Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think if your last name is Drummond and you live in Oklahoma, charges aren't automatic.  I know it's on this thread somewhere, but there are several family members who have had tickets dismissed.

Kinda makes you wonder about the fire truck accident....

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Kinda makes you wonder about the fire truck accident....

Speed, not wearing seat belts and why were they headed in different directions???  Cause they hit head on so where were they going?

• Love 3

I'm going to give Caleb the benefit of the doubt.  He has/had a brain injury and he probably shouldn't even be out and about, let alone drinking.  However, I am not a parent of a 21 year old young man and it looks like he made some poor decisions. I wish he would have stayed home and continued healing.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Speed, not wearing seat belts and why were they headed in different directions???  Cause they hit head on so where were they going?

I think one was going to refill with water and the other had already filled back up. 

• Love 5

I think the fire truck thing was just an unavoidable accident. The arrest over the weekend was teenage boy stuff, but not good. I remember Ree holds a yearly fancy dinner at the lodge for the local bar members and probably the top law enforcement too. That is called a bribe. I bet the local district attorney is invited to the wedding and is now in a very awkward position. I remember Hyacynth's husband is the local judge, and I believe of the "drug court" as well. So Caleb will probably get off with no charges, whereas the "average joe" would would get charged. That is how the world works, especially in small towns, and with rich people. He should be treated like everyone else. 

• Love 4
On 4/19/2021 at 6:47 AM, Dineen said:

I remember Ree holds a yearly fancy dinner at the lodge for the local bar members and probably the top law enforcement too. That is called a bribe.

Is this a pre-bribe?  It is definitely not a bribe.  

I thought a bribe happened after something untoward happened.  I would characterize the local politician/law enforcement dinners as community outreach events.  I was in the Air Force and the local Commander would have the Mayor, etc., over for a fete, a community outreach event.  It was considered neighborly, not a bribe.  Not a pre-bribe for your Airman who got into trouble.

My 2 cents, when filming starts in Pawhuska, people get disadvantaged with filming, traffic tie-ups, etc.  I think they probably pay the Town to film certain events and this is their way of saying thank you for putting up with the aggo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

comments from above article

I can’t stand the level of entitlement from this family.

First, and the one that pissed me off the most, Ree and her non-stop use of the word “r*tarded” to describe one of her brothers. No matter how many times she was called out on it, she said she had the right to call him that because he was her brother. Oh but as SOON as the Food Network called and she got representation from Porter Novelli (big PR firm) all the controversial stuff from her old blog was scrubbed, f-words, etc, etc. Including the stuff from when she was still blogging on typepad.

Second, the younger daughter, Paige got her arrest thrown out. Why? Guess who’s family member is a judge.

The cousin in law with his many many DUI and dv arrests, also going scott free for many years because of those family connections.

The collection of speeding tickets dismissed…

The recipe rip-offs…(y’all know she has a private chef who helps her “develop” her recipes right?)

Her whole “who me? I can’t believe all this fame just happened to me” schtick.
Dude, she studied marketing at USC. She literally talked about how to monetize her blog content into bigger things in the early days.

And to make it all worse, the fact that people still believe she homeschooled those kids. No. She had a homeschool co-op on or near the ranch where they hired a professional teacher to come teach her kids (and Missy and I think Hyacinths kids).

caroline says:

August 4, 2020 at 8:32 am

Jane Watson Hopping is the real pioneer lady. It irks me how Mrs Hopping was the original pioneer woman with church cookbook americana recipes. Ree stole her name and idea, and we never hear anything about that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Good luck with this post because her followers are just about as crazy as Taylor Swift’s…. Her show is hard to watch, that voice, some of the recipes are just basically lifted from church cookbooks…which is fine I guess, but amazing that she’s somehow so popular. Someone (not me!) mentioned this on her blog one time and was lit up by her followers. Any remotely negative thing posted and they are all over it.

Becks1 says:

August 4, 2020 at 7:42 am

LOL, I have all her cookbooks (my mom sends them to me, its not my fault) and I can’t really watch her show. Her voice is super grating to me.

And I agree about her recipes, I like them because I don’t have a church cookbook, but there is rarely anything original about them, you can almost always find better versions of what she has in there, and lordy, the pictures. so. many. pictures.

I think I have only made two things from her last two cookbooks, there’s just nothing that really appeals to me in there.

