Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E02: Kindergarten Camp

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

When Debbie talked earnestly to the camera about analyzing water for 20 years, did she have no idea the Internet would know in 2 seconds WHY she no longer analyzes water?

I cringe every time she says something about water. I can imagine her falsifying results and justifying it by thinking, "Oh, these safety standards are silly. This water isn't going to hurt anyone." Despicable, utterly callous behavior. I wouldn't care so much for her behavior on the show if I didn't know she was a part of a dangerous fraudulent scheme against the public welfare.

Also Fauxbama can shut up about the cats. He just said it to be a mean joke.

Hate the Kyle Jason hunk of blubber, but I did respect his shouldering the log on those blistered shoulders. That must have hurt and he didn't complain.

• Love 9

I'm wondering whether we loved Second Chances season so much because the strategizing and the game in general was great or because we know these people and we like them or like to hate them. I'm asking myself whether I'd like these two episodes from this season more if the players were the ones from last season and I do believe the answer would be yes. I'm used to seeing familiar faces in the game so I'm getting annoyed trying to get to know these people and know their names, their ages, the way they think or play, while in Second Chances I liked most of them from the get go, I estimated who would align with whom, I was familiar with their way of thinking. All in all I think that it's not the people I don't like in this season, it's the fact that they are strangers to me and I was really spoiled last season not having to remember all the names and being familiar with the contestants from the beginning. Maybe it's time for Survivor to do only Second chances (or third, or fourth...) seasons only. Now that would be unfair for new players but how entertaining for us.

• Love 2

I'm refusing to call that meathead by his name. He can go by Fatty, since he doesn't think it's appropriate to call Blondie by her name anyway.

Fatty wants Blondie so badly the desperation's seeping through his blistered shoulders and creating giant holes in his ears, and the way he copes with that is to be extremely disrespectful and rude to her face and behind her back.  He's trying to convince himself (and probably his wife back home) that he's not into her. 

There are no licensing requirements for fugitive recovery (bounty hunters) in Michigan where Fatty lives- you just have to get hired by a bail bonds place. 

• Love 11

I cringe every time she says something about water. I can imagine her falsifying results and justifying it by thinking, "Oh, these safety standards are silly. This water isn't going to hurt anyone."

Or even worse, "this water isn't going to hurt anyone...as long as their immune systems are as strong as mine."  It's amazing how she seems to turn every conversational moment into an opportunity for self-aggrandizement.  To suggest that Liz was overly worried about giardia or whatever because "your immune system is probably not as strong as mine" is some kind of unholy mash-up of solipsism, belittling of others, passive-aggressiveness, and ignorance.

Fatty wants Blondie so badly the desperation's seeping through his blistered shoulders and creating giant holes in his ears, and the way he copes with that is to be extremely disrespectful and rude to her face and behind her back.  He's trying to convince himself (and probably his wife back home) that he's not into her. 

Yup.  It's the classic schoolyard tactic.  If you like a girl, go knock her over.

• Love 22

Yeah, i agree. He's obsessed with her. 

• Love 4
Jenny:  "I have low impulse control and--"

Casting:  "IN."

That's exactly what I thought, too! She must have said that in her audition.

On another note, did Alecia call Scot & Jason the basketball player and the hitman? Does she really think he is a hit man as a career? Or does she think that's what a bail bondsman/bounty hunter does, kill people?

• Love 5

On another note, did Alecia call Scot & Jason the basketball player and the hitman? Does she really think he is a hit man as a career? Or does she think that's what a bail bondsman/bounty hunter does, kill people?

"The Basketball Player and the Hitman" sounds like an episode of 48 Hours!

• Love 11

Completely hating the Brawn tribe, especially Sunburn and Lurch.

*applause*

It's still early, but I'm finding these people to be an odd mismatch of weirdness.  Maybe it's subconsciously bugging me that, as been suggested, some of the cast don't seem to fit into their tribe and I'm waiting for the old switcheroo.  But I almost feel like the casting department didn't do their homework as well as they usually do.  Scot, Bounty, Cydynyey, Nick, Joe, Debbie and Barack all annoy me greatly.  Thankfully I have the budding romance between Caleb and Tai to make me smile in between watching the Brawn tribe sleep and the Brain tribe roll their eyes at each other.

