Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I find it curious that the writers are promoting the younger kids on this show. Young kids, teens, etc used to watch the soaps with their moms and grandmothers. Kids now use their social media, phones, computers etc to stay in touch and be entertained. It’s mostly us old folks who watch now. I don’t think this is a good way to go

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Conclusion: Charlotte and and Danny (Sam's son) are second cousins once removed.

In the old country, their families would be arranging their marriage.

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 8
On 12/20/2021 at 2:49 PM, General Days said:

Just to jump back to the allegation/flight of fancy that somehow Jane Elliot isn't on GH because of Nancy Lee Grahn...

See below.

Jane probably comes back often enough to keep whatever SAG-AFTRA benefits she gets. And Nancy's probably a draw, not a detraction.

Yeah, Jane Elliot and Nancy Lee Grahn are quite close. They're so close that Jane she came over to help Nancy pack up her kitchen when she was remodeling. That's a real friendship, not a colleague-ship.

Nancy even calls Jane her "bestie."

Not even Jane Elliot has perfect judgement.

I prefer the days pre social media honestly, where we didn't know....things...(to be diplomatic) about certain actors.

It makes me lose respect for some of them.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Not even Jane Elliot has perfect judgement.

Yeah. But of course, Jane Elliot actually KNOWS Nancy Lee Grahn, and you know your idea of Nancy Lee Grahn.  

But I do know what you mean about sometimes wishing you didn't know details about the actor. I had sympathy for Sean Kanan after his last GH departure, however long ago that was (2014?). Now I'm glad they killed AJ off in a way that would make him hard to bring back, I wouldn't want to watch anything else with Kanan in it, and I wouldn't care if I heard he was waiting tables and selling his personal possessions on eBay. 

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • Love 11

I don't care that Sean Kanan is an obnoxious right winger; lots of daytime is right wing and I can ignore it. I care if they're endangering the lives of people or actively scamming them, so as long as he's not a clear and present danger to his co-workers I'd welcome him back tomorrow.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Yeah. But of course, Jane Elliot actually KNOWS Nancy Lee Grahn, and you know your idea of Nancy Lee Grahn.  

But I do know what you mean about sometimes wishing you didn't know details about the actor. I had sympathy for Sean Kanan after his last GH departure, however long ago that was (2014?). Now I'm glad they killed AJ off in a way that would make him hard to bring back, I wouldn't want to watch anything else with Kanan in it, and I wouldn't care if I heard he was waiting tables and selling his personal possessions on eBay. 

I think her personality is pretty clear, and I don't think she tries to hide it.

I could ignore her, and honestly that's what I mostly do. Narcissists feed on attention, and she has enough people who give her that.

When I said that knowing things about people makes you lose respect for them, I wasn't referring to NLG.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think her personality is pretty clear, and I don't think she tries to hide it.

I could ignore her, and honestly that's what I mostly do. Narcissists feed on attention, and she has enough people who give her that.

When I said that knowing things about people makes you lose respect for them, I wasn't referring to NLG.

She can be a bit abrasive, but I have a feeling your ideologies may not synch up, and that makes it amplified for you. Just human nature.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I find it curious that the writers are promoting the younger kids on this show. Young kids, teens, etc used to watch the soaps with their moms and grandmothers. Kids now use their social media, phones, computers etc to stay in touch and be entertained. It’s mostly us old folks who watch now. I don’t think this is a good way to go

Even when watching soaps after school was a thing (as it was back in my junior high and high school days .... way, way back in the olden times LOL), kid and teen stories were rarely the draw.  

Some of the teen stuff worked well in the 90s (the Brenda / Robin / etc. cohort, and I guess Liz and Lucky, though I remember that was boring when it was initially focused on bad Liz v. her boring-nice sister and their high school shenanigans).  Young Laura's story really took off only when she was pulled into the adult world.

But really, you watched it to see the adults behave absolutely scandalously.  The story that really got the junior high girls talking in my day ... was the Anna / Robert Valentines Day episodes.   Bonus points if you found a way to watch that without your parents finding out LOL.   

