Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: 6 Months Later

• Start Topic

JaggedLilPill, FYI has been promoting Bride and Prejudice, and ptv has a forum for it.

Looks like there will be lots to discuss. Premieres Tuesday, March 15 @ 9p ET

http://www.fyi.tv/shows/bride-and-prejudice

I saw the preview for Bride & prejudice too. After this janky season of MAFS I think I need a show where couples actually want to stay together. Even the magic happy dust Dr. Pepper was trying to blow all over the place couldn't put these couples in a good light. Gawd she was laying it on thick the whole show.

All I could think when I saw Vanessa was please don't cry...please don't cry....aww, then she was crying which started me crying in my Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Love that girl and love how she was the only one who really tried to make a home. She paid a high price and got hurt. It really was hard seeing her cry.

Tres is a playa. He wasn't ready for marriage. He was testing how it felt to play house but truly wasn't ready.

Sam said she still wears her ring but during their "friendship" brunch she wasn't wearing it. So yeah, it's all a big act. Ain't nothin' there between her and Neil but a very guarded acquaintance.

@Neil_mafs #callme. We can divide by zero together! I'm still crushing on him, haha. Too bad I'm way over in California. :(

Ashley was sooooo cold. Brrrrrr, icicles were forming on my TV. The sky darkened. I had to turn on my heater.

David was trying to stay with it but it was pretty obvious he's already so over this. It seemed at times he had to dig deep to even recall some of the stuff that went on during the show, lol.

Another 0/3 season. So sad.

• Love 11
(edited)

And those horrible patterned hose with that leather(ette?) skirt?! Was there no one to tell her she looked like a clown?

Body language was everything with Neil and Sam when talking to Dr. Pepper. Neil sat feet and knees forward, hands together protecting his crotchal region. Sam had her hands crossed and folded, and her legs crossed with her knees pointing away from Neil and toward Dr. Pepper. She also had her shoulders and body turned away from Neil. Nope, nothing good is going to happen there.

I also noticed when they played the clips of Neil and Sam's relationship, and they played the clip of Neil saying he wants a divorce - this time he said, "Well, I want to get a divorce" instead of what we heard last time, "I'm committed to...divorce."

Yes! I said at the time that there was a hiccup -- a tangible sign of selective editing -- when Neil was shown saying he was "committed" to a divorce.

I also noticed that Neil said that on Decision Day, each participant had a one-on-one interview with the experts to give them his/her decision. So that means, the decisions are not sprung on the experts and they must choose the order of who goes first for maximum melodrama. So, for example, for all of Peppers empathy for Sam tonight, she knew very well on Decision Day that they were setting up Sam for news of Neil's rejection.

Poor Vanessa. I think she was played big time. If Tres initiated the end of sexual intimacy, there is no question in my mind that he was cheating. No question at all.

However, Vanessa, sweetheart, you looked gorgeous at that reconciliation-lunch. I'd say she lost about 5-7 lbs which left her jaw chiseled and her beautiful collarbone prominent. As she walked into the restaurant, her waist, hips and legs looked perfect. Beautiful, inside and out. Don't look back!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 9

De-lurking to say, this show really bums me out. All the interviews. All the data and testing. And they weren't able to find 6 people out of apparently hundreds (thousands?) who were interested in getting matched, who wanted to stay married. Bullcrap. Hey producers-- watching real people fall in love is entertaining too! 

Marriage is hard, but guess what-- DATING is hard too! Getting to know someone, finding common interests and maintaining that relationship through the early bumps. This show is not a throw back to historical arranged marriages, it's a variation (if not perversion) of modern romance. Swipe left and swipe right. We all want to skip to the end and just enjoy the good stuff-- in this case, the happily ever after. MAFS does that for the singles. The results? Clearly not great.  

• Love 5

My heart broke for Vanessa.  I felt like she was truly hurt.  I really hope she finds a nice man in Atlanta who is ready to settle down.  She would make a great wife with the right guy.

Of course, perhaps she could take the baton from Monet and do Black Love, the Atlanta version.

• Love 8

So after three seasons, the show is batting .222 (or 22%) in successful pairings (and that is counting Doug and Jamie which is questionable at best).  That's a lousy batting average and a lousy percentage comparing it to general divorce rates.  The premise is that these people are giving 'experts' the trust in matching spouses because they cannot seem to do it for themselves is proving to be extremely flawed.  I would think that if they just randomly matched applicants they could come up with 1 or 2 out of 9 couples.

