Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm kind of just still in a cocooned state. Grief + lockdown = immobility or something. I lose track of time really easily. Lately though I've decided to move back east. I'm in Fort Worth - we were here for my husband's work. I need to downsize anyway, and I'm from the east coast, so may as well go back where I have family and life-long friends. And 4 seasons, and ocean. So the downsizing has begun. I'll be trying to get down from 3000 sq ft of stuff to about 800!

I read about Ree's vacation recommendations. My god, Pawhuska sounds like such a bore. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, txvoodoo said:

And 4 seasons, and ocean.

What? You don’t want to move to dusty Oklahoma? Or vacation there? I can’t imagine why not...he he. 
It’s amazing how much you can miss the seasons when you move away from them. Good luck with the downsizing and move. 
Once Covid clears you will enjoy being around familiar places and people. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, andidante said:

It seems that Ree's daughter Alex just got engaged. The couple seems very happy. They are really cute together!

No snark - just curious.  Alex is 23 - why does she look so old? Crows feet and weathered skin? Is it because she spent her formative years as a ranch hand?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

No snark - just curious.  Alex is 23 - why does she look so old? Crows feet and weathered skin? Is it because she spent her formative years as a ranch hand?

I thought so too. Those crows feet are very prominent. But they are cute together. Now we will be treated to Ree's grandkids.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:55 PM, SuzySmith said:

Could be a compression short or just plain shorts too. They ride up less when you are riding. 

My nephews are just slightly older than Ree's sons. For some reason one of them wears basketball shorts over his boxers, and then puts his jeans on. I have no idea why. But that kinda looks like what Todd did too. 

7 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

She's looked like she's living in a tanning booth for a couple of years now. 

• Love 1
On 8/3/2020 at 1:45 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

but, a party with family and friends?  How terrifying.

Seriously - especially with outbreaks in Oklahoma, and the Dallas/Fort Worth area having such spikes. We have all these stories like this one - 14 members of a family get COVID after a family gathering. Use your brains, people! You can't have a happy long marriage if it starts off infecting family members.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article244505282.html

• Love 4

I had a look at the "new improved" website, now under the umbrella of the Hearst organisation with its content written by others.  PW now is well and truly branded (never has a word been more appropriate!): clever Mrs Drummond.  

• Love 1

I wonder if the fire in Rachel Ray's house was caused by the extra electricity used by filming her show? Is that even possible? An electrical overload? Does anyone know electrical stuff?

• Love 1

Yuck...a new book. "Frontier follies." More bullshit. From her facebook page

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

2h · 

Here are the front and back covers of my new book! I've had so much fun writing it---it's been a deep dive, and it'll be a really fun romp. "Frontier Follies" will be out in November, and you can read more about it (and see a few of the topics!) here!

Note: I reached my download limit-I will try to finish this tonight or tomorrow.

• Love 1

Her fans comment on how she looks like she never ages.....well, that is botox, air brushing, and maybe photoshopping (in reguards to the picture of her on the back of the book.). Ree's forehead is enormous.

• Love 3

A new article about what happens to the food made on the show. Family, dogs, and crew eat it. That is ok, but look at some of the comments about her low quality crook pots and pans, I will try to copy and paste them.

Been looking to notify someone that we bought a set of your pots and pans with the casserole dish. The cover on the large pot does not fit because the pot is out of round and there are scratches on the pot. How can we get a new pot to replace this one?

I needed a new frying pan, bought your turquoise blue from walmart. The handle is loose and there is no way to tighten due to the way it is made. Only had for about 2 months. Very disappointed that handle turns when trying to hang on to it. Your name and design is on it as well as bottom. Very poor quality.

