Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

The design makes it look like it’s supposed to be displayed in a cabinet and not actual dinnerware to be used. Given that it is likely to be cheap junk that would easily chip, scratch, and break from normal use, you probably should only display it.

• Love 3
On 4/26/2020 at 8:43 AM, Automne said:

The design makes it look like it’s supposed to be displayed in a cabinet and not actual dinnerware to be used. Given that it is likely to be cheap junk that would easily chip, scratch, and break from normal use, you probably should only display it.

I think it's cute. I'm not going to ever buy any of it, let alone display lol.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m starting to dislike the cooking channel.

Do you mean Food Network?  I agree that Ree and her reepeats drive me nuts but I am equally sick of the endless episodes of Chopped which I hate.  Who wants to see a show where they are supposed to come up with a meal using stupid combinations like gummy bears, beef tongue and ugli fruit?  

These days I need me some Aunt Sandy for comic relief.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I'm tired of Guy Fieri being on what seems like 24/7. Sick of Triple D and Triple G.

Can't stand him either.  Where is Ina?  Surely there are shows in the rerun vault they can haul out and give us a break.  How about some Baked in Vermont?  Loved those.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 5

I thought Sarah Ferguson was stripped of her "Duchess" title. I was watching a YouTube documentary (produced by royal biographers in the UK) about her over the weekend and I thought I heard that when she "fell from grace" and divorced Andrew, she also lost her royal title.

I always liked Fergie. I thought she was fun and a breath of fresh air into the stuffy royal family.

Back in the '80s, when Fergie was a spokesperson for Weight Watchers, she gave a presentation at my workplace. One of her hostesses who she was meeting with brought in her MIL's sterling silver tea service to give her a proper English tea (as far as Yankees could!) Everybody who met her said she was lovely and gracious. As her meetings were with departments on my floor, I kept hoping I'd run into her in the "loo!"

42 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I am equally sick of the endless episodes of Chopped which I hate.  Who wants to see a show where they are supposed to come up with a meal using stupid combinations like gummy bears, beef tongue and ugli fruit?  

I thought your were describing Ree's show!

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • LOL 5

Shelter in place makes you do crazy things. I bought the audio version of her book.  There were many chapters devoted to her courtship with Ladd AKA Marlboro Man.

Did her brother Mike pass away? I thought he did - but a google search doesn't confirm.

Edited by chabelisaywow

Yes, you are too old for this! https://www.facebook.com/thepioneerwoman/videos/246352583389764

Yesterday at 9:17 PM ·

Road ballet is my new evening hobby. I’m working on my grand jeté, but it isn’t pretty and I need more time to perfect the art of getting my bottom off the ground. This is a little more difficult considering it is no longer 1987. So here’s a little Waltz of the Flowers. I’m too old for this and I don’t care, which is a nice feeling.

• Love 1
(edited)

What a disgusting grilled "sandwich" she just made.  High in fat and calories-enough to put anyone in a diabetic coma. Instead of saying "holy, holy, holy" it should be "coma coma coma." And I don't believe she cuts her own hair-even  an inch. Wouldn't her hair be very uneven-cutting your own hair is hard to do well. 

Edited by Dineen
spelling error
  • Love 1

I saw a few of her shows today, several in a row. In one of the staying home episodes, she did make a funny joke-the one about her kimono could be used to scare away a preditor.  Although no one should wear that by an open flame. Did she wear that to hide weight gain? I don't know. She was very clumsy in last few show where her kids tape the show. She doesn't do that with her normal professional team. 

I saw a show with Ladd cooking. I wonder about their marriage. The Marlboro woman said that it is not a real marriage, it was more of an arranged marriage because the ranch needed an infusion of cash. That is really a business arrangement, a marriage of convenience, and medieval in my opinion, and for both of them, a tragedy in a way if it is true. I could not imagine being sold off like that. 

I saw a show with Ladd cooking. I wonder about their marriage. The Marlboro woman said that it is not a real marriage, it was more of an arranged marriage because the ranch needed an infusion of cash. That is really a business arrangement, a marriage of convenience, and medieval in my opinion, and for both of them, a tragedy in a way if it is true. I could not imagine being sold off like that.

She said that? Wow.

I remember Marlboro Woman. She had this crazy website where she had Barbie dolls re-enacting life on the ranch. I think Marlboro woman was BSC. She came up with all kinds of weird stuff. She had "Ladd" (Ken doll) having a gay affair with a ranch hand. Then, she had him having a secret affair with a Native American princess who somehow lived on the ranch. The Lucille Ball Barbie doll played Ree. It was nuts. If you think we harsh towards Ree, MM was downright vicious.

