Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

I find it ...curious ... a woman who makes her living on 2 shows in front of the camera and endorsing products is so quick to get physical.

Porsha's entire livelihood is her face and body!

Why in the world would she jeopardize it for beating ass?!?!!

And one day she will run into the wrong one.  I remember a time when girls would carry razor blades in their mouth, so when someone fought with them they would slice up their face.  I once saw a girl in Albertsons who had clearly had her face cut like that.....and that poor girl.....her face looked like a tic-tac-toe board.  If you're quick to get into physical fights you don't know when you'll end up fighting someone that has no problem going even lower and cutting up your face.

• Love 4

When Kenya called the police, she said she was being hit in the head.  Also, her hair was pulled hard enough to take her down to the ground.  It stands to reason that she was hurt and sore even if her injuries weren't visible.

Good for her!  She's lucky she didn't get worse.  I'm sorry security got there so quick.  The only sympathy I have for Kenya is in relation to her mother and that's usually only briefly because in the next scene she's doing something foul.

• Love 5
(edited)

Good for her!  She's lucky she didn't get worse.  I'm sorry security got there so quick.  The only sympathy I have for Kenya is in relation to her mother and that's usually only briefly because in the next scene she's doing something foul.

Porsha's grandfather faced police dogs, water hoses and outright brutality....which he was able to counter with nonviolence.  And did so for the cause of equality.  Porsha can't handle someone talking over her on a sound stage, so rather than leave the situation  she has to become violent.  I find her behavior so pathetic for someone her age, she is well over 30 and she still doesn't know how to use her words?  

Oh well, Porsha will likely find herself on the wrong side of someone and end up getting her ass in a hospital or in prison.....and she will have just wished she walked away.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 15

I find it so unfortunate that people would co-sign violence.  Porsha's grandfather faced police dogs, water hoses and outright brutality....which he was able to counter with nonviolence.  And did so for the cause of equality.  Porsha can't handle someone talking over her on a sound stage enough to simply leave the situation but has to become violent.  

Oh well, Porsha will likely find herself on the wrong side of someone and end up getting her ass in a hospital or in prison.....and she will have just wished she walked away.

PUHLEASE.  

Kenya's whole problem is that there are too many people in the world who turn the other cheek, and won't, in fact, beat her ass.

She's a trifling person, who says disgusting things because she's counting on others to not punch her in the eyeball like she deserves.  Did Porsha's pull work? No, because she STILL says shit-tastic things to Porsha and everybody else, all the while pretending she thinks Porsha is some bottle of kerosene, ready to strike at any moment.

If Kenya really thinks Porsha's that violent, and the whole time still saying inflammatory things to her, I wonder about the girl's sanity.

• Love 8
(edited)

PUHLEASE.  

Kenya's whole problem is that there are too many people in the world who turn the other cheek, and won't, in fact, beat her ass.

She's a trifling person, who says disgusting things because she's counting on others to not punch her in the eyeball like she deserves.  Did Porsha's pull work? No, because she STILL says shit-tastic things to Porsha and everybody else, all the while pretending she thinks Porsha is some bottle of kerosene, ready to strike at any moment.

If Kenya really thinks Porsha's that violent, and the whole time still saying inflammatory things to her, I wonder about the girl's sanity.

Kenya's problem is that people won't beat her up?  What world do we live in where we solve obnoxious people by beating them to a pulp?  I'll gladly live here where we allow people to be obnoxious and lock people up for being violent.  I prefer not to live in the company of violent felons, and would prefer obnoxious people, because at least I can just walk away.

Yes, she is allowed to speak, and talk and say what she likes.....the last time we had a society where we allowed people to be beat up for saying things, we had a King.  People have every right to say obnoxious things without being hit or violently accosted.  This is why we have jails....its where we put simpletons like Porsha who can only respond to frustration with violence.

The idea that people should just talk to Porsha in dulcet and kind tones because she is violent underlies the very reason why she shouldn't be around people who know how to resolve their differences without resorting to violence.  

But hey, I think it will be funny the day Porsha starts with her nonsense and gets her ass handed to her or ends up in prison.  Broken bones, a slashed face or a prison term may finally teach Porsha to behave like a human adult.  But, if she doesn't learn her lesson....its just another good reason to have jails and prisons.  Thats where people go when they can't use their words.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 18

Kenya's problem is that people won't beat her up?  What world do we live in where we solve obnoxious people by beating them to a pulp?  I'll gladly live here where we allow people to be obnoxious and lock people up for being violent.  I prefer not to live in the company of violent felons, and would prefer obnoxious people, because at least I can just walk away.

