Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, andidante said:

I have always been curious how to do cauliflower steaks. They always look good to me.

I liked how she covered the grill with the cookie sheet to get them tender all the way through. They looked good to me, but I would tweak the spice rub to more to my taste. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I love fried green tomatoes. I don't make them very well - have a hard time getting the breading to stick. There are 2 restaurants near me that serve southern fare. Their fried green tomatoes are excellent. Yum!

I actually bake mine now - in the name of trying to reduce eating something else fried. But yes - in restaurants they tend to fry them. 

I use buttermilk and panko breadcrumbs. I only make them when green tomatoes are in season and I can find them in the store and/or a few home gardeners share a small portion of their crops with me, but I think the breading stays on. maybe the spray also helps them stay crunchy.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/baked-fried-green-tomatoes-5312503

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Baking makes sense. And I wonder how they'd do if air fried.

I don't watch PW - what was she doing with the green tomatoes.

I just remembered a restaurant that puts a fried green tomato on their crab cake sandwich. I need to get back there.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Love 2

Has anyone seen the show "The delicious Miss Brown"? With Kardea Brown? She is a very good cook and really explains things well. I really like her show. Real food, (southern but not too fried or fattening) not slop from a can covered with 10 tonnes of butter, marshmellows, sugar, and bacon. And it is less scripted with family acting normal not pretending to be goody two shoes like what you see on TPW.

• Love 3
Just now, Dineen said:

Has anyone seen the show "The delicious Miss Brown"? With Kardea Brown? She is a very good cook and really explains things well. I really like her show. Real food, (southern but not too fried or fattening) not slop from a can covered with 10 tonnes of butter, marshmellows, sugar, and bacon. And it is less scripted with family acting normal not pretending to be goody two shoes like what you see on TPW.

Yes, I have seen her show where she features real low country (southern) food. I also have enjoyed her shows and her recipes are much healthier even though some are indulgent (and who doesn’t want cake or pie when you are celebrating something with a group of friends or family). 
   I continue to be amazed at how much air time Ree gets. I checked to see what was on that channel earlier and there was no variety. All PW shows. I think she’s just been on so much that any feel foods we might have had about her when she first appeared on the scene have been wiped out by overexposure and so much marketing. Then there’s the matter of how healthy her food is. 
    Since people like Ina have had shows on the same network, why there are very little reruns of them? Ree must have gotten a distribution deal. Cheap to produce time fillers. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dineen said:

Has anyone seen the show "The delicious Miss Brown"? With Kardea Brown?

I really like her show and her techniques.  Not a fan of southern cooking but some of her stuff does look delicious.  And her family members are fun.

I was watching a retrospective on PBS of Julia Childs and her shows.  World renowned chefs were watching and commenting.  One of the things that they pointed out was was that Julia didn't just throw out recipes, she taught correct techniques for using tools and how things should look.  Plus she was a hoot.

Ree is a massive joke compared to a real chef.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dineen said:

Yes. I caught it for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago. One of her dishes from that episode is on my to-do list. What was impressed me more -really was learning about the history of the area she was cooking about the the people she was serving the meal for.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/delicious-miss-brown/episodes/mosquito-beach-dinner

That is what I originally - ages ago - like PW for, as I knew absolutely nothing about cattle-ranching, and that part of the country - its land, agriculture, farm-to-table, food likes, regional dishes etc. There were a few episodes I enjoyed hearing Ladd and the other ranchers talk about their work, more so than the food she cooked.

RE: southern cooking (which also applies to other regional homegrown generational  dishes) - yes, I agree even though traditionally it was made a certain way with certain products, today we have more options , healthier options, available. The heavy salting of pasta water that the FN cooks preach - I just can't get into. I can't remember who I was watching but they insisted on using Vitamin D whole milk, which I refuse to buy; Salt was the main (and sometimes only) flavoring spice and frying was the way to go. It's time to move into an better healthier direction.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, sATL said:

heavy salting of pasta water

I don’t find it limited to that. I eat a lower sodium diet as too much salt tastes like it burns my tongue. I think across the board nobody concentrates on low sodium and everyone is heavy handed with the shaker. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think across the board nobody concentrates on low sodium and everyone is heavy handed with the shaker.

One of the justifications on programs (like America's Test Kitchen) for the use of so much salt is that when you do all of your own cooking, you aren't ingesting "hidden" sodium in processed foods so can add more to the recipe.  Looking at labels for a lot of canned and boxed products,  even such "innocent" things as canned vegetables, there is a lot of sodium in there.

