Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, jsbt said:

How would that be up to her? She doesn't run story or throw her weight around that we know of. LW is not Carly. I have never heard a single credible story of LW gaming the show to get what she wants. They paired her with a serial killer who got her son raped and she promoted it. Laura Wright has always positioned herself to survive; she outlasted three cancelled soaps and became a lifer here, but she does not have the power to dictate a pairing. I'm willing to bet no woman currently on this show does.

I seem to be doing a poor job of communicating. The main point is just that if Mo leaves and he has any influence on the exit SO, it might create some conundrums.

I highly doubt MB is going to complain if he is re-paired with Brenda, either onscreen or as an exit. Carly as a character can survive just fine, she always has.

40 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

SBu just announced that he and his wife are separated. In his announcement, he made a point of saying she’s pregnant and It isn’t his kid. 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/steve-burton-announces-separation/?fbclid=IwAR1fpWbt7Kth09wZZNRzveJBKzyXx7wkaqt77gCEGO08qAdotRm3Bj8TJNo

Apparently she announced the pregnancy first and then deleted it but his post in response was still a little cringey. They have teenage kids. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Apparently she announced the pregnancy first and then deleted it but his post in response was still a little cringey. They have teenage kids. 

People were probably coming at him with congratulations. His wife is 45. So this is a very late pregnancy, so I imagine that she didn't announce it right after taking a pregnancy test and that she's been waiting until she was in a somewhat safe zone to do so, which would mean that they have been separated for a while. 

Honestly, though, that whole statement is a total shit show. And I just can't with people airing all their business on social media. I miss the days when I didn't know what sort of toothpaste a celebrity used.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

IDK, I think since he is in the public eye, he has a right to clarify that he's not walking away from his unborn child. 

Sure. But doing it this way means the child has his/her/their illegitimacy spread all over the internet. Burton picks himself.

If Burton's ex moves on to the father of the child, people will forget Burton's connection. If she doesn't, he's still walking away from an unborn child leaving it without a father.

Given how big this show is on "it's not the bio dad that matters, it's the one who is there for you", this is irony.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Burton's ex moves on to the father of the child, people will forget Burton's connection. If she doesn't, he's still walking away from an unborn child leaving it without a father.

He doesn't have to be the child's father if he doesn't want to. People are wired differently. Plus we don't know anything about what went down. Did she cheat? Were they separated and she got together with someone else? 

I'm the last person to defend him because I don't think that Steve is a great person, but you'd  think he and his ex would have had a conversation ahead of time about how to handle this because he is still somewhat a public figure. I don't know, like maybe tell the world you've separated or don't post anything on social media about a pregnancy. This whole I'm not the father was in response to her post and people congratulating them on having a baby. It's totally shortsighted and the whole thing was handled very poorly, but neither strikes me as being particularly bright. The way they went about this sucks for the children they share and for this new baby. 

• Love 20

Not sure why people think Steve would ever want a reality show anyways. 

I don't know a good way to handle this type of situation but she's pregnant, its not his, and they're separated I mean it was going to come out eventually.

At least he chose a time when people are fixated on other news right now..

• Love 3

I’m in the minority but I’m anti tat. LOL!!! I saw his post and his new sleeve. I guess if he’s happy who am I to judge. 

I think he & GH have moved on from each other. He has the possible 5 day work on Days which might 2 days to do. After that, we’ll have to see where he will end up. I don’t see him making Hallmark movies. I wonder if the wife couldn’t take him basically quitting GH.  I still think it was weird that he made the post but I guess he wanted to get ahead of the game. 

• Love 3

Oh man, I love mess, but I was not expecting this level of mess. Soap stars are sometimes next level when it comes to airing their dirty undies.

I totally get why he’d want to clarify that it’s not his kid, I’m sure the same fans that still bitch about him being gone on every GH Insta post were congratulating him immediately. But wow to all of it. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, JNavarro said:

I'm not a Burton fan at all, but given the ex's original post, I do get why he made the statement.  

Maybe, but given she deleted the post he could have said nothing

6 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Maybe, but given she deleted the post he could have said nothing

Well, yes, but the news was already out there and fans were reaching out to him like it was their kid.  

• Love 4

I mean, it happened, just deleting the post doesn't stop the information from being out there.  If anything it invites more speculation.  Announcing a pregnancy and then taking it back leads to people thinking miscarriage, which can lead to "messages of support" stuff that can feel icky when it's not accurate.  

