Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The pics inside the house they were viewing would have to be from one of them (the son I am thinking) or the realtor?

Yes, I think the realtor. And at the car dealership, the salesperson who just sold two used cars for $25K CASH!

"Oh Miss June, it's such an HONOR to meet you! A real, live tv star! I love you! My wife loves you! My kids love Honey Boo Boo! Do you mind if I take a picture, pretty please? Otherwise, nobody will believe I met you! Thank you, you are so kind and REAL!"

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 4

I've been trying to wrap my mind around all this since the story broke and..I just cant.  Now something about seeing that child molester so much as touching Alana is seriously making me sick.  I've been disgusted and annoyed by a lot of reality TV people but nothing has hit me the way this has.  This is a freaking mother.  How on earth could a MOTHER let this monster near her child.  Even if she was foolish enough to not believe he molested her daughter, he was in prison for the act and shes letting him near her children now. If that was my child I would want him castrated.  Is this vile piece of disgusting trash that hard up for a man? Sadly, I'm in the camp that believe she would stoop low enough to hand off Alana to him and let him do whatever he wanted to her.  I now believe she is that much of a monster.  My heart breaks for Anna.  I can't even fathom what she has to be feeling.

• Love 3

Even, and I mean completely 100% hypothetically, all of the allegations against him were false, you still side with your child over their accused molester. He has no reason to be in your life, and you should doubt him, even if only based on your child's testimony. There was a similar situation in my life, where the mother stayed with the accused (who never served jail time) and it completely changed all of her personal relationships. I still don't understand the situation fully (I was a child when it happened), but I can't look at anyone the same way when you stay with the person that even might have abused your child.

• Love 4

I really hope Anna takes advantage of everything TLC is offering. I commend her for saying June cannot see her daughter while the molester is around. I really hope after she processes everything, she cuts June off totally.

• Love 3

Wow. Poor Anna. I always thought that she was a little odd, but can you imagine what she went through and what's she's going through NOW? June made such a HUGE production about Anna and Kaitlyn moving away, and being brokenhearted about not having daily access to "Gigi's Baby," yet, she is willing to risk NEVER seeing them again for a monster who preys on young girls. I know we've seen Lauryn lie for her mother, but what about Jessica? Is she 18 yet and can run from this situation? Better yet, ask for her cut of the family money and run. I haven't seen Jessica in the TMZ photos, just Alana and Lauryn. 

I wonder if Anna has told her sister that she can stay with them in Alabama. I hope so. They both need to demand their cut of the TLC money pie and stay far away from this situation. 

• Love 1

Truly tragic situation.   No one, even those who disliked the family watching the show, could have predicted all this that has come to light. 

Side note/question:  Who snapped the pictures and sold them to tmz? Job well done!

Edited by SpringTulips

It was reported on various news sites of Anna being bribed in order to appear on the show, since she was pregnant. If June promised Anna $500 per episode to be on the show, yet they were getting tens of thousands....does that mean that all this talk about setting aside money for the girls is a lie? Or was Anna not included in that deal?

• Love 3

June kept a box of photos of her and McDaniel in the house ... something Sugar Bear knew about and protested, to no avail.  She would NOT get rid of them.

We're told McDaniel  was the subject of frequent arguments between June and Sugar Bear.  He felt she was still emotionally in a relationship with McDaniel ... even though he had been locked up for years.  Our sources say June was seeing McDaniel while she was still with Sugar Bear -- he got out of prison in March.   The family now believes it was actually June who was cheating, not Sugar Bear, and she used the online dating story to get out of a relationship she had already rejected.

http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3HLQ5KaS2

• Love 2

Random thought: June is wearing the same navy blue lacy top in most of the photos. So it appears they went on a one-day shopping spree. I wonder if someone took the pics, sent them to Anna, and she provided them to TLC.

Well it could be one day or...she's a very large woman and for all we know that could be her favorite/best top, she wants to look cute for this loser I guess.

Been there - obese without a lot of options apparel wise.

