Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Last Chance At Romance

• Start Topic

Last chance at romance? Barf. What in the hell are they talking about? Does anybody think that Ashley is going to have sex with David or that Sam will have sex with Neil? Between these titles and the Talking Heads, nothing resembles the reality of what is going on in the actual show. And why is an atheist giving spiritual advice. What's he going to tell them? Pray to God-even though he doesn't exist - for strength and Guidance? Why is he on this show?

• Love 15

Spiritual adviser Greg Epstein encourages the newlyweds to work hard on their relationships.

Didn't he already do that when he gave them the wedding pic albums? Gosh this is going to be another boring episode.

I swear if anyone of them put a message in a bottle and throws it in the ocean (ie Sean and Davina), I'm not watching the finale.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 4

When is this season over?  It feels like I've been watching this show for six months straight.

That's a trick question Neurochick.  I believe after tonight we have two weeks and then the reunion however this season was over at the altar.

• Love 10

Sam in tonight's preview: Neil's on a business trip and I really wanted to hear him say he misses me.

(Duh, really Sam? What's to miss?)

Neil's friend calls Neil during tonight's episode:

Friend: wuttup bro? Wanna get a beer tonight?

Neil: can't, I'm on a business trip.

Friend: that sux...you're a newlywed! You must really be missing her.

Neil: um...

Friend: ah c'mon, I know you had hot sex before you left. Gotta be missing that!

Neil: um...no, we haven't had sex yet.

Friend: ok, but you must be missing the make out sessions.

Neil: we haven't kissed yet.

Friend: dude, has she worn lingerie at least?

Neil: I don't think she owns any. She likes to melt wax though.

Friend: wtf man. Ok, you must be missing that good home cooking then.

Neil: well, I don't know if she can cook. We've only had boxed and microwave food.

Friend: I'm having a hard time stayin' with ya bro...so she's gotta be talkin' you up around our friends at least?

Neil: well...she thinks I'm fake.

Friend: but you gotta be missing her because she likes to hang with ya and do stuff you like to do, right?

Neil: *crickets* oh wait, we're making progress because there's pressure when she hugs me!

Friend: ..............dude, run.

Sam's "turnaround" is just not gonna be believable and its ridiculous the show is even attempting it. It's gotta be all about the experts trying to save face over another fail season with bad matches.

I really dislike Ashley but, believe it or not, I dislike Sam more. She's just...ugh...raunchy.

I dislike Sam more too. She's way to self involved, not cute in the least and has a mean streak and I think thats also true in her not MAFS world. I think Ashley is probably ok in her own world and is just playing out a set of reeeeally bad decisions, that have been guessed at on these boards, that started with her saying yes at the alter. I just can't get on that hate train, yet.

I get the impression that the husbands are being coached by tptb to be good guys and probably are benefiting from and getting good editing combined with extra pressure and possible incentives to be husband material. The franchise needed if not successful matches at least men that seem in the game after how the last messy season played out.

• Love 5

OMG .. Can't wait for this show to end. Kiss Ass David comes home to "Zombie" Ashley, and he's still trying to make a go of it? Then you have Vanessa who has no personality whatsoever. If she cares for him, why doesn't she put some makeup on and a sexy nighty and jump on him? Don't these couples know how to have a little fun and laugh? Vanessa, stop looking down and start communicating. Scream, yell, laugh .. Do SOMETHING. Stop being a downer. Ashley is hopeless. I can't understand why she is wasting everyone's time by being on this show. I can't look at that puss anymore. I loved, loved, loved it when Neil told Sam he didn't miss her. Up your ass Sam. You had that coming since day one. I hate to be mean, but, I hope these three guys get a divorce. These girls are not appealing in any way and they didn't even try to make a go of it. The 3 "experts" definitely have to go. Everything about this show was horrible.

• Love 14

Dear tv gods, thank you for inspiring Ashley to wear Capri leggings on the obstacle course rather than her usual crotch-couture.

This episode was endless...and forced...and boring. Btw, why didn't Sam attend Neil's family wedding in Vegas? I'm sure she could have taken the time off. Was it to set up the "not missing you" redemption arc that followed?

All these people are placing way too much importance on gifts and getaways and tokens of appreciation. But of course what else could the cameras be filming without the fillers? Nothing is really working out with the six.