And as far as Ashley is concerned, don't you get the sense that even the show in general hates her?  Snarklepuss beat me to the punch in noticing that she awkwardly showed no affection of emotion when leaving her one on one and being the only person not hugging Dr, Pepper....and something tells me that Dr. Pepper wasn't exactly hurt by that.  I truly believe that the producers and the show got two different Ashley's in the interview/casting process and the 'real' person who showed up.  I'm glad that David finally saw through this shrew and realized that she never gave him a chance from the first moment she laid eyes on him.

With Tres and Vanessa....I was not shocked at all that they called it quits.  This was clearly brewing for quite some time and I'm not sure that either is at 'fault'  I still stand behind that Vanessa is way to over-critical and is waiting for a man to fail her and that Tres was clearly not ready to be married.  They couldn't even look at each other that much when talking to each other (especially Vanessa) during the apology (and that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine...if you have something to say, say it directly to that person and LOOK at them).  And dinner was completely forced.

Sam and Neil...who knows here....just such an odd odd odd couple and how they interact with people.  I will give Sam the benefit of the doubt here as I would really like to believe that she was horrified on how she acted during the first few weeks.  Does this mean she has completely changed as she claims?  Hell no....it just doesn't happen that quickly.  But maybe its a start.

• Love 7

With Tres and Vanessa....I was not shocked at all that they called it quits. This was clearly brewing for quite some time and I'm not sure that either is at 'fault' I still stand behind that Vanessa is way to over-critical and is waiting for a man to fail her and that Tres was clearly not ready to be married. They couldn't even look at each other that much when talking to each other (especially Vanessa) during the apology (and that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine...if you have something to say, say it directly to that person and LOOK at them). And dinner was completely forced.

I felt bad for them both, because I think they were both hurt. Vanessa was heartbroken. I do think she pushed Tres to prove that he was ready, and a part of that is that she could sense he wasn't. And I don't think he was, even if he wanted to be. It's a shame - they're both good people, just wrong for each other.

Sam and Neil ... meh. If this was a wake-up call for Sam, good. She needed one. Stay away, Neil.

Ashley looked ridiculous. Caked-on makeup - I could literally see it caked on. Not flattering at all - neither the makeup nor her behavior.

I mean ... they should really wrap this up, but if the ratings are strong, they won't.

• Love 7

A boring end to a boring season! Sorry, Dr. Pepper but Kevin Frazier needed to be there!

This finale should have been done like the other finales. Kevin Frazier, all the experts and ask some good questions!!! How many nights did you really stay in that house together? 

They should have made Ashley and David sit together and they should have spoken to Vanessa and Tres alone, and make the announcement together. 

There are no words for Ashley or her appearance. I hope she never gets 15 seconds of fame.

• Love 8

I agree that the "6 months later" show was very dissatisfying. The couples all needed to be in the same room, and able to talk to each other. Someone needed to say to Ashley "hey, that Facebook thing was at Week 4, what's your excuse for the first month??" Someone needed to say to Sam "hey it's great you've acknowledged your shittiness to Neil, has Sammi forgiven you and are you two all in luuuuuuuuuuuuuuv now? BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SUGAR GLIDERS???"

Also, I'm not sure I (or anyone else) ever said it, but I loved Neil's "Big Spoon" and "Little Spoon" onesies for the wedding night. What a great, quirky, funny way to take the pressure off of a really awkward/surreal experience. I would have laughed like crazy!

• Love 6

As I watched Ashley talking once again about David's "cheating" it sickened me. This woman has taken no responsibility for her lack of involvement in her own marriage.

I can see clearly, this was. It a "date" it was a clear attempt to talk to someone he thought knew Ashely to try to get some grip on how to del with her coldness,

She made up her mind when she saw him that it was a. I go.

It was laughable when she said she would have stuck up for herself more because she was trying not to hurt David's feelings.Really?loke when she couldn't think of 3 things nice to say about him?

David has had issues but he thought she would at least participate in interacting with him rather than looking like a prisoner condemned to death

Well, it all has been documented. The sad thing is people like her who use and toss away wind up getting their wishes come true. She should have been on Bridezillas rather than this show. Well, now that she is divorcing maybe she still can.

