Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Well, you can watch Molly Yeh's show that aired today in which she made something I think she called a "taco hot dish"? She did saute a couple of fresh vegetables, then added a packet of taco seasoning, ground beef, a can of beans, frozen corn, and a jar of salsa. Then she topped it with a bag of Fritos.

All that was lacking were a cocktail and a tablescape.

I liked the premise of Molly's show Jewish/Chinese fusion, but sadly they are trying to make her into Pioneer Woman V.2.0. So sad.

• Love 3

So far today she hasn't said "Happy Memorial Day!"  Like when she said "Happy Good Friday!" Maybe she is learning. 

About the chicken nuggets they would be like veal parmasen. They are probably tasty, but not elegant.

On 5/24/2020 at 10:59 PM, Gramto6 said:

I liked the premise of Molly's show Jewish/Chinese fusion, but sadly they are trying to make her into Pioneer Woman V.2.0. So sad.

I love Molly's show but i didn't like her Chicago Hot dog Meat loaf recipe 🤢

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

1 hr · 

I try whipped/Dalgona coffee for the first time on my show this Saturday, and Paige is along for the ride! Let’s just say I’m a believer. WOW. Also, please note the scrunchie on Paige’s wrist. Some things never go out of style. Of course, it would be better if it were neon pink, but Gen Z can’t help that it isn’t 1987. Did that make sense? I didn’t think so! (Oh, my show’s on at 10 am Saturday. Bye.)

Dalgona coffee is whipped coffee. Here is a recipie. It is high calorie, as per her usual......

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a32072159/dalgona-coffee-recipe/

Ree gets political:

4 hrs · 

Over the past few days, I’ve seen these illustrations by

Oh Happy Dani

. I’ve learned so much from Dani’s art in such a short time, and have set out to read, follow, watch, and listen to voices that shake my tree and teach me how to identify racism in all its disguises. Understanding the deep pain of racial injustice is so important—it really does start in the heart and in the home. My love goes out to all who are hurting now, especially the family of George Floyd. I can’t begin to imagine their grief.

image.thumb.png.b565974a1dadba7856c936385646286f.png

I was only able to copy part of the picture.  You are only allowed so much then it cuts you off.

This was from her facebook page. I am surprised she put that up.  

Looks like ol' Ree is up to it again. When she first put up the above post, 2 people wrote that "I don't believe you put this up yourself" and someone else put up that post etc. I just looked on her fb page, those comments are gone! I can't find them. She is still a 'scrubbin!! And not the old cabin floor.  It just makes her look bad.  At least to the 2 commenters, who now may wake up as to what she is.  No freedom of speech there. I agree with the sentiments of the post-making the world a nicer place etc. Ree is a bullshit artist.

• Love 2

Gosh, Ree's daughter, I think Alex, is so tall. She must be 6 feet or more. Ree I believe is 5'9, Alex towers over her. She will make fried ice cream next. I have never had that, although I have seen it sold at state fairs.

Ree is so much different on these "quarantine" shows than the regular shows, where there is that professional crew from London. She makes mistakes, is much less organized, laughs, does not give the fake smiles.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Dineen said:

Ree is so much different on these "quarantine" shows than the regular shows, where there is that professional crew from London. She makes mistakes, is much less organized, laughs, does not give the fake smiles.

She really is totally different.  Still has no business selling her cooking but she is less difficult to watch.  But the fake filming stuff is kind of weird. Supposedly the kids are filming her but "Paigey" is waving the camera all over the place and the result is a totally steady picture. I call BS on that.

And thanks for the whole fake "fried ice cream" bit, Ree.  Ice cream with cornflakes on top is NOT fried ice cream.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And thanks for the whole fake "fried ice cream" bit, Ree.  Ice cream with cornflakes on top is NOT fried ice cream.

Yes, true. Has anyone ever had fried ice cream? It sounds like a very greasy, hard on your stomach kind of thing.  Does it at least taste good? And the way she made it is pointless-ice cream with corn flakes over it-pointless. The cornflakes probably do not  "add to" the dish, does not improve the taste. You might as well just put standard topping over it. I hate greasy state fair food. I once ate half of an elephant ear, then got on a ferris wheel. I was so nauseous I felt like I was going to vomit and was terrified I would vomit on the ride, and vomit on the people below me. Talk about a terrible experience. I did not vomit, but have never eaten any elephant ear again!

