Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, mishy said:What is going on in this thread? It's mostly one person making post after post about a woman they hate? Mauricio is a gigolo? Running a long con? Possibly not a citizen? (what?!) Wearing a gold bracelet is flaunting your wealth? (what?) I only catch this show in the background when I'm waiting for the next show to come on and sometimes stop by the thread but this weird hostility toward a woman and her family is strange to me, I'll be like @Mandolia and move on from the thread. 

I got a post deleted because I was defending Alex G’s daughter on The Kitchen forum.

“Your post below was removed from The Kitchen. Do not tell other users what they can and cannot post about. If this poster's opinion is upsetting you, please use the Ignore Users Feature, but they are not violating forum rules with their opinions.”

@Dineen I didn’t have an issue with all your posts. She gives us so much material to choose from. I found you entertaining. 
Right now I just can’t get my head around how many of her shows keep getting airtime. It seems like she fills a few hours of programming every day. It could be the channel. They used to have a wide variety of shows to choose from. Why aren’t we getting reruns from them? I understand Ree has a set flavor palette, but I’d like to see her branch out a bit. I’d also be happier if she upped the health factor. More than those yogurt-berry-granola parfaits for breakfast and salads. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, patty1h said:

I was doing todays NY Times crossword puzzle and the last clue is:   "Food Writer/TV Personality ____ Drummond".

Wow...just wow. She’s now that mainstream that she made the NYT crossword. Color me shocked. 

I saw her this weekend on Iron Chef. She was a judge. I don’t think she said more than 10 words as her thoughts were the same adjectives that she uses on her show. I think they kept editing her out because it all sounded the same. This is delicious. That is delicious. It is delicious. What I did notice is that how tall she must be. She sat taller than the other two judges. She also wore a plain burgundy blouse which did nothing for her. She looked drab and unpolished. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Source: Showbuzzdaily

(Rank/Show/Timeslot/# of Viewers/Demo rating 18-49 in parenthesis)

1---THE KITCHEN: FAMILY STYLE---Saturday 11:00AM---1,233,000 (0.24)
2---HALLOWEEN BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP---Monday 9:00PM---1,130,000 (0.25)
3---GIRL MEETS FARM---Sunday 11:00AM---1,086,000 (0.19)
TRISHA’S SOUTHERN KITCHEN REPACKAGED---Sunday 11:30AM---1,084,000 (0.19) *
4---PIONEER WOMAN---Saturday 10:00AM---1,077,000 (0.17)

Girl Meets Farm got higher ratings than Pioneer Woman last week.

• Love 7

She has an article on her website about her new clothing line. At this point only one plus size. That means if you eat her frozen food or use her recipies you won't fit into a 1x, you would need a 4 or 5 x. I won't link to her site, I will spare you.

• LOL 4

Ree is having an online tour of the Lodge in mid November to launch her new book, frontier follies. You can buy tickets for $28 for the tour, plus a signed copy of the book. For $25 you get the tour, plus the book, not signed. Got to make that money!!! It looks like Ladd and Ree's taxes will be going up up and up in the next 4 years, so got to make the money now. 

• Love 2
On 8/6/2020 at 12:31 PM, chabelisaywow said:

1576369124_TheBlindSide.thumb.jpg.f018fc9a0e4af7184733c24bfbf9c823.jpg

Ok, when I posted this pic, I thought to myself about a scene from the Blindside when the relative leaves a voicemail... "i may be drunk but is that a black boy in your Christmas picture?"

Turns out his name is Jamarr and the Drummonds are fostering him.  She's writing a book about it.

I know all of you can come up with some pretty good titles. LOL.

• Love 1

They probably did this for good PR, and to give her more family and "homey"  stories to write about. When Jamar gets married someday (after her kids) she will make a big deal of it and have stories to put up on her blog. I don't trust their intentions. 

• Love 1

This story was in the daily mail online. One commenter said Jamar looks like her. Maybe Jamar is related to her "black grandpa." LOL that was a joke. Can't wait for Ree's clothing line to come out so we can see how ugly it is. As Ree looks like she buys her tops from Omar the tent maker it should be interesting.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Sounds like some sort of cowboy version of The Blind Sid

My thoughts exactly. She tells the story in her new book. I will not buy it, although one can go to a book store and read it without buying it. Didn't the boy have a family already? Or was his situation so bad he needed foster care?

