Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Good Man

AmandaPanda

This episode not as funny as last week but still funny. But it explained how Fran can deal with Hannah, he has been living with his roommate for a while. Also Hannah, you don't tell crazy people they are crzy you smile at them to keep them okay.

• Love 2

I hated the opening scene with more of Lena's repulsive, gratuitous nudity but I'm glad I stuck around for the very funny scenes w/ Hannah and her dad. And Elijah and the studly news anchor. 

Hated the dialogue in Ray's cafe scene and Adam and Jessa make sense but Jessa is such an empty character. I don't know her motivations for anything other than instant gratification so I don't care about her.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 5

Jessa is the worst. At this point I honestly find no redeemable quality's about her. The fact that she doesn't even acknowledge her part in the ending of Adam and Hannah's relationship is just ridiculous. <br /><br />Ray is still my favorite person on this show. I wish he had his own spin off. Also I am happy for Elijah possibly getting a boyfriend. <br /><br />

• Love 2

Jessa is an addict with little impulse control or the ability to observe boundaries.

She conspired to break Hannah and Adam up (not directly but it was a side effect of her scheming to get another man).

Now she's going to twist the knife by boning Adam, who's not too swell either.

Of course Hannah isn't exactly a blushing innocent either, flashing the nut case roommate and teaching Phillip Roth to 8th graders.

These are all self-absorbed people, who aren't interested in the slightest in growing up -- they're too cool for bourgeois responsibility.

It'll be interesting to see how the series ends. Maybe Lena's mission for this series is similar to the "no hugs, no learning" manifesto that Seinfeld had. There have been plenty of hugs in Girls but very little signs of growth, even though the characters are suppose to be at an age when people are suppose to grow up.

• Love 3

Not as good as last week, but I laughed at several parts, especially with Hannah and her Dad, which was both funny and pretty interesting. My favorite scene though? Elijah running off to help Hannah and her dad with their "gay problem", only to see them both sobbing, and he just peaces out. 

Followed in hilarity with Adams sister saying her baby is her "mother" only for Adam to give a baffled "what?" really quickly. You must be pretty weird to make a guy look Adam give you a WTF look. 

Rays plot was probably the weakest. I get the satire of hipster millennials and their political correctness, but its been done, by this show even, and you do not need to bring in "satire millennials" that are even worse than our main cast.   

• Love 3

I was amused by Hannah reading GOODBYE, COLUMBUS with her 8th grade class. I was a couple of years older - just on the cusp of turning 15, which puts me in (all-girls) 10th grade - when our truly excellent math teacher came in one day, said she was abandoning the day's planned math topics, made us promise never to tell our parents, and read us the entire first-chapter. masturbation and all, of the novel because she'd just read it and found it so screamingly funny she just *had* to share it with others. AFAIK, none of us ever squealed, either to our parents or to the school.

• Love 9

Jessa and Adam almost had me for a moment. It looked like they had an adorable day at Coney Island and I warmed some to their relationship. But then these two gross, inappropriate people decide to masturbate together.

• Love 6

Elijah makes the show for me. Did he say "no way Cosette?" When he saw the mess that was Hannah and her Dad sobbing in the restaurant??

Eta also loved this exchange:

Their coffee is so good.

Our coffee is good!!

Is it? *head tilt*

Edited by Maire
  • Love 8

Elijah got some blubber since last season.

I thought so too!  I guess I'll take it, because I adore him with the intensity of a thousand suns. "Is it?" His line readings are so screamingly funny.

• Love 4

Hannah's parents are a mess. Her father is a pitiful and stupid man. I just don't understand how anyone can have unprotected sex with a complete stranger in 2016.

I also think he's an asshole for what he's doing to his wife. If you're gay, go be gay but don't lie to your wife and have sex with other people behind her back. They need to divorce and get it over with.

Jessa is the worst friend ever! If you're going to masturbate with your friend's ex you might as well sleep with him because it's still breaking the girl code. Also, I hated her stupid overalls and turtleneck.

Anyway, I do like that Elijah might possibly have a new cute boyfriend who is also his number one news source.

• Love 5

Genuine question: when did this "girl code" become a thing? Certainly in the 1970s neither I nor my similarly-aged friends remember there being any prohibition on taking up with a friend's ex. Now, apparently it ends your friendship. When was the dividing line and what happened?