• Love 10

Ashley... her makeup job was baaaaaad. I hope David knows by now how lucky he is to have escaped. Not a nice person.

Not at all surprised by Vanessa and Tres. She wore me out with her mopey faces and Tres was not ready for marriage. I think they are both very nice people who do not belong together.

Sam and Neil- I still can't figure them out but I think she is genuinely sorry for her bullshit. I don't think she is a narcissist as they are incapable of empathy and self-reflection from what I understand.

• Love 3

Also, I'm not sure I (or anyone else) ever said it, but I loved Neil's "Big Spoon" and "Little Spoon" onesies for the wedding night. What a great, quirky, funny way to take the pressure off of a really awkward/surreal experience. I would have laughed like crazy!

I did! When the episode aired originally I posted exactly what you just said! I thought it was hilarious and I, too would have laughed my head off. I love Neil. I think he's an interesting guy, who quickly saw what was happening and refused to play into production's hands. He wouldn't be prodded into an unguarded remark or snarky observation.  That cannot have been easy. I hope he is getting some serious female attention.

• Love 7

Tres stopped being intimate so that they could "focus on their friendship." Riiiiiiigggght.

As far as Sam goes, I know many are skeptical that's she's truly changed. Perhaps she hasn't but I think she is trying in her own way and I hope find myself hoping she finds happiness.

• Love 5

This Bride and Prejudice show looks so so so scripted. They had the premise, then searched around for couples who had a family that disapproved based on race, religion and sexual orientation. They had to find a family that was willing to air its prejudices on TV- and over and over again. And willing to reenact the whole thing. I mean how did they find these people? I am certain 100 families said No fucking way! You have famewhores, plus racists, plus phoniness, plus scripts to read to make a dramatic scene. It is really going to be too fake for me. Good luck.

• Love 6

Disappointed in Dr. Pepper for not calling Assley out on her bullshit. Assley did not take responsibility for one single bit of the demise of the marriage. She didn't even want David in the same room with her. And for some reason that was ok, even though the other couples got together on the couch to talk to Pepper? Why does she get a pass? 

I hope David is having a great time dating his ass off!!  

• Love 14

I agree that the "6 months later" show was very dissatisfying. The couples all needed to be in the same room, and able to talk to each other. Someone needed to say to Ashley "hey, that Facebook thing was at Week 4, what's your excuse for the first month??" Someone needed to say to Sam "hey it's great you've acknowledged your shittiness to Neil, has Sammi forgiven you and are you two all in luuuuuuuuuuuuuuv now? BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SUGAR GLIDERS???"

Exactly!!!!!  Ask some hard questions. We want answers!

Vanessa/Tres-When did you break up? The day after the six weeks was over or five months later?

Ashley: You didn’t like David from the first second. Why not try to be friends with him?

• Love 7

I watch this show basically for a good laugh when the marriages implode and this season didn't disappoint. I was happy to see Neil reject her in the end, it was the best part of the whole show because she originally judged him to be a nerd despite Sam's lackluster looks. I am a person with physical handicaps and I walk with a limp and yet I never needed such a show to meet a girlfriend or wife so a show like this to me doesn't make sense. The "pros" who connect these people are not very good at what they do, unless the goal is to pair people together that will self-destruct, then they're doing a great job!!! I can't wait for the next season of heartache!!!!

• Love 4

Disappointed in Dr. Pepper for not calling Assley out on her bullshit. Assley did not take responsibility for one single bit of the demise of the marriage. She didn't even want David in the same room with her. And for some reason that was ok, even though the other couples got together on the couch to talk to Pepper? Why does she get a pass?

I hope David is having a great time dating his ass off!!

Ita. The experts repeatedly accused Davina of not trying in Season 2, even though she was paired with a guy who spent a bulk of his time in another state. Yet, Ashley was asked whether David could've done anything to make her feel more comfortable. The experts coddled Asey the whole time, even advising David to coddle her too. Smh.

• Love 9
(edited)

Drag Ashley and her vampy outfit out there with David. I don't care if she didn't want to be in the same room with him.

Have Kevin Frazier grill her!!!

Kevin is there for us watchers and we don't need any more Dr. Pepper visits. We've seen them. I swear the after show thing with Jamie got more info than this reunion show. UGH.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 5

Well, that sucked.  No real "reunion", just some sad sack updates.

