Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Even the producers know Mike is full of shit. "But Mike, did you cheat on her?"

I know I shouldn't be shady because he was already staring at the ceiling, but that pause though.  LOL!!

15 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Mike is such a douche. That said, Jessica is crazy vindictive. 

Lol.  I prefer retaliatory.   She's very specific and wholly focused on his behavior.   I might just not recall but I don't remember her fucking with him before this.  It's always in response to what he's done or said to her.  And, p.s. the girl has whatever the auditory version of 20/20 is because from 6 feet away, while paying attention to her phone and with table background noise, she heard him call her a fucking bitch.    So....lemme see, you cheated, I still haven't put you on blast and you just called me a fucking bitch?  +  seeking nothing in the settlement?  I owncare whatchya'll say that girl was too good for him. 

14 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I didn't see what happened with MJ and her man, but yeah she's had years of Vida's influence.  Not sure I'd want to deal with all that.  I also missed the Mike/Jessica deal at the fashion show.  Of course, Reza HAD to get involved.  Sigh.  Surprised MJ didn't join in with him, saying how Mike & Jessica had betrayed the 'crew' with acting like they were in love forever (MJ can have several seats with that - yes, they were all along just scamming you, not like they thought or were dreaming that they'd make a go of their marriage.)  Asa was right, you couldn't give her 15 minutes, then deal with your shit?  What a bunch narcissistic friends (maybe except Shervin) - should call them the Me Me Me Crew.   (I also don't know why they refer to their group as their "crew".  Seems too wannabe hipster to me).

I missed this part too.  They can all kick a handful of rocks for the "betrayal".  You mean that girl that ya'll were giving such fever to when Mike first started dating that she had to pretend to reconsider their relationship?  The one who learned to make those yummy Persian Matzah balls from scratch that you ate every last one of?  Yeah she doesn't want to stay with your vow breaking boy and she don't have to.  All these married for 40 years parents in this group and ya'll studying some damn Mike and Jessica.  Get your lives!

12 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

MJ is  such an attractive woman so why does she seem to go out of her way to make herself look so bad?  Her clothes are so bad that I don't even know where to begin, too tight, too low cut, too short etc.   I'm all for doing what one wants and wearing whatever you feel like but it seems like she goes out of her way to look bad.   I think she has a very pretty face. 

Awww,  poor innocent Mike.  Jessica is so mean to him, I feel so bad.  (I hope y'all know that's sarcasm). 

How many Bravo shows with the "is he/she sick or faking?" story line does this make?  I can think of three but I'm sure there are more. 

Because she believes every rotten word Vida's ever said to her, about her, poor thing.

8 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Jessica wears more make up than a street mime. It's distracting. What was her purpose of even coming to Asa's event? It seemed like she showed up to show Mike she had a new man. She wanted him to see those texts. I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the huge assistive technology font. 

LOL!!!!!

{{headnod}} yup #gethimwhereithurts

and hey?  That's my font.  LOL!!

36 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Bullshit he didn't cheat on her.

I know mileage and all that but, don't no proud, egotistical, from a patriarchal society man volunteer to let his wife treat him like the goo on her shoe, unless, he knows she's got a justifiable reason.   When she got in the car to leave and he was all look just work with me, he was upset about her spreading their business in public.  I noticed he didn't deny it to her though.  

• Love 14
8 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Jessica wears more make up than a street mime. It's distracting. What was her purpose of even coming to Asa's event? It seemed like she showed up to show Mike she had a new man. She wanted him to see those texts. I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the huge assistive technology font. 

And you can tell she's trying to for the "natural" make-up look, except you can see her shimmery bronzer from a mile away. Speaking of, GG had a sharp line on her cheek where she needed to have kept on blending. That was very distracting. Not as distracting as Reza's every day bitchy face though. 

Also, another thing that Reza & company don't realize, which they might if they actually read up on what GG deals with, instead of their lame ass "we just want to be there for you, what's going on?" (no you don't, you idiots, you just want to be shitty dramatic friends to boost your own storyline) is that not all chemo is what you see with cancer patients. No, you don't lose all your hair and go bald, and you're not stuck in a bed with a port for hours at a time. The chemo she takes comes in a pill form. Very common for lupus, fibro and RA patients. These people are annoying me for making me stand up for GG. But now I know, apparently you can't be sick if you wear 4-inch heels. What about 2-inch heels, Reza, are those acceptable? Should she walk around in slippers and sweats, with her hair undone? One thing people don't realize about people with chronic illnesses - yes, you actually will take advantage of times when you can dress to the nines and feel attractive and normal. To do otherwise would be to give in to your disease.