I know that everyone here will buy ALL of their Christmas gifts from the merc, or from her new catalogue, or from her new line of wallpaper. I know I will!

https://www.eonline.com/news/1202058/the-pioneer-woman-ree-drummonds-holiday-gift-guide-turns-any-house-into-a-home

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ree-just-launched-line-pioneer-210800225.html

I want wallpaper with cows all over them! Or sticks of land-O-Lakes butter! Or dollar signs! Or Ladd's derriere! Or his oh so hot muscular arms. Nah, the rear end wallpaper is what I want. It will impress any guest/visitor that comes to your home, and will increase the resale value of your home when you go to sell it (and the property taxes, of course).

• LOL 4

After checking this thread every so often, it's crazy how many things Ree can find to market.  Frozen food, cookware, those tchotchkes at the Merc, and now wallpaper of all things.   When I learn that there's another thing that Ree is doing to line her pockets, I wonder what is driving this need of foisting random new items on the public.   Is it narcissism, greed or good ole American capitalism.   I follow several behavioral/psychological experts on Youtube and I'd love one of them to profile Ree.

To make me look less of a snake, I don't pay enough attention to Ree's publicity or care to waste my time to find out, so I can only believe in my heart that Ree is not hoarding every dollar in her basement but is allotting a portion of her earnings to charity and all of my venom is directed at a generous woman who is happily giving back.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, patty1h said:

After checking this thread every so often, it's crazy how many things Ree can find to market.  Frozen food, cookware, those tchotchkes at the Merc, and now wallpaper of all things.   When I learn that there's another thing that Ree is doing to line her pockets, I wonder what is driving this need of foisting random new items on the public.   Is it narcissism, greed or good ole American capitalism.   I follow several behavioral/psychological experts on Youtube and I'd love one of them to profile Ree.

To make me look less of a snake, I don't pay enough attention to Ree's publicity or care to waste my time to find out, so I can only believe in my heart that Ree is not hoarding every dollar in her basement but is allotting a portion of her earnings to charity and all of my venom is directed at a generous woman who is happily giving back.

First bold...that is where I fall. Second bold..hahahaha, Yeah, no way! You couldn't pry one dollar from her cold dead hands to give away! (I may be a snake here..or a snark 🙂) I would love to see a behavioral/psychological profile of her...

• Love 2

Is it safe to snark on other members of the family?  I posted some random thoughts about Mauricio a while back and apparently I had stepped over a line...   

Anyhoo, this may not be a snark, but after seeing the posting about Ree's latest items, it made me curious if Ladd has any part in the apparent drive to make beaucoup dollars.  He seems down to earth and easy going, content to farm his cattle but then I wonder do he and Ree put their heads together and brainstorm on their next venture or is Ree the bossbabe in charge of all things commercial.  IMO, it's Ree 100%.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

...is Ree the bossbabe in charge of all things commercial.  IMO, it's Ree 100%.

Ladd doesn't need to be involved in Ree's arm of milking the public. he's busy milking the government for subsidies.  And charity is a word never associated with either of them. 

I'd bet dollars to donuts that they are using the foster kid to make themselves look better to the public.

• Love 3

I agree with all of you posters about Ree and Ladd milking the systems. One could think she upped her marketing game to put all her children through school (college or university). Nah. Ladd and Ree own a lot of land and there are taxes to be paid. In my state you have to pay a yearly tax on the value of your car, boat...separate from the tax on the engine as well, any motor home and just about anything else you own of value. If they had to pay those on the multiple vehicles, tractors, and farming equipment I would think that’s a pricey bill too. I’m not defending them. I think her show and cookbooks have given her enough extra dosh to pay for the educations and any incidentals. She is just become so saccharine sweet while doing so that I dislike her. Sadly the Food channel is saturated with her shows and it has become unwatchable for me unless it’s a new Ina show or another cook that I haven’t had jammed down my throat. 

• Love 1

I agree with all of the above. She is just greedy. She has, of course, a business manager who may (?) take a percentage of her profits, so he may encourage her to make as much moolah as possible. Mindthinker, what state do you like in. I will make a "note to self" to never live there.

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

In my state you have to pay a yearly tax on the value of your car, boat...separate from the tax on the engine as well, any motor home and just about anything else you own of value.

• Love 1

NC. My state taxes and luxury taxes (car, boat, not that I have one, RV and they even tax me per cat that I own) are three times what I pay the IRS. It used to be a fair state, but over the last decade they have sky rocketed. I’m at the age where I don’t want to make a big move and be away from all of my family or I would. 

I haven't watched this show in MONTHS. I happened to see bits of today's Thanksgiving show.  I am sure I have seen all of those recipes years ago.

