Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E04: Signed, Sealed, And Delivered

• Start Topic

Well, that was something, three people go down in one challenge, one goes home. Glad Caleb was ok. They need to rethink having these challenges in the intense heat. They don't want anyone to die.

I'm ok with Alecia going home. I thought she was annoying. Sorry Alecia fans!

• Love 12

So any points Kyle got for being nice to Cyndey just went poof. (Damn, I have been calling him Jason all along). Hope him and Scott get their asses handed to them.

I think I am rooting for Tai.

Kyle/Jason (whatever he goes by) will probably get dragged to the end as a goat if he keeps this up.  I don't know if I've ever disliked a group this much so early on.  At least there's Tai.  

• Love 7

So any points Kyle got for being nice to Cyndey just went poof. (Damn, I have been calling him Jason all along). Hope him and Scott get their asses handed to them.

I think I am rooting for Tai.

I can't stand guys like Scott and Kyle. Scott maybe a NBA champion but he's a total looser. I bet Kyle puts the fear of God in his daughters. It's too bad that there is going to be a merge because I would love to see who they would blame for another loss.

• Love 12

Wow. That was intense, 3 people down in one challenge.  Very sad to see Caleb go but I was very happy the Beauty tribe was able to finish second in that challenge. Speaking of which has there ever been a pre-merge tribe that has been edited so positively during the pre-merge? I still can't believe they didn't show them back at camp after the evacuation of Caleb. I am not sure what to make of this edit yet.  The fact that they keep hammering home that the Beauty Gals are aligned tells me they have to be important in the post merge?  Or  are they a red herring?  Tough to tell. Honestly I would be happy if anyone on the Beauty tribe not named Nick ends up winning this game.

• Love 11

That was insane.  I hope the medics or staff made sure everyone at least had a bottle of water for the walk home.  

Poor Caleb.  So sad he had to be medivac'ed, but better safe than sorry.  The editors had a fine ol' time of it, though.  That was some dramatic background music going on.

I'm not a fan of Jason, but I appreciated him looking after Cydney while Jeff and the medic were busy with Caleb.  Cyd remains the only likable person on Brawn.

In the argument between Alecia and the guys, there was no one for me to root for.  She really doesn't do herself any favors when she talks. (Her teeth are distractingly white, though.)  It's hard to believe she spent all those hours making a fire several days earlier within the show's timeline.  But the guys were complete jerks to her. 

• Love 10

Well, that was something, three people go down in one challenge, one goes home. Glad Caleb was ok. They need to rethink having these challenges in the intense heat. They don't want anyone to die.

I'm ok with Alecia going home. I thought she was annoying. Sorry Alecia fans!

Scot and Jason are disgusting bullies and Jason has daughters. Can't wait to see Scott and Jason lose this game

• Love 20

I wonder if the medics had not wasted so much time on Debbie (definitely NOT heat STROKE) and dramatically talking about what they were doing (at jeffs insistence) and had tended to Caleb sooner, would he have been able to recover and stay in the game?

Poor Cydney, the medics ignored her and let bounty hunter care for her.

For a minute I thought they were going to start CPR on Caleb. His non-rebreather mask wasn't moving and there was minimal rise and fall to his chest. Ice in the armpits! Ha

• Love 14

I wonder if the medics had not wasted so much time on Debbie (definitely NOT heat STROKE) and dramatically talking about what they were doing (at jeffs insistence) and had tended to Caleb sooner, would he have been able to recover and stay in the game?

For a minute I thought they were going to start CPR on Caleb. His non-rebreather mask wasn't moving and there was minimal rise and fall to his chest. Ice in the armpits! Ha

Yeah, no joke. Probst is over there stroking Caleb's head, practically having an orgasm and Cydney gets no doc or anyone else but Jason? Do they not have more than 1 doctor? I was more worried about Cydney at that point. I am not a nurse, but I thought that IV stick was really sloppy ( I could be wrong about that though). 

• Love 12

Now our only eyecandy is gone bye bye. Now we have nobody to look at, at all. What a waste. Glad to see that he fully recovered. Poor man. Tai pulled at my heart strings with how he reacted to Caleb being evacuated. He looked like he just lost his bff. I'm sure Caleb will return for another season, may be as soon as next season or maybe an All Star season.

