Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: At Home & Away

• Start Topic

So was Jessa saying that she never lets Spurgie cry, an FU to all the flack that Jill & Derick received for the cruel crying-burrito-baby picture of Izzy?

She so reminds me of Josh & JB in that her every action seems calculated to the TV cameras. This chick is going to crash and burn when she is know longer living for her little piece of kibble for ever sentence she utters.

I've said before that I can forgive anything if a person does right by their kids, and in my experience embracing those mothering instincts can be a catalyst for ultimately rejecting the fundie paradigm.  It seems that Jessa's eagerness-to-please is her way of leveraging the only resource she (NOT her dad) has.  I mean, come on its not like Ben is going to make a family wage anytime soon, if ever!  Can't blame the girl for hustling to support her family in most lucrative, socially acceptable way available to her in her community.  I just can't be negative about someone who is obviously doing right by her baby.  I've worked in Head Start for 15 years and good gosh, there is so much horrible stuff in the world.  I know I'm seeing her through rose-colored glasses, but I'll take happy news wherever I can find it.

Edited by Platypus
  • Love 13
17/18/19 Kids & Counting was amped up slowly, and no child had the burden of needing to be entertaining, 1 of the 19 could be counted on to say something cute, usually Jackson & Johannah. Jessa & Friends AKA Jill & Jessa lacks cute children, it's clearly Jessa's last shot, she clearly knows that, and that the show is squarely on her shoulders, and she's got little to work with besides a dolt husband and mousey sisters
  • Love 10

I've always had to really stick my hand in deep inside the turkey cavities, at both ends, to remove the liver/gizzard/neck, etc. The way Jessa easily plucked out those necks, even with such disdain on her pouty face, tells me it was staged. Someone (a crew person) pre-plucked those necks, then had them within easy reach for Jessa.

Yes! I thought the same thing -- Jessa had a lot of help getting the turkey ready and that was all staged. The whole frozen bird thing was, I think, part of the advertising for the grocery store. They obviously had to go back and buy fresh birds for the scene the next day.

I would never let Jessa play matchmaker for me. She's one of those passive-aggressive mean girl types who would deliberately set you up with a loser while convincing you he's the greatest thing in the world. No way in hell would Jessa let Jinger end up with a husband better than Bin.

I think playing matchmaker is EXTREMELY obnoxious unless someone directly asks you to. I'm guessing it makes her feel very smug, though, to be safely married and feels condescending about her older siblings who are single. Did it ever occur to her that they may not want to get married? They know how it tends to turn out in their cult. And also, some people just plain old aren't obsessed with marriage. There are other ways to have a full life.

• Love 10

I've said before that I can forgive anything if a person does right by their kids, and in my experience embracing those mothering instincts can be a catalyst for ultimately rejecting the fundie paradigm.  It seems that Jessa's eagerness-to-please is her way of leveraging the only resource she (NOT her dad) has.  I mean, come on its not like Ben is going to make a family wage anytime soon, if ever!  Can't blame the girl for hustling to support her family in most lucrative, socially acceptable way available to her in her community.  I just can't be negative about someone who is obviously doing right by her baby.  I've worked in Head Start for 15 years and good gosh, there is so much horrible stuff in the world.  I know I'm seeing her through rose-colored glasses, but I'll take happy news wherever I can find it.

I agree with you that Jessa is financially supporting her family, and I'm not saying its wrong for her to be a reality 'star' to do so. The unfortunate part about it is that it's skewing her reality. She has been being filmed for around 10 years, and even the most grounded person is going to be changed by that. In the beginning the family was really just kind of being filmed being themselves and then slowly and very subtly they began 'performing' for the cameras. When the spotlight fades, I believe Jessa, more so than her siblings, is going to have a hard time adjusting to life without cameras.

Josh called the TLC crew to tell them that he & Anna were expecting M1 or M2 before he told Anna, so they could film the moment for TV. IMO that is messed up.

