Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

Dysentery...I hope their water isn’t contaminated. I rarely have heard of people in the US contracting this illness. 5 people on their farm does seem like a large number. I hope they find the source and eliminate it. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Dineen said:

You would think some health authorities would go in and investigate this and fix whatever the problem is.

It would be for anyone else.   However there different standards for millionaires with relatives in high places.

• Love 2

It must be from cattle poo-poo. They got it on their skin maybe. Shows Ladd doesn't do the dirty work. Ree has never talked about these deaths on her blog because that would ruin the fairy tale. The drowning death is the weirdest though. I presume it was an adult. Most adults can judge whether a river is safe to cross.

• Love 1
On 5/9/2021 at 8:38 PM, Dineen said:

I was just doing google searches and found this:  It says that 

Ree and Ladd Drummond's ranch seems to be plagued with tragedy. According to the Oklahoma Department of Labor reports, five farmhands at the family ranch passed away because of dysentery since 2008. Furthermore, a visitor at the farm drowned in an attempt to cross a river on the property. 

WTF? Dysentery is a bacterial infection. Five people? I would make a joke about her cooking but it is not funny. Did the farmhands drink from the ponds? And someone drowned? How big was the river? A river big enough to drown in?

https://www.thetravel.com/pioneer-woman-food-network-facts/

Dysentery is a third world/medieval type of disease. I have never known even one person who has had it. You would think some health authorities would go in and investigate this and fix whatever the problem is.

SO that ranch is Like Oregon Trail? 🤣

• LOL 6

Does anyone know what Alex and her hubby do for a living?  I was on a cruise where one of the stops was the Maldives, and it is beautiful, but beyond insanely expensive. It’s made up of many, many individual islands, some of which you can walk to in the water without going beyond waist deep  

Can’t wait until the regular crew is back because I’m sick and tired of hearing Ree saying “did you get this Alex, come here and get this Alex, look at this Alex”.  It’s nothing but Alex, Alex, Alex.  And maybe she’ll stop the constant giggling she does, even when it’s not funny. 

• Love 3

Saw this on the internet. Complaining about feeling overwhelmed after her daughter's wedding. I think almost the whole wedding was done by hired help. The tents put up and taken down by a company, a wedding planner hired a florist and caterer did all of that. She spent a million on it and is so lucky to have that kind of money. 

Another article on losing weight. Watch the video. In it she shows a picture of herself looking very fat. She says she did old fashioned dieting. I guess did not eat her own food LOL. Her own weight loss is proof you should not use her recipies!

https://www.etonline.com/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-shares-38-pound-weight-loss-166383

• Love 1

I recently went in to Walmart to look for a specific thing in the kitchen wares aisle and I came across Pioneer Woman merchandise which I never seen before it was picture of a dog or cat but on a place trivet some other crap like mixes for a ice cram machine and all that shit  looked like it came form the Dollar tree. cheap and tacky

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Nicmar said:

cheap and tacky

Yes I noticed that too. Walmart sells tin cans with her flowery designs on them for about $4.00. At the dollar tree store the same type of item sells for a dollar. It is thin, cheap tin. She is selling selling selling. And the media eats it up and they promote her like she is just so wonderful. Yesterday she had a live video promotion of some of her products with her 2 daughters. It is still on her facebook, to view "on demand." I wonder if her sales are down? It is called a "Walmart shop-along." Lots of comments in the beginning from walmart about how you should buy.  She is selling new stuff too. Ree looks like  she has big feet (sorry couldn't help myself but she does). This goes on for 55 minutes-I will not watch the whole thing-a waste of time. 

• Love 1

Glenna Jeani Spicer-Hilligoss

My lid shattered while it sat in the shelf it always sits on. I always put it away completely cooled off.

Glenna Jeani Spicer-Hilligoss

But the thing is they are made by Hamilton Beach. When I contacted them they said the lid was not covered by the warranty! What?!

