Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Ragnarok

Hang on.  I think we're being played.  The show runners are saying, and I quote, "Nicole Beharie as Abbie Mills is no longer with the show. The character is dead."     Soooo, this doesn't mean Nicole can't come back as someone else, right?   And then have Abbie's soul injected into whoever she may be next, right?

No, Nicole is gone. The problem is Abbie is Nicole Beharie. You just can't swap her soul into someone else and have it be the same.  It's a cheap ass re-casting basically.  And that is what is most infuriating.

Abbie Mills is Nicole Beharie

I would be just as livid if they tried to do the same with Tom Mison. He is Ichabod Crane.

• Love 15

Hang on.  I think we're being played.  The show runners are saying, and I quote, "Nicole Beharie as Abbie Mills is no longer with the show. The character is dead."     Soooo, this doesn't mean Nicole can't come back as someone else, right?   And then have Abbie's soul injected into whoever she may be next, right?   

Quote source http://tvline.com/2016/04/08/sleepy-hollow-abbie-dies-nicole-beharie-leaving-season-4/

If so, fuck them harder. I'm sick of being played.

• Love 3

One of the writers/prod crew was playing up how this was going to be an awesome finale that people were going to be talking about for years.

I can only see it being talked about as an example of how to tank a great show with heaps of goodwill in minimum time.

Assholes. I seriously feel hate. I need to get back to the real world.

• Love 10
(edited)

Quote source http://tvline.com/2016/04/08/sleepy-hollow-abbie-dies-nicole-beharie-leaving-season-4/

I thought the same at first, that Nicole would be playing another character, since "Abbie" was dead, but this quote doesn't look promising:

Nicole Beharie as Abbie Mills is no longer with the show. The character is dead. But we’ve had a terrific run with her. She’s been an absolute delight. She helped build out the mythology of the show, and we’ve had a tremendous run with her.

When they say they "had a terrific run" in the past tense, that usually means the actor isn't returning.  They could have just said Abbie wasn't returning, and left Nicole out of it entirely.  If Nicole was coming back, I think they would have said so.

EDIT: This is the official statement from Nicole's exit interview on TVLine, sorry if this was posted already.

“Sleepy Hollow has been an incredible experience in every way. I loved playing Abbie. It’s been such a gift to have taken this wild ride… Alas, ‘Abbie Mills has done all she was meant to do.’ I’m excited about what the show has in store for us next. I’m rooting for my co-stars and crew… they have been my inspiration, my teachers, family, my friends, over the last few seasons. I want to thank the fantastic producers, writers, and directors who have worked tirelessly to bring this show to life. I want to thank Fox for their faith and support. But, most of all, Sleepyheads for all of your love – what an honor. I will never be the same. Stay tuned.”

Yeah, she's out.

Edited by Amethyst
  • Love 2

I'm still angry at the "fans" who are coming out of the woodwork now that Abbie is dead to claim they will be around for season four. Where have you been the last two seasons?

And the pathos/glibness of the show runners who act like Abbie was some guest actress on the show. She was half the reason you got your measly three million viewers a week. Show some respect to your Nicole and to the intelligence of your audience.

These fans, much like the show-runners have always hated Abbie and her prominence on the show. Abbie was never supposed to be special or loved. They wanted the black side-kick who is app to exist through her white counterpart. The show and such fans treated Abbie and Nicole like nothing because in their minds, that's exactly what she was, nothing. Why do you think Orlando had to go, he called them out on their ish. They were terrified he would talk of the BTS treatment of Nicole that lead up to this episode.

• Love 14

Oh gods. That would be the worst sister swapping in the history of the universe. I can't fathom they would do that. No one would accept that.

I cheered at seeing Headless! but it's all hollow now....:(

It's hollow and I'm sure as hell not sleepy. Between this and TWD, I'm madder than a wet hen at television right at the moment.

• Love 3

Is anyone else having Buffy flashbacks? When Abbie sacrificed herself and got all glowie, I kept thinking of Spike in the series finale. The if-one-dies-another-rises trope was also used by Whedon (and I'm sure others). If you're going to go off the rails, show, at least display some imagination.