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

She can be a bit abrasive, but I have a feeling your ideologies may not synch up, and that makes it amplified for you. Just human nature.

IDK.

Saying people who don't agree with you aren't decent people just because they don't agree with you, is more than abrasive. Especially when you KNOW some of those people watch the show you're on.

She must have good blackmail material on somebody, because I've heard of people getting fired from their jobs for way less than the stuff she's said and done.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Saying people who don't agree with you aren't decent people just because they don't agree with you, is more than abrasive.

But is it really just because they don't agree with her, or is it because she finds their viewpoints and way of thinking to be horrible and disturbing? There's a significant difference.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

But is it really just because they don't agree with her, or is it because she finds their viewpoints and way of thinking to be horrible and disturbing? There's a significant difference.

It doesn't matter.

To her, it's the same thing.

It doesn't matter, because a truly decent person wouldn't talk to another human being the way she does just because they don't think like her.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ladies and gentlemen,

Let's accept everyone has different opinions and move on. Especially since the NLG discussion stems from many issues, some politically adjacent which - AGAIN - is not allowed. Full stop.

So let's stop snarking on your fellow posters and change the subject.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I haven't watched GH in a long time but I read that Kristina Wagner (Felicia) is returning? Anyone hear anything about this? I loved Felicia.

She announced that she is back on contract. I’m not sure when her official return date is but she does show up in the spoilers on 1/5- “Anna and Felicia share concerns about Maxie.”

• Useful 2

Let's move on from the euphemisms with regard to Jack and Kristina Wagner's Twitter feeds and get back on topic. Politics in any form is NOT ALLOWED. As I have given multiple warnings about this and this persists, the next step will be official warnings.

So please proceed accordingly.

• Love 1

That was nice to see, because as much as I liked Alan Q, it was Prince Charming who first captured my very young heart. And it wasn’t just a visual, they used the audio of him singing “Ten Minutes Ago” over a section of the memorial reel. <sniff>

• Love 6

Alan Locher interviewed Cynthia Watros on January 5th, and he's interviewing Sarah Brown today (at 3 PM Eastern). Given some of the things SBr has said about her GH stints in the last few years, I'm ESPECIALLY curious to hear what she'll say today.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

I seem to remember Sarah being unhappy about everything GH- the way she was treated, the way it ended, the whole thing. (This based on old interviews I only vaguely remember, but that was the substance.) Now everything was sunshine and roses and everyone— except Steve Burton, maybe— was her pal? Great if she’s had a change of heart and remembers things more positively now, but it’s a strange 180.

• Love 1

I honestly don't remember her being publicly and specifically negative about her time on GH either time she left.

In 2001, I remember her talking about how she just thought it was time to try out for other things. She downplayed fan talk that she didn't get along with Jill Farren Phelps, although who knows. Maybe she was being 100% honest, maybe just trying not to burn a bridge.  

In 2009, the comments I remember were just that it had been such an honor to play Claudia, but that Claudia's time had come. SJB did come back to play Carly in that "three Carlys" episode in 2014. 

She has been very negative in a more general way about Hollywood, network executives, and so on, though. There was a social media rant a few years ago in which she vowed she was leaving acting altogether. I don't know if it stuck.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:44 AM, DanaK said:

Per Soap Opera Digest, several characters will pay tribute to Luke Spencer on Jan 21 that will include a few surprise guests, and which will kick off a new mystery

https://celebritypage.com/soap-opera-digest-2656426557

Animated GIF

Just kidding ... I'm sure some viewers will care, but didn't they write Luke out of the show years ago?    And let's be honest Luke's character was pretty fucked well before that exit.  I haven't watched in forever at this point, but I thought Lucky and Lulu were gone and it's not like Luke kept up a good relationship with Tracy (is she still around?  did Laura come back?  would either of them care enough about their ex-husband at this point to have a whole story about him dying offscreen?).

