Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Unfortunately I think Pumpkin is trying to please her Mom, even if it is wrong. Poor Anna.

Also unfortunately nothing is going to happen, neither the police or CPS is going to do anything.

The only satisfaction as RealityCowgirl said is that it may hurt June's pocketbook paying for a lawyer. Don't know if June even has enough shame to be embarrassed about being with this guy.

• Love 3

Reading those screen shots from ONTD made me sick. Alanna is in serious, serious trouble. Even moreso because her mother AND sister will enable the abuse and that rapist is under no parole restrictions since he served all of his time. Sadder still, it seems like Sugar Bear the simpleton does not give one crap. Had he, he would have intervened months ago before this all became public.

I'm not sure if what Pumpkin's saying about Poodle is true but good for him if it is! Someone needed to expose June for the piece of garbage she is.

Anyone know when TLC wrapped the last taping season? I know there is one in the can that will never air. If it was past March, TLC HAD to know about what was going on. The family had bodyguards with them at all times--and those bodyguards were likely paid for by the network. They talk.

Is June young enough to still have children?

Of course, she's 34 ! (yup, only 34 !)

A part of that, I think that the only person who could do a great job with Alana, and who seems mentally and physically +/- sane is Anna !

Edited by Diane Mars
Pumpkin calls Anna a liar on Instagram + Says Uncle Poodle is behind it all

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt...l#ixzz3HRGTXCiH

http://ohnotheydidnt...m/91994087.html

Wow, so not only has her mother betrayed her, but now Anna's sister is calling her a liar? What 8-year-old makes up shit like that? And I suppose the other little girl, the one he actually served TEN years for, was lying too? I'm sure it was all a big conspiracy, right? I always liked Pumpkin; she was my favorite on the show. I don't know if I am disgusted by her, or by June - for brainwashing the other kids. 

And all those comments!!! "Stay strong for your family". "Nobody knows your life". "Good on you for defending your family". I really fear for the future of mankind. 

• Love 6

The father of reality star Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' Thompson is gearing up for a custody battle after learning the youngster has been allowed to get close to her mother's convicted child molester lover.  Friends of Mike 'Sugar Bear' Thompson revealed to MailOnline he is worried sick that his nine-year-old daughter has been with Mark McDaniel

Thompson has also only seen his daughter twice since the TLC network dramatically announced on Friday that they were cancelling the series because of Shannon's relationship with McDaniel.

He was briefly at the family home in McIntyre, Georgia, yesterday to see his daughter.  'Mike is all over the place and is distraught that his daughter has had contact with a sex offender,' said friend 'Crazy Tony' Lindsay, who appeared in the first season of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

Lindsay said that Thompson may not have enough cash to bring a legal action of his own as he is now virtually destitute and has been reduced to borrowing cash from friends.

He is living a mobile trailer home that was bought for him by TLC after his split from Shannon.

Lindsay said: 'June has all the money, and he has not seen any of it. He will have to sue for custody and June will not give her up.  'I genuinely worry for the future of that family. Before the show they had nothing, and they are going to end up with nothing.'

Another friend claimed Thompson, who is unemployed, has been forced to borrowing cash just so he can survive day to day.  The friend, who did not want to be named, said: 'He hasn't seen any of the money that TLC paid the family. He cannot even afford to rent his own place and is living in a trailer home with no running water and no electricity.'  Wild turkeys and goats wandered around the unkempt front garden while rusting cars and piles of trash could be seen strewn across the back yard.

When MailOnline attempted to speak with Thompson, 45, a burly friend carrying a loaded shotgun met them at the entrance to his trailer.  The gun-toting man said Thompson was refusing to give interviews and threatened to shoot the MailOnline team unless they left the property immediately.

MailOnline has learned that a member of McDaniel's own family is believed to have leaked the compromising photo that showed the sex offender and Shannon lying next to each other on a bed.  The same family members is also believed to have leaked other photos to the website.