• Love 4

I noticed that as well, Suzysite, and I could imagine this crew thinking it would be a great shocker to bring Nicole back as an Not!Abbie Witness.  There's even some precedent, with the Dixon adventurer they found petrified in the gorgon's cave.

HOWEVER

If they are planning this (or keeping the option open on the chance that they can get Nicole back), they have grossly overestimated the goodwill they have with fans.  And by "fans," I mean me.  Unlike Pandora, I don't do abusive relationships.

PS

Lest it go unnoticed, I will point out that tonight's reporting has indicated that the showrunners actually did intend to kill Abbie off in the mid-season finale, but chickened out.  Now, I wasn't one of the fandom members who freaked out about her possibly dying, but I certainly understood their concerns and didn't care for the dragging they received on Twitter and boards.  Looks like they were right to be worried after all. 

• Love 8

The only good thing I can say about the finale is that it's proving to me that my new antidepressant is starting to work. I'm angry, but not as much of a mess as I was 2 weeks ago when Danabbie happened.

• Love 5

PS

Lest it go unnoticed, I will point out that tonight's reporting has indicated that the showrunners actually did intend to kill Abbie off in the mid-season finale, but chickened out.  Now, I wasn't one of the fandom members who freaked out about her possibly dying, but I certainly understood their concerns and didn't care for the dragging they received on Twitter and boards.  Looks like they were right to be worried after all.

Hmm, that is interesting

It is so cruel how we were all hoping for a renewal, and now on the same night that Nicole is leaving the show, the rumors come out that discussions for next season are underway. I can't imagine watching this show without Abbie, or them trying to have her soul in another person. I can't believe this was the rout TPTB took. They were stringing as along the whole time. They must have known for a while Nicole would be leaving and they couldn't give us Ichabbie explicitly at any point?  And the way they had Abbie sacrifice herself again to underwhelming get rid of the HO, it just feels like such a waste. This makes me feel so dumb for being invested in this show in the first place.

• Love 8

I hated how every time someone (Betsy, Pandora) said that Crane loved Abbie, they would then have to explain the statement by adding something non-romantic.

"She has your heart, but...as a friend." "You love her...uh, as a fellow witness." Whatever.

• Love 10

This from the interview:

It’s impossible to not see the love between these two. It’s palpable. The chemistry is there. We always felt it was much more in the vein of a level of intimacy that even goes beyond the physical. And that’s how they pretty much played it from the beginning. Tom and Nicole have been very articulate and instrumental in crafting their partnership and their relationship. They felt much more comfortable loving each other deeply the way we portrayed them than taking it one step further.

What BS. Run like the wind, Nicole!

And this:

Having said that, there’s every reason to hold in your heart that their love is enduring and that the intimacy part really wouldn’t have made that stronger. The looks they give each other, the thoughtfulness and respect they show each other is greater than any love we could ever have conceived. They gave that to us, and we wanted to respect that right to the bitter end.

Could Campbell be any more patronizing to the fans? "There, there, you go right ahead and spin whatever fantasies you want, boys and girls. We know you can't help it if you're too superficial to understand how deep we are."

Maybe this is denial on my part, but I have a hard time believing that Nicole and Tom sat down with the show runner and said, "this is how we want the relationship to go. Enduring love, but without all that messy romantic stuff."

• Love 17

I am sorry, but I never saw the chemistry or a romantic love between the two.  I also always found Nicole's acting a little flat.  Her tone, etc. just always seemed weary.  That's not to say I don't like her, or that I didn't enjoy the show in the beginning, but I think her portrayal always seemed out of place on the show.  Jenny was always a much better fit to me for a witness.  I am just disappointed that even though they were estranged for many years, the end did not show her saying goodbye to her sister. 

Maybe the witness is the new FBI girl. 

I apologize to the Icabod/Abbie supporters. I am sorry you did not get what you wanted.  Neither did I. I wanted the writing to get much better. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Additional thoughts...