JB can't open his mouth without saying - I have 19 kids. Who is he without that, when there is no audience?

Situations similar to this happen on a smaller scale in every day life; being treated as special and delicate for 9 months during a pregnancy, or during an illness for an extended period of time, then when one is no longer pregnant or ill - back to life as normal. Without realizing it one becomes 'the pregnant woman' or the 'sick one'.  In these situations it takes time to adjust, for most it's just a little hiccup and they're okay, for others, especially after a long illness it takes more time.

Even actors, who absolutely know they are playing a role for TV or the movies, have a hard time when the spotlight fades away and they're no longer noticed when walking down the street.

Who is Jessa without calculating her everyday life for a TLC moment? I doubt Jessa knows, because she has been filmed, and implicitly told she is special for about half her life. When the filming stops, and the website hits fade away, I believe Jessa is going to have a difficult time figuring out who she is and why she matters.

I don't believe that Jessa has been shown to be a bad mother at all. But she was raised Gothard, so as far as doing right by her baby - time will tell.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 18

Oh yeah, I get that. And I side eye that Jessa only "cooks" once a month and that she can't be bothered any other time. Maybe because I don't have children unlike her that's why I was able to improve my kitchen skills?

Well, I seem to recall that she only cooked once a month -- or less! -- before Spurge emerged or even entered her womb. So I don't think she can use him as her excuse.

Wait. What? Electrician? Architect? Buys, sells and restores cars? Seriously? Please tell me that People magazine didn't publish that steaming pile of crap.

Sorry. No can do. They did publish it. Major malpractice on their part.

17/18/19 Kids & Counting was amped up slowly, and no child had the burden of needing to be entertaining, 1 of the 19 could be counted on to say something cute, usually Jackson & Johannah. Jessa & Friends AKA Jill & Jessa lacks cute children, it's clearly Jessa's last shot, she clearly knows that, and that the show is squarely on her shoulders, and she's got little to work with besides a dolt husband and mousey sisters

True. Of course, I'd add that she's got little to work with besides a dolt husband, mousey sisters and her generally unpleasant and unintelligent, very boring self. No wonder she's always letting out the nervous laugh that's been reported.

I agree with you that Jessa is financially supporting her family, and I'm not saying its wrong for her to be a reality 'star' to do so. The unfortunate part about it is that it's skewing her reality. She has been being filmed for around 10 years, and even the most grounded person is going to be changed by that. In the beginning the family was really just kind of being filmed being themselves and then slowly and very subtly they began 'performing' for the cameras. When the spotlight fades, I believe Jessa, more so than her siblings, is going to have a hard time adjusting to life without cameras.

Josh called the TLC crew to tell them that he & Anna were expecting M1 or M2 before he told Anna, so they could film the moment for TV. IMO that is messed up.

JB can't open his mouth without saying - I have 19 kids. Who is he without that, when there is no audience?

Situations similar to this happen on a smaller scale in every day life; being treated as special and delicate for 9 months during a pregnancy, or during an illness for an extended period of time, then when one is no longer pregnant or ill - back to life as normal. Without realizing it one becomes 'the pregnant woman' or the 'sick one'.  In these situations it takes time to adjust, for most it's just a little hiccup and they're okay, for others, especially after a long illness it takes more time.

Even actors, who absolutely know they are playing a role for TV or the movies, have a hard time when the spotlight fades away and they're no longer noticed when walking down the street.

Who is Jessa without calculating her everyday life for a TLC moment? I doubt Jessa knows, because she has been filmed, and implicitly told she is special for about half her life. When the filming stops, and the website hits fade away, I believe Jessa is going to have a difficult time figuring out who she is and why she matters.

I don't believe that Jessa has been shown to be a bad mother at all. But she was raised Gothard, so as far as doing right by her baby - time will tell.

Bears repeating.

