Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

I must say I feel disappointed as well that Valerie Bertinelli's show was not renewed. I like her. After what her creepazoid second husband did she deserves a break. I saw a thing online of Ree complaining that Paige talks to her on speakerphone when others are present. I have a relative who does that and I don't like it one bit! Here is another advertisment masquerading as a daily mail (ahem) journalism piece. Look at the comments.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12228403/Pioneer-Woman-Ree-Drummond-takes-football-player-son-Bryce-shopping-supplies-funny-video.html

• Like 3

I watched some of her FB (apparently live) vid launching her furniture and other whatever stuff.  After all these years, Ree and the rest are still horrendously awkward on camera.  And her wares are still crap. 

• Like 4

Looks like Walter the dog died. She did not say why. Maybe old age? That is a shame, those dogs all look so sweet. Here are two articles I found:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ree-ladd-drummond-still-together-144008565.html

This one is a stupid one giving a "cooking hack" aka how to cut up a pineapple which everyone on the planet knows how to do. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ree-drummond-reveals-easy-cooking-161627384.html

I haven't watched her show in a month, is it any better? Will probably start watching again in the late fall and winter. Real life is better. 

It looks like she has a new crook book coming out in the fall. Probably the same old tired, well worn, well known recipies that we all have in our recipie boxes. I hope this one does not have ridiculous close-up photos of Ladd's derrierre. With stupid juvenile comments such as "swoon" and red hearts drawn in around his butt. That really is disgusting. I can't believe he went along with that, that is so embarrassing. The more they act all lovey-dovey, the more it makes me wonder if they are happy together, or if it is just a marriage of convenience.

• Like 1

She is at it again with the high calorie, high sugar recipies. And the silly tropes about how she likes vegetarian pasta (is there such a thing?) with angel hair pasta blah blah blah and Ladd never used to eat it before he met her. She makes him out to be a backward neanderthal who only gnaws at dinosaur bones and red meat scavenged from a fresh animal kill laying in the prarie. If he is that aweful then why did you marry him? I think we all know why but that is neither here nor there. I never knew there was alcoholic root beer. A hard root beer float with whipped cream, ice cream, liquor, malted milk balls, caramel. So much sugar. And she is encouraging her reeple to indulge in the devil's water, what would her pastor say? And she reminds us that it is only "for adults." Well, duh. But she just said that to cover her ass legally in case someone claims she caused her to give it to a minor, who then drove drunk etc. And the official Oklahoma state meal sounds horrible. Pork, chicken fried steak, grits, pecan pie. All carbs and calories. Are people in Oklahoma overwight? I hope not. She has not improved since she began.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1

More buy buy buy sell sell sell spend money on my new "home fragrance collection."  Spicy cowgirl coffee wafting through the air? yuk. I bet the melts themselves are very small, so it is no bargain. Or maybe just do what I do and open the window to get rid of stale air. That costs nothing, and you don't have more PW junk cluttering up your house. I don't use the silly fragrance stuff, of any brand, and I don't know anyone else who does. Just another money maker for our favorite little humble ranch wife who just wants to make life better for her followers. With the economy going south, I really wonder how much her stuff sells. The clothes you can only get by ordering online, so I wonder if they are made to order. Walmart sending an email to the factory in China every day as to how many shirts to make, in whatever size, after it was ordered online and paid for by a credit card. Sold online because clothes are seasonal, and if not sold by a certain date, will have to be put on the sale rack at a reduced price to make way for clothes appropriate for warmer or cooler weather. That way she sells the clothes never at a discount. The "sheknows.com" site is a disgrace to the female gender. Just more commercialized advertisments masquerading as "journalism." They have this disclaimer above the advertisment, I meant article.

If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, SheKnows may receive an affiliate commission.

And here is a link to this fawning cerebral masterpiece:

https://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/2821617/the-pioneer-woman-home-fragrances/

Alex seems to be pushing a lot of products she likes. With links to the seller. There is always a disclaimer that the website (Ree) gets a commission if you buy something after using their link. Now Alex is pushing the "shacket" which is a shirt/jacket hybrid. Never heard of this before. Alex does wear nice clothes. Sorry for the ranting and raving, but the phoniness and blatant merchandising kind of bugs me.

• Love 2

Wow, I had never heard of "charcuterie" before. Alex made some for a friend's baby shower. 

