Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Guess I missed the big reveal - for a while all they showed was the back of his head, top of his head, or other view that didn't show his face. I can see both parents in his sweet face.

They didn't show his face for ages. 

Then they did the big reveal in People(?) magazine which I presume they got paid for. 

Since then they've put lots of pictures of his face on FB and Instagram.

• Love 8

They didn't show his face for ages. 

Then they did the big reveal in People(?) magazine which I presume they got paid for. 

Since then they've put lots of pictures of his face on FB and Instagram.

Thanks - I figured they were waiting for a magazine deal but somehow missed it when it finally came.

I think Todd really let it slip was the real problem between them was. I really feel like the crux of the falling out between Kandi and Phaedra is basically that Todd and Kandi don't believe that Phaedra is so innocent and was so clueless about Apollo's dirty dealings.

I've never been cool with Porsha and her temper. Even if I accept that Porsha was more likely to throw down with women she doesn't really like, Kenya and Cynthia, but what's her excuse with a woman, Jami, who had been her friend and employee just moments before. Porsha has real problems. If this woman was her friend and employee, Porsha seemingly had many opportunities to address their issues before it came to physical blows.

Also if Nene is providing you with words of wisdom, then you are not on the side of the angels.

Todd spent far more time with Apollo than Phaedra did, so it isn't beyond the realm of possibilities that Todd was well aware of Apollo's illegal doings and I wouldn't put it past Peter to have helped Apollo hide some of that money.

What did Phaedra think the emails that she queued up meant? It illustrated Todd's point that all of the emails were between Todd and Phaedra because the excuses she read were all about Apollo being sentenced so she was busy but the issue had been raised before that as Todd illustrated when he came to the meeting and showed Phaedra all the documentation,

For me, the emails showed that Todd didn't come for the money until after Apollo was charged/sentenced/went to prison. He, Todd, waited until Phaedra was at her most vulnerable, still dealing with all of the fallout of Apollo's crimes and his going to prison, to finally demand payment. Funny, how Todd says that Apollo had nothing to do with the video and that is why Todd never asked him BUT, Kandi had nothing to do with the contract either yet Todd had no problems asking her to talk to Phaedra about paying him. LOL 

• Love 16
(edited)
She's confirmed that she thinks that if she's in her feeling and wants to put her hands on you then she will do just that. Period. That's some shit right there. SMH.

Yes, as Andy pointed out her discussions about her violence always center on the other person and never on her admitting that she has no right to put her hands on people. If Bravo brings her back, it is setting a really low bar for RHOA.

I did LOL at Dwight though, wearing Porsha's hat while coming over to the ladies to give that fight recap.  "This is Porsha's hat, that I found in the alleyway."

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 8

For me, the emails showed that Todd didn't come for the money until after Apollo was charged/sentenced/went to prison. He, Todd, waited until Phaedra was at her most vulnerable, still dealing with all of the fallout of Apollo's crimes and his going to prison, to finally demand payment. Funny, how Todd says that Apollo had nothing to do with the video and that is why Todd never asked him BUT, Kandi had nothing to do with the contract either yet Todd had no problems asking her to talk to Phaedra about paying him. LOL

This!

From what I heard, Phaedra thought that they were friends. She helped Todd when his Mom died (with the funeral?), and they waited until Apollo went to jail to ask for the money. Friends don't wait until you're going through some things to call in a bill. Just as if Todd and Kandi were really friends, they would've checked on Apollo's son's. Even if they don't like Phaedra, they/he should've did it on the strength of his friendship with Apollo. That shows me that they (Todd and Kandi) felt some kind of way towards Phaedra because of Apollo's troubles. I don't know Phaedra, but I don't get this dirty low down vibe from her. I'm not sure why Kandi would think that she would've called the FEDS. Kandi nor Todd aren't the kind of friends that I would want. Kandi didn't go after Kim no where near as aggressive,and Kim made over $100,000 off of her dumb ass. I will admit, I don't like Kandi. I'm still pissed over her role in the break-up, and the lack Exscape reunion. I don't like Todd because I find him to be money hungry. The way his mother was treated... There's no way that I could've stood for that. Then again, I'm petty, so ignore my rantings.

Aging Goth I agree with everything that you said about Porsha. I don't want to see her off the show. I like Porsha. I didn't get everyone expressing fear of her, really? If you don't want a Porsha beat down, don't point things in her face, put your fingers in her face, or bring her sisters baby daddy to a party. It's that simple. I admire her for getting help.

I wish Kim were coming back. She brings a certain amount of class to the show. I don't know her husband, but I didn't get a gay vibe from him.

Was Peter drunk?

• Love 14

I can understand if the 'mercial wasn't shown on the finale.  It's not that good.  Here's a link -- http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-8/videos/kandi-burruss-reveals-one-fight-you-didnt-see-on-rhoa

It's just quick shots of them on the beach, and goes from color to black & white as Cynthia puts on and removes the glasses. 

I have no, I repeat NO experience as a director/producer and I feel I could have made a better video of this with my iphone. Talk about projects you don't deserve to be paid for.

• Love 8

When Porsha was discussing her anger management issues, and how she, prior to her on-going treatment, felt justified in putting her hands on someone who "took her to that place" (which, in that statement, proves she has a long way to go with therapy, because she's not accepting responsibility for her actions), did anyone else wonder if maybe, just maybe, this could have been one of the reasons for her divorce from Cordell?  

