Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

There are many cooking sites with the bacon wrapped corn on the cob. Apparently many people like it. I am going to try it today. I am going to try peanut butter on corn on the  cob  that I read on her facebook page just as an experiment. Ree made a comment that peanut butter on corn sounded really good! I thought Ree made up the recipie but no. Ree probably just copies I don't think she has ever created a real, original recipie. She has no creativity, but she has drive and ambition. Will report back about the testing.

• Love 3

I tried the recipies. Peanut butter on corn on the cob is nothing special. I tried a little bacon grease on the corn, it was not that great, butter is better. Same with bacon wrapped corn. On her facebook page Ree said all of these sounded yummy. Since I had a bunch of corn (now in season where I am) I put mayonaise, parmesan cheese and spices on one, delicious. In the past, I have made Mexican corn on the cob with the cojita cheese. very good. My favorite is still with butter and salt. No more silly science experiments for me.

• Love 2

We just made popcorn in the leftover bacon grease. It does not give extra taste, just extra grease. And calories. I think this is an old fashioned type of thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

1 hr  · 

My website team pulled these together. Fun Fact: They were all taken with my iPhone 

The above from her facebook page. At least she admits she has a website "team."  For many years she let her fans assume she did it herself. Now maybe she will admit to having a full time housekeeper, a cleaning crew, a gardener, an assistant, full time teachers for the "homeschooled" children,  a business manager, an accountant, and who knows how many more. Welcome to her frontier!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HyeChaps said:

Didn't she do a show about decorating an office space for her "team"?

I believe that was for the Merc employees, not for her website and all the others.

• Love 1

Wow, check this out. The supreme court just ruled that a big swath of eastern Oklahoma is now reservation land. It looks like Osage county was mostly spared (I am not sure) but does the ranch extend into the new indian country? I will try to download maps. How will this affect the Drummonds? I think a lot of their land might have been stolen from/ or gotten by cheating the indians, not sure.

https://www.kgou.org/post/tribal-jurisdiction-supreme-court-docket-again-mcgirt-v-oklahoma

https://www.kgou.org/post/tribal-jurisdiction-supreme-court-docket-again-mcgirt-v-oklahoma

Will they have to pay some type of tax or rent to the indians? 

• Love 2

Boy, one of those poke cakes she made this morning has enough calories to feed an army. And she says that she puts sour cream in Ladd's food even though he does not like it (or believes he doesn't) and she does not tell him (she deceives him). She says "he doesn't know" well, Ree, he knows now!!  Those outside camera shots have to be made with a drone. I wonder why Mauricio is still at the ranch, doesn't he have a real job? 

• Love 1
On 7/11/2020 at 10:29 AM, Dineen said:

Boy, one of those poke cakes she made this morning has enough calories to feed an army. And she says that she puts sour cream in Ladd's food even though he does not like it (or believes he doesn't) and she does not tell him (she deceives him). She says "he doesn't know" well, Ree, he knows now!!  Those outside camera shots have to be made with a drone. I wonder why Mauricio is still at the ranch, doesn't he have a real job? 

I watch somewhat regularly, but I’m not a fanatic. Who is Mauricio?  I’ve seen him on a few shows (I usually catch the show halfway through the episode on Saturdays). Is he a friend of the family or is he a boyfriend of one of the girls?

• Love 1

Ok. This is going to be unpopular. One of her daughters who was filming the new show I saw this weekend looked pregnant (Paige?) . Either that or she is copying her Mother’s fashion sense and it does her no favors. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ok. This is going to be unpopular. One of her daughters who was filming the new show I saw this weekend looked pregnant (Paige?) 

I thought the same thing... her stomach sure looks bulgy, but I figured it was just the angle or a very loose shirt.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Dineen said:

I doubt she is. Ree would never allow it-bad for the wholesome image. Probably the shirt. 

Some things Ree has no control over...I think it would be the bees knees if she was pg would serve her "wholesome image" right to be just like any one of us "peons".

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Ree has no control over.

So true, Mrs. Gramto6! It would be funny to see her squirm while explaining that. I don't think Paigey even has a boyfriend.

• Love 2

Here is a video of Paige put up 17 hours ago on her facebook page. She does not look pregnant. Her shirt looks put up over the jeans. Do they read this blog? And did they film that just to prove she is not pregnant? This short clip is apparently another stupid snake gag. Ree pretends to scream and be afraid of a plastic snake that in reality would never be in a refrigerator. How convenient that Paige is filmed with her normal looking body. Maybe I am reading too much into it?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dineen said:

Here is a video of Paige put up 17 hours ago on her facebook page. She does not look pregnant. Her shirt looks put up over the jeans. Do they read this blog? And did they film that just to prove she is not pregnant? This short clip is apparently another stupid snake gag. Ree pretends to scream and be afraid of a plastic snake that in reality would never be in a refrigerator. How convenient that Paige is filmed with her normal looking body. Maybe I am reading too much into it?