Nola the Dog has a huge personality. Adorbs.

Shut up Dr Epstein. Your empty words do not relate to any reality I'm witnessing on my screen.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

The "experts" really didn't see that Neil is a sociopath!?! I've seen it since the first episode .

And, David completely disgust me with his lies and excuses. I thought he was being patient and sweet(what Ashley needs), but his true colors showed with him trying to hook up with another girl.

When is this season over?  It feels like I've been watching this show for six months straight.

The preview for next week said "Part 1". They're going to make us suffer through this crap for two more weeks? THEN the reunion show? Good grief.

• Love 4

OMG .. Can't wait for this show to end. Kiss Ass David comes home to "Zombie" Ashley, and he's still trying to make a go of it? Then you have Vanessa who has no personality whatsoever. If she cares for him, why doesn't she put some makeup on and a sexy nighty and jump on him? Don't these couples know how to have a little fun and laugh? Vanessa, stop looking down and start communicating. Scream, yell, laugh .. Do SOMETHING. Stop being a downer. Ashley is hopeless. I can't understand why she is wasting everyone's time by being on this show. I can't look at that puss anymore. I loved, loved, loved it when Neil told Sam he didn't miss her. Up your ass Sam. You had that coming since day one. I hate to be mean, but, I hope these three guys get a divorce. These girls are not appealing in any way and they didn't even try to make a go of it. The 3 "experts" definitely have to go. Everything about this show was horrible.

Love it and agree with everything. Sometimes it's like Vanessa is sedated or something. She reacts so slowly to stuff Tres does; especially nice stuff. She is going to scare Tres off and already had since he wants to keep their separate houses/apartments as back up. Vanessa will run to hers to sulk the first time they have a fight. And they can't keep their current house cuz it's near a road so it doesn't feel cozy or homey? Who are these spoiled people nit picking these nice houses? Neil and Sam did the same with their first (perfectly nice) house before! Yeah I get these are short term rentals but the bland reasons they are making them use to move out of these houses are so lame. Coming from a Canadian city where houses are so expensive that most people are either in debt up to their eyeballs or are stuck in the rental cycle forever it makes me mad to see them seem so spoiled that these nice houses are dismissed so flippantly like they are unworthy of living In! Really?! And of course Sam had a major tantrum when Neil didn't say he missed her. She has been mean to him and it was one day; why would he miss her? She should have done some self reflection rather than having a hissy fit. Also it was funny to me he got her some (they were cute) trinkets and she is crying and kissing him and seems to suddenly have feelings that have been missing the whole time ? I am sorry; she has issues: big ones; If Neil stays with her he will always walk on eggshells . Ashely and David. Snore. Ashely is just pretending to let the textgate thing go and that cheek kiss? It's all the path of least resistance so she can wind the clock out. So obvious. David is so doggedly optimistic that he borders on delusional.

Edited by Leanne
  • Love 11

in regards to him saying he didn't miss Sam: when he returned he said, "I saw that that hurt her" instead of himself feeling bad for hurting her. He is observing emotions, but not showing or feeling any himself. He is acting like he think he should for the situations, but you can see there is no real emotions in him.

• Love 4

Hey, Neil: Sam doesn't "miss" you. She just wants you to want her, because that gives her all the control over you. She'll do what she has to do to make you want her, and then she'll go right back to treating you like shit again. Don't believe me? Just watch.

• Love 14

Yes, Vanessa is reacting from her baggage, but Tres is totally playing her in that scene.  He is BSing her with that salesman schmooze like he can swear that everything's going to be the same even if they keep their separate apartments.  But Tres, you know that's not how it works.  If you're committing yourself to someone you don't have an escape hatch ready "just in case" and you don't get around it being an escape hatch by calling it something else, because that's just salesman bullshit like calling a piece of dirt a diamond.  Seriously.  I don't blame Vanessa for being sullen.  And then he reacts to her like she's being all sullen and he has a hard time talking to someone who's that sullen like he has no fucking clue WHY she might be that way?  Give me a break, I'm not buying it.  He just wants her to feel to blame for reacting to his BS appropriately as BS.