June Shannon, 35, has only ventured out once from her home in McIntyre, Georgia, since her friendship with McDaniel became public knowledge.
Yellow crime scene tape has been used to seal off the driveway to their home in McIntyre.  A security guard who said he was in the employ of TLC stopped media from approaching the house.  'This is private property and you will be arrested if you enter,' said the guard who refused to give his name. 'They are not doing any interviews and they do not want to talk to the press. You must leave immediately.'  

Lindsay, who has known Thompson for over a decade said: 'He is not doing very well. He took the split hard and now this comes along. He has got no money and has taken to borrowing from everyone. He owes me $100 and I doubt I'll ever see it.'  Friends of Thompson, seeing his current state, have asked what has happened to the money Shannon and the family were paid by TLC.  'The family might have been getting $20,000 a week but Mike’s not got any of it,' said his friend Lindsay. 'If he had any money he would not need to go round borrowing cash. It was Shannon who signed all the contract and she gets the money.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2810159/Honey-Boo-Boo-s-distraught-father-launch-custody-battle-nine-year-old-s-mother-Mama-June-lets-child-molester-lover-close-daughter.html#ixzz3HRbejdAw

• Love 1

And all those comments!!! "Stay strong for your family". "Nobody knows your life". "Good on you for defending your family". I really fear for the future of mankind.

Right?!? WTF?! I don't understand those people. Look, I was a fan of the show and the family, too. I get it. But I was DUPED like everyone else. Just because I enjoyed the show doesn't mean I get to defend the most heinous behavior to salvage my own ego. Jesus Christ. I swear if John Wayne Gacy rose from the dead and started an Instagram page, he'd have hundreds of people telling him to stay strong and blaming his crimes on a wronged family member.

ETA:

Lindsay said: 'June has all the money, and he has not seen any of it.

One of the many reasons June didn't want to "marry" him. Way to go, lady grifter. Edited by Guest

Uncle Poodle and Pumpkin going at it:

In a series of posts on his public Facebook page, Thompson, known as “Uncle Poodle” on the show, accused his brother’s former partner of cheating on Sugar Bear with the ex-con.

Uncle Poodle:
“Why not just be honest for a change?” he posted. “You may try to bash me or dig up old dirt but honestly none of it compares to how you have treated my brother and allowed a convicted child molester who molested your oldest daughter to be around your 14 and 9-year-olds.  “Then you tell me if I step foot on your property you’d call the police on me for trespassing after I told my brother EVERYTHING with photographic evidence …It’s not anyone else but you who (bleeped) up, then lied and had your 14-year-old lie as well. And now you can’t get out of that hole you dug, so don’t blame me for YOUR problems.”

Pumpkin;

“THIS HERE IS UNCLE POODLE AND HIS MAN. THEY ARE UPSET BC THE SHOW WAS CANCELLED AND THEY NO LONGER HAVE MONEY. THEY HAVE BEEN SELLING FALSE STORIES AND MAKING MONEY. HE TOLD ME EARLIER TODAY THAT HE HOPED MY MOM GOT CANCER AND DIED OF A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH. GET THIS HE IS 30 YEARS OLD TELLING A 14 YEAR OLD THIS. EVERY STORY THATS OUT RIGHT NOW HE HAS PUT OUT AND ITS ALL FALSE. HE JUST THINKS IT ALL FUN AND GAMES SELLING FAMILY OUT BUT KARMA IS A BITCH TRUST ME I KNOW HER PERSONALLY. SO IMMA SIT BACK AND LAUGH BC WHEN THE TRUTH COMES OUT YOUR (bleeped).”

Uncle Poodle:

“I guess the truth hurts I mean y’all two just tell the truth and stop lying but guess that’s what you two are good for.”

June accused Poodle of selling information to TMZ in an angry message that he posted on his Facebook page: “It’s Uncle Poodle selling all these stories cause his gravy train has ran out.”

Uncle Poodle:

“June and Pumpkin are pissed because they was caught up in a lie,” he posted. “I never sold a story.” 