I’m totally upset! The lid to my Pioneer Woman 9.5 pot blew up shattering into a zillion pieces after I took it off the pot. I had turned the burner down to simmer then off. As I have done several times. Took the lid off BAM. Thought it was a shot! Now what? Glass over the floor, in the sink & on the counter. Check myself then start cleaning the glass up! Not sure I want something that can do that! I’ve cooked with pressure cookers for years never a problem. I’ve cooked with T Fal no problem. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!! 🤬😳😡

Darrell Berryman

My wife has bought 2 of the slow cookers. With both of them the pot itself has cracked in half. I've asked her not to buy anymore Pioneer Woman products because it's all garbage

just a few of the many complaints

2 hours ago, andidante said:

Has Ree ever addressed this issue with the defects in her products? If not she certainly should. 

To address them would be to acknowledge they exist. I'm sure her marketing people (and probably her lawyers) would forbid her to do that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Saw this article on her being associated with the National cattlemen's beef association, which wants to kill all wild horses and sell the meat to foreign countries where they eat horse meat. They call her a hypocrite. 

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/02/pioneer-woman-horse-slaughter-scandal-ree-drummons-slammed-greedy/#:~:text=Ree Drummond boards horses on,proper treatment of wild horses.&text=The association has a history,mass killings of wild horses.

Ree Drummond boards horses on her Oklahoma ranch, but the president of the Wild Horse Freedom Foundation exclusively told Radar that he believes the TV chef is a “greedy fraud” who does not believe in the proper treatment of wild horses. ... The association has a history of supporting the mass killings of wild horses.Feb 16, 2018

11 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

One of these days, she’s going to catch herself on fire. How stupid do you have to be to wear big floppy sleeves when cooking on a gas stove?

And she does this every. single. week. Every week.  I don't know why she can't wear short sleeves-her arms can't be that fat. And even if they are-who cares?

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

One of these days, she’s going to catch herself on fire. How stupid do you have to be to wear big floppy sleeves when cooking on a gas stove?  

Yeah, don't wish it on her...but one if these days it is going to catch up with her...

• Love 3

She looks like she has had more botox. Why is it that botox makes one look both old and young at the same time? Today's new show was boring, she is running out of ideas for shows.

• Love 1

So right about the sad state of most of the dishes Ree is putting on the show for X long.  Long ranty comment ahead on a spring Saturday. 

I admit that I don't much watch for the food anymore.  I think it was around the time Ree had her brother on that I started to observe things other than the cooking.  For example, I could not help but focus on the way she spoke to her brother in a constant sing-song voice.  I recognize that her brother has challenges, but her speaking to a grown man like he was a toddler just jumped out at me.  It made me wonder why she chose to do that.

Later, I became fascinated with Ree's always cracking lame jokes and chuckling to herself.  This almost seems neuro-behavioral in nature -- lame joke = empty laugh.  Also, when she has an audience/guest watching her cook she frequently throws out  a hook by asking "are you hungry?", then she stands and seems to be waiting for verbal confirmation that the person IS hungry, and the silent message that it'll be worth their wait for the finished product.   I would find myself watching Ree watching the person eat the dish of the day -- most of the time with this smile on her face as she waited for them to give a positive response to her cooking skills... her need for this praise was so evident.  Always asking her kids "right, Alex?  Right, Paige?" as she tells us how much they love this recipe or that dish.  Fortunately for her, I see that she has found the perfect foil in SIL Mauricio, as he is very vocal in giving Ree the positive reinforcement she seems to desperately crave.  In today's show, they had a little montage of the kid crew that was the focus of today's show and Mauricio was shown rubbing his stomach in anticipation of the recipes that were being featured today.  That guy learns fast.

• Love 4

Saw this newly written article online this morning about Caleb's arrest:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/08/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-nephew-caleb-charged-dui/

Saw this about Ree's religious faith. And I thought she only worshipped money! She says she gets a lump in her throat whenever she goes into that Vail church, and starts to cry. Eye roll. I have never seen anyone, including a pastor, priest or nun do that. I go to church and I don't see anyone there crying. I was raised Catholic and never saw a priest or nun get emotional like that, nor the church I go to now. If it is true she cries just walking into some church she might have psychiatric problems. This is probably just pandering to her religious reeple to make them like her so they will buy her crappy products. I know some people on here think I hate her, but I don't. I am just amazed by her blatant fraud and no one in the media will call it out.

https://people.com/food/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-christian-faith-church-colorado/

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Dineen said:

This is probably just pandering to her religious reeple to make them like her so they will buy her crappy products.