Neil are you just getting Sam back for being a bitch?  Wow, I actually think he was even if he didn't realize it consciously.  Because he said later with Jamie that he really thought Sam was going to say "no" to missing him and that's the only reason he said "no".  Really - So he WAS trying to get her back by saying that.  Because I don't see how it would be possible for him to ask her whether she misses him without setting her up for something.  Perhaps this is a sign of hope that he's just biding his time and won't want to continue past the 6 week mark.  If he dares to do that, because now that she is warming up to him in her own sicko abusive way he would have to let her down and risk her wrath.  Her feelings are obviously genuine and he's completely shocked by it.  Who could blame him after all those weeks of abuse?  I'm still hoping he runs.

Ashley and David - I like what Dr. Pepper said, she is obviously on David's side and echoes what a lot of us said about how she couldn't blame David for acting out given all he's put up with with Ashley totally shutting him out for over a month.  Thank you, Dr. Pepper for agreeing with me!  She even said that Ashley has totally opted out.  But she says it so matter-of-factly like it's just another fact on the table, not like POOR DAVID GOT ROYALLY SCREWED BY THIS DISINGENUOUS BITCH, which would IMO actually be a more appropriate response.  These two are so over, there needs to be a new word for "over".

• Love 12

What kind of mind game is Neil playing with Sam? Why ask her if she missed you if you were going to coldly tell her that you didn't miss her? The whole scene was weird as hell! Then he buys her a bunch of presents and she's weeping like a baby and hanging all over him. What the freak was that about?

It's obvious that he's still not over the crappy way she treated him in the beginning but he likes to pretend that everything is okay while he's secretly seething on the inside. It's a little creepy.

I think Vanessa was dipping into the Tres Benadryl because she looked half a sleep through this entire episode. She seems like a nice enough person but somewhat dull. She always looks like she's on the verge of taking a nap. For some reason her little dog annoys me too (sorry dog lovers.)

Same old shit with David and Ashley, there's no hope there. She looked somewhat happier but only because the six weeks is almost up. The tree place looked cool though.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 9

David said he and Ashley spooned and kissed off camera? He said it to Jamie after the show. Is this one of his delusions?

That was odd.  At the squirrel place he said that was the first time Ashley kissed him was right before he jumped (he asked for a kiss, pointed to his cheek and Ashley obliged).  Then he says to Jamie that he and Ashley kissed after polishing off 2 bottles of wine while in bed and that they even spooned.  Guess that was after squirrel mountain.

• Love 1

This episode was the first time I saw Neil really smile and it was when he was giving her the gifts. Holy crap I almost cried seeing him smile after all Sam's put him through. He put so much thought into those gifts and they were specially picked just for her. She gave him wedding photos which we KNOW are provided by production cuz they provide those every season. She sure as hell didn't get those for Neil. So whatever...she plans the trip "for Neil" and they go fishing because she likes fishing. Um, explain to me how that was a trip for him. We've never seen her do a single thing for him that would match the thoughtfulness of the gifts he gave her. She's such a self-centered shithead she doesn't have the slightest clue about what he likes.

I also gotta believe she was genuinely shaken up that Neil didn't miss her. He totally stumbled into that and I LMAO at her reaction! It was way cool to see him be a bit of an asshole by saying he didn't miss her. She just now realized he isn't charmed by her so she's gonna toss him some affection scraps to reel him back in. It's so obvious it's another one of her control traps. Run, Neil!

• Love 14

If Neil didn't get that telling Sam he didn't miss her would hurt her feelings, then he is a Sheldon Cooper.  I get a deliberate obtuse vibe from Neil.  He says things very flatly with little affect and then does his wide eyed "what" routine.  I think he still harbors some anger at how poorly Sam treated him on camera the first 4 weeks and he does these passive aggressive snipes.

Tres does all the right things 'on paper'.  But it must seem insincere to Vanessa.  I can understand why he wouldn't want to give up his apartment.  But if he's really into Vanessa, one of them should move in with the other.  Paying for 3 places doesn't make sense.  Living in one and subletting the other one does.  Glad Tres thought Vanessa was being caring about his allergic reaction.  It didn't come across that way to me while they were on horseback.  She must have stepped it up.  Hope Nola didn't leave 'presents' behind at the B&B.