In a perfect world we'd all be eating items right from our gardens but, let's face it, that's just not going to happen.  

With all of the junk that Ree dumps into her recipes, she has no excuse for adding extra salt.

• Love 4

Now she has an outdoor collection at Walmart. Seems overpriced.  A "white wood and metal potting shed" for $178.00. (not one of those mini house like she sheds) You could buy something similar at hobby lobby for maybe half of that. A "blue wood raised garden bed" for $119.00. Too much. If you have a husband with gardening skills he could make one for a fraction of that. There is a "charlie planter." Poor Charlie, still being exploited from beyond the grave. No rest for a used puppy. A "just red boot planter." Absolutely hideous. A lot of products, she and her handlers have not missed a thing. One comment on the website was Love it!!! Please bring back the pioneer woman pasta sauce, in at jars… it was magnificent!!! Have any in warehouse I could. Buy??  My guess is that the pasta sauce is no longer being made, as sales probably were bad. Has anyone seen any of her "food" products on the walmart shelves? I know her "clothes" can only be bought online.  She puts out huge numbers of "products" (chinese made junk) some of which sell, some are quietly discontinued. The article on her website was put up yesterday, and there were only 4 comments as of this writing.  Maybe her popularity is waining?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Happy Good Friday everyone! LOL (she actually said that one year). I read that she is going to be the commencement speaker at I think Oklahoma state university in May. What would she say?  "Graduates, if you want to be successful. find a rich guy."https://www.mashed.com/809932/nearly-half-of-people-think-ree-drummond-cant-cook-according-to-a-recent-poll/

Look at the poll I linked to above-interesting!

Edited by Dineen
forgot to add something
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

She has her Dutch oven on sale. They probably aren't selling well, I can't think of any other reason to lower the price from $50 to $39. I watched her show today and they showed the landscape behind the ranch. It looked hilly. I thought Oklahoma was all flat land? I looked at her website, including the comments. It appears that a few of the commenters are paid trolls leaving gushing, fawning comments about her products like "I'm going to go out and buy this now!" "Had this casserole for dinner. Loved by all." The gushing comments are only for her stuff you can buy, and the same commenters making the "I have to buy this!" comments.  I also noticed that there are a lot less comments overall on her website. That is probably because now it is really only a vehicle for her to sell her stuff. And no more giveaways! Not for a long time. The recipie articles are usually written by her staff writers, and the recipies are good, standard recipies you see everywhere else. Too many "general interest" fluff you see in other places, inane stuff, like movie stars, new stupid movies coming out, beauty tips no one that I know ever uses etc.   She must be losing readers, there used to be way more comments. I know a lady at my church who is still a bit of a fan of hers, but is starting to see the light. She belongs to the PW fan club facebook page. She said that last year or so they replaced the original moderators/administrators and replaced them with younger, foreign girls. One new one is Chinese. I don't have anything against any Chinese person, but why do that? So they can pay the Chinese girl less money for the same amount of work? My friend from church says that the whole tone of the fan club site has changed for the worse, and has become just people saying how much they like Ree etc. I hope my friend and the reeple will soon completely recover and come out of their fugue state. 

• Love 3

Article from the daily mail online about Paige's graduation. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10822127/Pioneer-Woman-star-Ree-Drummond-53-daughter-Paiges-college-graduation.html#comments

I wonder if people are visiting the Merc or if business is down due to such high gas prices, and inflation in general. Inflation is so bad now, and I hear that gas prices are going to get even worse. Many people who want to go might stay away for this reason. I won't go as I'm too far and would not make the trip anyway LOL. She has a lot of shops, in the middle of nowhere, no customers, maybe the shops and merc will have to close eventually?

• Useful 1

I just watched a re-run of hers.  Cleaning out the fridge or something. She put strawberries in gazpacho, and pretended that she is making up this recipie on the fly to use up "old strawberries" when they looked fresh, just like the other vegetables that looked just fine and fresh and she said were going bad. I looked up "putting strawberries in gazpacho and there are a lot of recipies from different places for this. And she pretends she made this up. Stop lying and bullshitting your reeple! 

Does anyone know what ever happened with Caleb's criminal case from a year or so ago? Probably dropped and swept under the rug because of their privilege.

