Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Isn't the the purpose of this thread snark?

Yes! I appreciate the work that went into finding and posting these comments. It shows that not all are worshipping at the throne of the "Ree". I'm not tech savvy enough to find many of these things on my own so I love reading them here.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Yes! I appreciate the work that went into finding and posting these comments. It shows that not all are worshipping at the throne of the "Ree". I'm not tech savvy enough to find many of these things on my own so I love reading them here.

I don't do much on social media so I, too, appreciate anybody who takes the time to share what others are posting.  Clearly this board isn't the only place that Smiley the Crappy Cook gets called out for her incompetence.

• Love 3

I am sorry about the multiple posts. The comments were from a you tube video from "the list" with the title "the truth about the pioneer woman's husband finally revealed." I forgot to put up the link to this.  Some of the comments were so good I could not resist! On another note, Ree is coming out with a clothing line. That will give us hours of fun as the "tops" (muumuus) will be beyond the pale ugly. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Dineen said:

(Hate!) Watching Home Sweet Home 15 now, WHY does she continue to wear flowy tops WHILE cooking??  It is driving me bonkers, anytime I have watched her lately, I'm worried that her sleeves are going to go up in flames!  The sleeves are also coming dangerously close to dipping into the salad dressing she is making right now!  And agree: her tops are very matronly looking, I would think she would be much more fashion trendy than she is

• Love 2
On 9/12/2020 at 9:13 AM, sandyskyblue said:

(Hate!) Watching Home Sweet Home 15 now, WHY does she continue to wear flowy tops WHILE cooking??  It is driving me bonkers, anytime I have watched her lately, I'm worried that her sleeves are going to go up in flames!  The sleeves are also coming dangerously close to dipping into the salad dressing she is making right now!  And agree: her tops are very matronly looking, I would think she would be much more fashion trendy than she is

Cannot believe how much those hideous tops cost...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

Cannot believe how much those hideous tops cost...

I’m too scared to click on their link so I don’t get flooded with ads. Could you (if you know) please tell me their price range? 
I promise that I will not be going out to buy any of them, no matter what their cost is. I’m curious. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m too scared to click on their link so I don’t get flooded with ads. Could you (if you know) please tell me their price range? 
I promise that I will not be going out to buy any of them, no matter what their cost is. I’m curious. 

96.00- 140.00

• Love 2

New online article on the ranch's pond, and how pretty it is. Ree says that she was always worried about her kids drowning in it. And that was one of the dangers of country life. If you watch a small child not really. Urban areas have dangers too, like more traffic.  She also says Ladd wanted to name their fourth child "Bull."  What is wrong with him? That is a weird name, even for cattle ranchers. Here it is:

https://www.southernliving.com/news/ree-drummond-pawhuska-ranch-pond-pioneer-woman-magazine-article

• Love 1

Ree has recently mentioned that she is coming out with her own clothing line. Maybe this article about her tops and where to buy them is a way to see what style her fans like, and what price range they will spend? Her webmaster can keep track of the clicks to the other sites. That way she knows what will sell. Just a thought.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Ree doesn't own or is affiliated with the company making the tops, as far as I can see, The link was to a seller/maker of the tops since someone asked her where she bought them. But then I could be wrong.

Your right @ Chessiegal. Thats what she pays for her ugly tops .

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ree has articles on her site about the hair care products she uses, skincare and sunscreen. At the top is this:

Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. The site may earn a commission on some products.

There are other products like lip gloss etc the same. So she gets a commission when you click the link, then buy the product.  And the products are chosen by the "team." (her business manager after negotiating with the big companies?) This is shameless!! I am amazed her fans don't see through her. Her "blog" is nothing but an ad paper.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Dineen said:

Ree has articles on her site about the hair care products she uses, skincare and sunscreen. At the top is this:

Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. The site may earn a commission on some products.

There are other products like lip gloss etc the same. So she gets a commission when you click the link, then buy the product.  And the products are chosen by the "team." (her business manager after negotiating with the big companies?) This is shameless!! I am amazed her fans don't see through her. Her "blog" is nothing but an ad paper.

It always strikes me as being ultra manipulative, not to mention a questionable ploy, but marketing is all about creating a revenue stream.  

