Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ugh, I remember on the old site how so many would defend June in spite of her disgusting ways because "she loves her kids" and I even got banned for arguing vehemently against that notion.

June is a cunning sociopath - everything she does is for June. Sure, she might like some of her people some of the time, but only because of how they can benefit her. She wanted fame and money, and actually succeeded - quite a feat, considering she is not your typical reality TV star.

But she is that dangerous combination of smart and stupid - she's smart enough to lie and cheat her way into getting what she wants, to a point, but she's also dumb enough to let it go to her head and make idiot choices based on her sociopathic selfishness. Her type almost always gets caught. I have always found her disgusting and horrible, and she never seemed to have her children's best interests at heart, and now we know just how true that is.

Too bad she leaves such a long trail of victims.

• Love 12

Please keep the discussion in this thread focused on the posting and analysis of news stories related to this show!

A lot of people have strong opinions about this and civil conversation is interesting and the reason we are all here.

Let's be conscious of unsubstantiated accusations since some of these news stories can contradict each other.  

• Love 1

Heartbreaking:

"A week or so after it happened, I talked to Mama and she was upset, crying and saying, 'I don't believe you, I don't believe you, why would you do this to me?' " Anna says. "And I was like, 'Mama, he did that to me and I can't do anything about it. You were never there to see it you were always at work."

http://www.people.com/article/honey-boo-boo-anna-cardwell-hurt-mama-june-dating-child-molester?hootPostID=1496894b149641788c00c600d04a0539

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

"Not romantically involved."    Yeah you can stretch that one to mean anything you want.   "I just buy him stuff to get him to sleep with me, but we aren't screwing yet, so it's not romantically involved."   And notice Anna says her mother made it all about her when told about the molestation of her daughter.    Mamma wants a boyfriend and her children should not mess with that by going and being molested by said boyfriend.

• Love 4

Heartbreaking:

"A week or so after it happened, I talked to Mama and she was upset, crying and saying, 'I don't believe you, I don't believe you, why would you do this to me?' " Anna says. "And I was like, 'Mama, he did that to me and I can't do anything about it. You were never there to see it you were always at work."

http://www.people.com/article/honey-boo-boo-anna-cardwell-hurt-mama-june-dating-child-molester?hootPostID=1496894b149641788c00c600d04a0539

I read that last night. Sickening. Because a young girl, having just survived a horrible violation, would risk everything to ruin her mother's luuuuuuuuuve life. .

I know who I believe. Not even close.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 1

June plunked down around $25,000 CASH at a car dealership in Macon, GA for 2 used Nissan Altimas ... an '07 and an '09. The pic shows a smiling June with her hand near the receipt.  She bought the older car for someone in her family ... and the '09 for "a friend."  The friend's car was delivered to a home in Decatur, GA which McDaniel listed on his sex offender registration.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/26/mama-june-bought-car-boyfriend-molested-daughter-dating/#ixzz3HFtHqCSR

Heartbreaking:

Wow. Anna looks really pretty in that photo. The story is heartbreaking, but not uncommon when kids are abused by their mother's partner.
  • Love 1

Ah... the worm has turned. When this show first came out and I took exception I was accused of being anti southern, looking down on those less fortunate, etc. I actually began to look at myself and question....But.. I have good instincts! They fooled a lot of people I think for the same reason. No one wanted to be cruel about the Boo Boo's lot in life. Trashy people are trashy people! Mama and Sugar, yes even Sugar Bear, he has eyes and knows right from wrong. They

should get what's coming to them. But the kids don't deserve this. Reaffirms my belief that all humans should be sterilized at birth! Only when they can fill out a questionnaire, even if it is as simple as what I had to fill out before I adopted my cat, should the procedure be reversed and they be allowed to breed!

• Love 9

I am hoping that someone steps in to be an advocate for the girls. I wonder about all the money June is spending, and pray that there really are trust funds with money in them for the girls. If June has spent their money, she should be put in jail as well as her pedophile boyfriend for breaking his parole and being around girls under the age of 18.