I know SH's writers are basically no-talent hacks, but if they can't come up with anything more original than passing Abbie's eternal soul on to Sophie or Jenny, they really will deserve to be cancelled after the series premiere. Good things about this episode: I got to see HH's red-eyed steed again. I didn't have to see any Danny bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a whole new cast (more white people) if renewed. Apparently, the only person safe is Tom Mison, and he's negotiated a reduced work schedule, so who knows how often Ichabod Crane will actually show up?

Edited by taurusrose
  • Love 2

So, if the Box needed an 'eternal soul' as the glue that binds it together I take it that the one used for Box version 1.0 was not that of a Witness. So now that it has been blown up twice there are (at least) two eternal souls out there we might end up meeting. Or am giving more thought to this than the writers probably gave?

A perverse part of me wishes they had been bold enough to go with the tactic usually used in soap operas but not so often in prime time. Like the 2 Darrens or 2 Steven Carringtons just have another actress show up as Abbie next season. I mean, they are already pretty much giving us all the finger as it is.

I do hope TM has been squirreling away his paycheck, the show likely only has one season left, if that.

(edited)

I hated how every time someone (Betsy, Pandora) said that Crane loved Abbie, they would then have to explain the statement by adding something non-romantic.

"She has your heart, but...as a friend." "You love her...uh, as a fellow witness." Whatever.

Maybe this is denial on my part, but I have a hard time believing that Nicole and Tom sat down with the show runner and said, "this is how we want the relationship to go. Enduring love, but without all that messy romantic stuff."

Yes that fucking pissed me off. Godsdammit. It's so curious to me that they just had to limit this. to this love that was more than physical. Well, guess FUCKING WHAT, WRITERS...you can actually have the physical and the spiritual...a lot of cultures call that marriage or bonding you stupid fucks. 

I'm sorry I'm so angry at this bullshit.  Look I'm a shipper but I don't view my shows through shipper goggles. But this is a tired argument that it means just as much if not more to be spiritual partners...well GREAT that stays the same. The sexytimes might enhance the bond and strenghten it too.  But NOOOO you don't dare put the white male lead and the black female lead in the same bed....unless it's the Zombie Apocalypse ...apparently.

If Mison and Beharie had THAT much influence over their characters then WTF happened in s2. I sure don't think they were asking for Abbie to be sidelined. No that shit was all on Goffman. I CAN imagine that Beharie might have wanted Abbie to have more of her own stuff to do without Ichabod in s2 which is fine but no way do I believe they would scuttle a romance because they wanted to make sure the bond was deeper than sex. They are not idiots.  Sheesh.

What a load of shit spinning.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 12

Yes that fucking pissed me off. Godsdammit. It's so curious to me that they just had to limit this. to this love that was more than physical. Well, guess FUCKING WHAT, WRITERS...you can actually have the physical and the spiritual...a lot of cultures call that marriage or bonding you stupid fucks. 

I'm sorry I'm so angry at this bullshit.  Look I'm a shipper but I don't view my shows through shipper goggles. But this is a tired argument that it means just as much if not more to be spiritual partners...well GREAT that stays the same. The sexytimes might enhance the bond and strenghten it too.  But NOOOO you don't dare put the white male lead and the black female lead in the same bed....unless it's the Zombie Apocalypse ...apparently.

What a load of shit spinning.

Exactly. And you know what? They didn't even have to make it a show about sexy times, since this show has never been that. They could have just acknowledged that the marriage fucking already existed, and formalized it! Had them wake up next to each other, implying that they'd gotten closer. Had her seeking him out, when she was having her PTSD, and letting him hold her, and then moved on to fighting the damned monsters! I didn't need them having sex. I didn't even need passionate kisses. I needed them having no room for anyone else! No Danny. No Zzzzoe. No one else. That's what the marriage or verbalization of "I love you" (at the very least) would have given us.

Why did I bother giving a fuck? Seriously. She's dead now. Ichabod's alive. I'll bet that either Sophie's the new witness or they find someone in Abbie's bloodline that just happens to be a red-headed witch that talks in a breathy whisper.

I took the show off my Amazon watchlist. Was going to use my firestick to share it with my sister when I go for a visit this summer. Nope. Not now. I'll get her hooked on "Justified" instead. At least I can promise her a good ending with that one. 