Yes, she is allowed to speak, and talk and say what she likes.....the last time we had a society where we allowed people to be beat up for saying things, we had a King.  People have every right to say obnoxious things without being hit or violently accosted.  This is why we have jails....its where we put simpletons like Porsha who can only respond to frustration with violence.

The idea that people should just talk to Porsha in dulcet and kind tones because she is violent underlies the very reason why she shouldn't be around people who know how to resolve their differences without resorting to violence.  

But hey, I think it will be funny the day Porsha starts with her nonsense and gets her ass handed to her or ends up in prison.  Broken bones, a slashed face or a prison term may finally teach Porsha to behave like a human adult.  But, if she doesn't learn her lesson....its just another good reason to have jails and prisons.  Thats where people go when they can't use their words. 

Kenya is right damn blessed all those things you wish on Porsha hasn't happened to her yet.  Freedom of speech doesn't preclude freedom of receiving an ass-whooping, and YES some people need their asses whooped. Kenya, them Westboro assholes, those white folks forever calling black people the N word, etc.

I feel like with all the ugliness of the things Kenya says, starting with threatening to punch a pregnant woman's teeth out she's absolutely earned an asswhooping.  No amount of Ghandi/MLK/Turn the other cheek ideals will change my mind.

I never said anyone should talk to Porsha any kind of way.  I said it's a LIE that Kenya is concerned for her safety, whole time continually disrespecting someone.  Or that she has mental issues to provoke someone who she thinks would actually hit her again.

• Love 8
(edited)

Porsha's grandfather faced police dogs, water hoses and outright brutality....which he was able to counter with nonviolence.  And did so for the cause of equality.  Porsha can't handle someone talking over her on a sound stage, so rather than leave the situation  she has to become violent.  I find her behavior so pathetic for someone her age, she is well over 30 and she still doesn't know how to use her words? 

Just because you hail from non-violent lineage doesn't mean you subscribe to those philosophies or beliefs.  Like it or not, Porsha's grandfather is who he is and Porsha is who she is.  Some times the apple falls far from the tree.

Kenya's behavior is pathetic for somebody five years away from 50.

As far as Porsha finding herself on the wrong side of someone, the same can be said for Kenya, the next time security might not get there in time.

But hey, I think it will be funny the day Porsha starts with her nonsense and gets her ass handed to her or ends up in prison.  Broken bones, a slashed face or a prison term may finally teach Porsha to behave like a human adult.

RCharter sounds like your co-signing violence.  Welcome to the club.

Edited by appledumpling
  • Love 8

Kenya is right damn blessed all those things you wish on Porsha hasn't happened to her yet.  Freedom of speech doesn't preclude freedom of receiving an ass-whooping, and YES some people need their asses whooped. Kenya, them Westboro assholes, those white folks forever calling black people the N word, etc.

I feel like with all the ugliness of the things Kenya says, starting with threatening to punch a pregnant woman's teeth out she's absolutely earned an asswhooping.  No amount of Ghandi/MLK/Turn the other cheek ideals will change my mind.

I never said anyone should talk to Porsha any kind of way.  I said it's a LIE that Kenya is concerned for her safety, whole time continually disrespecting someone.  Or that she has mental issues to provoke someone who she thinks would actually hit her again.

Actually, freedom of speech does preclude people from getting an ass whooping for using words.  This is why people like Porsha end up in jail, because you can't just physically attack people because they are obnoxious.  The true test of a civilized society is how you treat the worst in society, which is why, even though I hate the Westboro Church, I don't think they deserve to be beaten for being obnoxious assholes.

Well....then its a good thing we have jails for people who are unrepentant advocates of violence.   The only think Porsha got out of her violence was an arrest record.  If her grandfather could use nonviolence in the face of all the pain and rage he faced, than surely dummy Porsha could stand being spoken over with a bullhorn.  

Maybe Kenya is scared for her safety and speaks her mind regardless -- no one should be expected to walk on eggshells for fear of getting attacked by the some nitwit who doesn't have the good sense god gave a fruit fly and doesn't know how to use her words.  There shouldn't even be a choice, every woman should feel free to speak their mind without fear of attack by Porsha.

Just because you hail from non-violent lineage doesn't mean you subscribe to those philosophies or beliefs.  Like it or not, Porsha's grandfather is who he is and Porsha is who she is.  Some times the apple falls far from the tree.

Kenya's behavior is pathetic for somebody five years away from 50.

As far as Porsha finding herself on the wrong side of someone, the same can be said for Kenya, the next time security might not get there in time.

