Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That whole "but the looooove each other" crap has driven me batty since I first heard it.  Loving your children should be the absolute bare minimum standard of parenting

I agree with this and the other similar comments. I mean, shouldn't "loving each other" (ew, now) be the price of entry? They sure did get a lot of credit for that supposed love (ew, again).

I always thought they were vile illiterate trash who were overly obsessed with their bodily functions, but this doesn't feel like the right time for an "I told ya so." Very gross and very sad.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 4

Ugh, I used to defend this show to my friends because, although I thought they were a little different, there seemed to be a lot of love there. Now I just feel stupid. 

Let me join you at the stupid's table. Except for the obvious ongoing problems between June and Anna, which could have been about a lot of things, there was nothing but fun and games on screen. 

When TLC started this show after June's Toddlers and Tiaras, I was baffled because I thought she was a monster to her daughter and didn't want to watch. Changed my mind and watched season 2 because a lot of friends told me "they really love each other blablabla", watched and reached to the conclusion that June acted over the top during T&T just to be on TLC's radar.

Even if I never thought June was a good mother, I didn't think she'd won this year's award for one of the most disgusting.

• Love 6

I've read they dated 10 years ago. But aren't dating now. Sorry tlc I call bullshit. Now they're worried about the children's safety? While the Duggars follow a child molester. Double standards? I bet it had to do with money or ratings.

• Love 1

Now there are photos of June and the child molester, hand in hand, shopping for a house together. The photo caption says she's paying. Clearly she is trying to buy this pervert's attention, and clearly he is using her for access to money and probably to children.

I assume he is legally constrained from being near children. Just exactly how did June think the two of them were going to have a life together? Was she planning to foist Alana off on Sugar Bear?

• Love 4

The question for me is whether Sugar Bear knew all of this and did nothing because he wanted to continue with the TV show. I think June used him all these years and he passively followed her lead. I suspect the story of Sugar Bear trolling dating sites was a plot hatched by June to justify her dumping him and pursuing romance with the pervert. But did he go along with it?

I don't think Sugar Bear is very bright. Nothing wrong with that (I have a distant family member with significant learning disabilities who is a lot like SB) but he may not have the best judgment. He has committed his own crimes. And I don't know if he knows how to run a single-father household. Maybe Alana is better off with Anna or the grandmother...

Poor Alana. Her options are to be separated from two parents she loves, and be devastated and angry with lasting trauma (and we all know how that usually turns out), or to be exposed to perverts via her mother's astoundingly poor judgment and lack of maternal instincts.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7
(edited)

Since TLC seldom cuts more than one check per family, I think the rumor that June had the girls' pay go directly to trust was just a misconstruction of when she said she was putting money away for the girls or if she did actually say it, I believe it was an outright lie. 

I don't believe TLC would cancel the show with an entire season already filmed and in post-production without sufficient proof that the allegation was well founded.  TMZ seems to have more proof that they are gradually leaking.  Telling the world that one of the daughters vouches that June wasn't dating the guy is worthless in my opinion. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 2

I agree there's way more to this story. I believe TLC is trying to protect its own ass by cancelling the show. I'm not sure if TLC has done anything to be liable, but I think they want to put tremendous distance between themselves and this sordid situation. They want to control the PR spin.

I cannot remember whether children's protection from financial exploitation is dictated per-state, especially for reality TV. I hope TLC's contracts require that minors' earnings be deposited into a trust account in the control of someone other than family.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1
I suspect the story of Sugar Bear trolling dating sites was a plot hatched by June to justify her dumping him and pursuing romance with the pervert. But did he go along with it?

Most likely June hooked back up that that piece of shit child molester soon after his release, breaking up with Sugar Bear.  They made the decision to stay together for the cameras, much like Jon and Kate tried to do to keep that sweet 'Plus 8' money rolling in.  Like Jon, Sugar Bear couldn't do it discretely and it was caught.

This guy is going to bleed June dry --- and she deserves it!

In this TMZ pic http://www.tmz.com/photos/2014/10/25/june-and-mark/images/2014/10/24/june-mark-gallery-02-jpg/  She has him with her kids!  WTF.  If that's a violation of his parole/probation, then he's most likely going back to prison.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 5

The denials by June are carefully worded. She is denying "dating a sex offender".