On Tuesday morning, he posted a new message saying he is moving on. He’d removed all the back-and-forth and replaced it with this:

“Cleaned up my page a bit, venting over, new day, start fresh…after a shower! No more about June and them, talked to a really good friend and she was right, let it all go there’s nothing I can do about it. Just worry about me and mine and don’t worry about them. I love all them regardless of the situation, all I can hope for is right choices and to be frank we have all made bad ones this year. You live, you learn, just let go and relax. Hope everyone has a great day!”

http://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2014/10/27/honey-boo-boo-family-squabbles-online-following-show-cancellation/

• Love 2

I'm calling bullshit on the no money for dad thing.   If he and Mamma were not married then he had his own separate contract with TLC.    THLC has a raft of lawyers to make sure all the contracts are on the up and up and protect the network to a fare thee well.   THey are not going to be so stupid as to only have one adult sign the contracts for everyone.  Could he have been duped into signing it all into the "trust" that Mamma established?   Maybe.   Or he spent it like there was no tomorrow because the gravy train never pulls into the final station does it?  

ANd dude if you are broke and facing a custody battle -- get a J.O.B.   Even if it's odd jobs for friends.   If someone has $100 to loan you, they can pay you to rake leaves or clean out the garage.   Because despite what I said about having to choose between a loser and child molester lover, you do have to put some effort into proving you can be a good parent.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 1

I'm glad Uncle Poodle is speaking out. Someone should. But he should refrain from getting into arguments with a 14-year-old. 

I feel badly for SB. He was the one working all those years, until he became sick. He should have been smarter - set up separate accounts, insisted on his share of the money. June really did him dirty, and that's no surprise. It's really a shame if he doesn't even have the means to fight for his daughter. He's not the brightest or classiest dude in the world, but I always thought there was a real sweet bond between him and Alana, and I do not think he would put her in danger the way June is.

• Love 3

I had a horrible thought last night... Child Molester wasn't charged or convicted for his abuse of Anna. Apparently he is not restricted from being near children. As horrible as that sounds I think it's probably true both from articles linked here and since there is pictorial evidence all over the place and he isn't back in jail he is either allowed near children or he has the most oblivious parole officer on the planet. So legally speaking he is not violating parole to be near Mama June's kids. He isn't breaking any kind of law. Can they still take Mama June's kids away from her? I hope to God the answer is yes but I'm worried that this will be one of those insane legal loopholes. 

• Love 2

Bringing this over here, because it's not actually about a specific media mention?

I feel really quite sorry for Alana. She's so used to soaking up all of the attention from everyone and being in the spotlight and overnight it's just...gone. June is no doubt lying to her about why it happened and why all of her television friends are gone. Her dad is out of the house. I'd doubt Anna is in her life at all at this point.

Overnight, it's all gone and she's left with her pissed-off mom, Pumpkin, and this new guy she doesn't know and his son. The money will soon be gone.

She'll be confused, lonely and craving attention...perfect fodder for abuse of all kinds.

Mama June has a lot to answer for.

• Love 4

To be honest, I’m not sure I’d trust TLC to make sure there were separate contracts for all the adults or even that all the adults got specific contracts. There have been a number of issues or allegations regarding relatives that appear on various shows for free or pennies. And then there’s issues with minors who become adults not getting their own contracts or not being able to decide to have that money so somewhere separately. Alana (and to a lesser extent June) were the alleged main attractions of this show when it started because of T&T and extreme couponing. 

So its not completely out of the question that June was the only one getting paid or the one that had the bank account that she informally “shared” with him that they put both salaries into. Of course that would be a monumentally stupid arrangement for Sugarbear to agree to, but he isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

Of course its also very much not out of the question that he’s blown everything he ever got out of the show either.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
So its not completely out of the question that June was the only one getting paid or the one that had the bank account that she informally “shared” with him that they put both salaries into. Of course that would be a monumentally stupid arrangement for Sugarbear to agree to, but he isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

The latter is how I see it. June ran that family. He just did as he was told. I can see her making him put all of his money into a joint account, and her only giving him an allowance. Then, as soon as they split, she could have drained whatever (if anything) was in the account. All speculation, of course. But yea, Sugar Bear is kind of dumb and he was also very much willing to just go along with whatever June said. 