RCharter sounds like your co-signing violence.  Welcome to the club.

Yep, in the case of Porsha the rotten apple is pretty much decomposing in the trash.  Sad, her grandfather had a rich and important legacy that she claims to be proud of, but continually disgraces.  

Kenya is talking -- stirring shit and starting drama.  I'm never going to place mere words on the level of a violent rage fueled attack.  They simply aren't the same.

Kenya probably doesn't spend time around violent thugs like Porsha.  People who use their words often hang around other people who use their words.  Violent THOTS like Porsha normally hang out around equally violent THOTS.  Its kinda like Thunderdome.

I don't co-sign violence, but when someone plays in the dirt, I find it funny when they finally get the dirt they have been so richly asking for.  Time and again, Porsha has attacked others, so while  I wouldn't wish it upon her, one day she will run into the wrong person....the same way every violent person eventually does.  They run into someone bigger and stronger, or someone who doesn't buy the "but I was provoked" excuse.  And it feels like a special comeuppance for someone who deals with violence to be put in prison or have to deal with what they are so ready to hand out.  

• Love 10
(edited)
And since I'm petty AF I would say "I know how much you want to have children, since I'm a decade younger I'd be happy to donate an egg or carry it for you since you're probably working with dust" --big smile. That's how you solve a bitch like Kenya.

Porsha has her own fertility issues so she best not go there.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 5
(edited)

And since I'm petty AF I would say "I know how much you want to have children, since I'm a decade younger I'd be happy to donate an egg or carry it for you since you're probably working with dust" --big smile. That's how you solve a bitch like Kenya.

To which I would happily reply "thats a great idea Porsha, I mean, you clearly have a shitty body that won't be ruined by carrying my child....and you don't really have much going on, so sure Porsha, you should carry my child......maybe you can find a man who likes pregnant THOTS and it will be a win-win!  But I'm going to have to decline your offer of an egg Porsha, because you're stupid and I don't want my child growing up not knowing that there are 365 days in a year or that the underground railroad was not an Amtrak train."

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 3

And one day she will run into the wrong one. I remember a time when girls would carry razor blades in their mouth, so when someone fought with them they would slice up their face. I once saw a girl in Albertsons who had clearly had her face cut like that.....and that poor girl.....her face looked like a tic-tac-toe board. If you're quick to get into physical fights you don't know when you'll end up fighting someone that has no problem going even lower and cutting up your face.

You're right, but Porsha isn't the kind of girl who just fights people unprovoked. That would be Kenya. Kenya would've got her face sliced open. That bullhorn act? Calling someone's husband gay? Basically everything that Kenya does, would've got her served. I don't know where y'all are from, but defending one's self doesn't make you a thug. That's definitely what happened with Kenya, and from what I hear with Cynthia. As far as the 3rd fight, I don't know what happened. These situations would hardly require someone handling her, plus Porsha has those hands. I think that she could handle herself in a fight. Now Kenya, with her slick talking, instigating ways wouldn't last a week in the hood.

Confession, I'm a 41 year old stay at home wife and Mom. I haven't lived in anyone's hood in over 25 year's. I do have hood connections via family, friends, and Facebook so I just go by what they say.

• Love 5

Actually, freedom of speech does preclude people from getting an ass whooping for using words.  This is why people like Porsha end up in jail, because you can't just physically attack people because they are obnoxious.  The true test of a civilized society is how you treat the worst in society, which is why, even though I hate the Westboro Church, I don't think they deserve to be beaten for being obnoxious assholes.

I don't co-sign violence, but when someone plays in the dirt, I find it funny when they finally get the dirt they have been so richly asking for.  Time and again, Porsha has attacked others, so while  I wouldn't wish it upon her, one day she will run into the wrong person....the same way every violent person eventually does.  They run into someone bigger and stronger, or someone who doesn't buy the "but I was provoked" excuse.  And it feels like a special comeuppance for someone who deals with violence to be put in prison or have to deal with what they are so ready to hand out.  

It really doesn't, hence why there are pictures of a guy laid out on the sidewalk with a bloody face because he thought it was cute to use the N word.  People who are really bout that life?  Are people who really will take that risk when it comes to hateful people who "only" use their words. Verbal abuse is a a real and actual thing and sometimes people react to it with physical violence.  And I find it funny when THEY finally get the dirt they have been so richly asking for :).

Literally everything you say about Porsha is what the right one would say about Kenya so we really are just on totally different ends of the spectrum.

• Love 8

Here is some footage of one of Porsha's anger management sessions.  I assume Bravo is saving it for the unseen clips wrap up next week.

