Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Uncle Poodle says he hopes Hollywood comes a callin' again -- because he's gunning for his own show in NYC.

Uncle P says he'd only be interested if H.B.B. is allowed to make guest appearances ... he doesn't want the girl punished because of her mom's misdeeds.

Poodle says he and his fiance already have a pitch for producers -- they'll move to New York City in kind of a reverse "Green Acres."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/04/uncle-poodle-here-comes-honey-boo-boo-spin-off-show-sugar-bear/#ixzz3I6MmGR6m

This child truly is doomed, isn't she? Not that she didn't start life in a major hole with the parents she was dealt. Not that her life would be all peaches and roses if they'd been left to their own devices. But TLC introduced new layers of (public) exploitation that seem to be proving she has no one (yet) willing to step up and do what's right for her. All in it for a buck and/or themselves. Every single one of them.

Maybe Grandma? Foster care? Anyone who'll just do what's in this girl's best interest?

• Love 1

My vote is for grandma. She'd be in touch with Anna that way, and Anna can keep her grounded and hopefully shield her from June and the madman. Even though Anna lives in Alabama, I get the impression she's still quite close to her grandmother.

• Love 2

Actually, all this fame might have helped poor Alanna in a weird way.    This guy was going to get out of jail, tv show or not.    June was going to do her darned best to get back with him.   She would have found a way to buy him stuff.   It wouldn't have had to be cars and a house.   He wouldn't have been expecting that given the finances he is used to.   So he would have been around Alanna anyway.   With the tv show, it just meant we found out about it and there was a big uprising about it.   We don't know what Protective Services is doing yet.   But at least they knew to look into it in a way they might not have without all the publicity.   The show might have been the only way anyone found out in time to protect her.   

On the other hand, its time to stop exploiting a 9 year old.   Let her be a good in a safe environment.   

Oh and Uncle Poodle, a reverse Green Acres would be the Beverly Hillbillies.

• Love 4

Anyway, didn't the Amish kids do that?

And where would they live in NYC? On whose cash? The 'billies were rich. Or would it be poverty in the big city? Didn't they do hillbillies in Hollywood with a showbiz wanna kid somewhere awhile back?

Not a complete idea. Also, NYC would ignore them. They wouldn't make any waves.

Sounds like someone cooked up an excuse to get someone else to pay them to live in NYC for a while on the basis of extra exposure from this scandal. I still don't think photo shopped the pictures, or whatever June was claiming but he's not shy about trying to grift off it.

• Love 2

The uncle's idea of his own reality show excludes him from being the guardian of Alana, in my book.  Time to hope that Grandma is up to the task of raising another grandchild. 

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 5

Actually, all this fame might have helped poor Alanna in a weird way.    This guy was going to get out of jail, tv show or not.    June was going to do her darned best to get back with him.   She would have found a way to buy him stuff.   It wouldn't have had to be cars and a house.   He wouldn't have been expecting that given the finances he is used to.   So he would have been around Alanna anyway.   With the tv show, it just meant we found out about it and there was a big uprising about it.   We don't know what Protective Services is doing yet.   But at least they knew to look into it in a way they might not have without all the publicity.   The show might have been the only way anyone found out in time to protect her.   

On the other hand, its time to stop exploiting a 9 year old.   Let her be a good in a safe environment.   

Oh and Uncle Poodle, a reverse Green Acres would be the Beverly Hillbillies.

Good point. She'd have been toast either way. Ending the exploitation and offering her a chance at a normal - and safe - life out of the spotlight would give her some hope.

Giant Misfit: I just clicked on that link and OMG!! Talk about  'hillbillies! What the hell are they wearing. JESUS H CHRIST!!! buy some effin new clothes.

What are you talking about?? Those ARE their new clothes.

Also, I always thought that the trust fund story was complete and utter bullshit, Romyan convinced me it WAS/IS bullshit.  She probably just set up some savings accounts in the kids' names with her as the account holder and put money in there so she wasn't completely lying, knowing she could just withdraw it when she needed it.

• Love 3

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd read a blog that stated there are trust funds. Here is that blog item, dated June 2013, before all this pedophile mess started. I don't think June would publicly state that TLC deposits the funds into trust accounts if it is not true. The question is whether TLC allowed June to be a trustee, which might give her control over the funds. Which kinda defeats the purpose...