• Love 11

I'm posting some additional info from an EW article; then, I'll stop torturing myself with this and go to bed.  Take everything that CC says with a grain of salt!

Will the new Witness be Sophie or Jenny?  Looks like she won't.

EW:  Is there any chance that the new Witness might be someone already in the world of the show?
CC:  No, there is no chance it will be somebody that’s already in the show.

Wondering just how fucking clueless this guy is?  Here's some delicious idiocy:

EW:  Abbie tells Crane that her job was to carry him forward, and now her job is done. Could you speak about how Abbie gets to this point where she realizes that she’s taken herself as far as she needs to go?
CC:  In the season finale, we revisit some life-changing moments and relationships in Abbie’s life that indicate that her world, her life, and her job have sort of come full circle. Having some resolution in her life is key to one Witness passing on to another, and Abbie’s character has reached that point. It’s important that when one Witness sacrifices for another as she does, that she acknowledge[sic] that her job is done, that she has taken Crane as far as she can, and puts him at the doorstep of his next journey.

EW:  Are you worried that fans might take that line as a way of minimizing her contribution and making Abbie someone who existed to prop up Crane?
CC:  We have talked about that. I can’t respond to how people or may or may not read into something, but certainly it is not what happened. She wasn’t just someone who brought him along. There will be a time, I imagine, in the mythology of Witnesses, when Tom will do the same for a Witness that he’s partnered with. It’s not specific to Abbie Mills or Ichabod Crane. Ichabod was the catalyst for what had been going on in Sleepy Hollow; he wasn’t the reason why it’s going on in Sleepy Hollow.

I'm sorry, but I can't even deal with this!  How can you say, "she acknowledge[d] that her job is done, that she has taken Crane as far as she can" in one breath and then claim, "She wasn’t just someone who brought him along" in the next?  And with that slimy "I can't respond to how people may or may not read into something"?  Dude, we're going on what you put into this crappy-assed episode, not pulling some crazy interpretation out of thin air.

And if we're going to talk about how Ichabod's time to sacrifice will come, can we talk about why it wasn't now?  Seriously, he's been fighting this war at least four times as long as Abbie (even when he didn't know it), in two different centuries; yet, he's got so much more left to do?  And Abbie's work is done after two years, but if we conclude that guiding Ichabod was her only purpose, then we're reading into things.  Okay, whatever . . .

• Love 19

CC:  We have talked about that. I can’t respond to how people or may or may not read into something, but certainly it is not what happened. She wasn’t just someone who brought him along. There will be a time, I imagine, in the mythology of Witnesses, when Tom will do the same for a Witness that he’s partnered with. It’s not specific to Abbie Mills or Ichabod Crane. Ichabod was the catalyst for what had been going on in Sleepy Hollow; he wasn’t the reason why it’s going on in Sleepy Hollow.

This is bullshit.  This is a total retcon.

So when they meant Two Witness bound as partners who MUST PROTECT AND DEFEND THE WORLD TOGETHER..( but really only until one is level'd up by the other? I guess Ichabod missed that in his big decoding brain??

What is this fuckery?

Gods I hate this so much.  They should have either killed both of them or made it clear that Ichabod is on his own now. No more Witness Partnerships for Ichabod.

This whole fucking show has been about their bond as equal Witnesses but NO ...not really?

• Love 14

Additional thoughts...

I know SH's writers are basically no-talent hacks, but if they can't come up with anything more original than passing Abbie's eternal soul on to Sophie or Jenny, they really will deserve to be cancelled after the series premiere....the only person safe is Tom Mison, and he's negotiated a reduced work schedule, so who knows how often Ichabod Crane will actually show up?

- My theory is that they will try to capture lightning in the bottle again and maybe attempt to cast someone new.  Since the show's most rabid fanbase at the end seemed to be WOC and the show was being hailed for its diversity, i would imagine they are going to try to cast another black actress.  I

Of course, if Tom negotiated for a lighter schedule and Nicole is gone is this really a show anyone is going to want to watch?  Already Nicole's fan-base & Ichabbie shippers are fleeing like the building is on fire.  Tom's fan-base may stay but if he isn't going to be on, then they won't be as invested either.