Is it possible there could have been some domestic violence there, on Porsha's part?  And, Cordell, being a big former football player, didn't want that to get out in the public? 

This is what this show does to me - makes my brain go to all kinds of crazy places!!  

• Love 6

Yes!!! Those girls shut up when Andy let them know their gay bashing was not a good look. Everyone who needed to apologize had the decency (and good sense) to apologize before the reunion. Except for Kenya... Funny how Kenya was still thinking she could get away with a half assed apology. But Andy let this kind of stuff go on in prior years with no real repercussions. So they had no idea this was the year they would get in trouble. Bout time.

When Andy turned to her and asked why haven't you apologized?  That girl was turned back into an ambushed beauty paegent contestant.  All that damned hem, haw and stutter?  Lol!  I thought I heard a pin drop in that room.  

Porsha makes me sad. Kenya deserved her ass beating. I can't speak for the Cynthia situation, I didn't see it. Nor can I speak for what happened at the finale, but girlfriend, that's 2 fights in less than a year. Stop letting people take you there. Everyone isn't worth the aggravation. Some people like Kenya, will keep provoking you,and she most definitely isn't worth it. Learn how to cut a bitch with words. Words hurt far worse, and everyone can respect someone who can throw shade.

This nearly* mirrors my sentiments.   It's hard for me to want scold Porsha when my (general) belief is that if you poke a sleeping bear, you're implying preparedness for what happens when it wakes up.

*then this:

At any rate, I think Porsha needs to go and I mean completely go ... no visits, no showing up for a party, nothing.  She has to.  At this point - with three on camera physical fights under her belt - Bravo can't have her on this type of show anymore.  Conflict and confrontations are practically de rigueur, and she has demonstrated a complete inability to control herself.  She wants to claim people are provoking her ... oh, please.  Other people get provoked, too, but she is the only one I see repeatedly losin' her shit over it.   It's good that she is getting some kind of therapy (probably an attempt to save her peach).  She damn sure needs it.  But that does not guarantee anything about her behavior in the future, and her presence is a liability risk at this point.  It's time for her to say goodbye.

Look, I'm sure we've all had moments we wouldn'tve wanted captured on somebody's cell phone.  Real quick poll, who up in here is looking at the fresh side of 40 or beyond and can recall being involved in 3 physical fights since leaving high school?  Ya'll trying to make this sound like it's normal lol when two of her exerciseable options include doing nothing and walking away.   But we in here talking about how this grown ass woman has put her hands on somebody for a third time since we've known her.   Since we've known her.  Anybody this good and comfortable with this as a first response has been beating asses as a response to conflict for years.  It's just not what mature adults do.

Not to mention that Todd cleared that up right away saying that FROM JUMP Phaedra made it clear to Todd that business discuss would go through her and that Apollo wasn't the person to talk to. Todd was VERY clear about that detail and yet all Phaedra could come up with is that maybe Todd should have asked for his money while he was hanging out with Apollo. Also as to the various time frames and gap between requests. Was it just me or did Phaedra not set the tone for the stilted money discussion? She pulled out emails and it sounded like she was making it a point to throw out how close those requests came after Apollo's debacle began. It sounded like her responses were a bit along the lines of "wellllll all this shit is coming down regarding apollo so I'll get back to you. So why wouldn't they back off and give her time and space.

Not just you.  I couldn't really figure out what one had to do with the other.  Your husband is being sentenced.  My sympathies.   The hell does that have to do with how long it takes to write a check and put a stamp on the envelope.  Shit, you work by and with contracts.  She tried it.  I gotta give it to her, she's good.  Making it simultaneously sound like Todd was hounding her AND he'd been neglectful in his pursuit of money that was owed to him.   Heffa's a genius.   I wonder how that would work in real life:

IRS:  you have a tax obligation we'd like to discuss

Phay:  ok I'll get back to your shortly

IRS:  {second notice} please get in touch with us to discuss your outstanding tax obligation to avoid lien/seizure

Phay:  we'll talk about it soon, my husband got sentenced 8 days ago

IRS:  {final notice} you owe $9K in back taxes, we're notifying you to make a payment arrangement

Phay:  say what?  You still talking about that money?  That was a year ago and I haven't heard anything since because I've been ignoring my mail, but that's not the point, everybody knows that after 12 months goes by I don't owe it anymore.  And you didn't ask my husband for the money??  Chile, bye.

By the way, I absolutely can't stand the defense of shitty behavior with the following words:  I was a good friend to you.   It's a really cheap attempt to detract from the current and real issue.  If I weren't a good friend back, not only would you have tapped out before this, I wouldn'tve talked my husband out of his legal right to enforce his contract out of respect for our friendship and the difficult time you were going through.  Kandi has acknowledged and apologized for not being there when Phaedra needed her.  Phaedra continues to dismiss the ways in which she did Kandi dirty.   They both fucked that friendship up but Kandi was the only one willing to do what needed done to repair it.

