Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

For those who appreciate a little scurrilous blind items on a Saturday, here's the latest from Crazy Days and Nights' owner's Twitter account.

I can't imagine who he might be talking about.

"Twitter BI - The b/f of this closeted male reality star from a very very large family was paid $50K to sign a NDA and go away forever."

Hmm I'm doubting it's Boob doling out $50K to make a scandal go away. He is way too cheap to be giving money away he really doesn't have. Fifty thousand sure is a lot of money and I highly doubt that Gil has no where near that kind of money just sitting around. These people believe in the "deny everything we believe in JESUS" method of killing rumors.

• Love 2

J2 is Jana. I think you're thinking of herp derp J3. 

(edited because of weird glitch)

Oops. Yes, I mean boy two.

ETA: On the other hand, it could very well fit in with J7's extended stays at ALERT and his insta-engagement once back. I remember the poor lad looking absolutely shattered in every picture from that weird place.

Even happy he looks shattered. No a Jim Bob favorite son, for sure.

I can't imagine JB shelling out 50k for something like that

Pocket change to prevent one more big scandal. Even Jim Bob knows one more will sink the ship for good.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3
Though he never uses the term, Gothard’s ideology fits into the framework of the burgeoning “Christian Reconstructionist” movement, which aims to rebuild society according to biblical mandates.

And I say again, while these people are screaming about protecting their religion what they really want is to impose Christian Sharia.

• Love 13

Pocket change to prevent one more big scandal. Even Jim Bob knows one more will sink the ship for good.

And a gay scandal will be the Titanic, the Lusitania and the Andrea Doria all rolled into one. The Queen Mother of all Fundie scandals. Nothing gives the Duggars hysterics like gay sex rearing its ugly head. Accusations that one of his sons is batting for the other team is the only thing that could cause Jim Bob to stick a crowbar in his wallet and buy the accuser off, especially if it was more than just "he said/he said".

Unless, of course, the son in question was young enough that it could be spun as an innocent lad corrupted by a pervert. That could be turned to Jim Bob's advantage and get them some big speaking gigs.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 6

Unless, of course, the son in question was young enough that it could be spun as an innocent lad corrupted by a pervert. That could be turned to Jim Bob's advantage and get them some big speaking gigs.

That didn't work for them before when it was disclosed that young children were corrupted by the pervert Josh! 

• Love 1

Perhaps J8 is the one. Problem would've been cynically "solved" if they found him a Judy Garland. Enter stage left Marjorie!

And me thinks that ALERT is a thinly vailed "pray away the gay camp." I think besides the weirdness  of it all it causes so much more harm to these young men than good. You can't pray it away and *if* the rumor is true than the random J boy could have found love at ALERT without anyone knowing......much like the documentary I saw years ago about the guy that started the "pray away the gay churches." In the documentary two young men talked about how they got sent there and they ended up falling in love much to their parent's shock. 

I do hope that Boob and MEchelle will wake up and free their children to let them be who they wanna be.

• Love 9

And me thinks that ALERT is a thinly vailed "pray away the gay camp." I think besides the weirdness of it all it causes so much more harm to these young men than good. You can't pray it away and *if* the rumor is true than the random J boy could have found love at ALERT without anyone knowing......much like the documentary I saw years ago about the guy that started the "pray away the gay churches." In the documentary two young men talked about how they got sent there and they ended up falling in love much to their parent's shock.

I do hope that Boob and MEchelle will wake up and free their children to let them be who they wanna be.

True love found at ALERT, you know it's bound to happen! Now has it happened to a D? My bet if it hadn't already, it will.
  • Love 4

And me thinks that ALERT is a thinly vailed "pray away the gay camp." I think besides the weirdness  of it all it causes so much more harm to these young men than good. You can't pray it away and *if* the rumor is true than the random J boy could have found love at ALERT without anyone knowing......much like the documentary I saw years ago about the guy that started the "pray away the gay churches." In the documentary two young men talked about how they got sent there and they ended up falling in love much to their parent's shock. 

I love the karma.. the kids are sent away to 'pray away the gay' and find their soulmate!

• Love 7

Are you sure that given the lesser of two choices they wouldn't prefer to pretend that gay people don't exist and thus couldn't possibly tempt one of their kids?  I see this as one of those situations where secrecy trumps money.

Perhaps J8 is the one. Problem would've been cynically "solved" if they found him a Judy Garland. Enter stage left Marjorie!

I proposed that Marj was a possible beard above, and that she could have broken it off when she realized the truth.

