Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

RHoNY is worse.

LuAnn is divorced, but recently engaged.

Sonja is divorced and single.

Ramona is divorced and single.

Dorinda is widowed and has a boyfriend she's never going to marry.

Carole is widowed and has a boyfriend.

Bethenny is in the process of a divorce that is longer than her marriage.

New girl Jules is married with children.

Agreed. OC went through a similar dry spell a few seasons back.

So Apollo's 15 jobs, from master barber to asset recovery guru, weren't good enough for you? :-D

LOL nah, and I wouldn't have to see change. We most definitely wouldn't have been knocking boots on a dirty mattress in his Mama's house!

I am not as uptight as I used to be about the HW being HW. As long as they've been married or have a family or want those things it's still in that theme or realm.

(Also I'm not sure when many in the franchises are housewives truly in the definition sense - isn't HW a married woman with children who doesn't work or have a career; her career is raising the children and managing the house and husband?)

• Love 1

Apollo just can't help himself. Now he is in the maximum security of the prison because he smuggled a cell phone in and was talking to friends and such on the outside. He will be in MS for I believe about 18 months. He is also very disliked by the other inmates because he wants to be treated like a celebrity

http://okmagazine.com/photos/apollo-nida-prison-rhoa-phaedra-parks-caught-cell-phone/photo/1001414555/

Head drops to chest.  Dude still doesn't get it.  Talk about someone who has shown no growth.  You get locked up for stealing money that you could have earned given the success of RHOA and you are still participating in stupid shit?  Really?  No introspection. No soul searching.  Just more of the same ignorant, childish behavior.  Sadly, locking Apollo away for 8 years will do nothing to change his behavior. 

Kim said it herself she'd rather play grown than play dirty. If you go upside Kenya's head, your violent and need to go; if you rant and rave about her to your husband your revealing your worst side and Kenya's "won", WTF. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't. Your asking Kim to suppress her frustration in order to keep a sick fool from feeling vindicated. That's twisted. Human beings get frustrated and it doesn't always result in a$$ whoopings sometime it results in you venting to you spouse. And by the way Kim got her check too.

There's nothing wrong with showing your weaknesses, nobody is perfect.

Kim has walked away after almost getting her chair pulled out from under her and has shut Kenya down with a simple OK, and she's still getting attacked.

IMO, Kim won her battles against Kenya.  Kenya's job was to illicit a response from Kim.  That was done.  OTOH, Kim did not act like an idiot.  She was calm and always in control for the most part.  In the scene with her husband,  she ranted and they talked the situation over.  The conversation between Kim and Chris started in anger and it ended with laughter.  Now, she may not have wanted to show the less than nice side of herself, but I think she handled herself well and the exchange made her interesting.  

Kim handled/contained Kenya expertly overall.  Her line about information versus instigation was perfectly delivered, including her facial expressions.  When they were at Kim's house and Kenya accused Kim of being condescending, Kim was exasperated, but I did not detect any anger in her voice when she explained her reasoning for having the beatless gathering.  She showed irritation and a flash of temper at the reunion when Kenya talked over her, but Kim handled herself well at the reunion too.

If it weren't for Kenya, lol, there would not be all of this support for Kim.  Most folk thought Kim was boring, rude, and acting to good for the show.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 8

I caught the end of the reunion where they were talking about Porsha's three altercations.

I thought it was strange when Porsha wasn't tossed from the show because of the incident with Kenya.  But now three?  There used to be a no physical violence policy on reality TV.  Violate it and you were gone.  Seems like they've decided to go with drama and ratings over liability and lawsuits.  I'm not naïve enough to think that anything but fear of possible financial repercussions used to motivate them. 

I wonder if their contracts make the cast agree not to sue the network/production company if they are seriously injured by another cast member.

I caught the end of the reunion where they were talking about Porsha's three altercations.

I thought it was strange when Porsha wasn't tossed from the show because of the incident with Kenya. But now three? There used to be a no physical violence policy on reality TV. Violate it and you were gone. Seems like they've decided to go with drama and ratings over liability and lawsuits. I'm not naïve enough to think that anything but fear of possible financial repercussions used to motivate them.

I wonder if their contracts make the cast agree not to sue the network/production company if they are seriously injured by another cast member.