I looked at her website.  She bought another local house for her sister Betsy, who will be there all summer. She will also make it into a B&B. She calls herself and her sister "Thelma and Louise." Eyeroll!! Oh brother. She portrays herself as the ultimate in "white bread america" and then makes a lame attempt at humor. I looked at her facebook, and some of her clothes are on sale for Memorial day. A dress that was $22.99 is now is now $13.00. A top originally was $19.99 now $11.00. Maybe they are not selling? Of course clothes sold at walmart are all made in the third world crap. I have bought a few clothing items from walmart, washed them by hand, and saw the colors run big time. That indicates cheap fabric. I won't bother buying any of her stuff but I bet it also runs. She has a new line of summer decor out now, that looks like junk. I wonder how long all of this merchandising will go on?  Her website is the same old standard recipies/movies/celebrities/ "news" about what her kids are doing (nothing interesting)/ patriotic stuff (if she was really patriotic she would have her stuff made in america, not communist china). And pushing stuff for the reader to buy, both her products, and other companies, for which she links to their site, and if you buy a product after linking from her site, she gets a commission! I looked at her social media so you don't have to. I have earned some brownie points for heaven!

• Like 1

Looks like Ladd got run trampled by a cow. In the picture, they cut a big hole out of his shirt around his wound. Why not just take off the shirt?  I will link to the articles. I missed the new show this morning, although I suspect I did not miss much.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10928747/Pioneer-Woman-Ree-Drummond-husband-Ladd-sustains-minor-injuries-run-cow.html

https://people.com/food/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-reveals-husband-ladd-got-ran-over-by-a-cow-it-hurt/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-reveals-192424153.html

• Useful 2

I tuned in today for "Summer Mediterranean Feast" and see that Ree still loves those big flowy sleeves that are just seconds away from getting lit on fire as she cooks.  I had several cringe moments, as she says that the menu of citrus marinated salmon, a raw veg platter, orzo pasta is just right for her visiting sister and her girls -- nothing about husband/sons.  She added that Mauricio and Stu were not there and would probably be getting burgers - more BS that there is girl food and boy food.  Sheesh.

Another Ree trait (IMO) that makes me side-eye her is her neediness for approval - I've mentioned this before in this thread.   Several times she asked one of her daughters "isn't this pretty/delicious looking?".   To my ears, it's asking for validation/praise and seeking gratitude.  Makes me kind of sad for her.  To make it even sadder, a lot of times her girls can barely manage a grunt in response, like they're tired of being their mom's cheerleader.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Haven't watched for a very long time.

Some things never change. 

Like her sprinkles, chocolate, caramel, candy bar, whipped cream disasters passing for dessert. LOL - remember the ice cream sundae trough for the kids?

And her ridiculous girl food, boy food, cowboy food.

I don't even let my channel linger on her show to give her any Nielsen ratings.

Plus I don't get why the daughters, Stu and Mauricio are always around...don't they live in other states and have jobs there and friends?

Ree must pay them a lot, a lot, of money.

• Love 3

here is an article from the daily mail. Ree and Ladd attended a wedding in Mexico, although it does not say whose wedding it was. The usual "Ladd is so hot" nonsense. She has a new show coming out "big bad budget battle" in August. Guy Fieri the bleach blond loud mouth is producing it. In one picture it shows her from the side, and she looks like "Judy" from "punch and Judy" puppet show with her jutting chin that sticks out horizontally. Or maybe the stereotypical witch.  She rarely shows photos of herself from the sideview. This picture was from a video someone took, not one of her pr team apparently. There are some good comments people left. One person said that the people who work for her don't like her. I wish someone who lived in Pawhuska would write in and say if that was true or not. She has brought money into the town, so they probably can't hate her too much. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10992543/The-Pioneer-Woman-host-Ree-Drummond-vacations-Mexico-rancher-husband-Ladd.html

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Dineen said:

She has brought money into the town, so they probably can't hate her too much. 

Depends on whether or not she's obnoxious about it.  People don't like to be demeaned by some rich bitch telling them how wonderful she is and they should be grateful for her largesse.

There is money and then there is pride.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She might be doing this show to help set her sister up financially. 