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ree-drummond-life/a44868962/alex-drummond-charcuterie-cups/

Alex is wearing a cute gingham dress NOT from Ree's "collection." It is from "St Bernard" and is more expensive than what Ree offers at Wally world, for the unwashed masses. I noticed that they link to the site where you can buy it. I also noticed in the pictures of Alex both on her instagram, and on the PW site, she is never wearing Ree's clothes that are sold at walmart, but much nicer, more fashionable, and more expensive clothes.

https://www.saintbernard.com/products/english-factory-womens-gingham-puff-sleeve-mini-dress?avad=55097_e32bfc39d&utm_source=avantlink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=40661

• Useful 1

28 minutes ago

I was at Wallie World today and the shelves were LOADED with half price PW crap.  Apparently they can't give that stuff away

Was it the cookware? Sewing stuff? All of it? I know she has everything under the sun. Do you think the half off prices are due to a bad economy, or just her stuff being crap? I occasionally look on her facebook, I see reeple leaving comments about their recent trip to the merc, buying her stuff etc. There is also a new variant virus now, if there is another lockdown, will the reeple go to Pawhuska? Will the merc be open? Will walmart agree to keep selling her stuff? I haven't been to walmart in a while, it is an unamerican company. Maybe her time in the sun is up, the only bad thing about that is the town of pawhuska will fade back into obscurity, taking local jobs with it.

• Like 1

Osage movie coming out. I have noticed that there are very few comments in her website. Her new collection of pots and pans coming out. They are made of cheap aluminum. Some reeple on facebook said they bought previous collection, and the paint washed off and they fell apart. One woman said the last stuff she bought did this but she is going to buy more. (???!!!). A glutton for punishment? A  masochist? Alex continous to push products for commission. I can't help but wonder id the Drummonds were involved in screwing over the Osage indians.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12459227/Killers-Flower-Moon-posters-Leonardo-DiCaprio-stars-upcoming-Western-film.html

• Like 1

My daughter liked her flowery patterns and bought a few of her dinnerware/pans. She was so disappointed that they almost immediately chipped or looked rough. I’m leery of eating anything made in her household goods. They are all about the money and I don’t want to support them financially so I’ll never buy anything from their line. 

• Like 1

Here is an article on the Drummonds and the Osage, and how they were treated. Maybe Ree can make it up to them by sending them some size xxxxxxxxxL flowy tops, a Charlie cookie jar, a cookbook, and her autographed photo.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/local/2023/09/18/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-family-oklahoma-tied-to-osage-reign-of-terror-killers-of-the-flower-moon/70866959007/

Here Ree points out that her son Bryce looks a great deal like Woody Harrleson. Maybe ole Ree had a fling with the pot head smoker? 

https://people.com/ree-drummond-points-out-son-bryce-looks-like-woody-harrelson-7971238

• LOL 2

I was in Walmart today. A bunch of her dinner plates and bowls were on the clearance rack. Bowls were $6.48, now $4.00. Plates the same. A few other kitchen items on sale for 30% -40%. She previewed her new crookbook on her website. Same old same old. Nothing you won't find in woman's day or family circle. One recipie was a scoop of ice cream in a waffle bowl, with chocolate sauce and multi-colored sprinkles. How new, innovative, and unique!  People have been making this without a "recipie" for decades, and she puts it in a book as if she thought it up. It is ridiculous.  Everything she puts out is rehashed and stolen from elsewhere. I could do better, but to get a book deal I would have to be famous. Here is a puff piece about her hair color. Interesting comments.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ree-drummond-shows-off-hair-183110483.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAZWt0AvHaZ0gRvGe-vjur5Ev6TfhOe3_2AnfIlOX89qKtV4gzd_hZSuoUf0B7tgjW4fBso6dgYHdyveEamNwx61fqqvWQd5vJJPaguMXTgr51CNiQQhaSHFr8eP-W-5yAXPYRczAqi25PM09l3DG9upFfuKkReOwVNwUdG9vRj_

• Useful 1

Ree was on QVC's In the Kitchen with David today presenting her new cookbook. They were offering it for $20. Amazon has it for $20.53 with free shipping for Prime members. I didn't pay attention to see if QVC was offering free shipping. When they were selling Ina's latest book, they weren't offering free shipping which made it more expensive than Amazon.

I don't watch shopping channels, but when I saw Ree was going to be on, I had to peek. David said how beautiful Ree's hair was. Get that man some glasses!

• LOL 3
On 10/1/2023 at 3:18 PM, chessiegal said:

Ree was on QVC's In the Kitchen with David today presenting her new cookbook

I wonder if the Drummonds will go see the movie "killers of the flower moon" that comes out at the end of this month? I have heard their ancestors were a part of it. It would be a hoot to see them in a movie theater, eating popcorn, watching it.

• Like 1

More articles on "Killers of the flower moon." The first has a lot of comments after the article:

https://slate.com/comments/culture/2023/10/killers-of-the-flower-moon-movie-pioneer-woman-ree-drummond.html

This next one is wishy-washy:

https://www.distractify.com/p/ree-drummond-killers-of-the-flower-moon-connection

Here is a puff piece written by her PR team. She wishes Jamar a happy 21st birthday. I am still waiting for her to come out with a men's and boy's clothing line. Then she can have Jamar and the other males in the family model the cheap, Chinese made walmart atrocities.  She can design jeans to show off their derrierres that she swoons over. I doubt even she would plaster men's clothes with tacky flowers and butterflies, at least I don't think so. I wonder if she will be doing the Christmas cookie challenge this year? Or any other special? 

https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/504213/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-pays-heartfelt-tribute-for-very-special-celebration/

• Useful 1

The episode today was "Over the Top" and was just full of too much food, particularly the two sandwiches she made that were made with more stuff than one person should even want to eat.  It was just excess for the sake of it.   