• Love 4
(edited)

What the hell?  Excuse me, I mean, WHAT THE HELL????!!!!

Right up until the end I thought they were going to somehow get Abbie back.  I thought, no, they won't do this to us.  They won't.  But they did.  Remember when I said that if the writing team thought we wanted Danny and Abbie together, or Ichabod and Betsy together, they should get the Most Clueless Writing Team award?  Well, this goes beyond that.  Is there a word that means more than Most?  Most Times Infinity Clueless Writing Team?  Who thought that any viewer would be happy with this crap?

I love Tom Mison, and it grieves me to say that I can't watch the show anymore just for him.  The show needs Abbie.  It was about Abbie and Ichabod from the beginning, and whether or not they ever became romantic, they were a team that could not be split apart and have the show survive.  That's just a fact.

I've seen other shows try to soldier on when it is clear to the viewers that a missing ingredient meant they just needed to close up shop.  I'm thinking all the way back to Chico and the Man, when Freddie Prinze killed himself and the producers actually tried to continue the show by bringing in a younger kid whom the Jack Albertson character insisted on calling Chico.  It was a mind-numbingly stupid move to even try to continue a comedy show with a fucking SUICIDE dropping a pall over the proceedings. 

On a less morbid note, The X-Files tried to go on without David Duchovny.  No, no, no.  If the two main characters aren't Mulder and Scully, played by Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, just close the doors and go home.

And now this.  There just isn't any way the show can continue without Nicole Beharie.  I hope at this point that they just cancel it and that Tom Mison finds another project that will be worthy of his talent.  I also hope to see Nicole again, in a movie or TV show that lets her shine.  But a Sleepy Hollow without Nicole as Abbie Mills is a show I cannot watch.

ETA:  I want to cry.

Edited by Sparkling Beth
  • Love 16
(edited)

I just heard

Stopped watching months ago, but I'm still heartbroken nonetheless.

What a slap in the face, to fans that stuck with the show.

The fandom didn't deserve this, neither did Nicole.

Damn, just DAMN!

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 10
(edited)

WHAT IN THE BLUEDILLY FUCK WAS THAT????!!!!

I'm SO done with this network. This was the only show on it that I watched, so I won't be giving up any other shows.

I wanted to LIKE everyone's posts but used them all up.

FUCK YOU, FOX AND CLIFF.

And I wasn't really a shipper and I'm PISSED.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12

Terrible. I'm so glad I walked away from the show emotionally very early in the season. I was only sticking around to see if they would make Crane and Abbie a couple. I would be so hurt if I was still into this mess. I'm pretty sure it will be canceled - as I said before, I just can't imagine this getting another season. 

• Love 4

One of the writers/prod crew was playing up how this was going to be an awesome finale that people were going to be talking about for years.

I can only see it being talked about as an example of how to tank a great show with heaps of goodwill in minimum time.

Assholes. I seriously feel hate. I need to get back to the real world.

Yea, I'll be talking about this for years just like HIMYM. How horrible the ending is because this is the end for me.

And people wonder why I freak out, when TPTB or writers say "trust me" or "just keep the faith".

Over 2 hours later and I'm still pissed

• Love 4

Seriously. We could even get an I love you. I'm so upset. I kept waiting for something like Crane needed to say it or give her his love or something. Nope. Dead. Then this shitty soul living in someone else? Yeah I'm not here for that.

• Love 6

I think they are hedging their bets. They probably don't know if they can get Nicole to guest star or something, so they want to leave the possibility open.

• Love 2

Well that was some nonsense. This morning I  was thinking, well this is probably the series finale of Sleepy Hollow. The ratings went down the tubes after that Katrina business and couldn't recover. I would like to offer my congratulations on the writing staff that they managed not to bring Betsy Ross back to this century. I know they wanted too. I was surprised the last scene wasn't Betsy in the car with the Federal Agents with her boobs spilling out of her sensible work blouse.