I think the bulk of their money comes from the various things they endorse with the HBB name. Someone I know who was on a USA reality program for an entire season was only paid $10,000. Another who was on a Discovery reality show made a whopping $2000 for the season, and some others were not paid at all. Reality TV isn't the huge cash cow people think it is.

• Love 3
How long is it going to take for the police and child protective services to do something? This nut job has clearly violated his parole and June has clearly endangered her children. What are the authorities waiting for?

We don't know the conditions of his parole.  The Georgia Sex Offender page lists that he is not a Predator and "not leveled."  I'm not sure what that means, but since he's "not leveled" that may indicate he is allowed to be around children.

I feel bad for his parole officer who is going to come to work on Monday to a shit ton of messages.

• Love 1

"Mama" June Shannon abandoned Anna to run off with a boyfriend. Sources said June dumped Anna at her grandmother Sandra Hale’s house so she could move into a trailer with her then-boyfriend. Later, child welfare officials reportedly stepped in and awarded sole custody of Anna to Sandra.

"Anna lived with Sandra until…June bribed her with $500 a month to move back in with the family and be on the TV show," said a source. "They thought that Anna's illegitimate teenage pregnancy would make for good story lines for the show."

http://radaronline.com/photos/24-honey-boo-boo-secrets-and-scandals-photos-gallery/photo/625832/

I am hoping that someone steps in to be an advocate for the girls. I wonder about all the money June is spending, and pray that there really are trust funds with money in them for the girls. If June has spent their money, she should be put in jail as well as her pedophile boyfriend for breaking his parole and being around girls under the age of 18.

I think the bulk of their money comes from the various things they endorse with the HBB name. Someone I know who was on a USA reality program for an entire season was only paid $10,000. Another who was on a Discovery reality show made a whopping $2000 for the season, and some others were not paid at all. Reality TV isn't the huge cash cow people think it is.

After season one TLC gave Alana and her family a raise to $50,000 per episode.

http://radaronline.com/photos/24-honey-boo-boo-secrets-and-scandals-photos-gallery/photo/625886/

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

Well, since Radar's source for their information is Parade magazine, I remain skeptical that they're making that much. But if they are, that's what, a million plus per season in addition to whatever HBB crap is being licensed out there? So she throws it all away just for...THAT guy?

Man, there's dumb and then there's WTH. There aren't enough exclamation points in the world...

• Love 4

After season one TLC gave Alana and her family a raise to $50,000 per episode.

Add the merchandising and appearances revenue to that. Even if they made half that it was no doubt considerably more than they would ever see on their own. These buffoons were given the gift of being paid some far from decent wage solely for acting out some foolish scenarios for the cameras.  June could have used that money as a stepping stone to turn around the lives of those girls.   We obviously have different priorities. 

• Love 2

That's very true that both Parade and Radar are just gossip with no foundation.  Basically they are guessing or using internet rumors.  However, no matter if it's $10K an episode (the figure I remember hearing at the time for season two) or $50K, it's super stupid to throw that away to date a convicted child molester who has molested one your own children (aside from how stupid it is to do that on its own).

• Love 1

Choosing a man over your child is disgusting. I'm glad Anna lived with her grandmother. And I wished she wouldn't have filmed the show just for ratings. Sugar bear should take custody of Alana, if he's fit. Are tlc this is what happens when you give idiots a tv show

• Love 1

Some of Anna's personality makes more sense now. She's always been a bit immature and slow, and, unfortunately, that can be a side effect from being molested (I believe there's a theory that a person mentally remains at the age when the molestation happened). Then victims also may go on to be more promiscuous or have sexual issues in their adult life (such as associating sex with love, etc.) It's all incredibly unfortunate that his happened to her, and is only made worse by her mother practically stabbing her in the back by bringing the guy back into their life. Hopefully she takes up TLC on their offer of therapy.

As a note, the show seems to be completely gone from the TLC website.

• Love 4

http://www.people.co...c00c600d04a0539

Poor Anna. She is so messed up. How do you not believe your own kid? I don't care if it was Mr. Ghoulina my kids accused; I would take them seriously and not just cast them off. 

You know, I never watched this show because I liked this family (although I did kind of like SB and Pumpkin). I watched it to snark with you guys. But now I just feel dirty.