But I will still watch and savor every episode multiple times because SURVIVOR.

• Love 4

This episode was a laugh riot. I loved it! It feels like this season is going to be pure comedy and I am super into it.

There are SO many dicks this season, but thankfully they just make me laugh as opposed to making me have rage blackouts.

I thought Liz came off a bit spoiled in her breakdown over the water (though I am 100% with her on boiling it), but Joe seemed so OTT mean to her. He had such disdain in his voice and face when he was like, "Pathogens, come on" or whatever. It was almost scary tbh. I feel like there has to be more there that we weren't shown.

Peter was so condescending to Debbie. Like I was flabbergasted at the level of condescending he was being. That being said, Debbie is insane and I would never want to live with her for even 1 day, let alone live with her on Survivor. But she provides endless entertainment to the show imo so I hope she lasts a bit longer.

Neal wasn't in this ep too much but he seriously gives me a sociopath vibe.

I love Alecia. LOVE her. The fact that she sat there for 5 hours trying to get fire while the rest of the tribe that criticizes her so much slept was amazing. And she actually got fire! So awesome. Sure, she's dumb, but she's a decent person and she's giving these assholes everything she has and I really respect that.

Kyle Jason or whatever is horrible in every way. I need him gone. Not only is he an asshole he is absolutely disgusting to look at.

The Brawn tribe is imploding spectacularly and the Brains tribe clearly basically hate each other and then we have Beauty just chilling and cuddling. I hope that's a sign that the women on Beauty can make it deep. I want them to somehow pull in Alecia though!

Caleb is very fun on Survivor. Now, since I watched BB I know it's 100% because editing has decided to only show his good side, but still.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 13

Perhaps the best thing about Jenny leaving is that it cuts one young brunette to remember. I know there's also an Aubrey (Audrey?), a Liz, and a Julia who are all young brunettes, but lining them up I couldn't tell you who was who. (Is there also a brunette Michelle?)

I seriously doubt Alecia spent 5 hours sitting there trying to light a fire, but it makes for a good story.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 3

Perhaps the best thing about Jenny leaving is that it cuts one young brunette to remember. I know there's also an Aubrey (Audrey?), a Liz, and a Julia who are all young brunettes, but lining them up I couldn't tell you who was who. (Is there also a brunette Michelle?)

Julia is a blonde. Apparently there's a Michele, but I still don't know who she is. I think she's one of the brunettes on Beauty.

• Love 2

I liked Jenny, but I think she (and the editors who included this scene along with others of Alecia "being a dumb blonde"--I am sensitive because I am myself a blondie, so I really hate this stuff) was being inanely judgmental with her "what's the best thing in Survivor?" pop quiz.  There are thousands of answers to that, how can Alecia possibly guess which one you mean?  Don't act like she's stupid for not reading your mind.

I have never been blond, but I completely agree with you.  

The more I think about it the more I think a split vote is right.  Jenny and Scot voted for Alecia.  Alecia, Cydney, and Jason voted for Jenny.  It could be the original plan was 3 for Alecia and, just in case she found the idol, 2 for Jenny, but motor mouth made Jason change his mind and switch his vote to Jenny.

As much as I loved the idea of Jenny talking herself out of the game, I now think she was the back-up name in case Alecia found an idol and at least 2 of the votes for her were planned before TC.  My "proof" ---

--- Alecia voted for Jenny. Alecia should have voted for Jason, because she should have thought she and Jason were the two possibilities. I don't think Alecia is smart enough to pick up from tribal that the others are going to change their vote to Jenny. Therefore, Alicia was either told to vote for Jenny or Alicia voted for Jenny because she was so annoyed by Jenny calling her a liar  - which would have been really stupid because it wouldhave created a tie between her and Jason, is the girls alliance worked out.  

--- Cydney voted for Jenny.  Cydney was the deciding vote - either go with the all girl alliance and vote out Jason, or go with the original alliance and vote out Alecia.  Her "suddenly switching" her vote to Jenny seems unlikely.

