Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm sure they just blow it off as "that's the way we ranch folk roll.  You city folk just don't get it."

I think manners apply to both country and city people. 

I rode horses for decades. My boots were off before I entered the house. 

• Love 5

As Ree said just the other day on a Ree-run, she has cow patties all over her front yard, so I doubt she minds them on anyone's boots.  The thought of it turns my stomach.  Reason tells me that some of that stuff gets tracked into the house, and she had four babies crawling around the floors.  I can see why her parents objected to the marriage, especially when her father was a doctor who presumably stressed cleanliness.

• Love 4

I don't live near cows or any other kind of barnyard animal but I always take my shoes off and leave them by the door.  Don't people realize what they are walking through every day?  I have a pair of "house shoes" that are never outside.  And I am not a germ freak, just cognizant of tracking things in that are potentially hazardous and just plain yucky!

Again, I think they just scoff at us for being pansies - they are of pioneer stock and tough as nails.  Oh, wait, Ree is from an upper class suburban family.  Hmmmmm.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

"transition to avoid motion sickness."

15 hours ago, Dineen said:

"Nice rounded squared off edges"!! Says Sandra Lee. May Day Centerpiece Cake.

aunt sandy's dress matches her cake! say what you will about her, she has a great eye for color.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Why would Ree have cattle wandering around her front yard? Don't they keep their cattle in a confined area, even if it's many acres, to keep them from just wandering off? Saying she has cow patties in her yard sounds like BS to me, pun intended.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

One time my husband and I were watching an old episode of Ree where the whole family was on some burn or cleanup, I forget now, in some old train cars and Ree serves up her food to Ladd and he grabs it with his kerosene soaked gloves still on! We about died! Husband actually saw it before I did because I am used to their "country lifestyle". Gross indeed!!!

• Love 2

22 minutes ago

Does her Merc restaurant serve alcohol? I see a champagne bottle and what looks like mixed drinks.

not sure. maybe they rented out a room in a tulsa nightclub. or maybe the country club her parents belong to.

7 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Does her Merc restaurant serve alcohol? I see a champagne bottle and what looks like mixed drinks. 

If it's a private party for the legions of Drummonds and their friends, I don't think serving of alcohol would be an issue?  i.e. not open to the public/no money passing hands.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

wow, i don't think i've ever see a real karen in the wild before. i wonder how long it took her to demand to speak to the manager?

Peaches, what do you mean? Can you please explain to what you are referring to?

Well, looking up what the Merc restaurant is all about (basic description, a slightly upscale diner), led me down a rabbit hole of Yelp reviews. Most people didn't care to wait 1-3 hours to be seated. There were some complaints about service and food - apps coming to the table after the entrée and being cold with the server not offering any resolution, complaints of cold French fries, sauce on chicken parm being bland. I think my favorite was the server spilling tomato soup on a woman's purse, barely apologizing, and bringing back a wet rag and "throwing" it at the woman so she could clean it up herself. Lots of comments that it was nothing special and not worth the drive. However, reviews from devoted Ree fans are glowing.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
31 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

google can i speak to the manager hair.

yes, now I see what it is. The woman dancing with PawPaw has that hair. Ree's BFF Hy has that haircut too. There are even pictures of dogs with that haircut.

image.png.6e834b79ee26a88ea6476e697e4364d8.png

10 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

However, reviews from devoted Ree fans are glowing.

I would bet "the ranch in the middle of nowhere" that some of those are her PR team. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The review on PW’s Wal-Mart crap might seem a little nitpicky to some, but I’m running with the assumption that everything is intended to be used and not just for decoration. All those issues will be exacerbated after a few uses. The saucepan will likely permanently warp and make the unevenness worse. The handle on the stockpot will likely weaken and that poses a danger if it breaks while carrying hot liquid. 

If Ree were capable of shame, she would not want her name tied in with such shoddy crap. And it doesn’t really inspire consumer confidence to buy her sauces and frozen dinners. I fully expect some sort of recall in the future.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

The last episode I watched was about meatless meals, which included a vegetable frittata, pasta with different peppers, mushroom cheesesteak sandwiches (the mushrooms were the meat), and Cajun Grits. 

Ree said they were some of Ladd's favorite dishes, but he was never shown actually eating anything Ree prepared.  Instead, they had inserts of Ladd working the cattle spaced throughout the show.  I just cannot see him digging into any of those meals, or myself for that matter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don't measure anyone's intelligence by the sophistication of  their vocabulary, but Ladd almost changed my mind last week.  When the kids finished a chore, his comment to each of them was "Good job."  That didn't surprise me since that's his usual saying.  We heard nothing more from Ladd until a closing scene at the dinner table when one of the girls complimented Ree on her food by saying, "That was good, Mom," whereupon Ladd followed up with, "Good job, Ree."  In that entire episode, "good job" were apparently the only two words this man could come up with.  I can't help wondering whether that's what he mumbles to Ree after sex.