• Love 2

Genuine question: when did this "girl code" become a thing? Certainly in the 1970s neither I nor my similarly-aged friends remember there being any prohibition on taking up with a friend's ex. Now, apparently it ends your friendship. When was the dividing line and what happened?

You got me on that one.Apparently there are rules on everything from simply talking to an ex to not dating a friends ex, even if your friend only dated them for a week. I find the whole concept asinine.

• Love 6

Well Hannah and adam dated for yeasv and lived together. Jessa dating him would be more than just "breaking Gil code" , considering she was also a part in breaking them up so yeah. I agree with certain aspect of girl code to an extent but I think for me of the biggest concepts of girl code is having the decently to be respectful to your friend and telling said friend you plan on dating their ex.

I used to like Hannah's dad but the gay storyline is falling flat for me. Maybe because he always seemed like such a nice kind guy who loved his wife, even last season after coming out. And now he's running off to New York to hook up with random guys?

I didn't really miss Shoshanna this week. I kind of missed Marnie, only because I feel like that's the meat of Ray's story and otherwise we are dealing with him and a story about a rival coffee place. Isn't he a Congress man?

• Love 4

I was born in the 70's and my friends and I wouldn't date each others ex boyfriends. If it's just a guy someone dated a few times I don't see a problem with it but I would be hurt if one of my best friends dated someone I was in a serious relationship with without at least talking to me about it first.

Obviously if it's been five years and everyone has moved on those rules don't really apply but Jessa knows that Hannah is sensitive and will freak out about the situation so I think it's a pretty shitty thing of her to do. Then again Hannah is an asshole and maybe Jessa and Hannah are ready to part ways as friends anyway. Hell if I know.

• Love 5

I was born in the 70's and my friends and I wouldn't date each others ex boyfriends. If it's just a guy someone dated a few times I don't see a problem with it but I would be hurt if one of my best friends dated someone I was in a serious relationship with without at least talking to me about it first.

Obviously if it's been five years and everyone has moved on those rules don't really apply but Jessa knows that Hannah is sensitive and will freak out about the situation so I think it's a pretty shitty thing of her to do. Then again Hannah is an asshole and maybe Jessa and Hannah are ready to part ways as friends anyway. Hell if I know.

Hannah should have parted ways with jessa a long time ago.

• Love 5

Jessa is an addict with little impulse control or the ability to observe boundaries.

She conspired to break Hannah and Adam up (not directly but it was a side effect of her scheming to get another man).

Now she's going to twist the knife by boning Adam, who's not too swell either.

Of course Hannah isn't exactly a blushing innocent either, flashing the nut case roommate and teaching Phillip Roth to 8th graders.

These are all self-absorbed people, who aren't interested in the slightest in growing up -- they're too cool for bourgeois responsibility.

It'll be interesting to see how the series ends. Maybe Lena's mission for this series is similar to the "no hugs, no learning" manifesto that Seinfeld had. There have been plenty of hugs in Girls but very little signs of growth, even though the characters are suppose to be at an age when people are suppose to grow up.

I'm not sure who y'all hang out with or the people that you know--- but I am an old lady and people do not change. Not really. Pretty much once a dick always a dick. But that must be why I find this show so amusing. 20 something's think they are all grown up. They think they have it all figured out. They think they mature and change. Ah. It's really adorable.

Personally I love how self-involved and completely obnoxious all these characters are. It's like the Seinfeld of the new century.

And for the record -- I love Lena's "repulsive gratuitous" nudity. It makes me laugh every time. You go girl!

Adam and Jessa. Oh my that isn't going to end well.

• Love 17

Hannah's parents are a mess. Her father is a pitiful and stupid man. I just don't understand how anyone can have unprotected sex with a complete stranger in 2016.

I also think he's an asshole for what he's doing to his wife. If you're gay, go be gay but don't lie to your wife and have sex with other people behind her back. They need to divorce and get it over with.

Definitely. But worse than any of that, is calling your daughter AT WORK so that she can go get your wallet. I doubt that either of Hannah's parents ever took off from work to go get something she left someplace, LEAST of all at the home of some guy she was screwing. Hannah, if I remember right, did not feel the need to fill her parents in on every one night stand she ever had.

