Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/12/2016 at 8:11 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I'm pretty sure they hated each other for a significant portion of Gossip Girl.  Most of that BTS has thankfully fled my brain but I remember it seemingly like BL was a diva.  So likely not a cause of the rift but a general example of character.

I like to forget about Gossip Girl.  But Chuck and Serena were both characters I loathed.

I couldn't stand Chuck either. And it seemed like everyone else loved him. I hated the Chair ship too. (I find it really amusing that Leighton in real life basically chose a "Dan type" in Adam Brody.)

I didn't mind Serena. But I'm always baffled by Blake Lively's fame. 

I don't remember hearing of any rift between Blake and Leighton. But I would watch the hell out of an E! True Hollywood story about Gossip Girl. Leighton dated Sebastian Stan!

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 4

This can probably also go in the REALLY unpopular thread, but I wasnt crazy about Smart/Captain Cold on Legends of Tomorrow.  The way he talked just annoyed me and I had trouble listening to him.  I didn't dislike him, but I didn't think he was the greatest either.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmithW6079 said:

Michael Weatherly's Anthony DiNozzo from NCIS, mostly because I can't buy WASP Michael Weatherly as Italian (and Robert Wagner as his father).

LOL, I'm sorry but that just reminds me of this:

• Love 1
(edited)

Sure, I would agree in general that TPTB don't owe viewers anything. They can tell whatever stories they like. On the flipside though, fans don't owe the show their viewership and support. So, when producers and writers plead with fans to have patience, to stick with the show because they heard the complaints and are addressing them, and they deride fans who drop the show over certain issues, because those aren't actually real issues and you'll see if only you stick around, then I can see why viewers get irritated at TPTB when it becomes clear that was all lip service. 

Also, in the end, this is a business. Some people like to think that shows are the result of a creator's vision and are pure art, so the storyteller should hold true to what they want to do. However, business decisions are made before these stories even hit the air and continue to be made through the show's run. You want to not consider your fans, the people that keep you on the air? Good luck. You better be really good. If not, don't complain then about how the viewers just don't get it or are impatient or that the ratings are falling and now the network is tying your hands. Don't complain when people stop watching your show or give you bad reviews or bad word of mouth. They owe you nothing. You want my eyeballs, then entertain me.

Edited by cynic
  • Love 10

I think each show has a live tweet personality.  But I agree most of them are terrible to follow and are just used as another advertising vehicle.  But  some are a blast. 

I haven't watched Scandal since... I dunno early season 4, but the S1 & 2 Scandal had some of the best live tweets.  Not so much the people involved in the show, but the fans tended to be witty and snarky and struck a balance between irreverent and fannish. And the actor who plays David Rosen would get into twitter fights with people because he really had no filter.  LOL.  Empire has a good tweet fandom. They have no fucks to give. At all.

I do like it when a show has a technical person who chimes in, though,  and give some insight to technical aspects.  Those can be fun.  Grey's Anatomy has a Medical twitter where somebody tweets the facts behind the medical stuff going on the show.  When The Wiz aired (also a totally fabulous live tweet to follow) a twitter account, Black Broadway -- I think,  tweeted all sorts of interesting facts about the original broadway play during the show.

• Love 2

I don't have any issue with the live tweeting or even live discussion here. Because one can just avoid it and still just watch the show. There's a decent amount of shows I watch only because I can come here to talk about it later. #SanFranciscoTreat

It's when TPTBs use social media to direct how viewers should watch the show. Or use it to "fill in" after the show.

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Sure, I would agree in general that TPTB don't owe viewers anything. They can tell whatever stories they like.

That's not technically true though. Once you put the show out there, it ceases to be 100% your show, and people are going to respond. You shouldn't, as TPTBs, just go to the whim of the fans, but if something isn't working, you need to fix it. We're down on Sleepy Hollow now, for legit reasons, but TPTBs wanted a different show than what everyone else was watch. To their credit, they soft rebooted at the end of S2 to get back to what the show really was about. After that, I know there were other issues, but it's still a good example of modern tv. 

What I always say is, what you (TBTPs) want to be the show isn't necessarily the show you have. You have to produce the show you have. Hopefully, there are the same.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Michael Weatherly is now going to be playing Doctor Phil.  In a series about his life.  Produced by Doctor Phil.  Yeah, that's going to be a disaster.

Seriously???  The Apocalypse has arrived.