• Love 5

How could Mamma give up that much money?   However much it it is.   Simple, any guy -- even a child molester -- is better than being alone.   Some women truly believe that.   And when you never had much money making that much is not real.   It's like being handed Monopoly money.   You have no concept of how to deal with having that much money so you don't deal with it well.   Plus easy come, easy go.   It's the reason a lot of professional athletes are broke 5 years after retiring.   

But I mostly think she was not thinking of doing anything wrong.   After all, she apparently believes he was framed based on what Anna says her reaction was.  So if he is innocent, why should she stay away from him?    And why not use her Monopoly money to buy him nice things so he stays with her?

• Love 2

More photos of June, Alana and Mark McDaniels over at TMZ. In this pic, he's touching Alana.  http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/26/mama-june-shannon-child-molestation-touching-honey-boo-pictures-photo/

I wonder who is sending the pics to TMZ.  McDaniels or his son?

Wow. I know laws vary by state, but he was in prison for ten years! I would think he'd have a probation/parole officer checking in with him and advising him to stay away from children - especially June's children.

• Love 1

I was always skeptical about June saying she put money away in trusts for the girls, especially after the stories of her buying a car for the guy and looking at upscale houses. I really think June doesn't want those girls to better themselves because then they would outgrow her and move on. So I don't believe she has planned for their future by putting money away.

• Love 4

But I mostly think she was not thinking of doing anything wrong. After all, she apparently believes he was framed based on what Anna says her reaction was. So if he is innocent, why should she stay away from him? And why not use her Monopoly money to buy him nice things so he stays with her?

He went to jail for ten years. You don't go to jail for ten years based on just one little girl saying something happened...there must have been evidence.

ETA: I thought I read yesterday that he wasn't tried for abusing Anna due to lack of evidence, it was another girl, but has it been clarified that it was Anna? I thought it was TMZ that said it was a different child, but now I can't find that report. And I've been on TMZ today. Twice.

Now I really feel dirty...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 2

Does anyone know if Mark McDaniel is actually on parole? Is it possible he served his full sentence and was released with no restrictions other than whatever is attached to being a registered sex offender? I've read quite a few reports now, but I'm not sure I've seen anything that confirms this man was paroled.

If some of these latest stories are true, June is dropping an awful lot of money on McDaniel. Other than seeming to be desperate to have a man in her life, I do wonder if June's largesse is her way of "apologizing" for the "false accusations" that June has convinced herself Anna made in 2004. If my conjecture is accurate, what a slap in the face to Anna -- one maternal abandonment after another. I myself would not blame her if Anna is feeling a numbing despair right now.

One thing I personally want to the core of my being is that Alana be kept away from McDaniel and NEVER, EVER be left alone with him! Where's her dad in all this? He needs to step in and step up. I know that Sugar Bear has received public acclaim throughout the life of this series for his basic decency and affection for his Honey Boo. Now, he's got to prove he's a protective, engaged dad by fighting for his child's safety, welfare and future!

I thought I read yesterday that he wasn't tried for abusing Anna due to lack of evidence, it was another girl, but has it been clarified that it was Anna

I posted this a page back: A grand jury heard Anna's complaint and declined, for whatever reason, to indict him. He molested another girl after that. Charges were pressed and that's what sent him to prison for 10 years.

Does anyone know when these house shopping pictures were taken?

I've been following this - could not even stomach watching the show but have seen clips.

While I don't think this man should be allowed near any kids much less June's girls, I don't think he's that stupid as to target them. But I agree that he can't be attracted to June.

He just got out of jail, probably without money or job prospects. He's with June for the Benjamins pure and simple.

There are plenty of non-famous and more attractive little girls around - why go for the obvious? Soon as he milks June dry, he's outtie.

• Love 2

He went to jail for ten years. You don't go to jail for ten years based on just one little girl saying something happened...there must have been evidence.

ETA: I thought I read yesterday that he wasn't tried for abusing Anna due to lack of evidence, it was another girl, but has it been clarified that it was Anna? I thought it was TMZ that said it was a different child, but now I can't find that report. And I've been on TMZ today. Twice.

Now I really feel dirty...

