Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E04: Signed, Sealed, And Delivered

• Start Topic

Hey a championship ring is still a ring right? Ha!

I put the illnesses squarely at the feet of the challenge designers. In that weather there was no reason to put those small bags that far down in that giant of a circle. They've buried bags hundreds of times without giving the Survivors that much difficulty.

• Love 16

That challenge was carnage, and it was terribly irresponsible to let them continue for that long in that heat without taking a few minutes to let them get in the shade and have a little water. I got the sense that Cydney was overheating but not dangerously, and she seemed like maybe she was having a panic attack, and so I can understand the medical team focusing on Caleb while other people worked to keep her calm and to cool her down. Caleb . . that was scary. He seemed really messed up. I am curious about what was the breaking point for the doc calling for the evacuation, though. Did his temp reach a certain number, or is there a time limit for how long it can stay high, or did he start seizing, or what? Just nosy, I guess.

I'm willing to give Peter a break on not helping more, because he could have been not doing great himself. And, who knows - in addition to the show rules, he could have a contract with his employer or his malpractice insurer that ties his hands, and there were lots of people helping. The two women were okay, and it seems like nothing was going to get Caleb under control.

That disaster of a challenge combined with the assholes Jason and Scot made this a pretty depressing episode.

• Love 16

God, I hate this show sometimes.

This wasn't the worst episode ever, but it ranks up there. I'm guessing people were hoping a tattooed jagoff would be booted from the game. Since karma is taking its sweet time arriving in Cambodia, it was Caleb who had to be sent off. Maybe my bar for him was low because I know Big Brother contestants never go to MENSA meetings, but he seemed like a nice guy. I hope my faith in him is rewarded when he comes back. Ditto Terry, even if he is a robot.

I probably wouldn't want to be in a camp situation with Alecia. On the other hand? Fuck you, Kyle Jason, and fuck you, Scot Pollard. Oh, my God. The Brotherhood Of The Ugly Tattoos survives another episode. They could have voted "Blondie" off in the first TC. Or the second. But they didn't. Stupid people . . . stupid, stupid people. Part of me was hoping Syndey would have been medevac'd out, because those two numbnuts deserve Alecia. Sure, they're getting a crap edit, but I want more punishment. I want people to boo them at the Reunion. Shit, I want the audience to hurl heavy objects at their heads. And Jason has actually bred? Twice?!? Yikes. As for Scot?

Dalton Ross ‏@DaltonRoss  2h2 hours ago
Worth pointing out that “NBA Champion” Scot played a total of ZERO playoff minutes in the Celtics 2008 title run. #Survivor

HA! "Uncle Cliffy" from the first B/B/B season probably had more court time than that asshole. What was he, the eleventh man? Twelfth? Would Kevin Garnett have trusted the ballboy before Scot? Honestly, Scot is a fucking tool, and I want to see him suffer.

I haven't been keeping track . . . how many positions has Debbie had in her titles? She didn't act crazy this week, and I'm glad.

Seriously . . . fuck Jason and Scot.

ETA: One thing I am grateful for .  . no coverage of Jason and Scot trying to break Alecia down at camp. We went right to Tribal Council instead of enduring even more ugliness from those two hideous men.

• Love 18

Why was Debbie sucking up to Peter?

Damn, Tai never got his kiss from Caleb.

Damn, Scot is a total asshole.  But then, I knew that coming in.

Cydney sits back and lets Scot and Jason be the assholes, but she's no better.

• Love 10

Jason and Scott...what a pair of ever loving pricks! Say what you will about Russell Hantz but even he had a touch of charm to him...these two are just loathsome beyond the pale. You "were trying to help her" shut the F up you mysoginist tool. I was praying for a miracle Cydney would team up with Alecia to flush out Jason's idol but it was just too much to hope for. Most pointless tribal ever.

Meanwhile that was without a doubt the RED WEDDING of REWARD CHALLENGES. And when it was all said and done I was so dissapointed to see Caleb felled in them middle of his redemption arc. I kept asking myself why, why,why couldn't it be Nick?! True to his own word he really is an unemotional robot...near as I could tell he didn't give a damn that from what I assume his CLOSEST alliance mate got medvaced out.