• Love 4
(edited)

The second season of Empire hasn't been nearly as bad as it's been made out to be. In fact, aside from a few minor pacing issues, it's been a really solid season. And if last season was Taraji Henson's star turn, then this season was definitely Terrence Howard's.

Viola Davis & Cicely Tyson are legends but they couldn't rescue the second season of How To Get Away With Murder.

Scandal is still entertaining. Utterly nonsensical, but still entertaining.

The sixth season of Shameless was also very good. The major issue hampering the show this season was trying to realistically reweave William H. Macy's Frank back into the Gallagher household, when that time would've been better spent allowing his kids a break from the unrelenting drama of the last couple of seasons.

In that vein, Mandy and Mickey Milkovich were 'fun' characters but their constant presence irreparably warped the show. The best thing Shameless did was writing them both out.

Blackish is a mediocre show saved solely by the occasional witty one liner and an extremely talented cast.

I love Nikki Beharie but the writing was on the wall for Sleepy Hollow the minute Orlando Jones was let go.

Tara was the best character on True Blood. I'll never forgive Alan Ball for the way he wasted poor Rutina Wesley.

I really enjoy The Sisterhood on Grey's Anatomy. Ellen Pompeo, Kelly McCreary and Caterina Scorsone are fun together, even if Amelia is hella annoying.

In that vein, I wouldn't be upset if Alex ends up with Maggie. DeLuca was really hot but nowhere near Maggie's level and Alex deserves better than wishy washy Jo.

Also in that vein, I enjoy the large size of Grey's Anatomy's cast. While it's a drag that not everyone is featured every week, the ensemble more than makes up for it in terms of sheer talent.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Dee said:

Also in that vein, I enjoy the large size of Grey's Anatomy's cast. While it's a drag that not everyone is featured every week, the ensemble more than makes up for it in terms of sheer talent.

I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy long ago, but I actually normally like shows with a large cast. I don't mind multiple plots and breaks from certain characters/storylines. Some of my favorite shows have/had large casts (LOST, GoT, TWD, AoS, TB, and so on).

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Dee said:

DeLuca was really hot but nowhere near Maggie's level and Alex deserves better than wishy washy Jo.

Who or what's near Maggie's level?  Looks?  Education?  I don't understand.

What I always say is, what you (TBTPs) want to be the show isn't necessarily the show you have. You have to produce the show you have. Hopefully, there are the same.

True, but the same can and should be applied to viewers.  A show isn't necessarily what you want it to be, and if it isn't and you aren't able to take it for what it is after a reasonable time, move on.  If what the show actually is appeals to enough viewers, it'll be fine and if not, it'll be rightfully cancelled.  (I try to follow my own advice, but there are times when I find myself hanging on and complaining far longer than is good for my mental health.)

• Love 3
(edited)

I never liked Michael Scott, and I used to kind of hate Jim and Pam, but grew to like them later.  I appreciate the show on a new level now -- rewatching it is great.  I also really, really, really didn't like Michael's love interest Holly.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I've been doing a rewatch of House and currently I'm mid-season three. I hate Wilson. I would take 100 lovesick Cameron's to be free of Wilson. I can't even put into words my hatred of everything he says and does. I get that House is a bad guy and that House has a problem, but the way Wilson chooses to interact with him to deal with all of that all the while acting like he's just he nicest guy and right about everything makes me want to punch him in his smug face. I did stop watching before it ended (though I do know what the ending will be) so maybe he gets better but I can't imagine ever liking him or caring about him after watching him now be just the worst and most annoying character on the show.

• Love 1

I'm baffled as to why so many people haven't been able to comprehend that Claire on Outlander is on her second child when episode 1 opens. It's not obvious, but it takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes to reason it out. 

52 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I never liked Michael Scott, and I used to kind of hate Jim and Pam, but grew to like them later.  I appreciate the show on a new level now -- rewatching it is great.  I also really, really, really didn't like Michael's love interest Holly.

I hated, hated Michael and wanted his character to die in a hilarious way.  I also couldn't stand Erin and I still don't think Ellie Kemper is funny.

And now I'll go off the rails and say I don't find the triumvirate of Tina Fey/Maya Rudolph/Amy Poehler funny.  They peaked on SNL.

• Love 1

ganesh, for a partial, probable explanation, see my post above.  Brought to you by the letters, O, U, and TLANDER. (I'm not allowed to post or like in the no-book thread because I am a book reader, but I feel your pain).   

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Amy Poehler was a zero on SNL for me (but love her as Leslie Knope).  Casey Wilson was a zero on SNL for me (but I love her as Penny Hartz).