• Love 5

. The chemo she takes comes in a pill form

She clearly said 2 hrs a month, in a chair,  with iv chemo.  I'm sorry, She's full of shit. I have RA and take methotrexate, an old school chemo drug. I can't drink when I'm on it as it's processed by the liver.  I've gone out to dinner, had a couple glasses of wine and then a week later,  a blood test and my doctor said "I told you no drinking!"  Yes I have to hear people say things like "well that other person is really in pain" and I'm like "I know you can't see it, but I'm in pain all the time. It's not excruciating all the time, but I can't wear fabulous shoes anymore. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks because of pain, but you don't see that. You don't see the exhaustion that comes from taking methotrexate, every freaking week." But I keep on.  She's just fill of shit.  

• Love 3

GG said she's about to start chemo, so she may not need to stop drinking yet. And of course she could be ignoring Drs orders. This group has no room to talk about GG's drinking, they all pretty much seem to drink non-stop.

My relatives who have RA can hurt in one place and be fine otherwise, be fine one day and in a wheelchair the next. One's been in remission for a few years now. You just never know which is why, probably with no research or information, they need to STFU especially Reza.

• Love 6

It's obvious that Mike and Jessica had a conversation at some point that they wouldn't discuss the main problem in their relationship on camera. Jessica didn't keep up her end of the bargain (can't blame her). Sounds like Mike isn't even sorry, but rather sorry he got caught and now has to answer to his "crew."

• Love 5
(edited)

Mike pushed Jessica too far and she let loose on him. I would have done exactly the same. She has been trying to keep her mouth shut about Mike cheating the last couple of episodes, you could tell she was dying to let it out but that asshole just couldn't leave well enough alone. He got what he deserved.  I'm glad she outed him for the lying, cheating scumbag he is. 

MJ didn't seem to be all the broken hearted about Tommy leaving her. You're planning on having a baby with this guy, you move him in to your life and home, then all of a sudden after a couple of counseling sessions pffft his bags are packed and he's out of there? I knew that relationship was never real. Fake, fake, fake MJ. 

I'm beginning to think Reza has a hard on for Mike. he's always making excuses for him. That advice he was giving Mike about Jessica (while missing the fashion show) was soooo off base. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, hatchetgirl said:

She clearly said 2 hrs a month, in a chair,  with iv chemo.  I'm sorry, She's full of shit. I have RA and take methotrexate, an old school chemo drug. I can't drink when I'm on it as it's processed by the liver.  I've gone out to dinner, had a couple glasses of wine and then a week later,  a blood test and my doctor said "I told you no drinking!"  Yes I have to hear people say things like "well that other person is really in pain" and I'm like "I know you can't see it, but I'm in pain all the time. It's not excruciating all the time, but I can't wear fabulous shoes anymore. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks because of pain, but you don't see that. You don't see the exhaustion that comes from taking methotrexate, every freaking week." But I keep on.  She's just fill of shit.  

This was filmed a few months ago. She also hadn't started the chemo, so her doctor could have changed the administration of methotrexate. As of current date, she takes the pill. And her doctor could also be telling her, "no drinking!" but not everything gets filmed, and not everyone follows doctors' orders. You don't know, because you're not GG. I get told not to drink with some of my medications. Do I always follow that advice? Absolutely not. But that's my prerogative, and it's no one else's business what I choose or not choose to do with my body, regardless of what illness or disease I'm dealing with.

Also, here's the 'funny' thing about autoimmune diseases - one size does not fit all, whether it's your symptoms, your drugs, your side effects, what freaking shoes you can tolerate walking in, and your overall functioning. If it was, doctors would have a better idea of the expected course of treatment, except that autoimmune diseases are so fickle, that everyone's doctors tell and prescribe their patients different things, and it's always a "see if this sticks" if not, let's try something else instead.

I think you should do you, and not focus on whether or not she is full of shit (unless you're concerned about her bowel movements). The last thing we should do is rip each other down. Ugh.

Edited by MattDuffysCat
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

He's been doing that for years. I assume he thought it was a "cool" "gangsta" hip-hop thing to do for "street cred" at least ten years ago. Do people even call each other "bitches" anymore?

Thanks for pointing this out.  I hadn't noticed it so much before.  He seems nastier this year.  

Talk about product placement. Twice this episode it's shown and mentioned the cat loves eating Cheetos. And in the previous camping episodes Gigi and others are seen eating or sitting by Cheetos. 

Who answers the door openly brandishing a machete? 