• Love 1

Well, frugal until the child molester "love of her life" asks for a car and a house. Then she's willing to spend her (and her children's) money. The gravy train has come to a screeching halt. I wonder how long before she goes through her savings and ends up filing for bankruptcy.

I just KNEW that Sugar Bear wasn't cheating. He was comfortable in his living arrangement. The older girls loved him like a father. Lauryn stated that he was the only father she'd ever known. I had a feeling that June had to be the one looking, or pushing him out. Who knew that it was THIS bad. 

Sugar Bear has health issues. I wonder if that would keep a court from awarding him custody of Alana. 

• Love 8

The court has to decide between two parents.   Unless a third party is willing to step forward and take the child, courts prefer not to stick kids into foster care in a custody situation.    Therefore, the court will be deciding between Daddy who has health issues (that may be controlled with medication and so not a big deal) and his criminal past or Mamma and her sex offender  current boyfriend.    There are no slam dunks in court.    But really this one is not that hard.   

• Love 1

I'm not getting the Sugar Bear love.  Ok, from what we know he does appear to be the lesser of two evils, but not Dad of the year.  Not by any stretch.  June is a woman, who has no issue in cavorting with a convicted child molester, who her OWN CHILD accused of molestation.  If she's comfortable with that arrangement I'm quite sure she's demonstrated many other moral failings that Sugar Bear is aware of.  Yet he stayed with her, professed to love her.  He loves her?  That is just sick.  He should not be entrusted with the care of a goldfish never mind a little girl. 

• Love 5

I'm not getting the Sugar Bear love.  Ok, from what we know he does appear to be the lesser of two evils, but not Dad of the year.  Not by any stretch.  June is a woman, who has no issue in cavorting with a convicted child molester, who her OWN CHILD accused of molestation.  If she's comfortable with that arrangement I'm quite sure she's demonstrated many other moral failings that Sugar Bear is aware of.  Yet he stayed with her, professed to love her.  He loves her?  That is just sick.  He should not be entrusted with the care of a goldfish never mind a little girl. 

I'm actually right there with you.  Sugar Bear is basically the best of a bad lot, from what we've seen of the men in June's life thus far. 

I've been on OK Cupid off and on, and I have to say that the profile that was posted would not have gotten ANY hits whatsoever.  First off, no face shot.  Second, an AWFUL profile write-up.  From what I've gathered through online conversations with various guys, even with a decent faceshot and profile, most don't get very many hits/responses.  However, I'm certain that June set this up, and I'm sure that will be proven.  She's just not that clever. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3

June is very frugal and doesn't spend money on new clothes. She wore the same top for a few promotional appearances.

Frugal?  I've never seen it.  "Frugal" people don't spend thousands (had to be thousands) on doing the pageant thing with their 5 year old daughter including custom photos, numerous costumes, traveling to venues, etc.  this was even BEFORE T&T and HBB.  She talked a good game, but the proof is in the pudding.

June obviously did her research on other reality shows that were on TLC.  She knew that Kate G. and other families were criticized about not putting money aside for the children who were a large part of the show, so she did lip service by stating she set up a trust fund and had (some or all) of the show money funneled in.  There is no way to prove that one way or the other and I'm sure she knew that.  Or she had the money put in, but since she had control over the trust she could take it out if she wanted.  TLC isn't going to discuss finances, they never have.  I'm sure that the payments are made to June alone.

• Love 5

Sometimes courts have to choose between two bad parents.   Also I know lots of guys who stick in a bad relationship for the sake of the kids.   They figure they can at least see their kids every day even if the mother is terrible.    We don't know why Sugar Bear stayed with her.   But we do know they are not together now and a court may eventually have to decide between them who gets custody (third party custody is rare).

• Love 2

Sometimes courts have to choose between two bad parents.   Also I know lots of guys who stick in a bad relationship for the sake of the kids.   They figure they can at least see their kids every day even if the mother is terrible.    We don't know why Sugar Bear stayed with her.   But we do know they are not together now and a court may eventually have to decide between them who gets custody (third party custody is rare).

there's always the grandparents...