Given how infantile all of their parents are, the Girls are miracles of maturity and self sufficiency. And finally, that was a really nice cute old guy, and the real reason Hannah's Dad was crying is that he missed out on nice cute young guys. No, they're not gonna look like their pictures because news flash: Neither do you, old man. You're at that time of life when you can either pay prostitutes for what you missed as a young man, or grow up and look for a man your own age.

• Love 8

I thought the guy Hannah's dad hooked up with looked just like him. 

I hope that Ray keeps the coffee lids behind the counter. That seems like a reasonable solution. Hated the Helvetica people. 

Adam's and Jessa's day together looked so nice, fun, and... normal. Too good to last. I guess that was the point.

I was very pleased to see Corey Stoll as Elijah's potential new love interest. He looked so hot in that suit.

• Love 7

Hannah's parents while goofy at times before last season at least had their crap together. For the most part, compared to the other girls parents. It's why I very much dislike this storyline. Not that Hannah's dad being gay is awful but the fact that it makes him act like an idiot (calling Hannah at work, making her go pick up his wallet like he's a child, the unprotected hookup part) I feel like I know he is inexperienced I'm this area and all but the way they are writing him is not good. And let's not forget he's lying to his wife about all this. Or at least just hopping off to NY and not telling her. I mean some parts of it made me laugh but on a rewatch I noticed that they are making Tad out to be kind of clueless.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Jealousy and residual feelings have been around forever.

Male friends don't do it either.

• Love 4
(edited)

The reason for Jacob and his "insanity:"

I think Elijah pretty much nailed it when he offered to figure out how to include Fran in the morning rituals of affection. Fran is most likely gay, and Jacob is the jilted ex. I think that's why he went all hysterical about Hannah's bush. They were at Fran's place, and Hannah's all, "Home invasion!" as if she didn't know Fran had a roommate, so clearly Fran didn't discuss Jacob much. Eventually Fran will slip up and sleep with either Elijah, or Jacob, or Hannah's Dad. I'm still not sure Elijah hasn't slept with Hannah's Dad. He was awfully confident that the Dad was gay season one, in their very first conversation.

The "girl code" is idiotic. If you break up, you break up. That means that ex is fair game. Unless he has hit you, publicly humiliated you, or in some other way made it so you can't be in the same room with him ever, it should be perfectly fine for your friend to date him. In this day and age, people have to learn to share their kids, friends, and parents after a divorce, and air-tight breakups are poor practice for that. Odds are that you will stand in a room with your ex at many, many holidays, graduations, weddings, etc...lots of people remain friends after a breakup or a divorce, and so who else are you gonna date?

Jealousy and residual feelings have been around forever.

Male friends don't do it either.

They don't officially. It's dumb, though. Obviously you didn't like it enough to put a ring on it. So why shouldn't your friend, assuming the breakup was amicable and you're all friends? I mean, I get that it would be outrageous and stupid for Chris Dowd's buddy to marry Jessa and bring her to all the fundraisers and dinners and parties, forcing poor old Chris to see her. But I don't get why, for instance, Ray shouldn't date or marry Marnie, once Charlie washed his hands of her, or why Shosh had such a huge problem with Marnie and Ray. Hannah forgave Elijah and Marnie (what business it was of hers I still don't get), and Shosh forgave Ray and Marnie, so I think Jessa and Adam should probably get a pass, if it weren't for the fact that Adam is probably the only straight man in Hannah's life and she's gonna want him back eventually and everyone knows it.

Edited by Hecate7

I almost feel as though Hannah should just be "pre-fired" from all her jobs.  I appreciate her general obliviousness to how other people are reacting to her, but I was amazed that Hannah didn't get a call from her principal after she left telling her not to return.

I hate myself, but I did feel very sorry for Hannah with her situation with her parents.  No one in that family has any kind of boundaries, and it sucks she is in the middle of her parents' nightmare relationship.  I just pretend I was an immaculate conception.  I can't even imagine the private hell it would be to have to go retrieve a wallet from one of your father's sexual conquests. 

At this point, I almost want to watch a show dedicated to Elijah's dating life.  His whole meet cute with the guy was very sweet, and it was nice to see Elijah acting relatively normal. 