Who's natural reaction is to grab a assault weapon when the door rings; not thinking it may be a fed ex man or flower delivery or neighbor but assumes it's an automatic threat to your life? 

• Love 2
(edited)

So in Reza's head GG just had surgery on her hand for shits and giggles? I mean GG should not be drinking and maybe her vocabulary talking about her treatment to her friends isn't the best but why make this an issue? 

Reza is the worst. I mean it can't be said enough but he is also the person  who started throwing cake at Shervin's birthday. He and MJ threw more cake than GG and what's her name.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I also have an "invisible disability" and it is SO heart-breaking/ soul-breaking/ violently depressing when people won't believe you.  Sadly, that is more often than not.  I also do things that my doctor probably wouldn't recommend but I figure that the CONSTANT pain is so great that the consequences aren't as important right now.  That doesn't mean I'm "faking" it-- it means that I'm dealing with it as much as I can, but I'm not perfect.

I haven't always been a fan of GG, but I was CRUSHED when she was blind-sighted and accused of faking her illness.  I know how much pain that causes, especially when it comes from people you love and trust and hold dear.

• Love 8

That said, Jessica is crazy vindictive. 

She thrives on the victimhood. She's always camera-perfect for each of her "scenes." Can't stand her and have always believed she and Mike crafted their relationship for television.

I thought they were all mean and nasty to GG.  Seven years ago I met a woman who'd been diagnosed with RA at the age of 25, when I met her, she was about 47.  From what I understand, RA is progressive but like MS you can be fine one day and not fine the next day.  I also think GG does a lot of self-medication, which is why she drinks too much.  I am sure much of this is producer driven, but I still felt it was very nasty.

Jessica and Mike are there for the cameras; next they'll go on WEtv's"Celebrity Boot Camp: Reality Stars," or VH1's "Couples Therapy."

• Love 5
19 hours ago, MattDuffysCat said:

This was filmed a few months ago. She also hadn't started the chemo, so her doctor could have changed the administration of methotrexate. As of current date, she takes the pill. And her doctor could also be telling her, "no drinking!" but not everything gets filmed, and not everyone follows doctors' orders. You don't know, because you're not GG. I get told not to drink with some of my medications. Do I always follow that advice? Absolutely not. But that's my prerogative, and it's no one else's business what I choose or not choose to do with my body, regardless of what illness or disease I'm dealing with.

True, but you can't expect people to feel sorry for you.  GG doesn't just have a drink she gets smashed.  Alcohol = inflammation, period.  It makes no sense to me that someone with health issues would drink.  I am watching a friend with kidney problems, who has been on dialysis for years, who drinks till drunk almost every day.  She will die from this and I will be sad but really she hasn't helped at all with her issues.  She has been taken off the transplant list because she can't get a clean pee in years.

Reza is like your uncle that thinks he's cool but really is so dated.  At a certain point you can't say dude, bitches etc.  Who does that?

• Love 2

True, but you can't expect people to feel sorry for you.  GG doesn't just have a drink she gets smashed.  Alcohol = inflammation, period.  It makes no sense to me that someone with health issues would drink.  I am watching a friend with kidney problems, who has been on dialysis for years, who drinks till drunk almost every day.  She will die from this and I will be sad but really she hasn't helped at all with her issues.  She has been taken off the transplant list because she can't get a clean pee in years.

Exactly.  If she really was trying so hard to get better, she would be on a course of meds and not pounding alcohol.  Totally her choice, but she wouldn't be at such a bad point of she had stayed on meds.  When she goes to get chemo, they will blood test her and I'm sure they will see her liver is working overtime and they won't do it.  Then she'll go drinking again and it will be this cycle.  If it's true, it's hit her lungs and heart, well, that's pretty much all she wrote.  

RA is very aggressive and progressive but not at all like MS. MS doesn't have the meds that RA has.  There is no reason for her to live jet life in complete pain but if she can't change them I'm not going to be in this pity train.  I work damn hard for my health. I've had to work hard to get respect and believability re a medically depressed immune system but damn it people still come to my desk, sneezing, coughing etc. My company finally gave me an office to help.  This is what I mean.  Yes, I will have a glass of wine here or there but my health is so important, I won't play.  If I get a cut that becomes infected, I'm off my meds for however long, with the potential of overnight iv antibiotics.  

I understand what a bitch this disease is.  I've cried my eyes out over having it and having to take dangerous meds for the rest of my life.  It's exhausting.  The meds suck, the looks I get, it's stupid.  But, it is what it is and every year, I do the AIDS Walk because I take my meds.  I do Concrete Hero,  in my own time, because I take my meds.  I will do whatever it takes to keep this from going to be heart and lungs and to continue being an effective human without begging for pity. 

