Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Ragnarok

After a startling discovery, Abbie and Crane realize what they must do in order to make Pandora's box complete again. Meanwhile, the team works tirelessly to stop The Hidden One, before he destroys all of humanity. Can the Witnesses succeed with the fate of the world in their hands once again?

(edited)

So wait, did they fire Nicole Beharie or did she quit? These producers are pieces of work. I knew they were never going pair Crane with Abbie, but even I didn't expect this from them. How did FOX allow this to happen? It owns the show. Why didn't they stop the producers or fire them when they found out that writing out Abbie was in the cards? FOX must believe that Tom Mison is the real lead and carries the show.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

Wow. I knew there was a possibility that NB would leave the show and they'd really kill Abbie off but I wasn't emotionally prepared for it.

Wow. Just unbelievable.

• Love 2

What a BS episode. I can't believe they ended it like that.

If that was it for the show, they couldn't make the fans happy?

If that is not it and unless Abbie has a twin, I won't be returning!

• Love 3

I just can't right now *tears*

Also ..Nicole better not be off the show if it gets renewed !!

No - she's gone. There is an article on tvline that confirms that she's really dead.

(edited)

Yep. I'm done as well. Even if they get a renewal. NB won't be back. Abbie's soul will be transported into another person who became the witness and I'm betting that person is Sophie. I knew they didn't bring her on for nothing but nobody believed me. Oh well.

This was the worst finale I've ever had the displeasure of viewing.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 13
(edited)

I just don't fucking care anymore. 

I've been trolled for an hour, or, really months if you count the rest of season.

The only thing I hope for now is to hear that Nicole Beharie left under her own steam. I love Tom and his version of Ichabod Crane but the true magic was in the interactions with Abbie. The only reason I care if this show is renewed now, is at least then they will at least have a reason for not delivering on Ichabbie payoff. I'm still not really going to care much. I'm still going to feel cheated.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 7

What in the actual fuck was that?  Apparently I'm not the only one asking this.

Seriously, Abbie's dead?  That's it?  No "I love you" no kiss, nothing?  A freaking headstone when there isn't even a body?  I figured a woman who looked like Abbie (played by Nicole) would get out of the car in the end, but be introduced as someone else.  

The fact that someone else would be playing Abbie from now on ...fuck that. 

• Love 7

So do we know if Beharie is in something else?

So far no, just a confirmation of her exit.

I haven't been this pissed about a finale since How I Met Your Mother. That was some bullshit.

The backlash would've been more intense had most of the audience hadn't already left at this point.

• Love 1

Yep. I'm done as well. Even if they get a renewal. NB won't be back. Abbie's soul will be transported into another person who became the witness and I'm betting that person is Sophie.

Yowie I hope not.....

• Love 2

What BS

They barely have an audience now so who's going to watch without Abby and Crane   I'm out.  I was only watching to see the 2 of them together. 

Agreed, they actually thought that replacing 1 of the 2 leads was a good idea when they're already struggling and barely maintaining an audience as it is on top of the backlash from last season.

• Love 4

I'm done. The show would rather kill Abbie than pair her with Ichabod. The show-runners from last year must be so pleased. Albert Kim was was a party to the two season long destruction of Abbie must be doing a happy dance. FU show, and FU Fox for allowing this to go down.

• Love 7
(edited)

I just read the TVLine article. The way he says that she "is no longer with the show" makes conclude Nicole was fired. What amazes me is that they managed to keep her departure a secret for so long. The finale must have been filmed a month or two ago. Nicole must have booked other work, yet when I just checked her IMDB page, it hasn't been updated.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I just don't fucking care anymore. 

I've been trolled for an hour, or, really months if you count the rest of season.

The only thing I hope for now is to hear that Nicole Beharie left under her own steam. I love Tom and his version of Ichabod Crane but the true magic was in the interactions with Abbie. The only reason I care if this show is renewed now, is at least then they will at least have a reason for not delivering on Ichabbie payoff. I'm still not really going to care much. I'm still going to feel cheated.

"Sources tell THR that Beharie had been unhappy and was actively trying to exit the series for some time."

From twitter.

• Love 1

Nope, nope, nope, not okay!

And the implication that Abbie's job was to be Ichabod's guide rather than her own person . . . I can't even.

**plans to spend the weekend reading every social media post about magical negroes and black women constantly having to self-sacrifice**

FML (and Fox, too)

• Love 23

That sound we all just heard was a gang-slap to the face of every viewer, few as we were, who hung in with this crap fest until the end. Abbie Mills deserved better, indeed. Even if this show is back, I won't be.

• Love 18
(edited)

Agreed, they actually thought that replacing 1 of the 2 leads was a good idea when they're already struggling and barely maintaining an audience as it is on top of the backlash from last season.

Based on what I just read here, Nicole has been trying to leave for awhile. So I'm guessing the show runners are just doing what they can with what little they have left. But that's it for me - there's no show without Abbie and Ichabod together; regardless of if they got together romantically or not.

And on a petty note, was anyone else bothered that Ichabod kept calling the Headless Horseman "Headless", instead of Abraham? Also, where did that head even come from? Didn't it go to the Kindred (who got destroyed by THO)?

And the implication that Abbie's job was to be Ichabod's guide rather than her own person . . . I can't even.

Right??

Edited by Abra
  • Love 8

If Fox thinks that people were watching this show for that incredible founding fathers/phony supernatural b.s., I think they've got another think coming.

Tom Mison is cute but he's not enough to get me to watch this show.

• Love 14

I'm in the same boat as most of y'all. I NEVER quit shows. I'm such a completist that I'll hang on 'til the bitter end even if the joy has been gone for years. But I'm making an exception in this case. If this crapfest does come back for a season 4, then good riddance. As far as I'm concerned, it ended after season 1.

• Love 13