Homegirl CHASED that bitch down an alley. Nah man, having a knee jerk reaction like when Kenya was putting that shit in her face and with Cynthia there was at the least the personal space issue that I could AT LEAST understand if not condone but chasing someone down with the intent to physically assault them? That's a whole 'nother level of rachet sorry. She's confirmed that she thinks that if she's in her feeling and wants to put her hands on you then she will do just that. Period. That's some shit right there. SMH.

Girl.   See this right here though?  Guess what that tells us?  That Jami had already walked away.

Nene 1997 called, she'd like her catsuit back.

I did giggle when Nene, Kandi and Sheree expressed the opposite of discomfort about Porsha.   Buck if you want to.   Hee hee!

Unless Andy is going to go back through the annals of the franchise, he can be still 'bout feeling insulted.  I'm not here for Kenya but Nene has said much worse to and about the gay community to Andy's face.  So yeah dude stand all the way up or sit all the way down.

• Love 21

Todd spent far more time with Apollo than Phaedra did, so it isn't beyond the realm of possibilities that Todd was well aware of Apollo's illegal doings and I wouldn't put it past Peter to have helped Apollo hide some of that money.

For me, the emails showed that Todd didn't come for the money until after Apollo was charged/sentenced/went to prison. He, Todd, waited until Phaedra was at her most vulnerable, still dealing with all of the fallout of Apollo's crimes and his going to prison, to finally demand payment. Funny, how Todd says that Apollo had nothing to do with the video and that is why Todd never asked him BUT, Kandi had nothing to do with the contract either yet Todd had no problems asking her to talk to Phaedra about paying him. LOL

This!

From what I heard, Phaedra thought that they were friends. She helped Todd when his Mom died (with the funeral?), and they waited until Apollo went to jail to ask for the money. Friends don't wait until you're going through some things to call in a bill. Just as if Todd and Kandi were really friends, they would've checked on Apollo's son's. Even if they don't like Phaedra, they/he should've did it on the strength of his friendship with Apollo. That shows me that they (Todd and Kandi) felt some kind of way towards Phaedra because of Apollo's troubles. I don't know Phaedra, but I don't get this dirty low down vibe from her. I'm not sure why Kandi would think that she would've called the FEDS. Kandi nor Todd aren't the kind of friends that I would want. Kandi didn't go after Kim no where near as aggressive,and Kim made over $100,000 off of her dumb ass. I will admit, I don't like Kandi. I'm still pissed over her role in the break-up, and the lack Exscape reunion. I don't like Todd because I find him to be money hungry. The way his mother was treated... There's no way that I could've stood for that. Then again, I'm petty, so ignore my rantings.

Aging Goth I agree with everything that you said about Porsha. I don't want to see her off the show. I like Porsha. I didn't get everyone expressing fear of her, really? If you don't want a Porsha beat down, don't point things in her face, put your fingers in her face, or bring her sisters baby daddy to a party. It's that simple. I admire her for getting help.

I wish Kim were coming back. She brings a certain amount of class to the show. I don't know her husband, but I didn't get a gay vibe from him.

Was Peter drunk?

Something wonky is happening with my screen and the quotes but anyway:

I forgot the answer to this: why should Todd have to come after his money again?

• Love 5

Kandi was so adamant about the guy in Miami and how he should never have spoken to the women the way he did, and she was right, but now she's just sitting there as her own husband goes after one of her own friends, another woman.  Todd was disgusting how he spoke to Phaedra especially considering all she's going through right now.  

• Love 7

Yes, as Andy pointed out her discussions about her violence always center on the other person and never on her admitting that she has no right to put her hands on people. If Bravo brings her back, it is setting a really low bar for RHOA.

I did LOL at Dwight though, wearing Porsha's hat while coming over to the ladies to give that fight recap.  "This is Porsha's hat, that I found in the alleyway."

So someone asks her about an  altercation and she's just supposed to say, "I shouldn't have done it"?  She can't walk through her thought process at the time?  She can't say, YOU KICKED ME, when everyone is making her out to be the Hulk?  She can't tell the backstory towhat happened in the dark ass alley that the cameras basically didn't catch? She's just supposed to say, "I was wrong" and that's it?

That's...not likely.  

• Love 12

I think Porsha's anger issues are every bit as serious as they suggested at the reunion, and perhaps more. She doesn't just get angry; she seems to actually lose her mind. And the fact that she was still using language that blamed others for "making" her react physically and violently suggests that whatever anger management counseling she's getting hasn't been working. Bravo should have removed her from the show after the incident with Kenya at the last reunion. She is a person who could very easily end up killing someone.

• Love 9

Another show of Andy's hypocrisy.  I think Porsha has anger issues.  However, it is duplicitous of Andy to chastise her, serve Porsha up for a public flogging over her anger issues AND air the tape of the altercation.  He is wagging his finger at the behavior and encouraging it at the same time. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I still don't think Porsha realizes the most basic thing of all, which IMO is beyond if someone is justified to respond physically to someone invading their personal space. To me, it's the fact that if someone does something like excessive finger pointing or grabbing someone by the wrist, while extremely rude, does not give someone carte blanche to go apeshit in response. It's a completely disproportionate reaction. I compare it to road rage. If someone cuts you off and throws some old taco bell out the window on your just-washed car, even though it is a total dick move, you don't run them off the road and break their windows. 