Just now, Dineen said:

Has anyone ever had fried ice cream?

I have and it's wonderful when prepared well.  It's essentially a very thin coating that is dipped in oil for literally seconds - just enough to crisp and brown the coating but not melt the ice cream. It's not greasy at all.  I had it at a Mexican restaurant years ago and it was yummy.

There is a no fry method which is kind of like what Ree did but you actually roll the whole scoop so it's covered.  Usually they are served with some sort of sauce or topping.

• Useful 2

I thought fried ice cream was pretty much a stable dessert at Mexican restaurants. I've seen it on the menu of most "Mexican" restaurants that I've been to.

And yes, Pacific Productions is based in the UK, but that doesn't mean they are flying production crews across the pond to produce Ree and Ina's shows. I'm sure in normal times they are using US based production crews.

• Love 1

The show I saw today Ree was not able to find a cattle pen (implied the ranch is so huge she has never been to all of it-or so big you can get lost). Is that her subtle way of bragging?  Rubbing it in the public's faces? Just wondering.

15 hrs  · 

I love Bobby Flay (we go way back! ) but Eddie Jackson is my favorite gentleman on Food Network. We have a blast filming together, whether it’s Christmas Cookie Challenge OR...(wait for it)...Beat Bobby Flay! The episode Eddie and I filmed together (many moons ago, it feels like) airs tonight on Food Network at 10:30pm/9:30c. Tune in to see if Bobby wins! Looking forward to the day when Eddie and I can film and be weird together again.

2 hours ago, Mandolia said:

The more I watch PW, the more apparent it becomes that she doesn't so much create recipes as throw together ingredients.  

Few of which compliment each other.  It's just grab 'n' go with her topped with some sort of ultra spicy sauce.  Ugh.

• Love 4

She has changed her website-totally different look, layout, content. Too much merchandising, selling, products. Also the stupid bullshit story of how they met at the "smokey bar" on her pit stop to Chicago to go to law school. He called her 4 months later, after meeting in the smokey bar.  such bullshit.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, txvoodoo said:

Hi y'all. I haven't been here for a while. My husband died of COVID on April 10.

Hug your family, tell them you love them, and WEAR A MASK, ok? 

(and don't buy PW crap)

My deepest sympathy 💔

• Love 2

@txvoodoo I am so terribly sorry to hear that, you are the first person on any forum I follow to have first hand experience with this nightmare.  I follow every single precaution available and will continue to do so.  If I may ask, where are you from?  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

Hi y'all. I haven't been here for a while. My husband died of COVID on April 10.

(and don't buy PW crap)

Sorry for your loss.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

(and don't buy PW crap)

So sorry for your loss. ((((hugs))))

• Love 2

Saw this short aeticle on radar online.https://radaronline.com/photos/ree-drummond-fight-lad

Ree Drummond's life on The Pioneer Woman is a far cry from her reality, RadarOnline.com can exclusively reveal! The reality star and blogger detailed her road to the ranch in The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels – A Love Story, and revealed that her TV persona is a fraud. Click through these slides to get the latest on her fakery.

Ree's college boyfriend Collin came out as gay after they split, and she broke up with another college boyfriend "J" to be with Ladd.

J didn't want to accept that their relationship was over, and flew to Oklahoma to see her. She dumped him again on a car phone while driving to her then-boyfriend's ranch.

She also dated a man, Mr. B, before tying the knot with Ladd Drummond. Mr. B was 16 years older than her, but wanted to propose and start a life together. She broke up with him after a month because she "was frankly tired of having to buy so much lip balm" to keep up with his steamy make out sessions.

She met Ladd at a bar just years after his brother Todd died in a tragic accident.

Ladd decided to cook dinner for her on one of their first dates, so she ruined her "seven year" vegetarian lifestyle to impress him.

Ree, now 48, and Ladd got into a fight shortly before their wedding when Ladd made her accompany him to a dangerous prairie fire. She yelled at him afterwards, and he ignored her dramatic scene to go to bed. She decided to swallow her pride and call him first, but a "young, breathless, busy" woman answered the phone. "The woman sounded young. Intimate. Lusty," she described. "The woman sounded naked. Naked and tan and extremely petite and busty."

Ree came to the assumption that Ladd had slept with someone else, but he later revealed his cousin Katie was staying with him for the night.