It is interesting she mentions only having been in two altercations.  I assume she is talking about with Kenya and Cynthia.  So it seems she went onto attack Jami after she began anger management.  I need to know the timing of this.

She is dumbfounded at the suggestion that she "walk away" from all her perceived provocations.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-8/episode-20/videos/unseen-footage-porshas-anger-management

• Love 5

I'm sorry but this whole conversation has become a bit much for me.  The idea that someone deserves and ass beating, punch in the eyeball, ass whoopin' or whatever colloquialism one wants to employ has just gone too far. I am far from being a pearl-clutcher, but people ... really.  We all need to dial back the violent rhetoric back a notch or TEN.  This is the Real Housewives, ya'll.  Can we please keep it in perspective? 

• Love 21
(edited)

Since I have been screaming this at my computer monitor for the last few days as I read this forum, I have to put it down in writing so I can move on. The only reason to EVER physically confront - put your hands in anger on - someone is self-defense, because that someone is physically attacking you.

There are NO excuses for how Porsha behaved. None. She was not provoked to physical violence; she chose to confront words and foolishness with her hands and body. If someone getting "into your space" enrages you, move the hell away. She has a serious problem for which there are no justifications or excuses. I hope she remains in therapy and takes it seriously. Her words at the reunion don't give me much hope in that however.

I think the whole anger management thing is either a lie or ordered by Bravo. No way did Porsha decide on her own  to go- she's the victim of circumstance after all. If everyone would just stop provoking her she wouldn't need to put her hands on them. I've been physically assaulted, as I'm sure many of us have- and her statements about the "incidents" don't show someone who has grown or is truly sorry. I've grown up with the belief that no matter what someone says to you, you don't have the right to hit them. Good idea (and law) in my opinion.- Where would the guidelines be? We can only hit people of our own ages, genders, and abilities? Others have different opinions- not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just stating my opinion of Porsha's temper. I have been verbally provoked many a time, and to me going in for the hit is giving the instigator exactly what they want. My actions are usually driven by logic-barring extreme circumstance- and to punch someone in the face for calling me stupid or a whore doesn't make sense to me. I haven't proved any point by beating someone up, I sure as heck haven't disproved their point, I haven't "won" anything, so why would I do it?

Porsha is fun and cute- until she isn't. I enjoy her on RHOA, but she should be fired at this point regardless of instigation or various other causes for her violent behavior. (And yes, if this is how angry she can get at coworkers/friends it would not surprise me if she had committed battery on her spouse during their marriage, where there is typically more emotion involved.)

BTW, it seems that holding Porsha accountable for battery = team Kenya. I don't see how the two are connected. I actually find Porsha more likeable than Kenya, but I still maintain that physical violence from anyone is unacceptable.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 16

it seems that holding Porsha accountable for battery = team Kenya

I don't know/care who is on which team but not holding Kenya accountable for her aggression, provocation and violence is just downright unfair. Even after I posted about Kenya grabbing Nene's ear--crickets. 

Porsha has her own fertility issues so she best not go there.

Yeah but I don't and I would was my point. 

And I'll be honest I've been a Phaedra-stan since this epic read

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3f6J794i0k

• Love 5

Celia Rubenstein

I'm sorry but this whole conversation has become a bit much for me.  The idea that someone deserves and ass beating, punch in the eyeball, ass whoopin' or whatever colloquialism one wants to employ has just gone too far. I am far from being a pearl-clutcher, but people ... really.  We all need to dial back the violent rhetoric back a notch or TEN.  This is the Real Housewives, ya'll.  Can we please keep it in perspective?

- Totally agree. Some of the attitudes in this forum are mind boggling. Those who make excuses for Porsha's aggressive, animal-like behavior are really no better than neanderthals.

• Love 8

More have come out about the alley fight...  It was about the man that Jami brought with her to the party.  Apparently, Porsha took serious offense to his being there. There is nothing saying just who the guy was but there is speculation that it was Lauren's baby daddy.  That was the disrespectful part that Porsha might be referring to but she has kept very quiet about the matter.

• Love 1

Why the hell is Porsha beating up on the girl who brings Lauren's baby daddy to the party?  Did the guy leave Lauren for Jami?  Is he not claiming the baby and they all are going to have to go on Maury Povich to straighten this out?

If it was Porsha's party, she should have just said they were not welcome and had security escort them out.  Rightly or wrongly, this is what Kenya does all the damn time.