• LOL 8

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

· 2 hrs ·

Today’s my birthday, so I’m posting a photo of me when I was 13. My favorite movie was Tootsie, my favorite song was Come on Eileen, and I was about a year away from falling deeply in love with Billy Idol.❤️Also, Happy Epiphany!🌟

Edited by Dineen
cut extraneous words
  • Love 1
On 12/31/2019 at 7:40 AM, Mindthinkr said:

It is rude to enter a building and not remove your hat. I didn’t even notice the boots with manure, but that just reeks of his entitlement and his misogyny (thenwoman will clean it up). 

I grew up on a ranch. You scraped off your boots before entering the mud room (back entrance). hung up your coat, removed your boots, put on house shoes, and washed up in the mud room sink before entering the kitchen.

If you entered my mother's kitchen with work boots, your hair better be on fire or it soon would be.

On 1/6/2020 at 9:51 AM, Lura said:

I don't measure anyone's intelligence by the sophistication of  their vocabulary, but Ladd almost changed my mind last week.  When the kids finished a chore, his comment to each of them was "Good job."  That didn't surprise me since that's his usual saying.  We heard nothing more from Ladd until a closing scene at the dinner table when one of the girls complimented Ree on her food by saying, "That was good, Mom," whereupon Ladd followed up with, "Good job, Ree."  In that entire episode, "good job" were apparently the only two words this man could come up with.  I can't help wondering whether that's what he mumbles to Ree after sex.

Readjusts his hat with an all-purpose grunt, kicks off his boots, and rolls over? "Good job, Ree."

<shudder> Stolichnaya to the rescue ... I have to get that distasteful scenario out of my mind.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2020 at 9:59 AM, Dineen said:

· 2 hrs ·

Today’s my birthday, so I’m posting a photo of me when I was 13. My favorite movie was Tootsie, my favorite song was Come on Eileen, and I was about a year away from falling deeply in love with Billy Idol.❤️Also, Happy Epiphany!🌟

happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great day and no victuals prepared by ree. 🌹

• Love 3

A couple of folks seem to be missing from the ranch lately, and I wonder why.  What has become of Dr. Smith and his wife Patsy?  I hope he isn't ill.  After the nightmare that Ree's mother put him through, he deserves some happiness IMHO.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Lura said:

A couple of folks seem to be missing from the ranch lately, and I wonder why.  What has become of Dr. Smith and his wife Patsy?  I hope he isn't ill.  After the nightmare that Ree's mother put him through, he deserves some happiness IMHO.

I smell tea brewing. Spill it!

• LOL 1
On 1/2/2020 at 6:56 PM, Automne said:

The review on PW’s Wal-Mart crap might seem a little nitpicky to some, but I’m running with the assumption that everything is intended to be used and not just for decoration. All those issues will be exacerbated after a few uses. The saucepan will likely permanently warp and make the unevenness worse. The handle on the stockpot will likely weaken and that poses a danger if it breaks while carrying hot liquid. 

If Ree were capable of shame, she would not want her name tied in with such shoddy crap. And it doesn’t really inspire consumer confidence to buy her sauces and frozen dinners. I fully expect some sort of recall in the future.

I don't think it is nitpicky at all.  He did not buy it from the irregular bin.  He bought a product with good money that should not have issues at all.  Her stuff is crap from what I can tell.  You never hear this about Le Crueset, Tefal, All Clad, or any others.  I also would never give a dime to the Drummonds.  I will snark on her recipes and hate watch though :). 

And not only does her face look lumpy, it looks like Pillsbury dough.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 1/5/2020 at 8:37 AM, patty1h said:

The last episode I watched was about meatless meals, which included a vegetable frittata, pasta with different peppers, mushroom cheesesteak sandwiches (the mushrooms were the meat), and Cajun Grits. 

Ree said they were some of Ladd's favorite dishes, but he was never shown actually eating anything Ree prepared.  Instead, they had inserts of Ladd working the cattle spaced throughout the show.  I just cannot see him digging into any of those meals, or myself for that matter.

I told my husband that Ladd would never eat that stuff and the evidence was no shot of him tasting it.  Frankly I like the idea of using mushrooms for the meat of a cheesesteak sammie (I use shrooms a lot as a meat sub).  There was nothing groundbreaking about a veggie frittata but I would eat one.  Maybe not hers.  Not interested in Cajun grits.  Don't like grits.

