Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ulkis said:
  Hide contents

JE has already returned this week and NLG referred to her the other day as getting share scenes with someone she loved.

JE and NLG are very close friends.

If anything

Hide contents

JE probably wanted to make sure everyone was vaccinated first before returning again.

That's what I think, I think Genie also scrammed because of the unvaxxed on set.   Now she's back too.  It's not a coincidence.    

• Love 22
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ironically, that was basically the exact description of her character Julia Wainwright's love interest on Santa Barbara, Mason Capwell, who ticks all the boxes above. He was originally played by Lane Davies, who played Cameron Lewis (Zander's dad) around 2002...

Both of those characters were also lawyers.

I loved that couple so much as a child! Julia wanting a child but not wanting to be married (before artificial insemination was available I guess?) and then of course them falling for each other. I like Alexis fine, and she’s certainly played her a long time, but I’ll always think of her as Julia. Louise Sorel helped a lot too! 

I know this is almost old news but I saw the Duell Divorce news posted on a non soap site and the comments were amazingly confused. He apparently beat Kim K’s famously short first marriage. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe when Christine Baranski is done with it on The Good Fight (except for the attorney part).

I really liked Alexis with Neil and I have no idea why they did the sudden 180 and killed him with an inexplicable drug overdose. And then wasted the illegal drug part by not tying it to Cyrus. Or even explaining it.

Actually, I think Christine Baranski will be in the upcoming "The Gilded Age". (Trivia: CB was married to the late Matthew Cowles, best known as dirtbag pimp/villain Billy Clyde Tuggle on All My Children.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I was always amazed that the classy, Broadway actress (CB) was married to that scraggly, toothless, dirty looking Billy Clyde! Just goes to show us what great actors can really do with a role.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Billy Clyde Tuggle TERRIFIED me. Matthew Cowles did an amazing job with that role.

Same! To the point where every time I saw him IRL, I was petrified lol! When I found out Baranski was married to him, My mind was blown. I mean, he was a pimp! And a really mean guy! I’m sure he was probably a real sweetheart IRL but I couldn’t separate the two in my head!

• Love 1
On 12/17/2021 at 12:54 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Ironically, that was basically the exact description of her character Julia Wainwright's love interest on Santa Barbara, Mason Capwell, who ticks all the boxes above. He was originally played by Lane Davies, who played Cameron Lewis (Zander's dad) around 2002...

Both of those characters were also lawyers.

The Mason/Julia relationship was SO interesting -- edgy, intellectual, passionate -- and both Lane Davis and Gordon Thompson were great in the Mason role.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Billy Clyde Tuggle TERRIFIED me. Matthew Cowles did an amazing job with that role.

I don't think Christine Baranski needs a soap, though she's a goddess and enriches any project she's in.

Me too! Years after he was on the show, and I was semi-grown up, my friend got a gig catering a party they were giving. She asked if I wanted to staff it for some quick bucks, but I just flat-out refused, LOL. By all accounts he was a very lovely man in real life, but...no way! 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • LOL 2
37 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The Mason/Julia relationship was SO interesting -- edgy, intellectual, passionate -- and both Lane Davis and Gordon Thompson were great in the Mason role.

Agree with all of this, including BOTH Lane Davies and Gordon Thomson being great in the role. (Most only seem to like Lane.) Terry Lester (Mason #2) tried, but...*shrug*

And he looked more like Eden, Kelly, and Ted's full, rather than half-brother, i.e. Sophia's son instead of Pamela's.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ciarra said:
14 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Was there any Bts reason why Neil was so abruptly written off?

He left to do another role. 

If they were invested in the character, they could have recast. But I guess they wanted Alexis in a downward spiral.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If they were invested in the character, they could have recast. But I guess they wanted Alexis in a downward spiral.

I agree that they just wanted Alexis in a downward spiral because there was no need to write in his death otherwise.  Neil could have just relocated to whatever wing of GH, Lucas is working in. He and Alexis could have mutually agreed to take a break. Then if the actor ever wanted to come back, they could rekindle the relationship. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, ciarra said:

I remember an article about him coming out after they killed off Neil where he said that it surprised him that it had happened. So I don't think he left because he wanted to.

Neil didn't bother me and his death didn't either. What bothered me is that they didn't even try to tie his death to the broader story arc about the new drugs moving into PC because of Cyrus. It just felt like this part of the story was left twisting in the wind so to speak. His daughter died of an overdose too, IIRC. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4

I'm seeing this GH "Happy Holidays!" promo getting some flack on Twitter for including Michael Easton twice, but no African-American or Asian cast members.