There is a world of difference between self-defense and actually wanting to badly hurt someone as retribution to a perceived slight.

I also give some leeway for one time knee jerk reactions that were amplified by alcohol and past events. IMO this is exactly what happened with Cynthia. She was slightly drunk, stressed out over Peter, pissed off, and sees someone with a history of violence coming at her in a threatening way. I think she saw Porsha as a threat and removed the threat by kicking out at Porsha. I don't think she ever meant to physically harm Porsha or teach her a lesson about what happens if you fuck with Cynthia Bailey. Then she felt immensely embarrassed. THAT is a normal reaction to an out-of-character event. Had she chased Porsha down an alleyway, or dragged her across the stage by her hair, there would be clear intent to cause bodily harm and it would be a different situation. 

I didn't like Kordell and still don't. I found him arrogant and controlling. I also think he's a closeted homosexual (totally unrelated to why I don't like him) and that he had an arrangement with Porsha that he'd provide for her as long as she played the role of good wife. He always claimed that the reason for their divorce was because they fought constantly and she was out at the club all the time "behaving badly" which I thought to take as disapproval of her drinking or being sexually provocative, but now I wonder if he was trying to keep her propensity for fighting under wraps. Beards and Stepford Wives are generally not that ratchet. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 11

Funny how an opinion can change. I don't like Todd and Kandi at all (I really was rooting for Todd last season). Kandi has no compassion for anybody at all. Only herself. That's the only time her tears start to flow. It still bugs me and always will that Todd was such good buddies with Apollo. Hanging in the strip clubs and all. What does that say about Todd?

Now that the reunion and season is over, I'm waiting for the announcement that Kenya and her boy toy are done. There is no way they are for real. 

Kim's husband is the only husband I like! Say what you will about Kim and "Chrissy", those two are the only successful ones in the bunch (aside from Kandi). 

• Love 4

Something wonky is happening with my screen and the quotes but anyway:

I forgot the answer to this: why should Todd have to come after his money again?

Don't get me wrong, Phaedra should have paid him on time but that she didn't and he allowed it and that begs the question of why. Why did he allow Kandi, his wife, to get involved in this but he wouldn't involve his "friend", Apollo, because neither one was part of the contract. And, both Todd/Kandi admit to them not asking for the money until after all hell broke loose with Apollo and his leaving for prison. Why wait to ask until things are at their worst for/with your "friend" ? They all knew he, Apollo, was being investigated, they all knew he was charged, they all knew he pled guilty and they all knew he went to prison, so why wait until he is behind bars before you ask his wife for money? Why have your wife to ask for the money but you refused to ask the husband, your friend, for the money, although neither of them were involved with the "contract", Apollo was involved with the "project" from the get go!

Oh, and Todd/Kandi sticking to the idea that Phaedra called the Feds is beyond ridiculous. They both knew what Apollo was charged with/pled guilty of, they both knew the Feds were looking for his property and yet never said a word to Apollo to get his stuff out of their garage, same with Peter/Cynthia. And both couples knew that that episode aired on TV before the Feds came calling.

• Love 11

He, Todd, waited until Phaedra was at her most vulnerable, still dealing with all of the fallout of Apollo's crimes and his going to prison, to finally demand payment.

AT&T, GEICO, Verizon, etc. don't give a damn if your husband is going to jail, being sentenced for life, if you have a headache, etc.  Your bill is due on X date and if you don't pay by X date there will be consequences & repercussions.

Todd & Phaedra is a prime example of why you don't do business with friends.

Porsha is like a dangerous dog that gets into that zone and bites and mauls until it's put down.  Even with extensive training you can never be sure the dog won't go off again.

• Love 16

I still don't think Porsha realizes the most basic thing of all, which IMO is beyond if someone is justified to respond to someone "having their hands in my face". To me, it's the fact that if someone does something that is disrespectful such as invading one's personal space, it is not a normal reaction to attack that person, and there is a difference between self-defense and beating the shit out of someone as retribution. I also give some leeway for one time knee jerk reactions that were amplified by alcohol and past events. IMO this is exactly what happened with Cynthia. She was slightly drunk, stressed out over Peter, pissed off, and sees someone with a history of violence coming at her in a threatening way. I think she saw Porsha as a threat and removed the threat. Then she felt immensely embarrassed. THAT is a normal reaction to an out-of-character event.

Who did Porsha beat the shit out of?  We never saw Jami, and Kenya, while attacked was uninjured.

• Love 9

I think Porsha's anger issues are every bit as serious as they suggested at the reunion, and perhaps more. She doesn't just get angry; she seems to actually lose her mind. And the fact that she was still using language that blamed others for "making" her react physically and violently suggests that whatever anger management counseling she's getting hasn't been working. Bravo should have removed her from the show after the incident with Kenya at the last reunion. She is a person who could very easily end up killing someone.

It's really just me? I'm the only one who sees this as a gross overexaggeration?

Where are the pictures of Jami looking like Rihanna post Chris Brown?  Cynthia was not the victim in their fight, and Kenya wasn't injured.  

Most times, when I think of someone who might kill people I think of people with a history of injuring people.  You know, like Glen. Or Chris Brown.  Whichever one of them Blood Sweat and Heels girls who cut Melissa.  