GG is a mess, it's sad but if she doesn't get her shit in order, she will not be with us long. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, hatchetgirl said:

GG is a mess, it's sad but if she doesn't get her shit in order, she will not be with us long. 

Even if GG wants people to feel sorry for her, that's no reason to accuse her of making up her disease. Is that stupid of her to want the attention? Of course. Does it mean she should be accused of fabricating lies? No. Until her friends are in her (4-inch high) shoes, they are just being unsupportive butt tards. 

Also, you're being a bit dramatic with the "she will not be with us long". She's not on the verge of death. 

Ok, this is a reality show on bravo.  It's the 3rd to have a "I think someone is making this illness up" on bravo, in succession.  I don't really think these people are friends in real life and don't really care to walk in her shoes but would rather take their $ and walk.  I think she is the same.  It's definitely producer driven and is been engrossing but I think we need to step back.  I'll don't really care if she's sick or not at the end of the day. This show is a perverse but of fluff that I admit enjoying but it's not my raison d'etre.

• Love 1
(edited)

Reza is really shitty to stand there and egg Shervan on re: GG - "Ask her, ask her!" No, asshole, if you have issues with someone, you be a man and ask yourself. Don't get people to do your dirty work. (Which, to Shervan, grow a spine and stand up to Reza.)

Edited by AnnieBananie
clarity
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

Reza is really shitty to stand there and egg Shervan on re: GG - "Ask her, ask her!" No, asshole, if you have issues with someone, you be a man and ask yourself. Don't get people to do your dirty work. (Which, to Shervan, grow a spine and stand up to Reza.)

You know, in light if this, I wonder if it's one I'd Reza's practical jokes that's been edited without his cackling?

What these people do not seem to understand is that chemotherapy does not equal cancer. Any drug/pharmaceutical based therapy can be considered chemotherapy. It simply means taking concentrated doses of drugs as a treatment option for disease. People with MS can get infusions that are considered chemotherapy, as can people with other chronic illnesses such as RA. Yes, chemotherapy has been most familiarly associated with cancer treatment, but that is not its sole usage. GAH, these people. Instead of defaulting to GG's lying, how about ask her questions about the treatmment or if nothing else Google it. You know, like real friends who cared would do. 

• Love 4
On 6/10/2016 at 11:36 AM, charmed1 said:

Her boyfriend, Jermaine Jackson, Jr., was on the show during an episode of the first season. They went to go visit Quincy Jones' grandson back when Asa's storyline was making music or whatever the hell she calls it. Back when she had her original ass. I recognized him immediately because he portrayed his father in the Jacksons biopic. He's one of Jermaine's original kids that he had with Hazel Gordy, Berry Gordy's daughter, and not one of the unfortunate cousin/sibling offspring  that Jermaine made with his brother Randy's woman. 

Ahhhh, so that's how she got access to Uncle Michael's Thriller jacket.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, jnymph said:

I am no Jessica fan. However, I've just got to admit this: I took joy in watching Mike squirm over her texting someone else.  Karma, baby. 

It just felt so contrived and juvenile for her to sit there and do that to piss him off. She is lucky he wasn't violent.

20 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

It just felt so contrived and juvenile for her to sit there and do that to piss him off. She is lucky he wasn't violent.

I don't think a woman should feel lucky her husband doesn't beat her.

• Love 10

Reza plans a last-minute group trip to Belize, hoping Mike and Jessica can work out their issues while there.  In Belize, Mike nervously waits for his wife's arrival, MJ mulls over life without Tommy, and tensions explode during a first-night dinner.

The only part of this show that seemed real for a minute was when Jessica told Reza she wouldn't be getting back with Mike. His face fell and he looked like he was about to cry when he asked "why?"

I don't know why they care so much about getting Mike and Jessica back together when they spent all last season hating Jessica. The GG drama bores me.

• Love 10

Why does any one of them care if GG has RA or not or if she's exaggerating?  If she's going through treatment, she may be truly scared and may be exaggerating a bit.  So what?  And if that's the case, then be supportive.  True she shouldn't be drinking or smoking probably, but that is her business.   There is a notable person in town here - has had knee and hips replaced before they were 40 due to RA.  It's not a joke.  How do these assholes know what is and what is not proper treatment for RA?  

She was so trying not to blow up, but I was thinking my God, I would be blowing up at these assholes in no time.  

MJ, whether Jessica is there or not, or why she is not - none of your business.  She cannot get that through her thick skull.

