Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Ben Drops Beats

• Start Topic

I had missed the spring episodes due to work so I've been slowly catching up on them now. One question I have is, how did Ben get in touch with Flame? The same way he met Jeremy? I remember reading that Ben wants to become a minister, so he's been contacting youth ministers around the country. I guess he met Jeremy first, who was interested enough to come out to the Duggar home to meet the rest of the family . (I do remember he was shopping for Jessa's baby shower and I was wondering at the time who he was). I guess Flame is both a rap artist and a minister as well. Is Ben seeking their advice on how to start a ministry of his own?

On April 13, 2016 at 1:37 PM, riverblue22 said:

Maybe the cayenne pepper is sold under a Spanish name and Jilly hasn't gotten that far with her studies.  Surely they have cayenne pepper in El Salvador!

What did they want cayenne pepper for? We know Duggars aren't really into spices or cooking.  Wasn't there at one time some flack they got over the practice of "peppering"?  

On 9/17/2016 at 11:54 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

What did they want cayenne pepper for? We know Duggars aren't really into spices or cooking.  Wasn't there at one time some flack they got over the practice of "peppering"?  

And how can they not find cayenne pepper in Guatemala of all places? Their cooking style is very influenced by Mexican cooking, and with Mexican food, pretty much anything that's edible includes some version of spicy. Totally calling BS on the whole "no civilization" thing.

• Love 2

Maybe they could Google and find the Spanish name for it...it's been cultivated in Mexico and Danger America for thousands of years. Probably since they can't get it powdered form, they think it doesn't exist...processing raw chiles would be a challenge to someone who can't make minute rice.

That one is not difficult.  It's labeled "pimienta de cayena" or "chile cayene" and there is a packet in my kitchen cabinet.  I live near the boarder with Mexico and can get a ton of Central American products here so no being in Guatemala it would be zero challenge to obtain even in powdered form.  Jill and Derick were either too lazy to Google, were trying to find it in a jar in Wal Mart (which is probably is), or were just too dumb to know what they were trying to find. 

3 hours ago, Absolom said:

That one is not difficult.  It's labeled "pimienta de cayena" or "chile cayene" and there is a packet in my kitchen cabinet.  I live near the boarder with Mexico and can get a ton of Central American products here so no being in Guatemala it would be zero challenge to obtain even in powdered form.  Jill and Derick were either too lazy to Google, were trying to find it in a jar in Wal Mart (which is probably is), or were just too dumb to know what they were trying to find. 

Exactly.  Estupidos!  It amazes me how Derick got through college. These two toerags would get lost in a paper bag.  SOS lost money on the deal, using Duggar celebrity to teach them the Spanish they should have already known before they landed. Apparently, they didn't learn much.