Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Paradise Lost

• Start Topic

Bye, Stephanie Malick. I'm going to miss you and your nice-fitting white sweater. All I was thinking when SquidWard kissed her was, "Ew, he's her uncle!" Of course, it was a Michael Corleone kiss.

The May-Giyera fight went about like I expected, Giyera's better, but a hard kick in the balls is hard to shake off.

• Love 12

The notched rock would only work if the person looking for it was the first person to pick.

Every person who picked before Malik could have picked that rock. The chances of the notched rock and the black rock being the last two rocks in the bag are phenomenal!

So I don't think there is anyway that Malik's brother could have known that Malik cheated

• Love 8

And Ward violates number 45 on the Evil Overlord List

I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.

Kill Malick's daughter, virtually guarantee that he'll eventually start feeding information to SHIELD. 

The literal CGI SquidWard reveal was laughably bad.

Edited to add:

The notched rock would only work if the person looking for it was the first person to pick.
Every person who picked before Malik could have picked that rock. The chances of the notched rock and the black rock being the last two rocks in the bag are phenomenal!
So I don't think there is anyway that Malik's brother could have known that Malik cheated

The notched rock was the white one, i.e, the "going through the portal" one.  To cheat, you just had to know to feel for a smooth rock. 

Gideon felt around in the bag looking for a smooth black one, and realized that of the two left in the bag, one of them was notched.  He took the smooth one, consigning his brother to the portal.

Edited by mac123x
  • Love 6

Does the logic of knowing the future get goofed this episode because Malik didn't die? This was against everything that happened last episode right? Fitz would not be pleased.

That was a rough ending. I can't even imagine how rough that landing was. I hope Fitz and Mack found some shelter before the plane slammed downwards, those vechicles should have slammed around too.

How many more episodes do we have this season? It feels like we're building to the finale doesn't it?

Edited by SnoGirl

I didn't understand why Stephanie was all "u lied!" to Malick before SquidWard killed her.  Because she found out he was afraid at some point in the past?  Or did Malick tell her about his brother being "chosen" and claim it was such an honor or something?  On that note, I wonder how the secret circle explains its (mostly prominent, wealthy, from what we've seen) members disappearing to the outside world.  "Oh, where's Nate?  He heard Tahiti is a magical place!"

As SquidWard carries the memories of his previous hosts, it'd be interesting to see him interact with Jemma.  I wonder if we'll get to see some flashbacks to the original inhuman (Alveus?).

This was kind of a lowkey episode, but at least now it feels like we're going in the direction of a big showdown.

• Love 2

IMO this show wastes there guest actors by killing them off within a couple of episodes.

Does the logic of knowing the future get goofed this episode because Malik didn't die? This was against everything that happened last episode right? Fitz would not be pleased.

That was a rough ending. I can't even imagine how rough that landing was. I hope Fitz and Mack found some shelter before the plane slammed downwards, those vechicles should have slammed around too.

How many more episodes do we have this season? It feels like we're building to the finale doesn't it?

I think there is supposed to be 22 episodes. Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 3

Eh, not really. Malick was making a lot of assumptions about his vision, the primary one being that it was going to come true that night at the shindig. No vision shows every detail necessary to fully interpret it, though, and the ones it does show can be misinterpreted (as Daisy also found). So all Malick discovered is that his understanding was wrong. He just hasn't died yet.

Edited by justjoan
  • Love 5

Main takeaways from this episode: The Malicks are a family of punks, and "Secret Warriors" only works in print. Say it out loud, and you sound stupid. I know there was a critically-acclaimed book where Nick Fury (the original) ran things, but it's so clunky when it's voiced. I'd rather hear Lincoln talk about how he almost killed his last girlfriend.

• Love 4

I didn't understand why Stephanie was all "u lied!" to Malick before SquidWard killed her. Because she found out he was afraid at some point in the past? Or did Malick tell her about his brother being "chosen" and claim it was such an honor or something? On that note, I wonder how the secret circle explains its (mostly prominent, wealthy, from what we've seen) members disappearing to the outside world. "Oh, where's Nate? He heard Tahiti is a magical place!"