• Love 15
(edited)

Porsha & Kenya both need to learn self control and stop playing with people.  Both of them will come up on the "right one" one day and get their asses kicked.  Perhaps that's what they need.

Both of them are middle aged, they are too old to be fighting in alleyways and provoking schoolyard fights.

Edit: The Blood Sweat Heels situation is a prime example of what I'm talking about.  Melyssa Ford got all up in Geneva's face, hands going every which way, Geneva felt threatened and went oops upside Melyssa's head.  Geneva should've had self restraint and walked away from Melyssa but Melyssa decided to try "the right one" and caught a bottle to the head.  Sitchoazz down, stay out of people's personal space, stop provoking them and grow up.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 5

AT&T, GEICO, Verizon, etc. don't give a damn if your husband is going to jail, being sentenced for life, if you have a headache, etc.  Your bill is due on X date and if you don't pay by X date there will be consequences & repercussions.

Todd & Phaedra is a prime example of why you don't do business with friends.

Porsha is like a dangerous dog that gets into that zone and bites and mauls until it's put down.  Even with extensive training you can never be sure the dog won't go off again.

As I said, Phaedra should have paid him on time. That said though, Todd allowed Kandi, who was not involved with the video project, in any way, to become involved but refused to talk to Apollo even though he, Apollo, was involved with the video project the entire time. He can't have it both ways IMO. Todd/Kandi and Phaedra all come out of this looking stupid and to blame for things going south, not just Phaedra, all of them.

Porsha & Kenya both need to learn self control and stop playing with people.  Both of them will come up on the "right one" one day and get their asses kicked.  Perhaps that's what they need.

Both of them are middle aged, they are too old to be fighting in alleyways and provoking schoolyard fights.

I agree! There is enough blame to go around with both women.

• Love 5

It's really just me? I'm the only one who sees this as a gross overexaggeration?

Where are the pictures of Jami looking like Rihanna post Chris Brown?  Cynthia was not the victim in their fight, and Kenya wasn't injured.  

Most times, when I think of someone who might kill people I think of people with a history of injuring people.  You know, like Glen. Or Chris Brown.  Whichever one of them Blood Sweat and Heels girls who cut Melissa.  

I think if you watch Porsha in these situations, she literally seems to be out of her mind: her entire body and face changes, and she seems to be removed from herself.  If  you look at that situation with Cynthia on the boat, Porsha had how many people on top of her trying to hold her down, and she was positively vibrating, making noises like a trapped animal.  It was frightening.  The fact that she behaves this way when she knows she's in front of TV cameras is just further proof that she literally cannot control herself.  It may seem an exaggeration to say that she could kill someone, but her history -- especially the failure to take responsibility for her own actions, still blaming others for "making" her do these things -- is precisely the profile of someone who kills in a fit of rage.  Bravo better hope it doesn't happen on their watch. 

• Love 10

I do wish they would they would make Sheree a full time housewife.

I don't see a thing that Sheree brings to the table in order to sustain a role on the show.  Her main purpose is "legacy" for being an original (albeit delusional.., "I am going to get 6 figure settlement from my ex..., She by Sheree runway show without clothes, etc..) cast member.  I mean they are still demeaning this lady to her face about her failed house building and failed fashion line.

But other than being a "runteldat" a role for which anyone of the people on there can do, I don't see what she is doing.  The whole getting back together thing with the ex too me was manufactured to have a storyline.  I think the ex benefited probably by getting a little lovin from Sherree which is why he agreed to do it.

• Love 6

Actually if you are on facebook, Kandi has Ace face plastered all over.  She has pictures of just about every relative holding him, She shows him dressed in just about every outfit with pictures

12512664_10154123502914380_3421645970864

his head's too big.  ;-)

Look, I'm sure we've all had moments we wouldn'tve wanted captured on somebody's cell phone.  Real quick poll, who up in here is looking at the fresh side of 40 or beyond and can recall being involved in 3 physical fights since leaving high school?  Ya'll trying to make this sound like it's normal lol when two of her exerciseable options include doing nothing and walking away.   But we in here talking about how this grown ass woman has put her hands on somebody for a third time since we've known her.   Since we've known her.  Anybody this good and comfortable with this as a first response has been beating asses as a response to conflict for years.  It's just not what mature adults do.

Lookin at the stale side of 60 and have never been in a physical altercation.  In my life.

• Love 6
(edited)

Who did Porsha beat the shit out of?  We never saw Jami, and Kenya, while attacked was uninjured.

I reworded, but I think allegedly choking Jami and what she did to Kenya were pretty violent even if she wasn't actually punching them. If someone chased me and tried to choke me I wouldn't feel like saying they assaulted me was being dishonest. JMHO.

ETA: I don't want to imply that I think Porsha is a hairsbreadth away from murder. I guess I just see it as a spectrum. Like, with Chris Brown and Rihanna, or Ray Rice and his wife, you could make an argument that these are both extremely volatile people who are capable of rage that could result in a death. Porsha is not on that level--but if she feels provoked verbally she may react by pulling the hair out of your head, pushing, chasing, intimidating, etc., and while these things may not land you in the ER that's not a normal adult reaction.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

I think if you watch Porsha in these situations, she literally seems to be out of her mind: her entire body and face changes, and she seems to be removed from herself.  If  you look at that situation with Cynthia on the boat, Porsha had how many people on top of her trying to hold her down, and she was positively vibrating, making noises like a trapped animal.  It was frightening.  The fact that she behaves this way when she knows she's in front of TV cameras is just further proof that she literally cannot control herself.  It may seem an exaggeration to say that she could kill someone, but her history -- especially the failure to take responsibility for her own actions, still blaming others for "making" her do these things -- is precisely the profile of someone who kills in a fit of rage.  Bravo better hope it doesn't happen on their watch. 