Once her post went up, he basically had to say something to mitigate more mess later.

• Love 8

Look, if he was worried about the kids, he would have posted the word amicably.  We are AMICABLY  separated and have both moved on.   The way he worded that post is all on him.  People are going to speculate and conclude whatever they conclude.  His fans are going nuts on her Instagram, and that was predictable.  So I'm not ashamed to have my popcorn out.  He did what he did the way that he did, and that's on him.  

• Love 10

What a mess.  For the good of all the children involved here, neither of them should be posting separately, they should have come up with a joint statement and thought through how to announce this.  Possibly (quite likely? I mean, did she cheat?  how long have they been separated? did she simply really want to have another kid and went to a sperm bank, and he wasn't on board with the plan?) he is the wronged party here ... but that doesn't change the fact that he needs to put all the kids before himself right now.  

They are not that famous, quite frankly.  They could vague up the timeline on their separation so that people don't question the timing of her pregnancy so much.  Maybe he has a right to be angry and want to tell the world he's not the one who screwed up, and the rumor mill is going to churn no matter what ... but this is a messy and bad way to deal with this publicly.  

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

What a mess.  For the good of all the children involved here, neither of them should be posting separately, they should have come up with a joint statement and thought through how to announce this.  Possibly (quite likely? I mean, did she cheat?  how long have they been separated? did she simply really want to have another kid and went to a sperm bank, and he wasn't on board with the plan?) he is the wronged party here ... but that doesn't change the fact that he needs to put all the kids before himself right now.  

They are not that famous, quite frankly.  They could vague up the timeline on their separation so that people don't question the timing of her pregnancy so much.  Maybe he has a right to be angry and want to tell the world he's not the one who screwed up, and the rumor mill is going to churn no matter what ... but this is a messy and bad way to deal with this publicly.  

Yeah, this is a PR nightmare. Does Burton have an agent? They should have made a statement months ago about their split to soften the blow of the timing of the baby, unless the question of paternity didn't come out until recently. Even if he weren't marginally famous, it was in bad taste for her to post publicly about the pregnancy, given the obvious behind the scenes drama. I don't love Burton's statement, but all of this was manufactured by his wife when she got pregnant with someone else's baby and then announced it without context on social media. I feel bad for their children, because I foresee the snippiness only getting uglier, based on Burton's response.

• Love 8

I'll echo WHAT A MESS! and also agree that I hate that new sleeve tattoo he's in the process of getting (I'm not anti-tattoo, but something about this screams mid-life crisis).

Who knew boring old Mondavi-pushing, anti-vax "god is good" Burton would be involved in a GH-worthy storyline in his real life.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Oh goody, when Mr. Black T-Shirt inevitably comes back, the audience can stare at his new tattoo sleeve.  

(I am also not anti-tattoo, I have some friends with really beautiful tattoo work.  It just seems like it's gotten too trendy and overdone, and also silly for an actor to get one so visible, as they'll either have to play a certain type of character or get slathered with makeup to cover it up when shooting.)

9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Who knew boring old Mondavi-pushing, anti-vax "god is good" Burton would be involved in a GH-worthy storyline in his real life.

Characteristically, it was his partner did all the heavy lifting to create the drama in their scenes, er, life.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Did Emmy noms come out today? I think I just saw Sydney (previous Trina) posting something about getting one a little while ago, but her vid wouldn't play for me.

She, Nicholas Chavez and Wil Lipton all got noms. As for Laura Wright and Kelly Thiebold. There were a couple others too. 

Edited by Jma14
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I'm not a Burton fan at all, but given the ex's original post, I do get why he made the statement.  

I assume (possibly a bad idea) that after she released her pregnancy announcement that he asked her to go ahead and put out a statement about being separated and that he isn't the father. If she refused or just wanted to remove the post, I think he was between a rock and a hard place given that the natural assumption would be that he is the father.  If this baby is the result of an affair and she was getting in a dig at him by making that announcement I think it's human nature on his part to tidy up the mess she made.   I don't think he should be expected to think about HER baby given how she handled the announcement. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Dr.OO7 said:

Newsflash, Mr. Burton.

You're married to a pregnant woman. Legally speaking, that child IS yours, even if not biologically.