As SquidWard carries the memories of his previous hosts, it'd be interesting to see him interact with Jemma. I wonder if we'll get to see some flashbacks to the original inhuman (Alveus?).

This was kind of a lowkey episode, but at least now it feels like we're going in the direction of a big showdown.

They told us through Dr. Whitehall. The Malick family went all in with religion he was exposed running a game during a ritual to their god.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about Uncle SquidWard when he kissed Malick's daughter. That's your niece, dude!

I feel bad but for most of the episode, I found myself thinking, "But I just don't care about this." It happened during all of the Malick/Ward stuff, the Lincoln/Daisy stuff, the Giyera stuff, the Coulson feels tormented about killing Ward stuff, etc. What happened? Why does it feel like all this stuff is happening but none of it is interesting to me? Maybe I was just cranky while watching it or maybe it just wasn't nearly as fun as izombie's season finale. I'm not sure, but I felt sad and annoyed.

• Love 4

I really liked this, but not showing Hive's face was a major cop-out. The ABC promo monkeys teased it for a week and then they just dont show it! I somewhat wonder if they filmed it but the FX looked terrible so they cut it.

Here's an idea: how about you secure your telekinetic prisoner a little better, S.H.I.E.L.D. crew? You could, I don't know, sedate Giyera? Blindfold him? Shackle him lying face-down? Come on, people! Totally took me out of the episode. Come on, writers! Ugh.

• Love 9
(edited)

Not only did they not tie him down, blindfold him, or restrain him inside his little pod, but no one was guarding him or even monitoring him in any way. Idiots!

Plus we're supposed to believe that he is more powerful than all the other inhumans they have kept in those pods before (including Lash)?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

I think Giyera managed to wedge the seat belt in the doors before they closed them, so that they didn't close all the way. That allowed him to continue using his powers to pry them open. Could be wrong, and that certainly doesn't explain away all of the team's incompetence.

Usually I love this show, but I couldn't have been more bored with this episode. Gideon hasn't done enough of anything to make me care about his backstory or the redemption arc they are trying for. He's a good actor. But the character is better suited as a mysterious benefactor of evil things. It went down hill once they started giving him serious screen time.

Daughter-Malick had all of 10 seconds of screen time before this episode. So no sympathies there at her death, and no sympathies for Daddy-Malick losing his daughter because he's an annoying bad guy. So really, what's the point?

We get to revisit the bad guy that was amazing and interesting and who died too quickly. Whitehall makes it even more obvious how boring and inept Malick is. But sadly, they only brought him back for a bit role that really could have been played by anyone.

Lincoln seems to be the more important character, why did they tell us his origin story? They could have shown that to us, and told us Gideon's. Instead we get a sort of cop out tale about him being a stupid drunk that got in a car crash with his girlfriend in the car. I'm not particularly fond of his character, but if you're keeping him around at least try to actually flesh him out.

Overall a big, yawning meh for me.

• Love 5

The May-Giyera fight went about like I expected, Giyera's better, but a hard kick in the balls is hard to shake off.

That cracked me up - a perfect way to end the scene.

The Aussie loner living in the outback of South Dakota?  Alrighty then.

Powers Booth always plays the bad guy so I can never feel bad for anyone played by PB.

• Love 3

The May-Giyera fight was great, as was Giyera kicking ass on the plane, after stupidly not secured.  What the hell was that about?

Yeah, I thought an Australian living in a cabin in South Dakota was odd.

Lincoln continues to be boring as hell.

I'm glad Fitz told Coulson that he was right to kill Ward.  The softening of Coulson continues to annoy me.

Way to go, Hive Ward.  Kill Malick's daughter to ensure he eventually betrays you.  Hive basically kissing his niece was creepy as all hell.

Props to this Coulson line though...

"So Hydra’s in the oil business, now? It’s like they’re not even trying to avoid the bad-guy cliches.”

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4
I wonder how the secret circle explains its (mostly prominent, wealthy, from what we've seen) members disappearing to the outside world.  "Oh, where's Nate?  He heard Tahiti is a magical place!"