This, as I guess I've repeated too often, is my big issue with the whole thing, too. They're being trained on a daily basis by their tv roles to falsify their entire lives for a purpose not their own. That's inevitably damaging, and it's got to be more so for people who have also been trained to falsify themselves for a cult. Not good for them. Not good at all.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9

It will still be around- long after demise of 19, J&J, Counting on- and so on.  I am thinking of the days when these kids will be forced to enter the real world and get real jobs, etc.  Someone will throw that in their face.  And it won't be pretty.

What kind of "real jobs" do you think they can get without a high school diploma or GED?

• Love 2

I'm sure by now, after a year of marriage, Ben is missing his Mom's & sister's cooking. Since Guinn doesn't have a huge brood as big as the Duggars, I'm hoping she cooks more nutritional & fresher foods. What happened to Ben's favorite dishes his sisters "taught" Jessa to cook? I'm remembering the main dish in that courting episode was chicken fettuccine or something similar. I'm sure Jessa hasn't made that since, not to mention tackling a homemade apple pie, another of his favorites.

I don't think Mr Barb & I would have survived after a year if we had to eat out or do carryout all the time. For us non-TV stars, that is expensive & we would have been bankrupt not to mention fat slobs. Plus I consider going out to eat a treat which it isn't if it's done all the time. I'm also talking about a real sit down restaurant with menus, not fast food tacos which we see next week with Benessa.

I think they need a Marie Barone from Raymond type of person to come in & whip them in to shape. Some of my favorite episodes are when Marie shows Deborah & later Amy how to cook. Hey TLC, are you listening? That would be a great episode - get a Celebrity chef to come teach them (both male & female Duggars) to cook. We know the cooking wouldn't last, but it may make for a different type of episode which they need.

The girls don't mention why they aren't willing to learn how to cook. I guess cuz Jana is still willing to do it, probably with the help of Grandma & Anna& now Hannie. But why can't they jump in to help? It has to beat lounging on the couch all day & playing with your nieces & nephews and they may even learn in the process. Lol.

• Love 6

They aren't willing to learn how to cook, from scratch OR from cans and boxes, simply because they don't have to. Everyone pretty much grazes on snacks at the TTH, and the married couples live on gift cards. Throw in some starbucks for the unmarried adult girls, and that's it.

The biggest mind blower with these fools is the emphasis on traditional gender role and homemaker values/skills, then they can't do squat.

The only true skill they need is nabbing a husband. Oh and spitting out that first child (preferably a male child *insert Luca Brassi voice*).

• Love 8

Suffer from insomnia a bit some nights, very cyclical and I am planning on saving an episode or two of this snooze fest. Guarantee it will put me out. I so blame Jim Boob and Mullett. These young adults are so inarticulate. I want to scream at them all to read, read and then read some more.

• Love 6

Their only job is to find a husband and become brood mares. So once the husband is found and you pop out a kid or two, the rest is been there, done that. No first day of school, no dance recitals, no spring break or any of the special things that keep life interesting. Sorry to focus on parent things for the non-parents out there.

My point is when one day blends in to the next, what do you do with all your free time beside choosing to smite all the sinners, taking selfies and going to Starbucks? What else can TCL show, because really that's all they seem to do. I'm sure TCL will think up some stupid crap, but yawn.

As I write this a commercial came on for the show. Lather, rinse repeat.

• Love 10

I do agree, that Jessa seemed to be bonded and attached to Spurge. I loved the fact that she didn't let him cry.

I totally think Jessa reads these boards and she made sure to distance herself from her hot mess of a sister, Jill, who seems to think Izzy crying is funny. (How immature. Crying babies are not funny, Jill).

Or, the producers read these boards and feed her information on what to focus on.

But jessa is getting her hustle on with this show. I think SHE is doing research on what the viewers want to see and don't want to see. Jessa is working this show like a real job.

Maybe that is why Ben was so queit on the first episode??!! The feedback here is always "shut up, Ben" because he is young and lectures too much. No one likes a know-it-all who is 20. Ben was pretty quiet...just sayin'!!! jessa said "shut up, ben" and he shut up. Then they deposited a check.

