Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I didn't even think of Famy. Most of the season finales have ended with an announcement that I was thinking there would be some sort of announcement regarding someone courting. Although a big sit down interview with Josh also wouldn't surprise me. 

They promised no Smuggar THIS SEASON. They also promised "limited" Boob and Mechelle, who are obviously being wormed back into the shitshow full-time. I predict the same future for Smuggar in the upcoming Jinger's Wedding season. If TLC continues to keep him offline, they can't feature the money shot of the entire family. Anna would look really stupid standing in a family shot with her kids, but not an immediate member of the family. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Aja said:

There's something really pathetic about being so desperate to keep a show on the air that they promise viewers they won't show certain members of the family.

I wonder how much say Jessa, who seems to be the star of this thing now, even when the show had Jill's name on it, had in keeping him off the airwaves. Because you KNOW that Boob, who willfully supports the cretin, would love nothing more than a lovely Christian Redemption Arc playing out as a plotline to prove just how much Smuggly has changed. 

• Love 1

Someone definitely monitors the FB Counting On page, because people get banned from it. My takeaway is that the network is still backing the presumption that the Duggars are wholesome Christians who never play around with the truth or exhibit any sort of hypocrisy. 

Now, OTOH, I wonder what the FILM CREW who actually watch the footage of them really think. Does Nancy come down from on high to make sure the show is presented a certain way, putting pressure on the producers, or are the producers buying what the Duggars are selling?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, GeeGolly said:

I know we all have differing opinions about TLC and such, but do any of you ever wonder if they reads these boards and laugh hysterically at the accuracy (& inaccuracy) of our comments?

No.  They are just looking at the ratings for the show.

1 hour ago, Missy Vixen said:

OH, NO! JILLY MUFFIN IS IN TEARS RECALLING HOW UNSAFE DANGER AMERICA IS!

Here we go, boys and girls. Enjoy!

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jill-duggar-cries-after-fearing-for-safety-on-counting-on-w446646

One can only imagine the dangers that lurked at the Wal-Mart headquarters as well...

So, her scariest moment in Danger America was when - a shower rack crashed down one night.

Horrors!!

Really, Jessa? You heard constant gunfire when you were down there? Right there where SOS Ministries regularly brings in groups of young Christians whose parents have paid $$$ for them to go play missionary for a week?

That oughta be fun for SOS to explain to their customers. I predict that if Jessa's comment gets around there will be several open slots on the next SOS missioncation tour.

• Love 14

I'm guessing Jilly Muffin and Triple D were safer in El Salvador and wherever SOS' headquarters are than they might be in most urban areas of the USA. It would not surprise me to learn that SOS had armed guards, for instance. They're not exposing their headquarters or their "celebrity" missioncation draws to any type of criminal activity or real danger. Then again, I"m fairly sure that Jilly Muffin considered Triple D's M-F gig at Wal-Mart fraught with peril as well. He might have to talk to a NON-CHRISTIAN. He might have to eat lunch with someone that wasn't part of her family!

I'm sure TLC will hype the crying Jilly Muffin to the skies, however. OMG, tune in to find out what happened when a shelving unit fell over in their house! Also, how much do you all want to bet it's the same shelving unit we saw multiple photos of that was not secured to the wall and would most likely injure or kill a curious toddler?

4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Really, Jessa? You heard constant gunfire when you were down there? Right there where SOS Ministries regularly brings in groups of young Christians whose parents have paid $$$ for them to go play missionary for a week?

We live in a rural area 30 miles from Seattle in a residential neighborhood. We hear gunfire multiple times per day during hunting season.

• Love 5

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jill-duggar-cries-after-fearing-for-safety-on-counting-on-w446646

One can only imagine the dangers that lurked at the Wal-Mart headquarters as well...

They are American  Americans that go on tv and tell everyone they are Americans whose safe room is the bathroom, so they probably do have a target on their heads. If only someone had told them before they went. They just need more people to donate using their donate button, to the Dullards, not SOS ministries, and then the danger will be worth it. Adoration please.

They can walk away at any time.

• Love 2

I had wondered if maybe the terrifying event had simply been a bad reaction to one of their conversion attempts. I'm generally quiet and mild-mannered, but if Jilly tried to feed me the Duggar brand of BS I might teach her a few new words. However, learning that she was huddled in the "safe room" begging for prayers as her shampoo fell over is even better. Question: the bathroom is the "safe room" and the problem was a fallen shower shelf, presumably IN the bathroom -- how long did it take them to put two and two together?