Also who ever knew there was a random blonde on the Beauty tribe?! Those characters have been greatly underserved in the editing to the point where I still don't know their names.

So that's it...several story lines wrapped up to night. Alecia vs tool feud, Tai's crushing on Caleb and Fauxbama lifts the target off his back by cinching the immunity and the reward challenge if I remember correctly.

• Love 4

According to Jason, he would have helped Alecia because that would have been more important. He was probably correctly called out that he likely wouldn't have, and that he's just saying that now because he looked like such an ass to Alecia tonight.

• Love 5

I think Peter did not rush over to help because he himself was dehydrated and overheated and was in no shape to exert himself. The medical team were all over Caleb, with their equipment, there was nothing much more than he could do. They needed water and cooling packs, so what would he do to help Cydney aside from what Kyle Jason was already doing?

I think Caleb got a saintly edit because of the impending medevac. He wasn't that positive a character on Big Brother. I'm surprised how much I liked him on Survivor; taht's bc they only showed his positives. His prowess on challenges, etc. Since Beauty just lost their strongest player, it's great that there's a swap coming up already.

Caleb basically confirmed on YouNow earlier tonight that he'll be back on Survivor. I've heared htat returnees are being cast for Season 34. I hope he's recovered and won't have PTSD when he goes back, bc it's very soon - S34 is filming in the spring/summer. And i hope he's smart enough to put on some body fat before he goes.

• Love 12
Caleb basically confirmed on YouNow earlier tonight that he'll be back on Survivor. I've heared htat returnees are being cast for Season 34. I hope he's recovered and won't have PTSD when he goes back, bc it's very soon - S34 is filming in the spring/summer. And i hope he's smart enough to put on some body fat before he goes.

I've heard that, too.  I'd love for them to cast Tai alongside Caleb again, though not sure how well Tai is going to do and if it'll warrant a second chance.  I'm hoping we'll start hearing more about S34 shortly!  I do hope they take the path of Second Chances and cast only first time returnees (and not bringing anyone back for the third and fourth time).

• Love 3

Cydney sits back and lets Scot and Jason be the assholes, but she's no better.

That she "stayed friends" with Alecia isn't really true, I think Alecia stayed friends with her but it was very one sided. Cyd really wasn't much better to her when she wasn't around Cyd still took her turn kicking the family dog.

I can't see 'Beast Mode' packing on bodyfat for any reason... but I think he could once again be a factor. God speed BMC. God speed.

And I have to say that of all the on-point nicknames come up on these or other boards over the years I get the biggest kick out of 'Kyle' as a nick for Jason. It's hilarious every time I see it. And it proves the adage a dickhead by any name is still a dickhead.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 8

Well, Jeff being all sympathetic and "still rooting" for Alecia was some bad cinema bullshit.

Instead of Foregone Conclusion TC, why not count Caleb as the episode one-off and let Alecia stay until the shakeup? 

I'm not a diehard Alecia fan, but I hated to see those big apes drop kick her off the island.

• Love 17

Maybe Peter wasn't doing so hot himself, but I don't think it's contractual that he can't help.  

Jeremy and Keith had no problem rushing over when someone was in trouble.  But maybe first responders would be more inclined to do that.  From my multiple ER visits with my mom, the doctor is the last to wander onto the scene.  Not saying it's always like that, but in my experience it has been. 

• Love 7

Sorry guys, usually try to read all the posts before replying, but I just had to come on here and agree with some of the posts I read that it was TOTALLY irresponsible of the production crew to let the survivors' health get that endangered. That was genuinely harrowing to watch.

• Love 9

Well, Jeff being all sympathetic and "still rooting" for Alecia was some bad cinema bullshit.

Instead of Foregone Conclusion TC, why not count Caleb as the episode one-off and let Alecia stay until the shakeup? 

I'm not a diehard Alecia fan, but I hated to see those big apes drop kick her off the island.