But if they are legally separated, that may not be the case? Not a lawyer, but I'd think that would be a factor.  (And I HATE defending Steve Burton, so a pox on you, @Dr.OO7! LOL!)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dr.OO7 said:

Newsflash, Mr. Burton.

You're married to a pregnant woman. Legally speaking, that child IS yours, even if not biologically.

It doesn’t matter how much I dislike Burton’s personality and decisions, even he shouldn’t be expected to support a child his wife became pregnant with via a relationship outside the marriage. There are circumstances where I’d like to see him receive a comeuppance but this isn’t it. If she cheated or if she started a relationship after they split, this is her kid and her responsibility.  His name will never go on the birth certificate, especially if he files for divorce and names adultery as the reason. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jma14 said:

She, Nicholas Chavez and Wil Lipton all got noms. As for Laura Wright and Kelly Thiebold. There were a couple others too. 

I know the category is pretty silly, but I can't help but root for all of these kids! They put in 50x the effort the adults on the cast do most days! 

• Love 4

Daytime Emmy Nominations 2022: Beyoncé Earns First Nod, ‘The Young and the Restless’ Tops ‘General Hospital’

OUTSTANDING DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES

Beyond Salem (Peacock)

The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)

Days of Our Lives (NBC)

General Hospital (ABC)

The Young and the Restless (CBS)

OUTSTANDING LEAD PERFORMANCE IN A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES: ACTRESS

Marci Miller as Abigail DiMera
Days of Our Lives (NBC)

Mishael Morgan as Amanda Sinclair

Cynthia Watros as Nina Reeves
General Hospital (ABC)

Laura Wright as Carly Corinthos
General Hospital (ABC)

Arianne Zucker as Nicole Walker
Days of Our Lives (NBC)

OUTSTANDING LEAD PERFORMANCE IN A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES: ACTOR

Peter Bergman as Jack Abbott

Eric Martsolf as Brady Black
Days of Our Lives (NBC)

John McCook as Eric Forrester

James Reynolds as Abe Carver
Days of Our Lives (NBC)

Jason Thompson as Billy Abbott

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE IN A DRAMA SERIES: ACTRESS

Kimberlin Brown as Sheila Carter

Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis
General Hospital (ABC)

Stacy Haiduk as Kristen DiMera
Days of Our Lives (NBC)

Melissa Ordway as Abby Newman

Kelly Thiebaud as Dr. Britt Westbourne
General Hospital (ABC)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE IN A DRAMA SERIES: ACTOR

Bryton James as Devon Hamilton

Jeff Kober as Cyrus Renault
General Hospital (ABC)

Aaron D. Spears as Justin Barber

James Patrick Stuart as Valentin Cassadine
General Hospital (ABC)

Jordi Vilasuso as Rey Rosales

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES

Lindsay Arnold as Allie Horton
Days of Our Lives (NBC)

Nicholas Chavez as Spencer Cassadine
General Hospital (ABC)

Alyvia Alyn Lind as Faith Newman

William Lipton as Cameron Webber
General Hospital (ABC)

Sydney Mikayla as Trina Robinson
General Hospital (ABC)

OUTSTANDING GUEST PERFORMANCE IN A DRAMA SERIES

Robert Gossett as Marshall Ashford
General Hospital (ABC)

Ted King as Jack Finnegan

Michael Lowry as Dr. Clay Snyder
Days of Our Lives (NBC)

Naomi Matsuda as Dr. Li Finnegan

Ptosha Storey as Naya Benedict

OUTSTANDING WRITING TEAM FOR A DRAMA SERIES

Beyond Salem (Peacock)

Days of Our Lives (NBC)

General Hospital (ABC)

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING TEAM FOR A DRAMA SERIES

Beyond Salem (Peacock)

Days of Our Lives (NBC)

General Hospital (ABC)

OUTSTANDING CASTING

Days of Our Lives / Beyond Salem (NBC/Peacock)

Dogs (Netflix)

General Hospital (ABC)

Start Up (PBS)

OUTSTANDING COSTUME DESIGN/STYLING

The Drew Barrymore Show (SYNDICATED)

General Hospital (ABC)

Nick Cannon (SYNDICATED)

OUTSTANDING MAKEUP

General Hospital (ABC)

The Real (SYNDICATED)