Brawn are just a group of jackasses, I thought Jason might be a little redeemable with how he was with Cydney when she was dehydrated but then turned into a bitch in regards to Alecia. 

I felt so bad for Alecia, they are just straight up bullies to her. She's trying to cheer them on with completing the challenge and Jackass 1 tells her to cheer because that's all she's good at. Wow, talk about team harmony. I'm glad she's gone because she won't be bullied anymore by Jackass 1 and Jackass 2.

• Love 18

My brother and I text sometimes during the show. When they left reward challenge to go back to camp, he texted, "for your reward, you get to live." Right? Ughhhhhhh. When jeff said go rest and rehydrate, I'm thinking, "and try not to die." This was beyond. I cried.

• Love 21

I wasn't a fan of Caleb on BB but I was rooting for him!  I was crying along with Tai.  I agree with everyone on how brutal that was and I can't believe the show allowed that to happen.

I, too, couldn't stand Alecia and I'm glad she's finally gone.  I was wondering who was next to go and then Jeff announced the switch for next week. 

I have been pulled over to Debbie's side.  I just can't help but like her.  She's not as crazy as I thought she'd be and I like that she thinks rationally.

• Love 14

I am so sad to see Caleb go, I didn't like him on BB but did here.  I wanted him to win.  Tai lost his buddy.  Awwww   Tai is so funny,  I still want that kiss from him.  Well, good luck with that but you have a friend.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 10

To be fair here

I think they have medical tell us what's going on - so we know what's going on. (Like  - we already thought things were so freaking-outtingly scary. now imagine the Doctor not explaining anything. 

Second - Debbie did say she was fine (if I remember correctly), but I think under the circumstances, I don't blame them for making sure. 

Caleb's was so scary because he was very quiet and then he just collapsed. I don't think Beauty called out for Jeff (going by the editing) until they were done. We won't know though. 

same with Cydeny. Jason never really called out for anyone, and she was quiet. so it wasn't until Cydeny collapsed and started crying they went into action. 

Brains called for medical right away for Debbie

• Love 11

So Jeff said that Alecia was on the Brawn tribe because she's lippy and likes to talk back?  I'm still trying to figure out how that made any type of sense.  He probably shouldn't have even tried to address that.    (That's a better topic for the Reunion Show....)

• Love 15

I wasn't a fan of Caleb on BB but I was rooting for him!  I was crying along with Tai.  I agree with everyone on how brutal that was and I can't believe the show allowed that to happen.

I, too, couldn't stand Alecia and I'm glad she's finally gone.  I was wondering who was next to go and then Jeff announced the switch for next week. 

I have been pulled over to Debbie's side.  I just can't help but like her.  She's not as crazy as I thought she'd be and I like that she thinks rationally.

I'm glad Alecia is gone too because she's free of those piece of shit cavemen on her tribe. Can't wait to see them lose the game. How dare Alecia get tired of their bullying and stand up to them. Jason has daughters and he treats a woman like that.

So Jeff said that Alecia was on the Brawn tribe because she's lippy and likes to talk back?  I'm still trying to figure out how that made any type of sense.  He probably shouldn't have even tried to address that.    (That's a better topic for the Reunion Show....)

No he said cause she's has a big heart she doesn't give up. How dare she not sit there and let them Bitch at her call her names when she did nothing to deserve it. I bet if she was in Cydenys place at reward those two pieces of crap wouldn't have been concerned

• Love 10

That's the dumbest reason to ever be on Brawn tribe, because she takes no lip. I thought being part of brawn means you have muscles or a job that requires heavy lifting or sports related job. So Alecia is on brawn because she grew up around boxing or something and takes no smack from people. Ok, whatever. She needed to be placed on Beauty, not Brawn. Don't buy that excuse as her reasoning for being on Brawn.