Not denying seeing the specific individual named. I have worked with kids who have been traumatized by sexual abuse, and it's frightening how often the mom "stands by her man." It's entirely possible that June is saying she's not dating a sex offender because she believes that he was falsely accused.

And, I wonder if she lost custody of Anna because of what is termed "failure to protect", basically that she didn't report or stop the abuse once she knew about it. Possibly she never believed it, and still doesn't. My experience with this area is that if the guy spent ten years in prison, it most likely as not for a one time offense.

The fact that this happened to Anna at such a young age explains her being sexually active and having a baby so early.

It also makes me cringe when I think of stuff June has said to the girls about guys trying to "get in their biscuit" or however she phrased it.

• Love 8

I've always perceived June as someone who believes she's clever enough to game the system. It worked for her for a while. (I saw how she treated Alana on Toddlers & Tiaras, and she was caught falsifying facts about her government benefits). What astounds me is her and McDaniels' stupidity in openly parading about, in some cases with minors in tow. She's a well-known reality TV "star." I think she just could not resist thinking that she had caught herself a "hot" man, and she could not resist swanning about in public. Her own hubris finally caught up with her.

Her kids will probably support her lies, because that's what young children do when their parents mistreat them. So one cannot believe any of their protestations about June's innocence.

• Love 4

My experience with this area is that if the guy spent ten years in prison, it most likely as not for a one time offense.

One source above reported that he did not go to prison for Anna's sexual abuse, but for molesting another child.  This guy is definitely a repeat offender.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2

One source above reported that he did not go to prison for Anna's sexual abuse, but for molesting another child. This guy is definitely a repeat offender.

From what I have read, that's correct. The grand jury somehow did not indict him for his abuse of Anna but OF COURSE he went on to offend again and those charges stuck.

she emerges

Looking good, June!

Can someone please tell me how someone convicted of felony child abuse is allowed contact with minors?!

What'cha wanna bet June encourages Sugar Bear to move back in? After all, she's now without a steady source of income, and he receives a paycheck.

What's interesting is that depending on her and her children's assets, she won't automatically qualify for government benefits again. They'd have to spend it down before being under the asset thresholds for Medicaid and food stamps.

Can someone please tell me how someone convicted of felony child abuse is allowed contact with minors?!

I hope McDaniels' behavior means a violation and they throw him back in the slammer.

Edited by pasdetrois

I can hear it now..."Well, she only said he did that to her to get him in trouble and the cops were always out to get him because he isn't scared of them and then the stupid judge believed her not him..."

Do child molesters or their apologists EVER do anything but claim they were framed? Ever?

I always thought June had some street smarts, if no other kind, but clearly...no.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 2

What'cha wanna bet June encourages Sugar Bear to move back in? After all, she's now without a steady source of income, and he receives a paycheck.

June doesn't need his crap paycheck. She has tons of money. There is a ton of Honey Boo Boo/family branded junk at stores like Walmart. Even greeting cards. I'm sure all that stuff will get pulled soon though because there's not much demand for a "I'm cutting you out of my life because your back with my rapist" card.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

. I have worked with kids who have been traumatized by sexual abuse, and it's frightening how often the mom "stands by her man." It's entirely possible that June is saying she's not dating a sex offender because she believes that he was falsely accused.

And, I wonder if she lost custody of Anna because of what is termed "failure to protect", basically that she didn't report or stop the abuse once she knew about it. Possibly she never believed it, and still doesn't.

Years ago, I worked as a therapist who provided home-based services in a very poor housing project.  In EVERY case in which the children had been sexually abused, the mother would tell me that she had been abused at the same age as her daughter was.

In my experience, the pattern of women "standing by their man" even when sexual abuse is involved is really very common, and in the families I worked with, the adult women who were doing this had all been abused as children.

I would not be surprised if June has a history of sexual abuse.

• Love 5

I haven't watched this show since very early first season (the pig did me in) but since this news broke I've been compulsively refreshing this thread for news. 

So, 2 Toddlers and Tiaras spinoffs with pedophile ties. Great track record TLC.