Then, Ladd's aunt Marie died from stage 4 breast cancer shortly after their wedding. Ree had just found out she was pregnant, and accompanied Ladd to her house to say goodbye in her final hours. But instead of saying a farewell, she "locked" herself in the bathroom and cried "hysterically" over her parents' separation and her husband's stress rather than over Marie. Ree did not attend Marie's funeral either.

d-drummond-death-depression-the-pioneer-woman/. She is childish.  I don't care what they say about hormones-women who have crying jags are kooks. And not going to a funeral of a relative is just plain selfish.

A comment from the comment section from the above article:

Ree is a fake. She came from money. Her dad was a surgeon & they lived (overlooking a country club) in Oklahoma. Her staff has always been huge. Housekeepers, cooks, nannies & teachers for the kids. The local community despises her for being so fraudulent. But America sure has lapped up the folksy, down home image she has created. Her marriage is a sham. This should be obvious to anyone remotely observant. Her husband hates her. Ree may have been rich, but the Drummond’s were downright wealthy. Cue the “accidental” pregnancy & shotgun wedding. Stop buying the lie!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

No one mentions that her mom had an affair with the priest in the church she grew up going to in Bartlesville. It is what led to her parents divorce and her now step fathers move to another parish

I can’t stand the way this wench infantilizes her kids. Paigey, Bricey, Toddy. Apart from it being inappropriate for their ages, I hate when people refuse to call their kids what they name them. So embarrassing/irritating!

• Love 2

Just watched the kitchen. Banana bread french toast  with heavy peanut cream looks gross. Like something Ree would make-too heavy, too filling, one piece is a full meal to fill you up for half a day. Does Sunny wear a wig? I think so.  

Ree's show is the same old boring. Her nephew Stewart is there a lot. Whose child is he? I guess her brother Doug's, whom we never, ever see.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Dineen said:

Just watched the kitchen. Banana bread french toast  with heavy peanut cream looks gross. Like something Ree would make-too heavy, too filling, one piece is a full meal to fill you up for half a day. Does Sunny wear a wig? I think so.  

Ree's show is the same old boring. Her nephew Stewart is there a lot. Whose child is he? I guess her brother Doug's, whom we never, ever see.

Yes, she does and from what I have seen she must have a room full of them or own a partnership in a wig company!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yes, she does and from what I have seen she must have a room full of them or own a partnership in a wig company!

I love Sunny and the rest of the kitchen. I don't think there is a script on their show, unlike Ree's. You can tell Ree reads from a script, as does her family etc. Almost like a movie! I love Martha Stewart and Ina, with them you get more highbrow  information and explainations without the usual bafflegab that pervades Ree's show. 

• Love 3

TXVOODOO, I am terribly sorry to learn that you've suffered the tragedy of losing your husband to COVID.  I offer my sympathy to you and your loved ones.  I hope that you have friends and relatives who can help you through your sadness.  I will say a prayer for you.  Please rejoin us when you feel up to it.  You are loved by many of us.

• Love 4

Ree says on her facebook page: Ice cream + candy = TruLuv4Ev

It should be Ice cream + candy = obesity, diabetes, early death. YUM!! Scrumptious!  This was in some article on her ice cream shop she put up.  

17 hrs  · 

Behind-the-scenes filming fun. I have no idea what I’m doing in the third photo, but once you see his forearms in the fourth photo, it won’t even matter. My gosh, honey

more school-girl drooling over an average man.

5 hours ago, Dineen said:

I especially agree with the person who thought she was working at Food Network so much “to fill time”. If being inundated with her shows is any indication I’d say they’re right. I am so sick of seeing what’s on that channel only to be confronted with another rerun. I have had enough of her. Period. 

23 minutes ago, Dineen said:

Maybe I am dense, but how do you eat that? Take the bacon off after grilling?

That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.  Why would you ruin a perfectly good ear of corn that way?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Why would you ruin a perfectly good ear of corn

someone said bacon grease over an ear of corn was tasty. i have never tried that. maybe it is. but i see no point in wrapping bacon over an ear of corn. i think ree is just trying to come up with more material for her website. what is everyone making for the 4th? I am making hot dogs, fried chicken, cole slaw. Can't decide about dessert. All of our 4th fireworks are cancelled. The best part! I wonder if Ree and Ladd are having their usual private fireworks display?