So glad our feedback is useful. ;)

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 23

What kills me is the insensitivity of this group.  When Anna was crying while praising Grandma Duggar, Mary just sat there.  My first reaction would have been to get up and give her a big hug.  I think the lack of affection started before Boob.  

I haven't seen this episode yet, but the first thing I thought when reading the above comment was that Anna isn't getting any hugs because no matter what Josh did, he will always be the exalted firstborn and if he says he's sorry and does his penance, well - that's more than enough for the Duggar family!  Problem swept under the rug!  Everyone can go back to burying their heads in the sand!  As for poor, broken Anna - well, if she had been a better wifey, Josh surely wouldn't have  strayed.  I can't help but wonder if that's exactly what goes through the minds of JB, J'Chelle and Jrandma Duggar.

• Love 2

I do agree, that Jessa seemed to be bonded and attached to Spurge. I loved the fact that she didn't let him cry.

I totally think Jessa reads these boards and she made sure to distance herself from her hot mess of a sister, Jill, who seems to think Izzy crying is funny. (How immature. Crying babies are not funny, Jill).

Or, the producers read these boards and feed her information on what to focus on.

But jessa is getting her hustle on with this show. I think SHE is doing research on what the viewers want to see and don't want to see. Jessa is working this show like a real job.

Maybe that is why Ben was so queit on the first episode??!! The feedback here is always "shut up, Ben" because he is young and lectures too much. No one likes a know-it-all who is 20. Ben was pretty quiet...just sayin'!!! jessa said "shut up, ben" and he shut up. Then they deposited a check.

So glad our feedback is useful. ;)

Yup!!

• Love 1

I'm sure by now, after a year of marriage, Ben is missing his Mom's & sister's cooking. Since Guinn doesn't have a huge brood as big as the Duggars, I'm hoping she cooks more nutritional & fresher foods. What happened to Ben's favorite dishes his sisters "taught" Jessa to cook? I'm remembering the main dish in that courting episode was chicken fettuccine or something similar. I'm sure Jessa hasn't made that since, not to mention tackling a homemade apple pie, another of his favorites.

I don't think Mr Barb & I would have survived after a year if we had to eat out or do carryout all the time. For us non-TV stars, that is expensive & we would have been bankrupt not to mention fat slobs. Plus I consider going out to eat a treat which it isn't if it's done all the time. I'm also talking about a real sit down restaurant with menus, not fast food tacos which we see next week with Benessa.

I think they need a Marie Barone from Raymond type of person to come in & whip them in to shape. Some of my favorite episodes are when Marie shows Deborah & later Amy how to cook. Hey TLC, are you listening? That would be a great episode - get a Celebrity chef to come teach them (both male & female Duggars) to cook. We know the cooking wouldn't last, but it may make for a different type of episode which they need.

The girls don't mention why they aren't willing to learn how to cook. I guess cuz Jana is still willing to do it, probably with the help of Grandma & Anna& now Hannie. But why can't they jump in to help? It has to beat lounging on the couch all day & playing with your nieces & nephews and they may even learn in the process. Lol.

Bolding mine. That's actually a great idea for an episode. I can't decide whether it should be someone Nikey like Nigella or someone shouty and sweary like Gordon Ramsey.

The Duggar girls are not being raised to be homemakers even though that's what they promote. They're being raised to be baby factories and to promote the Bible. It used to be that homemakers knew how to sew, quilt, knit or crochet, cook, garden (and preserve/jar), make pies or at the very least show some interest in feminine hobbies like these. These girls have absolutely no interest in girlie hobbies. Even I have a set of cheap crochet hooks and some yarn. (Don't know yet how to use those hooks but I have them.) What I would give to see an episode of basketweaving (and I despise basketweaving), pottery,  or making a quilt or jewelry.  Why does everything they have to do have to center around having babies, weddings, shopping and cooking a 1 star quality meal for the clan? 

