Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

No, I'm pretty sure the Lord Himself let her in.  You think Zsa Zsa was going to be shown around by the help????

What was I thinking.   But of course, she was shown around by God Almighty.    Not even His son.   The big guy himself.   Although I bet she and Mary had a pretty nice chat.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 4

Hee Haw's Gordie Tapp died:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gordie-tapp-dead-cousin-clem-hee-haw-was-94-957705

Now, I've said before that I have an (admittedly weird, in the case of the latter) interest in knowing about celebrity births and deaths, in part so I'm not caught off guard when someone dies and I don't already think they're dead (it's a huge reason I get so pissed off when certain celebrities deaths are announced YEARS after they have died, and yet they pop off AGAIN and AGAIN later on--as if Google is THAT hard to use, people! *ahem*) . There are many celebrities who died recently who others thought had died, but I knew they were still alive. But every once in awhile, I'm caught off guard, and this is one of those times. It's possible I was aware of he was still alive, but I'm not sure. In any case, 94 is not a bad age to reach at all, and for all of its corniness, Hee Haw did not fuck around in the country music department. RIP. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4

If there's any fan here of French movies from the 1930s to 1950, Michèle Morgan has left us. She's mostly famous for Quai des Brumes, with Jean Gabin. I personally also liked that she had a very long relationship with Gérard Oury, with each of them living in their own place. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Not necessarily a celebrity, but someone who deserves more accolades than I can give, Marion Pritchard has died. She rescued dozens of Jewish children during the Holocaust.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/marion-pritchard-dutch-rescuer-of-jewish-children-during-the-holocaust-dies-at-96/2016/12/20/d5ca50e0-c61b-11e6-bf4b-2c064d32a4bf_story.html

I had heard of her.  God Bless her.  She is truly on of the Angels - on Earth & now in Heaven.

God probably dropped Zsa Zsa like a hot potatoe when he heard of Miss Pritchard's arrival.

SHE deserves the first rate treatment.

• Love 10

As a reminder, this thread is for discussion of celebrity deaths. 

I hate to have to say this but... if someone hasn't died, please don't post about them in here.  It's.. morbid. 

• Love 16

That's horrible, and for it to happen just before New Year's Eve (Russians celebrate Orthodox Christmas, which falls about a week after New Year's Day)?  Just how low are you willing to sink, 2016?  And don't you dare answer that or think of it as a challenge!

ETA:  So what does 2016 do for an encore?  Take George Michael from us at the age of 53.  I give up!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 6
Just now, Enigma X said:

Wow. This year has really reached ridiculous levels of morbidity. 

It's just as I said.  Twenty-sixteen is determined to go out in a blaze of glory, the same way it came in.  And we've still got until Saturday to go!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, legaleagle53 said:

It's just as I said.  Twenty-sixteen is determined to go out in a blaze of glory, the same way it came in.  And we've still got until Saturday to go!

Shhhh... he might hear you.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

It didn't say. But they did mention that he died peacefully. Nothing about it though.

I read that as well. How does one die peacefully at 53? 53 seems like the perfect age for kicking and screaming when death shows up. I'll wait for answers. 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I read that as well. How does one die peacefully at 53? 53 seems like the perfect age for kicking and screaming when death shows up. I'll wait for answers. 

I'm waiting too. That died peacefully stuff is code for "after a long illness" more times then not.

• Love 8

I've never posted but damn 2016 is really just.. there are lists of how many people have died this year and a large number of them George now included were not of an age to o peacefully. I'm still shocked over Florence Henderson given that days before she was sitting in a DWTS audience. 

• Love 6
Just now, Jaded said:

I'm waiting too. That died peacefully stuff is code for "after a long illness" more times then not.

Or even a short one.  My youngest brother got sick with pneumonia in August of 2007 and died in his sleep from it in October of that year.  My mother was the one who discovered him.

6 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

The police found no foul play. 

3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Could be.

• Love 1

This is horrible news. I have been so worried about Carrie Fisher that hearing about someone else through me for a loop. I loved Wham.  

I pray for his family and friends. This is never easy but when it happens at this time of year makes it seem worse.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ShadowHunter said:

I pray for his family and friends. This is never easy but when it happens at this time of year makes it seem worse.

It does. It isn't easy any time of year, but losing someone during the holidays gives an extra little twist of the knife every year.

My thoughts go out to his loved ones right now.

• Love 5

My sister always gave me shit for it, but "Careless Whisper" was my jam.  I wasn't a huge fan, but I liked singing along whenever any of his hits were on the radio. 2016 just can't leave any of my childhood-era icons alone,  can it?

RIP George. Give Freddie a hug for us.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

It didn't say. But they did mention that he died peacefully. Nothing about it though.

USA Today's obit says he had pneumonia in Austria in 2011. Perhaps long-undisclosed AIDS (he was either gay or bisexual, after all)?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/12/25/british-singer-george-michael-has-died/95842954/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I had been taking a nap; Imagine my shock & surprise to awaken to this news. Some of his stuff (mostly solo, I know I had Last Christmas & Careless Whisper & a lot of George's solo stuff; not sure about Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go or most of Wham's stuff) is on my iPod/iTunes, I'll admit (or is it something you have to admit to, like it's a "guilty pleasure", or something?). @legaleagle53, George & I are/were the same age... 53 (I'll be 54 in early July, unless Trump's actions during his presidency somehow keep us from getting that far into 2017). I agree... That's too young; at least compared to someone like Zsa Zsa Gabor, whose passing at 99 I believe we were recognizing here just last Sunday.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BW Manilowe said:

@legaleagle53, George & I are/were the same age... 53 (I'll be 54 in early July, unless Trump's actions during his presidency somehow keep us from getting that far into 2017). I agree... That's too young; at least compared to someone like Zsa Zsa Gabor, whose passing at 99 I believe we were recognizing here just last Sunday.

I'll be 56 in February.  Should I be nervous?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

George & I are/were the same age... 53 (I'll be 54 in early July, unless Trump's actions during his presidency somehow keep us from getting that far into 2017). I agree... That's too young; at least compared to someone like Zsa Zsa Gabor, whose passing at 99 I believe we were recognizing here just last Sunday.

My parents are both 53. I can't think of them as old, let alone old enough to die.

• Love 5

Shit! I knew that when Florence Henderson died on Thanksgiving/Black Friday we'd lose someone else on Christmas. I was scared it was going to be Carrie Fisher, but George Michael?! The singer of "Last Christmas"?! What a cruel irony. 2016 has a sick mind.

• Love 14

So George Michael makes the 3rd male 80s MTV Icon to die this year, behind Prince and Bowie. These things come in 3s,right? Hoping this will be it.

And 2017, don't even think about going for the females. Cher, Tina Turner, Pat Benatar, and even though she annoys the shit out of me these days, Madonna need to be around for a long, long time.  We've already lost too many too soon.

• Love 7

This one pisses me off. I remember when Faith came out, I thought what an achievement it was, he really pulled together a great album. I will be listening to my George Michael greatest hits very soon.

• Love 5

George has his "Freedom" now.

Sounds like the family might've been expecting this from the message of the press release.  AIDS is forefront in my mind, as well, not just becaue he was gay, but the drug usages through the 80s & 90s.

ETA:  Queen Elizabeth missed Christmas church services for the 1st time in 28 yrs due to "heavy cold".

If 2016 goes there, I will drop the damn 2017 ball on 2016s!

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 7