"June Shannon, mother of Alana Thomson (the star of TLC’s hit series “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”) told TMZ that she’s putting the show’s earnings into trust funds for her children.

The family earns $15 to $20K per episode of “Honey Boo Boo,” and that money will be divided equally into trust funds for their five daughters; Alana, Lauryn, Jessica, Anna and Kaitlyn. The children won’t be able to touch the money until they are 21, with the exception of medical emergencies or to pay for school.
Related: How to Teach Your Kids About Money

The family matriarch told TMZ that she doesn’t see the show’s earnings herself. “TLC puts the money into the girls’ trust accounts for me and then I get an email telling me how much everyone gets,” she said. “I want my kids to look back and say, ‘Mama played it smart.'”

Here is the link to the full item: http://dailysavings.allyou.com/2013/01/07/honey-boo-boo-trust-fund/

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd read a blog that stated there are trust funds. Here is that blog item, dated June 2013, before all this pedophile mess started. I don't think June would publicly state that TLC deposits the funds into trust accounts if it is not true. The question is whether TLC allowed June to be a trustee, which might give her control over the funds. Which kinda defeats the purpose...

"June Shannon, mother of Alana Thomson (the star of TLC’s hit series “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”) told TMZ that she’s putting the show’s earnings into trust funds for her children.

The family earns $15 to $20K per episode of “Honey Boo Boo,” and that money will be divided equally into trust funds for their five daughters; Alana, Lauryn, Jessica, Anna and Kaitlyn. The children won’t be able to touch the money until they are 21, with the exception of medical emergencies or to pay for school.

Related: How to Teach Your Kids About Money

The family matriarch told TMZ that she doesn’t see the show’s earnings herself. “TLC puts the money into the girls’ trust accounts for me and then I get an email telling me how much everyone gets,” she said. “I want my kids to look back and say, ‘Mama played it smart.'”

Here is the link to the full item: http://dailysavings.allyou.com/2013/01/07/honey-boo-boo-trust-fund/

TLC has always been tight lipped about finances.  Also, I'm pretty sure there is a confidentiality clause that prohibits the participants from discussing how much they are getting paid.  Jon G disclosed it, and got himself in legal hot water. 

That was the telling point for me - that she actually apparently mentioned a sum that they were getting paid.  $15-20k.  Name ONE other TLC reality show participant who has disclosed how much they make.  That is considered top secret in order to keep the illusion going.

June is known for being a liar now.  If she's not seeing the show's earnings, where does all the money come from for cars and stuff?  I said at the time that June must have done a bit of research and seen where the controversies have been in the past with other reality families and chose her comments to fit the image she was trying to project of the uncouth but loving mom. 

Look at her now, even with all the photographic evidence, she is still denying seeing McDaniel again.  She lies when it suits her purpose.

I think TLC just didn't want to call her a liar in public at the time and didn't want to call attention to the article.  They probably just told June privately after this was published not to discuss the remuneration in future...are there any interviews where she mentions the money and the alleged trusts after this one?

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3

Until I see the trust documents, I am not believing there is an actual legal trust.   I agree with others who say she set up savings accounts and called them trusts.   I will give her the benefit of the doubt and say she just didn't know the difference between the two.   But that is the only thing I am giving her the benefit of the doubt on.

Yeah I was aware of the article, I'm just calling BS on some of the details. I don't believe she ever received *nothing* from the show, especially in the beginning, she was obviously gunning for big fame on T&T, she wanted the income from her own show and there was no guarantee of ancillaries before it was broadcast, even if they made money that way when it started. Plus as she has proven beyond doubt recently, she's extremely selfish. She might well have put some money into different accounts for the girls but I find the "I never see a penny" disingenuous and I rather doubt that they are irrevocable trusts.

• Love 3

The same info was reported by TMZ in January 2013. Only its wording is that June set up the trust funds. But she states more emphatically that she doesn't see the money - it all goes to the girls. One reason that seems dubious is that we now know that SB and Poodle received money; maybe their earnings and June's were established later. Maybe June was getting no money when the show first aired when these statements were made. We know now that she was going to get paid recently but TLC cited the contractual morals clause as grounds for withholding her portion.