• Love 6

The only time violence is okay is when it's in retaliation of someone getting physical with you. If you think that beating someone down for being 'verbally' annoying or aggressive is worth a mugshot and possible prison jumpsuit, then I guess that's your prerogative. Did Porsha's beatdown help her any? No, it didn't because Kenya still comes at her. You know what does work? Ignoring the stupidity around you. Had Porsha jumped up and immediately tried to confiscate the bullhorn rather than attack Kenya, it would have been a lot more acceptable. Both Kenya and Porsha have issues. Kenya hides behind her words and the reason why there are Kenya's in the world is because there are Porsha's in the world that give attention to that behavior.

• Love 7
(edited)

The problem with that is that Porsha has not been able to carry a baby to term, so that kind of low blow would be a moot point. I may be working with dust, but you're working with faulty plumbing. At least I could buy someone's eggs, eat some of your twins yams and push a kid out. You are stuck, Chuck. Maybe one of the dudes using you for convenient tv pussy can hook us both up.

PUHLEASE.  

Difference between Bad Girl's Club/VH1 type of people and people who are not ratchet. 

People who live by beat your ass philosophy end up in prison or with nothing, people who play mind games end up on top, or at worst, a few months of minimum security lockup and the bulk of their assets post release.

Hood mentality will land you nowhere. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 7

I think one reason Chris put up such a strong defense against the gay accusation was because it was an insult to Kim.  Sure, it's offensive to use "You're gay" as an insult [because there's nothing wrong with being gay], but when you accuse a married man, with children, you're accusing him of having a secret life.  By extension, you're saying the wife is stupid, for not knowing, or that she's dishonest, because she knows but she's hiding it, living a lie, putting up a facade.

I hope I said that right.

I thought this exactly. There's nothing wrong with being mad at the accusation because with that implication you are saying that he is deceiving his wife and children. That's he's a liar and it also dishonors his marriage. So yeah, there are certain aspects that do make it an insult and offensive.  However I really do appreciate how he described a persons sexual orientation has nothing to do with their character so to lobby it around as some insult is ridiculous.

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't know/care who is on which team but not holding Kenya accountable for her aggression, provocation and violence is just downright unfair. Even after I posted about Kenya grabbing Nene's ear--crickets. 

I can't find anything prerehearsed an epic read. A read is off dome, soul dragging, no comeback. Phaedra clearly wrote that up in advance (as shown by her inability to respond to drags in person) and how are you going to read me about a potential criminal when you went and FETCHED one from the prison? (who subsequently had the Feds all up in YOUR shit?) 

Phaedra, bye. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 14

The only time violence is okay is when it's in retaliation of someone getting physical with you. If you think that beating someone down for being 'verbally' annoying or aggressive is worth a mugshot and possible prison jumpsuit, then I guess that's your prerogative. Did Porsha's beatdown help her any? No, it didn't because Kenya still comes at her. You know what does work? Ignoring the stupidity around you. Had Porsha jumped up and immediately tried to confiscate the bullhorn rather than attack Kenya, it would have been a lot more acceptable. Both Kenya and Porsha have issues. Kenya hides behind her words and the reason why there are Kenya's in the world is because there are Porsha's in the world that give attention to that behavior.

I find it so interesting that these dumb dumbs don't realize that Kenya is like a fire and fires need oxygen to destroy. Coming at Kenya verbally or physically is the oxygen she needs to survive and cause chaos. It would be tough, but locking Kenya out, refusing to engage with her in any way would see her off the show and out of the cast in a season. You'd need most of the women to agree to not engage Kenya. I'm not saying don't try to not film with her because the women always get dinged for that. But a concerted effort to not argue or verbally engage with her would have the producers reevaluate if Kenya can "bring it."

We did this in my high school to a girl who was a lot like Kenya. No one uttered more than a handful of words to her for an entire school year. She transferred by the end of the year.

Heather Thomson on RHoNY did a variation of this with Ramona in her first season. Heather either didn't talk to Ramona or she met Ramona's verbal insults with smiles. It drove Ramona up the wall.

• Love 8
(edited)

Porsha's grandfather faced police dogs, water hoses and outright brutality....which he was able to counter with nonviolence.  And did so for the cause of equality.

This.  Folks have gone through much worse things than some silly bitch calling them a hoe.  Perspective?

I find it so interesting that these dumb dumbs don't realize that Kenya is like a fire and fires need oxygen to destroy.

And this.

There is a reason why "killing them with kindness" exists.  Kenya wins every time she gets someone to reveal their worst side.  LOL, when Kim was ranting and raving at her husband in the scene that she said "I am Kim Fields", that was what the purpose of Kenya acting like an ass was all about.  Kim Fields did not want to show that side of her because she kept covering her mouth every time an expletive came out.  Kenya won.  Yeah, she looked like a fool, but she got her check.  Obviously, Kenya cares about checks more than she cares about how hateful she is.  Most of us have limits, but Kenya doesn't.