• Love 2

I can believe that SB had no contract.  That's actually typical of TLC.  They will allow people to voluntarily appear on the show without payment.  They've done that for years.

From what little info is available, TLC's modus operandi is to cut a single check for the "family".  Marriage matters not to them.  Example the Kody Brown family, three of the four "wives" aren't really legally married but it appears they get a single payment.  Also, a season or so ago on SW, the older kids were featured with their friends and at least one of the friend's parents tweeted that his daughter did not receive any payment for her appearance on the show.

• Love 2

I not only think that Pumpkin is running her mouth to please Mama June, I think June is actively encourgaging Pumpkin's bullshit and feeding her lies to parrot online.  The stupid thing is is that I think June actually thinks saying everyone else is lying is going to make TLC and the public change their minds, Mama does seem so deluded as to believe if she schemes and lies enough that everything will work out in her favor.

It will be really too bad if Georgia child services can't do anything about this.  Pumpkin needs to be deprogrammed and Honey Boo Boo is that same age her oldest sister was when Mama's boyfriend touched her sister.  What a damn mess.

• Love 3

If he is not on parole then he can't be sent back to jail for being around kids.   However, social services can still look at the overall situation, including the fact that child molesters have some of the highest rates of recividism, and decide to take the kids.   They don't need a "crime" to be committed, they just need a determination that the kids are in an unsafe situation.   Especially if mom is on a "he didn't do nothing and we ain't together anyway" kick.

I can see TLC not giving a contract to someone who makes a one-time or an occasional appearance on a show.   But I cannot see them not paying a regular given all the headaches that would entail for "unpaid work."   They do not want the Labor Department looking too closely at them.   Again, raft of lawyers to protect the network interests.   

I can see TLC not giving a contract to someone who makes a one-time or an occasional appearance on a show. But I cannot see them not paying a regular given all the headaches that would entail for "unpaid work." They do not want the Labor Department looking too closely at them. Again, raft of lawyers to protect the network interests.

Discovery Channel does it. I personally know a couple of people who regularly appeared on Moonshiners who never got paid a penny. They spoke, were onscreen a lot, etc. I can also see TLC having one contract for the family, naming who is part of the family, with June as the "head of household". Happens all the time.

When you see people's faces blurred, they haven't signed a release for their image to be used. My sister was in a scene from Moonshiners and they tried to get her to sign a release. "Not unless you pay me something" was her reponse so they blurred her out.

• Love 3

Reality TV laws (especially for minors) are sketchy to non-existent in many states, which is why the fuss over the "Gosselin Law" happened in PA, where minors were being exploited for TV with no legal protection. 

June says "pay the "family" money into my account!" and SB signs a release to be on tv, boom its a legal tangle for him to get money, and would take money he doesn't have to fight TLC or June. That's why June made such a big deal about paying all/some money for her daughters into separate trusts that they can’t touch. No word on whether she can’t touch them though or if they are irrevocable though

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

I think SB should sue for his part of the money and for full disclosure of the accounts of his daughter Alana.

June should not be allowed to steal her children's money to be sugar mama to a pedophile.

SB should take that money and sue for custody of Alana.

I don't understand how June can get away with taking all the money and putting it in trust, a few of these people on the show are adults and should have their own contracts and deals with TLC. The oldest should have a contract for herself and her daughter. Maybe they do and I am looking at this wrong, but from what I have read, June got everything and put it into trust until they hit 21. How old is the eldest daughter again?

Okay, but here's the thing...that "one cast member" is her mother and Alana is a minor. How do you possibly create a show that doesn't continue to enrich Mama June and her new...hobby?

Maybe if SB is given full custody of Alana, but I don't see that happening without a drawn-out legal battle and I'm sure that's one of the reasons June has lawyered up. She's also possibly delusional enough to think she can sue TLC and win.

Above, SB's friend states that SB's trailer is paid for by TLC. That's interesting. I wonder if they knew about McDaniels for a while now.