She also told some outlandish story that she  won some kind of contest to go to the ranch, but her kids had head lice and Ree uninvited her. I don't even know if that's true and in any case, the decent thing to do would be decline the invitation or ask to reschedule. Head lice is very contagious and all of the Drummond kids had to have been pretty young. 

I believe her website no longer exists. If Ree & Co. sent her a C&D letter, I would applaud.  I don't care for Ree, but sheesh ... What bothered me most was that somebody had so much time on their hands that they would go to such lengths to try to defame somebody. I had to admit that MM did a pretty spot-on job with her make-believe depiction, but enough is enough! Good riddance.

• Love 2

1 hour ago

I remember Marlboro Woman. She had this crazy website where she had Barbie dolls re-enacting life on the ranch.

I think that was a different website, I can't recall the name.  But it wasn't The Marlboro Woman website. Marlboro Woman did not use the Barbie dolls. The doll stuff was kind of funny. I remember reading somewhere that Ladd was romantically involved with a native American girl, and they had a child together, but he did not marry her. I don't know whether or not this is true. It might not be, because if it was true, how could it be kept out of the media? I remember the Marlboro woman lives in Tulsa, so it is possible her extreme dislike was due to a bad interaction with Ree, or someone in her family. So much hostility does not come out of nowhere. People who don't screw with others rarely have enemies.

I remember reading about a different food blogger who was invited to the ranch. I remember she was from the east coast, and had been looking forward to it. When she got there, she was ignored, and said that Ree didn't have much food in the house (!!!!!!!) and that things seemed off. She also said that she could not shake the feeling that Ree "was somehow being used." Now that is interesting. The almost no food in the house when you are expecting company.....HMMMMM. And having kids, and a lot of money. I will try to find the name of the food blogger who wrote that. I do know that it was written a long time ago.  

It was the Pie near woman.  It popped into my head. There is also a different website "The pioneer woman Sux," that was good too. 

The Pie near woman is also on twitter. I will try to find the website.

• LOL 2
(edited)

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

22 hrs ·

Scenes from this Saturday’s “Staying Home” episode, shot entirely by my pookie heads. (Every now and then I check a camera angle to make sure it’s not pointed at the ceiling, but it’s 99% in their hands.) This week’s show is fun, because Ladd, my boys, and my father-in-law show up and an impromptu arm wrestling tournament unfolds. Everything’s a competition, man! (Oh, and swipe forward for the dishes I make, uh muh guh.) Family and food...It was a delicious day for many reasons. I hope you’re enjoying these shows, and I hope you’re doing well. Sending lots of love!

no masks or social distancing I see in the photos. I can't download as I have reached my limit

Edited by Dineen
spelling
  • Love 1

There were three main anti-PW sites: The Pie Near Woman, who used the Lucille Ball and Ken dolls; The Marlboro Woman, who went paywall and then ceased to exist (she had mentioned something about one of her sons getting into some serious legal trouble); and The Pioneer Woman Sux, not too sure what happened there.

• Love 1

OK.  I was mixed up. The website I was talking about was Pie Neer Woman Sux. Sorry about that

That is ok. I'm sorry too y'all about posting so much "Karen" stuff. I am bored being at home so much, and have less too do except surf the net.  Did anyone see Ina Garten this morning? Her chutney and bread pudding looked masterpiece level.  I am watching Martha Stewart-excellent. What I like about these 2 ladies is that they don't pretend to be anything other than what they are-rich tv stars.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Dineen said:

What I like about these 2 ladies is that they don't pretend to be anything other than what they are-rich tv stars.

And they can actually cook.

Ree pretends to be a down home farm girl that is a genius in the kitchen we know every well that she is neither.

• Love 3

I am bored on this very rainy day and did a google search. Saw this about the princess:

The Drummonds have a long history of being cited by police for 100+ mph driving. I guess when you have lots of money you can get off pretty easy and multiple times. Until one of them ends up killing someone and gets sued for millions will it stop. According to an Osage County court clerk in the state of Oklahoma, cattleman Ladd has been pulled over “a total of 25 times” – and that’s just in one county! According to an Osage county clerk, Ree’s license was suspended for six months in 2001 following her failure to pay off a ticket she received for failure to carry insurance

• Love 1

More snark from the same article comments:

One thing is for sure, they're not the best looking women. If I looked like them, I'd get drun

The Drummond's are the welfare queens of the plains. The government pays them over 2 mil a year for wild horses and burros.

A ginger with a forehead that big must go through about two gallons of SPF50 a week in the summer.