You are probably right. Although I don't blame her for that. But everything else about her is a  scam.  When one googles her name (on windows 10 at least) a bunch of articles on her come up from paid "journalist" sites like "showbiz cheat sheet" which you just know are written at the behest of her PR team. Sometimes a daily mail article comes up. Last night the daily mail Mexican wedding was there. This morning it was gone and replaced with a similar one by "showbiz cheat sheet." Maybe her PR team did not like it. It did not have the video of her walking that shows her facial profile, which is unflattering. I don't think I have ever seen a picture put up of her profile before. Has anyone here seen one? She has kept them off the internet. She is really not a pretty woman, with her sky high forehead and classic witch profile, and clown orange hair, and a hair-style that is decades out of date and now age inappropriate for her. And old lady wardrobe,  This just proves how her whole schtick is some kind of paid orchestrated fraud. She says she won't mention who the bride and groom are, saying 

"Ladd and I took a quick trip to Mexico for our good friends' wedding. I don't want to post pics of the beautiful bride and groom since I want them to share on their own timeline, so here are some pics of Ladd and me, and also of the huevos motuleños I had for breakfast yesterday," she also wrote.

Why not say who they are? I bet they are high level politicians, or very rich important people or people with a bad public reputation. She does not want her fans to know she hangs out with the top of society as that will blow her aw shucks I'm just a meek housewife act. And we will never know who they are as we don't know which "timeline" to visit.

Her dress cost $275.00. https://www.farmrio.com/products/fresh-forest-scarf-v-neck-midi-dress?_pos=1&_sid=4c1700c96&_ss=r&variant=40051333169245

The whore articles show pics of their July 4th. Kids under a banner that reads "God bless America," If you wanted to bless America then have your crappy products made here by American citizens. But you won't as that will cut into your profit margin.

• Love 2
On 7/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, chessiegal said:

Unless the couple said, oh plaster pictures of us on your website, doing so, IMO, would be rude.

ok ok but I have noticed in general she is actually very secretive about many aspects of her life. I looked on her website, the same article was put up except for the video where you see her ugly classic witch profile. Eighteen reeple (that's all) making comments like "You should start a clothing line, those outfits were beautiful."  Barf

• Love 1

I saw this article about her new show. If you scroll down they have many pictures of her reeple at the merc opening in 2016. A certain demographic.  Lots of photos of people buying stuff. I went on her website. In the comments section of an article (advertisement for) for her new drinkware tumblers was this comment:

We bought one of You stainless steel drink cups and the top leaks water into it and has caused the wife to become ill

Not well written with the spelling error but interesting.

• Useful 2

I felt like I was losing brain cells while watching todays episode "Summer Sweets".  Alex is the worst person to have as Ree's cameraperson/cheerleader because the girl seems to have no vocabulary skills. 

When Ree displays the finished recipes, Alex response to the dish is a bored "wow".  Alex is so verbally deficient that she said "wow" a total of six times during this one episode.   At least Mauricio is trying a little harder - he threw in a "that looks delicious".  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I caught bits of this episode. The only thing that remotely interested me were those peach something Prosecco gelatins. Of course I didn’t see the part where she made them, so I would have to go to the Food Network app to get the recipe because I don’t think I could stand to watch her make them. If anyone else saw the show…did they look hard to make? 

• Love 1

Those peach jellies weren't hard to make if you have any experience using plain gelatin.  She just dissolved the gelatin in prosecco, strawberry lemonade and strawberry vodka on the stove.  The next step is just pouring the liquid into molds and chilling it.   Ree added some chopped peaches and strawberries into the molds too, which made it pretty.

Edited by patty1h
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

This morning's show "fair foods" was bad. Greasy fried garbage. The turkey legs she made were so huge all I could think about was King Henry VIII gorging himself at a medieval banquet on one of them like he is portrayed in movies. Not too bad but no one needs that much protein, especially a woman. At least she did not make deep fried twinkies-I have seen that at fairs. Yuck. Once I was at a fair, and ate half an elephant ear. I then went on the ferris wheel. I felt sick, but did not vomit. I was terrified I would puke on the people below me. Beware the fried fair food! Fried cheese on a stick might not be so bad if you only eat one. She did have a good idea about putting the pancake mix in a tall glass to dip the cheese into. 

On her website she put up pictures of herself without make-up. A plain jane. 

