Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

I make a copycat version of Whole Foods curried chicken salad. Mix in the curry powder with mayo and add a tablespoon or so of Major Grey's mango chutney. To the chicken, add currants and onions (red or green) and toasted almonds. Last time I also added a chopped granny smith apple. The only problem is, I could eat the whole batch! And NO to sugar. 

Oh dang...that sounds delicious! I'll have to try that. I love a sweet and savory chicken salad. 

• Love 3

??????????

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I was surprised the other day by something Ree said on a recent rerun.  She was talking about her football-playing sons and said that Bryce is 6'4'' tall, and Todd is 6' tall.  JEEPERS!!!  I knew they weren't little kids anymore and that they were both into football, but I had no idea they had grown so tall.  Both guys must have inherited the Grandpaw Smith and the Ree Smith genes.

• Love 1

Saturday, as I began spreading luscious melted chocolate atop a foundation of unleavened cookie, my oldest daughter Alex informed me she would be returning to her apartment in Dallas the next day to hunker down there. I got extremely cranky because I thought we were all finally back together as a family again and I like knowing where my baby birds are. Then Paige started telling me I needed to melt the chocolate more. Then they both changed the subject and started singing and talking about the dog. You can hear the exchange here in the background. I wish I had a box of Twinkies right now. Love, Pioneer Woman

• Love 1

I just saw "Sarah's weeknight meals" with Sarah Moulton. Soooooo much better than Ree. Sarah really knows what she is doing, teaches skills. She can make a great, tasty, healthy meal with just simple ingredients. She is a real cook, not a hack. She said she went to French cooking  school. She has a website too, sarahmoulton.com.  She does not need to dump crap like gummy bears and butter on stuff. Ree's show is more a cult of personality and flaunting her wealth. I think Sarah is the best cook on food network.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Dineen said:

She is a real cook, not a hack.

Ree is an absolute joke.  She reaches into the cupboard, picks out random items, and dumps them together.  No thought towards taste profiles, just mix crap together and either extra sugar or something spicy. High fat, high sugar.  Why they are all not dead of heart disease is a mystery to me. 

8 minutes ago, Dineen said:

Ree's show is more a cult of personality and flaunting her wealth.

Amen to that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dineen said:

I think Sarah is the best cook on food network.

I agree Sara is an excellent cook and teacher. Her show Sara's Weeknight Meals is on PBS, not FN. She had a cooking live show on FN many years ago that was dropped. She also worked with Julia Child on The French Chef.

There is no "h" in her first name. Her website is Sara Moulton.

• Love 1

On her social media Ree says about the corona virus "We'll get through this." Another of her vapid platitudes. Now that Trump has extended the quarantine another 30 days, will she open up her Merc and B&B? Is she still paying her employees? Or will they have to file for unemployment? If this continues for a long time, and the economy collapses, and her fans no longer visit Pawhuska, the town will go under, and her stores might close. That is possible, although not likely. I read that viruses cannot live in temperatures 80 degrees F and above, so this nightmare should be over by summer. Let's hope.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:30 PM, peacheslatour said:

Um, the people of India would like a word. It's been in the nineties there for a while.

I have a friend in India and he seriously doubts the numbers they are reporting re the number of cases. They are on lockdown there, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another China. Huge populations squeezed in small areas...recipe for disaster. 

Praying for all of us!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I have a friend in India and he seriously doubts the numbers they are reporting re the number of cases

Does he think the real numbers are more or less than reported? You all are right about the temperature issue. The body is 98.6 degrees, I had forgotten about that. I had read somewhere a virus dies in warm weather.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Dineen said:

I had read somewhere a virus dies in warm weather.

The common influenza viruses don't like high temps or humidity; that's why the usual flu season is during the winter. This, however, is a "novel" virus meaning it has never been seen before and does not follow any type of the rules to which we are accustomed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dineen said:

Does he think the real numbers are more or less than reported? You all are right about the temperature issue. The body is 98.6 degrees, I had forgotten about that. I had read somewhere a virus dies in warm weather.

He thinks the numbers are much larger than reported. I don't remember what the numbers were at the time, but even to me for a country the size of India they did seem small.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Does it bother anyone else that the FN is showing all these upcoming baking competitions featuring tons a of food just being wasted during a world wide pandemic?