• Love 4

If I were Anna, it would be a cold day in hell before that sleazy bitch got anywhere NEAR my baby again, grandmother or not.

What a nasty, vile piece of work she is.

Now I don't feel so bad about snarking on her before and considering her a piss-poor excuse of a mother.  She's worse than I ever imagined in my wildest dreams.

Ugh.

Agree. I always knew she was a skank, but I didn't know she was THIS kind of skank. Find a hole and crawl in it, Mama June. Life as you've known it has officially come to an end. Good riddance, skank.

pics of June, McDaniels, his son, Lauryn and Alanna house-hunting last month:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/25/mama-june-house-hunting-boyfriend-child-molester-photos/

june-mark-gallery-02-480w.jpg

I'm sure the neighborhood will welcome her with open arms, NOT.
  • Love 2

So Pumpkin was not being honest when she told Radar:

“They story is not true. My mom left Mark 10 years ago,” Lauryn, 14, insists. “They haven’t seen nor talked [to each other] in 10 years.”

Girl, you're in the house hunting photos! She's got her kids lying for her. Disgusting.
  • Love 9

So Pumpkin was not being honest when she told Radar:

Girl, you're in the house hunting photos! She's got her kids lying for her. Disgusting.

Isn't that lovely?

Has anyone sucked it up and braved a cyber stroll through the Honey Boo Boo Facebook page?

I did.  Briefly.

Some of her defenders on there, in spite of Anna's statement, make me fear for western civilization.

This horror of a woman/mother/human being actually has people STILL defending her on her page, and referring to this entire debacle as her "personal" business and how dare people judge her.

I will judge this bitch all I want to, thank you very much.  When it comes to child or animal abuse, I immediately don my black robe, grab my gavel, and start judging.  

It was very tempting to tell the majority of her defenders to grab the biggest tub of June's beloved Country Crock they could find, lubricate themselves well, and then shove it up their collective asses.

Their attempts to defend the indefensible honestly made me sick to my stomach.

To quote Sarah Winchester on RHOC, is this the world we live in?  Seriously, where a filthy clan of hillbillies who have the manners of a pack of neanderthals and take pride in their slovenly ways, their willful ignorance and illiteracy, are not only looked up to by some inexplicable demographic, but even child molestation is overlooked and considered to be "personal" business?  

Sad...just really sad.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 21

I guess I would want to ask the June-defenders on facebook this question:

When the man who forced your child into oral sex gets released from prison do you:

A) say " I missed you honey" and welcome him back by buying him a car and then looking for a house so you can shack up with him;

Or

B) say "die you evil prick" and threaten to stick a fork in his throat if he ever comes near you or you children again?

Edited by backformore
  • Love 11

Isn't that lovely?

To quote Sarah Winchester on RHOC, is this the world we live in? Seriously, where a filthy clan of hillbillies who have the manners of a pack of neanderthals and take pride in their slovenly ways, their willful ignorance and illiteracy, are not only looked up to by some inexplicable demographic, but even child molestation is overlooked and considered to be "personal" business?

Sad...just really sad.

Aww, don't lump the poor Neanderthals in w/this slovenly pack. At least Neanderthals knew they had to work for a "living" (I.e. hunting, gathering protecting their clan!

• Love 5

Aww, don't lump the poor Neanderthals in w/this slovenly pack. At least Neanderthals knew they had to work for a "living" (I.e. hunting, gathering protecting their clan!

Good point...I almost referred to them as "pigs" or a "pack of rabid wolves" but didn't want to insult either of these species.

I'm stumped at what to refer to these..."people" as.  Hell, I have the vocabulary of a drunken sailor (thanks, Papa Persnickety!), and I can't even think of a string of expletives strong enough to describe these beasts.  Ugh.

• Love 3

This horror of a woman/mother/human being actually has people STILL defending her on her page, and referring to this entire debacle as her "personal" business and how dare people judge her.

I have no words.

Also, I've never believed for a minute that she has any money in a trust for the girls. She's a lying liar who lies. And trash, trash, trash. It's not about having a poor background, it's about having no values, morals or standards.

• Love 7

'The statement of me dating a sex offender is totally untrue.  'Pumpkin has openly said that I did not, that I've not dated him, and also his son [has].'