ETA...some other notes...

1) Cameron Mathison, please grow back some kind of facial scruff.

2) They better not be fixin' to stick poor Lucy with Kentucky Fried Tad Martin.  Sure, Scotty and Kevin are both super taken, but still!

ETA2...oh!  But if they did pair Lucy with Tad Martin, there could be some fun there given he's Laura's brother and Laura is married to Lucy's ex-husband.  

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I love that promo! lol I guess it is kind of a white Christmas at gh though.

Give me Ms. Wu in that promo!!!!! 

Gosh, CM is awesome! He just emits such as positive vibe that comes through the camera. I loved him on that "Home and Family" on Hallmark channel. I'd love to see him sometime play a villain. I think he has the versatility. 

Loving Tad Martin in Santa suit with Lucy. He looks even better to me without that big bouffant hair, although it is great man hair. Just needs to be tamed a bit. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm seeing this GH "Happy Holidays!" promo getting some flack on Twitter for including Michael Easton twice, but no African-American or Asian cast members.

ETA...some other notes...

1) Cameron Mathison, please grow back some kind of facial scruff.

2) They better not be fixin' to stick poor Lucy with Kentucky Fried Tad Martin.  Sure, Scotty and Kevin are both super taken, but still!

ETA2...oh!  But if they did pair Lucy with Tad Martin, there could be some fun there given he's Laura's brother and Laura is married to Lucy's ex-husband.  

They usually just film these promos with whoever happened to be taping that day but I’m not shocked that they missed how it looks. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They usually just film these promos with whoever happened to be taping that day but I’m not shocked that they missed how it looks. 

One thing I noticed was that it almost looked as if Mo had to look down at his notes or his hand to see what his line was. Surely not, because he could surely just adlib something generally appropriate! But he did appear to need a prompt.  I understand that appearances can be deceiving. 

• Love 3

Lol at CM wishing everyone a safe as well as happy and healthy holiday. That's so Canadian.

The Wylie kid said that he hopes Santa Claus gives him everything and then the adults laughed at it like it's so cute. That's exactly what's going to turn Wylie into Michael .

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Just to jump back to the allegation/flight of fancy that somehow Jane Elliot isn't on GH because of Nancy Lee Grahn...

On 12/16/2021 at 8:13 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

I've had enough of her, personally. And in my mind, dealing with Nancy's big mouth, is part of the reason Jane is staying away.  

She be smart like that. 

See below.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:27 PM, cleo said:

JE had been a guest at NLG's home and recently- like within the last couple years. It was on social media a bit. So I highly doubt JE is staying away bc of NLG.

There are a million reasons why she might not want to come back to GH. Covid. She's older and doesn't want to work. Awful storylines. Boredom- she has been doing the same character at GH for how many years?

Jane probably comes back often enough to keep whatever SAG-AFTRA benefits she gets. And Nancy's probably a draw, not a detraction.

On 12/17/2021 at 4:06 PM, ulkis said:
  Reveal spoiler

JE has already returned this week and NLG referred to her the other day as getting share scenes with someone she loved.

JE and NLG are very close friends.

If anything

Reveal spoiler

JE probably wanted to make sure everyone was vaccinated first before returning again.

Yeah, Jane Elliot and Nancy Lee Grahn are quite close. They're so close that Jane she came over to help Nancy pack up her kitchen when she was remodeling. That's a real friendship, not a colleague-ship.

Nancy even calls Jane her "bestie."

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 12/19/2021 at 2:16 PM, seasons said:

Gosh, CM is awesome! He just emits such as positive vibe that comes through the camera. I loved him on that "Home and Family" on Hallmark channel. I'd love to see him sometime play a villain. I think he has the versatility. 

Yes!  He has such natural charisma and it doesn’t feel forced at all. I’ve met him and he is just as charming and easygoing in person!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I would not be horribly opposed to Lucy in a fling with MEK/Colonel Sanders Jr. but it's still not what should be happening, which is Kevin and Lucy, period.

56 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Yes!  He has such natural charisma and it doesn’t feel forced at all. I’ve met him and he is just as charming and easygoing in person!

I had many issues with the Ryan Lavery Show at AMC, but never with Cameron who has always seemed like a team player and a sweetheart. (And who played gay at the very start of his career, while he was already on AMC, in 1998's 54 though the scenes were cut out for many years - that took balls.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, justduckey said:

Looks like they have SORASED Charlotte to a teenager. Scarlett Fernandez announced she is no longer in the role. Bummer.