Becks1 says:

August 4, 2020 at 2:38 pm

Like I said, my mom is weirdly into PW, like I get all her cookbooks the day they are released because she orders them for my sisters in law and me (we are all late 30s, lol), but she also knows all this dirt on them (oh google) and thinks her “I’m a poor country girl” vibe is completely lame. So I don’t know why she gets so sucked into her otherwise? That’s how I have all this random knowledge, lol.

They were homeschooled but that was mainly bc of the distance – its probably a half hour from her house to the local elementary school, maybe slightly longer, so she didn’t want to have to drive two hours every day. But it was a co-op and very different from what you might think. One time she had someone in from Oregon who was part of the co-op (one of the teachers) so it was a very well-run and put together organization. the other daughter is at university of Arkansas (She posts this stuff on her IG and such, its not a secret.)

Charfromdarock says:

August 4, 2020 at 8:14 am

They look more like brother and sister than an engaged couple.

It boggles my mind how many willfully ignore public health guidelines.

Becks1 says:

August 4, 2020 at 9:11 am

I don’t make anything ethnic of hers – and I mean not even anything Italian. her lasagna recipe is…..gross. But the unhealthy aspect is what makes her other recipes so good, lol. like her cauliflower soup recipe with heavy cream and a pound of cheese and 4 sticks of butter – of course that’s good! (I’m exaggerating but the point stands, lol.)

She’s definitely an example of a blogger who is not authentic but has so established her brand/image that people think she is 100% authentic. Her original blog used to include some posts complaining about her husband and how she was always alone with the kids, and she scrubbed those at some point because they clearly hurt her brand.

The only reason I know so much lol is because my mom is quasi-obsessed with her. She doesn’t think she’s perfect, but she does read the blog and she likes a lot of her recipes. But she does also poke fun at the whole “I’m just a simple woman trying to make simple meals for my family” deal because…..clearly that’s not what it is anymore. So my mom will call me up and say something like “did you see Alex Drummond got engaged” and then offer the same sort of criticisms that Hecate had in this post. So she follows her but its turned into a weird love-hate thing, lol.

AMAyson1977 says:

August 4, 2020 at 11:55 pm

I had to look, and COTTAGE CHEESE??? BREAKFAST SAUSAGE???? In LASAGNA???? My Italian grandmother weeps.

Ree Drummond is super annoying and her show is unwatchable. Her schtick is so transparent and disingenuous. I’m not surprised that her kid had a super-spreader engagement party, or that these kids went to A&M. Every single person I know who went there married their high school or college sweetheart. I have nothing nice to say, lol

• Love 1

Kendeezy says:

August 4, 2020 at 8:56 am

I’m going to be the blunt one right now…as it is my day off from working constant 10hr+ shifts dealing with the public…

Her recipes aren’t innovative and I doubt they are meant to be. But they also don’t taste very good so…not really my jam.

Also…that boy she’s marrying is going to have a “realization” in his life in the next few years. (Gotta be PC extra nowadays)

But..congrats to the couple and hopefully their little shindig didn’t contribute to the spread! 😉

Amelie says:

August 4, 2020 at 1:24 pm

You think the fiance is gay? I dunno what else you would imply by a “realization.” I hope for him that’s not the case since he seems to be marrying into a conservative white family and things could get ugly for him.

Dee says:

August 4, 2020 at 9:42 am

Ugh. This woman with the voice that grates bought herself a bunch of fans stealing recipes out of church cookbooks. I can’t think of a food blogger I hate more. There was also some derogatory stuff about her special needs brother, which I can’t find, so must’ve been scrubbed from the internet.

Alisha says:

August 4, 2020 at 10:13 am

@Dee,

Yes, those were on her early blogs, which were long removed after her “brand” really started taking off. She used to refer to him as the R-word.

Genessee says:

August 4, 2020 at 2:14 pm

There are screenshots still floating around. It’s disgusting the hypocrisy of this woman. They used to be found on thepioneerwomansux blog

Lindy says:

August 4, 2020 at 10:13 am

I loathe this basic b!tch, her pseudo folksy aww shucks schtick, her sexist garbage narrative (my man is a meat and potatoes feller), her fake story of ranch life hardship (her husband’s family is pretty wealthy), and her recipes that she copies from church cookbooks.

She is the epitome of a white Karen, and the fact that they did this party in Texas (I’m in Texas as well) just shows her cavalier sense of entitlement. Data has recently confirmed that “small family gatherings” are a huge source of community spread.

Seriously, this woman and her family are the worst.