Right? Just because Probsts asks a question, doesn't mean you have to answer it completely truthfully. People need to learn the art of managing Tribal questions better. Because seriously.

I thought Jenny did a great job lying about how the girls alliance was all Alecia's idea (her lies fell apart when she changed it to her trying to make Alecia feel better).  Jenny is capable of lying, so why be so truthful answering Jeff's questions?

I see it a little differently - i think the Troll hates Alecia so much because she reminds him of all the girls who turned him down in High School, even after he was such a "nice guy" (in his mind only).  

• Love 8

As much as I loved the idea of Jenny talking herself out of the game, I now think she was the back-up name in case Alecia found an idol and at least 2 of the votes for her were planned before TC. 

Maybe that's why Jenny was so unhinged.  Maybe she knew that she was the back-up plan, and was scrambling.

• Love 7

Or even worse, "this water isn't going to hurt anyone...as long as their immune systems are as strong as mine."  It's amazing how she seems to turn every conversational moment into an opportunity for self-aggrandizement.  To suggest that Liz was overly worried about giardia or whatever because "your immune system is probably not as strong as mine" is some kind of unholy mash-up of solipsism, belittling of others, passive-aggressiveness, and ignorance.

I was cracking up at that.  "Just because I have the constitution of a horse, doesn't mean you do." "Just because I can run 10 miles doesn't mean you can". "And not if you have BOOBS!!!!".  I think she thought of those statements as empathic when instead they just came off as moronic and self-aggrandizing!

• Love 15

I was cracking up at that.  "Just because I have the constitution of a horse, doesn't mean you do." "Just because I can run 10 miles doesn't mean you can". "And not if you have BOOBS!!!!".  I think she thought of those statements as empathic when instead they just came off as moronic and self-aggrandizing!

In deference to Pete, who I have no reason to like especially, people like Debbie bring out the absolute worst in me.  There is something in me that cannot help but challenge their every bogus claims and try to get them to somehow reveal that they are, in fact, deluded egomaniacs.  It's one of my worst faults, and no good for anyone.  The fact that Peter could say to her face, "yeah, you seem like you're pretty strong" or whatever he said when he must have thought she was full of a truckload of shit -- he's a better man than I.  Or course, as an ER doc, he probably comes face-to-face with all kinds of bullshit and foolishness and is trained to keep a straight face.

• Love 8

Maybe that's why Jenny was so unhinged.  Maybe she knew that she was the back-up plan, and was scrambling.

Based on the SM of the Brawn tribe, it seems like the Jenny vote was already put in place as a backup before tribal. Scot mentioned something like the only reason he voted Alecia was because he promised Jenny he would not write her name down since others are voting for her.

Which sort of contradicts his own statement earlier that the "up in the air" quote during tribal was a total surprise for him. Either the plan was she was the backup, or the 3 was going to blindside her anyway.

Who knows, you can't understand a lot of things anymore these days in just 140 characters.

• Love 5

GAHHHHHH NO PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOO

Full of sorrow, I predict that if Kyle Jason lasts very long this season, we will think wistfully of the carefree days of Dan Foley and his mantie antics.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 6

I don't understand why Joe gave that one girl such a hard time about wanting to boil the water. It's Survivor, they always boil the water. But Debbie says she looked at it and it's fine? How does she know? Or does she have eyes which can detect microbes?

No, just pathogens.

I'm pretty sure Alecia thinks she's a mental giant because someone once told her that, and she wasn't able to recognize irony.

• Love 4
I thought Jenny did a great job lying about how the girls alliance was all Alecia's idea (her lies fell apart when she changed it to her trying to make Alecia feel better).  Jenny is capable of lying, so why be so truthful answering Jeff's questions?

I thought Jenny's lying was horrible and obvious. But maybe it's because I already knew the truth? I don't know. When she was accusing Alecia, I feel like Alecia came off much more believable. She remained calm and was kind of laughing it off. Meanwhile, Jenny is flinging her hands in the air and being super OTT about it. It seemed like a bit of "the lady doth protest too much", to me. 