Other websites picked up the January 2013 story.

I'm not defending June, but I wonder if TLC began to worry about backlash from exploiting children for profits and decided to protect itself by demanding financial protection for children via trusts. But I bet they allowed June to be a trustee, never expecting her to liquidate the accounts (if that's what she was doing).

Why isn't this child in school? The best thing they could do for this little girl is a healthier diet, she is morbidly obese. Look at Sugar Bear grinning like an idiot, he is starting to piss me off being such a lap dog for June. I don't care how many pampering days you do for publicity June, you still are a shitty mother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2820711/Mama-June-glosses-family-woes-takes-Honey-Boo-Boo-matching-mother-daughter-hair-dos-Georgia.html

• Love 2

Yeah I was aware of the article, I'm just calling BS on some of the details. I don't believe she ever received *nothing* from the show, especially in the beginning, she was obviously gunning for big fame on T&T, she wanted the income from her own show and there was no guarantee of ancillaries before it was broadcast, even if they made money that way when it started. Plus as she has proven beyond doubt recently, she's extremely selfish. She might well have put some money into different accounts for the girls but I find the "I never see a penny" disingenuous and I rather doubt that they are irrevocable trusts.

They don't have to be irrevocable trusts.

In fact, most attorneys recommend you NOT do an ILIT because of all the potential hassles. Unless you are fabulously wealthy, then you set up a GRUT, GRAT, CLUT, or CLAT where a charity gets a portion (either income or principle). Or a T/W, Trust under Will, which are very rare now.

And an estate attorney has to write the trust, so unless TLC paid for it, June just probably set up a savings and is calling it a Trust. Also, f it's a Guardianship acct, the girls are screwed. She can dive into that even past their majority (which in most states is 18).

That could be how Anna can get info on it and June still be able to take out of it. If I was Anna I'd have the bank issue to her every single statement since the show started.

• Love 2

Look at Sugar Bear grinning like an idiot,

...grinning like an idiot waiting to get his hands on that sweet, sweet check from the Daily Mail. ;) Maybe he can use the proceeds to buy a new shirt and a pair of jeans since this is like, what? The third time in a week he's been photographed in the same clothes?

Alana weighs more than me. She is eight. That shit ain't right.

I love how now June says she didn't buy McDaniel a car. Does she not know the definition of "photograph?"

Alana is so overweight it's disturbing. She looked like she had food stains on her belly, she probably can't even see over what she eats. And I am done with SB, out posing with that scumbag June like that. No one is advocating for that child, and it makes me ill. 

• Love 8

Anna fears her husband Michael could one day get deadly revenge on Mark McDaniel are among the many things involving the molester that continue to haunt her.

'Michael would probably kill him,' if given the chance, said Cardwell of her husband of six months, who she says carries a gun wherever he goes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2821049/Chickadee-Cardwell-speaks-fears-husband-one-day-shoot-Mark-McDaniel-reveals-pedophile-wooed-Mama-June-met-McDonald-s.html#ixzz3ICWjWWKb

June's still trying to win the PR war because she thinks she's smarter than everyone else.

Wanna bet the car is in her name but she lets the pedophile drive it?

Good explanation on the "trusts" roamyn. A guardianship would explain how June is raiding Anna's "trust."

There's a news story out of Alabama about an alleged multi-generational pedophile ring. It appears there has already been some vigilante justice. I wouldn't be surprised if June and the pedophile are receiving threats.

• Love 1

Okay, so her husband ending up in prison for taking matters into his own hands does no one who matters any good. But in a weird way, reading that helped to confirm that *someone* is in her corner, willing to fight (in this case, literally) for her. I hope she has a strong, SANE, ring of unconditional love and support surrounding her right now and down the road. She'll need it.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

Yes, let's throw some gun culture obsession into this madness, that will help.

I agree that June set up bank accounts for the girls and called them trust accounts, because it sounds proper. The only "proof" that there are actual trust accounts is June telling TMZ; that doesn't make it so.

And really, you can't use "June" and "trust" in the same sentence and believe it.