• Love 6

Because the last time they were non-monogamous, AIDS hadn't been discovered and the serious STDs were curable with antibiotics. I had to remind a recently divorced friend of a certain age to be sure to use protection - and she was "???" - whereas when I reminded my Girls aged daughter, she looked at me like I was an idiot. Deservedly so.

I did too. It took me awhile to place him, because I couldn't separate his face from Peter Scolari's.
  • Love 3

This show is a hot mess, but I find it entertaining. 

Elijah for the win in this episode.

Elijah and his new reporter, hot. The actor, I forgot his name, but I know his face, was looking pretty hot in that suit.

Elijah dissing Ray's coffee with "Is it?" LOL

Then looking through the restaurant glass at Hannah and her dad crying and shaking his head as in hell no. 

He was really good this episode.

for the record -- I love Lena's "repulsive gratuitous" nudity. It makes me laugh every time. You go girl!

Me too and I loved when Dunham finally told the entertainment media to fuck off, when it came to her nakedness. You don't like it, then don't watch.

• Love 8
Because the last time they were non-monogamous, AIDS hadn't been discovered and the serious STDs were curable with antibiotics.  I had to remind a recently divorced friend of a certain age to be sure to use protection - and she was "???" - whereas when I reminded my Girls aged daughter, she looked at me like I was an idiot. Deservedly so.

I think that would only make sense if we are supposed to believe that he didn't read a newspaper over the past 30+ years.  I mean, even people in a monogamous relationship would be generally aware of AIDS and STDs, even if they didn't believe themselves at risk.

• Love 4
I didn't really get what the point of Fran's crazy roommate was? Anyone care to elaborate?

Hecate7 may well be right that Fran is gay or will discover he's gay: in the meantime this gives Hannah and Fran the impetus to live together without do so officially. That then allows Fran to meet or become better acquainted with Elijah and whoever drops by there, ranging from Hannah's friends to her father to Elijah's friends to Laird/Mimi/Jessa-Hannah Bluebird Poem.

Neelix! Yet I agree: the voice and manner were eerily alike. 

• Love 3

Not only that, but it was the now-old guy from Bosom Buddies hooking up with the now-old guy from Benson. Perfect casting.

The reason I like this show is, that instead of Adam kissing Jessa when she says he can't, like every rom-com ever, he doesn't. But then they did THAT together. Major points for originality, despite the yuckiness.

• Love 4
(edited)

Haven't seen it mentioned but Lena Dunham's sibling played the barista at Helvetica. 

I loved how Adam "held" the baby and his reaction to seeing his sister's boobs and to Laird's comment about Hannah's "surgery."

I adore Elijah and I love Corey Stoll so I'm happy if he's found a new boyfriend!

RIP goldfish

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 4

txhorns79: You would think. But the reality is that old habits die hard, and I've read that HIV/AIDS is a growing problem with the older set who, as clanstarling noted, haven't dated since the 1970s and have not updated their personal thinking.

As for men not dating each other's exes: they may not *now*, but again, my generation *did*.

Please forgive my ignorance, but when Elijah and Dill left the bar and Elijah said he was going downtown, and Dill said he was going uptown, was that a euphemism or code for something? The line delivery was pretty deliberate, and Elijah looked so disappointed afterwards that it seemed like more than just "gee, too bad we live in opposite ends of the city".

• Love 2
As for men not dating each other's exes: they may not *now*, but again, my generation *did*.

I think it's more just a matter of the relationship.  It's not a big deal to date someone your friend dated for five minutes, but lost interest in.  I do think it would be in bad taste to start dating someone with whom your good friend had a serious relationship, particularly if the relationship ended badly.  In those cases, I'd talk to my friend first, and see what they say.  They may not end up caring, but I'd at least give them notice it was happening, so they wouldn't be surprised later on.   

• Love 5

I think it's more just a matter of the relationship.  It's not a big deal to date someone your friend dated for five minutes, but lost interest in.  I do think it would be in bad taste to start dating someone with whom your good friend had a serious relationship, particularly if the relationship ended badly.  In those cases, I'd talk to my friend first, and see what they say.  They may not end up caring, but I'd at least give them notice it was happening, so they wouldn't be surprised later on.