Yes, oldernowiser, TMZ reported yesterday that the grand jury refused to indict McDaniel in the case of Anna's allegations. TMZ also made the actual court document available to read. McDaniel was shortly thereafter indicted for the molestation of a different child, then was convicted and jailed for 10 years.

My conjecture was that June perhaps testified to the grand jury, calling Anna a liar and raising reasonable doubt. The court document is very specific with 8-year-old Anna's detailed testimony, and I believe they would have indicted McDaniel if June had supported Anna.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

I was thinking the same thing, that he's there for June (and the girl's) money and nothing more. He was probably watching the show when he was in prison, and got the wheels rolling.

I can only pray for the girls and for their safety and security in the coming months.

• Love 3

While I agree that McDaniel right now is with June for her money -- and not because he is in love with or attracted to her! -- the fact is he has a preference and predilection for little girls. His 2004 conviction and current registration as a convicted sex offender prove his guilt and culpability.

He MUST be kept away from children! June is playing with fire.

• Love 2

I posted this a page back: A grand jury heard Anna's complaint and declined, for whatever reason, to indict him. He molested another girl after that. Charges were pressed and that's what sent him to prison for 10 years.

Does anyone know when these house shopping pictures were taken?

And I had read on another site that it WAS Anna.

Anyway, generally the way it goes is this - there might be multiple offenses, but the DA will choose the charges that are easiest to prove. In some cases, a plea is reached, where someone pleads guilty to one set of offenses and the rest of the charges are dropped.

I know of some cases where there are multiple victims, but only the case with the strongest evidence goes to trial.

I wonder if he had to report to a parole officer for 6 months, and that's why we're hearing about him now - he's been out for 6 months.

Yes, oldernowiser, TMZ reported yesterday that the grand jury refused to indict McDaniel in the case of Anna's allegations. TMZ also made the actual court document available to read. McDaniel was shortly thereafter indicted for the molestation of a different child, then was convicted and jailed for 10 years.

My conjecture was that June perhaps testified to the grand jury, calling Anna a liar and raising reasonable doubt. The court document is very specific with 8-year-old Anna's detailed testimony, and I believe they would have indicted McDaniel if June had supported Anna.

God, this makes me so sick! june is as much as a monster as he is. 

Doesn't he have to stay away from children for the rest of his life?

• Love 2

I wonder why the story is coming to light now when it's clear that she has been sneaking around with him for a while.

From what I understand, she's been sneaking out meeting him since March.  Last month when Sugar Bear got caught with his internet dating site, the crap hit the fan.  Seemed easy enough for June to introduce McDaniel to the public.  Why go house shopping with him and his son, unless she was planning on buying it for him and living there when she wasn't filming, maybe letting Sugar keep the old house.  Just thinking...

• Love 1

I wonder why the story is coming to light now when it's clear that she has been sneaking around with him for a while.

CofCinci, my guess is the opportunity was there for someone to make money.

When the photo emerged of June in bed with the man in a hotel room, TMZ explained they were at a small party with "others." My basic suspicious nature told me those others saw the chance to make some money and ran to sell the photo to TMZ

I'm also guessing that June's tv success and the windfall it brought her are objects of envy for many people in her small, depressed town. Then, maybe, you couple that jealousy with a real contempt for June's secrets and lies, and the incentive is there to expose, and maybe to make some cash in the process. Of course, though, this is just my conjecture.

• Love 2

Since he was not convicted of molesting Anna, it would be easy for Momma to convince herself that Anna was lying.   And since it was another little girl he was convicted of molested, it would be even easier for Momma to convince herself the other girl is lying too.   After all if her own flesh and blood lies, why should she trust some kid she doesn't even know?  

Worse, since she doesn't believe Anna and it  was some other kid, even easier to convince herself her girls are not in danger.   Yes, people dating child molesters truly believe that their own kids are safe because "he wouldn't do that to me."   

This is all sad.   And as noted above, where is the Dad?   We have heard from Anna and her younger sister, but not Dad.   Perhaps he is meeting with a lawyer and discussing his options rather than running to the tabloids?