Christin says:

August 4, 2020 at 10:15 am

Didn’t everyone get the memo? Apparently the virus avoids weddings, funerals and church services. At least that’s what is exempted from at least one state’s mandate (and we are one of the 20 states not doing well on case counts).

The self-centeredness of people having these gatherings and posing without masks shows how much dissonance exists. Oh, it won’t affect “my” vacation, family gathering, etc.

And on a food-related note, her pre-packaged meatloaf is the most horrible thing I have ever attempted to eat.

AngiePangie says:

August 4, 2020 at 10:24 am

I really dug her vibe, but the last couple years have soured me, especially after buying her stuff and it breaking. Her coffee mugs just crack and burst under hot coffee.

Even saying all this, I’m not a “super fan”. I don’t watch her shows because they are annoying to me. But I think she is a nice person.

Another thing she did that pissed me off is use the label “designed in America”. Well it’s made in China. It’s like she missed the entire point. MADE in America supports American jobs. Designed in America supports her.

anneliser says:

August 4, 2020 at 11:17 am

Ladies, SUNSCREEN. I wish them all the best, but I literally have fewer wrinkles than that 23-year-old, and I’m in my early 40s. Some of it’s just the way her eyes are set in her face, but a lot of it is visible sun damage. (I do not look 23 by any means, but I remain very grateful for my lifelong sunscreen habits.)

I was also apparently a child bride by standards of this blog (engaged at 23, married at 24), and we have had some ups and downs but are very “settled” and happy at this point. We met when we were 22 and fresh out of college, and we never had difficulty aligning our “adult lifestyle habits” since we pretty much adopted them together.

I don’t know why, but something about Ree’s persona has always bugged me. I wish her well in the abstract, but she’s certainly not living a life I want to emulate.

Jane Watson Hopping w

escondista says:

August 4, 2020 at 2:21 pm

@caroline I was intrigued and just bought a Jane Watson Hopping book! Thanks for letting me know about her!

as the original pioneer woman ree stole her name

• Love 1

GRACE says:

August 4, 2020 at 4:44 pm

I love a good, old fashioned church cookbook….so many stories to tell inside….I still have my mother’s from 50+ years ago. Fun to see how (church) food (kinda) evolves. But this woman! I turn the channel when I hear that screech or see that fake ass smile.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/28/2021 at 9:24 PM, Dineen said:

had to look, and COTTAGE CHEESE??? BREAKFAST SAUSAGE???? In LASAGNA???? My Italian grandmother weeps.

I do not disagree with your many posts regarding the Pioneer Woman but I must disagree with your "COTTAGE CHEESE" comment.  My Mom had a lasagna recipe from an Italian family and it called for cottage cheese.  My mom even told me at an early age to use cottage cheese; the other cheeses were less satisfactory (this coming from the Garagulia family).

Regardless, I think Italian food is quite boring and lasagna takes way, way too many hours to make.  Go get Stouffers and then ride your bike or something.

Your point of view is clear, so is mine.  I admire her saving a town.   I do not discount your opinion.  I don't have a strong opinion on kids or cousins having some leniency in the courts.  *Cough*. Hunter.  *Cough*

ETA:  The cottage cheese tip was given to my mother in 1963? when our families met.  Since I was too young to shop, I have no idea if ricotta or marscapone were available in Omaha, NE, for example.  Boston, probably when they met.

Regardless, we're blessed with a rich food landscape!

Edited by albarino
  • Love 6

I enjoy and admire Ree and the family she and Ladd have raised and the way they’ve helped in Pawhuska.  I think she has a cute sense of humor and almost no vanity.  To whom much is given, much is expected — they have stayed true to their core values of family, it seems.  I wish their daughter so much happiness and hope the wedding is just what she dreamed of.  The Drummonds have been blessed with wealth, to be sure, but they also work their asses off.  The ranch is not a vanity project and Ree’s cooking is meant to be comfort and family friendly — she never claimed to be a high end chef.  I believe there is a place for that type of cooking all day long.  

• Love 6

ON 4/28/2021 AT 10:24 PM, DINEEN SAID:

had to look, and COTTAGE CHEESE??? BREAKFAST SAUSAGE???? In LASAGNA???? My Italian grandmother weeps.

I do not disagree with your many posts regarding the Pioneer Woman but I must disagree with your "COTTAGE CHEESE" comment

I just copied and pasted stuff from another website. I too put cottage cheese in lasagne. I hope everyone at that wedding will be vaccinated and wear masks, but I doubt it. A super spreader event.