That's what I was hoping for.  If for any other reason than to live another day and be a thorn in the 2 stooges side.  

Kyle Jason and Scot are getting flack on twitter tonight, but they are making a big joke about it by posting pictures with Kyle Jason's wife and Julia/Michele, who were watching with them (which makes me question if Julia and Michele are the girls I really thought they were).  Anyway, I like some of the responses to those pictures: people asking how much they paid Julia/Michele to pose with them, and said that two sexist jerks posing in a photo with women to prove they aren't sexist is like a racist posting a photo with an African American to say they aren't racist.  I hope Scot and Kyle Jason are getting a charge out of the negativity now, because (god forbid) if they last, I have a feeling it may wear thin.

In regards to Peter not helping, it is possible he tried to, but was told to get away and make room for the medical team.  I don't really see what Peter could have done.  Last season when Jeremy rushed over to help Joe, he only stood there about a minute before the medical team shooed him and the other Survivors away. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 12

They always have a TC after somebody is evacuated, it's nothing new.

• Love 2

God, I hate this show sometimes.

This wasn't the worst episode ever, but it ranks up there. I'm guessing people were hoping a tattooed jagoff would be booted from the game. Since karma is taking its sweet time arriving in Cambodia, it was Caleb who had to be sent off. Maybe my bar for him was low because I know Big Brother contestants never go to MENSA meetings, but he seemed like a nice guy. I hope my faith in him is rewarded when he comes back. Ditto Terry, even if he is a robot.

I probably wouldn't want to be in a camp situation with Alecia. On the other hand? Fuck you, Kyle Jason, and fuck you, Scot Pollard. Oh, my God. The Brotherhood Of The Ugly Tattoos survives another episode. They could have voted "Blondie" off in the first TC. Or the second. But they didn't. Stupid people . . . stupid, stupid people. Part of me was hoping Syndey would have been medevac'd out, because those two numbnuts deserve Alecia. Sure, they're getting a crap edit, but I want more punishment. I want people to boo them at the Reunion. Shit, I want the audience to hurl heavy objects at their heads. And Jason has actually bred? Twice?!? Yikes. As for Scot?

HA! "Uncle Cliffy" from the first B/B/B season probably had more court time than that asshole. What was he, the eleventh man? Twelfth? Would Kevin Garnett have trusted the ballboy before Scot? Honestly, Scot is a fucking tool, and I want to see him suffer.

I haven't been keeping track . . . how many positions has Debbie had in her titles? She didn't like crazy this week, and I'm glad.

Seriously . . . fuck Jason and Scot.

ETA: One thing I am grateful for . . no coverage of Jason and Scot trying to break Alecia down at camp. We went right to Tribal Council instead of enduring even more ugliness from those two hideous men.

Cliff Robinson was a way better player than Scot Pollard. Robinson was a good player and a borderline star (he made one All Star team). Scot was a so-so role player off the bench for about 10 seasons.

Cliff score just under 20,000 points in his career. Scot scored just over 2,000.

The difference in their play is about the same a tbe difference in their personalities and likeability

• Love 11

I was prepared to boycott this season because of Caleb. I absolutely hated his Amber-stalking on Big Brother (among other things). But I gave it a couple of episodes, and I'll be damned if  I didn't actually LIKE Caleb this time around. If it took him being on BB (and watching himself or reading about himself afterward) to become more self-aware, then it was worth watching that crappy season. I am truly sorry that he went out when he was clearly giving it his all, and I actually would not mind if he came back for a second attempt on Survivor.

• Love 9

I actually feel bad for Alecia and had to mute. It's always disturbing to me to watch when someone in Survivor is treated so badly. I just feel like no matter what she does those 2 guys will tear her down and they are completely rude about it.

I stopped watching as soon as they lost and those assholes started piling on her. Of course she was thinking about herself. She was the one in danger. I truly hate all three of them after that. At first, it was only Kyle. That one proved to me that Cydney and Scot are just as horrible.

You may be correct in that but in that situation it seems a doctor who had any sense about themselves would have been f#*k the contract, this person needs help.