• Love 1

7 hrs ·

This was my (sorta) new do on day one (Wednesday.) I haven’t been able to replicate it since (I can’t get it to look piecy like this and also I keep wanting to curl it because I have issues). So I’m thinking I’ll just record my voice giving recipe instructions, dub them over this video (I’ll have to loop it a few times but I think that’s okay?), and use it for all future episodes of my Food Network show so I don’t have to figure out how to do hair differently at my advanced age. (Don’t worry, I’ll change up the recipes on each episode to keep things fresh!) I also need to superimpose some flowers on the black shirt and add some cows in there somewhere. Preferably outside. And Ladd should probably float across the screen from time to time. Anyway, good talk, Russ!

My note: She looks like she has had a dye job. The hair is too orange. Also, maybe it is me, but her post does not make sense. Maybe she has early Alzheimers or mad cow disease. And who is Russ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Her hair has now officially ventured into "Carrot Top" territory. Also, her makeup is absolutely the WORST. Totally wrong colors and would somebody please introduce this woman to some products called bronzer and blusher!

My first guess is that "Russ" is her hair stylist.

• Love 6

Her hair is the same color as Marcia Cross who was on Desperate Housewives. It looks artificial. I wonder what she’s trying to hide. Grey or a mousy brown color. 

I saw this weeks new episode. Chuck’s favorite dinner (delivered). This is the second or third version of what he likes is. I remember it once being a filet, and today it was cheesy enchiladas. He also loves Eggs Benedict (remembered from another Chuck themed episode). Step up your game Ree. I’ve see enough of your care packages sent to the girls, Chuck’s favorites and cholesterol laden dinners. Try something Oklahoma is famous for like a Fried Onion Burger or a Theta Burger. 

She also needs to up her wardrobe game or at least break out of the black shirts with flowers for a change. She’s stuck in a rut. I also agree with @Dineen that it was a whacky way of saying stuff. 

• Love 4

saw this on her facebook page ( about her comment "good talk Russ")

It's from the movie, National Lampoon's Vacation. Chevy Chase would say this to his movie son, Anthony Michael Hall (Rusty), after one of their 'man to man' talks.

• Love 2
On 12/31/2019 at 7:40 AM, Mindthinkr said:

It is rude to enter a building and not remove your hat. I didn’t even notice the boots with manure, but that just reeks of his entitlement and his misogyny (thenwoman will clean it up). He never overly bothered me before (I just thought he was curt), but now I’m having a stronger dislike. Isn’t some young girl going to be very impressed when she goes on a date or prom with one of their sons and he don’t have to good manners to take off his hat. We only see the ranch house where they film. I wonder what their real home looks like. 

I have to admit to wearing my shoes with manure in the house from time to time.  I'm not talking my "I waded in manure mud halfway across the pasture" shoes, but my "I cleaned stalls and put horses in turnout" manure.  It just happens when you've got large animals.  It's not something that many people would understand. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SuzySmith said:

I have to admit to wearing my shoes with manure in the house from time to time.  I'm not talking my "I waded in manure mud halfway across the pasture" shoes, but my "I cleaned stalls and put horses in turnout" manure.  It just happens when you've got large animals.  It's not something that many people would understand. 

Yep. When I was a vet tech I probably ate lunch with hands that didn't have, shall we say, pristine fingernails. Shit (and blood and other substances) happens.

• Love 3

I know all of you are dying to wine this awesome, incredible prize. Yes, if you're the lucky one, your kitchen can be filled with $10,000 worth of Pioneer Woman crap. I selflessly chose not to enter to give the rest of you better odds of claiming this amazing prize.

https://subscribe.hearstmags.com/subscribe/pioneerwomanmag/256296?GID=F725D8CEE0AB6A2BB7607C2B136932F2&source=_CD_84803&segment_name=F725D8CEE0AB6A2BB7607C2B136932F2

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Is that recently put in her magazine? It says it is a fall contest. (??) Oprah does this kind of thing too., with her 12 days of Christmas favorite thing stuff. When you enter, you have to opt out. I wonder if it is standard "hearst magazine" protocol, or are subscription sales down? Advertising rates are determined by how many subscribers there are. So the "contest" may go on for another 9 months(?) Also, I noticed the cost of each magazine is $4.99 or something. Too much. My library carries this rag. More tax dollars wasted. My library also subscribes to the "O" magazine.  Both those ladies have themselves on the cover each month. Makes me wonder. I don't know anyone who gets either magazine. I know A LOT of people who dislike Oprah. She shills for the weight watchers company she bought, yet is still kind of fat. Being overweight alone is not something to be ashamed of, or disliked for, but really.I also read that she is the one who advised Harry and Meghan to run away, though she denies it. Watch her get an exclusive interview.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:05 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Her hair is the same color as Marcia Cross who was on Desperate Housewives. It looks artificial. I wonder what she’s trying to hide. Grey or a mousy brown color. 