10 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I believe there is a place for that type of cooking all day long.  

There will always be a place for high fat, high sugar food.  But ripping off recipes from church cookbooks and passing it off as your own is not cool.  And using your wealth to buy favors from people in high places is not cool, either.

10 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

The Drummonds have been blessed with wealth, to be sure, but they also work their asses off.

I worked full time for 45 years, working MY ass off but I was not blessed with wealth so I can't hire a publicist to come up with a fake life story.  Using wealth for charitable purposes is to be emulated.  Using wealth to only increase your own isn't anything to be all that proud of especially when it's from selling cheap goods from China that break and chip almost immediately.

17 minutes ago, Dineen said:

I hope everyone at that wedding will be vaccinated and wear masks, but I doubt it. A super spreader event.

I doubt it as well. 

• Love 7

I had FN on in the background today when PW was on and the theme was "surprise!" spicy food. I overheard something about jalapeno pimento spread and  Ree chirpily asked who all liked pimento cheese spread and the usual suspects chimed, "Yes," and one of the girls, I think, Alex, flatly responded, "No."

Later, when I glanced up at the TV, I saw some kind of mess with a bag of broccoli slaw topped with pepper rings and filets of fish and Ree was spreading some kind of presumably spicy sauce on top. She mentioned something about "cafeteria fish." Enuf said.

I quickly changed the channel. I would rather hear grim new stories than listen to that drivel.

I am glad I don't follow Ree's social media. Isn't Alex's wedding coming up soon? Ree must be insufferable right now.  Let me guess ... she is catering the rehearsal dinner (traditionally the groom's family's obligation) AND the wedding reception. Plus tending to her wounded cowboy and continuing to feed (kill off) Chuck. 

I would die laughing if Alex and her betrothed eloped at the very last minute. 

• Love 4

Soooo - nothing about Marucio's family in the article in People with photos.

All about Ree.

Thinking I won't even give her a click on her show again. She does not deserve it.

• Love 2

Seeing as the "article" People slapped together was basically nothing but stuff they took from public Instagram posts taken from various Drummond kids and a couple of Ree's old live Instagram stories, I wouldn't put too much weight into it not mentioning Marucio's family. I really wouldn't have expected Paige or Todd to have taken pictures of them, they were taking pictures of their sister. I mean, the "article" felt the need to mention that both Ree and Ladd were there. Not exactly a quality piece. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Dineen said:

Okay, seriously, has journalism died? The ET story is basically the People article word for word, I'm assuming they are the same company at this point. And the Yahoo article is again nothing but things patched together from Instagram pages, mostly the same exact things the others put together. I can just copy and paste from their public Instagram pages, batch them all together, and call them exclusives too. I get that none of these news outlets have real people at the wedding, but there's got to be a more original idea than just posting Paige and Todd's Instagram pictures and calling it a day. 

• Love 1

As much as I don't care for Ree or the gross foods she makes or the fake personality, the reception tent looked gorgeous with the flowers from ceiling, etc.   Alex looks beautiful and I do wish her much happiness with her new husband.   I can't imagine how much that cost.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MissT said:

I can't imagine how much that cost.

I read that it cost a million dollars. In a way, good for them for being successful. but they are dishonest as to how the pretend to be. I'm sure many of her reeple are struggling financially, 

and I wonder how many feel bad about their own lives. Alex had a pretty dress.

Ree has the wedding up on her site. It was very beautiful. We saw Mauricios mom but not his dad. The are going to the Maldives for honeymoon. Then they will go to their new house in Dallas  (paid for by whom?) Ree's dress was matronly.

41 minutes ago, Dineen said:

Ree has the wedding up on her site. It was very beautiful. We saw Mauricios mom but not his dad. The are going to the Maldives for honeymoon. Then they will go to their new house in Dallas  (paid for by whom?) Ree's dress was matronly.

Mauricio's mother looked stunning.  I loved her dress.   I didn't care for Ree's dress.    I was staring at her eyebrows though.   So orangey looking.  She looked nice years ago when her hair was brown/auburn.  

I will say again, the wedding did look beautiful.    I wish them well.   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dineen said:

I read that it cost a million dollars. In a way, good for them for being successful. but they are dishonest as to how the pretend to be. I'm sure many of her reeple are struggling financially, 

and I wonder how many feel bad about their own lives. Alex had a pretty dress.

