Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Ben Drops Beats

• Start Topic

Prediction: They expand every so slightly on the promo and give us just a teensy bit more footage.  Just before a commercial break they show what is on after the commercial. After the commercial they expand every so slightly on the footage they showed us of 'what is coming up after the commercial' and give us just a teensy bit more footage. Repeat. 

• Love 20

Prediction: They expand every so slightly on the promo and give us just a teensy bit more footage.  Just before a commercial break they show what is on after the commercial. After the commercial they expand every so slightly on the footage they showed us of 'what is coming up after the commercial' and give us just a teensy bit more footage. Repeat. 

Kreskin himself could not have made a more accurate prediction.

• Love 9

Is it wrong to hope that ole Nance loses her job over this?

YES! Just when the faucet starts spouting moonshine YOU want to turn it off.. good gawd what sort of person are you? 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 7

I'm shocked she's lasted this past year. I can't wait until virtual nobodies are left as advertisers. She spins harder than a Kundalini.

YES! Just when the faucet starts spouting moonshine YOU want to turn it off.. good gawd what sort of person are you?

Ben rapping is more like a sip of Wood Alcohol.

• Love 7

May I sit with you? I'll bring alcohol.

Something takes away the rap swagger when you take your baby and accountability partner with you to the recording studio.

Please tell me that someone, anyone, refers to Jessa Blessa as his "baby mama".

I would actually tune in for that.

• Love 13

Since I haven't been hip since 1975, I guess dropping beats is a thing. Since the duggars are the epitome of hip and cool, I can see how this would appeal to the young viewer.

Nothing says hip like bringing your wife and kid along to add to your hip quotient. You go with your backward hat binjermin.

• Love 12

Omg. I watched about two minutes of bonus scene of whatever duggar show was on last week. Grocery shopping? It's not exactly remastered gone with the wind. I'm sure the bonus scene added the missing depth that the original broadcast was lacking.

• Love 7

sometimesy- you are an honest to goodness psychic. However did you know they would repeat every scene....ad nauseam.  

People buy this genre of music? Really?

Jessa looked like her face hurt from pretend smiling and she was uncomfortable. I loved it.

• Love 7

When Ben and Jessa got married, several posters said that he probably has his eyes on a television ministry.  I guess being a minister in the  "inner city" is a good way to start. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2

So much hopeless boring crammed into one hour!

I am at a loss as to why Ben kept referring to Spurgeon's first "full day" of travel. You can drive from Fayetteville to St Louis in a few hours, I can't imagine that it's more than a 30 minute flight. Now Ben wants to be an "inner city" missionary? There are so many things wrong with that . . .

The scenes with JB and J'chelle seem to get longer each week -- by next season they will be back on full-time. I don't mind an occasional episode of JJCO, but I will not watch if the parents are featured.

The scenes with Jill make me sad. She keeps referring to their neighborhood as "the field." By now, there should be at least some feeling that this is "home" and this is "our neighborhood" and these are "our friends." And, of course, it was very scary when they couldn't get the video chat to work for about 30 seconds. 

• Love 10

Jessa was there to "spit bars" Good luck Benny with your inner city mission work because you won't stand out at all....

Oh and I forgot to mention in the preview where Anna mentioned Josh and the looks of pure disgust on the sisters face. Anna don't try and force us to like and accept Josh. Sorry I'm just not as forgiving to Joshua as you have to be. Good luck with that

• Love 16

Jessa's perma grin looks like the one I have to practice when I go for Thanksgiving with the in-laws. The one that says I'm gonna eat your dry ass turkey and pretend to love it for my husband's sake.

Her fake laugh needs work at the improv as well.
  • Love 3

I found it interesting that when asked Jessa said her favorite type of music is bluegrass. When did this family ever listen to any music of any kind?  Also no one in the family could define hip-hop?  Jinger saying "It's different."  And that's it.  How do they know what kind of music they like - they aren't/weren't allowed to listen to any kind that didn't mention Jesus.

Also at Jessa's lunch with the singer's wife, she said something around the lines of how it was good to see how others cultures are different.  Wouldn't most people say how some things are the same?  Example: A friend of mine is Japanese (I am Hispanic).  We are always amazed at how there are so many similarities between us in regards to being daughters, home responsibilities, and respecting elders.  Sure we talk about differences that come up organically in a conversation. But we don't actively point out differences between us. 

It seems Ben has found his "calling"  - again. Being a minister/preacher with an inner city missionary.  WHAT??

So much fake laughing - Jessa looked uncomfortable listening to music and trying to be supportive.

Finally, Jill - clean up your kitchen!  

• Love 15

Someone with a quick mind said that she thinks that Bin is sure that he and Jessa are the Kanye and Kim of the fundie world.

They certainly have the obnoxious famewores who give their kids inexplicable names thing down pat. 

• Love 19

Also at Jessa's lunch with the singer's wife, she said something around the lines of how it was good to see how others cultures are different.  Wouldn't most people say how some things are the same? 

In all fairness, what she said was that she enjoys learning about other cultures. I do too. 

• Love 2

Ummm...like...ummm...like the ladies from India spoke like...ummm... better than the like...the Duggars ummm...do.

Those ladies are first generation Americans and are most likely better educated. 

• Love 7

Flame's not the first inner city preacher he's interviewed. I just can't see Ben with his preppy sweatervest hanging on street corners with the crack dealers and hookers in the inner city I'm from. Sadly, as we saw with Ferguson, etc., many people living in those places have a deep distrust of most white people. I just don't see Ben faring well in that milieu. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

Also at Jessa's lunch with the singer's wife, she said something around the lines of how it was good to see how others cultures are different.  Wouldn't most people say how some things are the same?  Example: A friend of mine is Japanese (I am Hispanic).  We are always amazed at how there are so many similarities between us in regards to being daughters, home responsibilities, and respecting elders.  Sure we talk about differences that come up organically in a conversation. But we don't actively point out differences between us. 

Finally, Jill - clean up your kitchen!  

I noticed the same thing. Initially I was pleased to see that she was at least trying something new, and then she tossed that in -- in someone else, I might not have thought much about it, but it seemed really telling in this context.

And, I agree. We say this all the time about the Duggars at the TTH, but it is true here, too. What does she do all day that she can't clean her house? Caring for a toddler and a half hour of half-hearted "studying" and she doesn't have time to clean (or bathe, or give the baby a bath)?

• Love 4