I said this in another thread or two but the experts really failed.  Criminally so.  You can't match two people up, lead them to the altar and then disappear and expect everything to be peachy.  Heck, these couples weren't even told WHY they were matched.  Don't you think that might have helped?  I don't think there was any saving Ashley but anyone else might have appreciated knowing that David, having lost his father 20 or so years ago, wanted to be a strong, committed man and husband.  Anyway, the couples needed guidance and counseling from the wedding reception onward.  And not those quickie little 5 minutes of "David, you need to really TRY with Ashley," while being given a fishbowl of (sometimes ridiculous/sometimes inappropriate) questions.

As soon as Tres confirmed he pulled the plug on the physical relationship with Vanessa I knew he was boning (TM all the Vanderpump Rules chucklefucks) someone else.  No healthy young man with an equally healthy, attractive and young wife would turn away from having sex with her unless he's getting it elsewhere.  Period.  Maybe Vanessa's instincts on Tres' female bestie were correct.

I hope that Sam and Neil are both in a good place.  The show definitely played hard and fast with the suggestion that one couple had rekindled their romance because . . . yeah, no. 

I'm not familiar with Georgia law but it seems to me that Sam and Neil and David and Ashley could get an annulment, versus a divorce, since the marriages weren't consummated. 

• Love 8

David did look better. I am sure all 3 guys are getting a lot of action.....the women not so much. Unless a lucky "fluke" like Jason and Courtney the women can look pretty sad. The 3 from season 2 are still grasping for a bit of attention. All these women should put this behind them and move on. While many hate her I think Ashley was true  to herself....she would be best advised to leave social media and move along

Disappointed? Yup ...but I will watch the new show - 1st season always best "virgin" "unspoiled"....Bride and Prejudice

Will  I watch season 4 MAFS.....sure....bit of fast forward. Miami is sure to be some crazy fame ho's.....I fully expect to see a swimsuit model or  two - male or female or both.....I expect to see at least one  Latin story line - maybe Latin lover guy with a disapproving family?

I'll be disappointed if MAFS Miami doesn't have even one Hispanic couple.

David has explained why he was carrying some extra weight during his disastrous 6 week "marriage" to Ashley: because of a foot/ankle injury, he hadn't been able to work out for a while.

Now, I notice, he has not only shaved the beard - he's lost that belly flab, too.

• Love 1

How many winners of the Bachelor or any dating show last?

There is a huge difference between getting engaged and actually getting married, especially since they aren't allowed to get an annulment.  Way too much at stake. 

• Love 3

Can anyone on Twitter please ask @FYI why Kevin Frazier wasn't hosting the reunion?

I know they were probably too cheap.

Now, I notice, he has not only shaved the beard - he's lost that belly flab, too.

Sadly I really didn't think he looked like he lost any weight.

• Love 1

I never saw that Tres was truly into Vanessa. From day 1 he would have this look on his face after she kissed him or said something to him that showed he was checked out. Then he was able to play the sympathy card because of how insecure Vanessa was acting. He was never going to stay with her off-camera IMO.

• Love 8

that was the lamest 'reunion' i have ever seen.

I still think Sam and Neil would be great together.

Tres stopped being intimate and says it was just him wanting to work on their friendship.  OUCH!

• Love 1

Can anyone on Twitter please ask @FYI why Kevin Frazier wasn't hosting the reunion?

I know they were probably too cheap.

Sadly I really didn't think he looked like he lost any weight.

I tweeted to Kevin a few weeks ago asking him if he was hosting and no answer back.  I think the show did not want the same format as last year so they could control the editing more.  Also, Dr. Pepper is too nice and did not hold their feet to the fire like Kevin did last year.

• Love 3

There is a huge difference between getting engaged and actually getting married, especially since they aren't allowed to get an annulment. Way too much at stake.

in America and on a reality show...no it isn't. We don't have to sit here and pretend that their life is upended that much by this process.
(edited)

*Chandler Bing voice* -- "Could Ashley BE wearing any more makeup?!"

Hahhaah! love the Bing reference. I think Ashley went to several Mac and Sephora counters and said "I would like to keep the make up I have on but could you heavily add to it?". That red lipstick is not a good look on someone with such thin lips. Who am I kidding? NONE of it was a good look! And I wouldn't pick on her if she was a decent person, but she isn't so IDGAF!