In the real world, there are people who have no limits.  The only weapon you have against them is your self control.  These folks will have you locked up and broke messing with them.  They will file charges if you touch them and they will bankrupt you if they can.  So, you beat some chick because she called you a hoe.  What are you going to tell the other folks in jail when they ask why you are there?  The jail has real criminals in it.  So, sitting among drug dealers and thieves and murders, you are going to tell these folks your harrowing tale about how someone called you a hoe and you had to beat them up?  Meanwhile, the person you beat up is at home, healing from the beating they received, on the phone with their lawyer to see how much they can get from your insurance as a result of you laying your hands on them.  Who won again?

I don't know if Kenya is really an asshole or just plays one on TV.  Nonetheless, her game is pretty obvious if you ask me and I side eye anybody on RHOA that cannot handle her after x amount of years.  Its not like she just start displaying trickery and tomfoolery.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 9
(edited)

The problem with that is that Porsha has not been able to carry a baby to term, so that kind of low blow would be a moot point. I may be working with dust, but you're working with faulty plumbing. At least I could buy someone's eggs, eat some of your twins yams and push a kid out. You are stuck, Chuck. Maybe one of the dudes using you for convenient tv pussy can hook us both up.

Difference between Bad Girl's Club/VH1 type of people and people who are not ratchet. 

People who live by beat your ass philosophy end up in prison or with nothing, people who play mind games end up on top, or at worst, a few months of minimum security lockup and the bulk of their assets post release.

Hood mentality will land you nowhere. 

EDIT: I don't care anymore and I don't wanna be dinged by the mods.

Chris's haircut was terrible.

Edited by Watermelon

Guys? Lets take it down about 10 notches. Discuss the show and specifically this episode of the Reunion. Let's not devolve into wishing violence on people or discussing riots that happened at various points in history over things much more serious than the Real Housewives. Ok? Thanks. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I find it so interesting that these dumb dumbs don't realize that Kenya is like a fire and fires need oxygen to destroy. Coming at Kenya verbally or physically is the oxygen she needs to survive and cause chaos. It would be tough, but locking Kenya out, refusing to engage with her in any way would see her off the show and out of the cast in a season. You'd need most of the women to agree to not engage Kenya. I'm not saying don't try to not film with her because the women always get dinged for that. But a concerted effort to not argue or verbally engage with her would have the producers reevaluate if Kenya can "bring it."

We did this in my high school to a girl who was a lot like Kenya. No one uttered more than a handful of words to her for an entire school year. She transferred by the end of the year.

Heather Thomson on RHoNY did a variation of this with Ramona in her first season. Heather either didn't talk to Ramona or she met Ramona's verbal insults with smiles. It drove Ramona up the wall.

Yeah, it's certainly not easy but I think a lot of people don't realize that throwing fists exposes your weakness not your toughness. The only thing in the world you have power over is yourself. You allow someone to let you lose control, you've given all of your power to them. When you choose not to react, you allow the focus to remain on the person that is making a fool of themselves with their words. When you react similarly or with violence, you shift the focus to yourself and people will forget how stupid the other person was being...because they're now preoccupied with how much more stupid you are instead. If they stopped feeding Kenya the reactions she wants, they'd have a season's worth of film all showcasing her bad behavior, no reactions, therefore making her behavior even more reprehensible.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 8
(edited)

Apollo just can't help himself. Now he is in the maximum security of the prison because he smuggled a cell phone in and was talking to friends and such on the outside. He will be in MS for I believe about 18 months. He is also very disliked by the other inmates because he wants to be treated like a celebrity

http://okmagazine.com/photos/apollo-nida-prison-rhoa-phaedra-parks-caught-cell-phone/photo/1001414555/

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2

That was epic! Epic!

(edited)

- Totally agree. Some of the attitudes in this forum are mind boggling. Those who make excuses for Porsha's aggressive, animal-like behavior are really no better than neanderthals.

I take offense to this. My online persona isn't the same same as my offline persona. Mainly because I don't run around with a bunch of women. As I stated before, I'm a SAHM Mom and wife, the only thing that I'm fighting is fatigue and weight gain. Just because I can understand someone else's point of view doesn't make me a neanderthal. In real life, I'm more likely to walk away, mainly because I don't like jail. It took a long time for me to mature, and I'll admit, in the past, I didn't always walk away. That's why I understand and support Porsha's growth. Edited by Queena
  • Love 6

What growth?  I can't say I've seen any growth in Porsha at all.  No development of insight, no demonstration of self-control.  Nothing.  She sat on that couch still blaming others for causing and provoking her to act the way she does just like always.