Could have been part of the storyline for the last season. They separate, he's living in the trailer being a bachelor, etc. We'll never know now.

• Love 4

I wonder if they knew about McDaniels for a while now.

I have to believe there's no way they didn't know. She's been with him since March. They had to have filmed in the summertime. Sugar Bear has known since then, too. From all the pictures posted online, there certainly seems to be a lot of familiarity between June's kids and the rapist's family. I doubt that happened since the lie of Sugar Bear "cheating" was floated.

So disappointed in Pumpkin.

Every article I read about money says that the $50,000 is divided up by five (Anna, Chubbs, Pumpkin, Alana, Kaitlyn), that the money goes directly into a fund until each turns 21. "TLC puts the money into the girls' trust accounts for me and then I get an email telling me how much everyone gets."

So, each child is getting $10,000 an episode. June has said that living expenses are paid by Sugar Bear's contractor job.  Now we know he no longer works, wonder how long he's been out of a job and how else are they paying for their living expenses.  Are they making money on the side from merchandising and stuff???

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/06/honey-boo-boo-tlc-alana-thompson-mama-june-money-trust-fund-21/#ixzz3HShH9lxj

Every article I read about money says that the $50,000 is divided up by five (Anna, Chubbs, Pumpkin, Alana, Kaitlyn), that the money goes directly into a fund until each turns 21. "TLC puts the money into the girls' trust accounts for me and then I get an email telling me how much everyone gets."

So, each child is getting $10,000 an episode. June has said that living expenses are paid by Sugar Bear's contractor job.  Now we know he no longer works, wonder how long he's been out of a job and how else are they paying for their living expenses.  Are they making money on the side from merchandising and stuff???

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/06/honey-boo-boo-tlc-alana-thompson-mama-june-money-trust-fund-21/#ixzz3HShH9lxj

I highly doubt all the money they get from the show goes to only each kids funds (and $50,000 and ep is probably at least 90% of what they earn if not 100% TLC are stingy) not if June is buying cars and maybe houses for convicted child molesters. Either she was lying about how much she/TLC was putting in to accounts or she’s taking money out.

• Love 3

If Uncle Poodle was the one who leaked all those photos then good for him.  He and Anna are the heroes of this story.  

Pumpkin's claim that he made up stuff because the show was cancelled and he needed money doesn't make sense, there was another season in the can and the show wasn't cancelled until after June's fuckery with the child rapist was exposed.  If Poodle were in it for the money, he would have kept his mouth shut to keep the gravy train rolling.  He didn't make up the police reports on Anna and the other child that was assaulted, he didn't make up the photos of June and Chester the Molester screwing around together, he didn't make up the Molester putting his hands on Alanna in the photo on the the stairs, or June buying him a car.  Pumpkin should be ashamed of herself.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 11

To my mind, Alana wasn't the real star of the show - it was the June Show.  Both on HBB and Toddlers & Tiaras.  She was the catalyst and everyone reacted to her actions. 

SB doesn't seem to be the type to carry a show on his own (not sure about Uncle Poodle however).  Maybe it's time to give Alana a chance to be a normal kid and not be rewarded for shockingly bad behavior as we saw on Jimmy Kimmel.

• Love 1

I think the $50k amount per ep is way overestimated, personally.

• Love 2

If it's only June's word for it where the money was going, I say piffle. Of course she's going to say in an interview that it's going toward the girls...it's good wholesome family values time.

In a way, I give TLC some begrudging credit for pulling the plug so quickly on this show. It must have been a pretty big financial hit to cancel a show that had already been filmed and scheduled.

• Love 5

The Robertsons' contract (Duck Commander on A&E) was revealed in the middle of all the homophobia-from-a-church-pulpit mess. The money was divided equally across the family, including the children, and I think included the "friends." If I recall correctly it was not an extreme fortune - I want to say $10K per individual per season but could be wrong - and my impression was that the bulk of their income was from merchandising. (Outside of their own Duck Commander enterprises).