Maybe no one was seriously injured? They didn't show any of the 3rd altercation tonight, maybe they're saving it? Or maybe they didn't capture enough of it on camera? That's my guess.

I thought it was strange when Porsha wasn't tossed from the show because of the incident with Kenya.  But now three?  There used to be a no physical violence policy on reality TV.  Violate it and you were gone.  Seems like they've decided to go with drama and ratings over liability and lawsuits.  I'm not naïve enough to think that anything but fear of possible financial repercussions used to motivate them. 

There has never, ever, been any rules against physical violence/fights on any Bravo show. That was a rumor and nothing more. If you look at any physical altercation on any of the HW show, they are used in every promo/sneak peek/preview and are shown over and over again throughout the season and beyond. Andy/Bravo love them because they (sadly) bring in viewers which makes advertisers buy more ad space during the show. And Yes, the cast, production and Bravo/NBC Universal are all protected from being sued if injured or if someone lies about them. Kenya could have Porsha arrested/charged/fined by the courts but she can not sue her or the rest of them, the same holds true if Kenya tells a lie about 1 of them that causes them to loose money/business as well. Heck, Teresa G. manhandled Andy, tossing him out of her way, and yet she not only wasn't fired, they kept the show on hiatus waiting for her release from Federal Prison for Fraud. LOL Andy loves, loves, loves the controversy on these show.  

• Love 4

If the Bravo contracts look anything like the Real World contact, then there is not much the cast can do. The Real World contact basically allows the producers to do anything they want and gives the cast no recourse. The Real World contact basically says that a castmate could straight up murder you and there is nothing you could do if you tried to sue MTV or the producers.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/we-have-obtained-a-copy-of-mtvs-standard-real-world-cast-member-contract-6724278#page-2

It's not surprising that the casts were there have been the biggest push back on the contract have been the casts with the most money. It's pretty standard to preclude the casts from suing the network or the producers, but the Maloofs have a billion dollars and I'm sure no one at Bravo wanted to see if Adrienne would happily spend tens of millions to keep her surrogacy off the air. Plus Bravo/NBC Universal has shareholders who not be pleased to find out that the network blew multiple millions because they didn't want to edit a dumb 30 minute conversation out of the season.

There has never, ever, been any rules against physical violence/fights on any Bravo show. That was a rumor and nothing more. If you look at any physical altercation on any of the HW show, they are used in every promo/sneak peek/preview and are shown over and over again throughout the season and beyond.

I was speaking in general of times gone by when kids used to walk 5 miles to school in the snow.  There was a time (before Bravo, before RH probably) when violence got you tossed from reality TV.  Big Brother and Real World come to mind.  Porsha is the first time I realized that rule was most definitively no longer in as a general standard for reality television.

• Love 2

If the Bravo contracts look anything like the Real World contact, then there is not much the cast can do. The Real World contact basically allows the producers to do anything they want and gives the cast no recourse. The Real World contact basically says that a castmate could straight up murder you and there is nothing you could do if you tried to sue MTV or the producers.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/we-have-obtained-a-copy-of-mtvs-standard-real-world-cast-member-contract-6724278#page-2

It's not surprising that the casts were there have been the biggest push back on the contract have been the casts with the most money. It's pretty standard to preclude the casts from suing the network or the producers, but the Maloofs have a billion dollars and I'm sure no one at Bravo wanted to see if Adrienne would happily spend tens of millions to keep her surrogacy off the air. Plus Bravo/NBC Universal has shareholders who not be pleased to find out that the network blew multiple millions because they didn't want to edit a dumb 30 minute conversation out of the season.

Adrienne had a clause in her contract about her kids, no photos/filming of her kids and they were not to be used as fodder on the show and that is how she was able to get Bravo to edit out the surrogacy, that and Brandi's "source" was Adrienne's 1 time lawyer, so there was another hornets nest that Bravo didn't want to get involved with.  

I was speaking in general of times gone by when kids used to walk 5 miles to school in the snow.  There was a time (before Bravo, before RH probably) when violence got you tossed from reality TV.  Big Brother and Real World come to mind.  Porsha is the first time I realized that rule was most definitively no longer in as a general standard for reality television.