But at that point, she was clearly "caught" and trying to cover. If she had come into tribal with a plan to be calm and stick to a certain storyline, she may have been fine. But who knows?

• Love 4

I have to say, I have never in all my seasons of Survivor watching, flipped opinion on one player so rapidly and solidly as I did last night. I was 100% in Jennifer's corner, all last week and this week right up until tribal. She seemed like a bit of a bad ass, not-a-jerk, even keeled, etc. Then she slipped up at tribal, and turned into such a heel in her recovery. She floundered for a bit, and then played my favorite song, the one that starts with a wounded "Wow." and then moves into the "It's the lack of trust that hurts the most." Ugh I HATE that ploy. It's something pathetic cheaters that are caught red-handed trot out to try to turn it back and shame the other person. It's gross.

Sorry Jennifer. I used to think you were the most, but now you're all wet.

• Love 7

Maybe the bug is still in Jenny's ear, controlling her actions. "Now get up on the log and beg." I do think Alecia would have been the right person to vote out last week, but this week she deserved to stay. She usually has a stupid look on her face, but she's not the one who turned into a ten-car pileup at TC. Also she never gave up on the fire. I think if Brawn loses again, she's out, which is a shame. I would laugh and laugh if she and Cydney were the last two standing from the the tribe.

Brains is reminding me of the Blue Collar tribe. They're doing well at the game, but they hate each other. I was almost kind of liking Debbie last week, but I'm over it now. Even the edited version of her is annoying as fuck; living with her would be out of the question. Joe is more BB than Rudy, so I might be over him too. And Neal seems like a dick; also he looks like every confidential informant on NYPD Blue.

The Tai/Caleb bromance is cute. Caleb doesn't seem to mind the cuddling and Tai trying to Lady and the Tramp the fish, so although it seemed creepy in the previews, it's not coming across that way to me now. I don't watch BB, so I know not of Caleb, but here he seems pretty likable. So far, Beauty is my favorite tribe, and it helps that Nick wasn't allowed to speak this week.

They're licensed by the state and are authorized by bail bondsmen to go after people who've jumped bail. They are basically thugs, though. I used to practice criminal law and whenever a defendant was brought into court by bounty hunters, they almost always had fresh bruises and were comically wearing a t-shirt advertising the bail bond company.

I love almost everything in this post--especially the NYPD Blue reference! (Actually, I only remember a couple of things from that show: David Caruso's amazingly bad career decision and Andy Sipowicz's success with the ladies).

Maybe Joe is another misplaced tribesman and should actually be with the Brawns. Not only was his attitude about boiling water a head-scratcher, but so was his need to use so much kerosene to get a fire started.

That guy on the Brawn tribe, Jason? He reminds me of one of the monsters in the book Where The Wild Things Are.

• Love 9

Joe does remind me of Rudy.

Debbie is SO annoying!  Thanks to the person on page 1 who posted the link about her arrest record re: water claims.

Burn, Jason, burn.  And Tai is so freakin annoying too.  Find that idol and stay under the radar dude.

Neal continues to stoke my dislike for him. He's clearly prejudiced against older people....you could see him lying the ground work to try and vote out Joe if they lost. He's a loser. Meanwhile I cheered Joe when he mocked Liz about the "pathogens" and she went all sulky. If I had to guess a woman with a body like that and looks to match probably is use to getting her own way and having the way greased for her so it;s no doubt a shock to encounter someone like Joe who is immune to her charms. Joe is absolutly a combination of Rudy and BB from the classic first season.

From her bio, it looks like Liz has math degree from MIT. Usually not a place where you get by on just your looks...

• Love 9

Remind me...Dan Foley? Is he the one who compared emotional abuse with being adopted?

I actually hope that Caleb and Kyle Jason end up on the same tribe, because if Kyle tells stories about things he did in Iraq (and I have to share that the pronunciation of it as EYE-raq makes my teethe hurt) Caleb did it differently. And BETTER.

• Love 10

Remind me...Dan Foley? Is he the one who compared emotional abuse with being adopted?