She may be getting anger therapy, but I'm not fooled.  I think she is only doing to save her peach, to give Bravo an excuse and justification for keeping her around.  She doesn't really think she has a problem.  She thinks everyone else has a problem.  They irritate her, lol.  When I see her convincingly explain that she is the party at fault for these fights and stop making excuses and blaming everyone else for choices SHE makes, them I will give her credit for growth.  Just attending therapy to save her job doesn't cut it, imo. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Yeah, it's certainly not easy but I think a lot of people don't realize that throwing fists exposes your weakness not your toughness. The only thing in the world you have power over is yourself. You allow someone to let you lose control, you've given all of your power to them. When you choose not to react, you allow the focus to remain on the person that is making a fool of themselves with their words. When you react similarly or with violence, you shift the focus to yourself and people will forget how stupid the other person was being...because they're now preoccupied with how much more stupid you are instead. If they stopped feeding Kenya the reactions she wants, they'd have a season's worth of film all showcasing her bad behavior, no reactions, therefore making her behavior even more reprehensible.

Thank you for this, because I think it is well said.  Everytime I've lost my temper (and its never gone to violence) it has felt great in the moment, but afterwards I feel ashamed.  In part, because of what you've expressed.  Losing my temper means that I let someone have power over me and my reactions.  At the very least, it means that I didn't control myself and thats not a good feeling at all.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 7
(edited)

Or, if I were Kenya I would reply.....  "That's a great idea Porsha, I've heard you have a very reasonable hourly rate for the men you service so it'll be a deal!  However, I'll pass on the eggs, because I don't want my child to be a moron like you."

If I were Kenya, I would also mention that I want to get the Porsha Groupon rate.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 1

What growth? I can't say I've seen any growth in Porsha at all. No development of insight, no demonstration of self-control. Nothing. She sat on that couch still blaming others for causing and provoking her to act the way she does just like always.

She may be getting anger therapy, but I'm not fooled. I think she is only doing to save her peach, to give Bravo an excuse and justification for keeping her around. She doesn't really think she has a problem. She thinks everyone else has a problem. They irritate her, lol. When I see her convincingly explain that she is the party at fault for these fights and stop making excuses and blaming everyone else for choices SHE makes, them I will give her credit for growth. Just attending therapy to save her job doesn't cut it, imo.

I'm willing to give her and anyone else a chance to improve.

Then again, I'm willing to give ex-cons chance to turn their lives around, I believe in redemption.

What makes me believe Porsha was opening up another can of Whoop Ass was all the shouting from the other women for Porsha to "stop it" and them hollering "Porsha NO!"   They weren't yelling at her like that because she was having a friendly conversation with Jami. 

Check back with me after Cynthia has had three fights on camera with different people and each time tried to blame someone else for "provoking" her into getting physical.   I might be more critical of her explanations at that point.

Porsha had nothing to say when it was pointed out that the bruises on her arm were from the security guard holding her down until she calmed down. The woman has issues. Period. I notice her mom and others in her family are not coming to her defense, anywhere. They have probably seen the violent side of her many times.

• Love 5

Time for Atlanta to do a little house cleaning...Kenya and porsha need to go...perhaps hire a non black housewife ala kim Z to be the token white housewife.

Why? I don't see any token black housewives in the other cities.

• Love 7
(edited)

I have been verbally provoked many a time, and to me going in for the hit is giving the instigator exactly what they want. My actions are usually driven by logic-barring extreme circumstance- and to punch someone in the face for calling me stupid or a whore doesn't make sense to me. I haven't proved any point by beating someone up

Exactly. Porsha had a case before she assaulted Kenya. Kenya was calling her a stupid whore on national TV on a bullhorn two inches from her ear while waving a scepter. All Porsha had to do was calmly walk to the other couch and tell Kenya to play princess by herself. Just because I'm on Kenya's side doesn't mean I don't think she was being an asshole. But being an asshole isn't illegal. Ripping the hair from someone's head while dragging them across the stage is. It's unfathomable to me that people think beatings should be meted out as vigilante punishments.

When I was still married I had to pick my then-husband up from jail because he got a DUI on the way home from fucking another girl. He deserved an ass whooping. I don't think anyone would have blamed me. But...what point would it have served? Would he have felt the sting of pain and suddenly understood the depth of his wrongdoing? No. It would have given him ammo to paint me as the psycho bitch who hit him and drove him away. That's what's happening to Porsha. Once you take things to violence you've automatically upped your crazy to beyond the instigator's.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 12

I hope you have better luck with that policy than Phaedra had!