• Love 7

PAY PER VIEW. I'd shell out $$ for that.

Depends who gets the money.  It'd be amusing if the donator could specify the recipient(s) of the PPV fee.  Let's see.......NARAL, LGBT charities, Democratic Underground, etc.  I'd definitely do that to mess with the Boob and Mullet.  And then I'd ask the charities to send an acknowledgement to the Duggars.  Normally I'm not evil or vindictive in any way but that would be too tempting.  Maybe I should head to the Prayer Closet now proactively.   

• Love 4

Why does everything they have to do have to center around having babies, weddings, shopping and cooking a 1 star quality meal for the clan? 

Because although they claim to be just a (conservative, faith-focused) family that happens to be on tv (and not a tv family) what they really are is a (particularly lame-ass) example of a "tv family," cast in the same contemporary sex- and possession-focused mold as all the other "reality tv stars"?

Never saw that fact in such high relief before until reading your post just now. Everything they do screams out "we're a reality-tv family" (and an especially boring and unaccomplished one, too) at the same time as they -- and, strangely, to me, their many fans -- scream out that they're so not and that their focus is entirely different, and edifying for the nation in these degenerate days. Not hardly.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9

Bolding mine. That's actually a great idea for an episode. I can't decide whether it should be someone Nikey like Nigella or someone shouty and sweary like Gordon Ramsey.

Someone gay.  :)  That'd blow their flip-flops off. 

• Love 3

I haven't seen this episode yet, but the first thing I thought when reading the above comment was that Anna isn't getting any hugs because no matter what Josh did, he will always be the exalted firstborn and if he says he's sorry and does his penance, well - that's more than enough for the Duggar family! Problem swept under the rug! Everyone can go back to burying their heads in the sand! As for poor, broken Anna - well, if she had been a better wifey, Josh surely wouldn't have strayed. I can't help but wonder if that's exactly what goes through the minds of JB, J'Chelle and Jrandma Duggar.

Don't forget, they aren't really allowed to hug - although I remember seeing Jill FFH someone other than Derrick once. I forget who.

• Love 2

Don't forget, they aren't really allowed to hug - although I remember seeing Jill FFH someone other than Derrick once. I forget who.

Yup, that is so ingrained in them. When most of us would naturally hug someone in such distress, they all stand and stare.

I guess they forgot about their promo pics.

• Love 7

Oy.

I guess it's easy to just see what you wanna see.

How People's "reporters" can hold up their heads after writing this crap is a whole other question.

People Magazine's "reporters" are largely publicists.

• Love 6

People Magazine's "reporters" are largely publicists.

True that. Unfortunately, much of the nation takes them for reporters. And I expect that many of them believe that themselves, actually.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

The Duggars have met many gay people already, whether they acknowledge that fact or not. Most recently, they sat for an interview with GMA's Robin Roberts, right?

I'm glad to read that Jessa is bonding with her baby and not allowing him to cry for the sake of crying (I.e., Gothardites' extreme rules of parenting). The first time I babysat for my infant niece, I called my mom in a semi-panic because the baby was crying. My mom said, "She's talking to you! Crying is her only way of communicating with you. Don't get frightened. Pay attention and you'll figure it out." Nowadays, as a social worker who specializes in families at risk, I can't tell you how often I pass on that advice. I can actually see the light bulbs switch on!

I'm really glad Jessa is paying attention to her instincts. Good job.

• Love 15

Jessa is the fakest bitch around. The whole premise of this show is bullshit. Men are supposed to be the providers, yet Jessa is the one heading up this crapfest of a show while her dipshit husband tries to be the next Vanilla Ice. Jessa and her husband are merely playing house. We'll see how long their marriage lasts before she cheats on him with someone else.

• Love 16

I'm just interested to see how "date night" goes next week. From the brief preview, Bin and Jessa still looked every bit as awkward and uncomfortable with one another as they did when their courtship first aired.