• Love 1

While I agree that McDaniel right now is with June for her money -- and not because he is in love with or attracted to her! -- the fact is he has a preference and predilection for little girls. His 2004 conviction and current registration as a convicted sex offender prove his guilt and culpability.

He MUST be kept away from children! June is playing with fire.

The money and the kids. I feel they were probably safer with the film crew around.

I've been following this - could not even stomach watching the show but have seen clips.

While I don't think this man should be allowed near any kids much less June's girls, I don't think he's that stupid as to target them. But I agree that he can't be attracted to June.

He just got out of jail, probably without money or job prospects. He's with June for the Benjamins pure and simple.

There are plenty of non-famous and more attractive little girls around - why go for the obvious? Soon as he milks June dry, he's outtie.

Because she is available to him -- her mother is giving him access to Alana. In my experience with child predators, their victims' "attractiveness" is not an issue. It's the children's age and innocence that count with the monsters. But first they need access. A willing, enabling parent is like gold to the McDaniels of this world. Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 6

De-lurking to express my absolute disgust for what June is doing to Anna and her other daughters.  What a vile creature she is.  I would bet anything that she has been carrying on with this child molester the entire ten years that he has been in prison.  She probably shacked up (or got knocked up) with Sugar Bear so she could be financially supported while her true love sat in prison.  I don't think she really ever loved SB. I  have no doubt she probably wrote to and probably visited McDaniels in prison just waiting for his release, so she could resume what she probably thinks is the love affair of her life.  These child molesters specifically target these desperate, not-so-attractive, single mothers.  Because June now has a dollar or two to make her holler (and another young daughter), McDaniels must feel like he's won the pedophile lottery. 

I don't know if June is just a straight-up sociopath, was molested as a child herself, or what.  Bottom line is she is choosing to be in a relationship, have sex with, be close to the man who forced himself upon her eight-year-old daughter.  Her eight-year-old daughter.  If this were my child, McDaniels wouldn't have even been sent to prison.  He wouldn't have made it that far.  I can't imagine how betrayed and disgusted Anna must feel.  Choosing a child molester over your own flesh and blood.  There is nothing lower on this Earth.

Now she is putting Alana at risk.  I doubt Sugar Bear will go for custody because I believe June has him completely pussy whipped.  How else would you explain Sugar Bear staying with this nasty (inside and out) woman all of this time?  Indeed, I bet she still has a hold over him, and he's too dumb and passive to do anything.  I will also echo what an above poster said in that I bet Lauryn, who learned desperation from her mother, is screwing the son and will probably be knocked up soon. 

The best we can hope for is that Alan gets taken away by CPS, and Anna runs and never looks back.  Pumpkin and Chubbs are doomed.  Let June then rot in hell with McDaniels.

• Love 8

Do you think the molester's son is the one leaking the photos?

Yep.  Molester isn't going to release the pics and jeopardize his meal ticket.  The son is my guess.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

I don't think she really ever loved SB.

Totally. And I don't believe he ever loved her. Their forced "love scenes" on the show were always the most cringe-inducing moments. And I wish the press would stop referring to Sugar Bear as June's "ex-husband." Those two were never married.

And as much as I want to give Sugar Bear a pass here, let's face it, their relationship was for the cameras only, much like the relationship June had with Anna on the show. I have little doubt Sugar Bear knew about the presence of this guy in June's life for quite some time. And I don't doubt they lead very separate lives when the cameras weren't rolling.

Edited by Guest

Do you think the molester's son is the one leaking the photos?

TMZ will pay top dollar for something like this, so it's anyone's guess.

Yes, who knows? My best guess is that McDaniels son was not responsible for the hotel/bed photo because...well, God! That looks like it was a sex party, maybe with booze and drugs and deep fried cookie dough Just surmising. So I don't think the kid would be there. But, hey, maybe Dad feels he's "parenting" the boy after 10 years' absence and offering him a role model and the best that life has to offer? Just Blech.

Now the other pics are interesting. June writing checks at the car dealership; June/McDaniel/ Alana/Pumpkin and molesters son house shopping? I think "fans" at those venues snapped the pix for themselves. Then when the hotel photo came out, others came forward to make a buck. Just my thinking.....Thank you God, I'm no insider!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3