• Love 8

I went back and re-watched this scene again to satisfy myself I was right.  For God's sake, there was an ER doctor right there among them and he did nothing, not a damn thing.  He was never even seen in any of the shots of the others worried faces and anxious words.  Where the hell did he go?  I realize he is not there as a 'doctor' but as a contestant but to my mind any doctor anywhere would have jumped in to help in any way he could.  Hell, a nurses aide would have sprung into action in a crisis like they were having.  I did not like Peter before this, I have a serious hate on for him now.  Totally irresponsible in my opinion.

There is something in their contracts that they can't help a fellow castaway if they are a health care professional is what I heard

• Love 5

Caleb reminded me of Joe a bit with the sudden collapse. They mentioned his BP which was high and maybe his temp. I wasn't really taking it in because I was just worried especially with his team crying and him unresponsive. I wonder if the doc was thinking he could go into cardiac arrest. I don't know?

I do hope Caleb comes back, but maybe with a team where he doesn't have to shoulder so much of the physical tasks.

• Love 4

I don't watch Big Brother, so this was my first experience with Caleb.  I thought him easy going and affable.  Given that he was stationed in the Middle East, he was the last guy I expected to be taken out by the heat.  So sad!

• Love 8

I could have sworn that Neil was the one standing over and fanning Debbie and saying he was going to call the medic but she said that Joe was the one who did.

I find Debbie annoying. I find Alecia annoying. I find Jason annoying. It's not mutually exclusive, that one person is an asshole to another one so I can't hate them both.

Debbie's bathing suit is the WORST. And for cod's sack, can we give Tai and Scot some shorts? I really don't need to know that much about them.

As much as I adored Caleb and he was the LAST person I wanted evac'd, and I thought that's why I liked Beauty so much, I was still rooting for Beauty during the IC. Weird.

If I get sick and stop breathing, I want Medic Joe to take care of me.

• Love 11

Did I imagine it or did I see Neil, who sat out of the challenge, sitting under an umbrella while Caleb and Cydney were trying not to die? Maybe give that umbrella up and help.

That umbrella was given to hold over Debbie and I guess Neil just sat under it so he won't suffer next, but would have been nice of him to send it over to either Cydney or Caleb while they are out in the sun getting water poured on them. They needed the shade more than Neil did.

• Love 3

Remember when Bobby Jon's eyes rolled back in his head from dehydration? The woman who helped him was a nurse, right?  Maybe the rules have changed, but it sure seems odd for medical pros to just sit there.

I think the three who fell out, Debbie, Cydney and Caleb seemed like the ones with the least body fat.  We see that type have the most trouble enduing extremes of cold and hunger, too.  A little bit of fat can be useful.

• Love 9
I don't like Jason, but I have to give him full props for immediately stepping up and taking care of Cyndey. He put gameplay and feelings aside.

I give him no props.  If it was Alecia suffering like that, he'd have done nothing to help her.  He's just plain nasty.

You are right. Scott wouldn't have helped her either. I hate both of them with a passion.

It would be interesting to know if Peter was forbidden by contract to render aid. I would think that in this type of situation though that he could at least be pouring water over one of them, or saying "hey, I am a Doctor, I can help". Now maybe he did and we just didn't see it. But he also strikes me as a complete narcissist so I don't know if he would even consider it.

• Love 4

Well that was intense... you never realize how many people are out in the trees with assorted gear until Jeff gives an 'All hands (except the trained hands of the ER doc of course...) on deck!" Order. There really should have been a mandated break after maybe 15 minutes of digging so it didn't come down to watching who was going to fall down first/next. That challenge just wasn't right, knowing it's possible that bad luck could have them in the sand for a very long time was too big a gamble to take without any built in precautions. And all for a wok and some salt and pepper. *shakes head* I dunno... I feel they made the wrong call here in the name of "good tv".

Caleb will be back, I'm sure. But seeing him almost catatonic and Cydney crying and shaking and shuddering, man, what a mess.

At least we didn't have to expend any more emotion on the most forgone conclusion of a tribal ever.

• Love 8

Agreed. The kicker for me was when they were voting and Scott said, "I hope you watch this again and again and realize we were trying to help you."  GAG.  This is a classic mean girls move - they snub/tease/freeze out/otherwise torment another girl and then claim it's the victim's fault, they were "just trying to help." Total BS. Calling you "blondie" instead of her name...barking at her for just trying to be encouraging....generally treating her like crap - yeah, really "helpful."