On a second note, I can't believe this shitfest sucked me back in and has me contemplating future episodes. The Duggars are like herpes; with you forever and flaring up right when you're on the verge of forgetting they exist. *sigh*

• Love 14

i think they don't hug for two reasons

1. that side hug nonsense

2. They are emotionally immature

An emotionally MATURE person gets up and hugs another person for numerous reason...empathy, kindness, caring, support, love, sympathy.

Jim Bob and Michelle are emotionally (and sexually) stunted at an early teen level. Just standing there awkwardly or dry humping on the golf course is young teen behavior.

Jim Bob and Michelle haven't taught their children any better nor have they modeled any better.

Exhibit A: Some J boy falling in an orchestra pit and Michelle starts recording

Exhibit B: josie gets her head stuck in the railing and cries...Michelle laughs

And moving along to the second generation:

Exhibit C: Poor Izzy crying and Jill taking pictures and laughing.

No surprise they sat there like fools while Anna suffered an emotional break down on the sofa with the cameras rolling.

Hey TLC, please let the Duggars know that Jesus was a caring and kind person. Maybe they should try that for a few hours a day and see how it feels. Hope to see that soon on an episode!

• Love 11

Jessa has a Kendra Wilkinson fake laugh.

I did think it was interesting that Jessa says she tries to play matchmaker.  

Funny you mentioned Kendra. Years ago I thought Jessa had a Kendra Playboy look but didn't notice the laugh, but since you mentioned it, I can hear it.

• Love 3

I got one even better for you. I vote to send Auntie Fee to the TTH for a cooking session. If you don't know who she is, please watch this video. It's one of many. She's even been featured on Jimmy Kimmel. I would pay good money to see their reactions. 

*If you are sensitive to cuss words, this is not for you*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9acry6c7WuY

Delete

I will not be giving TLC any clicks. Clicks/Ratings = Validation. I'm only watching if it's on a bootleg site hosted on a server in India

• Love 3

The Duggar girls are not being raised to be homemakers even though that's what they promote. They're being raised to be baby factories and to promote the Bible. It used to be that homemakers knew how to sew, quilt, knit or crochet, cook, garden (and preserve/jar), make pies or at the very least show some interest in feminine hobbies like these. These girls have absolutely no interest in girlie hobbies. Even I have a set of cheap crochet hooks and some yarn. (Don't know yet how to use those hooks but I have them.) What I would give to see an episode of basketweaving (and I despise basketweaving), pottery,  or making a quilt or jewelry.  Why does everything they have to do have to center around having babies, weddings, shopping and cooking a 1 star quality meal for the clan? 

Excellent post. 

I was thinking about this earlier today (long car trip), and about the ratings. I think that the audience for the show is about 80-90% women and divided between young girls and older women. I think that a lot of people, and probably most of the men, left after the Josh scandals. The tween girls might enjoy a show focusing on the older girls -- although this first episode suggests that that's not really what this is going to be.

My point, though, is that I think the older women will be turned off by Jill and Jessa. The sweet young newlyweds who can't cook, and the adorable babies will only go so far. I think that most of these women cut J'chelle some slack on her non-cooking and poor housekeeping because she had SO MANY children. I don't see that working with the for Jill and Jessa. Most of these women were SAHM or working mothers who probably remember raising 3-4 children, and keeping a clean house, and making meals for the family, along with caring for babies and taking older children to school/scouts/baseball practice, entertaining friends and family, etc., etc., etc. I think that watching Jill and Jessa loll around all day and do very little is going to start rubbing them the wrong way sooner or later.

• Love 5

Haven't seen any of this, but tonight, during Say Yes to the Dress there was a "sneak preview' (gag) , which was basically a 5 minute infomercial for finding Jana a  husband. So, yes, Jim Boob's big slobbery hand is still all over this show. Will. Not. Watch.