A doctor who has no instruments to help and is exhausted, dehydrated and filthy from digging in the sand probably shouldn't be pushing aside the trained medical team that’s already tending to the injured.

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 13

I really hate Scott. I actually hate him more than Jason and that's saying a lot.

I hate Cyndy too, she's a bitch. Too bad one of them didn't leave instead of Caleb.

The main reason to watch now is to see them voted off, hopefully through blindsides, one after the other.

Tai is on the beauty team because he is beautiful on the inside. I understood this when they explained why Alicia was on the brawn team.

• Love 9

Boy the brawn team is filled with knuckle draggers. They're not worth learning their names. I will call them Neanderthal #1 and #2. My only hope - to kick back and watch them turn on each other. And Cydney isn't much better.

I wonder if the medics had not wasted so much time on Debbie (definitely NOT heat STROKE) and dramatically talking about what they were doing (at jeffs insistence) and had tended to Caleb sooner, would he have been able to recover and stay in the game?

Poor Cydney, the medics ignored her and let bounty hunter care for her.

For a minute I thought they were going to start CPR on Caleb. His non-rebreather mask wasn't moving and there was minimal rise and fall to his chest. Ice in the armpits! Ha

I would guess that Debbie and Cydney had heat exhaustion, whereas Caleb had the much more serious heat stroke. Debbie managed to talk and Cydney managed to flop around and cry and moan and attempt to wiggle away from the cold water. They responded relatively quickly to being cooled off.

Caleb was very scary. If you look you can tell that his skin was dry, therefore he had actually stopped sweating. He just laid there all splayed out and barely conscious. The fact that his level of consciousness didn't improve and apparently his temp didn't improve even with ice at his armpits, groin, and trunk. That's a very bad sign.

Yeah, no joke. Probst is over there stroking Caleb's head, practically having an orgasm and Cydney gets no doc or anyone else but Jason? Do they not have more than 1 doctor? I was more worried about Cydney at that point. I am not a nurse, but I thought that IV stick was really sloppy ( I could be wrong about that though).

Cydney wasn't nearly as bad as Caleb. She had enough energy to cry loudly, moan, writhe, etc. and I did see her vital signs being taken a couple of times.

I wouldn't call the IV start sloppy. They probably used a huge needle and had no care to make it look pretty. The medics/Doctor looked scared. Which made me scared.

I think Debbie got help faster because Peter the ER doc saw she was heading for trouble and alerted med team before she became critical. The other two, people were trying to help and only called for help when things got bad.

It wasn't the ER doc insisting she needed help. It was the older dude (Joe?) who insisted. It took me a moment to figure out why she was sitting there with her head buried in his crotch. They were attempting to shade them.

• Love 18

I wonder if the medics had not wasted so much time on Debbie (definitely NOT heat STROKE) and dramatically talking about what they were doing (at jeffs insistence) and had tended to Caleb sooner, would he have been able to recover and stay in the game?

Poor Cydney, the medics ignored her and let bounty hunter care for her.

For a minute I thought they were going to start CPR on Caleb. His non-rebreather mask wasn't moving and there was minimal rise and fall to his chest. Ice in the armpits! Ha

I was expecting Tai to jump in and perform mouth to mouth on Caleb. ;)

• Love 5

Scot was a total douchebag. Also, he bragged about being an "NBA Champion" when he didn't play at all after February and didn't play a minute in the playoffs and scored a total of 39 points for the entire season for the 2007-08 Celtics. The ball boys contributed more to the championship than he did.

Was he a good cheerleader when he was on the bench?

ETA Sleddog beat me to this obvious question!

Edited by scowl
  • Love 9

That was insane, the most scary Survivor challenge I've seen.  Jeff calling for all the help, seeing all the staff all over pouring water and with umbrellas.

All of  teams even before the challenge ended looked like they were going to collapse, then Caleb threw the ball, got it in, refused to give up and then collapsed. Talk about giving your all! He did not quit or fall until he won it for his team. 