Porsha wasn't the first to get physically aggressive on this show, although she was/is the most physically aggressive HW at this point. Atlanta started the physical fights and it began with Sheree/Kim wig tug (it was not an adjustment as she now claims LOL) and Nene tried to choke Kim not once but twice and despite her saying it wasn't filmed, I think there is video of the second attempt somewhere in the Bravo vault but they kept it off the air to protect their top Atl. HW. The following season (I think), they brought in Kenya to bring her down a few pegs. You also had the fight with Brandon/Apollo a few seasons ago here as well. On NJ alone, you have had TG toss Andy like a rag doll, the Joes battle it out and an a brawl involving J Gorga/Chris and a FOH husband where the police were called. In most of these, Andy/Bravo showed/featured the physical fighting over and over again and not 1 single HW/husband/friend/person was fired or disciplined.

I am not advocating the physical fighting, I think they should fire them right there on the spot but they haven't no matter how many times Andy says he/Bravo do not like it, their actions have spoken louder than their words at this point.

I don't see a thread for the Secrets Revealed show so I'll put this here.

The Secrets Revealed unused footage show was better than most of the season. It was like a best off, without having to sit through so much bull$#!t.

Loved the conversation between Kenya and Kim, that Sheree put together. Kenya is a bitch. I wouldn't have any time for her BS either.

• Love 4

Adrienne had a clause in her contract about her kids, no photos/filming of her kids and they were not to be used as fodder on the show and that is how she was able to get Bravo to edit out the surrogacy, that and Brandi's "source" was Adrienne's 1 time lawyer, so there was another hornets nest that Bravo didn't want to get involved with.

Porsha wasn't the first to get physically aggressive on this show, although she was/is the most physically aggressive HW at this point. Atlanta started the physical fights and it began with Sheree/Kim wig tug (it was not an adjustment as she now claims LOL) and Nene tried to choke Kim not once but twice and despite her saying it wasn't filmed, I think there is video of the second attempt somewhere in the Bravo vault but they kept it off the air to protect their top Atl. HW. The following season (I think), they brought in Kenya to bring her down a few pegs. You also had the fight with Brandon/Apollo a few seasons ago here as well. On NJ alone, you have had TG toss Andy like a rag doll, the Joes battle it out and an a brawl involving J Gorga/Chris and a FOH husband where the police were called. In most of these, Andy/Bravo showed/featured the physical fighting over and over again and not 1 single HW/husband/friend/person was fired or disciplined.

I am not advocating the physical fighting, I think they should fire them right there on the spot but they haven't no matter how many times Andy says he/Bravo do not like it, their actions have spoken louder than their words at this point.

Please tell me that they were all called thugs like Porsha?

About the secrets revealed show

I didn't know that Kandi had IVF.

I feel bad for Cynthia. Was Peter kissing that woman? Or whispering in her ear? Even Cynthia admitted that she was the aggressive one.

Porsha is kind of slow.

My baby shower had the same decoration as Kandi's

Kim Fields really got under Kenya's skin. I'm going to miss her.

Where was Nene?

I find it so interesting that these dumb dumbs don't realize that Kenya is like a fire and fires need oxygen to destroy. Coming at Kenya verbally or physically is the oxygen she needs to survive and cause chaos. It would be tough, but locking Kenya out, refusing to engage with her in any way would see her off the show and out of the cast in a season. You'd need most of the women to agree to not engage Kenya. I'm not saying don't try to not film with her because the women always get dinged for that. But a concerted effort to not argue or verbally engage with her would have the producers reevaluate if Kenya can "bring it."

We did this in my high school to a girl who was a lot like Kenya. No one uttered more than a handful of words to her for an entire school year. She transferred by the end of the year.

I think you're right, but after watching this season, I'm not sure I'm going to watch this next time around. I'm tired of Kenya's tomfoolery and Phaedra's southern belle act.

The scene last night where Porscha goes to speak to a high school?    

She would be better suited to be featured on a Scared Straight episode.

The principal or whoever made that decision must be on crack.