Yeah, I don't see what most see with her and that's fine.  There was one MAAAYBE 2 people on top of her on the boat and I don't care if it was 30. SHE WAS KICKED lol. I don't find it abnormal or indicative of some deeper issue that she really wanted to fuck up the woman who kicked her in the stomach.

She definitely did the same thing with Kenya, but even that she said she was mad she lost her temper right away.  As far as Jami goes, whatever happened in the alley she seemed to walk away without production(again who knows, in that dark ass alley)

I'm not saying she doesn't have her issues, but this whole fake ass pearl clutching thing Kenya and Cynthia are playing at is bullshit.

• Love 12

Where was Greg?

I think only the husbands and boyfriends of the peach holding housewives were present.  I guess Nene at this point is considered "friend of" status and I think that's why no Gregg.

Maybe he doesn't want to get all up in women's bidness.

Todd allowed Kandi, who was not involved with the video project, in any way, to become involved but refused to talk to Apollo even though he, Apollo, was involved with the video project the entire time.

I don't blame Todd one bit for not wanting Apollo to get involved. Any check that Apollo wrote to Todd could have been confiscated by the feds or at least it would have raised questions. 

• Love 1

When Porsha was harrassed by kenya until Kenya stepped over the line and accused Porsha of cheating and twice calling her a dumb whore during the time she was going through the divorce.  She was immediatly remorseful that it ended that way.  Kenya, however took great pleasure in it and announce "You're so fired!" which was Kenya's intention all along.  and this after riding this girl throughout that season.

Cynthia was the aggressor in the boat trip thing who kicked Porsha,  When Cynthia who was going through the same situation that Porsha went through the time before went batshit at porsha and over reacted to a perceived slight.  Cynthia escalated that fight and it was Cynthia that used violence.

The third incident we know very little about and we already know that Bravo cameras are almost always misleading

If Porsha is violent then so is Cynthia for kicking her and sending her to the hopital

So is Nene for jumping over the table to attack Kim Z in the tour bus

So is Kandi for trying to drag a bitch and being restrained by Nene

So is Phaedra for almost attacking Kenya in the restaurant when Kenya and Cynthia accused Phaedra of cheating with Mr Chocolate

So is Sheree for snatching Kim Z wig in an altercation outside a club

So is Kenya for pulling the chair from under Kim F

Porsha has walked away from more exposive altercations than she has been part of.  And for anyone to even perceive that she was actually abusive to Kordell is just plain fantastic

• Love 18

Yeah, I don't see what most see with her and that's fine.  There was one MAAAYBE 2 people on top of her on the boat and I don't care if it was 30. SHE WAS KICKED lol. I don't find it abnormal or indicative of some deeper issue that she really wanted to fuck up the woman who kicked her in the stomach.

She definitely did the same thing with Kenya, but even that she said she was mad she lost her temper right away.  As far as Jami goes, whatever happened in the alley she seemed to walk away without production(again who knows, in that dark ass alley)

I'm not saying she doesn't have her issues, but this whole fake ass pearl clutching thing Kenya and Cynthia are playing at is bullshit.

Oh, I definitely agree that Cynthia and (especially) Kenya are doing some pearl clutching, to be sure.  But that doesn't mean that Porsha doesn't have a serious problem.

• Love 7
(edited)

Kandi was so adamant about the guy in Miami and how he should never have spoken to the women the way he did, and she was right, but now she's just sitting there as her own husband goes after one of her own friends, another woman.  Todd was disgusting how he spoke to Phaedra especially considering all she's going through right now.  

Wait what did I miss? Was Todd throwing up gang signs pushing women out the way calling Phaedra "little bitch"? I'm confused. A heated discussion is unacceptable because the other party happens to be a women who by the way is sitting HALF A  ROOM away from him? So loud tones are just sooooo unacceptable for the delicateness of fragile women. Come now. A man can show frustration and anger about a SITUATION without it falling into the realm of pearl clutching and vapors. That was a discussion that was GOING to happen. No if and or buts and to expect Todd not to express his exasperation while discussing it all the while Phaedra tryna to put her own shady spin on it? Ummm yeah, Todd was not happy and didn't hide it. Why should he?

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 15

In "saw it coming" news

A DM blogger called out Matt for trying to hook up with her.  When it got out, he pretended to be his 'manager" and said that the email was posted a year ago.  Guess he forgot that anything gotten of the internet is date/time stamped

I don't blame Todd one bit for not wanting Apollo to get involved. Any check that Apollo wrote to Todd could have been confiscated by the feds or at least it would have raised questions. 