How are they dishonest? It's not like Ree's ever tried to claim they were just some poor struggling ranchers, scratching by. I've read her blog for a long time, she's always been pretty straight forward with who they are and how they live. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

How are they dishonest? It's not like Ree's ever tried to claim they were just some poor struggling ranchers, scratching by.

She puts on an act like she is a typical ranch wife. She says she was a homeschooler, when they paid private professional tutors to travel to the ranch and teach those kids privately. Ree never said said she was poor and struggling, but she put on an act of being like an average woman

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dineen said:

They were-they were spectacular. The whole thing looked fabulous.

For a million dollars everything had better be beyond fabulous!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

everything had better be beyond fabulous!!!

So true! They had a professional wedding planner do it. If I had a million dollars to blow on a wedding I would have done the same. Alex is now in the Maldives for her honeymoon. Wonder who paid for that? I don't think there are any pictures of Hyacynth at the wedding, you know she went. Or any of the extended clan. I wonder if Caleb got drunk at the reception? (I am being nasty). Or Thatcher or Ree's brother getting sloshed, the family seems to have drinking problems. I looked on her social media, she was wearing a  top that made her look really fat. Her mother in law dress could have been better. It made her look heavy. Alex had a lovely dress. 

It just occurred to me that maybe Alex went to the Maldives because of covid? I think Hawaii is very strict about quarentine,  masks etc, and maybe the Maldives is more laid back, less strict about masks. I wonder if they have to wear masks on the plane? It would drive me nuts to wear a mask for that long.

I was just looking at her website. No pictures or information about Mauricio's dad. Why not? No pictures of the bridesmaids. Did anyone famous attend? How about Garth and Trisha? I know Ree is friends with Trisha. I would invite Trisha if I were Ree. No pictures of Papa. For such a grand affair, not many pictures at all. Something stinks with this family, and I don't mean the cow dung! She no longer has giveaways on her site (that I can see). Now it is just a big advertisement and marketing tool for her products. Along with a lot of "fluff" like articles mindlessly fawning over celebrities. Ohhh, Kevin Costner is soooo cute! He is, but as a grown woman I and the other readers have better things to do, and more grown up things to think about than giggling over some movie star like a 6th grader. I  am sorry I post so much, I will try to cut down. Today is a cloudy rainy day where I am, so indoors looking at my computer. 

• Love 1
On 5/6/2021 at 1:28 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I enjoy a lot of your opinions and observations. 

Thank you mindthinkr. Look at these 2 articles about Alex's honeymoon. They are spending at least $50,000 on it. One article says Alex and Mauricio lived together after college. I thought they were devout Christians? I wonder what Ree's fundamentalist fans think?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-pioneer-woman-inside-ree-drummond-daughter-honeymoon.html/

https://news.amomama.com/261709-alex-drummond-husband-mauricio-scott-sha.html

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Thanks @Dineen That was one heck of a wedding. Of all of the pictures I’ve seen I’ve yet to see one of how Ree dressed for the occasion. 

Must be nice to have parents that can afford a million dollar wedding and truly a spectacular honeymoon. The Maldives. I didn’t realize that it was that expensive to stay there. Holy cow. 

Now I wonder what Maurico is going to do for work. I didn’t see it said if they are renting in Dallas or if they have bought a home. I’m sure her parents would have helped financially if it was the latter. She is probably used to having a family that can afford whatever. Will he be able to sustain her lifestyle. I feel bad snarking on the kids. I hope that they have a beautiful future.

I don’t know if I will be able to stomach it when they have their first grandchild. Ree will be showing us how to make baby food and talk in baby voices. Oh will I have fun snarking on that. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2

I was just doing google searches and found this:  It says that 

Ree and Ladd Drummond's ranch seems to be plagued with tragedy. According to the Oklahoma Department of Labor reports, five farmhands at the family ranch passed away because of dysentery since 2008. Furthermore, a visitor at the farm drowned in an attempt to cross a river on the property. 

WTF? Dysentery is a bacterial infection. Five people? I would make a joke about her cooking but it is not funny. Did the farmhands drink from the ponds? And someone drowned? How big was the river? A river big enough to drown in?

https://www.thetravel.com/pioneer-woman-food-network-facts/

Dysentery is a third world/medieval type of disease. I have never known even one person who has had it. You would think some health authorities would go in and investigate this and fix whatever the problem is.

• Love 2