Series or Season finale I won't be watching again. I don't know if Nicole really wanted to leave or not or if she was just playing the game.  I wish her success in her career. Hopefully the next time she is cast as lead in a show or movie she will be allowed to be the actual lead.

• Love 2

I don't even know what to say. It was a good episode. It was. Objectively.

Closure and all of that. Threads cleaned up. But knowing at the last 15 minutes that yup, show's over. Well, broke my heart.

It was fun, SH. Threads all nicely wrapped up. Crane continues on (though I totally expected HIM to die), Jenny goes on, yadda, yadda.

I think the worst was KNOWING it was the end at the 35 minute mark. That little bit of hope, then nope....

God, I will miss Tom Mison to death. Seriously. I know no one cares about him, but I do. I'll miss that brillant chameleon. Best wished to Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie, Lyndie Greenwood, Zack Appelman, Shannon Sossaman, Peter Mensah et all. You all were awesome and engaging characters. Hope to see you soon.

I raise my glass of wine to you.

• Love 16
(edited)

You know the worst part? No more hanging out with you guys. Now I'm just sick.

Ugh - these pills need to kick in and knock me out! I just had my last surgery on Monday for my foot and I have the best painkillers ever... but they aren't helping this pain in my heart, :(

And can I say this has been the worst week ever?!?! I had to watch Carolina lose the National Championship game for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE (every time in my life that they've played in the championship game, they've won until this past Monday), they killed off BC in the worst way and now Abbie in the WORST WAY!

WTH!

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 3
(edited)

As much as I loathed Goffman, at least last year he gave us an excellent final episode that worked as a potential series finale, tied up the season and pushed the reset button. This was just a mess. It was typical of this season though. A lot going on plot-wise, some things I was really excited about and then they were wrapped up in ways that were deeply unsatisfying. The Hidden one's ending, Pandora,  the return of the horseman, seeing Ezra and Jenny mourn (oh right, not really...)

Good Lord, Danny was pointless, he seemed only to exist to get in the way of Ichabbie and I don't only mean the ship, but the partnership as well.

I was at least pleased to see an Abbie and Corbin scene, even if I didn't appreciate the words that were put in Abbie's mouth.

It kind of looked like they just tweaked the events of the mid-season finale and rewrote it somewhat to send off Abbie. 

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 10

You know the worst part? No more hanging out with you guys. Now I'm just sick.

Ugh - these pills need to kick in and knock me out! I just had my last surgery on Monday for my foot and I have the best painkillers ever... but they aren't helping this pain in my heart, :(

I do hope your foot stops hurting very soon. And I guess we all have to look for each other on other show threads. I'll miss the rants and the laughs for sure. :-(

• Love 1

Good-bye, Sleepy Hollow.

What the **** was that?  I absolutely could not believe that finale and it has definitely killed the show for me.  I can’t believe they killed Abbie off and did so in a lame and insulting manner.  Literally killed off and moved to “the next phase” for little reason.  Abbie was a teacher and guide for Crane and Crane was a teacher and guide for Abbie.  They were an EQUAL partnership but apparently the producers didn’t think so.  I don’t believe they ever did.  Viewing Abbie as little more than a partner and not having her and Crane kiss shows how little understanding they have of not just the actual character but the fanbase as well.

If they think they can just replace her with a new witness, they really have a poor understanding of the show.  This show already is a low-rated afterthought and the only reason it might survive is because Fox has little outside of Empire.  I knew this would send the remaining viewers into a fit and boy, did that ever prove to be right.

Nikki wanting to leave might explain some things but I can’t blame her for wanting to go.  The show has been a creative mess since Season 2 and like I pointed out, it’s become a low-rated afterthought on Friday night.  Why wouldn’t she or TM want to move on.

I have so much more I’d like to say but you all have said a lot of it.  I conclude by quoting from Zack Handlen’s AV Club review of this episode…

Really, it betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of who this story is really about. Apparently the writers considered Ichabod to be the lead, and Abbie an important but not necessarily vital element. Sure, there’s some hand-waving about a potential fourth season plot that has Ichabod tracking down someone who inherits Abbie’s job as Witness—taking on her soul, which actually sounds a little creepy if you think about it. But Nicole Beharie won’t be around for that, which is, quite frankly, absurd. I’m not sure if there were behind-the-scenes issues we aren’t privy to, but Beharie’s a critical element of the series. Tom Mison is a fine actor, but without the two of them together, what’s the damn point?