I'll take off my tinfoil hat now.:D

• Love 6

Are you sure that given the lesser of two choices they wouldn't prefer to pretend that gay people don't exist and thus couldn't possibly tempt one of their kids?  I see this as one of those situations where secrecy trumps money.

JB&M have proven that they will cover up molestation if possible.  Their own daughters were molested and they covered it up.  Quite frankly, I don't think that they covered it up because it was their son who was the molester.  I think they covered it up because they were ashamed.  Yes, they were ashamed that it happened on multiple occasions on their watch, and they were ashamed that their son did it. 

But I fully believe that if it was someone else who did it they'd still cover it up.  They were more concerned about how it made them look to others.  They denied and covered up until Josh went after a girl that wasn't a member of the household, and now the secret was out.  They got lucky in that the girl's parents were also ashamed of what happened and didn't press charges, but were still angry enough to tell people in their closed society what happened.  That's when the Duggar parents admitted the molestation, went into damage mode, covered up as much as they could, and dealt with the situation as quietly as possible.

For the Duggars and their ilk, the whole thing was about the parents.  They didn't want to look bad.  They didn't want anyone to know who didn't already know.  They didn't want to face the law because by the time the rest of their cult found out what happened, it was obvious that they didn't do squat to prevent it from happening again.  Not until that last girl woke up to find their son feeling her out.

Before that, they prayed.  But I bet their prayers were more in the vein of "Please don't let anyone find out, and please don't let Josh do it again".  When someone outside of the family was molested, they probably considered themselves lucky that the parents of the other girl was also in the mindset of not making the incident known to the authorities.  The parents of the other girl were angry enough to let people in the cult know what happened, but apparently not angry enough to bring it to light by turning Josh in to the police.

We know what happened next.  Josh was 'counseled' by a 'family friend' who managed to get the point across to Josh that this behavior could come back to bite him someday.  We also know that this guy was a pedophile himself.  Was he really trying to set Josh on a better path, or did he not want to be involved in an investigation that might expose his own sins?  And how did this one particular guy end up being the one the Duggars opened up to?   Did they know this guy had his own problems with sexual contact with minors?  Did they think that this guy was now 'saved' and could help Josh save himself?  Because this cop certainly didn't do anything to save the girls Josh was fondling.

I think that if JB&M thought that one of their children was gay, they'd react the same way.  They'd lock down the 'offending party' as much as possible.  They'd pray that no one found out.  And they'd use their cult to help suppress the behavior as much as possible.

The really sad thing is, I have no doubt that the Duggar parents would think that having a gay child would be worse than having a son that molested his sisters.  In their mindset, at least Josh wasn't gay, he was just curious.

• Love 9

I proposed that Marj was a possible beard above, and that she could have broken it off when she realized the truth.

I'll take off my tinfoil hat now.:D

Okay. Here's the deal, at least to me.

The same gossip blogger posted a few weeks ago that one of the Duggars (cleverly disguised as that "very very large reality TV family") recently had a broken engagement because he was pressuring his then-fiancee for phone sex. Yes, you read that correctly. As a result, here's my theory.

I don't think the $50K payout had anything to do with a certain young man whose name rhymes with Dosiah. Marjorie may have been a convenient distraction but I think that "engagement" was a carrot dangled in front of TLC to keep the show going. I think the alleged payout was on behalf of someone else. And let's just say that the entire episode seemingly attempting to marry this Duggar son off really got the wheels spinning in my head. He's the only one of them who seemingly has the cash to marry and support a household. Interesting that he hasn't managed to find a bride among the leghumpers yet.

There may be more than one scandal brewing, interestingly enough. We'll see. And Jim Boob better get on his knees and pray that the gossip blogger in question doesn't have info about him as well.

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 5

Hasn't Marjorie been hanging around the Duggs even after the engagement ended or did I just imagine that?

Yeah, she has been, apparently. She's there in photos. Right next to Josiah, too, in at least one instance.

Unfortunately, that virtually never seems to happen with people like JB and M. Maybe they'll lose what meager faculties they have over the next decade or so, though, and just become incapable of keeping that large number of control-freak plates spinning. That's the only hope I see for it, really. But I can imagine that happening. They haven't got that many faculties to begin with.

• Love 3

And Jim Boob better get on his knees and pray that the gossip blogger in question doesn't have info about him as well.

I think that's the same blogger that said a while ago there's an issue with Jim Bob.

That's my second-place guess. But I think I see laces, closed heels and a couple of those sneaker-leather-stripes-on-the side, so my guess number one is sneakers. Whatever they are, they remarkably awful looking. ...