Nah, I'm not that type of woman. Lol Apollo would've had to show me something different. Get a GED or something.

• Love 4

And one day she will run into the wrong one. I remember a time when girls would carry razor blades in their mouth, so when someone fought with them they would slice up their face. I once saw a girl in Albertsons who had clearly had her face cut like that.....and that poor girl.....her face looked like a tic-tac-toe board. If you're quick to get into physical fights you don't know when you'll end up fighting someone that has no problem going even lower and cutting up your face.

So thats how it works. Then I guess that's what happened with Kenya. She had been starting crap, threatening, and charging at people during her first and second season ("im from detroit! Come at me! I'll knock your teeth out!" Etc) and every time, someone either broke it up or prevented her from doing something physical. I guess Porsha was the wrong one on reunion day and that's why she got dragged.

Yes, I see what you mean and you're exactly right. Porsha should stop before she ends up dragged like Kenya.

• Love 4

Time for Atlanta to do a little house cleaning...Kenya and porsha need to go...perhaps hire a non black housewife ala kim Z to be the token white housewife.

WD don't need any token white people. None of the other shows have token minorities (and when they did, they faced raxism). This show is fine. They just need to revamp. Kenya and her toxic nonsense can go. Maybe Porsha if she doesn't change. Cynthia too, she's boring. Being back Nene and Sheree and as a pp said, I'd love to see Keisha Knight Pulliam and Ed.

• Love 4

I agree that Kandi can go. If I want to see her Todd, the family, and entourage I can watch one of her many spin offs.

She's just not bringing much to the show any more and is boring and checked out. She also isn't clicking or close to anyone anymore. She's not the most likable. That monotone buzzing voice and cracked yokel ugh.

Kandi is one of the few married women on this show (It's "Housewives") so she's not going anywhere.

Porsha - single

Kenya - single

Phaedra - single, technically

Cynthia - soon to be single?

Sheree - single

This is the lone franchise with hardly anyone who's married.

I didn't include Kim because she's probably history for this show.

Kim said it herself she'd rather play grown than play dirty. If you go upside Kenya's head, your violent and need to go; if you rant and rave about her to your husband your revealing your worst side and Kenya's "won", WTF. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't. Your asking Kim to suppress her frustration in order to keep a sick fool from feeling vindicated. That's twisted. Human beings get frustrated and it doesn't always result in a$$ whoopings sometime it results in you venting to you spouse. And by the way Kim got her check too.

There's nothing wrong with showing your weaknesses, nobody is perfect.

Kim has walked away after almost getting her chair pulled out from under her and has shut Kenya down with a simple OK, and she's still getting attacked.

Everybody doesn't think this way, had it been me he would of got home the best way he could and his shit would be outside the door. And I might not have hit him but I wouldn't care if a drunk driving adulterer thought I was a psycho bitch. When I see Porsha I don't see crazy. Kenya on the other hand, I see crazy.

I'd like to see Kandi, Todd, MJ, the extended famiiy and the Kandi Koated Klick all gone. Porsha I want to stay. Cynthia I want to stay to see what happens with her and Peter. Sheree I'm not feeling, she can go. Nene I'll take as a recurring. Kenya can definitely go. I'd also like to see some fresh new faces.

Damn, sorry for my typos. That's why you don't drink and post LOL.

I'm sick of Kandi too but I agree that she's likely not going anywhere since she's the only full-time cast member left who's still married. And I think Andy likes the Kandi Koated Klique and Joyce and all of their foolishness.

Kandi is one of the few married women on this show (It's "Housewives") so she's not going anywhere.

Porsha - single

Kenya - single

Phaedra - single, technically

Cynthia - soon to be single?

Sheree - single

This is the lone franchise with hardly anyone who's married.

I didn't include Kim because she's probably history for this show.

RHoNY is worse.

LuAnn is divorced, but recently engaged.

Sonja is divorced and single.

Ramona is divorced and single.

Dorinda is widowed and has a boyfriend she's never going to marry.

Carole is widowed and has a boyfriend.

Bethenny is in the process of a divorce that is longer than her marriage.

New girl Jules is married with children.

• Love 2

Nah, I'm not that type of woman. Lol Apollo would've had to show me something different. Get a GED or something.

So Apollo's 15 jobs, from master barber to asset recovery guru, weren't good enough for you? :-D
  • Love 2