I saw this weeks new episode. Chuck’s favorite dinner (delivered). This is the second or third version of what he likes is. I remember it once being a filet, and today it was cheesy enchiladas. He also loves Eggs Benedict (remembered from another Chuck themed episode). Step up your game Ree. I’ve see enough of your care packages sent to the girls, Chuck’s favorites and cholesterol laden dinners. Try something Oklahoma is famous for like a Fried Onion Burger or a Theta Burger. 

She also needs to up her wardrobe game or at least break out of the black shirts with flowers for a change. She’s stuck in a rut. I also agree with @Dineen that it was a whacky way of saying stuff. 

I watched this one.  I love enchilada's but keep that processed cheese FAR away!  It was so wrong.  Processed cheese has no place in actual Mexican food.  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I watched this one.  I love enchilada's but keep that processed cheese FAR away!  It was so wrong.  Processed cheese has no place in actual Mexican food.  

I agree, but... there's something about a classic Tex-Mex style cheese enchilada which must (MUST) be made with longhorn cheddar and american cheese (equal parts) and chili gravy, there's nothing like it and it has a special place in my soul. Sure they're not "real" enchiladas. But they're so so so good. I didn't watch the episode so I have no clue what she used though. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Lisin said:

I agree, but... there's something about a classic Tex-Mex style cheese enchilada which must (MUST) be made with longhorn cheddar and american cheese (equal parts) and chili gravy, there's nothing like it and it has a special place in my soul. Sure they're not "real" enchiladas. But they're so so so good. I didn't watch the episode so I have no clue what she used though. 

That is exactly what she did!  I haven't seen these out in CA so maybe a regional thing.  There is a Banquet frozen cheese enchilada dinner that sounds just like this.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

That is exactly what she did!  I haven't seen these out in CA so maybe a regional thing.  There is a Banquet frozen cheese enchilada dinner that sounds just like this.  

Oh, yeah then what she did is exactly how they should be made. There's a very specific style of sauce and cheese combo that is quintessentially Tex-Mex and it's fairly significant to the region. I know it sounds "cheap" or "trashy" to use processed food, but unless she's claiming it to be an authentic mexican recipe, which I assume she isn't, then I have to support her cheese choice. HOWEVER, if she used canned sauce she's OUT OF CONTROL lol. 

• LOL 4
1 minute ago, Lisin said:

Oh, yeah then what she did is exactly how they should be made. There's a very specific style of sauce and cheese combo that is quintessentially Tex-Mex and it's fairly significant to the region. I know it sounds "cheap" or "trashy" to use processed food, but unless she's claiming it to be an authentic mexican recipe, which I assume she isn't, then I have to support her cheese choice. HOWEVER, if she used canned sauce she's OUT OF CONTROL lol. 

Learn something new!  I don't think it is cheap or trashy, it just didn't seem right to me but then again, didn't know about it being a regional thing.  I just thought it was a Ree-ism.  Frankly I am surprised she left off gummy worms and sprinkles!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

12 mins ·

Congrats to my firstborn son and the whole @usa_football U18 team! What a week! What a game. And s/o to my spouse, who drove us home through the night so I could sleep. I have a wicked seatbelt impression on my cheek and I’m about to start filming my show on the ranch this morning! 😂 I’d ask you what my name is, but I’m sure it’ll come to me sometime today. Proud of ya, Bryce! 

He is playing on an international team? There is a photo of him on her facebook page that was too large to download. 

9 hours ago, Dineen said:

12 mins ·

Congrats to my firstborn son and the whole @usa_football U18 team! What a week! What a game. And s/o to my spouse, who drove us home through the night so I could sleep. I have a wicked seatbelt impression on my cheek and I’m about to start filming my show on the ranch this morning! 😂 I’d ask you what my name is, but I’m sure it’ll come to me sometime today. Proud of ya, Bryce! 

He is playing on an international team? There is a photo of him on her facebook page that was too large to download. 

It's a program for elite athletes who want to advance their skills while getting exposure to college and pro scouts.  They have their best on a team that plays against teams made up from other countries.