I'll raise the stakes and say I don't think Tina Fey was all that great on SNL--either her on-screen stuff or even most of her writing--but killed it as Liz Lemon (and writing every single thing she did AFTER SNL). IMO there's just something about SNL after the 90s or so that simply just held a lot of people back. Then they left and often did better stuff (except for the ones who didn't--plenty of those too). 

20 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

And now I'll go off the rails and say I don't find the triumvirate of Tina Fey/Maya Rudolph/Amy Poehler funny.  They peaked on SNL.

Fey has IMO been better since she left SNL, at everything. Poehler too. Rudolph though just ain't done nuthin' worth paying attention to. 

• Love 1

Yeah, my fundamental point was that actually watching the show doesn't seem to be a priority. I've read the same thing from like 5 different people. This show, and there are others, do play fair with the viewers; i.e., you can reasonably infer things and not have to fanwank in order for the show to make sense. 

I don't understand it when people demand a show be cancelled because they don't like it any more. Why can't you watch something else? Do people think they are so important that a show must cease to exist at their whim?

I also dislike reviewing a show you haven't seen or a book you haven't read. What perspective can you bring in discussing something you know nothing about?

• Love 14
On 5/3/2016 at 4:22 PM, Ohwell said:

That's an interesting story.  I know very little about her, just that she's married to Ryan Reynolds and was on some TV show? I hadn't read that Gawker story either, but there's just something about her face that makes me want to rearrange it.  Guess I had intuition or something. : )

Her nicknames on Dlisted are Blake NotSoLively and, because of the antebellum stuff, Beige O'Hara.

And now we can add this to the pile of stupid shit Blake Lively says:

http://jezebel.com/blake-lively-says-that-she-has-an-l-a-face-with-an-oak-1777246470

To be honest, I know she's quoting the song, and I can even understand some of the criticism over her posting that, but I think comes across as dumb here more than anything else. 

1 hour ago, UYI said:

To be honest, I know she's quoting the song, and I can even understand some of the criticism over her posting that, but I think comes across as dumb here more than anything else. 

I think it has to more with her history, rather than just this one incident.  I recently read that she and Ryan Reynolds got married on a former plantation in SC where it still had the slave cabins.  So I think this latest incident just added fuel to the fire.  

• Love 1

The Blake Lively thing is stupid as fuck. I think it comes down to her being disliked. I'm sure if Jennifer Lawrence or some other current IT girl said it, no one would bat an eye.

I don't mind Blake. I side eyed her over the Woody Allen thing, but whatever, she doesn't want to talk shit before the check clears. However, saying that she's racist for quoting Sir Mix A Lot is ridiculous, petty, and a huge reach.

Jezebel can be super annoying at times, and I say this as a reader.

• Love 13
(edited)
On 5/18/2016 at 0:23 PM, Madding crowd said:

I don't understand it when people demand a show be cancelled because they don't like it any more. Why can't you watch something else? Do people think they are so important that a show must cease to exist at their whim?

I also dislike reviewing a show you haven't seen or a book you haven't read. What perspective can you bring in discussing something you know nothing about?

To extend this a tad, I don't understand why people demand a show be cancelled because they're not the kind of person who would watch it and their own demographic is better than the one the show is aimed at. I don't watch any of the durable CBS procedurals like NCIS, for instance, but just because another demographic likes them I should sneer and say crappy things about them?

Mid-20th century, virtually everything on TV was targeted to white middle-class nuclear families with secure homes, happy marriages, good education, enough to eat and bright futures for the kids. Not my life experience at all but it was all there was to watch. The thought of a group of viewers once again thinking what's best for everyone rubs me the wrong way since this time around there's an openly arrogant, superior component to the criticism of people with other tastes. 

Whenever I get a strong whiff of mean bullshit coming from lovers of a show I might otherwise have been interested in, I avoid it in all forms from that point on: live TV, OnDemand, streaming services -- so no one ever benefits from me or my possible interest. I don't miss much -- there's way too much on for everyone now for one show to be a loss for me.

Ok, rant over.

Edited by CoderLady
  • Love 10

The Property Brothers creep me out. Half the time, I think they use real estate to scope out  potential homes where they can bury the bodies from their ritualistic twin murders. I hate that they've taken over HGTV, except for "House Hunters."

HGTV today is basically Property Brothers and a thousand different iterations of "House Hunters."

