Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

It is a nightmare when you live in a rural area and Wallie World is your only choice. I buy way more from Amazon than I would like to but otherwise I have to use Wallie World and I hate it.  There is one small independent grocery store with double the prices in some cases but I save my pennies to shop there.

You couldn't pay me to support the Drummonds in any way, shape, or form. I don't care if her stuff is the only stuff on earth to cook with. I'll cook on a heated rock or something!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I doubt I will ever buy one of Rees anything. Cheap breakable crap.

You are wise! Not only cheap crap, but dangerous as well. Look at the many comments about how horrible her stuff is. Can openers that don't cut at all, baking dishes that break in the oven, bowls breaking when you put in soup. And walmart gives these people a hard time when they want a replacement. Walmart should be ashamed. If I owned a business and so many complaints came in I would be ashamed and mortified. The PW scam is just beyond the pale. Here is the link:

https://hip2save.com/2018/01/17/remember-those-chipped-pioneer-woman-dishes-there-is-a-happily-ever-after-story/

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Dineen said:

I called a few local quilting stores about foam batting. One said they only use foam to make purses because it provides structure to the purse. The owner had never heard of it being used in a quilt in all her 27 years of quilting! I called another store and they had never heard of using foam as batting. Said it would be "substandard." Goes to show how greedy Ree is to do this. And to basically take advantage and in a way cheat her fans with such cheap substandard products. 

foam batting ? - like the kind at fabric stores ?

https://www.joann.com/search?q=foam+batting&lang=default

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, sATL said:

like the kind at fabric stores ?

I was told that foam is used for projects like purses that require stiffness. The two quilt shop owners I spoke with said they don't use foam in quilts. I have never heard of foam being used as batting in quilts.  A quilt with foam batting cannot be very warm and would only be good as a decorative cover on a bed. Most people use wool, cotton, or polyester. Ree is using the cheapest material possible for her garbage to increase profits. The above links to product reviews are shocking to me that anyone can be so shameless and still show their face in public. Ree's products are a "private label" line, sold in a  way "on commission" (I think I'm not an expert) by walmart. But that still does not excuse walmart for going along with it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sATL said:

foam batting ? - like the kind at fabric stores ?

Foam batting is normally used in upholstery to provide a smooth, non-shifting surface.  When washing cushion covers the advice is to hand wash in cool water.  That type of batting is never suitable for a quilt that will be machine washed and dried in a dryer.  The temp is too hot for the foam which will melt.

Ree doesn't need to worry, her worshippers will just keep buying the crap and replacing it because, you know, Ree is their queen.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Here is another Daily Mail article. Foster son Jamar praises Ladd. Interesting comment on Ladd saying he looks terrible and looks like he is 100 years old. I noticed Ladd has aged a lot in the past few years. I wonder why. He has a healthy lifestyle with a lot of exercise and fresh air etc, so I wonder what the cause is? He used to look a lot better. Ree's cooking is bad but could it be that dangerous?https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11677785/Ree-Drummonds-foster-son-Jamar-Goff-shares-heartfelt-message-foster-dad.html#comments Maybe the stress of his accident?

The Drummond story about Jamar is almost textbook to the movie The Blind Side. However they have the means to give him a good life and a step up so…

I think part of Ladd’s aging issue is all the days he has spent too many hours in the sun, wind and rain working the farm and cattle. That’s hard on anyone. Sunscreen wasn’t a big concern when he was growing up. He is not often filmed. He could have a bad habit and just hides it very well. Same for health concerns. 

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The Drummond story about Jamar is almost textbook to the movie The Blind Side. However they have the means to give him a good life and a step up so…

I think part of Ladd’s aging issue is all the days he has spent too many hours in the sun, wind and rain working the farm and cattle. That’s hard on anyone. Sunscreen wasn’t a big concern when he was growing up. He is not often filmed. He could have a bad habit and just hides it very well. Same for health concerns. 

is ladd sick ? he might think he can work cattle for as long as his father did and/or until one of his sons take over full time. And even if his sons/nephew take over the day-to-day, he still might be there helping and supervising.

speaking of which - what colleges did his niece and nephew go to ? the neice might have graduated by now... Is their mom working for Ree now in some capacity ?

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have an aunt I haven't seen in person in a looooong time. When I last saw her she was in her mid 30's and looked  at least 10 to 15 years older so much so it made me forget that she was the youngest of three kids. She spent a lot of time in the sun especially in her teenage years in the 70's apparently including dangerous tanning methods used back then. I felt bad because she was a nice person and looked younger than her age until the sun damage started to rear it's ugly head. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

think part of Ladd’s aging issue is all the days he has spent too many hours in the sun

That is probably the reason. Think of the photos of wrinkled old cowboys. It occurred to me that maybe the foam in Ree's quilts could catch on fire in the dryer and set someone's house on fire. Would she be legally liable for those damages? What if someone died? Probably would not happen but the quilts melt in the dryer, so I wonder what else could happen. I was just looking at her social media. Mindless mental junk food -she seems to think most woman have the IQ of a rock.