Image damage control. Even if it’s just for us. (Surely no one else has voiced what I thought...or have they?) 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Dineen said:

a reddit feed.

People also don't realize that her dad was an orthopedic surgeon, and she grew up on a golf course. She's always lived an upper middle/upper class lifestyle.

• Love 3

more butt pictures

46m  · 

Todd would like to remind everyone that it’s extremely important to wear underwear when you work cattle.

What kind of black underware is that? It looks too long. Also, she posted on her FB page about wrapping corn on the cob with bacon. I tried that a few weeks ago, it did not add flavor, just grease! Not worth the effort. 

In the new show Paige does not look pregnant, so it was the shirt. She also can't be because, sorry to get personal, she is flat chested. But she, and Alex, are slim and willowy. Unlike Ree, who appears to be putting on weight again.

2 hours ago, Dineen said:

Unlike Ree, who appears to be putting on weight again.

The only thing we have in common. Must confess, I enjoyed her very early blogging days, which were a pret-ty long time ago. While she cultivated a homey, every woman image (which initially turned me off anyway;-) it was obvious that wasn't the whole story (when she started telling ranch stories!).

Today's Mood: Show has been a hate watch from the jump. TMI on every level. And her recipes are no longer of any particular interest. Except the shortcut chicken parm and I chalk that up 100% to quarantine fever (figuratively).

• Love 3
On 7/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, Dineen said:

more butt pictures

46m  · 

Todd would like to remind everyone that it’s extremely important to wear underwear when you work cattle.

What kind of black underware is that? It looks too long. Also, she posted on her FB page about wrapping corn on the cob with bacon. I tried that a few weeks ago, it did not add flavor, just grease! Not worth the effort. 

Boxers?  

(edited)

Had some extra free time, searched the web, found this interesting comment:

Quote Campbell

Pioneer Woman

Submitted by Trish on August 22, 2016 - 1:43pm

She is a fake in a fake American society. She makes other women feel inadequate and she is just gross to watch. She probably doesn't do all she says she does. I find it nauseating how she portrays herself..not to mention, she is so homely she's hard to watch..which I don't, my mother does so when I'm around, I'm forced. I can't tell you how mad I get at her B.S. come on, we all know it's all about the money...plus, be honest, her recipes aren't even her own..they have been around for years...she's a professional copy cat who has no talent as far as cooking..she just sprinkled store bought taco seasoning on potatoes and put them in the oven..seriously...

did not mean to copy so much, sorry. What I meant to copy was the comment by "Lola Montez."

I am continually amazed how many are snookered by her massive PR machine. The DRUMMOND family is the richest in Oklahoma and own most of the state -- millions of acres. She did not "run into Marlboro Man"at a bar -- she had to know who he was, his family are like the Kennedy's of Massachusetts. Super famous billionaires! she was the daughter of a doctor and set her cap for the richest guy in town. Their house is a mansion (notice she never really shows it) and the "kitchen" they film in is a STUDIO she built just for that purpose -- more luxurious that most people's actual house! And all that was BEFORE she signed lucrative marketing deals with Walmart and other places (*stuff she does not design herself anyways). There are lots of scandals in the past, including illegitimate kids her husband had with other women. Everything about this lady is fake, fake, fake. She is not a PIONEER WOMAN anymore than I am an astronaut or a ballerina! Oh and she had professionals design & produce her website from Day One, including the photography. There is not one genuine thing there.

Reply to Lola Montez

Edited by Dineen
accidentally copied too much
  • Love 2

Most interesting! And her products may contain lead, making them very unsafe. 

The Pioneer Woman Deletes Low-Rated Reviews

Submitted by Cora Summerfield on February 11, 2019 - 5:38pm

Not only am I concerned about the lead in her dishes because they're made in China, but they're very poorly made with a lot of defects ... however, I've noticed that almost all the 1-star reviews disappear from the internet after a day or two. Obviously The Pioneer Woman has hired one of those companies that cleans up a business's image online by literally wiping clean all really negative reviews.

Reply to Cora Summerfield

• Love 1

Most of Ree's ideas seem dumb to me, but her latest one takes the cake, IMHO:  the idea that all of America would love seeing homemade shows run by her offspring.  After finding the first one too painful to endure, now I view only repeats and only ones with recipes that interested me the first time.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Lura said:

Most of Ree's ideas seem dumb to me, but her latest one takes the cake, IMHO:  the idea that all of America would love seeing homemade shows run by her offspring.  