• Love 8
(edited)
11 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The thread for Shows You Never Watched But Hate Anyway might off some insight. ;)

There are a few shows -- primarily candid reality -- that I think are harmful and/or offensive that I'd like to see cancelled even though I don't watch* them. There are programs whose producers/hosts/stars I dislike so much that, out of pure spite, I'd get secondhand enjoyment out of them being cancelled. The new show based on Dr. Phil is an abomination to me and I wouldn't mind shooting it out of the sky with laser cannons. I'd love to see the entire Fox News network die a horrible death. Etc.

I think wishing a show away is primarily a way of venting, which has its place.

* My opinions about them, right or wrong, are derived from entertainment news and reading discussion boards.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:30 AM, kiddo82 said:

I don't know how widely loved this character was but I cannot stand Lt. Kenneth "Lou" Shea from Rescue Me. Flames! Flames, I tell you! How do I hate thee, let me count the ways:

First (and probably foremost and where he lost all benefit of the doubt with me) was the way he treated Laura. Yeah, all the guys were dicks to her because "Eww! Girls!" and they were all extremely juvenile and off putting but Lou was on another level with his treatment of her. Then there was the "twat" incident for which she gave him every chance to apologize before she complained to the higher ups and he still acted like an entitled child. THEN!! He gives a speech to her about how they're "just words". Like, fuck you, for telling someone else what should or should not offend him or her especially when he knew exactly what he was doing when he called her that in the first place. It wasn't a case of semantics, or her being too sensitive, or a misunderstanding. Not that she didn't mess up, but he chose that particular word (and probably because the show couldn't get away with using the "c-word") because he knew it would hurt.

The time he poured Tommy a drink and told him he liked him when he drank. Now, Tommy is a whole other story but the show (a) was based on the premise that Tommy was damaged as well as arrogant and selfish (b) showed Tommy getting his comeuppance every once in a while and © never really emotionally manipulated the audience into feeling bad for him. So anyway, Lou, knowingly enables his best friend's alcoholism right as Tommy was falling back off the wagon. Nice.

The hypocrisy. Oh man, the hypocrisy. Going full circle, one of the reasons he was such an ass to Laura was the whole "Can you rely on a tiny woman to help you out during a fire?" thing. Now towards the end of the series, he's had at least one heart attack, he's hiding how bad his health is from the rest of the ladder, and he's refusing to quit active duty and/or change his lifestyle. Tommy even confronts him about dieting and instead of acting like a big boy about it (see what I did there?) he again gets all juvenile and pissy. I know body image can be a touchy subject, even for men, but his entire job relies on him being physically fit for duty. And he was right about one thing, if an active fireman can't do his or her job then the odds of someone losing a life or becoming gravely injured increase. And guess what, he became such a burden that that very thing happened. And guess what else, never after the fact did he exhibit the self awareness to acknowledge that what happened was on him, even after Franco called him out on it, which of course made Franco the bad guy.

And on a petty note, he was never as funny as the show wanted us to think he was.

Now don't get me started on uncle Teddy...

Also, didn't he force his ex-wife to have sex with him or something.

I'm mean, I read something like that somewhere on TV Tropes (either Rescue Me's YMMV page or one of the Dethroning Moment of Suck pages), so this information is second hand.

TV Tropes - For when you want validation in not wanting to take part in a much acclaimed something or other.

13 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think it has to more with her history, rather than just this one incident.  I recently read that she and Ryan Reynolds got married on a former plantation in SC where it still had the slave cabins.  So I think this latest incident just added fuel to the fire.  

I don't know or care anything about Blake Lively, but I do want to point out that Boone Hall isn't the only Low Country plantation open to the public which has its slave cabins intact.  The one I visited when I was in SC maintained theirs as part of an exhibit which discusses the institution with all its horrors; it's better, imo, to acknowledge that part of the past rather than pretend it never existed.  I don't know how Boone Hall handles the subject, but I wouldn't automatically condemn anyone for getting married at that site on that basis alone.  Now, maybe Blake Lively is a racist, or at the very least, prejudice.  Or maybe she's just an idiot.  But I'm not using her choice of wedding venue as sole means of making that judgment.

• Love 5

It's one thing to visit a plantation to see exhibits and for discussion purposes, but it's a whole 'nother story to have a celebration there.  I have visited the Holocaust Museum, but I would never have a celebration of marriage or any other type of celebration there.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

It's one thing to visit a plantation to see exhibits and for discussion purposes, but it's a whole 'nother story to have a celebration there.  I have visited the Holocaust Museum, but I would never have a celebration of marriage or any other type of celebration there.  