Are we supposed to believe that Alex is filming the show on her iPhone?  Or, is she just taking photos for Ree's blog or something? In any case, either circumstance seems very phony and staged.

Also, what have Alex and Paige done to their hair? They both need some Olaplex STAT!

Who were the two guys?  I heard one identified as "Stu." Were either of them Surly or Sullen? Like I said, I haven't seen this show for a good year, so maybe I wouldn't even recognize those two these days.

I was also reminded of why I quit watching.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Who were the two guys?  I heard one identified as "Stu." Were either of them Surly or Sullen? Like I said, I haven't seen this show for a good year, so maybe I wouldn't even recognize those two these days.

Stu is the nephew and the other guy was most likely Alex's fiance Mauricio -- the Drummond boys have very rarely appeared in the most recent quarantine episodes.   Mauricio has become a regular fixture in the lodge, laughing at Ree's comments and making positive noises after tasting her latest recipe.

• Love 3

I saw a picture of the new issue of her "magazine". She is wearing a pretty coat. I do like it, it is pretty. So different from the usual hideous tents she wears. She is on the cover of the new Woman's World with her Thanksgiving recipies. Her PR team is working overtime. I agree that Ladd and Ree are probably using the kid for good PR. And foster parents automatically get paid when they take in a foster child. But he is worth more in PR and ad generating revenue than that!

• Love 3

Ree was on the Today show this morning. She is promoting her new book which is available tomorrow. She said that she couldn’t really discuss her foster situation because of his rights as a minor. Now that he’s 18 she’s free to exploit him. I doubt he is complaining. He is fed well (lots of fats and sugars as per her style) and will probably have bank to go to college and continue his football. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ree was on the Today show this morning. She is promoting her new book which is available tomorrow. She said that she couldn’t really discuss her foster situation because of his rights as a minor. Now that he’s 18 she’s free to exploit him. I doubt he is complaining. He is fed well (lots of fats and sugars as per her style) and will probably have bank to go to college and continue his football. 

I think Ree is living that movie I watched starring Sandra Bullocks!  the Blind Side. She adopted a black football huge kid!  

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ree was on the Today show this morning. She is promoting her new book which is available tomorrow. She said that she couldn’t really discuss her foster situation because of his rights as a minor.

But if he is now over 18 he is no longer a minor. So why can't she talk?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Dineen said:

But if he is now over 18 he is no longer a minor. So why can't she talk?

Because she can't milk the story for publicity.  She'll probably "accidentally" drop a word or two now and then to keep her sycophants satisfied.  Tell the whole story and the mystery is gone.  Gotta keep those bucks flowing.

Hopefully the kid is getting something out of it since it appears he is a prop for her persona.

• Love 2

I’m watching a rerun from last year “Faster Pasta.” Aside from the undying cooking show trend of finding every way to cook dinner in the least amount of time that I’ve complained about plenty (especially with Ree who was never beholden to a 9-5 job or doing all the homeschooling and domestic chores like she claimed), one of the “recipes” was fried pasta. Her introduction to it was baffling. She was going on about how she was doing something so wacky and out there by frying pasta. Does she think her audience are full of oblivious idiots? It sounds like it with the way she expected people to lose their minds at the idea of frying pasta. Hon, you’re in the Midwest. Fried (or “toasted”) ravioli has been a thing in that region for decades. It’s not that big of a leap to go from frying ravioli to frying cooked bow tie pasta.

• Love 3
On 11/14/2020 at 1:59 PM, Dineen said:

I know that everyone here will buy ALL of their Christmas gifts from the merc, or from her new catalogue, or from her new line of wallpaper. I know I will!

https://www.eonline.com/news/1202058/the-pioneer-woman-ree-drummonds-holiday-gift-guide-turns-any-house-into-a-home

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ree-just-launched-line-pioneer-210800225.html

I want wallpaper with cows all over them! Or sticks of land-O-Lakes butter! Or dollar signs! Or Ladd's derriere! Or his oh so hot muscular arms. Nah, the rear end wallpaper is what I want. It will impress any guest/visitor that comes to your home, and will increase the resale value of your home when you go to sell it (and the property taxes, of course).

All that crap she peddles looks cheap as hell...

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

All that crap she peddles looks cheap as hell

Yes! Cheap as in poorly-cheaply made, not inexpensive. Now she is  selling floral design "stainless steel" (yeah sure) garbage can, a set of 2, now $10 off, now $49.00, down from $59.00.  In the usual overdone flowery design.  Sales must be down. They probably cost only a few dollars to make, so a big mark up.

• Love 1