Spot on.  And the whole attempt at showing what a fabulous "Christian Lady" she appears to be (blubbering over a building) is the polar opposite of what she does - ripping off recipes from church cookbooks and pretending they are hers, selling items she knows are subpar quality to her easily manipulated reeple and laughing all the way to the bank, and presenting her high fat, high calorie crap as decent food to the adoring fans.  These are not the actions of someone with good moral values.  This is a huckster preying on people who are dazzled by her PR persona.

• Love 2

Looked at website, many reeple are pre-ordering it. And gushing over it. I think Ree should write a new book about a narcissistic fake ranch wife who looks into their dirty pond that their young son drinks from, falls in love with her own image, and stays their forever. Now that is a book I would read.

She can call it "Half-baked Pawhuska princess."

• LOL 3

Here is a paid product endorsement featuring Ree dressed up as an article. She is endorsing gym shoes sold by Nordstrom. She is no doubt being paid. There are links in the article to the site where you can buy them. Not bad "work" for a little ol' unsophisticated country girl. 

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ree-drummond-loves-cute-comfy-135100797.html

I just read that TV chef Giada was raped by her own biological father weekly when she was a teenager. Poor creature, makes you want to cry. Hope she has recovered from that.

2 hours ago, Dineen said:

Here is a paid product endorsement featuring Ree dressed up as an article. She is endorsing gym shoes sold by Nordstrom. She is no doubt being paid. There are links in the article to the site where you can buy them. Not bad "work" for a little ol' unsophisticated country girl. 

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ree-drummond-loves-cute-comfy-135100797.html

I just read that TV chef Giada was raped by her own biological father weekly when she was a teenager. Poor creature, makes you want to cry. Hope she has recovered from that.

I read that long ago about Giada.   Her sister as well.  Her father was a scum bag.   Apparently she participated in various organizations to help abused children.    So as much as she's very attention seeking, I think she's handled it well.   This probably should be in the Giada thread.     

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I didn't know there was a Giada thread! I wrote about it because it upset me-the abuse. I won't go there  anyway to trash her because 1) she is a real chef! 2) I now feel very sorry for her.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Dineen said:

I didn't know there was a Giada thread! I wrote about it because it upset me-the abuse. I won't go there  anyway to trash her because 1) she is a real chef! 2) I now feel very sorry for her.

I agree... she's a real chef unlike Ree.  I really don't mind her, she makes some good food. "Giada at Home" is the thread on this forum. 

• Love 2

Yes, yes she is unreasonable.

Her own kids and nephew did the same kind of work that Ladd did. Anyone of them could have been kicked in the head etc.

I don't watch her show anymore...can't stand the food and mash ups with more heat, or believe any of the photos of weight loss.

I just see massive greed, and fandom imo.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

or believe any of the photos of weight loss.

Why do you say that, do you think the photos are photoshopped? Just curious. To me it looks like she did lose weight. Why would she lie about it, as she is not selling diet products LOL.

Her being mad at Ladd for working the ranch is absurd (as long as the doctor says it is ok). And she knew what she was getting into when she married him. I think she is crazy.

• Love 1

Alongside all the wedding festivities, Food Network was there capturing moments—just like they’ve done for the past several years (since Alex was thirteen years old! ) The hour-long “Ranch Wedding” special will be on this Saturday morning at 11 am eastern/10 central! Here’s the original post with lots of pics…but you’ll see more of the behind-the-scenes fun (and challenges!) on the special. It’ll be fun to watch while wearing jeans (and no Spanx!

The above is on her facebook page. I hate to say it but I will watch out of curiosity. The next post is that her "summertime decor products" are now out. The usual pseudo-patriotic, cutsy, China made junk. I wonder how much of her new "decor lines" junk is being sold every season as the reeple have probably already bought a lot of it in the past few years. How much stuff can you pack into a home? I already have a lot of "stuff" and can't buy any more. If you were to buy stuff from her every season your house would then be on "hoarders."

• Love 1
(edited)

I won't be watching it...a million dollar wedding?

Kids not working? 

But recently  Ok, a little watching her mess up her recipes always forgetting something and playing coy.