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

I haven't watched in forever at this point, but I thought Lucky and Lulu were gone and it's not like Luke kept up a good relationship with Tracy (is she still around?  did Laura come back?  would either of them care enough about their ex-husband at this point to have a whole story about him dying offscreen?).

Laura is still a main character. Tracy reunited with Luke in Europe when she left as a regular, and she just came back for one of her short-term stints so Jane Elliot can keep up her health insurance or whatever. Tracy is the one who broke the news of his death or "death." Bobbie turns up once in a while. 

So, yeah. None of his children are around, but there are some characters who had family or friend relationships with him.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Tracy reunited with Luke in Europe when she left as a regular, and she just came back for one of her short-term stints so Jane Elliot can keep up her health insurance or whatever.

Ha! I'm picturing JE receiving her SAG renewal papers, rolling her eyes and sighing, "Guess I have to call Frank..."

• LOL 10

I just watched the State of Mind with Duell. I don’t know if he was extremely nervous (he said he gives almost no interviews so he may just not be adept at them) but it seemed a struggle for him to get a complete sentence out. They did talk about Mo being a jerk to him when he first started, and Mo seemed super apologetic. They touched on his marriage but he said they weren’t legally married and that what people think happened didn’t, that no one did anything bad to the other and it was mutual and they still talk and she’d be watching this interview. Sounds like he wanted to dispel the cheating rumors. 

He came off like a nice guy, even though I cannot stand Michael. 

• Useful 3
36 minutes ago, Jma14 said:

they weren’t legally married

Then why let People present it as such? Call it a commitment ceremony or a pledge ceremony or something else. It's so stupid to misrepresent it. (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.)

• Love 7

They invited people, had them show up and bring gifts, for a non-marriage?   Publicity stunt.

I thought she blocked him on social media when this all went down?

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Then why let People present it as such? Call it a commitment ceremony or a pledge ceremony or something else. It's so stupid to misrepresent it. (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.)

He wasn’t super clear (and like I said could barely finish most sentences) but he said it was “mutual. We didn’t actually sign anything, weren’t really married…it was amicable.”  Which to me sounds like they just had a party. 

• Love 1

Was it just me or could any one barely understand what Chad was ever saying? Incoherent much?

Confused about his breakup. Extravagant party but not a wedding?? When the camera panned to him when Maurice was saying something to the effect of Mo loves Courtney, Chad still loves Courtney - the look on his face said something else.

Cant stand Michael and this didn’t endear me to Chad.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jma14 said:

I just watched the State of Mind with Duell. I don’t know if he was extremely nervous (he said he gives almost no interviews so he may just not be adept at them) but it seemed a struggle for him to get a complete sentence out. They did talk about Mo being a jerk to him when he first started, and Mo seemed super apologetic. They touched on his marriage but he said they weren’t legally married and that what people think happened didn’t, that no one did anything bad to the other and it was mutual and they still talk and she’d be watching this interview. Sounds like he wanted to dispel the cheating rumors. 

He came off like a nice guy, even though I cannot stand Michael. 

I just came here to comment about the interview. I’ve only read print interviews with Chad and very few of daytime actors get talk show interviews. Anyway, Chad sounds like a total spaz. He could barely form 2 words or sentences together. I saw the time only had the interview for 32 minutes so I thought I’d give it a whirl. Laura Wrights interview was like an hour and Chad’s interview is so short which may explain why. Man! He was either very nervous or he can only speak by memorizing lines as a character. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So they made this HUGE to-do over the goth "wedding," had magazines cover it, invited all the people...and now he's saying it wasn't a legal marriage.

I'm calling bullshit. 

Chad also sort of rolled his eyes when Maurice said he (Chad) loves Courtney & he (Maurice) loves Courtney. I think Chad wanted to say, No, I don’t. LOL!!!! He could barely gets the word out that they’re on good terms and such. Like I said previously…….Chad is a spaz. 

• Love 2