• LOL 2

Just what I want to envision... Ree's huge pale feet. Barf! I once watched her make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on her "cooking" show. How is that a recipe? Most of her dishes are things like browning ground beef and putting them on tortilla chips to make nachos, you don't say?! Silly basic stuff. I don't know how she has a show.

You're doing better than me if you made through even one episode. I just can't handle that ugly mug of hers and flip to another channel every ti

Also, tons of cheese and butter, in every single dish! Paula Deen the Second.

I don't know how anyone can stand to listen to that woman talk. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. And a total fake.

I truly do not know how she has a show. She's always making the simplest recipes, like the stuff most of us made as teenagers if we had to fend for ourselves and she's so smug about it. And, the close ups of her face. Please no!

• Love 1

the fake little smile too... lol.

So fake!! I have a few friends with food blogs that are seriously talented and also lovely, self deprecating, hard working and beautiful. I don't know how this woman has a show and these others don't. Fully funded by her rich husband. He's the sexy hard-working ranch hand for sure, but total trust funder. She got her hooks in that and I believe that's the only reason she's on the air. Fake Fake Fake. I love the Food Network so it's on a lot but I change the channel as soon as I see her but not before I watch for a little while to laugh at whatever silly recipe she's about to make. Ooh, brownies. WOW. LOL

The kids seem like nice kids, but their mother, ugh. Phony

• Love 1

Today, which is remarkably up-to-date in terms of Food Network UK scheduling as it usually takes ages for anything "new" to appear over here), we start PW's Staying Home (think that's what it's called) series.  I can't  honestly say that I'm clock-watching in a countdown to 5.30 p.m.!  But at least it's something different...even if the recipes are the same-old-same-old concoctions and/or variations on a theme.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2020 at 2:36 PM, Dineen said:

Just what I want to envision... Ree's huge pale feet. Barf! I once watched her make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on her "cooking" show. How is that a recipe? Most of her dishes are things like browning ground beef and putting them on tortilla chips to make nachos, you don't say?! Silly basic stuff. I don't know how she has a show.

You're doing better than me if you made through even one episode. I just can't handle that ugly mug of hers and flip to another channel every ti

Also, tons of cheese and butter, in every single dish! Paula Deen the Second.

I don't know how anyone can stand to listen to that woman talk. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. And a total fake.

I truly do not know how she has a show. She's always making the simplest recipes, like the stuff most of us made as teenagers if we had to fend for ourselves and she's so smug about it. And, the close ups of her face. Please no!

Ree ,Rachel Ray and Trisha Yearwood I cannot stand1

Why did Ree have to use dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets in today's show?  She is so annoying in her infantilizing of her kids.  These are grown-ass women in college, with boyfriends, and she giggles at the fun of serving them chicken marketed to young children.   I know Ree has a brother with special needs and my opinion is that she grew up in the habit of speaking to him in an upbeat and hyper-peppy way and she just is not able to turn it off. 

On the other hand, whatever daughter was behind the camera today responds to Ree's perky statements with the deadest monotone I've heard in a long time.  Ooof, it was painful listening to Ree sounding like she's on happy pills and her kid sounding like she just woke up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

1 hr · 

I just wanted to let you know that you can bake frozen chicken nuggets (regular or dinosaur shaped; I used both), then top them with a little spoonful of good marinara, grated Parmesan, a tiny sprinkle of Italian seasoning, and a quarter slice of provolone, then broil them until the cheese is melted and serve them on a platter with fresh basil leaves if you want a super elegant appetizer to serve your guests. (Or just a dang snack for your kids.) Bye

this is from her facebook page.  Is she defending her dinosaur nuggets?  Even regular chicken nuggets are not "super elegant."  Does she read this blog? We will never know. I agree that she can be annoying when she giggles and makes stupid jokes and acts like she is on anphetamines.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dineen said:

if you want a super elegant appetizer to serve your guests

Oh my goodness - what a good laugh we are having over this. My husband said nothing says super elegant like a dinosaur. I said I can't imagine the looks I would get if I took something like that to my Fun Lunch potlucks. Our Fun Lunches always have a theme - maybe Redneck Cookin'?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/29/2020 at 9:33 AM, Kohola3 said:

These days I need me some Aunt Sandy for comic relief.

Well, you can watch Molly Yeh's show that aired today in which she made something I think she called a "taco hot dish"? She did saute a couple of fresh vegetables, then added a packet of taco seasoning, ground beef, a can of beans, frozen corn, and a jar of salsa. Then she topped it with a bag of Fritos.

All that was lacking were a cocktail and a tablescape.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1