I think every network is putting on what they think are "feel good" movies and shows at this grim time.  Hallmark is replaying countless Christmas movies.  I guess it comforts some people.  Certainly not me but different strokes and all.

• Love 2

Happy Good Friday! We were watching the news last night when the reporter said tomorrow is Good Friday. I started to giggle and my husband asked what in the world is funny about Good Friday. I said every time I hear it, it just reminds me of Ree taking hot cross buns to her minister's house and cheerfully saying - Happy Good Friday! on the most somber day of the Christian calendar..

• Love 9

I keep aching for something good to watch on FN. I am continually disappointed to see so many reruns of Ree’s shows. I wish they would rerun some of their other cooks last shows. I’m burnt out on Pioneer Woman. 

• Love 2

Raccoon eyes posts many stupid videos, including this one. She says she is "isolating." But Oklahoma is not under quarantine. One of 9 (I think) that are not. She says she forgot how to use a microwave, which I don't believe. She shows her hair roots. At least she admits she dyes her hair. The eye make-up is bad, too much. 

• Love 1

Just because the governor hasn't issued a stay-at-home order for all citizens doesn't mean it's okay to go out and travel willey nilley. The safest thing is to stay home. The mayors of Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and Norman have issued stay-at-home orders.

She's smart to be staying at home.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dineen said:

Raccoon eyes posts many stupid videos, including this one. She says she is "isolating." But Oklahoma is not under quarantine. One of 9 (I think) that are not. She says she forgot how to use a microwave, which I don't believe. She shows her hair roots. At least she admits she dyes her hair. The eye make-up is bad, too much. 

Redheads, whether real or dye jobbed, should never wear black eyeliner.

• Love 2

Sheesh ... she looks awful with the pale skin, no lipstick and black rings around her eyes. I do like her new haircut though. I don't know if it's an actual haircut or removal of extensions, but her hair looks a lot more natural and healthy.

• Love 2

I didn't see social distancing on her new show. Shame, shame. Also, on the second show, a repeat, she made a "tailgate" lunch for the "crew" which included corn on the cobb covered in some sort of greasy red sauce.  So messy to eat while you are not sitting down at a table. Why can't "the crew" all pile into one truck, and drive to the lodge for lunch. So much easier. 

• Love 1

I was surprised to see Ree doing a quarantine show - I thought that the shows were taped more in advance.  Shallow moment - her nephew is kinda handsome, in a dorky way.  

Who doesn't know about microwave mug cakes?  There are a thousand on Pinterest and the rest of the internet.  I think I'm going to get very very annoyed with her cutesy interaction with daughter Alex, her camerawoman.  I want to see that older son do camera duty, just to see his sullen face and attitude.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Dineen said:

I didn't see social distancing on her new show. Shame, shame. Also, on the second show, a repeat, she made a "tailgate" lunch for the "crew" which included corn on the cobb covered in some sort of greasy red sauce.  So messy to eat while you are not sitting down at a table. Why can't "the crew" all pile into one truck, and drive to the lodge for lunch. So much easier. 

Who else was there - I thought it was just her family?  And realistically, by the time they drive to the lodge and back, they have lost valuable working time.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Who else was there - I thought it was just her family?  And realistically, by the time they drive to the lodge and back, they have lost valuable working time.

I was just being sarcastic about the social distancing. You make a good point about losing valuable working time-I did not think about that!  When she was making that corn on the cobb, and doused it with the sauce, all I could think about was it dripping all over their shirts. And Ladd picked up corn with his bare hands after working outside. Maybe I am too much of a priss.

7 minutes ago, Dineen said:

I was just being sarcastic about the social distancing. You make a good point about losing valuable working time-I did not think about that!  When she was making that corn on the cobb, and doused it with the sauce, all I could think about was it dripping all over their shirts. And Ladd picked up corn with his bare hands after working outside. Maybe I am too much of a priss.

I'm watching on a streaming channel that is offering free services at this time, so of course, it cuts off constantly - so I thought I missed some guests:)  And I'm a proud priss - I would need to wash my hands thru out the day, would want a clean bathroom and don't like food dripping all over myself.  Glamping over camping🤣

Today's coronary quarantine wasn't too bad as it was refreshing to see an unpolished episode. However, an aerial (drone?) shot of the "ranch house" showing how enormous it really is sure dispels the myth of what a humble rancher's wife she is.