• Love 4

Porsha did not hit Cynthia first, actually she didn't get a chance to touch Cynthia because of security.  So, from what we have seen Porsha has had hit someone twice.  One time she lost her temper because Kenya went over the line period.  You don't go around yelling in someone's face with a bullhorn and calling someone names.  There is no justification for an adult woman in her 40's not to know that.  Kenya did it because she felt safe and got a lesson.  The other time Porsha has stated to have hit someone we don't know what happened, did this woman hit her first, pull her hair, push her forcefully.  Did Porsha even hit her did the woman Porsha and run?  we don't know.  I also know that I don't care what you want to call me, if someone aggressively challenges me the way Kenya did I would react.  Other people may feel that is not how you handle situations, but note to Kenya not everyone is going to let you jump in their face and call them names.  Stop pushing people for a reaction, you may not like the reaction.  

• Love 3

The scene last night where Porscha goes to speak to a high school?    

She would be better suited to be featured on a Scared Straight episode.

The principal or whoever made that decision must be on crack.

She was ridiculous.

"Be positive. For example, don't trash someone's dress; tell her that she should put a cute belt around it."

Paraphrasing, but c'mon. She calls that life advice?

• Love 7

Head drops to chest.  Dude still doesn't get it.  Talk about someone who has shown no growth.  You get locked up for stealing money that you could have earned given the success of RHOA and you are still participating in stupid shit?  Really?  No introspection. No soul searching.  Just more of the same ignorant, childish behavior.  Sadly, locking Apollo away for 8 years will do nothing to change his behavior. 

Isn't the saying of many people that prefer rehab over jail/prison time that being in jail just makes people better criminals? Apollo isn't even learning to be that!

Porsha as a motivational speaker is just one of the most embarrassing things I think I have ever seen on this show and makes me want to abandon all hope in the public school system. Who thought that would be a good idea? I don't dislike Porsha and find her to be better than a broke clock - sometimes she is right 3 times a day, but the only business she has speaking at a school to the youth is to underline, bold and italicize the punch line that a mind is a terrible thing to waste. Plus, why the hell was she screaming into the mic? She does realize what a microphone does, right? Right?

One of the times, Porsha is right when she said: "if my stylist came here with Kim's clothes I'd fire her then put her back in a time machine" LOL!

I loved the floral dress Phaedra had on to shop with Porsha. So pretty. 

Porsha has such pretty skin. As does Sheree.

For a woman in the mid to late 40's, hell even for a woman in her late 30's Kim Fields looks pretty darn good without makeup.

Kenya looked stunning on her date. Another floral dress that I loved, however that was a lot of boobage for a 1st date. Dude was a skeeze and would have sent me running too. 

Peter is just a no account, philandering ne'er do well. Moving to Charlotte? I'm starting to think that Peter is the type that doesn't break up with woman, but just starts doing more stupid and outlandish shit to make the woman break up with him. 

• Love 6

I had always admired Kandi for being able to keep her storylines interesting without getting her hands dirty or coming off looking terrible.  But these past two seasons I've really seen a lot of missteps on her part in order to remain relevant on the show.   First thing, no matter how much you might be in the right, it's really not a good look to publicly hound and trash talk your former best friend... who was deceived by her felonious husband and has been left to raise her adorable young sons by herself.  I mean, with the kind of money Kandi makes this is basically fighting over pennies. Kandi and Todd put Phaedra on blast last year, then Phaedra attempted to pay some of the money.  I think Kandi should have left it at that.  It's her best friend -- she should know how she is.  Secondly, there are ways to get people to pay you back without them even knowing it.  It sounds like Phaedra handled Todd's mother's legal affairs for free.  Why not get her to handle a couple of other legal matters -- like the opening of that new restaurant.  Lawyers are expensive.  Simply guilt her into doing the work pro bono.  Maybe Aunt Joyce could have suggested Phaedra pay for the baby shower "to make things right."  All I'm saying is there are other ways to get back what you're owned with yelling "Bitch better have my money!"  But finally, not only was Phaedra one of Kandi's best friends, she also introduced Kandi to Todd.  She is responsible for bringing them together.  That should count for something.  Keeping a relationship with someone who granted such a blessing on me would be more important than a few thousand dollars -- especially if I'm a millionaire.  Karma has already hit Phaedra.  I just don't see the point of continually pouncing on this woman in public.  Kandi, it's not a good look.