She has new gaudy plates out, and a "snack line mix" at $5.00 per bag. The usual names like "spicy cowgirl mix." "

I looked at her facebook page. A lot of the usual fawning comments and reeple saying they are going to run to walmart to buy some. A handful of comments about how many of her food products are no longer being sold. "I miss your bolognese sauce." "What happened to you spaghetti sauce?" Or I can't find the pasta or BBQ sauce or dog treats. I need your marinara sauce back." One woman said, that her Italian sausage and peppers spaghetti sauce has been discontinued. I will have to go into walmart and look. I know the clothes are only sold online. I think what she is doing in making every possible product, food, clothes, housewares, bedding, etc, is like throwing spaghetti against the wall and seeing what sticks. She figures her hard core fans will buy every new thing she puts out, and some other shoppers will buy some. So it doesn't matter if most of it gets discontinued, as she will make a good amount of money when something new comes out, as the rabid fans will try it once. I haven't seen any of the frozen dinners at walmart for a long time. I know they were too expensive and not good (reviews read, I did not buy one). 

One woman left a comment "A crockpot I got from walmart that is pioneer woman isn't staying hot keeping temperature." She should return it. 

Another woman wrote this: "Oh my God that woman leaves no stone.....I mean NO STONE.....unturned in order to make a buck. She is a shameless merchandiser of whatever she thinks her followers will buy. Stop buying into her products which do nothing but line her pockets." Right on sister!!  Of course some of the reeple (including the "top fans") gave excuses and said "if you don't like it don't buy it." Well, true enough, but the point was Ree's greed and huckster mentality. Has anyone seen any of her products at your local walmart? On her website they have a list of products on sale, for "clearing out summer products to make way for fall arrivals." They have some summer stuff, but also a 5 quart dutch oven, (20% off), a whole cookware combo set, and the ugly bread box. None of those are season specific. They must not be selling, or they would not be on sale. Especially the dutch oven, everyone loves/wants a dutch oven! So I wonder if sales are falling, maybe the PW charm is gone, maybe the "bloom is off the rose" for her  schtick.

• Love 1

I haven't been in a WalMart since the pandemic.  Amazon has been my order de jour. Found some great pj's and loose tops and exercise pants.  Live at home alone and no one cares  what you wear,.

• Like 1

The only reason I stopped at Walmart was because I was right by one and needed a few cleaning supplies and some Dr. Teal's bath products. Otherwise, they charge you $10 to deliver it to your home.

Then Door Dash runs multiple deliveries to deliver 1-2 items from your order at a time, which I find super annoying. Walmart has done away with the free FedEx delivery for orders of $35 or more. You used to get everything at once and it was much simpler. 

I also prefer Amazon. 

• Love 1

OMG, glad I haven't been to WalMart in several Years.

I basically order from Amazon because the Diabetes forum I moderate gets a kick back on the purchases which pays most/almost all our yearly expenses.  Keeps, us running at no one's expense. Things I would buy anyway so no harm/no foul.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 1

Her fall clothing line of ugly old lady clothes are out.  It came out very recently, I know because I looked at her website maybe a day or two. Some of the clothes are listed as "out of stock." Hmmmm. Maybe they only have the factory in china make the garment after it has been ordered through walmart and paid for. Then shipped. But the customer would have to wait weeks for it to ship on one of those huge barge ships, then unloaded, then mailed. The clothes look cheaply made, as a few of the commenters wrote. Here are some quotes from the comment section:

Love your clothing line. Hides experience creases. But just wondering about the sizing (my note: I think "experience creases" are wrinkles, am I correct?)

I think the clothing line is great and there are several items I would like to get. My Walmart does not carry the clothes, I cannot figure out why! (my note: because most people have better taste!)

Hi Ree, I love your clothing line and actually wore one of your tops on my 63rd birthday this year and also on my 39th anniversary!!! I want to purchase your Pull-On Embroidered Boot Jeans next. Do they come in Petite? The model is 5’10” but I am 5’2”. Also, I have watched every episode of every season of your show and I love the new filming format with your family. It allows us to see your true personality and that is just refreshing and fun. (my note: When you are being filmed for a TV show you are not going to be "real" and show "true personality"-I don't care what anyone says.

I just noticed something. Some of the comments are dated from March of this year, and various dates from 2021. What gives?  Doesn't the software have the correct time and date, and year build into it like all computers do now? Here is an example:

deb6514

8 November, 2021

I bought the blue shark bite duster but you dont seem to have the color of tank that is under it. I ended up getting the dark blue one.

Millerk64

8 November, 2021

I love the leggings

daars49

14 October, 2021

I had messaged you years ago asking where you bought your clothes. And now you have your own line. That is fantastic. Thank you Arloa  (my note: Ree is known to buy her clothes from anthropologie, other expensive high end places, and designer boutiques in Tulsa. The cheap walmart rayon stuff is only for the masses. Some of her fans seem very naive, it makes me want to cry). 