And it doesn't help that her spawn act like they've been sold into slavery and couldn't be less interested in this mess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Another blah show. I looked at her facebook page, she is hawking her 10 piece bakeware set on sale at Walmart $20 off. Was $50.99 now $32.26. They must not be selling, or else it would not be on sale. At least I think so, are there any retail managers out there who understand how and why things go on sale?

this is not a snark, but Ree has Siri. I would never have Siri, it can be hacked, bad news!

14h · 

My boys are heading out to a friend’s house and I was admonishing them not to argue. As they were walking out the door, I said “Blessed are the peacemakers!” Siri replies “The Lakers and the Clippers play Thursday at 8 pm.” Peacemakers, Lakers. Same thing.

Denise P Adams

You have to be careful with Siri/Alexa. They’re listening 

Patricia Martin Hunt

We think our Google Mini is possessed. It blurts out random info unsolicited by us.

Karen Linkh Concoby Mellin

It just proves big brother is listening

The Oprah magazine will stop publishing in December. Oprah was airbrushed on every cover, just like Ree is. Oprah and Ree are both narcissists with big egos who put out boring, typical drivel that is a waste of time.  I wonder how long Ree's magazine will last? Her is a link to the article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8561875/Oprah-closing-print-edition-O-Magazine-20-years-embattled-Hearst-Publications.html#comments

• Love 1

Hot time at the ranch this morning when Ree was making a buttermilk dip and Paige called it ranch. Man, mom clapped back—no, it’s a creamy buttermilk! Cause, buttermilk! And dill, not dill and three other herbs! 

Maybe the people who like her do because, on camera, especially without stylists and support, she’s just so very, very average in the kitchen. Giveaway? The mess o’ veggies she “arranged” on a tacky platter around her dip. I know a six-year-old with a better eye for that.

comments from a you tube video: 

Beverlyann Gilbert2 days ago

Wow. I wonder who they got those 433,00 acres from. The original settlers in this country were nothing more than squatters. There were already people living on the land here. They are called Native Americans generations.

S Alan1 day ago

@Beverlyann Gilbert Her cooking show is crap, it's always a ton of butter and mayo added to everything. It's too bad they can't be forced to give the land back to the Native Americans that Ladd's family stole it from. This phony family is too much. And she needs to stop already with the massive botox especially around her mouth, and those muumuus she wears.... ugh.

@S Alan Truth in every word. Real easy to start a cooking blog and write books when you inherit a ranch worth $20 million . Better watch out though, the comment police will get you for saying that.

Ehh something is off with these two - they always look awkward and uncomfortable when Ladd comes into the scene.

They got plenty of $$$$ now— blah blah blah! They’re far from saints - read that she is nasty to people who work for them- tv doesn’t show that side!!! Phony!!!!

Yeah, I read that she is a real bitch.

Michael Gray4 hours ago

He’s a Brokeback Mountain Boy.

Those two never ever seem really comfortable with one another on camera more like awkward and not at ease. Also he leaves her at their wedding reception to go watch a football game? The game was more important? He's obviously a self centered jerk.

bob miller10 hours ago

i think shes a little rich girl silver spoon fake

Erica Baker9 hours ago

I know exactly where the ranch is. It is west of Pawhuska Oklahoma in central Osage County along US-60. Being as I have lived in the area for many years, I've talked to people that know the Drummond Family. Actually the Drummond's acquired their wealth from the oil and gas business. Their ranch now is over 600,000 acres and is worth an estimated $3.4 to $3.7 billion.

Dee Marie1 day ago

Ree Drummond is nothing more than a manufactured TV "personality". She is no Ina Garten - someone who actually knows how to put together food and flavors. Rather she is in the vein of Guy Fieri and Rachel Ray - people hired to stand in front of a stove and follow someone else's recipes - not so different than us regular folks. She admits she does not do her own food blog - a ghost writer does this. Her "kitchen" where she cooks is an elaborate set, not her ranch. When she first started she was very hyped up by the network and so much of that was not true - her "kitchen" on the ranch, her accidental simple country girl when in fact they are very, VERY wealthy ranchers, how her family owns and runs the town. That was very off putting. And the food she makes - not very good unless your idea of cooking was heating up frozen meals.

Boog12 hours ago

Ree’s gotten really fat

itchydiscoman4 days ago

Shes not pretty

And she never stops smiling, her face has to hurt. That's not even natural.

Elizabeth Schultz1 day ago

I think she loves herself much better than she loves anyone else. I would rather watch paint dry!

CW Santa Cruz, Ca57 minutes ago

I can't stand to look at her😕 I used to watch her a long time ago and her cheeks every time she would smile her cheeks would puff up looking like the guy from The Wizard of Oz behind the curtain making all the smoke signals and everything she's just irritating

Patti Cake4 days ago

Lets not forget her mother's cheated on her husband with a pastor....I feel bad how hard those kids work