Part of the reason Kandi is a millionaire is because she doesn't treat thousands of dollars as pennies.  If Phaedra was such a great friend to Kandi, she would have simply paid the money she owed or, at the very least, acknowledged the debt without excusing it by disparaging the work that Todd did.  Friendship needs to work both ways.

• Love 7

Kenya isn't at pretty as she thinks she is. I find her horribly unattractive, but that's partly due to her hideous personality. She also isn't as smart as she thinks she is. Yes, she may be quicker than Porsha, but she's also older & that's a low bar.

I'm 52, and have never been in a fight. But I do tell people, constantly: don't start none, won't BE none; and, Don't Poke The Bear. I am known for coming back at people when they won't shut their cake eaters. I'm not proud of it, but goddamn, I can only take so much. ESPECIALLY from certain people. So after a certain # of quips & barbs I am likely to come back with a comment that will cut you to your soul. --> don't start none, won't be none.

• Love 7

Finally watching all of this, and I cannot see Porsha being asked back. When several women say they feel uncomfortable being around her, working with her... and the looks on Andy's face. I think she's done. Phaedra is the only one on her side. She may be shunned as Brandi Glanville was and then fired.

• Love 1

Finally watching all of this, and I cannot see Porsha being asked back. When several women say they feel uncomfortable being around her, working with her... and the looks on Andy's face. I think she's done. Phaedra is the only one on her side. She may be shunned as Brandi Glanville was and then fired.

Meh. That was Kenya and Cynthia, so I wouldn't call that several.

• Love 1

Kandi chimed in the same thought, and NeNe was nodding her head. If NeNe is indeed coming back, she may have some say in Porsha being asked back or not.

Porsha was more hurt/injured by the two security guards it took to hold her down and keep her from doing more damage.

They aren't afraid of her youth. Just her hairtrigger temper and propensity for physical violence. I'd be worried also. I hope her anger management classes help her.

Kandi chimed in the same thought, and NeNe was nodding her head. If NeNe is indeed coming back, she may have some say in Porsha being asked back or not.

Porsha was more hurt/injured by the two security guards it took to hold her down and keep her from doing more damage.

They aren't afraid of her youth. Just her hairtrigger temper and propensity for physical violence. I'd be worried also. I hope her anger management classes help her.

Kandi, Nene, and Sheree all said they weren't uncomfortable and if Porsha popped off on them, they'd handle her.  

I think the other housewives are full of shit. None of them, not none of them are afraid of Porsha. Kenya is forever goading that child hoping she pops off again on her and gets fired. Which, clever, but not the workings of a scared woman.  The idea that any of them are holding their tongue lest Porsha punch them in the eyesocket is a fantasy. 

• Love 7

not mentioning that Cynthia hurt Porsha and not the other way around.  Are they afraid of her youth?

I'd be afraid of her rage issues and complete lack of accountability for what she does, since mid-30s isn't all that young.   When I think of young, I think of that football player Porsha was unsuccessfully attempting to sext and present as her man until he noped on out of there.  Maybe Glen Rice Jr. is single, I think he's young, he's a sportsman which seems to be a sweet spot for Porsha, and they'd be a hot couple up until the sirens start wailing in the distance.   

• Love 6

not mentioning that Cynthia hurt Porsha and not the other way around. Are they afraid of her youth?

All of the guys have talked about how fine Porsha is at some point. Todd was the most vocal. Could be that, you never know.

That said, they have nothing to worry about. Porsha isn't Kenya. I can't see her flirting with any of the guys.

• Love 3
All of the guys have talked about how fine Porsha is at some point. Todd was the most vocal. Could be that, you never know.

I remember a deejay in the town where I live, talking about how he was going to make Porsha his wife...she just did not know it yet.

Not that anyone cares, but he also commented on how beautiful Cynthia was and felt bad about her marriage.

That said, they have nothing to worry about. Porsha isn't Kenya. I can't see her flirting with any of the guys.

i swear that is what the aging model and the aging ex beauty queen are most afraid of with Porsha.  it's not her anger issues but the fact that she's drop dead gorgeous and young.

• Love 1

i swear that is what the aging model and the aging ex beauty queen are most afraid of with Porsha.  it's not her anger issues but the fact that she's drop dead gorgeous and young.

Porsha will always be Arsenio Hall in a wig to me.

But she does seem to know how to use makeup to her advantage.  

• Love 5