I feel so bad he had to be evac'd out. So glad he's ok and really hope to see him back on Survivor one day. He totally redeemed himself from BB.

Jason protective and sticking by Sydney while her body was failing on her was great too. He stuck with her.

I laughed at them wanting to do tribal right then and there after the immunity challenge. 

• Love 3

That was incredibly scary, I kept waiting for more people to go down. When you think about how many challenges there have been where people were out in the sun for hours over the years & they never had something like this before, the heat must have really been over the top.

Alecia really didn't get any final words?

No, I wonder if she just refused? I can't think of any other reason they wouldn't let her say something. Interesting that she was put on brawn because she's mouthy, I wonder if they'll explain why Tai is on beauty?

Cliff Robinson was a way better player than Scot Pollard. Robinson was a good player and a borderline star (he made one All Star team). Scot was a so-so role player off the bench for about 10 seasons.

And we fans in Portland loved Cliff. Anyone in Boston love Scot? Anyone remember him?

• Love 9

Caleb was my favourite player. I know people said he had a bad reputation and was an ass, but from what I saw on this show he seemed like a nice guy. He was so awesome in competitions, just watching him sprinting out so far ahead of everyone else was amazing. I'm glad he is ok and disappointed he is out. Hope he gets another chance on a future Second Chances.

Scott and Kyle are vile and disgusting human beings. Alecia wasn't the best competitor but she did try her best, and Scott's comment that she was the cheerleader was really uncalled for. I'm glad she stood up to them.

I truly think I have nobody left to root for except for Tai, and perhaps Debbie. Everyone else is either a huge jackass (Scott, Kyle, Obama, Nick) or fairly invisible.

Once Tai is out, I could be done. My wife says I watch too much TV anyways!

No, I wonder if she just refused? I can't think of any other reason they wouldn't let her say something. Interesting that she was put on brawn because she's mouthy, I wonder if they'll explain why Tai is on beauty?

She did get final words. They played them as soon as she was booted. She said something about how she's proud of herself because she didn't give up and tried her best. They didn't play her words over the credits like usual because that was used for Caleb's words.

• Love 13

She did get final words. They played them as soon as she was booted. She said something about how she's proud of herself because she didn't give up and tried her best. They didn't play her words over the credits like usual because that was used for Caleb's words.

Huh, I guess my brain didn't process it as final words, just another TH.

Wandering Snark, that really is Kyle Jason's name! First name Kyle, last name Jason.

Yes, this I know. But as I said it's the reasoning we've picked up calling him that here that crack me up.

Also if he wants to go by 'Jason' I take glee with calling him Kyle 'cause he must not like it. People that go by other names usually hate to hear their 'real' name.

• Love 3

After hearing that Julia and Michelle were hanging with asshole Jason watching the episode tonight. It makes me wonder about those two. I heard that Alecia still can't stand Jason and Scot to this day

• Love 7

Don't you wish that when Jeff says something like, "Who knew it would be so hard to find three little bags in the sand" that someone would turn to him and snap, "Why don't you try it?"  Either that or hurl one of the bags at him.

Just me?

For me, it's the "so-and-so just found a bag from out of nowhere!"  Dude.  It was in the sand.  And they were digging for it, like, forever. It was not unexpected. 

Did I imagine it or did I see Neil, who sat out of the challenge, sitting under an umbrella while Caleb and Cydney were trying not to die? Maybe give that umbrella up and help.

Maybe he was trying to keep his ice cream pants from melting.

• Love 12

Funny what you can remember. When I was a kid, I won a VHS tape of Double Dare highlights. One of the things I recall was from the first episode, where a kid was digging through balls for a flag, and he timed out. Turns out the staff forgot to bury the flag. That's what I thought of seeing the tribes almost die for crappy comfort items. I'm not expecting Probst to spilt the second place prize between Beauty and Brawn, but the flags should have been easier to find.