David doesn't apologize well.  Sorry but.  Sorry if.  Nope.  Just stop at Sorry. 

What was so frustrating to his brother and sister about Ashley not going to Buffalo?  He mentioned it at least 2x saying they were frustrated and then he said he was frustrated.  Were his siblings frustrated at a potential lack of camera time?  What's frustrating about someone not coming to visit when they aren't staying with you?  Annoying. Irritating.  OK.  Frustrating?  Weird.

I like Squirrel Park (or whatever it was called).  Reminds me of the corporate challenges we used to have to do.  Maybe that's something they should schedule earlier, like week 3.  Build trust and teamwork exercises.

Spiritual adviser Greg Epstein.  Yawn.

• Love 5

That was odd. At the squirrel place he said that was the first time Ashley kissed him was right before he jumped (he asked for a kiss, pointed to his cheek and Ashley obliged). Then he says to Jamie that he and Ashley kissed after polishing off 2 bottles of wine while in bed and that they even spooned. Guess that was after squirrel mountain.

If the spooning thing is true, that's some huge tease from Ashley isn't it? They're so close to six-week decision day, right? She knows damn well she's not going to have sex with him. Why spooning at week 5.5? She continues to astound me.

Of course I'm waiting for her to deny the spooning thing though. Unless she thinks it's another illustration of how HARD she tried. You know, like wearing her wedding ring.

Oh, re Sam's "gifts" of wedding photos? Lol. How about some frames for those puppies? Maybe that would have shown a modicum of thoughtfulness. I think even production could not be assed to go along with the charade.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 7

I like this season because it's NOT Season 2.  It's maybe 50% reality IMO.

Vanessa and Tres are cute and romantic, but so boring to me that I can hardly stand to watch their segments. *shiver*

On the other hand, David and Ashley and Sam and Neil provide some real entertainment.  

I hope next year there is a guy who is not attracted to the girl and can't stand for her to touch him. Just so we don't fall into a rut.

• Love 5

If the spooning thing is true, that's some huge tease from Ashley isn't it? They're so close to six-week decision day, right? She knows damn well she's not going to have sex with him. Why spooning at week 5.5? She continues to astound me.

Of course I'm waiting for her to deny the spooning thing though. Unless she thinks it's another illustration of how HARD she tried. You know, like wearing her wedding ring.

Maybe David asked for a spooning session?  It doesn't fit the narrative he's been giving us or what he just said on this episode. Not really believable that she'd spoon and make-out with him now.

• Love 1

Neil are you just getting Sam back for being a bitch?  Wow, I actually think he was even if he didn't realize it consciously.  Because he said later with Jamie that he really thought Sam was going to say "no" to missing him and that's the only reason he said "no".  Really - So he WAS trying to get her back by saying that.  Because I don't see how it would be possible for him to ask her whether she misses him without setting her up for something.  Perhaps this is a sign of hope that he's just biding his time and won't want to continue past the 6 week mark.  If he dares to do that, because now that she is warming up to him in her own sicko abusive way he would have to let her down and risk her wrath.  Her feelings are obviously genuine and he's completely shocked by it.  Who could blame him after all those weeks of abuse?  I'm still hoping he runs.

What kind of mind game is Neil playing with Sam? Why ask her if she missed you if you were going to coldly tell her that you didn't miss her? The whole scene was weird as hell! Then he buys her a bunch of presents and she's weeping like a baby and hanging all over him. What the freak was that about?

It's obvious that he's still not over the crappy way she treated him in the beginning but he likes to pretend that everything is okay while he's secretly seething on the inside. It's a little creepy.

I thought that Neil was just reacting to Sam - he asked if she missed him, and she responded by laughing at him, saying that was "weird" and then turning the question back on him without answering herself.  So it seemed to me that he said No because he figured that's what she would have said, and ended up hurting her feelings :)  Ha ha.

• Love 17

This episode was the first time I saw Neil really smile and it was when he was giving her the gifts. Holy crap I almost cried seeing him smile after all Sam's put him through. He put so much thought into those gifts and they were specially picked just for her. She gave him wedding photos which we KNOW are provided by production cuz they provide those every season. She sure as hell didn't get those for Neil. So whatever...she plans the trip "for Neil" and they go fishing because she likes fishing. Um, explain to me how that was a trip for him. We've never seen her do a single thing for him that would match the thoughtfulness of the gifts he gave her. She's such a self-centered shithead she doesn't have the slightest clue about what he likes.