I wondered about the frequency of the ritual.  Once a year, once a decade?  Gideon seemed to know that they were basically providing a sacrifice to keep the Hive alive – why didn’t they just use hobos?  Seems kind of silly to weaken your organization by sacrificing one of your leaders occasionally.

Given ABC's tendency to tie in to Disney movies, shouldn't Whitehall have said to young!Gideon:  "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."?

Eh, not really. Malick was making a lot of assumptions about his vision, the primary one being that it was going to come true that night at the shindig. No vision shows every detail necessary to fully interpret it, though, and the ones it does show can be misinterpreted (as Daisy also found). So all Malick discovered is that his understanding was wrong. He just hasn't died yet.

I might be wrong, but I thought he was wearing a different shirt in his flash-forward death scene. 

• Love 1

Malick's stone swapping scheme wasn't exactly fool-proof. He would need to be the one putting the stones in the bag to make sure his notched stone was the only white one. He would also need to make sure he was not the last person to draw from the bag.  Malick's brother could have busted him when he realized Malick had used his Daddy's stone-swapping trick - - so he wasn't outraged enough to expose Malick at the time. 

So the big dun-dun-dun moment was Skye-Daisy saying "It's time to break out the Secret Warriors!" What exactly makes them so secret? Isn't  the existence of the entire SHIELD organization a big secret these days? 

Coulson's mini meltdown was weird... Tho it would be fun to see Fitz needing to go around the plane having to fix pipes and other miscellaneous things that Coulson has inadvertently applied his death grip to.

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1

SquidWard definitely seems an appropriate name now. And he's not very bright. I guess being mostly on your own for thousands of years would lead to a weakening of your people skills. If you want to keep someone loyal you don't maliciously kill what they love to make a point. If you have a problem with them you kill them and give their position to someone else. I don't know if Malick will start to help SHIELD now (though he probably will) but he's almost certainly going to stop helping, or even start working against, SquidWard because of this.

So, the trick with the stone is you feel the notch and don't grab that stone? Is that it? Doesn't that mean anyone who reaches into the bag would be able to feel the notch on the stone and realize something was odd or different about one of the stones? Even if Malick's dad led the ceremony and was always the first to reach into the bag, so he could feel the notch and make certain he didn't grab that one, isn't there anyone else who ever noticed the fact the stones weren't identical?

Am I right in thinking this is the first time we have ever seen May overmatched in a one on one fight that didn't involve powers? I do agree that not having Giyera sedated and tied (not to mention searched) was rather foolish. No one was guarding the pod, and they didn't have sensors or anything to tell them the doors were not properly closed and were being pried open? And Giyera managed to take the plane by himself? Really? Lash I could buy, but while Giyera's powers make him hard to stop it's only if he sees an attack coming. I did like his 'fight' with Coulson though, he seemed marginally worried until he realized Coulson's hand was mechanical and thus vulnerable to him. 

• Love 4

Malick's brother could have busted him when he realized Malick had used his Daddy's stone-swapping trick - - so he wasn't outraged enough to expose Malick at the time. 

Malick's brother earlier had questioned how they could redeem their family honor after learning that their father had been using the stone trick. So it's possible he kept quiet in order to be honorable. Or that he was shocked, and everything happened before he had a chance to speak 

Coulson's mini meltdown was weird... Tho it would be fun to see Fitz needing to go around the plane having to fix pipes and other miscellaneous things that Coulson has inadvertently applied his death grip to.

Ugh. Coulson's regret was terribly done. At one point he said, "what other choice did I have?" and I found myself yelling, "you could have shot him right away when you saw him, when he still had Fitz. Or you could have just left him behind on the planet. You had plenty of mission appropriate options available to you." 

Am I right in thinking this is the first time we have ever seen May overmatched in a one on one fight that didn't involve powers?

Agent 33 put up a good fight against May. It could have gone either way.

(And I think there was an earlier fight between the two in which 33 incapacitated May.)

The Aussie loner living in the outback of South Dakota?  Alrighty then.