I actually hope that Caleb and Kyle Jason end up on the same tribe, because if Kyle tells stories about things he did in Iraq (and I have to share that the pronunciation of it as EYE-raq makes my teethe hurt) Caleb did it differently. And BETTER.

Yes, to your first question.  And WORD to your other point.

"The Basketball Player and the Hitman" -- Joey Tribbiani's new TV pilot, now that "Mac and Cheese" didn't make it.

I was a 20-year-old girl when I started working on Wall St in a male-dominated industry, and picked up a few strategies that Joe sure could use. When you're in the minority (as he is age-wise), don't go ordering people around.  If you have a good idea, don't declare that this is what we're all going to do. You wait until the others have spoken, then ASK the ringleaders if they think your idea might work. You have no power if you're not in the majority in a group, and it's very important to respect the social pecking order, if not the people themselves. Joe thinks everyone is going to do things his way just because they SHOULD. But people don't usually do the things they should.

Debbie, however -- I have no words. Delusional people make me nervous because there's no reasoning with them, and it's almost impossible to predict how they will behave.  I'd vote her out next, if it were up to me, for that reason alone.

I'm now all pro-Tai because first of all, he managed somehow to get the target off his back -- how did he do that? -- and second, I loved how he climbed the tree and wondered how Ozzie managed to make it look so easy

Finally: tats can be so beautiful and artistic. Why are these Brawn people sporting ugly ink? Looks like somebody drew on the walls of a bathroom stall.

• Love 10
as soon as they got fire killed the chickens to eat, because they were "exhausted" from laying about and doing nothing beyond sleeping all day

It's called high time preference - since they had hens and not roosters there was the possibility that, if cared for properly, in a couple days eggs could be forthcoming.  Eggs that would then provide some much needed fat and protein for several days.  But instead the thought process was basically Me Hungry/Got Fire/Eat Chicken.  Unless there's is a reshuffling soon I expect to see these chowderheads remove themselves from the game through a a series of bad decisions and complete lack of strategic thinking.

ETA:  And speaking of the pitfalls of high time preference - Kyle Jason is going to live to regret the (I'm sure impulsive) decision to get those horrific looking ear things in about 30 years when when the dreaded old man earlobe syndrome manifests itself and those suckers start grazing his shoulders. *shudders*

Edited by calico
  • Love 8

MG: We had an embryo and it went out... LOL    I hope she makes it to the merge... ;)

The worst (best?) thing about that "embryo" thing is that the others thought they were SO SMART in knowing that it was "ember" not "embryo" and that "Blondie" is "so dumb, sheesh!"  But they were all wrong, too.

An ember is created only after the fire has already been burning for some time.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 7

I found Jenny's display of getting up, standing on the bench behind them, and proclaiming that she is trustworthy and asking for a second chance so very strange.  Does standing up bring her that much closer to heaven so she is supposedly that much more of a good person?  She was standing behind them.  Why wouldn't she have faced them and gotten on her knees and looked at them?  She has a bit of a screw loose.  And she was caught in a lie claiming that Alopecia approached her with an alliance, knowing full well that she was lying, and now all of America sees that she is a liar as well.  Nice job.

So Tai found a note saying the idol was in a box buried at the base of the tree, and then found that he'd have to climb another tall tree to get the key to unlock the box?  I have no idea how any of them are supposed to be able to get the idol then.  It's a wonder nobody saw him climbing that tree.  I'm not sure what the thing he was given to help him get the key was supposed to be.  Did he even look at it?  Was it a knife, or a hook, or something?  He didn't seem to use it.

A comment was made upthread that TPTB finally seems to have made the idols harder to obtain.  We saw in the just aired season, which was filmed after this current season, that idols are often now hidden in challenges or somewhere else.  Jeremy had to sneak away in the dark to find his.  But this climbing up a tall straight tree seemed a bit crazy.  Maybe that thing that Tai had which he didn't use was supposed to be one of those rubbery things you wrap around your body and loop around the tree so it makes it so much easier to climb?

• Love 4

To Jen: Did you forget that it is better to shut up in survivor?