Here's the rest of his review...

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/sleepy-hollows-third-season-comes-frustrating-end-235035

• Love 10

God, I will miss Tom Mison to death. Seriously. I know no one cares about him, but I do. I'll miss that brillant chameleon. Best wished to Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie, Lyndie Greenwood, Zack Appelman, Shannon Sossaman, Peter Mensah et all. You all were awesome and engaging characters. Hope to see you soon.

Honestly, as individual characters go, Ichabod is my favorite. Tom Mison plays him brilliantly and I adore everything he has done on this show. However, Abbie was just the heart of the show. Ichabod always made me chuckle or swoon or anything, but the relationship with Abbie is what kept me coming back every week.

• Love 24

Can I just say how problematic it is to replace Abbie by inserting her soul into another actress' body? That is just terribly gross and problematic... like women are just interchangeable. What sexist, GROSS writing. Not to mention that it completely retconned everything.

Nichole was cast FIRST. Tom had to chemistry read with HER.

I love Tom, but he's not enough to bring me back. I feel kinda bad about that but I can't do it. It feels morally wrong.

• Love 16

God, I will miss Tom Mison to death. Seriously. I know no one cares about him, but I do.

What do you mean, no one cares about him?  I certainly care about him and I'm sure many others do too!  I'm so frustrated that I'm being forced to choose between watching a show with only Tom in it or not watching at all.  He's a wonderful actor and unbelievably handsome.  I want him to be on my TV screen once a week, but an essential spark will be missing and I just don't think I can enjoy watching him while remembering everything that happened tonight.  I feel that Tom is as much a victim of this whole situation as the viewers are. 

• Love 24

So what the hell?

I will admit I stopped watching early in the season. The entire Katrina mess just made me have enough, but I saw the season finale was tonight and decided to watch it. I was not expecting that at all, I was expecting some type of  normal season finale cliffhanger to set up a new season. 

WTH, they killed off Abbie! SH was the blind item of killing off the lead.  

Then they're going to pull a 'The Orignials' and body jump with a new actress playing Abbie. They're insane, I tuned back in for this? 

• Love 4

What do you mean, no one cares about him?  I certainly care about him and I'm sure many others do too!  I'm so frustrated that I'm being forced to choose between watching a show with only Tom in it or not watching at all.  He's a wonderful actor and unbelievably handsome.  I want him to be on my TV screen once a week, but an essential spark will be missing and I just don't think I can enjoy watching him while remembering everything that happened tonight.  I feel that Tom is as much a victim of this whole situation as the viewers are. 

THIS! I love Ichabod. Totally agree that Tom is a victim here too.  He openly said the didn't like the CFD and missed the partnership with Abbie.  I suspect Mison will sign for another season and that will be it.  IMO Fox wants to keep in him their employ so maybe they will try to put him on another show if that's what he wants and kill off Ichabod...which would just be fucking stupid...when they could have killed The Two Witnesses together........

UGH! I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW. Angry for the demise of our once beautifully perfectly quirky show with perfectly cast co-leads.  I don't understand anything anymore.  Fuck Fox.

• Love 13

God, I will miss Tom Mison to death. Seriously. I know no one cares about him, but I do.

We love Tom Mison! If he'd been killed off tonight, I would be screaming bloody murder just as loudly. We love BOTH witnesses. The show doesn't work without both of them.

Dang I'm upset... I really want to cry.

• Love 10

That sound we all just heard was a gang-slap to the face of every viewer, few as we were, who hung in with this crap fest until the end. Abbie Mills deserved better, indeed. Even if this show is back, I won't be.

I have never heard such a big f*** you from a show in all my life. 

Message received, Sleepy Hollow. Message received.

Bye, Abbie. NB, you deserve better.

• Love 8