I wouldn't either, but then again, I doubt the Holocaust Museum is licensed to perform weddings.

• Love 4
On 7/2/2015 at 2:41 PM, amensisterfriend said:

Adam Rove (Joan of Arcadia) ---Ugh...just ugh. I found him such a self-pitying, quasi-cool poseur at his best moments, and a dishonest, dangerously weak jerk at his worst. And I couldn't stand the actor's perpetually stoned line delivery! Joan was far better off without him :) 

Hehe. Just goes to show you how time changes everything. When JOA first started, I thought Adam Rove was so sweet and I rooted for him and Joan to get together. I thought the "Jane" thing was adorable and endearing. I was heartbroken when they broke up.

Now? Ugh, no. Every time he says Jane, I want her to turn around and tell him her fucking name is Joan. Like, seriously. I also wish Joan would have smacked him when his response to her very valid point of not wanting their (and HER) first time to be in a truck was, "It's a camper." Really, dude? STFU. 

• Love 1

I don't like having one sentence out of a 3 sentence paragraph that I posted quoted, and argued at, without actually reading all of the four sentences and actually attempted to read my point. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I wouldn't either, but then again, I doubt the Holocaust Museum is licensed to perform weddings.

I said in my post or any kind of celebration, so I wasn't just talking about weddings.  My point is, I don't think a former plantation is any place to have a celebration--of anything.

18 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I said in my post or any kind of celebration, so I wasn't just talking about weddings.  My point is, I don't think a former plantation is any place to have a celebration--of anything.

Many other people do.  I don't necessarily determine that they're racist based on that one fact.  They may be but they also might not be.  That was my point.  I'm going to do a 'agree to disagree' on this one, because it's a complicated issue and this is not the place for it.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:09 PM, DittyDotDot said:

I think it's not so much seeking stuff out, but keeping it all in perspective. Sometimes some of their thoughts and comments can be fun or interesting and there's some writers and producers I enjoy hearing from because they're just interesting people, IMO. But, just because TPTB say stuff, doesn't mean I have to believe it. It's art; which is in the eye of the beholder, IMO.

I do have a particular annoyance with TPTB using those after-shows to fill in the blanks of what they didn't put on-screen. And, I think it would be smarter for some of these people to step away from the social media. I think it can muddy the waters for some writers and producers.

On the Better Call Saul board, someone mentioned the TPTB podcast that told us what they wanted to get across in a particular episode (which was ambiguous, that's why there was discussion).  I mentioned that I preferred the story to be told within the show rather than having to consume additional media to clarify what wasn't clear on the screen.  Most people disagreed.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Many other people do.  I don't necessarily determine that they're racist based on that one fact.  They may be but they also might not be.  That was my point.  I'm going to do a 'agree to disagree' on this one, because it's a complicated issue and this is not the place for it.

Well, you quoted me first, which kept the conversation going, but I agree it should stop here.

Actually, I have to say, if you appeal to the mods, they'll back you. There's been several times where in episode threads of various shows where people have posted this and that about TPTBs on twitter, interviews, etc. I've said, along like, "I like to be unspoiled and thought the point of the episode thread is to talk about what we saw on screen. So, would it be ok if we put the other material in a dedicated media thread?" So that way you can avoid it. They've been quite good about it. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, lordonia said:

The thread for Shows You Never Watched But Hate Anyway might off some insight. ;)

There are a few shows -- primarily candid reality -- that I think are harmful and/or offensive that I'd like to see cancelled even though I don't watch* them. There are programs whose producers/hosts/stars I dislike so much that, out of pure spite, I'd get secondhand enjoyment out of them being cancelled. The new show based on Dr. Phil is an abomination to me and I wouldn't mind shooting it out of the sky with laser cannons. I'd love to see the entire Fox News network die a horrible death. Etc.

I think wishing a show away is primarily a way of venting, which has its place.

* My opinions about them, right or wrong, are derived from entertainment news and reading discussion boards.

I have read that thread and still don't agree. The bottom line is that *you* (not you personally), don't get to censor my tv viewing and I don't get to censor yours. I feel the same way about book banning. Just because you don't feel a book belongs in the library, doesn't mean I feel the same way.  With cable, streaming devices, premium channels, etc, there are hundreds of things you can watch at any one time. After all, if we all had the power to cancel shows we don't like, there would be no shows left-everyone dislikes something

Except my favorite show, The Walking Dead-no one would cancel that. . Joking here in case you can't tell. 