The irony is that she was asking what's the best thing you can do Survivor, and she was being condescending when Alecia did not say the answer that she wants. And it's not like Alecia gave bad answers. Those are actually good answers.

I guess the answer to her own question then is "Shut up".

• Love 7

1) I am just hoping we get to see someone spot Tai's tree and the copious smears of blood all over it and wonder WTF happened there.

2) Jason - You may have spent time in a desert, but apparently, you didn't learn about covering yourself OR sunblock. Don't brag about the fact  that you don't learn.

• Love 10

Yeah, I'm so glad the hidden immunity idols are actually hidden this season and not just placed where they can easily be discovered without even a clue.

Very curious as to why we never hear anything from or about Cydney.  There were 3 women on that tribe -- nobody at tribal asked her anything about whose version of the all-woman alliance scheme was correct. Why not?? Interesting that she made no move to back up either one of the women.  Weird that Jeff didn't probst (see what I did there?) to find out her take on it.

Neal?  Who the hell is Neal?  Gotta go to the Survivor cast page and check him out.

• Love 2

I was a 20-year-old girl when I started working on Wall St in a male-dominated industry, and picked up a few strategies that Joe sure could use. When you're in the minority (as he is age-wise), don't go ordering people around.  If you have a good idea, don't declare that this is what we're all going to do. You wait until the others have spoken, then ASK the ringleaders if they think your idea might work. You have no power if you're not in the majority in a group, and it's very important to respect the social pecking order, if not the people themselves. Joe thinks everyone is going to do things his way just because they SHOULD. But people don't usually do the things they should.

Actually, ignoring the advice of the guy who managed to use up all of your kerosene in less than 12 hours is probably something you should do.  Joe appears to be an idiot.
  • Love 4

Neal is the guy who founded his own ice cream company.  On the brains tribe, curly hair, neon blue underwear.

Jen's parting words were hilarious.  I hate when people say they have no regrets.  I hate the bitter "they're all gonna suck and die now without me" exit interviews, but I also dislike the ones that say they have no regrets.  She managed to do both.  And it just doesn't come across as believable.  Maybe if you were clearly going home, and you tried and played your best, and were nice and honest to everyone, then yeah, no regrets.  But this idiot CLEARLY had a lot to regret, starting with opening her mouth.  Just because she says she has no regrets doesn't mean she doesn't.  She's going to replay those moments for years to come, a la Andrew Savage.

• Love 6

I have to say, I have never in all my seasons of Survivor watching, flipped opinion on one player so rapidly and solidly as I did last night. I was 100% in Jennifer's corner, all last week and this week right up until tribal.

Same here. Last week I was "Go, Jenn, go!" and this week I was "No, Jenn, no!"

• Love 2

It's called high time preference - since they had hens and not roosters there was the possibility that, if cared for properly, in a couple days eggs could be forthcoming.  Eggs that would then provide some much needed fat and protein for several days.  But instead the thought process was basically Me Hungry/Got Fire/Eat Chicken.  Unless there's is a reshuffling soon I expect to see these chowderheads remove themselves from the game through a a series of bad decisions and complete lack of strategic thinking.

PERFECT description of that tribe.  Two seconds after Alecia got the fire going, they sacrificed a chicken and had dinner.  Did they even discuss it?  Or did Bountry run over and snap the chicken's neck before anyone could blink?

Also, I do not understand the thought process of a tribe that all hangs out together, except for the one person who is knowingly looking for an idol.  It happened with Beauty (everyone playing in the water while Tai climbed a tree) and also with Brawn (Alecia out looking while everyone sat around saying she was clearly too dumb to find it).  Why do tribes just chill and let one person search for idols, unchecked, and then proceed to sit back and say, "Gee, look - there they go again, looking for an idol.  Pass the coconut juice."  That makes zero sense to me.  

I would LOVE for Alecia to find the idol.  LOVE.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8

Very curious as to why we never hear anything from or about Cydney.  There were 3 women on that tribe -- nobody at tribal asked her anything about whose version of the all-woman alliance scheme was correct. Why not?? Interesting that she made no move to back up either one of the women.  Weird that Jeff didn't probst (see what I did there?) to find out her take on it.