We don't know if Sugar Bear can even afford to support Alana with her basic needs.  At this point he might be living on a couch at a relative's place or at a weekly motel. 

and my personal opinion is that June was probably the best that SB could do.

• Love 3

There is Supreme Court case law that treats grandparents as third party strangers.   The grandparents have to prove unfitness of both parents or extraordinary circumstances to get custody.   Oh and they have to participate in the case.   The court doesn't just say Mom and Dad are here, let's hand off to the grandparents.

As for financially able to take care of Alanna, that is not grounds for not getting custody.   We do not take kids away from poor parents anymore.   He will also get child support from Momma to help him care for Alanna.   If he wants custody, he has a good chance of getting it.

• Love 1

Here's an older article where June talks about the money:

She told Wendy Williams that she has trust fund accounts set up for all the girls, including baby Kaitlyn: “I don’t see that money. What it is, I’ve got it set up to where they automatically go in to all five accounts, the four girls and the grand baby, and they can’t touch it until they’re 21.”

http://starcasm.net/archives/232701

Delurking to say that I've never been a fan of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo in general and Mama June in particular because I think that kiddie beauty pageants are tacky and exploit children, much like Mama June herself, but after hearing that Mama June's new boyfriend is the piece of shit who molested her own daughter, "tacky" is the nicest word for her. That Mama June is so desperate for a man that she would not only hook up with a convicted pedophile who attacked one of her own, she would let any of her kids anywhere near him and even spend money on him shows just how pathetic she really is. Sugar Bear may not exactly be Father of the Year material, but AFAIK he's not a monster like Mark McDaniel either. TLC's cancelling the show is a good start, but it's not enough. They should pay for Anna's psychotherapy bills-and with Mama June as her mother, therapy could take years, if not the rest of her life.  

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

But.. I have good instincts! They fooled a lot of people I think for the same reason. No one wanted to be cruel about the Boo Boo's lot in life. Trashy people are trashy people! Mama and Sugar, yes even Sugar Bear, he has eyes and knows right from wrong.

OK, people need to stop saying I knew they were trashy people!  You can be redneck, trailer park, burping, farting, no bath taking backwoods yahoos, but that doesn't make you a pedophile.  Pedophiles are everywhere.  From the fanciest neighborhoods to the worst public housing projects.  They are doctors, engineers, fast food workers, unemployed.  You can't identify them by how "trashy" they are.  They aren't always trashy.  I never would have guessed that this mother would choose a pedophile over her children.  But that's just it, you never know. 

• Love 4

Yet he stayed with her, professed to love her.

It's my belief that SB "loved" her because TLC paid him to "love" her. Watch the scenes of the two of them together. Those two could barely stomach each other.

Also consider, everything about this show was staged. From Anna's moving in with them, to their "home," to the burning of the sofa in the front yard, to June's staged coupon hoard to the stilted family "vacations." This show, along with everything else TLC churns out, is fake. It is a fictionalized reality. When shit finally did get real, TLC pulled the plug.

Oh boy, everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame:

Peaches McDaniel tried defending her father-in-law on Facebook ... saying, "if you are going to judge someone by their past, look at your own first.  Michaels dad is an amazing man, as well amazing father."  She adds, "Peoples past are completely irrelevant to the present."
As we previously reported ... June and her man visited Peaches after she gave birth last month ... which is when McDaniel was pictured with his hands on Honey Boo Boo's back.

http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3HMqEze00

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

Oh, god. Where is the barf icon when you need it?!

Since June never revealed who Pumpkin's father was, I'm wondering if it's the McDaniel cretin? She sure would have good reason to hide that little nugget of information.

Here's an older article where June talks about the money:

She told Wendy Williams that she has trust fund accounts set up for all the girls, including baby Kaitlyn: “I don’t see that money. What it is, I’ve got it set up to where they automatically go in to all five accounts, the four girls and the grand baby, and they can’t touch it until they’re 21.”

http://starcasm.net/archives/232701

Like I said, she can say whatever she wants, but she doesn't have to prove it.  And again, TLC is famously tight-lipped about finances, so they won't talk either.