Yet he had no problem "storing" Apollo's stuff in their garage then accuses Phaedra of calling the Feds even though he/Kandi know that episode of them discussing it aired directly before they showed up at their house. Maybe it was Cynthia that told the Feds about Kandi/Todd to get the heat off of her, as they showed up at her house, first but they didn't blame her! LOL

• Love 3

The third incident we know very little about and we already know that Bravo cameras are almost always misleading

Unless Porsha was actually running backwards down the alley to get away from Jami and Bravo reversed the tape to make it look like she was running toward Jami, the footage is not misleading.   And Porsha acknowledged at the reunion Jami had made her upset and that is why she was running after her.  There is no Bravo sleight of hand at work here, not that I can see.

Even if one wants to mount another defense of Porsha on the grounds that she was "provoked"somehow, in this case there is just no excuse because whatever happened between the two women was OVER.  Jami was gone from Porsha's presence.  No one was waving a hand or a scepter in Porsha's face or shouting at her with a bull horn at that moment.  She was not being grabbed, hit, or slapped or threatened in any way. She was simply angry and sought out a confrontation which quickly turned physical.  Again.  These situations keep seeming to find Porsha.  

When one person is the common denominator in that many violent situations with so many different people, it's time to put the blame where it belongs and stop making excuses for her.  

• Love 15
(edited)

Don't get me wrong, Phaedra should have paid him on time but that she didn't and he allowed it and that begs the question of why. Why did he allow Kandi, his wife, to get involved in this but he wouldn't involve his "friend", Apollo, because neither one was part of the contract. And, both Todd/Kandi admit to them not asking for the money until after all hell broke loose with Apollo and his leaving for prison. Why wait to ask until things are at their worst for/with your "friend" ? They all knew he, Apollo, was being investigated, they all knew he was charged, they all knew he pled guilty and they all knew he went to prison, so why wait until he is behind bars before you ask his wife for money? Why have your wife to ask for the money but you refused to ask the husband, your friend, for the money, although neither of them were involved with the "contract", Apollo was involved with the "project" from the get go!

Oh, and Todd/Kandi sticking to the idea that Phaedra called the Feds is beyond ridiculous. They both knew what Apollo was charged with/pled guilty of, they both knew the Feds were looking for his property and yet never said a word to Apollo to get his stuff out of their garage, same with Peter/Cynthia. And both couples knew that that episode aired on TV before the Feds came calling.

Because, as he explained, the contract ensuring his payment was between he and Phaedra not he and Apollo. We know that he didn't involve Kandi because Kandi's contribution was to ensure that Todd didn't upset Phaedra any further by demanding payment. She got involved to Phaedra's benefit

Is this really the standard for determining whether or not one meets the threshold of assault? Does it need to be?

Unless Porsha was actually running backwards down the alley to get away from Jami and Bravo reversed the tape to make it look like she was running toward Jami, the footage is not misleading.   And Porsha acknowledged at the reunion Jami had made her upset and that is why she was running after her.  There is no Bravo sleight of hand at work here, not that I can see.

Even if one wants to mount another defense of Porsha on the grounds that she was "provoked"somehow, in this case there is just no excuse because whatever happened between the two women was OVER.  Jami was gone from Porsha's presence.  No one was waving a hand or a scepter in Porsha's face or shouting at her with a bull horn at that moment.  She was not being grabbed, hit, or slapped or threatened in any way. She was simply angry and sought out a confrontation which quickly turned physical.  Again.  These situations keep seeming to find Porsha.  

When one person is the common denominator in that many violent situations with so many different people, it's time to put the blame where it belongs and stop making excuses for her.

Exact point I was trying to make ^^. It's no different than a claim of self defense from a person who has shot another in the back. c'mon.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 11

I keep reading where Apollo was involved with Phaedra's video and therefor Todd should have gotten the money from him. I thought Apollo was only involved with the Donkey Bootie video and Phaedra was alone responsible for the never released pregnancy video, which was the one she had not paid for.

Color me confused.

• Love 1

his head's too big.  ;-)

Lookin at the stale side of 60 and have never been in a physical altercation.  In my life.

This is the first baby I've ever seen who looks like he needs to immediately grow a mustache.

• Love 7

Because, as he explained, the contract ensuring his payment was between he and Phaedra not he and Apollo. We know that he didn't involve Kandi because Kandi's contribution was to ensure that Todd didn't upset Phaedra any further by demanding payment. She got involved to Phaedra's benefit

Not really, he, Todd, got Kandi involved when he asked her to get the money from Phaedra.  Apollo was directly involved with the making of this video, Kandi was not involved in any way shape or form. LOL

• Love 3

Is this really the standard for determining whether or not one meets the threshold of assault? Does it need to be?

Assault? No. I was responding to someone claiming Porsha was 2 steps from murdering someone. And that threshold has absolutely not been met for ME.

• Love 5

I think there's something off about the Chris and Kim relationship. Like there's another version of their relationship in real life, behind the scenes, and they play-act the noble self-righteous thing for reality TV. I think he's controlling her.

I'm all about being self-employed and people making a lot of money if that's their goal, but Kandi and Todd come off like hardened cynical money-grubbers. Interesting theory that Kandi is the boss of that relationship. I'd assumed it was Todd, but I may be wrong.

Too bad Andy didn't rise up against the gay-bashing several years ago. He's a bit late for me to take his noble stance seriously.