The California high desert has stood in for many places all over the world I don't see why not the Australian outback. But he supposed to be off the grid hiding from Jaiying and has no ideal of the Inhuman explosion among those with no connection to Afterlife.

When Lincoln described him as an Australian mercenary my first thought was no way he is going to be Hunter 2.0

It is starting to bite Coulson's plans in the ass always depending upon Agent May to be able to take anyone in a hand to hand fight. Anyone can be beat be she a Rhonda Rousy, Manny Pacquiao or Melinda May

Edited by Raja

I don't know why, but I was mildly bored with the whole episode.  Maybe I was just tired or I feel like this Show is starting to get old for me.  Well, maybe it's because I miss Bobbi and Hunter.  By the way, anyone knows when they will have the SHIELD spin-off featuring Bobbi and Hunter?

I can't believe I actually felt kind of sorry for Malick.  He's an ambitious, ruthless evil man who fanatically serves HYDRA, but yet he is also a father who loves his daughter.  Powers Boothe did a good job of conveying his absolute fear of getting killed and I could feel his uneasiness throughout the whole episode.  I still despise him for cheating in the "Messenger" ceremony and willingly let his brother be sacrificed instead of him.  I like the scenes between Malick and his daughter Stephanie and I could feel how he really loves her and how she adores him and trusts him to make things better.  When HYDRA/Ward killed Stephanie, Malick looked horrified and very trapped.  The way I see it, Malick will just blindly follow HYDRA/Ward (because he's terrified) and eventually get killed for it or Malick will go running to SHIELD and begging SHIELD to save him.  I could see Malick turning against HYDRA/Ward as soon as he possibly can.

Loved the fight scenes between May and Giyera!  I love Mark Dacascos, like, since forever!  Now that he's looking a little long in the tooth, he seems to be doing a great job playing bad guys on TV shows. 

I'm not too interested in the relationship between Daisy and what'shisname Inhuman dude.  I think they're bland and boring.

I don't know,  I felt like there was something missing in this episode.  The usual excitement wasn't there for me.

Not only did they not tie him down, blindfold him, or restrain him inside his little pod, but no one was guarding him or even monitoring him in any way. Idiots!

Yup. This was BEYOND stupid. They didn't monitor, sedate, remove his clothes, tie his hands behind his back or even just have one of the numerous SHIELD drones watch him? Common!

That would be hilarious. Fitz wandering around the base, sighing in exasperation at every bent pipe, mumbling about reducing the strength of Coulson's hand during the next scheduled upgrade.

Also, Giyera's powers don't make any sense. Why couldn't he just slam May up into the roof over and over until she was dead? Her clothes aren't 'organic' and she's wearing them. Just pick up the clothes with your powers and she will follow. Zap her boots and she falls down. He would even have had time to make those stupid dramatic poses and shout out "Allex Cuisine!" while doing it.

Edited by Jack Kerouac
  • Love 5

I personally loved every minute of it. This remains my favorite TV show at the moment.

Me too. I see comments about episodes as if they are stand alone but I am watching a chapter that is fitting in very well in the larger MCU epic.
  • Love 2

For everyone saying that Coulson's meltdown was weird, I heartily agree. I feel like this is a case where the writers still can't agree on who he is. There's the cold, experienced agent who isn't above crushing a man's chest with his robo hand, and then the soft hearted "dad" who tells corny dad jokes and has trouble letting his favorite daughter grow up. Ideally, this could all be melded together, to make him seem more complex, but I just feel like I'm watching two different people.

• Love 6

Also, Giyera's powers don't make any sense. Why couldn't he just slam May up into the roof over and over until she was dead? Her clothes aren't 'organic' and she's wearing them. Just pick up the clothes with your powers and she will follow. Zap her boots and she falls down. He would even have had time to make those stupid dramatic poses and shout out "Allex Cuisine!" while doing it.

If they're leather boots and clothes made of like cotton and wool they are organic. 

Gideon seemed to know that they were basically providing a sacrifice to keep the Hive alive – why didn’t they just use hobos?

The expectation was that someone would eventually bring the Inhuman back across; you wouldn't want the honor of hosting the god to go to some random drunk, would you?