I also gotta believe she was genuinely shaken up that Neil didn't miss her. He totally stumbled into that and I LMAO at her reaction! It was way cool to see him be a bit of an asshole by saying he didn't miss her. She just now realized he isn't charmed by her so she's gonna toss him some affection scraps to reel him back in. It's so obvious it's another one of her control traps. Run, Neil!

Narcissist are like that; even when it's about you it's about them. At least she is trying to be nice but she can't help being totally self centered. Neil not feeding into her ego was a great way to capture her interest. I don't think Neil did it consciously but it worked to make her want to get his attention.

BTW, I think Neil is thining out his beard and he looking much better to me. It was too dark before and dominating his face. He could thin out even more for a more balanced look. I think the show should do makeovers for all brides and grooms to enhance their features and figures (buy them a few flattering clothes too). Good hair cuts help. Spend some good money for quality help. That would replace this seasons terrible shorts. David's hair makeover would really help but no I don't think they should dye his hair dark. (would low lights added be acceptable?). Would you want them to meet the made over brides or grooms at the altar instead?

• Love 6

Tres and Vanessa: there is literally no hope. Tres was never interested in the marriage and he's not even capable or willing to make future plans. However what he is doing, is making sure that Vanessa comes across as the insecure one that caused the split to happen. Crafty. Vanesa stated that Tres (off camera) gave different answers with regards to their future living situation. (On camera) Tres wants to make sure that Vanessa is seen as the drama queen that sees problmes everywhere. What a catch. 

I'm hoping that editing can explain David's "I'm falling for her". or that the producers are holding a gun to his head to force him to say this bullshit. Dude, she doesn't even want to be in the same room as you and she's a bitch. What are you falling for?

Neil and Sam might as well be actors at this point. Everything is so fake with their segment. Production are really pushing the "changed Sam" scenario and I'm not buying one second of it. 

Next episode is gonna be a snoozfest, with 3/4 of this content recaping the season. I'm so ready for the reunion. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 9

Those questioning Tres are starting to make me think. He does kinda seem like he is using schmoozy techniques with Vanessa. If he was really into her he wouldn't be suggesting they each keep their own apartments as back ups. That wouldn't even be financially sustainable long term so that tells me he isn't all in on this at all. Vanessa has her issues for sure but I am really starting to think he is just using the skills on her that he uses to sell cars. Some of the others on the show are so awful and dysfunctional that tres has slipped under my radar a bit. I also thought he really must have not been feeling well to bail on that wine tasting. Ha!

• Love 8

Seemed Tres wanted to wait until after decision day to decide on living arrangements. Makes sense to me since she's the one who has had so many problems with nearly everything he says and everything he does. It would be strange if the other two couples settled into their happily ever after homes before that day; same with Tres. While Ashley does nothing and Sam has a history of detonating, Vanessa has gotten her nose out of joint over his "acting single" before the show, going out with his father and uncle and being home in bed before her, that he has a friend who is a GIRL, heaven forbid, from college days, that he didn't go with her to the vet, that he didn't pledge his undying love when the love word came up at the party, that she likes to shut down and pout rather than talk about what flew up her nose and that leaving to go home was her idea of problem solving. How the heck should he know what she will say on D-Day? Keep the place, Tres.

• Love 17

Seemed Tres wanted to wait until after decision day to decide on living arrangements. Makes sense to me since she's the one who has had so many problems with nearly everything he says and everything he does. It would be strange if the other two couples settled into their happily ever after homes before that day; same with Tres. While Ashley does nothing and Sam has a history of detonating, Vanessa has gotten her nose out of joint over his "acting single" before the show, going out with his father and uncle and being home in bed before her, that he has a friend who is a GIRL, heaven forbid, from college days, that he didn't go with her to the vet, that he didn't pledge his undying love when the love word came up at the party, that she likes to shut down and pout rather than talk about what flew up her nose and that leaving to go home was her idea of problem solving. How the heck should he know what she will say on D-Day? Keep the place, Tres.