• Sad 1

Stress could be a cause. Also being in the sun 8 hours a day. I hope Ree and her family use sun screen. Even young people can get skin cancer. Sun causes wrinkles. I know this sounds nasty but Ladd is starting to look like a little troll. He is probably a nice guy though.

image.png.4b25c4038b086f89dbe6149a20301866.png

4 hours ago, Dineen said:

Stress could be a cause. Also being in the sun 8 hours a day. I hope Ree and her family use sun screen. Even young people can get skin cancer. Sun causes wrinkles. I know this sounds nasty but Ladd is starting to look like a little troll. He is probably a nice guy though.

I think he looks little in this pix because #1 son looks a little like he's been hitting the weight room. And I've seen him more on the top of a horse than on solid ground.

How was the football season for son ? North Texas is in a conference I don't keep up with too closely.

5 hours ago, sATL said:

he looks little in this pix because

yes the boy is bigger but I noticed Ladd now looks kind of fragile. And thinner. I did a google search on this and found this blog that says he resents her making more money than him.  Very interesting comments about them and her early blogging days. They name her PR firm, Porter Novelli, and how she changed after she hired them. Comments are worth the read.https://www.celebitchy.com/719502/ree_drummonds_husband_resents_that_she_earns_more_tries_to_prove_himself_/

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Ladd also has had some major injuries in the past year or two also. 

As I recall, Ladd's neck was broken.  After neck surgery and two back surgeries, my husband has that same stooped posture. Spinal fusion surgeries mean no more movement in the fused area.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

This thread is not around to bash people's looks or religious beliefs. Both violate the board's inclusion policy. (Noting aging is fine. But snarking on wrinkles, gray hair, and such, is not, as an example.) Snarking on episode events is also fine provided it does not involve anyone's appearance, age, etc.

I strongly encourage you (universal you!) to click the link to familiarize yourselves.

Snark on the recipes and such all you like! But a person's physical attributes, weight, and/or religion is not allowed.

Thanks for your cooperation.

• Like 8

Ree has her spring line out and she and Alex modeled it. I actually like this one. She seems to have stayed away from the flower patterns for the most part and has a lot of plaid. Some of the clothes are really cute!

• Useful 3
On 3/3/2023 at 8:31 AM, andidante said:

Ree has her spring line out and she and Alex modeled it. I actually like this one. She seems to have stayed away from the flower patterns for the most part and has a lot of plaid. Some of the clothes are really cute!

Probably the same cheap crap that will pill up with seams splitting after one wash.

• Like 3
On 3/4/2023 at 6:24 PM, Cetacean said:

cheap crap that will pill up with seams splitting after one wash.

Just like her quilts that melt in the clothes dryer. Because she uses craft foam instead of regular batting. Craft foam is much cheaper, of course. Can't cut into the profit margin. On her facebook page she talks about the 2 designers she "works with." And they only work for her. They send her sketches and fabric swatches and she gives them feedback. They obviously create the patterns. That isn't really Ree being a "designer" and "creating her line." It is Ree selling her name and a fantasy to her followers. She says that she thinks about every piece, agonizes over every detail, and has big design boards on the wall to get the creative juices going. She has a picture of this on her website. Too bad the clothes are still a bit tacky!  And still made in China.

• Like 2

Walmart is set to close some stores in the near future.  I doubt it will totally go under, but if many close. what will the Pawhuska Princess do? Build a merc in every town? https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2023/03/07/walmart-store-closures-list-2023/11419149002/

The movie "killers of the flower moon" will be out in May. It is set in Osage county and is about a psychopathic man and his nephew marrying into then killing Indian women to steal their oil money. I know the Drummonds were there then, I wonder if they did that too, or took advantage of Indians? How did Fred Drummond get so much land? I haven't been watching the show lately, been busy. Is it the same level of awful as usual?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11890141/The-horrific-true-story-Leonardo-DiCaprios-new-movie.html

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Dineen said:

I haven't been watching the show lately, been busy. Is it the same level of awful as usual?

I inadvertantly landed on it the other day.  She was making something and did the "of course, it's always better when you add hot sauce" and I turned it off.  Can't remember what it was but something that most definitely did NOT need hot sauce like muffins or cupcakes.

I don't know how they taste anything in that family.  Their taste buds must all be totally fried by now.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I inadvertantly landed on it the other day.  She was making something and did the "of course, it's always better when you add hot sauce" and I turned it off.  Can't remember what it was but something that most definitely did NOT need hot sauce like muffins or cupcakes.

I don't know how they taste anything in that family.  Their taste buds must all be totally fried by now.

Well, something has to cut through all that butter and fat she uses 😂

• LOL 2

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Happy Good Friday everyone!!  Originally from a pseudo-christian blogger with clown hair who does not know the bible. Her new outdoor collection is out, I hope all of you buy it. I know I will. 