Oh - and not tasting...other shows are now.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 1

I watched the wedding special.  The flowers were spectacular. Alex and Mauricio had a "wedding crest" printed onto the plastic put down as the dance floor.  Is this a new thing, I had never heard of this. I looked it up, a lot of them seem to look the same, very flowery and feminine, used to decorate the napkins etc. It seems rather silly to me, and could be a waste of money, but when you have a million dollar budget, why not?  We saw Ree's dad sitting near Ree's mom with the Pastor who she had an affair with then married. A very extravagant over the top wedding, but I must say, very nice.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I never thought there could be too many flowers but this time I was overwhelmed!

Yes, too many flowers. It also just occurred to me that we did not see her mentally challenged brother Mike. I guess he does not fit into the storybook picture of the perfect ranch family that we all need to admire.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Dineen said:

Yes, too many flowers. It also just occurred to me that we did not see her mentally challenged brother Mike. I guess he does not fit into the storybook picture of the perfect ranch family that we all need to admire.

We didn't see a lot of people. We didn't see Stewart and he's been on most of the recent shows or her BFF Hyacinth. Or her other brother for that matter. Or Tim's wife Missy and their kids. We barely saw Paige, Bryce, or Todd. I know you never pass up a chance to hate on her, but to imply she purposely left out Mike to keep him in the shadows is just too much, IMO. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

never pass up a chance to hate on her, but to imply she purposely left out Mike to keep him in the shadows is just too much, IMO

ok. you are right. we did not see a lot of people. I am not completely hateful, she did do a good job on the wedding.

46 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

We didn't see a lot of people. We didn't see Stewart and he's been on most of the recent shows or her BFF Hyacinth. Or her other brother for that matter. Or Tim's wife Missy and their kids. We barely saw Paige, Bryce, or Todd. I know you never pass up a chance to hate on her, but to imply she purposely left out Mike to keep him in the shadows is just too much, IMO. 

I agree.  I was looking to see if Missy and Tim's daughter was in the wedding.  I'm sure she was.  You can't have everyone on camera.  Some people may Not want to be.   Anyway.  I don't care for Ree or her food, but it's their money and they can spend it how they wish.   It did look beautiful and Alex seems like a very nice person.     Chuck seemed very frail looking though.   

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, MissT said:

I agree.  I was looking to see if Missy and Tim's daughter was in the wedding.  I'm sure she was.  You can't have everyone on camera.  Some people may Not want to be.   Anyway.  I don't care for Ree or her food, but it's their money and they can spend it how they wish.   It did look beautiful and Alex seems like a very nice person.     Chuck seemed very frail looking though.   

I can't find a picture of the bridal party to see if Halle was a brides maid, but I'm pretty sure she's in this pic of the bachelorette party in Nashville. 

Chuck did look shockingly frail. It's been a while since he's been on the show, but I swear I read he was spending time in another state these days, though for the love of me, I can't remember which. He's obviously getting up there and the years are catching up with him.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dineen said:

ok. you are right. we did not see a lot of people. I am not completely hateful, she did do a good job on the wedding.

Even a chimp can do a good job if he has enough money to work with.

• Love 1

The tent and flowers were absolutely breathtaking.  Yes, the flowers turned out to be a bit overwhelming but oh, well.  I didn’t like Ree’s dress at all and this was an occasion where she should have had her hair up.  I also didn’t like Paige’s MOH speech — too much about herself.  Ree and Ladd seemed to cringe a little at Paige.  Joyful atmosphere.  Loved the pretty crest on the dance floor.  Alex and Mauricio seem so happy and close. 

• Love 2
(edited)

From all the comments I have read, no thank you, don't want any of Ree's items. I have corningware I have had for almost 30 years and it is still perfectly usable and unchipped.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 4
On 6/17/2021 at 7:57 AM, Dineen said:

Is Ree being unreasonable? Saw this online this morning.

https://okmagazine.com/p/the-pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-husband-ladd-hit-a-rough-patch/

its ok! magazine their stories that they publish are usually not true at all

On 7/1/2021 at 4:10 PM, Dineen said:

I don't go on tik tok (middle aged is too old!) but apparently there is a guy doing parody of her on tik tok. An article about this:

https://people.com/food/ree-drummond-meets-tiktoker-who-creates-pioneer-woman-parodies-hes-a-sweetheart/

lol he nailed down her look 

• Love 1