Amen. Vanessa started off great, but the constant questioning everything he does, then pouting about it, has to be exhausting. Can't blame his "wait and see" attitude.

• Love 8

Someone that gives you different answers when you ask them the same question is unreliable and fake. My issue with Tres is that he's unreliable and fake. Take a stand. Say something and mean it. This has nothing to do with Vanessa being insecure.

If he doesn't want to live with her, ever, then he should say it. This whole relationship is Tres doing implicit things so Vanessa knows he's not into her. But he's a coward and won't tell her straigh up he doesn't want her. He doesn't have to like vanessa; He doen't have to live with her. He doesn't have to put up with her insecurities (who are in my opinion exagerated by the show, Tres and the experts). But the right thing to do is to tell the girl and put her out of her misery. Stringing her along is cruel. 

Seemed Tres wanted to wait until after decision day to decide on living arrangements. Makes sense to me since she's the one who has had so many problems with nearly everything he says and everything he does. It would be strange if the other two couples settled into their happily ever after homes before that day; same with Tres. 

She was roasted for speaking about the drinking incident and now worrying about their living arrangements. On the 4th of july episode, she was roasted for not communicating. So what does Vanessa do? if she doesn't communicate her feelings she's insecure and has abandonment issues. When she does, she's insecure , has abandonment issues and finds a problem with Tres. Vanessa is not allowed to have an opinion about their marriage I guess. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 7

If Neil didn't get that telling Sam he didn't miss her would hurt her feelings, then he is a Sheldon Cooper.  I get a deliberate obtuse vibe from Neil.  He says things very flatly with little affect and then does his wide eyed "what" routine.  I think he still harbors some anger at how poorly Sam treated him on camera the first 4 weeks and he does these passive aggressive snipes.

Hah, I likened Neil to Sheldon Cooper last week myself, although in this case I agree with you that he is definitely being deliberately obtuse.  I think he's amping up the flat affect not to get emotionally entangled with Sam because as you say he's still harboring some anger and mistrust of her for the way she's treated him over the month they've been together.  It's still hard to tell which way he's going to go.  I'm starting to wonder if he really starts to believe she's into him he might cave and give her a chance past the 6 weeks but I'm still hoping he doesn't fall for it and runs.  I can see the two of them being friends but in a relationship it would be very unhealthy for Neil especially.

Someone that gives you different answers when you ask them the same question is unreliable and fake. My issue with Tres is that he's unreliable and fake. Take a stand. Say something and mean it. This has nothing to do with Vanessa being insecure.

If he doesn't want to live with her, ever, then he should say it. This whole relationship is Tres doing implicit things so Vanessa knows he's not into her. But he's a coward and won't tell her straigh up he doesn't want her. He doesn't have to like vanessa; He doen't have to live with her. He doesn't have to put up with her insecurities (who are in my opinion exagerates by the show, Tres and the experts). But the right thing to do is to tell the girl and put her out of her misery. Stringing her along is cruel.

Bingo!  That's it exactly.  I don't think Vanessa could ever get a straight answer out of him, that's how much of a schmooze artist he is.  I admit Vanessa has her issues and would read into a guy's actions or lack thereof, but in this case it's so extreme and I even see it myself, so I can't fault her for feeling insecure.  He would make me feel insecure too and I don't even have abandonment issues like she does!  Tres' behavior is probably designed to push Vanessa into being the one that is unhappy with the relationship and doesn't want to move on.  Rather than look like the "bad guy" and let her down directly, he does it in an implied way giving her just enough reason to doubt his investment in her so that she'll be the one to act all sullen and want to end things.  He's probably another one who would justify his lack of directness by saying he "didn't want to hurt her feelings", but as I've said before, people who do that are rarely interested in protecting anyone's feelings but their own by protecting their image.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 4

I thought this episode was SO boring. The only slightly interesting thing was when Neil said he didn't miss Sam and she got all in her feelings, because I thought that was funny. And I can see why he'd think she didn't miss him, given the way she's treated him so far and the fact that, when he asked if she missed him, she said it was "weird" that he asked and deflected the question. I fast-forwarded through chunks of it.

I've been watching this on A&E, not FYI, so it sounds like I'm not getting the after shows (the A&E airings are an hour). I'm not inclined to seek them out.