Michelle's stunning footwear is reminiscent of the orthopedic shoes worn by the scary nuns who verbally abused us, I mean taught us, in the 1960's. Sans the stripes, of course.

• Love 9

There isn't a man (or woman for that matter) so loathesome that I would wish JimBob on him/her.

Well, maybe Huckabee...

FAN FICTION.

And I just threw up a little in my mouth.

At least Marj got out before she became another Prissy.

I have to wonder if her parents pulled the plug over the molestation stuff. One can't imagine they would have been happy about it.

And I'm only sorry we won't get to see TLC and the Duggars attempting to normalize a marriage between an 18 year old (at best) and a 19 year old who does not have the education or training to support that 18 year old bride. Because after all, this happens every day in 2016, doesn't it?

• Love 4

There isn't a man (or woman for that matter) so loathesome that I would wish JimBob on him/her.

Well, maybe Huckabee...

Well call me a dreamer but one morning when I wake up I would love to hear or read the headlines "JimBob Duggar caught in lovers tryst with Kim Davis"

• Love 17

Well call me a dreamer but one morning when I wake up I would love to hear or read the headlines "JimBob Duggar caught in lovers tryst with Kim Davis"

Kim Davis does have the crazy 80's hair.

Could be a match made in heaven.

• Love 5

For those who appreciate a little scurrilous blind items on a Saturday, here's the latest from Crazy Days and Nights' owner's Twitter account.

I can't imagine who he might be talking about.

"Twitter BI - The b/f of this closeted male reality star from a very very large family was paid $50K to sign a NDA and go away forever."

My first thought was Lawson Bates.

Kody would add a "sister husband" and create some BS to justify it. He don't care. He probably would've just created a male harem from the get go. I don't know enough about his kids, I don't think he really gives a shit about the adult children. Plus he owes millions for the gated "Cult-de-sac".

Lawson Bates. Suspiciously single, but $50,000? What does UP pay the family?

• Love 1

I can see Kody "paying someone off." Boob not so much nor Gil because NO way do they have money to give away.

I don't know how to cut and paste from one forum to another so mods, I know this is more appropriate to the sister wives forum. Please feel free to move my response. Whew.

I live in Vegas and it's a very small town. I'll keep my ear to the ground in regards to kody. I hear sister wives tidbits every now and then.

Fortunately, I do know how to post in the right thread, so I'll report my findings in the sister wives forum.

• Love 1

Lawson Bates. Suspiciously single, but $50,000? What does UP pay the family?

I still believe it's the Duggars. Nobody knows (or cares) who the Bateseseses are. And Lawson is allegedly the banker for his family, so he'd be the only one who would know if there was $50,000 to throw away (or pay someone off).

Imagine the fun if another scandal was unearthed just when TLC thought the coast was clear to bring back the Duggars. Maybe we'll have two!

• Love 6

Apparently telling a leghumper to "piss off" is a violation of Facebook community standards and I am serving a 24 hour sentence in Facebook jail for it.

Sensitive little orchids. Bless.

• Love 15

TLC: How dare you bring back the Duggars? You're rewarding a family for covering up abuse, and exploiting the victims of that abuse. You're telling us, that you're not going to have Smugs, Boob and J'Chelle on the show? Yeah, freaking right! The specials with Jill and Jessa were boring. There's no way they'll be able to carry a full series. Enough with the Duggars. Stop rewarding families who cover up abuse. ‪‎No Excuse For Abuse‬.

• Love 21

TLC: How dare you bring back the Duggars? You're rewarding a family for covering up abuse, and exploiting the victims of that abuse. You're telling us, that you're not going to have Smugs, Boob and J'Chelle on the show? Yeah, freaking right! The specials with Jill and Jessa were boring. There's no way they'll be able to carry a full series. Enough with the Duggars. Stop rewarding families who cover up abuse. ‪‎No Excuse For Abuse‬.

Bravo great post 

• Love 5

WOW! Color me shocked!

There is no level to which TLC will not stoop for money or ratings. And if you are disgusted by this news, it's time to fire up the letter writing/faxing/e-mail campaign again for their sponsors.

Congratulations, TLC, on your attempts to normalize child molestation. And I'm sure you'll wait a month or so until Joshley Madison is out of Jesus Jail to put him back on the air, too!

• Love 9

I have no doubt Josh's release from Jesus jail and the resulting band-aid baby will make nice redemption fodder for Counting On (TV show contracts because we're allergic to working and thinking.) A new low. Shows on TLC have been cancelled because of sexual abuse before. I guess it's okay in this case because the Duggars are "Christian." 

My speechlessness and nausea continue unabated.

• Love 12