• Love 11

I'm sorry, Jill is a pathetic moron. She probably thinks her own shadow is someone following her.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

So, her scariest moment in Danger America was when - a shower rack crashed down one night.

Horrors!!

That oughta be fun for SOS to explain to their customers. I predict that if Jessa's comment gets around there will be several open slots on the next SOS missioncation tour.

Did Jessa hear constant gunfire all the other times she's been down there passing out off-brand candy and applying nail polish?

And I'm surprised that in the child-constructed TTH and the other slapped-together Duggar dwellings Jill didn't become well accustomed to hearing shower racks etc. crashing onto the floor. No wonder Derick isn't taking her fears with deadly seriousness (if he's not). It's just like Josh crying in the driveway (about the family he's never even seemed to like very much) when he was about to leave for the DC suburbs. They're so used to being inside the Duggar mass, and so convinced that the Duggar mass is the only good thing in the universe, that they're completely freaked out by the idea of being in another place and among other people without the whole damn busload along.

I know that they really feel all these stupid fears (and probably hear the gunfire). But it's all hallucination, or close to it. They've been raised to be terrified of everything and everyone. By their Parents of the Year.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Did Jessa hear constant gunfire all the other times she's been down there passing out off-brand candy and applying nail polish?

Did they scrub that shot of Jessa (?) posing with a gun (assault rifle) on a danger america beach?

It was very odd.She didn't look frightened. Seemed to be enjoying herself.

• Love 4
Just now, NewDigs said:

Did they scrub that shot of Jessa (?) posing with a gun (assault rifle) on a danger america beach?

It was very odd.She didn't look frightened. Seemed to be enjoying herself.

I think maybe that was Joy?

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jill would have that same fear of living in downtown Tonitown. She's such an idiot for thinking Derrick just magically can't die in America.

One would think that they would part with a thousand dollars or so of their ill-gotten gains, see an attorney, and have a family trust/power of attorney/health directive drawn up. They might also want to invest in some life insurance. Considering the fact Triple D's father died fairly young, one would think that it might be a good idea for Triple D to make sure his utterly helpless wife would have the resources to function if the worst happened.

Maybe he thinks he can pray it away.

What am I talking about? These are people who can't be bothered to put the Big White Baby in a correctly installed and appropriately sized car seat, for God's sake.

3 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

That makes better sense

Did they scrub that shot of Joy posing with a gun (assault rifle) on a danger America beach?

Oh, there's a pic of Jessa Blessa posing with an assault weapon inside of what looks like a gun store. I've seen it several times now. I'm sure she thinks she's really making a point there.

• Love 2

I'm guessing Jilly Muffin and Triple D were safer in El Salvador and wherever SOS' headquarters are than they might be in most urban areas of the USA. It would not surprise me to learn that SOS had armed guards, for instance. They're not exposing their headquarters or their "celebrity" missioncation draws to any type of criminal activity or real danger. Then again, I"m fairly sure that Jilly Muffin considered Triple D's M-F gig at Wal-Mart fraught with peril as well. He might have to talk to a NON-CHRISTIAN. He might have to eat lunch with someone that wasn't part of her family!

I'm sure TLC will hype the crying Jilly Muffin to the skies, however. OMG, tune in to find out what happened when a shelving unit fell over in their house! Also, how much do you all want to bet it's the same shelving unit we saw multiple photos of that was not secured to the wall and would most likely injure or kill a curious toddler?

We live in a rural area 30 miles from Seattle in a residential neighborhood. We hear gunfire multiple times per day during hunting season.

I live north of Seattle and when the wind is right, we can hear what sounds like a war zone, but it's really only the Kenmore Gun Club, which is a couple of miles away. 

I have no idea what they were hearing in CA, though. I know basically nothing about things down there. 

4 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

One would think that they would part with a thousand dollars or so of their ill-gotten gains, see an attorney, and have a family trust/power of attorney/health directive drawn up. They might also want to invest in some life insurance. Considering the fact Triple D's father died fairly young, one would think that it might be a good idea for Triple D to make sure his utterly helpless wife would have the resources to function if the worst happened.

What am I talking about? These are people who can't be bothered to put the Big White Baby in a correctly installed and appropriately sized car seat, for God's sake.

Oh, there's a pic of Jessa Blessa posing with an assault weapon inside of what looks like a gun store. I've seen it several times now. I'm sure she thinks she's really making a point there.