• Love 2

I got one even better for you. I vote to send Auntie Fee to the TTH for a cooking session. If you don't know who she is, please watch this video. It's one of many. She's even been featured on Jimmy Kimmel. I would pay good money to see their reactions.

I will not be giving TLC any clicks. Clicks/Ratings = Validation. I'm only watching if it's on a bootleg site hosted on a server in India

I doubt pirates are gonna bother with something TLC are giving it away for free.

OMG is that really true? I knew if they are courting  it's not allowed but they can't hug siblings, cousins, friends, relatives, etc....? This is sick. 

• Love 1

I doubt pirates are gonna bother with something TLC are giving it away for free.

Pirates usually have shows posted within one hour of them airing (whether they can be viewed on other outlets or not) as long as there is a demand for them. The fact that this show isn't being pirated shows how unpopular they've become. 

• Love 1

Benessa could even try one of those mail order meal services where they ship you all of the ingredients &recipe. I know they aren't cheap but either is eating out most of the time & they are nutritious. I read an article comparing different services & most said the recipes were easy to follow.

Remember Jessa & Jilly were given time off from their jurisdictions to prepare for the weddings? This should have been the time for them to tackle all the jurisdictions to prepare for married life. Jessa snubbed her nose at cooking that first Duggar dinner for Ben after they announced the courtship. The dinner was only beef & chicken fajitas. How easy is that to throw together?

• Love 6

What happened to all those frozen meals the girls made Benessa before Spurgey was born? I know they didn't fit in with the Fall Feast, but maybe a mention of them along with a thank you to the J'slaves would have been nice when they were discussing Jessa's cooking.

• Love 2

Maybe Jessa is into the whole freezer cooking trend that is huge on Pinterest, and a lot of churches are into hosting informative session for busy moms who can't cook or whatever (seems like there are so many of those these days in conservative churches, despite all the emphasis on Suzi Homemaker Skills).

Those freezer cooking sessions are where you prep a few weeks of meals in one session that can be frozen and reheated in crock pots.

• Love 1

What kind of "real jobs" do you think they can get without a high school diploma or GED?

Oh, no problem. With their backgrounds they're ready for ANYTHING. As long as Boob will be cutting the paychecks, that is...

• Love 5

I don't recall seeing a slow cooker in Jessa's kitchen. There certainly is counter space; the entire end of the counter across from the DRT is replete with wedding photos.

I've never understood the concept of her keeping pictures on the kitchen counter. I would be afraid they would get damaged from all the liquids. 

• Love 4

The Duggars have met many gay people already, whether they acknowledge that fact or not. Most recently, they sat for an interview with GMA's Robin Roberts, right?

I'm glad to read that Jessa is bonding with her baby and not allowing him to cry for the sake of crying (I.e., Gothardites' extreme rules of parenting). The first time I babysat for my infant niece, I called my mom in a semi-panic because the baby was crying. My mom said, "She's talking to you! Crying is her only way of communicating with you. Don't get frightened. Pay attention and you'll figure it out." Nowadays, as a social worker who specializes in families at risk, I can't tell you how often I pass on that advice. I can actually see the light bulbs switch on!

I'm really glad Jessa is paying attention to her instincts. Good job.

Thanks, I didn't know Robin Roberts had interviewed them. Poor Robin.

• Love 2

OMG she's brilliant. Thanks for posting that link; I'd never heard of her. You're right, inviting her to a cooking class at TTH would be epic.

• Love 2

Thanks, I didn't know Robin Roberts had interviewed them. Poor Robin.

RR didn't interview them but you can see the correspondent that did in this clip. RR did comment on the interview after ABC aired it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG9uddjIvog

I don't think Robin Roberts interviewed the Duggars. She did make some comments after the interview, which have been discussed somewhere around here.

Yes, you are so right and it keeps coming up...sigh

​Omg!!  I would pay money to watch Auntie Fee cook at the TTT.  I have spent the afternoon watching her videos - Thank you for the link!

• Love 3