The last year has been hard, my husband passed, i was forced to sell our farm...but...for the first time ever I bought a hone on my own and could decorate as I wanted...i bought one of your pretty electric kettles (the red one)...fast forward to 2mos later and the water leaks out the bottom all over my counter...very disappointed, as a farm gal, I would expect you to put your name on quality products

On 8/9/2020 at 10:25 AM, Dineen said:

Molly Yeh is making a meatloaf with 2 hot dogs inside. GROSS!   She's been Ree'D. She has been watching Ree and her brain has shrunk. 

i saw that episode and I thought i was watching a PW episode

• LOL 3

Today on one of the morning shows I saw dermatologist "Dr. Day" say that if you have a lot of windows in your house you must wear sunscreen indoors. That you are at risk if you don't. The lodge has those huge wall to wall windows. I'll bet Ree won't use sunscreen, won't make Ladd or those kids wear it either. I bet Ladd does not wear it outside. Ree relies on Botox, and it won't be long before she drags those girls with her to the plastic surgeon for a few injections, and maybe a few nips and tucks. Ree is probably too self absorbed to look out for those kids' health.

5 hours ago, chessiegal said:

6---PIONEER WOMAN: HOME SWEET HOME---Saturday 10:00AM---937,000 (0.19)

where did you find that? Also, I was always curious, do they still use the Neilson ratings, or does the tv automatically send in viewership info to the networks?

• Love 1

A fairly new you tube video. Some interesting comments, some hokey comments.

The government should force them to give a lot of the land back to the Native Americans that Ladd's family stole it from. As if they really need all that land. What was done to the NA people is horrifying, and these smug landowners like Ree and her husband (and his family) have no business being the single owners of that much formerly NA land. The fact that she calls herself a "pioneer woman" but makes the most unhealthy foods out there is hysterical. And I don't think pioneer women dyed their hair that shade of red unless they were "working girls" if you get my drift....

• Love 3

Yeah a guy like him is a harlot's magnet. It's hard to have a husband that is more attractive than you

@olie171 I am sure he is just as lucky to have her. Looks are skin deep.

He's taken millions of stimulus $ for his ranch. Just so you know. Google it

I bought a few of the prepared meals at Walmart. They ended up in the trash, no one would eat that food.

• Love 1

Ehh something is off with these two - they always look awkward and uncomfortable when Ladd comes into the scene.

Missy never seems comfortable around Ree and I think I can understand that.

In another words Ladd is basic as f...😏

• Love 2

Ree Drummond is nothing more than a manufactured TV "personality". She is no Ina Garten - someone who actually knows how to put together food and flavors. Rather she is in the vein of Guy Fieri and Rachel Ray - people hired to stand in front of a stove and follow someone else's recipes - not so different than us regular folks. She admits she does not do her own food blog - a ghost writer does this. Her "kitchen" where she cooks is an elaborate set, not her ranch. When she first started she was very hyped up by the network and so much of that was not true - her "kitchen" on the ranch, her accidental simple country girl when in fact they are very, VERY wealthy ranchers, how her family owns and runs the town. That was very off putting. And the food she makes - not very good unless your idea of cooking was heating up frozen meals.

They got plenty of $$$$ now— blah blah blah! They’re far from saints - read that she is nasty to people who work for them- tv doesn’t show that side!!! Phony!!!

Barbi Kayler1 month ago

Yeah, I read that she is a real bitch

• Love 1

This next comment said in response to "ranching is hard work."

Joel Dark1 month ago

Yes, but not for them. Notice how the cameras never show the dozens of illegals that actually do the dirty work for them? There are farmers, and farm OWNERS. Thats what this guy is.

Joel Dark1 month ago

My grandpa was a farmer in central California and died ,on his tractor, from his SECOND heart attack. Aged only 60 yrs. He didn't have anything to show for a lifetime of work because he didn' t own the land. Growing up in the central valley, the richest people for 300 miles were "farmers". If you know anything at all about farming , the land owners call themselves farmers but they do nothing. ALL the work is done by underpaid, mostly illegal, workers.No taxes,subsidies that pay for grain and when a worker gets hurt what happens? They go to the hospital and the rest of us have to pay for it. No ranch in the world thats as big as this families is worked by 2 brothers and 10 year old kids.

Joel Dark2 weeks ago

@Marilyn Glazier So you know them personally? Or are you their lawyer? How do you feel about child labor laws? Because they admit their underage kids work the farm with their dad. And yet another story about them 2 days ago, a ranch hand of theirs had his 4 year old "working the land" with his dad. Now, the kid had brand new clothes and not a speck of dirt on him, or is that just another horsesh!t made up story. It's either a real working farm or it's not. They can't have it both ways and expect people to believe a word they say. Trust me, they have enough money to cover up anything that someone might find on them.