So for hundreds of years, the super-scary Inhuman was able to be close enough to the portal to find its food supply, but not close enough to get back through the portal before it closed.  No wonder Will was able to outwit it for so long.

It's a little late in the game to be giving Malick layers, and there was no need to fridge yet another female to give him pause about his allegiance.  So I'm not sure what is the point of making Malick's brother one of the sacrifices.

• Love 3

There were multiple things about this episode that didn't make much sense to me.

Hive is supposed to be ancient, and retains all the memories of its former hosts, right?  So it takes on the appearance of Grant Ward and acts like Grant Ward's memories are the only ones it has.  But then it "becomes" Nate Malick and is now considered to be Nate since Nate is the dominant personality right now?  What about the thousands of others it has consumed over the years?

I know I can't be the only one who thought that Gideon's daughter was his wife.  She looks to be about 35 so it would be possible.  When he came home and she welcomed him home, she looked and acted just like a younger trophy wife welcoming her husband from a business trip.  Here's your scotch.

Worst part of the episode was Giyera.  I don't care for Mark DaCaca, I have residual hate of him from Iron Chef.  But where was it ever said that his telekinesis can't affect organic matter?  I guess telekinesis manifests in many forms, but is his truly limited to moving around inorganic matter?  I'm not sure why he wouldn't use his powers to do telekinetic shoves, or to create a shield around himself.

And as mentioned, it was ridiculous how they put him in this box and expected it to hold him.  Fitz could have devised some kind of power dampening collar or something.

Lincoln's story about his dead girlfriend... really fell flat for me.  That's it?  He got drunk and hit a tree and his girlfriend almost died?  And Gordon took them to Afterlife and...... what?  Did she live at Afterlife?  What happened to her?  He was apparently exposed to the mist and became Sparkplug.  What about her?  Did it not take for her and she died?  Why was the normal Australian guy at Afterlife if he wasn't getting the mist treatment?

• Love 3

I don't know why, but I was mildly bored with the whole episode.  Maybe I was just tired or I feel like this Show is starting to get old for me.  Well, maybe it's because I miss Bobbi and Hunter.  By the way, anyone knows when they will have the SHIELD spin-off featuring Bobbi and Hunter?

I don't know,  I felt like there was something missing in this episode.  The usual excitement wasn't there for me.

I had a hard time paying attention. It was a really hard day, but, as usual, I was looking forward to my M:AoS even if it was already 11:30 by the time I was in bed, remote in hand, cinnamon juju bears ready for snacking on my nightstand, ready to watch.

For what it's worth, glad Daisy and Lincoln discussed her ep closing vision, but, even though there was more for Lincoln to do in this ep than there's been in the last five eps, it still was boring and flat. blackwing beat me to it, but I wonder too how DUI was such a big deal that "Crazy!" outback guy used it as the ultimate zing to drive an insurmountable wedge between D & L. Maybe "Crazy!" outback guy just wasn't very quick with the retorts?

Malick and daughter... was I the only one that found her pep talks and martini offers weirdly wife like?

And I was distracted by Nathaniel; any chance that was Joel Courtney playing the little bro'?

The whole thing with Mr. Giyera was so much treading water. My reaction to the whole bit was "Cool. He landed the plane."

The twenty second clip of next week shown on JKL was more interesting than the whole ep.

Oh! And Coulson's Ward angst shared with Fitz; I was ok with the substance if not the timing. I would expect that, in a time for reflection, Coulson would question himself about Ward... but given Hive's reemergence and Hydra making big plays, Coulson deciding to hand wring at that moment was weird.

I miss Bobbi & Hunter... A Lot....

• Love 2

Yes, there were definitely ways to deal with Giyara. Namely a sack over his head until they devised something more inhibiting. I dislike it when capable people don't do capable things in order to advance the plot. Call it, Jurassic World syndrome.

I actually didn't mind Lincoln in the first time in forever. He finally seemed to have some edge to him, and not "I'm a bad ass lone wolf" edge.