These guys seriously remind me of Dan.  Wasn't that his whole line, that he was just trying to help?  I hope this gets addressed at the reunion.  Maybe that's the real reason this season got pushed back a year-they didn't want back to back seasons where they had to address sexist assholes.

I wanted to like Scot, but after tonight, that's gone.  He's as bad as Jason.  Where do they find these people?  *sigh*  Tai, Julia, Joe, Aubry...that's about it in terms of people I'm rooting for.

• Love 13

Agreed. The kicker for me was when they were voting and Scott said, "I hope you watch this again and again and realize we were trying to help you."  GAG.  This is a classic mean girls move - they snub/tease/freeze out/otherwise torment another girl and then claim it's the victim's fault, they were "just trying to help." Total BS. Calling you "blondie" instead of her name...barking at her for just trying to be encouraging....generally treating her like crap - yeah, really "helpful."

When he said that, Fatty's sidekick didn't probably count on them being edited as bullies.

Anyways, the NBA guy and Jason are complete dicks, that's my main bulletin point here.  Alecia didn't deserve that.  I believe that these men, Jason especially, decided that they 'hated' Alecia for some sick, unknown reason from jump and were never going to waver from that opinion no matter what.  I've seen it happen in real life before.  That must have been HELL out there for her.  I truly do believe her words that she is a Survivor and that she really is the type of person who never gives up.  Mental Giant indeed.  Now I get what she was trying to say.  I'll try and stop myself from outlining what I hope happens to these men after this horrid showing

I think it's because she didn't fit the "brawn" type. Wasn't that their big beef once they saw her? "You don't belong here." They saw a skinny blonde and they saw a weakling. 

If you ask me, no one among them really fits the real brawn type anyway. The best bounty hunter from Detroit and a former NBA player couldn't do jack shit on any of the challenges that have favored their so-called strength so far. It's not like the challenges have been for Mensa types only.

• Love 12

Wow... this episode was uncomfortable to watch.  First, the reward challenge that almost killed several contestants was irresponsible on the part of the producers.  I mean, come on.  Who thought that was a good idea?  I was scared for all of them.  The three who went down looked like hell, obviously, but even the contestants who didn't get medical attention seemed exhausted and dangerously unhealthy.  That was not pleasant to watch.

Then, the vote-off was very disappointing.  I'm no Alecia fan, but seeing those two jackasses so smug and bullying her was super unpleasant. She was right that Scot was a condescending jerk towards her at the challenge, and his genius response when being called out is "I'm a former NBA champ".  Huh?  Like that has anything to do with not being a dick?!  I wish it was him and Jason who got pulled from the game.  If karma has anything to say about it, they will be out of the game soon one way or another.

Edited by me5671
  • Love 14

Jason is still a jerk. Scot, I hope you change when you get away from him.

I am starting to think Scot is worse than Jason. At least he said "I don't want to be an ahole" after he told Alecia to STFU and dig. He let her know that it was the exhaustion talking. I was also impressed with the way he helped Cydney.

Scot was a total douchebag. Also, he bragged about being an "NBA Champion" when he didn't play at all after February and didn't play a minute in the playoffs and scored a total of 39 points for the entire season for the 2007-08 Celtics. The ball boys contributed more to the championship than he did.

I can see why he was unpopular with coaches and teammates.

I can't wait until Scot gets separated from Jason and the idol he foolishly helped him get.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 19

I think Debbie got help faster because Peter the ER doc saw she was heading for trouble and alerted med team before she became critical. The other two, people were trying to help and only called for help when things got bad.

Now, getting back to the challenge. I think TPTB should institute a rule that after say 30 mins in a hot climac all contestants need to stop, hydrate, cool down and then Re-start the challenge.

• Love 8

I wonder if they expected the challenge to end a lot faster than it did, and that's why the heat got so bad for people?

I was rooting for Alecia. I've never wanted a person to find a hidden immunity idol more, even though I know the guys already found it. She did seem a little ditzy, but they seemed to be being really cruel for no reason.

• Love 7