Edited by Mandolia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ree's daughter's engagement is in the enquirer this week. She will be getting married next summer (2021).  You can bet it will be on T.V. It did not give a date, but most summer weddings are June. Ree will be making the food. BARF

• Love 1
On 9/20/2020 at 2:39 PM, Dineen said:

Ree's daughter's engagement is in the enquirer this week. She will be getting married next summer (2021).  You can bet it will be on T.V. It did not give a date, but most summer weddings are June. Ree will be making the food. BARF

so a ton of butter, jalapenos and sugar 🤢

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

a chance to practice your math lol. 

Has anyone done the math? i might try to look up alex's birthday. That is not a flattering picture of ree. she is only average looking at best. i hope alex makes for a prettier bride.

She has an article 12 best christmas towns to add to your bucket list. with pictures, and a link to the tourist department of each town. and a disclaimer that "the site may earn a commission on some products."  That means probably all products. she is not even trying to hide her greed anymore. it makes me kind of sick.

3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Did they take a bus to their wedding?

Looks like a bus. maybe they had to bring some farm animals and charlie to stand up in the ceremony.

• LOL 2

If I remember correctly she says she had a 23 inch waist on her wedding day. That is admirable, my waist is not that! Hers sure is not that now. Her waist does not look that small in that picture. Also, that dress looks too plain and downmarket for people who might have been thought of as "society."

4 hours ago, Dineen said:

Has anyone done the math? i might try to look up alex's birthday. That is not a flattering picture of ree. she is only average looking at best. i hope alex makes for a prettier bride.

Alex is a honeymoon baby. 9 months and barely a week. 

4 hours ago, Dineen said:

If I remember correctly she says she had a 23 inch waist on her wedding day. That is admirable, my waist is not that! Hers sure is not that now. Her waist does not look that small in that picture. Also, that dress looks too plain and downmarket for people who might have been thought of as "society."

Ok. I call foul (unless you’re the Kardashian type that uses waist trainers so you have an abnormally small waist) I’m under 100 lbs and a size 0-2 and my waist is bigger. 

1 hour ago, HyeChaps said:

TMI

Well she must be the first prairie woman to give birth in the wilds of an Oklahoma hospital. So of course she’s TMI. We need to be educated doncha know  <sarcasm> 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Alex is a honeymoon baby. 9 months and barely a week.

She obviously wanted to cement her place into that family. Produce an heir, you aren't going anywhere but up!! I have a feeling she was climbing the social ladder even then.

• Love 1

“I never got around to ordering my wedding photos. I’m an enneagram 7 like that. Anyway, I found this snapshot last week because Alex wanted to see my dress. It had a corset tie in the back with a little bunch of silk flowers at the waist. All business on the front, though. I love you, Ladd Drummond! Happy anniversary, and thank you for getting me pregnant within a week of this photo being taken.

She never got around to ordering her wedding photos? WTF?? I don't believe that. She would have to be the only woman on the planet not to. There is something really "off" about her. Usually the wedding photographer that is present will develop them then send them to you. You don't order them like you order something from the sears catalogue. For a woman whose whole existence is this man and marriage and who pretends to be so hot in love with her "sweetie" and posts pictures of his butt, to forget that is just not true. I don't believe her. But why lie about that?  It makes her look crazy to never get around to ordering her wedding photos.  I saw this on her website, the article written by Megan Stein, who edits the website. Why didn't Megan notice how weird this is and leave it out? This is at the bottom of the article:

MEGAN STEINMegan Stein is the senior editor for The Pioneer Woman, and oversees entertainment, features, and news for the website.

And what is an enneagram 7? An excuse to be super flakey? New age garbage? The comments by the Reeple below the article are just congratulations/you are so wonderful/I love you etc. The Reeple does not notice this kind of stuff. And the pregnant comment is TMI.

52 minutes ago, Dineen said:

And what is an enneagram 7?

This sent me off to Google. I'd never heard of it, but there is an Enneagram Institute that outlines personality types. I'm familiar with Myers Briggs but not Enneagram. According to them, a 7 has these traits.

THE ENTHUSIAST
Enneagram Type Seven

The Busy, Variety-Seeking Type:
Spontaneous, Versatile, Acquisitive, and Scattered

Type Seven in Brief

Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.

Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain

Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content—to have their needs fulfilled

Enneagram Seven with a Six-Wing: "The Entertainer"

Enneagram Seven with an Eight-Wing: "The Realist"

Key Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain.

• Useful 3

I have mixed feelings about this Mauricio, who is becoming a regular in the kitchen during filming.  He's becoming Ree's new parrot, oohing and aahing at her moves, laughing at her jokes, making yummy noises when she puts more hot sauce on something.  His voice is getting louder in the background than Alex's and I want to tell him to take it down a notch.  Ree is not helping - last week, she made some remark about him gaining a MIL, but she phrased it weirdly and I rolled my eyes.

Whenever he's on camera, my mind swirls with questions, like, how liberal are Ree and Ladd?  Do they let their daughter and her fiancee sleep in the same bed, or is Mauricio bunking with the Drummond boys or the ranch hands?  Do Bryce and Todd like him, or are they tied up in being manly quarterbacks to care about this new male in the family?   Is Mauricio a gigolo, doing a long con on a bunch of millionaires?    We shall see.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Is Mauricio a gigolo,

could very well be. alex was already famous when she went away to college.  i had 2 men go after me for money. the word gigilo is being too kind. the word predator is more accurate . we all trash ree for going after ladd for his money, which i believe she did. but it is far worse when a man does it. it is stomach turning, and unsavory. i hope it is not true for alex, but how can she really know? some men lay it on thick and are good actors. 

I just saw an article about a man arrested for obtaining citizenship through a sham marriage.  Some foreign men will do that too. When I was in college I went to Italy and a guy was all over me asking me questions like "your father's car, is it very big?" I did not fall for that.  These scummy men are out there, I hope Mauicio is not on.e of them

20 minutes ago, Dineen said:

I hope Mauicio is not one of them

Is he not a citizen?  I don't watch anymore so I have never seen him.  But interesting theory to ponder about pursuing citizenship through marriage.

1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Is he not a citizen? 

I believe he is a US citizen. I was just talking about an article I read, and my own experience. I was not clear in my comments. But I do think it is possible that Mauricio is marrying for money and status, a user.

13 hours ago, Dineen said:

we all trash ree for going after ladd for his money, which i believe she did. but it is far worse when a man does it. it is stomach turning, and unsavory

Why is it worse when men do it?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, cynicat said:

Why is it worse when men do it?

Women have the babies, can't work as much, need the material support. Men should be the protectors, should love and protect their wives/women/children/female relatives. I like real men, and a real man is like that. The men in my past who tried to do that to me were weasels, and they made me sick. They tend to be useless people, and by that I don't mean poor money-wise, but a do nothing, user sort of person who takes advantage of other people. That type of man has no character, bad character. He may not be a literal criminal, but he is bad because he will ultimately end up hurting innocent people. I am old fashioned, and make no apologies for it. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Dineen said:

Women have the babies, can't work as much, need the material support. Men should be the protectors, should love and protect their wives/women/children/female relatives. I like real men, and a real man is like that. The men in my past who tried to do that to me were weasels, and they made me sick. They tend to be useless people, and by that I don't mean poor money-wise, but a do nothing, user sort of person who takes advantage of other people. That type of man has no character, bad character. He may not be a literal criminal, but he is bad because he will ultimately end up hurting innocent people. I am old fashioned, and make no apologies for it. 

Wow.

• Love 7

I honestly think my time on this thread is done.  Snark about PW is fine but I'm uncomfortable reading comments about someone who is engaged to one of Ree's daughters and (frankly, weird) speculation about his motives.  Which has led to a whole new chain of thought which has zero to do with PW.  

I know: I can just scroll on past posts which are of no interest.  Maybe I'll come back at some point and enjoy some epic snarkiness about PW's burgeoning commercial empire (and possibly the odd new show...when they happen!).  

Edited by Mandolia
  • Love 10

What is going on in this thread? It's mostly one person making post after post about a woman they hate? Mauricio is a gigolo? Running a long con? Possibly not a citizen? (what?!) Wearing a gold bracelet is flaunting your wealth? (what?) I only catch this show in the background when I'm waiting for the next show to come on and sometimes stop by the thread but this weird hostility toward a woman and her family is strange to me, I'll be like @Mandolia and move on from the thread. 

• Love 8