Alecia, if you're reading this . . . maybe you should come to the Reunion dressed as a Celtics Dancer. They were probably as vital to the team in 2008 as Scot was, if not more so. Sure, Scot and Jason are alpha males that Probst would slurp, but I think the host likes leading a mob more. I think they're still finding chunks of Dan in the wheels of the Survivor bus.

• Love 5

Considering their behaviour on Twitter tonight, I sure as hell don't blame her. One of Scot's gems: "We both have two daughters and if they grow up like Alecia we will be disappointed."

Vile pigs.

She said on Twitter that they haven't apologized. Yeah I read what Scott said. Of course there were a couple of people acting like Alecia was in the wrong but it's mostly negative towards Him

• Love 3

I don't like any of these people. I don't find Tai as lovable as some others do, simply because he keeps pushing about this kiss thing, which Caleb totally didn't want. Just knock it off! It's creepy.

I thought Alecia was a bit dim and useless in this game, but that is no reason to treat her like dirt. She is human, after all, and her tribe treated her like anything but.

And man, Debbie is tough to endure. The neuron and frontal lobe jokes are awful, but fortunately she keeps using them again and again and again and again...

• Love 8

Why didn't they do a tribe switch after the evac? You got fourteen members, two of them who are clear outsiders from their tribe, it would have been perfect. Now they're doing a tribe split with uneven numbers.

• Love 3

So this from Jeff (must feel like deja vu for him):

Jeff ProbstVerified account
‏@JeffProbst
I won't spoil anything for west coasters but I hear you and agree re: #bullying.  Hopefully families can use it as a teaching moment.

And this from Jason's wife:

denise jason ‏@denise_jason138  5m5 minutes ago
@JeffProbst hey so could you help stop the bullying against my family and I? @survivorcbs

Guess pretending they didn't care what the viewers thought wore thin quicker than I thought it would.  Jason's wife said during the premiere that she thought the word 'bullying' was going to be overused this season.  If Jason makes it far into the game, this will probably be the tip of the iceberg.  

• Love 10

I think Debbie got help faster because Peter the ER doc saw she was heading for trouble and alerted med team before she became critical. The other two, people were trying to help and only called for help when things got bad.

Now, getting back to the challenge. I think TPTB should institute a rule that after say 30 mins in a hot climac all contestants need to stop, hydrate, cool down and then Re-start the challenge.

Pretty sure that was Joe. He spotted that she was not ok and was dogged about getting her help, ignoring the fact she was telling him not to (and slurring her words, another indicator she needed help pronto). This was entirely production's fault. They should have been hovering over every contestant and enforcing breaks when the challenge kept dragging on. Contestants should not have to be their own health advocate, or fight for each other to get proper medical attention. Debbie may have the constitution of 10000 horses, but she's still older. If they'd let her keep on like Caleb and Cydney she would have gone down harder and may never have bounced back.

Peter's an ass, but I can so see him analyzing how stupidly set up the whole business was and deciding he didn't want even an inkling of liability. I doubt anyone was at full brain capacity at that point anyway. 

I swear there was a shot of the doctor rolling his eyes at Jeff's incessant prattling that they couldn't cut away from fast enough. Uh, he's trying to save lives dude, stfu for five minutes and dub back over it later!

Caleb was going way too hard on every challenge and is exactly the kind of person who will find a way to injure themselves. He was always miles ahead of everyone else, even for challenges where everyone needed to be there for him to do anything. It sucks he had to go out like that, but I won't miss him. Looking at him made my skin crawl, especially combined with so many people still fawning over him for being pretty and ignoring the fact he's a psycho stalker.

Ugh, Jason/Kyle and Scott are The Worst. Alecia pls cover yourself in ashes and curse them, Servilia of the Junii-style. They deserve it. May they taste only ashes. Ugh.

• Love 4

That was a very difficult episode to watch. 

Alecia could be the underdog but there's something in her that I can't sympathize. So everyone on the Brawn deserves each other. 

I am liking the Brains and Beauty tribes. Aubry, Debbie and Tai are my favorites as of the moment. 

If Alicia (Australia) and Tasha had a baby, that would be Cydney. 