That's my thinking on this whole thing. At least be respectful of the situation. However Jessa and Adam feel worse because Jessa was a catalyst for breaking them up in the first place; and before doing that she had been a crap friend by ignoring Hannah because Hannah was going to Iowa for graduate school. Jessa is the definition of a bad friend. And she won't recognize why people get hurt by her choices. Marnie totally had her number in the very first episode of this show.

• Love 8

Jessa has always been the sadist and Hannah the masochist in their relationship.  It is not a spot on description, but there is no way they would be friends in real life after what Jessa did to her.  She also did it for her own selfish needs, Adam distracts the girl friend so she could get new Spock.

It almost seemed like a rom com with Adam and Jessa at the carnival, but the nasty masturbation scene is in keeping with the show's weirdness.

It would be sad, but realistic if Ray's coffee shop closed down.  As the jerky barista pointed out, everyone has coffee now a days.

Does anyone ever feel a little guilty that it always seems like everyone always loves the guy of the show more then the girls themselves?  I mean it was supposes to be a well written show about twenty something women, but I (like most people) usually care about Adam, Elijah, and Ray.

Do you think, like most writer's in Hollywood, Lena just does a better job with the men?  Also, it is not because the girls are not perfect.  The three guys I have mentioned have had their share of nasty moments, but their characters feel more real and substantial.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think that would only make sense if we are supposed to believe that he didn't read a newspaper over the past 30+ years.  I mean, even people in a monogamous relationship would be generally aware of AIDS and STDs, even if they didn't believe themselves at risk.

I agree that it doesn't make sense (I am of that age and am totally aware). However, there are plenty of older folks for whom that was not on the radar for whatever reason, and as a result STDs are on the rise in older people.

Edit to acknowledge wendyg said it better, and I hadn't yet seen the post when I responded.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 2

At the very least I think it requires that the friend discuss it with the other before moving forward.

• Love 2
Do you think, like most writer's in Hollywood, Lena just does a better job with the men?  Also, it is not because the girls are not perfect.  The three guys I have mentioned have had their share of nasty moments, but their characters feel more real and substantial.

I think Elijah is a highlight in the show, but he is not someone I would consider to be a real or substantial character.  He exists in some kind of alternate universe where money and/or ambition are not actual concerns.  Though I give him major props for simply backing up and walking away when he saw that sad Hannah/dad crying combo in the window. 

• Love 3
I just don't understand how anyone can have unprotected sex with a complete stranger in 2016.

Shit happens, people aren't perfect.

I hated the opening scene with more of Lena's repulsive, gratuitous nudity

Didn't think it was repulsive, but I'm so glad LD is still pissing people off.

Please forgive my ignorance, but when Elijah and Dill left the bar and Elijah said he was going downtown, and Dill said he was going uptown, was that a euphemism or code for something?

I may be wrong, but I thought it was a simple awkward situation, but I'm so happy Dill stopped the car and gave Elijah his card.

the real reason Hannah's Dad was crying is that he missed out on nice cute young guys. No, they're not gonna look like their pictures because news flash: Neither do you, old man. You're at that time of life when you can either pay prostitutes for what you missed as a young man, or grow up and look for a man your own age.

I really felt for Mr Horvath, it must be awful realizing you spent your youth pretending to be someone else.

• Love 6

Adam has done many lousy things, the latest being moving in on Jessa.

Almost as if he wanted to throw it in Hanna's face for refusing to take him back.

• Love 3

I'm really fuzzy about the timeline of the Adam/Hannah/Jessa drama (I don't rewatch episodes) so I don't know how I feel about a Jessa/Adam hook-up at this point. I hate Jessa in general, but I don't know if I'm completely against them as a couple. But I do think she's right about them destroying each other, which could be fun to watch.

Please forgive my ignorance, but when Elijah and Dill left the bar and Elijah said he was going downtown, and Dill said he was going uptown, was that a euphemism or code for something?

I may be wrong, but I thought it was a simple awkward situation, but I'm so happy Dill stopped the car and gave Elijah his card.

That's what I thought, but they way it played out, I was wondering if I was missing something. Like, was this a euphemism for some sex thing (e.g., top/bottom) and in that moment they realised that even though they are really attracted to each other they are not compatible? Again, please excuse my ignorance if I'm reading too much into this!

• Love 1

Is Dill's character inspired by Anderson Cooper? That's kind of the vibe I was getting - classy, wealthy, well-known, gay newsman in NYC.