• Love 5
It haunts me to this day and I've lost my entire family.  It's insane to me and I can't be around them anymore.

I'm so sorry for your experience, Unfortunately, this happens more often than people realize.   As much as we, as a society, abhor pedophiles or anyone who abuses children, too often actions of families do not reflect this.   Survivors of abuse are expected to move, on forget the past, and forgive.  Or worse, to "stop  telling lies" .  

I feel for anyone who has gone through this.  I have a lot of respect for Anna, and anyone, who can just tell the truth, say what happened, and not let predators be protected from facing their crimes. 

• Love 4

SissyFrank, I feel bad liking your post, but I just want to give you a big hug. I am a victim of childhood sexual abuse too, by a couple of different people. I spoke out the first time, and it wasn't taken seriously by the authorities. So when it happened again and again, I didn't speak out because I had no trust or faith that anything would happen to my abusers. One of them was my brother's best friend, and I knew that my brother would kill him if I said anything, and I didn't want him to end up in prison. I am so sorry this happened to you and that you have lost your family over this.

I never watched this show, but have been following this thread because of this awful news. The whole situation just makes me ill. I will never understand the thought process behind choosing a convicted pedophile lover over your own child. These people are absolute scum.

• Love 7

I agree - I liked your post Sissyfrank but that was because I totally sympathized although that never happened to me.

What struck me is your statement that your mom KNEW but let it happen anyway.  My guess is that June wasn't completely in the dark when all this was going on, but since she was obviously sexually active at a young age herself, and was/is obviously into this guy (ugh!) she figured that it wasn't *really* hurting Anna and it meant she got to keep the guy around (ugh again). 

June is pond scum.  Worse, because pond scum actually serves a purpose.

• Love 5

To anyone on this forum who had the courage to admit what happened to them as children, I am so sorry this happened to you.   I also applaud your bravery and courage in living your life your way.   

As noted, I do hope Anna's husband doesn't do something foolish.   It won't help the situation.   Her one person standing beside her, other than grandma, will be in jail.   Her entire family will blame her for what happened, no matter how justified.   She just needs to keep her family away from him.   And if her mother chooses the scumbag over her, well, I hope her mom likes the nursing home the scumbag finds for her, because Anna sure as hell won't be there to take care of her in her old age.

I'm all for forgiveness.   When the other person expresses remorse.    No remorse, no forgiveness.   Because the scum doesn't fricking deserve it.

• Love 9

SissyFrank, you're a brave, brave person and I'm so terribly sorry that this has happened to you.

My family is pretty skilled at denial, as well, although nothing like what you experienced. But I do know what it's like to have all of the people around you tell you that black is white, up is down, and that what you know in your heart is true...isn't.

It's affected my entire life. I can only imagine what it's been like for you.

You have my utmost sympathy.

• Love 7

Honey Boo Boo shared hotel bed with her sister's molester and Mama June, Uncle Poodle claims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2822206/Honey-Boo-Boo-shared-hotel-bed-sister-s-molester-Mama-June-Uncle-Poodle-claims.html

I wonder if those pictures we saw of June and Molester in bed where from that September trip.  What was Poodle doing with them, while Sugar Bear thought they were Atlanta.  

Edited by JerseyGirl

Looks like Poodle keeps selling his story, but then again I guess he doesn't owe June loyalty after the way she has been acting. So are we to assume he is the one who originally leaked the pictures to TMZ?

Did you notice he said she was trying to pass off the guy as her gay friend but then bragged about having sex with him (telling the details in front of Alanna)?

• Love 1

Honey Boo Boo shared hotel bed with her sister's molester and Mama June, Uncle Poodle claims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2822206/Honey-Boo-Boo-shared-hotel-bed-sister-s-molester-Mama-June-Uncle-Poodle-claims.html

I'm 100% convinced that McDaniels is now grooming Alanna (Honey Boo Boo).  Typical grooming behavior.  I'm also 100% convinced that he is already reoffended with that poor child.  What a fucking piece of shit her mother is.  Pedophiles don't change.  They just don't.

June is stupid, which thankfully will be her undoing in all of this. "The truth will come out" "My side will come out" is utter nonsense. 