I'm sure he did since people keep saying the average tribal council lasts 2 to 3 hours.  My guess is whatever she replied wasn't usable or didn't really "punch up" the edit for the TC segment.  Also I assume she hadn't really agreed to the all girl alliance since there were no cuts of her saying yes or even nodding during either of Jenn's talks with her.  Just cuts to her "looking" at Jenn in silence.

About Alecia, she sure is dumb but also unintentionally funny so  I don't mind if she stays around for comedy gold.  Good that she worked on fire for 5 hours.  But also bad she worked on fire for 5 hours.  She had a flint kit.  Who works on fire for 5 hours with a flint kit?!?  (See "dumb" above).  Also the more you use that flint the more you wear it out which is also not good.  But she is set up edit-wise vs the "evil" bounty hunter so given that edit (I know no spoilers at all) I assume we shall see her outlast Mr Ugly Tatoos 'R' Us guy.

People mention liking the beauty tribe.  Again I don't know any spoilers at all but yeah it is getting a winning edit from my pov which says to me the winner may well be on that tribe.  Probably one of the three young women I can't tell apart yet and probably never will.

Another reason I say that is because the other male on the tribe we didn't see this episode (Nick?) has large potential for being a villain type as in the genre of the  insufferable egotist.  And given that we didn't even get shots of this weird looking, tall, ostrich-looking guy strutting around self-preening himself this episode there wasn't even any beginning of a set-up to tell his story yet which seems to indicate Beauty will remain strong next episode too.  Just feel good Tai vs The Tree (The Tree wins in a TKO) and Tai and the Cowboy clips.  Love Tai.  Can't see him winning but hope he lasts long.

Joe is so the new Rudy.  No patience with the youngins' and their book stuff.  No way but his way.  No desire to chat it up with them.  No social skills.  Check, check, check and check.  Welcome back, Rudy.  But the no social skills one is weird given Joe was suppose to have been a hostage negotiator in the FBI.  "Hey punk, suck it up and come out with your hands-up or feel my wrath!" 

But still that MIT young woman does overthink everything and gets upset over every little thing.  Between the need to cry all the time and the panic attacks is she long for Survivor?  Because to play Survivor you have to be able to "survive" Survivor.  She could use a little of the "suck it up" attitude.

Love crazy lady.  Hope she lasts a long time if just to drive Doctor Cruel Jokes over the edge.

Edited by green
  • Love 2

Joe is so the new Rudy.  No patience with the youngins' and their book stuff.  No way but his way.  No desire to chat it up with them.  No social skills.  Check, check, check and check.  Welcome back, Rudy.  But the no social skills one is weird given Joe was suppose to have been a hostage negotiator in the FBI.  "Hey punk, suck it up and come out with your hands-up or feel my wrath!" 

Rudy figured out he had to adapt.  He realized he needed to set aside his preconceived notions and became friends with Richard Hatch.  In fact, he and Richard ran the show for a while (until Hatch ultimately betrayed him by throwing the final immunity challenge so that Kelly would vote him off).  I don't see Joe deciding any of the youngins' have any value and working with them, he seems determined to work with the crazy woman with 150 different job titles.

• Love 2

In deference to Pete, who I have no reason to like especially, people like Debbie bring out the absolute worst in me.  There is something in me that cannot help but challenge their every bogus claims and try to get them to somehow reveal that they are, in fact, deluded egomaniacs.  It's one of my worst faults, and no good for anyone.  The fact that Peter could say to her face, "yeah, you seem like you're pretty strong" or whatever he said when he must have thought she was full of a truckload of shit -- he's a better man than I.  Or course, as an ER doc, he probably comes face-to-face with all kinds of bullshit and foolishness and is trained to keep a straight face.

I think Peter's got exactly the right idea regarding Debbie, she's a great pawn (not sure she's a goat in the sense that I think she'll drive people too insane to keep to the bitter end, but Phillip got there, so who knows?). She's the easiest type of person to manipulate, just make her believe that you're in complete and utter awe of her many talents and that she's the one leading you and her vote is in the bag. 