• Like 2

An article on fox business website about her new clothing line. It is the usual so so stuff, but the comments are just priceless.  Not one positive comment. Most were about all her stuff being made in China. Others about the clothes being tent like and ugly. Some funny one there:

When I think about fashion and Walmart, I always picture polyester - specifically oversized polyester clad water buffalos that wear polyester two sizes too small that bring their broods with them and occupy entire lanes in the store. I might be wrong - the size might be three sizes too small but I do know I can tell the cottage cheese on the thighs and the number of folds under the arms.

Clothing made in China, of course you won't find the designer buying cheap rags there, she shops on Rodeo drive using your money.

Gotta love a traditional "riches to riches" story. Everyday wife/owner of one of the largest cattle ranches in Oklahoma creates her own retail empire to be even richer than before. Heartwarming...

Celebrities have a real opportunity to create something special in this world, but nearly all go for the easy riches by selling out American workers, and sourcing their product line from China.

You would think with all the money her husbands  family has that he could have landed a slightly attractive wife that was not the most annoying know it all on the planet

And from her website:  "Mrs Roper your fall wardrobe is here."

We are not the only ones who see through her!

• Love 1

I looked for a topic on Ree's other cooking show "Big Budget Bites Blah" or whatever it's called, but there isn't one, so I'm snarking here.  I saw it in the cable guide and tuned in to see if she has any more personality here than the weekend PW show.   Nope nada nein nyet non.   The guest judges were pretty drab too.

I find myself concentrating on the contestants, who all speak to the camera with great confidence and verbal ease in their talking head segments, like they've been rehearsed/they're reading from a script instead of being natural.  When it comes out that the majority of these contestants (who are advertised as "home cooks") have food blogs, it becomes clearer how they're so comfortable talking about food and it preparation, but it all seems so... set up.

IMO these contestants may have a love of cooking but I think they're also hoping that some FN exec will see them and do that thing like in the old movies... "bring me that girl/guy!  I want to make them a STAR!" and they could be the next Fieri, Flay, Drummond, etc.

• Love 1

It seemed like she put too much booze in the sangria this morning. Coconut vodka and wine. It might taste good, but would probably make you 3 sheets to the wind fast. The pepper and pineapple relish recipie looked good, I will give her that. I noticed on her website that they are no longer allowing comments for some articles, mainly the ones where she pushes her products. The comments from the fall clothing line have been taken down. I wrote about this a few weeks ago, I copied and pasted some of the comments in a post above from August 18th. Some of the dates from the comments were not even from this year, many from 2021. I can't find them now. Although if you click the link to the walmart website they have reviews for each product. They are mixed reviews. For the quilted pillows Steven said: "cheaply made, and it shows." Another said: "Not worth the money. It looks beautiful but it is just design stamped on fabric." Another-"Dirty upon arrival." Yet another:  too light weight shifts around the price point should be lower. What is most disturbing is the "incentivized reviews." This is where the reviewer is rewarded for the review with coupons and discounts. They are all very positive reviews. I could not find one bad one (although I did not look at all of them). 

If a consumer receives an incentive for submitting a review, that review is called an incentivized review. An incentive might include: Entry into a sweepstake. Coupons or discounts.

Also, NONE of the "incentivized reviews" were also a "verified purchase." I did not see even one. So walmart's review system is a big scam, just like narcissist Ree. I'm sure those people who did the "incentivized reviews" did not buy the product, they must just write stuff to get discounts etc. The website is now mostly written by other people. It has an editor, an "editorial assistant," and is maintained by Hearst digital media. And if you want to leave a comment you must sign up for an account first. And they admit they sell your personal information unless you "opt out" which is in small print at the bottom.  I know many places sell your info, but the fake reviews are fraud. False advertising, and walmart gets away with it.

• Mind Blown 2

I did see her make that sangria. It appeared to me that she put at least 3 shots of tequila in it. One of them and I’d be heading for a nap! Got a laugh out of her green salad too but I would try it. 

My daughter likes the look of her stuff and bought a few pieces when they first came out. Of course at Walmart. She wasn’t happy. If you looked at them wrong they chipped. One even busted up in the dishwasher. She was so disappointed. You would think the has some integrity and would sell a decent product. It’s not like her family is broke and needs the money. My opinion of her continues to decline. 

• Love 1