Edited by Leanne
  • Love 12

*Chandler Bing voice* -- "Could Ashley BE wearing any more makeup?!"

The phrase, "she set her make-up gun to 'whore'" was made for Ashley's look at the reunion.  She must have set her closet to whore, too.

She made some terrible choices for the reunion in an effort to look hot.  I would feel bad that she messed it up so badly, but then I remember she couldn't move herself to even be marginally conversational and friendly and wouldn't even open her mouth to name a favorite color when David asked in an effort to get to know her...and I don't feel bad in the least.

• Love 9

Also, Dr. Pepper is too nice and did not hold their feet to the fire like Kevin did last year.

Their feet needed to be held to the fire!

Ashley's horrible makeup and stockings were her last ditch effort to get noticed. I thought Vanessa looked lovely!

• Love 7

I would venture to guess that the reason Pepper didn't ask Ashley harder questions, and because David wasn't present with her, is because Ashley threatened not to come if they did.  Dr. Pepper danced around the topic, but she did ask one hard question, can't remember which one, and you could literally see Ashley stiffen.  Wouldn't surprise me if she got up and left the room. 

Ashley really plastered on the makeup, but what about Dr. P's dye job?  Jeepers that was some extremely blonde hair.

• Love 5

There's an old saying, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" and this applies here.

I watched the second season and thought it was a fluke to be that bad. Watched this year through the wedding and thought WTF so I quit watching but followed your comments here.

I didn't think a TV show could be more insipid than the Bachelor series but I was wrong. This show is 100 unadulterated drivel.

To those of you who are going to watch season 4 if there is one I admire your tenacity and high threshold for pain.

For those of you like me that have better things to watch on TV kudos' to you.

• Love 4

Neil handled the whole sorry episode with Sam with a lot of class and maturity. He's not into Sam and yet he credits her with changing and growing and is willing to stay friends with her in the future. That's something I wouldn't be able to do. She regrets her actions now and professes her "love" for Neil and how sorry she is for the way she treated him the first three weeks. Sam, you blew it by being unkind and uncouth. You had a winner and it could have been great but you blew it. Neil, sorry you're dealing with the aftermath of Sam and her crazy feelings that are all over the place. She wants what she can't have. It's too late for that.

• Love 7
(edited)

I felt sorry for Vanessa and Tres but admire him for stopping sex when he realized he was no longer in the marriage for the long haul. Whether or not he was getting some on the side, it would have been unkind to lead Vanessa on. (And perhaps unsafe, depending on their condom usage.)

Anyway, I thought they both gave it a sincere try, even though Tres threw in the towel first. He was initially like, "Hey, I'm up for anything!" and was open to falling in love, but Vanessa was too much of a chronic sadsack with her me/me/me, trust/trust/trust daddy issues. I thought she ended up being far less prepared for an arranged marriage than Tres, to be honest. She needs to develop her self respect and independence instead of piling all that baggage onto some guy and expect him to make her whole.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 7

And those horrible patterned hose with that leather(ette?) skirt?!  Was there no one to tell her she looked like a clown?

I'd say Ashley looked like a hooker who caters exclusively to clowns.

• Love 16

I'd say Ashley looked like a hooker who caters exclusively to clowns.

I dont know if they would want her. Clown makeup and clothing is always of a certain type, like sad, silly, happy, contemplative. I don't know if there is a type that says Mute Evil Bitch That Says Uuuummmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • Love 7

A boring end to a boring season! Sorry, Dr. Pepper but Kevin Frazier needed to be there!

Kevin Frazier had that awesome habit of just talking from the perspective of a married guy, I'm confident he would have pointed out Ashley's treatment of David pre-text. What a letdown.

If the show continued to provide housing for couples in the 6 month break and counseling maybe that would help future couples if the show continues. Maybe if Tres and Vanessa had counseling it would have lasted a bit longer. But then again the show doesn't want the ending spoiled so maybe they can't be together too much? Also perhaps lengthen however long the prenup is, perhaps make it a year if that's possible? If you are unsure about someone feelings wise, the finance stuff has to end up tipping the scale to breakup.

• Love 6

Kevin Frazier had that awesome habit of just talking from the perspective of a married guy, I'm confident he would have pointed out Ashley's treatment of David pre-text. What a letdown.