What kind of a person uses the (now proven incorrect) statements of kids as proof of her innocence? I can't figure out if she's more ignorant than I thought or smarter than I thought. 

• Love 2

I have seen the show a couple of times while channel surfing. Could not really understand their appeal. I also don't understand how people of this ilk got a TV show in the first place.  I have worked with private investigators through the nature of my work, it would have been very easy to unearth this unsavory situation. It looks like they live in a small town, did no one think to speak to local law enforcement? Neighbors? I lay the blame for this fiasco squarely on TLC. I certainly hope that there is someone who is not inbred that can assume care of the minor children. People that looked at this family as some kind of joke should be ashamed.

• Love 5

People who protect child molesters and the child molesters themselves use kids all the time to prove nothing happened.    And the kids go along with the what the adults want them to say because, well, they're kids.    Remember these types of people are not into protecting kids.   They are into exploiting kids.

She believes she looooooves this guy and he loooooooves her.   What she can't see is how much he is using her.   She thinks this is just the wya it is when you love someone and you have money.   You buy them things so they will stay with you.   

Dad may have his own issues, but at least he is not letting a child molester near his kid and lying about it.   Sometimes the courts have to choose between the lesser of 2 evils.   Or maybe Anna can ask for custody, but that's a tougher case than Alanna going to her dad (but spending a ton of time with Anna unofficially).

• Love 3

I can't get these June people outta my head! Let's use the current child molester as an example for a minute. If his predilection for sexual release is an 8 year old delicate, little girl, there is NO friggin way he is in the LEAST attracted to the blob that is June! First, she's an adult. Next, I've never seen a woman carry extra weight the way she does. Her face looks deformed. I am not fat-shaming, but I am observing and, yes, judging.

McDaniel cannot brutalize a small child for his pleasure then turn around and be aroused by a June type. It's not likely at all. She is such a fool. God forgive me, I hate her for her failure to protect....or, even worse, for her offering up her children as sacrificial lambs.

• Love 12
You know, it sucks now. A lot. She's experiencing an ultimate betrayal. But in the end, distance from that creature may be the best thing for her AND her daughter. Sad, but true. Her mother has shown her true colors. Again.

This young woman deserves a fresh start and a safe life - hopefully filled with love from people she can trust.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 8

Lauryn with McDaniel's son:

Two thoughts: he looks like a charmer; and WTF Lauren?! For all she professes her love to Anna and to be chumming it up with not only Anna's abuser but his son, too?!

Tragically, I think the possibility is strong that, along with the car, the house and cash, June is also offering up access to Alana as incentive to the convicted pedophile to stay with June.

I bet my house this statement is 100% accurate.

And to your later point, totally agree HE has NO INTEREST in ugly, gross June. His interest is in her child -- a kid who is in serious danger.

Two thoughts: he looks like a charmer; and WTF Lauren?! For all she professes her love to Anna and to be chumming it up with not only Anna's abuser but his son, too?!

I bet my house this statement is 100% accurate.

And to your later point, totally agree HE has NO INTEREST in ugly, gross June. His interest is in her child -- a kid who is in serious danger.

I'm going to be that bitch and go there.

Dollars to doorknobs Lauryn and this dude are probably already fucking like barnyard animals...with June condoning it every step of the way.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Lauryn isn't knocked up within the next couple of months.

I'm expediting my ticket to hell, but I truly believe this could very well be the scenario.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

You guys! I only just found out about this. Ironically, my husband was the one to tell me. I am sick. I have no words. I've never thought June was a very good mother because she was lazy and didn't seem to have a vested interest in the kids' health and well being. But this shit takes it to an entirely different level. She is scum of the earth. I can't even say on the internet what I would do to that woman. The tension with Anna now makes so much sense. That poor girl. My hear breaks for her. This is the ultimate betrayal. June is not a bad mother, she's not a MOTHER, period. And I fear for Alanna. I hope CPS gets involved.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 5

Can this bunch be any more dysfunctional? What a sad situation. So glad Anna moved away and I, too, fear for Alana.

I can't understand how this convicted child molester can be around children. It makes me sad and sick to think of what may be to come.

• Love 1