What about Anna's side???  Isn't that more important you fat slug?

• Love 3

A friend lives in the same town as Anna, and they told me that the whole clan comes over every other weekend to visit the baby. She doesn't see Anna out with them when they are at Walmart or a restaurant. They also do NOT stay with Anna and her husband. But that they make a scene wherever they go, that they are as loud and obnoxious as seen on TV. Worse, even.

• Love 4

Dear Anna,

You are under so absolutely no obligation to open the door to anyone in this sorry bunch. You do not owe them access to your daughter, whether or not the pedo is with them. You do what is right for you and your little girl; you owe them not a damn thing.

Signed,

The rest of the world

• Love 16

If Uncle Poodle was the one who took the picture of June and the molester in the motel room, then I really don't want him to take custody of Alana. He said that this happened months ago, and that SB thought June and Alana were somewhere else. He also said that although June said that the perp was a gay friend, he saw them hugging and kissing each other.  He also said that Alana was supposed to sleep on the floor but in the morning she was in the bed with June and perp.  But he doesn't say that he was upset and indignant that his brothers child was in the bed with her mom and someone who wasn't her father.  He doesn't say that he told his brother about what really happened that weekend. Instead, he remains quiet and then sells pictures to TMZ.

IMO, SB isn't the smartest guy around, and I think he knows it. But he wanted a family and got it with June.  She came complete with fatherless kids.  He got a woman who let him sleep with her, at least once in a while.  Then he got to actually have a child that he shared DNA with.  He got to be the breadwinner of a family. He got to feel like a man.  He was good with that.

But June saw a way to change things up.  She got Alana on that horrible Toddlers with Tiara's show and she got them their own show.  Once the gravy train hit she has done everything she could to show the world how much she despised SB and when the molester that abused her first child got out of prison she went right back to him.  SB was kicked to the curb and can't find a job.  Everything he thought he had was gone.

Now June is in trouble and SB is happy to do whatever she wants to try to get back to his happy spot.

At this point it seems like SB is not only being played by June, he's also being played by his own brother.  What's that saying?  With friends like these, who needs enemies.  I obviously could be wrong.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 7

Excellent summation, Zahdii.

I have been wondering how much Poodle is motivated by actually caring for Alana vs. the possibility of money and (more) TV fame.  I think mostly the latter.

But I also feel that June drove the show even if the focus was supposedly on Alana.  It was really the June Show.

And as I've said I never watched more than a few seconds of this show, other than the promos, but followed through summaries online. 

If memory serves, there was an ep where Anna wanted to have her baby's excess digit removed.  (as any loving concerned parent would - do it early so by the time they get to school age, it's healed up and they can be 'normal')  Apparently, June was AGAINST the surgery.  WHY?  So the baby could continue to be part of the freak show???  That was my thought at the time.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4

Didn't he have a bunch of health problems? There are way too many jobs where if you're sick, you don't get paid, and if you're sick too long, you lose your job.

ETA; OTOH, so much of this shtick has turned out to be fabricated that who knows what really went on.

Edited by Oldernowiser

I don't think his health concerns are made up. Earlier this year, they were in Jax FL at the Mayo Clinic. That's serious healthcare, not make believe. (I know, I don't trust anything out of their mouths either. This info is not from them. I do think they had a small blurb about it, though.)

Of course the show was always about June, that's part of her cunning side. She did Toddlers and Tiaras, Extreme Couponing and then got this show. The woman has been determined to be a reality star, which is a lofty goal for someone with her lack of physical appeal. It's even more amazing that she succeeded. Now that she has had a taste of fame and fortune, she doesn't want to give it up, and not even her children will stand in her way.

• Love 6

I'm pretty sure SB lost his job due to his health.  There were plenty of stories online about his hospitalizations, pics of the family visiting him, mention of it on their website, etc.  Although I don't know what he was being treated for, if it was a one-time thing he could have lost his job from long-term absence, or he could have just not be able to do that job again.

Since I don't know what his particular health issues are, I'll not slam him for not trying to get on at a fast food restaurant or something else, and I don't know what jobs are available in his area.  But I worry that he's hoping to cobble the 'family' back together again as best as possible and hop back on the gravy train. 

• Love 2