• Love 4

Ok, debated if this should go here, really unpopular opinions, or in the shows that haven't stood the test of time thread.

Both shows have stood the test of time ok, I guess.  I just never found them to be all that funny.  More shocking and more down to earth as opposed to the sitcoms we'd all seen up to that point in time.  

All in the Family.  After the first few jokes where we know Archie is a racist, sexist blowhard, yeah it got a bit old.  There were some twists, but I wasn't in love with the show.  Same with Maude.  A few funny moments, but I basically found Maude to be a bitch. Ironically, I like Bea Arthur in just about everything else she did, just really didn't care for the character, so self righteous and ordering everyone around all the time.  Now, like I said, we had sitcoms where there was a goofy character or characters, the all American Family (aka perfect), the characters put in unusual situations or those that had incredible abilities.  These two show were more realistic, but nah, can't say that I'll stop and watch if there's a rerun on now.  I know they were groundbreaking in the terms of what topics they tackled, so yeah I give props for that.  I also think the casts were talented performers and became iconic (especially All in the Family).   I watched a few reruns a weekend or so ago and was like nah, I really do not like this show.  Another show that my family loves to see in reruns is Gomer Pyle.  Gah.  I loved the sergeant and felt  his pain at having to deal with such a nitwit.  But Gomer, no, just please go away.  I didn't mind him as a supporting character on the Andy Griffith show, but a whole show with him, just too much for me.

• Love 3

So, in honour of the tenth year anniversary of Charmed ending, I definitely want to throw out my unpopular opinions.

First off, season 6 is by far my favourite season. It's the season I've watched the most, and it's the season that I've enjoyed. The season 6 finale is my second favourite finale (succeeded by the season 3 finale). Season 7 is by far my least favourite. I haven't watched season 7 in its entirety in a while, mind you (about six years now) so maybe I should go back, but I found season 7 boring. I hated the Avatars a lot, I disliked Zankou a lot, and I didn't like the season 7 finale. It just made no sense that astral projection was suddenly a power that any witch (at least the Charmed Ones) could perform, and their BS reason of Prue teaching them was extremely BS. 

I liked Leo and Piper, but I found that I loved Paige and Henry in the final season more. I thought Paige marrying a mortal worked well, even with who she was. After a couple of seasons of them losing their path with Paige, they finally did right with her Henry arc. Plus, he was just so charming.

Phoebe/Drake almost ended up being my favourite Phoebe couple until they revealed Cole was being them getting together. I just thought it was a clumsy way of utilizing Julian McMahon while they had him for that one episode. 

Paige has by far been my favourite Charmed One, but I actually grew to love Prue during the rewatches. I found it clear that she was growing to be a very powerful witch, one that was deserving of the Charmed One title, and it's disappointing that once she got killed off, none of the sisters had their powers grow to the extent that they should have. 

I liked Billie. There, I said it. Their misstep was introducing Christy; before her sister came along, Billie was shaping to be a really good character. 

I did not like Prue's sudden career switch. We heard nothing of it until the past lives episode and then a few episodes later, she's quitting Bucklands and pursuing photography? I couldn't really buy it.

I also....liked the Nymphs episode. It's not great in any means, but there are other episodes that I would put lower on my list.

As much as I liked Barbas, he's a character I was growing annoyed by with every reappearance. I was just wanting him to stay dead....however, if he had, he wouldn't have gotten to be the Demon of Hope in the season 6 finale, a scene I love dearly is when he's reading Chris and he's getting creeped out. 

I was also ok with Daryl leaving. He was alright, but I didn't like the actual actor. His acting kind of bugged me. 

• Love 2

I agree that Billie wasn't too bad.  I also didn't think Pheobe was as bad as many thought.  Really I thought each sister and actress had their high and low points, but none bothered me to the point that I felt  I couldn't watch.   My Charmed UO, is that I didn't think the effects were too bad considering it was a weekly TV show and not a multi million dollar movie.  I just need a good story with likable characters.  This goes for any effect laden show.  I am OK with "cheesey" special effects.

• Love 3

Was season 6 the one with Chris? That was my favorite season too, I loved Chris and thought he had great chemistry with everyone on the show. I quit watching after he was gone.

All the rape on Outlander doesn't really bother me within the context of the show. The show had an attempted rape in the first episode and has been consistently brutal since then. Because I don't seek out additional media and just prefer to actually watch the show, I think sometimes I'm watching a different show. 

• Love 3