That's a bummer, she was one of the less tedious child actors. It seems like an odd time to age her, since they're pretty much set with their teen scene for now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

That's a bummer, she was one of the less tedious child actors. It seems like an odd time to age her, since they're pretty much set with their teen scene for now.

Danny and Rocco have been aged too, so they might already be looking at introducing the teen set since they have filled their young adult bracket.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Danny and Rocco have been aged too, so they might already be looking at introducing the teen set since they have filled their young adult bracket.

Well, it's been two years, so isn't the character around 12 now? or are they aging her up to 15ish?

34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, it's been two years, so isn't the character around 12 now? or are they aging her up to 15ish?

No idea, but I'm assuming that we're going to see the new actress in today's episode since Valentin was in the preview for today with someone.

Unless they bring Emma back, there is no one in a SORASed Charlotte to interact with. Right now she's the right age for Danny and Jake to have a rivalry over, an older Charlotte will be too old for them and it would weird having her in the Cameron/Joss/Spencer/Trina/Esme group which is already big enough.  

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Unless they bring Emma back, there is no one in a SORASed Charlotte to interact with. Right now she's the right age for Danny and Jake to have a rivalry over, an older Charlotte will be too old for them and it would weird having her in the Cameron/Joss/Spencer/Trina/Esme group which is already big enough.  

Charlotte is related to Danny. 

17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Charlotte is related to Danny. 

Through Sam? Valentin is Danny's half great uncle and Charlotte has half of His genes. People who live in small towns share more DNA.

Charlotte and Aiden are first cousins so that is more problematic (although Charles Darwin married his first cousin and he should know).

1 minute ago, Mirabelle said:

I've been wracking my brain - how is Charlotte related to Danny?

They both have Cassadine ancestry - Charlotte is Victor's granddaughter and Danny is Mikkos' great-grandson, Mikkos and Victor were brothers, making Danny and Charlotte cousins to some degree that I'm too lazy to figure out right now.

• LOL 1
38 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

They both have Cassadine ancestry - Charlotte is Victor's granddaughter and Danny is Mikkos' great-grandson, Mikkos and Victor were brothers, making Danny and Charlotte cousins to some degree that I'm too lazy to figure out right now.

Second cousins twice removed? 

4 hours ago, rur said:

Second cousins twice removed? 

Oof, you're going to make think, aren't you?

Mikkos and Victor are brothers. Alexis (Mikkos' daughter) and Valentin (Victor's son) are first cousins. Sam (Alexis' daughter) and Charlotte (Valentin's daughter) are second cousins. Conclusion: Charlotte and and Danny (Sam's son) are second cousins once removed.

ETA: Fuck, does this read as snotty? I hope not. I wasn't trying to be "let me correct you!" I was literally figuring out the exact relationship as I typed it out. Now I'm paranoid that I'm coming across as rude.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, racked said:

Shouldn’t Jake be about 14-15 now? 

Yes, and the actor has to be about that age as well. I don't know how much work Hudson West is booking these days but he is still one of the most talented young people on a show that has seriously improved its youth set in the last year or two, and they should not be caught sleeping on him. Yet they probably will be.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wrote the EXACT same thing in the episode thread! I wonder if Scarlett Fernandez's injuries from her accident over the summer made things too difficult for her? Maybe the pace was too much?

Spec is that she isn't vaccinated.

• Useful 6

I really enjoyed SF's acting. She was good for her age.  The kids they're casting lately feel like duds to me.  I know they're kids, but there is a lack of personality and many of them do not look like the characters at all.

• Love 5

At least half these kids currently on the show should not even exist, let alone John McBain and Greenlee's lisping miracle child inexplicably featured today on General Hospital. They only exist because the show is lazy and wants to go with yet more heterosexual baby stories which are virtually the only thing easily greenlit. The test tube quasi-rape baby with Billy Joel Cassadine which has no reason to exist is just the start. There's what feels like Sonny and Carly's 20th child, named after a deceased GH crew person so now they can never kill her off. Now suddenly Dante and Lulu's kid (who BTW they should never had had so soon as the young hot couple, thanks Ron) is out looking for his learner's permit, and they're hardly dried up for story and I feel like he was born like twenty minutes ago. It's turning into late-stage GL or AMC on the network, where it was like some sort of TLC reality show Mormon wet dream, where Bianca, Kendall, Marissa, etc. had like six kids between them and it was a mob scene of shrieking tykes and I couldn't remember who half of them were. I'll come back in 5 years and Maxie will have five kids! Maxie!! 

Remember the school bus crash? BJ's Heart? I'm just saying, maybe there should be another school bus crash. And no hearts! Ricky Martin can't help them now!

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11