The first sandwich was a tower of 2 thick burgers layered with mac & cheese, sliced tomatoes, fried onion rings, spinach leaves, fry sauce, American cheese slices, bacon, pickles... OMG, it was about 12 inches tall and maybe a wrestler or a hungry dog could manage that whole thing in one sitting.  It was held together with a skewer and was a sloppy mess on a plate because the mac & cheese made it so unstable.

The second sandwich was an OTT take on a PB&J.  She laid out two slices of sourdough bread, then lay on the peanut butter and apricot jelly, next was shredded Manchego cheese, grilled onions, Provolone and Swiss cheese slices, then bacon.  Last thing was mayo on the outside of the bread layers and the whole atrocity is grilled.  Sure, there are people who would drool at the thought of this sandwich, but I ain't one.  I saw something that would give me acid reflux for days, plus i think the combo of flavors would be a bit overwhelming and, frankly, gross.

Her goddamn flowy sleeves brushed over the peanut butter at least once.  Also, she had at least one of her daughters  and the SIL on hand to cheer her on.   Gag.

Edited by patty1h
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1

I haven't watched her show for several years now. Nothing I would even begin to think of making let alone eating! I even avoid any shows that she is judging as I don't really feel she is qualified to judge/critique real cooks/chefs.

To me she is the "have can opener will travel/cook" queen. 🤮

• Like 6

I’m not really big on snarking, but came here to see if anyone else has friends who eat sugar, diary, high carb….idk.  My extended family still does, but most of my friends are pretty selective with their diet and are either vegan or pescatarian.  I can’t imagine me serving them waffles with syrup! Ha!  But, I guess there’s a market for it.  

• Like 3
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not really big on snarking, but came here to see if anyone else has friends who eat sugar, diary, high carb….idk.  My extended family still does, but most of my friends are pretty selective with their diet and are either vegan or pescatarian.  I can’t imagine me serving them waffles with syrup! Ha!  But, I guess there’s a market for it.  

I have a weight issue (I weigh 75 lbs), so I still eat dairy and a sourdough English muffin every morning. The reason I probably am so small is that I’m basically a vegetable and salad lover. Mind you, I’m short not anorexic. However pancakes or waffles would be a once a year splurge. I don’t have the taste buds for high fat or sugary dishes. Yuck 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Punctuation
  • Like 3

I see Ree's latest cookbook "The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Dinner's Ready: 112 Fast and Fabulous Recipes for Slightly Impatient Come Cooks" is number 8 of 10 in non-fiction best sellers list. The mind, it boggles. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 10/21/2023 at 3:00 PM, Mindthinkr said:

That was a good article. I really wonder if the movie will spur on an interest on how so many obtained their vast lands. 

My father is from Oklahoma, and his family never owned land.  One reason was that they had to have approval from some authority to buy it, to make sure the Native American who owned the land was getting a fair market price, and this was in the 1940's.    The few times they had a chance to buy, another person (usually a relative) swooped in and got approval to buy, and came in with a cash offer.   So, needing approval to sell land was a normal routine there. 

In his part of Oklahoma, the mineral/oil rights were separate from owning the land too.  So, the relatives that live there farmed or ran cattle and built houses (and big storm cellars) on their land, but had others who ran the oil wells and had right of access.  In the 40's, 50's and even 60's, a lot of the smaller ranches sold to bigger operations, because it was hard to have a profitable farm with a low amount of cattle land, and the small owners often had full time jobs, and didn't make a living from cattle or farming.   

The rental farm where my dad and his siblings grew up, is now part of a huge cattle ranch, and they rotate the huge pastures over a three year period, that way the grass can grow back without overgrazing the soil.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Today's theme was "Cowboy Quickies", which has nothing to do with Ree/Ladd sexytimes.   This was a selection of dishes made for the guys working some cattle on the ranch.  I had a WTF? moment to see that her tweak to making her "perfect pancakes" was to mix buttermilk and whole milk together, with an extra dash of vanilla.  That is a lazy stretch to make a standard pancake batter different.  She also made meatball subs and fried onions. ZZzzzzzz

The only thing that kept my interest was that Paige (who is a GIANT!) was helping with the cattle work, and I was waiting for Ree to make a "girly" item for her daughter.  I got so used to Ree going for a lighter menu (salads, light pastas, etc.) when she's cooking for females, I was surprised that Paige didn't get a dainty basket full of finger sandwiches instead of a large meatball sub.  How times have changed.

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 1