I am interested to see what Davy Jones, err Hive's ultimate plans are, and what it means for Brett Dalton.

I'm looking forward to Civil War, but really hoping the plot here doesn't stall out while we wait for the movie.

• Love 1

For everyone saying that Coulson's meltdown was weird, I heartily agree. I feel like this is a case where the writers still can't agree on who he is. There's the cold, experienced agent who isn't above crushing a man's chest with his robo hand, and then the soft hearted "dad" who tells corny dad jokes and has trouble letting his favorite daughter grow up. Ideally, this could all be melded together, to make him seem more complex, but I just feel like I'm watching two different people.

This X1000.

• Love 1

I kept waiting for Giyera to yell "Big Eye Tuna!" or "Ladyfingers"! Then I was so disappointed when Ward revealed his true self and Givera didn't yell "Squid!"

Puzzling how they have these outfits designed to prevent any and all attacks, but Giyera doesn't even bother to wear a cup.

• Love 2

I kept waiting for Giyera to yell "Big Eye Tuna!" or "Ladyfingers"! Then I was so disappointed when Ward revealed his true self and Givera didn't yell "Squid!"

Puzzling how they have these outfits designed to prevent any and all attacks, but Giyera doesn't even bother to wear a cup.

Inhuman arrogance. I guess those of us who know him as Wo Fat II, really have no problem with Mr Giyera

So who all is in the "Secret Warriors" again? Isn't it just Daisy, Lincoln, Joey the metal melter, and Yoyo the speedy yo-yo-er? Are there more we haven't seen?

Perhaps the multiple woman last seen after Lash killed one of her bodies. Outside of Inhumans maybe Deathlok.

Perhaps the multiple woman last seen after Lash killed one of her bodies. Outside of Inhumans maybe Deathlok.

Haha, I was just wondering about Redheaded Multiple Girl and just posted about her in the thread for next week, what a coincidence of timing.  She would be a good asset.

Not sure if I want to see Mike Peterson again.  I groaned every time he showed up.

• Love 1

I agree at the writers' inability to define who Coulson is. I think the meltdown would have worked/been believable if they hammered out his character. And this is season 3, the showrunners should have figured it out by now.

I think the no nonsense suit was way more interesting in the movies and there was room to let him branch out and grow out of it organically. But this? I don't think the writers know who he is. And I don't think they translated that into the TV show. It's the same thing with the actor playing Ward. For some reason, they won't let him go (they had no problems with other characters) and so the show is trying to make Ward into everything and nothing at the same time. If one version doesn't gel they move him into a new project and so on. He's basically Illyria 2.0 from Angel (geez they're recycling Whedon's older projects). His character better finally be gone because where can Ward go from here?

• Love 1

Well in the comics there was Hellfire, Phobos, and Dr. Duird. But those characters weren't Inhumans at all. Instead they were magical/supernatural or half Greek gods.

They introduced Malick's daughter at what, the end of an episode, a few episodes ago, I thought it was a little late to be bringing a new player, and all I was thinking was "You in danger girl."

And look what happened this episode.

I preferred the Malick Family Values flashbacks...over everything else.

They introduced Malick's daughter at what, the end of an episode, a few episodes ago, I thought it was a little late to be bringing a new player, and all I was thinking was "You in danger girl."

And look what happened this episode.

I preferred the Malick Family Values flashbacks...over everything else.

IMO this show loves to bring in guest actors and then kill them off (sometimes literally in the same episode. Like to what happen to the character of Idaho). I am surprised that Iron Chef and Power Botothe's lasted this long.

And the only regular charcater that got killed off, probably for good, was Trip :(

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2

If they're leather boots and clothes made of like cotton and wool they are organic.

And the buckles on her clothes? The little metal rings in her boots? The fillings in her teeth? The problem is classifying the telekinesis as only affecting non-organic matter is just stupid.

This was just kind of a weird, slow episode.  Spending most of the time on Gideon and flashbacks on him and the brother he betrayed, Daisy and Lincoln doing stuff and working out issues, and the rest of SHIELD simply getting their asses handed to them by Giyera (yeah, after that victory, he's earned being called by his actual name instead of Inhuman Wo Fat.)