Reza is such an absolute asshole.  Next week, he calls Jessica.  Again, none of your business. None.  I missed him speaking with Jessica - but why?  If a couple is having problems, those TWO have to work on it, not the "crew".  

• Love 6
(edited)

Does Reza hate his own life or something? He's such a miserable nosey dramatic little shithead. Well, little big shithead, that noggin is huge.

Also, when MJ was staring at her eyebrows for at least a full 4 seconds while driving instead of looking at the road, I was holding my breath. That was so not cool.

Edited by MattDuffysCat
  • Love 4

This is no defense of MJ -- Shervin totally called her on the self-sabotage -- but I know firsthand, the power of an Iranian parent yapping in your ear about the mistakes they're JUST SURE you're making.

(This is all noted with sorrow and affection.  I miss you so much my darling Papa-joon, and would give anything to hear you boss me around again.)

• Love 11

Haven't watched this season at all, but stumbled on this episode.  That GG is so unlikeable and annoying to watch but at the same time I feel sorry for how empty her life seems. She has RA? I am sorry for her. My sister, a nurse, also has it. Early onset in her 20s and it is a horrible, progressive disease that can manifest itself  differently in different people. After almost 20 years, Sis is now on methotrexate along with other drugs. She also does not smoke or drink, exercises as her body allows, and focuses on a healthy lifestyle to help combat the RA.  GG  seems to do the opposite as well as misinform her family and friends about the status of her disease and treatment.  Probably fear of having this disease is affecting her thinking...but she is a hot mess, needs a hobby or a job to give meaning to her empty life and give her something to do.  You can be a productive person and live a good life with RA if you don't play the victim and have nothing to do in your daily life (and playing a nutcase on a scripted reality show doesn't count).

• Love 10

When is Shervin going to realize that Reza set him up to take the fall with GG? He didn't question her RA/treatment before Reza got in his ear and spewed poison. Reza is terrified that GG, or any other cast member, has a sympathetic storyline that doesn't involve him, so he has to cast doubt on everything, including an illness.

• Love 3

I don't even like GG but Shervin and Nima are both up there with Reza. Nima's "confession" wasn't positive when both Reza and GG started off in light hearted confessions, it was a shitty thing to do. The way Shervin was pissed about GG not owning her apology to his satisfaction and she needed to learn a lesson from it was creepy. Quite frankly I am shocked she apologized at all because he came for her at the very least it should have been a mutual apology, so sit down Shervin's and Nima. 

• Love 4

I believe GG has RA.  The way her "friends" are treating her was all kinds of wrong.  My understanding of it is, it's progressive.  I wonder if GG's drinking and partying is an attempt to self-medicate, or deny that she has the illness.  I feel sorry for her because other than the show, I'm not sure she has a life.  Didn't she have a hair extension line?  Asa is trying different businesses, but poor GG just seems like a lost child to me. 

• Love 7

GG's dramatic about everything so, of course, she's going to be dramatic about her RA.  That doesn't mean anything other than she's DRAMATIC!

Shut up everyone with your bullshit "tough love" and it's "for her own good" abuser language crap.  

Ugh, these people, I need to go to the corner in a comfortable caftan and eat some ceviche with Asa.

• Love 5

Shervin- so he's not perfect after all. Actually, a perfect asshole is more like it. Ughhh what a disappointment. There could have been a better approach to asking GG what was up. I don't know how he became so wealthy, dumb luck I guess because he just doesn't seem to be that smart to me. Reza set him up like a puppy dog telling him to go to GG and basically call her a liar. And he went right over to her and did just that. 

I do have to say that Shervins view from his backyard is breathtaking. All the lights of the Hollywood Hills or the city at night or what ever the view is supposed to be is to die for. He needs to teach Mike how to make money because I think this is the life Mike dreams of having but never will. 

MJ please shut up with your stupid voicemail messages to Tommy. It's no wonder he's not calling you back. 

Adam couldn't go to Belize because he had to work? Anybody know what he does for a living? 

• Love 3

Leave GG alone!!! I DO NOT want another show about fake illness ......even though I believe GG really does have RA. (Of course I believed Brooks to so what do I know)

Was Reza throwing water??? What is it with this crew and throwing shit?

I to was surprised to hear Adam had a job. I thought he was a house husband. Hum

Mikes going to end up a used car salesman when he's 50 longing for his big life in Vegas and his hot wife that he threw away.

I give GG a pass for smoking and drinking. Obviously she's self medicating with the liquor and smokig is wicked hard to quit especilly when your under pressure.

9th person watching here......

• Love 8