• Love 2

Since June never revealed who Pumpkin's father was, I'm wondering if it's the McDaniel cretin? She sure would have good reason to hide that little nugget of information.

I read that she slept with so many men, one night stands of guys she met on the internet, that she does not know who Pumpkin's father is.

OK, people need to stop saying I knew they were trashy people!  You can be redneck, trailer park, burping, farting, no bath taking backwoods yahoos, but that doesn't make you a pedophile.  Pedophiles are everywhere.  From the fanciest neighborhoods to the worst public housing projects.  They are doctors, engineers, fast food workers, unemployed.  You can't identify them by how "trashy" they are.  They aren't always trashy.  I never would have guessed that this mother would choose a pedophile over her children.  But that's just it, you never know. 

Even putting the pedophile matter aside, ***I*** knew they were trashy people. 

Mama June has been lying for 2+ years about how frugal she is, about how she's been putting money aside for the kids, etc.  She's clearly in this for herself.  The children are just an appendage.  IMO.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 7

I read that she slept with so many men, one night stands of guys she met on the internet, that she does not know who Pumpkin's father is.

Credible!

OK, one last link and I just cannot deal with this anymore today it is so beyond disturbing, but in this Daily Mail article, there's a photo of the rapist (scroll down) wearing what appears to be a wedding band. The photo was taken in July. Maybe it's just some ring, I don't know. But I don't know many men who wear bands on the left ring finger who aren't married.

Which is a great way to keep the secrect that she has a child with the abuser who violated her oldest child. Isn't Jessica's father in prison for molesting children, as well?

• Love 1

I recall June herself saying something along these lines, but of course without proper grammar or syntax.

ETA: I can't believe I'm saying this, but "kudos to TMZ." One thousand times over. Without their photographic proof, this pedophile would have been given unfettered access to Alana for God knows how long.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 3

Never watched this show, but I of course knew of its existence by sheer virtue of not living under a rock, and I did lurk on the old TWoP HBB thread from time to time for the awesome snark.  In light of the revolting news of the last few days, June's finished as a public figure, even if there aren't any legal repercussions for her.  The public can forgive a great deal, but not the enabling of child molestation... especially that of one's own kid.

That whole "but the looooove each other" crap has driven me batty since I first heard it.  Loving your children should be the absolute bare minimum standard of parenting.

This.  To quote that great philosopher Chris Rock, "That's what you're supposed to do!"  Apparently the reality TV bar has been set so low that when we see a family "loving" each other, some folks (like the trashy June defenders on Facebook) see it as something novel and revolutionary.

Edited by dougfir
  • Love 10
Peaches McDaniel tried defending her father-in-law on Facebook ... saying, "if you are going to judge someone by their past, look at your own first.  Michaels dad is an amazing man, as well amazing father."  She adds, "Peoples past are completely irrelevant to the present."

Past speeding tickets? Sure. Past molesting at least two little girls? I think not. 

• Love 7

Does "Peaches" let McDaniels around her children? Probably only when he has Honey Boo Boo money in his pockets.

I wonder if Wal-Mart is still carrying Honey Boo Boo brand greeting cards and novelty items? Or did they pull them off the shelf quickly like they did with Paula Deen?

This thread is for posting and analysis of media items related to the family, not general discussion of the show.

Please remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion and it may not be the same as yours.

I have serious doubts Mama will be able to buy a house now that she has no income.  What a stupid woman.  I remember reading somewhere she decided they would not use the income for a better home, said she was putting aside the money for the girls.  What a bitch.  Maybe using the money for a nice home and education (tutors) now would have ensured the girls would have a better life.  I hope the older one's get a lawyer and sue her fat chins.

• Love 1

Do you think the molester's son is the one leaking the photos?