So Tai found a note saying the idol was in a box buried at the base of the tree, and then found that he'd have to climb another tall tree to get the key to unlock the box?  I have no idea how any of them are supposed to be able to get the idol then.  It's a wonder nobody saw him climbing that tree.  I'm not sure what the thing he was given to help him get the key was supposed to be.  Did he even look at it?  Was it a knife, or a hook, or something?  He didn't seem to use it.

I couldn't help wondering if he overthought it and it wasn't nearly as high as he thought (unless they showed him seeing it, which I missed). It just seems unlikely that anything would be hidden in an   essentially unscalable tree (straight up and down without much in the way of footholds.) 

As for the others seeing him, I was wondering if they were going to notice all of the wounds he apparently got, though I didn't see any marks on him either. There was a trail of blood on that tree so I expected him to be all banged up. 

I thought Liz came off a bit spoiled in her breakdown over the water (though I am 100% with her on boiling it), but Joe seemed so OTT mean to her. He had such disdain in his voice and face when he was like, "Pathogens, come on" or whatever. It was almost scary tbh. I feel like there has to be more there that we weren't shown.

I agree, I thought Joe was unnecessarily harsh, but something about Liz's breakdown rubbed me the wrong way too. Kind of hard to articulate why since I do agree that boiling the water is a good idea and with a massive fire-making kit, boiling water should not have been a problem, but her whimpering had a tinge of spoiled child to it that put me off. 

I love Alecia. LOVE her. The fact that she sat there for 5 hours trying to get fire while the rest of the tribe that criticizes her so much slept was amazing. And she actually got fire! So awesome. Sure, she's dumb, but she's a decent person and she's giving these assholes everything she has and I really respect that.

I was absolutely sure that she was going to accomplish nothing but stripping the flint bare, so I was pleasantly surprised that she actually got somewhere at long last. That said, it seemed like her initial "embryo" went out and it was Jason who got it going in the end. It appeared that without her initiative to TRY, he wouldn't have gotten off his fat ass, but without him, I don't think that fire would have been started and I suspect the tribe won't be giving her much credit for that. 

I really want to like Alecia and root for her, but she bugs me. She's kind of giving me Tocantins Sierra vibes, someone who will keep hanging on mainly due to circumstances that they had nothing to do with setting in motion, but will celebrate like it's all their handiwork. 

As much as I loved the idea of Jenny talking herself out of the game, I now think she was the back-up name in case Alecia found an idol and at least 2 of the votes for her were planned before TC.  My "proof" ---

--- Alecia voted for Jenny. Alecia should have voted for Jason, because she should have thought she and Jason were the two possibilities. I don't think Alecia is smart enough to pick up from tribal that the others are going to change their vote to Jenny. Therefore, Alicia was either told to vote for Jenny or Alicia voted for Jenny because she was so annoyed by Jenny calling her a liar  - which would have been really stupid because it wouldhave created a tie between her and Jason, is the girls alliance worked out.

After reading all of the posts here, I do agree that the Jenny back-up plan was probably already set (possibly due to Cydney maybe tipping the guys about Jenny's potential flip), BUT I think even someone as dim as Alecia could have pieced together that Jenny laid her own head on the chopping block. That tribal was insane and Jenny not only outing the girl alliance plan but also calling Jason's name out as "obviously" the one who would have taken the fall was spectacularly stupid. Granted, there were only two choices and clearly she was closer to basketball player, but still not necessary to be so emphatic about who it was. 

• Love 2

As a public service to those that are having trouble telling the Beauty women apart I will help you out.

This is Julia

http://insidesurvivor.com/wp-content/gallery/kaoh-rong-episode-3/106308_D08932b-1.jpg

This is Anna

http://insidesurvivor.com/wp-content/gallery/kaoh-rong-episode-3/106308_D09100b-1.jpg

This is Michele

http://insidesurvivor.com/wp-content/gallery/kaoh-rong-episode-1/106307_D03416b.jpg

You're welcome.

• Love 3