Oh, of course. Kevin was great because he was a 3rd party and wasn't involved with them during the show. 

We would have had so much more info if he had been there.

• Love 6

I think we're all pretty much on the same page.  I'm not saying I'd be attracted to Neil myself, but Sam was downright cruel and that was uncalled for.  She knew she had to turn it around and did everything but throw herself at his feet at the end.  Neil was smart enough to know that nobody changes that much in that short of time and it was not real.  

I feel bad for David, but at the same time he needed to learn to PAY ATTENTION TO HER BEHAVIOR.  It wasn't shyness.  It was rudeness.  She was a frigid bitch who couldn't care less how he felt.  That makeup job was a joke.  She looked like a trashy clown.  The more kind and patient he was, the more he explained away her behavior, the more blatant she became.  She could not stand even to look at him.  He just wanted to be loved. I totally believe his feelings that he was trying to find out what makes her tick and get her friends on his side to talk to her.  But someone had to start trouble and Ashley fairly LEAPED at the chance to grab on to that and turn it into "cheating" on her.  Uh, how can you cheat if there is no relationship?  She cut him off at every turn and let him know she was not interested. She PUSHED him away.  He was trying to save face and find some semblance of his manhood!  I only hope that this haunts her future career and it becomes well known what an uncaring nurse she will be.  She would do best behind a desk.

Aw, Tres.  Why'd ya do it?  Vanessa was everything you could ever hope for.  You did exactly what she was afraid of.  With the exposure on that show she will have all kinds of quality men trying to talk to her.  She is the cream of the crop and you will be crying into your beer when she marries someone else.  Even if you change your mind, I would never trust you to not do it as a pattern.  I'm dying to see where all these people are in a year.

• Love 7

I think this show needs to be called something else and have a slower premise.  Match the couples up, pronounce them engaged.  Move them in to a 2 bedroom place, tell them they have 3 months to decide to get married or not.  Finale will be the wedding day for those who say yes.  The couples can decide separate bedrooms, or one bedroom, and that can change in weekly decisions.  

Does anyone else think the reunion show was changed because of the season 2 fiasco? Wasn't there issues backstage with season 2?

I'm guessing Ashley couldn't be in the same room with David because she thought she would get confronted about her family's social media presence?

The question she objected to from  Pepper was the question regarding the fact that she never gave David one single chance after the first 5 minutes she saw him.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 8

I find it ironic that Ashley didn't want any association with those male dancers at her bachelorette party, yet, she dressed like a stripper for the finale.

I feel bad for Vanessa, but I'm one of those who could see how she was in her own way. I hope she finds someone who really loves her. She'll make a lovely wife, but this show was just the last place she should have ever looked.

I like Tres, but I think he was "all in" on a temporary basis, with a nothing-to-lose attitude and a timer in his pocket set for 6 weeks. The reality was he got matched with a hopelessly devoted insecure woman who was "all in" with conditional "don't hurt me" eggshells sprinkled all over the place. Shame on you Tres, you should have applied for a dating show instead, where the women don't mind being someone's temp.

Never thought I'd end up with more empathy for Sam than Ashley. Sam has no regard for others, though she believes she does. Does Ashley even have a soul?

Neil was a gentleman, who safeguarded himself in an unsafe environment with Sam's mean behavior on one end, production and experts scripting his every move on the other, and oh, let's not forget about the cameras and the roommate.

This show should be called Miserable At First Sight.

• Love 11

I felt sorry for Vanessa and Tres but admire him for stopping sex when he realized he was no longer in the marriage for the long haul. Whether or not he was getting some on the side, it would have been unkind to lead Vanessa on. (And perhaps unsafe, depending on their condom usage.)

I would admire Tres for stopping sex if he also gave her the respect and courtesy of telling her at the same time that he was no longer interested in the marriage instead of keeping that from her and agreeing to continue it past the 6 week mark.  That in and of itself is what lead her on.  I have been chanting over and over again that Tres also has communication issues but a lot of people didn't believe me.  Well, there's your proof.  Plus, I am of the belief that he mislead her knowingly because how could he not know he was checked out if he didn't even want to have sex with her?  Asshole.