Jesus would be so proud. Thou shalt not kill, except sometimes. Be sure to smirk. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2

There are two new episodes: "Duggars at the Altar" - a look back at the Duggar daughter marriages, when Jill and Jenna (?) walked down the aisle just months apart, and "Counting Jinger" - a countdown to Jinger's wedding with a look back at the special place she's held in the Duggar household.

Yeah, I just looked, and my guide says Jenna as well. I thought that was just DirecTV screwing up, but I have Comcast. LOL

Wedding this Saturday gives them plenty of time to edit 10 minutes of wedding footage if they're doing their All About Jinger the week before. They can't let that wedding dress footage rot on the shelf! Or Sierra, doing whatever the hell it is that Sierra does. That will all be saved for the wedding episode. 

5 hours ago, Malvina said:

There are two new episodes: "Duggars at the Altar" - a look back at the Duggar daughter marriages, when Jill and Jenna (?) walked down the aisle just months apart, 

Ugggh, have we not had wedding retrospectives numerous times already?  

• Love 4
On 10/25/2016 at 9:07 PM, Missy Vixen said:

"Neddy doesn't believe in insurance. He considers it a form of gambling."

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

wasn't Jessa the one posing with what looked like an assault rifle at maybe a pawn shop? I remember seeing something maybe instagram, not sure.

Depends on your definition of "assault rifle."  The gun in the picture was a black and pink semi-auto.  

I am not familiar with the site hollywood life. This is from an article there, no editors, just bad writing?

"If you watch Counting On online, you know that the Duggars have strict guidelines regarding the courtship process that their kids must endure before indulging in any sort of physical contact with their siblings."

• Love 4

So these people went on for months and months about how dangerous Central America is (you know, Central America...the monolithic country), and the scariest anecdote Jill could come up with--the one that brought that stupid, vapid bitch to tears--was about a shower rack falling? 

You know what? I take it all back. I want Jill and Derrick to spend the rest of their days in foreign countries harassing their poor citizenry into conversion. I want Jill to be miserable and terrified everyday of her useless life. Realizing just how genuinely stressed out Jill was the entire time she was in El Salvador is the only bright spot of this show's existence. 

I think Jessa realized just how ridiculous Jill sounded, which is why Miss gun-lover mentioned how scary the gunfire "every night" was. She's smart enough to know that Jill is a fucking drama queen, but too stupid to realize that people remember what part of the country she lives and that she and her family have posted several pictures of themselves posing with firearms. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, toodles said:

http://crazydaysandnights.net/2016/10/blind-item-12-227.html

Believe it, don't believe it, but Duggar of some sort was the only guess.

I'd be surprised if they weren't all stripper loving, to some degree at least. ....

My question would be -- Which ones have some disposable cash that could tempt the stripper? Because I have a hard time seeing very many women taking up with one of the Duggars (or even one of the in-law guys, to some extent) without receiving, at least, gifts. Their looks, finesse (hahahahahahahaha) and even fame probably won't get them too far with most strippers these days, I'd think.

That would make Jizm Bob, Mr. Famy, Der and Jer the best candidates, most likely. Although maybe some of the others have been able to squirrel some cash away. 

• Love 1

If this is true I'm thinking it's that douche Amy married. Everything about him is just sleazy and wrong. The drunk driving and refusal to pay his debts are big red flags concerning the guy's (lack of) morals.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

If this is true I'm thinking it's that douche Amy married. Everything about him is just sleazy and wrong. The drunk driving and refusal to pay his debts are big red flags concerning the guy's (lack of) morals.

Don't forget the time he told Jordyn black was "sexy" when she said it was her favorite color. DUI Dill is pure klass.

• Love 5

I really can't see Bin doing anything involving strippers; the lad is just too earnest and dumb to pull it off without anyone noticing. Boob yes, but he's so high profile I doubt he'd try it. If anyone caught even a glimpse of him at a strip club there's a big chance they'd call the tabloids and then the Duggars would have to deal with yet another scandal. JB is stupid but he's not that stupid.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, toodles said:

Jimboob and BIn were the most popular guesses.

Maybe this accounts for JimBoob's recent weight loss.  ;- )

32 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

John David has the spare cash, and the need.

Where does he get the cash? His finances or lack thereof...or whatever...always confuse the heck out of me.

• Love 1

Would dearly love it to be JB, caught with his slimy hand in the cookie jar, but it's more likely Amy's dirt bag hubby. I could totally see him frequenting bars & strip clubs.

Another possibility not mentioned is the Sr. Mr. Seewald. He's another sanctimonious asshole who I could see saying one thing & doing the opposite (alla Josh).

• Love 4