To be fair, I kind of found some of the Gideon backstory interesting, fun seeing Whitehall again (although Reed Diamond's German accent still cracks me up), and Powers Boothe was great as always, but the whole "SquidWard retains everyones memories" thing could have used more build-up, and Stephanie's death lacked any real impact, since she was only just introduced.  Sure, I will miss seeing Bethany Joy Lentz again (especially since she was rocking the blonde look), but they really needed more build-up between Gideon and her, to make it work.  Plus, it's just a dumbass move on SquidWard's part, because it is way more likely he's probably made an enemy out of Gideon instead.  Would not be surprised if Gideon ends up helping SHIELD out.  I still wonder if that death he saw is really his, and it will be after he betrays him.

I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to finally Melinda and Giyera throw down.  It would be a crime to have both Ming-Na Wen and Mark Dacascos on your  show, and not have them fight.  It was fun, although I wished the directing for it was a bit better (this would have been perfect for Kevin Tancharoen.)  I did find it interesting that Giyera actually was winning even without his powers, had he not got cocky and gave Melinda a chance to give him a well-placed kick to the nuts.  I guess Melinda can be defeated.  Of course, it doesn't matter, since he easily breaks out since they have the worst security ever on that plane.  They really don't have any kind of tranquilizers or ways to render him unconscious for the journey? 

Luckily for Daisy and Lincoln, they were doing their own thing, so they didn't get captured.  So, Daisy's going bring back the Secret Warrior Project to kick some ass!  It will be here, Lincoln, Joey, and.... well, some other Inhumans who I don't even remember their names yet.  Not exactly the Avengers here, but at least it's better then the most recent Fantastic Four, right?

Of course, it doesn't matter, since he easily breaks out since they have the worst security ever on that plane.  They really don't have any kind of tranquilizers or ways to render him unconscious for the journey?

All I can come up with offhand is either that they got lazy (hey, the cage is good enough to hold Lash, what's this guy going to do?) or they were in a hurry (which they were) or both. Did they mention any particular need in the episode to keep him conscious or even alive? Were they planning on using him as a bargaining chip? In any case, after the fact it looks more to me like he intentionally let himself get captured so he could jack the SHIELD jet.

Regarding the dude's telekinesis, there was a throw-away line about how he can move objects in his line of sight.  I think what they're going for is he has to see and visualize the object being picked up, which makes the lack of a blindfold even dumber.  The writers made the "only inorganic material" comment a) to sound sciency and b) to explain why the fights weren't conducted in the nude.

Hive is supposed to be ancient, and retains all the memories of its former hosts, right?  So it takes on the appearance of Grant Ward and acts like Grant Ward's memories are the only ones it has.  But then it "becomes" Nate Malick and is now considered to be Nate since Nate is the dominant personality right now?  What about the thousands of others it has consumed over the years?

They were unspeaking extras, so no memories worth retaining.  Hee

Lincoln's story about his dead girlfriend... really fell flat for me.  That's it?  He got drunk and hit a tree and his girlfriend almost died?  And Gordon took them to Afterlife and...... what?  Did she live at Afterlife?  What happened to her?  He was apparently exposed to the mist and became Sparkplug.  What about her?  Did it not take for her and she died?  Why was the normal Australian guy at Afterlife if he wasn't getting the mist treatment?

Lincoln wasn't clear on exactly what happened, probably because he was wasted at the time, but he did say Gordon the eyeless teleporter showed up, and "they saved her".  I can fanwank that there was a healy-type Inhuman at Afterlife, and either they took mostly-dead girlfriend there, or Gordon brought the healer to the car crash and saved her life, then left her at the scene for the paramedics to find.

Aussie guy was at Afterlife because he was a potential Inhuman.  He was under evaluation to determine if he was worthy of teragenesis, and apparently failed the testing.  We've seen that before, with the creepy little girl that May had to kill several years ago.  The girl failed the test, so she and her mother were booted from Afterlife, but her mom managed to steal some teragenesis crystals and transformed her daughter anyway.