• Love 5
Anyway, I thought they both gave it a sincere try, even though Tres threw in the towel first. He was initially like, "Hey, I'm up for anything!" and was open to falling in love, but Vanessa was too much of a chronic sadsack with her me/me/me, trust/trust/trust daddy issues. I thought she ended up being far less prepared for an arranged marriage than Tres, to be honest. She needs to develop her self respect and independence instead of piling all that baggage onto some guy and expect him to make her whole.

I don't agree - I think Vanessa said it all in her interview with "The Knot" that some of her looking very insecure on screen was in response to Tres just dropping her sexually without explanation.  That would make any woman look like the poster child for insecurity.  I also think that issue should have been more clearly addressed on the show because it made Vanessa look like she was the one with the problem when she was actually reacting in an understandable way under the circumstances.  They allowed Tres to look much better by not exposing why he did it.  Then they let him tell Dr. Pepper it was "so he could concentrate on the friendship".  Bullshit.

I think Vanessa is the total package.  She is gorgeous, a positive person, polite and raised right.  When she meets a guy who will fall in love with her I think there is no way in hell she will act all insecure around him.  I think she has good instincts and should trust her gut in the future.  And I think Tres is a total child and totally unprepared for marriage.  He doesn't have a clue what he wants and is nowhere near ready to settle down.  He clearly wants his freedom to play around for at least a few more years before he gets married.  JMHO.

• Love 8

I'm not ready to crucify Tres over these new revelations. I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that he was just stringing her along the whole time. I think he went into this with sincerity and he genuinely hoped his feelings for her would grow and develop into something more, but they never did and he didn't know how to get out. Yes, he handled it badly and should have just been honest with her at the end of the six weeks. But he is still not comparable to Ashley, who decided from day one it was over and never put any effort into the experiment whatsoever.

• Love 6

I'm not ready to crucify Tres over these new revelations. I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that he was just stringing her along the whole time. I think he went into this with sincerity and he genuinely hoped his feelings for her would grow and develop into something more, but they never did and he didn't know how to get out. Yes, he handled it badly and should have just been honest with her at the end of the six weeks. But he is still not comparable to Ashley, who decided from day one it was over and never put any effort into the experiment whatsoever.

I totally agree with this.  I don't believe any of these folks were ready for marriage.  I think Vanessa and David came off too needy.  Sometimes people want marriage or a relationship so badly because they don't want to face other shit in their lives.  They think marriage will fix them.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

One thing that struck me was during Sam and Neil's part- the flashback to their wedding... Neil looked like a totally different person!! He was so lively, had a personality, smiled a lot. His whole face lit up. Even on the wedding night when he put on the big spoon onesie he was full of personality, looked happy. After a week with Sam he totally changed.  He was emotionless, closed off, timid. He hardly ever smiled.  He seemed  beat down, was walking on eggshells, looked like Sam had sucked the life out of him. I can't  believe the experts glossed over Sam's abuse.  Dr Pepper is such a fraud. Smiling acting so happy that Sam has "changed" Sam hasn't changed, she's totally fake!! She just saw that she looked like a deranged asshole on tv and wants to save face.  Sam makes everything about her. She never apologized to Neil for how she treated him. If he wasn't acting so indifferent toward her she wouldn't be waving this so-called redemption arc in his face. If Neil was into her she would be treating him just as she did the first four weeks of the experiment.  Dr Pepper seemed overjoyed like it was such a huge accomplishment that Neil and Sam were trying to be friends. Hello! As someone else pointed out this show isn't called Friends at First sight. These people are supposed to be married and see if it works out. This pairing did not work!! Accept it. These two haven't even really kissed. They never had sex in six months! Very basic things that couples who are not even married do all the time! Neil isn't into Sam. He will never forget how she treated him because it really was that brutal.

Ashley looked ridiculous. She still wants to be a nurse? So someone in a hospital somewhere will watch her on tv and think wow that Trashbag is my nurse? She is another with no self awareness.  Vanessa and Tres.. I don't think Tres ever wanted to be married. Not that he's a bad guy but he was recruited for this show.. he didn't sign up on his own accord. Vanessa was right to have doubts about him. What I don't understand is how with so many applicants they could not come up with six people who actually were interested in marriage. I could find six people in the area I live in who were more interested in marriage (and more ready for it) than Sam, Ashley, and Tres. These "experts" suck. 

• Love 16