Erica Baker1 month ago

I know exactly where the ranch is. It is west of Pawhuska Oklahoma in central Osage County along US-60. Being as I have lived in the area for many years, I've talked to people that know the Drummond Family. Actually the Drummond's acquired their wealth from the oil and gas business. Their ranch now is over 600,000 acres and is worth an estimated $3.4 to $3.7 billio

How did she snag such a handsome man. I like a lot of her recipes but there’s something about her I don’t particularly like. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yeah I don't feel her either. She seems kinda fake to me

4 months??? Sounds like he didn't have any options so he went with her. My question would be...why u wait 4 months? He was not interested in her.

I think Ree is unthankful, she has appeared many times on QVC many times, and when David says how many cookbooks or whatever she is hawking, she never says “Thank You all the other people selling their products are constantly saying “Thank You” to the people who are buying their products.

This is a reply:

Liz H1 month ago

I feel like that's why her face looks like that. If you're ugly to others, it starts to manifest!

They appear to be making much( money) out of nothing much special

C Santa Cruz, Ca1 month ago

I can't stand to look at her😕 I used to watch her a long time ago and her cheeks every time she would smile her cheeks would puff up looking like the guy from The Wizard of Oz behind the curtain making all the smoke signals and everything she's just irritating

Her face is really chubby and her neck is so boney I know she got work done...it just looks weird like not right....it bugs me is it just me ? Looks weird right

itchydiscoman1 month ago

Shes not pretty

And she never stops smiling, her face has to hurt. That's not even natural.

@Lisa C i don't dislike her, I actually like her show and her personality. I just dont find her pretty. Her daughters aren't pretty either. Her sons are better looking

@Nicky Anspach People are commenting on her looks mainly because she has a husband that's too attractive for her. Had she married someone in her league, people won't care much to talk about her looks. I know it's pathetic but that's the reality of our society.

Ree’s gotten real

Shes not a pretty woman but her husband is fine

Lets not forget her mother's cheated on her husband with a pastor....I feel bad how hard those kids work

Marty McFLY 19852 days ago

Only Ree is stupid enough to expose herself as a TOTAL FAKE during Lockdown Episodes Because Lockdown Ree is about as Far away as you can get to Regular Series Ree quite literary is Two totally Different Women on both series Normal series Ree confident the Perfect 1950's Housewife he kids are kids of Perfection the kids every parent wished their had and all Towns People everybody sucks upto Ree on Episodes She cooks every thing she cooks to Perfection Then Covid 19 happened and good old Ree thought she could do the entire production herself but Ree forgot if you pretend to be something your not when you go it alone you always have to keep the act up you Can't be your actual self and still think absolutely nobody would notice theres 2 totally different Rees here so which one is the Fake and which one is the real Ree  Unfortunately we found out the Fake Ree is the regular TV series of Pioneer Woman and the actual Genuine Ree is the Lockdown episodes Ree a Ree a Billion miles different to the Ree we've been sold for last 10 years Lockdown Series Ree is Clumsy and Burns everything she cooks, Her kids are Total Arseholes Throwing a Ball over Ree's head while shes cooking and you say to yourself KEEP YOUR PERFECT KIDS REE BECAUSE THEY ABSOLUTE ARSEHOLES IN REAL LIFE  Two totally different Ree's question is which one is the FAKE and which one is the GENUINE Ree

Marine Mom1 month ago (edited)

Here's the thing. I know so many women who are fantastic cooks. Better than her. Her recipes aren't anything special. I'm sure she's a nice person, and hopefully everything she portrays. But she's been very lucky to have written that blog that made her famous. Don't get me wrong, she's obviously a good cook. It's made her millions. Good for her. Truly. But she's not Ina Gardner. And I'd put my granny's biscuits up against hers any day of the week. And since she's in the public eye, it'd be nice to know how much of that stimulus money they took, as I heard they did, and if they share all their blessings with the less fortunate. Seems like logical questions to ask. You want to be famous? Then expect the hard questions.

My opinion: I don't think her kids are assholes. I do wonder if they took stimulus money, and how much?