• Love 1

Not really, he, Todd, got Kandi involved when he asked her to get the money from Phaedra. Apollo was directly involved with the making of this video, Kandi was not involved in any way shape or form. LOL

Didn't he say Phaedra told him (Todd) to only deal with her and not Apollo? So Phaedra can't have it both ways either then.

All these HW shows giving me a headache now lol! Snark from here is more entertaining.

• Love 5

I think there's something off about the Chris and Kim relationship. Like there's another version of their relationship in real life, behind the scenes, and they play-act the noble self-righteous thing for reality TV. I think he's controlling her.

I'm all about being self-employed and people making a lot of money if that's their goal, but Kandi and Todd come off like hardened cynical money-grubbers. Interesting theory that Kandi is the boss of that relationship. I'd assumed it was Todd, but I may be wrong.

Too bad Andy didn't rise up against the gay-bashing several years ago. He's a bit late for me to take his noble stance seriously.

No way. No way in hell that man let Kandi do nothing while Joyce went around Atlanta calling his mom a prostitute if he ran that relationship.  

I don't think Kandi runs him either, though.  I think they just live in a passive-aggressive bubble.

• Love 6

Wait what did I miss? Was Todd throwing up gang signs pushing women out the way calling Phaedra "little bitch"? I'm confused. A heated discussion is unacceptable because the other party happens to be a women who by the way is sitting HALF A  ROOM away from him? So loud tones are just sooooo unacceptable for the delicateness of fragile women. Come now. A man can show frustration and anger about a SITUATION without it falling into the realm of pearl clutching and vapors. That was a discussion that was GOING to happen. No if and or buts and to expect Todd not to express his exasperation while discussing it all the while Phaedra tryna to put her own shady spin on it? Ummm yeah, Todd was not happy and didn't hide it. Why should he?

I think his general tone is what people are referring to.  His sneering and hand waving and basic aggression in his voice is what made me uncomfortable.  That's verbal abuse from where I sit.  The hateful, sarcastic tone of voice was a bit over the top.  He was very dismissive and generally a dick.  If I was a woman going into business with him, I might think twice after seeing it.  To me, when a man speaks to a woman like that...that's a man who does not respect women.  The only thing saving Todd from me totally writing him off as having an issue with women is the fact that I've never seen him speak to Kandi like that and he seemed very close with his mother.

He needs to watch that tone though.  It's extremely off putting.  I don't care what he feels Phaedra did to him and what he felt she deserved in response to her nonsense.

• Love 5

Unless Apollo also signed the contract with Todd, Apollo wasn't responsible for paying Todd.  By this logic, anyone who worked on the video was responsible for payment to Todd...the boom mic operator, the makeup artist, the extras (if there were any).

The contract was with Phaedra.  Phaedra tried to get out of paying the money.  Phaedra got shamed on national TV into paying the money she owed.  It's over, the end.

I am only 1 degree away from Chris (and apparently was a schoolmate of his) but I'm not going to ask our mutual friend for any information about him.  I don't think Chris is controlling of Kim at all.  They seem to have their roles cut clearly: Chris is the dominant one, Kim falls back.  If that's how they like it, I love it.

• Love 1

Where are the pictures of Jami looking like Rihanna post Chris Brown? Cynthia was not the victim in their fight, and Kenya wasn't injured.

Most times, when I think of someone who might kill people I think of people with a history of injuring people. You know, like Glen. Or Chris Brown. Whichever one of them Blood Sweat and Heels girls who cut Melissa.

*raises hand* I don't see Porsha as dangerous, and I'm not afraid of her. It's not like she beat the shit out of anyone. Do I think that she should be off the show? No. If anything, Kenya needs to go for being a shit starter. She's a very unpleasant person.

• Love 9
(edited)

I had always admired Kandi for being able to keep her storylines interesting without getting her hands dirty or coming off looking terrible.  But these past two seasons I've really seen a lot of missteps on her part in order to remain relevant on the show.   First thing, no matter how much you might be in the right, it's really not a good look to publicly hound and trash talk your former best friend... who was deceived by her felonious husband and has been left to raise her adorable young sons by herself.  I mean, with the kind of money Kandi makes this is basically fighting over pennies. Kandi and Todd put Phaedra on blast last year, then Phaedra attempted to pay some of the money.  I think Kandi should have left it at that.  It's her best friend -- she should know how she is.  Secondly, there are ways to get people to pay you back without them even knowing it.  It sounds like Phaedra handled Todd's mother's legal affairs for free.  Why not get her to handle a couple of other legal matters -- like the opening of that new restaurant.  Lawyers are expensive.  Simply guilt her into doing the work pro bono.  Maybe Aunt Joyce could have suggested Phaedra pay for the baby shower "to make things right."  All I'm saying is there are other ways to get back what you're owned with yelling "Bitch better have my money!"  But finally, not only was Phaedra one of Kandi's best friends, she also introduced Kandi to Todd.  She is responsible for bringing them together.  That should count for something.  Keeping a relationship with someone who granted such a blessing on me would be more important than a few thousand dollars -- especially if I'm a millionaire.  Karma has already hit Phaedra.  I just don't see the point of continually pouncing on this woman in public.  Kandi, it's not a good look.

Edited by plotpointer
  • Love 8