• Like 3

here is a video of her swearing and using the word s-h-i-t. She is in an atv with Ladd. She feels he is driving badly around the cattle. After swearing she says:

"Oh my gosh, oh gosh, oh s---. S---, honey!" fans heard her scream. "Honey, I gave up cussing for Lent!"

If she is really scared of being in an atv then don't get in it in the first place. Or you should not have married a rancher if you are that big of a "little miss prissy." Ranch life (work) is rough and dirty. I guess she plays the innocent scared little submissive backward female to entertain the reeple who live vicariously through her? I also don't believe she gives up anything for lent. Her "faith" and christianity are for public show only.

• Like 3

I just looked on her facebook page. She has a short video of her newly remodled restaurant. It is aweful. Done in an ultra modern style. Does not fit her or her brand. There are waaaayyyy too many hanging lights, so many it looks ridiculous. A private dining space is surrounded by bars-that look like jail bars.  Ugly red couches that take up too much space. Who could eat a meal on that?

Edited by Dineen
forgot to add something
  • Useful 1

I was about to post a YT video from a local news station in OK that did a story about the renovations. When I posted the link I got the non embeddable message. Don't come across that very often anymore especially when it comes to news sources like that.

• Like 1

Alex and Mauricio's truck got stolen in Texas. I will give a link. Alex said that the only thing she had inside it was a bible. And that she was waiting to see if insurance would cover it. Of course insurance will. One commenter said the truck is probably in Mexico being used by the drug cartels. Probably.  Don't all new cars now have tracking devices in them where the cops call the manufacturer and they can track it to within a few  feet? If still in the U.S., it would have been found right away? Another commenter called Ree a conwoman. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ree-drummonds-daughter-says-she-hopes-thief-gets-some-use-bible-stolen-truck

https://people.com/food/ree-drummond-daughter-alex-drummond-reveals-her-car-got-stolen/

• Useful 1
On 4/27/2023 at 8:49 PM, andidante said:

Are cars still able to be hot wired in this day and age? Forgive me if this is a stupid question. LOL

That is not a stupid question! I wondered the same myself. 

• Like 1
(edited)
On 4/27/2023 at 8:49 PM, andidante said:

Are cars still able to be hot wired in this day and age?

Not with the newer cars, but with older ones they can. I asked a mechanic this morning when I took my car in. Now the newer cars will alarm when the windows are smashed, or if they try to start the engine without the key or key fob. So they must have had an older truck.

Edited by Dineen
forgot to add something
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Dineen said:

The movie about the Osage indian killings will be coming out. I wonder if the Drummonds participated in stealing any of the land? 

I would wager to say that most white mega-ranch owners in OK are complicit in some sort of theft of Native lands.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I think the Drummond family has owned land in Okie for 4 generations. I know a Fred Drummond opened a general store, then bought (stole?) land. I saw her summer magazine in my library today. It  costs $5.99 and it is mostly advertisments, and articles promoting Ree, with some recipies. Waste of time and money.  She has a new store in pawhuska, the PW collection store, with just her stuff. I wonder if her stuff sells? I know the clothes you can only get from walmart, shipped to you, and if you need to return it, you pay the shipping. With postage now being so high, I would not take a chance on something not fitting. Has anyone seen any of her stuff at garage sales, or at a thrift store? In time I think we might. Her facebook page is the same old same old, complete with the fawning fans. She has a recipie for dump cake up.  I know it has been around for a long time, but every time I hear that I think of take a ..........  Sorry to be so crude. 

• Like 3

I saw an ad on this site that stated that Ree has been canned from the Food Network. I couldn’t get a screenshot and was also worried where that info was coming from (I don’t like clicking on unknown links). Anyone heard anything? 

25 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I saw an ad on this site that stated that Ree has been canned from the Food Network.

Apparently, from what I can find, it has not been cancelled nor renewed. 

Her name is linked to several articles where she is voicing disappointment that Valerie Bertinelli's show has not been renewed.

If only it was true.....

• Like 2

I can't see Ree getting cancelled. She has a lot of devoted fans. Some people treat a trip to Pawhuska like it was a religious pilgrimage. Baffles me, because she always came across as phony to me.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I saw an ad on this site that stated that Ree has been canned from the Food Network. I couldn’t get a screenshot and was also worried where that info was coming from (I don’t like clicking on unknown links). Anyone heard anything? 

Was it this ad? If so... it's junk.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 2.50.29 PM.png

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Was it this ad? If so... it's junk.

Yes, that was the one. I did a few minutes of looking, but don’t think she’s going anywhere. I hate that sites full of ads and they either can’t be trusted or give you misinformation. Thanks for all the replies. 

On 6/19/2023 at 12:58 PM, chessiegal said:

like it was a religious pilgrimage

they are attracted to the pretty pictures, the fantasy of living in the beautiful ranch, the videos of scenery with john denver songs playing, the picture of the new very cute puppy.  She just launched a new line of cheap China made indoor furniture, which the reeple are drooling over.  Alex looks sunburned, not wearing sunscreen I guess. Hey Alex-skin cancer can come on fast and hard even at a young age, and all the money in the world won't cure it.

• Like 4