I love Elijah - from getting high at Marnie's wedding last week to this week's "oh hell no" reaction when he saw Hannah and her dad crying. Can we just get a spin-off about Ray's in which Elijah is his employee and Adam frequents the coffee shop? Fran can even do guest spots. The guys are just funnier and more likeable.

I do like Shosh's character, but I didn't even realize she was missing from the show until after the episode. Marnie, on the other hand, I dislike and realized right away she wasn't in it (and wasn't really sorry).

I'm not sure what the point of Fran's crazy roommate is but I just kept thinking "What a jerk!" that Hannah of "I shoved a Q-tip so far in my ear I had to go to the doctor" OCD was so harshly and openly judging the roommate for being "crazy." I don't know why I'd expect her to have genuine concern or empathy for someone who is having a mental health issue despite that she's dealt with them herself. I also don't think Fran is gay....nothing leads me to believe that at all.

• Love 5
(edited)

Is Dill's character inspired by Anderson Cooper? That's kind of the vibe I was getting - classy, wealthy, well-known, gay newsman in NYC.

Ha! I was just logging in to post the same thing. I had the exact same thought.

I also wondered if the "go get my wallet after my sex romp" scene was inspired by the movie "Sideways". Same thing happened in it.

Did anyone else catch the bit when Tad was crying, and he mentioned the hookup's "big dog", and then when we see it it's really a tiny little thing?

Edited by jenh526
  • Love 5

Yeah, I hate the concept, and even more, the concept that women owe other women they don't even know. As in, sisters always stick together. In this case, adam was Hannah's sweetie for so long, it warrants a conversation, but I would think, nothing more than that, hannah said no to adam and adam and Jessa are both single.

The reason for Jacob and his "insanity:"https://www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/comments/487yvo/why_didnt_adnan_make_sure_that_the_asia_alibi_was/d0jtwqx

The "girl code" is idiotic. If you break up, you break up. That means that ex is fair game. Unless he has hit you, publicly humiliated you, or in some other way made it so you can't be in the same room with him ever, it should be perfectly fine for your friend to date him. In this day and age, people have to learn to share their kids, friends, and parents after a divorce, and air-tight breakups are poor practice for that. Odds are that you will stand in a room with your ex at many, many holidays, graduations, weddings, etc...lots of people remain friends after a breakup or a divorce, and so who else are you gonna date?

They don't officially. It's dumb, though. Obviously you didn't like it enough to put a ring on it. So why shouldn't your friend, assuming the breakup was amicable and you're all friends? I mean, I get that it would be outrageous and stupid for Chris Dowd's buddy to marry Jessa and bring her to all the fundraisers and dinners and parties, forcing poor old Chris to see her. But I don't get why, for instance, Ray shouldn't date or marry Marnie, once Charlie washed his hands of her, or why Shosh had such a huge problem with Marnie and Ray. Hannah forgave Elijah and Marnie (what business it was of hers I still don't get), and Shosh forgave Ray and Marnie, so I think Jessa and Adam should probably get a pass, if it weren't for the fact that Adam is the only straight man in Hannah's life and she's gonna want him back eventually and everyone knows it.

I totally agree. I also think people in their 20s and even 30s have this idea that their friends are their family... See "the Heidi chronicles." But in the long run, this turns out not to be true. People marry, move on, have their own families.

In the British show "couples" people swap partners left and right and remain friends. Interesting cultural divide.

Because the last time they were non-monogamous, AIDS hadn't been discovered and the serious STDs were curable with antibiotics. I had to remind a recently divorced friend of a certain age to be sure to use protection - and she was "???" - whereas when I reminded my Girls aged daughter, she looked at me like I was an idiot. Deservedly so.  I did too. It took me awhile to place him, because I couldn't separate his face from Peter Scolari's.

Aren't hannahs parents in their early 50s? If so they'd have been in college when aids was happening and even if late 50s they'd only have been a few years out. AIDS was big big news in 1983/84.

Then again, this show fudges details, hannah s mom just got tenure last year? And if she'd been teaching there longer than 7 years she should have been up for it much, much sooner. And if she hadn't, her becoming a professor for the first time in her 40s is remarkable (not unheard of but tough).

• Love 1