• Love 1

I hope everybody had a "Happy Good Friday." LOL. I wonder if she is going to church today. She is not really a Christian, but she plays one on T.V. The ranch house is truly enormous. I am surprised they put that drone shot up there, it might wake some of the reeple up as to how she is deceiving them. 

• Love 2

I don't know about Oklahoma, but churches here in Maryland are closed. We have friends in London. They posted a picture on FB of their 2 girls dressed in their Easter finest, Easter baskets on their laps, watching the St. Martins in the Field Easter service on tv. 

• Love 2

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

48 mins ·

Hate to have to post, but: Please DO NOT BUY any CBD Oil or Keto products that are purported to be endorsed by me. These are fraudulent ads placed on Facebook by entities that are using my name and photo, and they are inventing quotes from me. They are elusive and hard to catch (I sure wish Facebook wouldn't make it so easy for them), and I hate the idea that they would take money from honest people. I put my name behind fun products that make your home and kitchen happier: pretty plates, fun kitchen accessories, pasta sauces, doggie treats, etc. I DO NOT endorse CBD oil or diet supplements, so if you see any of these ads, please report them to Facebook. Love

Take money from honest people...…...her "fun" products fall apart fast so that is what she is doing too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Another fake episode. Ree didn't mail that huge box to Dallas, it is quite obvious that the production crew brought it with them when they filmed her "opening" it and acting surprised. They don't have to come up with corny story lines, especially when it is so obviously fake. To mail such a package would probably cost well over $50.00. Shipping is now so expensive, it is crazy. I see the pillows on Alex's couch are plain, and tasteful. They don't have cows on them, like Ree sells at her "mercantile." Or the kind with each state's logo/motif embroidered on them. She sells one with Oklahoma embroidered in it. I'll bet the apartment was done by an expensive decorator, paid for by mom and dad. And Mauricio was there on a Saturday morning. Maybe they are living in sin, or at least "doing the nasty." Bad for her image of wholesomeness. 

Saturday at 07:54 PM

Money for postage is not an issue. 

I agree about the sugary foods, but that is her speciality! Postage in the country is now so high. Sending a huge "care package" to a college student would be absurd. Many of her reeple can't afford it. Even if you have the cash, it is a waste of money. Just send a gift card or cash in an envelope, a much better use of money!

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

3 hrs ·

This Saturday begins a four-week run of self-shot episodes of my cooking show. It’s sort of like a miniseries, but without the drama and intrigue. Unless you consider my catching a spoon on fire to be dramatic and intriguing. I am enjoying the process of handing my kids the equipment then just letting the cooking chips fall where they may! “Staying Home: Episode 2” is on Food Network this Saturday morning at 10am/9c! Hope it makes you smile (or laugh uncomfortably? Ha.)

Who catches a spoon on fire? Maybe it is a part of her schick to make herself likeable. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Dineen said:

But sold out at Walmart.

Sold out or they just don't have it.  I doubt that's a priority when you can't get eggs, bread, or milk shipped to Walmart.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Sold out or they just don't have it

On her website she says: (Note that it keeps running out of stock, but if that happens, just check back in a day or two as they are replenishing it as they are able!  I can't understand why so many people are buying this ugly crap. All of her dishware looks the same, big flowers, very gaudy, tacky, just too much. There is nothing dainty or tasteful about her stuff. And no real creativity in anything she does. Just big flowers. No original designs. She just throws together more flowers, and I'm sure some of it is stolen designs from years past-she must troll the antique stores, buy an old plate, and viola, a new pattern! 

5 minutes ago, Dineen said:

On her website she says: (Note that it keeps running out of stock....

I call BS on that. No way in hell people are out buying crappy dishware when they can't buy the basics in the way of groceries or are out of jobs.

And I agree, that stuff is as ugly as a pig's rear.

• Love 3

The last time I was in Walmart I noticed that they only had 3 types of her frozen "meals" and there were less than 10 of them total. Not a lot of her crookware either.  I thought then that maybe they were flying off the shelves, but now I think maybe they no longer sell? Her hard-core fans probably bought a lot in the beginning, now do not need any more. She is opening a new store this spring in Pawhuska, she never said what type of store. If the virus continues, and the economy goes into a severe recession, people won't travel to Pawhuska. I wonder if she is highly leveraged, I wonder if her empire will collapse? 

• Useful 1