Yes, who knows? My best guess is that McDaniels son was not responsible for the hotel/bed photo because...well, God! That looks like it was a sex party, maybe with booze and drugs and deep fried cookie dough Just surmising. So I don't think the kid would be there. But, hey, maybe Dad feels he's "parenting" the boy after 10 years' absence and offering him a role model and the best that life has to offer? Just Blech.

Now the other pics are interesting. June writing checks at the car dealership; June/McDaniel/ Alana/Pumpkin and molesters son house shopping? I think "fans" at those venues snapped the pix for themselves. Then when the hotel photo came out, others came forward to make a buck. Just my thinking.....Thank you God, I'm no insider!

Many of the photos were pulled off the defending DIL's - "Peaches" - Instagram and Tumblr, before she got smart and locked it down. But there's still access to some of the photos she wasn't able to remove showing the whole Boo-Boo family with the McDaniel's. Naw, June, you haven't seen him, and don't seem to want to, right?

http://mcdanielbaby1.tumblr.com/post/97167220624/mama-june-and-lee

http://mcdanielbaby1.tumblr.com/post/98862670209/the-are-so-cute-together-emilymae-mcdanielbaby

http://mcdanielbaby1.tumblr.com/post/97065632489/julie-about-peed-herself-julieneururer-emilymae

http://mcdanielbaby1.tumblr.com/post/97066459244/i-think-they-like-her-lol-emilymae

mcdanielbaby1.tumblr.com/post/97067205994/june-honeybooboo-mark

You can see they're wearing the same clothes all day - hanging with the PedoFam, home shopping, and probably car shopping too since June is still wearing her lacy top. She had to be stupid to make that video, you don't cancel an already filmed cash cow because of one hotel room photo.

• Love 4
Many of the photos were pulled off the defending DIL's - "Peaches" - Instagram and Tumblr

Good catch. I saw Peaches was defending her father-in-law, I wonder if when her daughter gets older if she will leave her alone with him since she claims he is such an upstanding guy and all that.

Wait a minute...was Uncle Poodle with them? So does Sugar Bear know all this was going on but just went along with it to keep the gravy train rolling? This could get even more interesting and sick.

Edited by Armchair Critic

I have serious doubts Mama will be able to buy a house now that she has no income.  What a stupid woman.  I remember reading somewhere she decided they would not use the income for a better home, said she was putting aside the money for the girls.  What a bitch.  Maybe using the money for a nice home and education (tutors) now would have ensured the girls would have a better life.  I hope the older one's get a lawyer and sue her fat chins.

About two years ago, there were reports that Rosie O'Donnell offered to buy the family a new house.  Supposedly June declined the new home offer but did say she would like some renovations.  I can't find anything about it after that.  Does anyone know if Rosie came through with the renovations?  I stopped watching early on so I have no idea if the house had any changes. 

Rosie was a big fan of theirs, did she say anything about this on The View?

Perhaps it will be a hot topic.  I'm a big Rosie fan and loved the hell out of her radio show.  She's a childhood sexual abuse survivor, so it it will be interesting to catch her reaction to this news. 

According to TMZ and their contact with the county sheriff, McDaniels is allowed to be around children.  http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/28/mama-june-boyfriend-questioned-child-molestation-kids-safety/ 

Edited by CofCinci

June Shannon, has hired a family law attorney as child protective services has formally launched an investigation to determine if her boyfriend has committed any crimes involving the reality star’s three minor children.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/10/mama-june-shannon-here-comes-honey-boo-boo-hires-lawyer/

My first thought when I saw this? There are (literal) costs to being a horny fool.

Too bad (not) that her major source of income just ran away. Legal fees can be darn expensive.

Yup, she needs to lose everything - even if it's a legal fee at a time.

• Love 1

Wow. So I'm hoping that those articles are wrong because the state of Georgia isn't looking so good right now. Isn't it pretty much standard practice to include provisions to stay away from children after serving a prison term for child molestation?

Of course, I can't really fault anyone for not thinking that they needed a rule that said, "Oh and you can't shack up with the mother of the child you were convicted of molesting."

SMDH. This is going to be tabloid fodder for a long time..

• Love 2