• Love 2

The Robertsons' contract (Duck Commander on A&E) was revealed in the middle of all the homophobia-from-a-church-pulpit mess. The money was divided equally across the family, including the children, and I think included the "friends." If I recall correctly it was not an extreme fortune - I want to say $10K per individual per season but could be wrong - and my impression was that the bulk of their income was from merchandising. (Outside of their own Duck Commander enterprises).

That's in line with what I've been told about other shows. Moonshiners get $2000 per season. And they get to market their own products on the side, provided Discovery approves. I'm betting that $50,000 figure was per season, not per episode. Wouldn't put it past June to overinflate and leak it.

• Love 1

In a way, I give TLC some begrudging credit for pulling the plug so quickly on this show. It must have been a pretty big financial hit to cancel a show that had already been filmed and scheduled.

I can only wonder how long TLC knew about June and Chester the Molester and was hoping it wouldn't come to light.  As soon as it did they had to cancel or else the backlash would have cost them more money.  TLC couldn't care less about the welfare of children.

• Love 7

Alana Thompson and crew got a huge salary jump after episode two of the first season, TMZ.com reports. When it was clear the show was a hit, TLC bumped their earnings from between $5,000 and $7,000 each per episode to between $15,000 and $20,000 each per episode, says the site.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/honey-boo-boo-big-raise-tlc-article-1.1172115

$15-20K per ep sounds way more realistic.  But I don't think it's "each".  I think it's the total for the group. 

• Love 4

TLC issued a statement that it was "commited to the long-term comfort and well-being of the children" or words to that effect.

I wonder what that entails?

The Tumblr stuff has been taken down.

What else would they say?

Lip service for awhile, then wait til it falls from the public eye...then bye.

In a way I don't blame them.  TLC isn't a child service organization, and the family weren't employees, they were contractors.

Alana Thompson and crew got a huge salary jump after episode two of the first season, TMZ.com reports. When it was clear the show was a hit, TLC bumped their earnings from between $5,000 and $7,000 each per episode to between $15,000 and $20,000 each per episode, says the site.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/honey-boo-boo-big-raise-tlc-article-1.1172115

It's possible, but I remember reports that the Gosselin's earnings per episode were way over stated and they got paid much less per ep than was claimed and they were on much longer and had higher ratings than Honey Boo Boo before they fell. It always seems that salaries for these type of things get overblown in the media, makes it more interesting. I think $20,000 per person is probably over stating it but it could be $20,000 + per episode for the family unit. If it was per person in the family then June could claim it was their own salaries that she was putting into trust, but she didn't.

• Love 4

It's possible, but I remember reports that the Gosselin's earnings per episode were way over stated and they got paid much less per ep than was claimed and they were on much longer and had higher ratings than Honey Boo Boo before they fell. It always seems that salaries for these type of things get overblown in the media, makes it more interesting. I think $20,000 per person is probably over stating it but it could be $20,000 + per episode for the family unit. If it was per person in the family then June could claim it was their own salaries that she was putting into trust, but she didn't.

Yup Jon G got in hot water for saying that the MOST they made per ep was somewhere around $22k for the entire family and that was only after they became way popular.  Remember as well that there were fewer reality families around so the G's were kinda unique.  Quite different now, so I'd say that the money hasn't gone up much or at all since the Gosselins'.  Of course the tabs can say whatever they want knowing that TLC isn't going to deny OR confirm the claims. 

• Love 3

“THIS HERE IS UNCLE POODLE AND HIS MAN. THEY ARE UPSET BC THE SHOW WAS CANCELLED AND THEY NO LONGER HAVE MONEY.

What the fucking what???

I thought the show was canceled after the pictures of June canoodling with this pervert were published, wasn't it?

How could Uncle Poodle be lying about June and selling these pictures because he's pissed off that the show was canceled...When the show wasn't canceled until after the pictures came out?

This statement by Pumpkin makes absolutely no sense.  Of course, I know it's a shoveful of shit that June fed her to post, but....

That fucking logic makes absolutely no sense at all.  

Or maybe I need more coffee.  A lot more coffee.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2