Scott to Alecia : I found two balls, what have you got?  Wow. So much to encourage your team. 

• Love 5

I have to agree on this being my least favorite episode. The planning for this challenge was very irresponsible. You had three people dropping out! No matter how dramatic that is on tv, this was a disgusting situation. It also took half of the episode without adding really anything else. Shame on you survivor! (hopefully they learn from this mistake)

Game wise: 

I feel bad Alecia was out of the game. She had a real opportunity, if  she made it to the swap. I do think that she was a ticking time bomb, though. Anyone teased and put down so much might outburst. Her bullying/position caused her reaction in this game. (not saying she wasn't annoying....she was but she had reason to be). In the long run, I respected her determination in playing the game. (anyone who wants to sign up for this game should have her resolve at least)

Also, The brawns totally threw that challenge on the puzzle. I mean you lost with cydney and alecia on the puzzle before.....plus no one was suggesting to switch when the team was falling apart. Brawns basically was like, "well at least we know we have an escape goat." 

SO HAPPY FOR THE SWAP! At least, I will have more information on the relationship/gameplay of all the players unlike this episode.  

Edited by Euriph
  • Love 2

Alecia was bullied and it makes me so sad that this show allows that to happen...

Not the first time a contestant was disgustingly bullied on this show. See: Survivor One World (poor Christina was bullied way worse). The show did nothing and just let the assholes continue.

I hope she gets invited back along with Caleb.

• Love 6

Well this was one ugly miserable episode.  The fact that I knew nobody died was the only thing keeping me watching.  And the heinous ugliness of the bullying of Alecia was mercifully brief because the Challenge of Doom took up so much episode.  (I'm afraid the challenge that medevac'd Penner and saw Chet flung around like a ragdoll, as well as bloodying and bruising several others, has lost its claim to Worst Challenge Ever.)  There was no strategy, nothing to talk about but unpleasant horribleness, so I'll refrain.  But production was extremely, extremely bad here and shakes my faith in their organization.

I will say, I think Debbie is a player--not burning her bridges with Peter was a good move.  And I still love those Beauty Gals, who are still doing great.  I am wearing my Survivor Goggles of course and cannot see that they were spending time with Cupcake and the Benchwarmer.  I have been in the camp of "well, these guys suck, but I don't love Alecia either" before, but she won me over tonight.  I have to agree with Jeff on this one, that mental Brawn is impressive.  I couldn't have stood up to half of that treatment after such an ordeal.

Rick Kitchen, on 09 Mar 2016 - 9:06 PM, said:

They always have a TC after somebody is evacuated, it's nothing new.

Most assuredly not always.  Joe in Tocantins, the first episode of One World, etc.  Jeff kept acting like he had something up his sleeve re: Alecia, I expected him to tell the Brawn assholes "Sorry, you don't get to vote out Alecia tonight, we're swapping" but I suppose if they had done that it would have been before the IC, which also they wouldn't have bothered with if they weren't eliminating anybody.

• Love 9

Just to play devil's advocate here... I don't think it's a coincidence that the bullying from the last few seasons has involved short tempered males combined with overly garrulous females.  I think even the nicest people have difficulty with socially awkward people that never shut up... and when you combine ill tempered macho types that haven't eaten or slept in days with people that constantly have their verbal motor running you will always have a never ending supply of drama to fall back on when you aren't lucky enough (from a production standpoint) to have people dropping like flies from heat exhaustion.

Were these guys rude and tactless?  Yes.  Did Alecia deserve that treatment?  No... but production knew exactly what would happen when they combined these people.  Unlike Shirin, who I think was very bright and knew how to passive aggressively fuck with those less intelligent than her... I think Alecia was an okay girl that was only guilty of being a little bit ditzy and dense. 

All I'm saying is that if you are going to be angry about this... aim it at reality tv production who have by now perfected the psychological alchemy necessary to make a season interesting and don't make it your personal mission to destroy these contestants lives for being on a show designed to entertain us.  If they cast only easy going people that never got upset with each other I doubt many of those who are getting angry would bother to watch.

• Love 13