Ashley: "We're in a really good place, the decision is a lot to think about." GIRL PLEASE. You are dumping him. You know it, I know it, David knows it, everyone watching knows it. You ain't slick.

• Love 12

Yes, Vanessa is reacting from her baggage, but Tres is totally playing her in that scene.  He is BSing her with that salesman schmooze like he can swear that everything's going to be the same even if they keep their separate apartments.  But Tres, you know that's not how it works.  If you're committing yourself to someone you don't have an escape hatch ready "just in case" and you don't get around it being an escape hatch by calling it something else, because that's just salesman bullshit like calling a piece of dirt a diamond.  Seriously.  I don't blame Vanessa for being sullen.  And then he reacts to her like she's being all sullen and he has a hard time talking to someone who's that sullen like he has no fucking clue WHY she might be that way?  Give me a break, I'm not buying it.  He just wants her to feel to blame for reacting to his BS appropriately as BS.

Ashley and David - I like what Dr. Pepper said, she is obviously on David's side and echoes what a lot of us said about how she couldn't blame David for acting out given all he's put up with with Ashley totally shutting him out for over a month.  Thank you, Dr. Pepper for agreeing with me!  She even said that Ashley has totally opted out.  But she says it so matter-of-factly like it's just another fact on the table, not like POOR DAVID GOT ROYALLY SCREWED BY THIS DISINGENUOUS BITCH, which would IMO actually be a more appropriate response.  These two are so over, there needs to be a new word for "over".

I completely agree with this. Tres has proved that he is, indeed, a good salesman -- but not good husband material. And he even said he was going to write a book! (I think he was only half kidding...)

The David/Ashley thing is obvious. It doesn't matter why he texted that girl, because his marriage is on paper only. 

As for Neil -- I think it's true that he said 'no' because Sam refused to answer his question until he answered it - and he undoubtedly expected her to either say, 'no', or to refuse to answer at all.

• Love 4

I've been thinking that Tres is fake for a while now. With how obsessed he is with promoting himself on Instagram, etc. it shouldn't be wrong at all if V has a question and wants reassurance. Ya'll need to understand that she doesn't know him fully. I think something behind the scenes was happening bc she hinted that there's a reason she's always questioning him. It's so annoying how she's coming off as (excuse my language) a bitch or insecure.

• Love 4

Tres and Vanessa - Seriously I cannot take listening to 'hee hee hee awww....hee hee hee  awww...hee hee hee awww' from Vanessa anymore.  It's becoming where that's all I hear from her.  At first just the nervous laughter after every spoken thought was annoying but now I am also obsessing over her saying 'awww' all the time as well.  And I am sick of her and the producers/experts using her daddy trust issues as a crutch to explain away her attitude.  Fine, you have trust issues because of your horrible father.  Well get some therapy and deal with it and don't let it poison and project it to every other person that tries to get close to you...we all have issues and baggage from our past.  That said...Tres is soooooo done.  His explanation of keeping the lease of his apartment was lame and unconvincing.  And there is no reason for them to look for another place UNTIL the decision.  If Vanessa was pushing this, then it was a test to see what Tres' thinking was for a decision.  Also his talking head when he was explaining his thoughts for the producers planning (oh right....HIS planning) the winery trip was something like 'whatever time we have left, I just want the two of us to have fun'.   In other words, 'rather than talk about a new place which will never happen, lets just have fun before we part ways'

Sam and Neil - as echoed by other posters Sam is still an overbearing bitch however, I don't understand why Neil would be the one to initiate a leading question such as 'Do you miss me?' if he wasn't going to respond 'I miss you too' (I believe this was a 'first' in the history of the English language).  And his explanation as to why he asked it and the surprise that Sam would react badly is puzzling.

Ashley and David - Listen....I like David and he did not deserve this horrific pairing but jeez dude....grow a pair and open your eyes.  You are fighting a battle that you lost the second she laid eyes on you. 

• Love 5

I hope this is just for the cameras, but it appears that Tres is constantly coming home with flowers, gifts, romantic gestures....I hope Vanessa realizes that everyday marriage is not going to be a parade of gift giving, flowers, etc....hard to figure these two out, and my conclusion is the show is very severely edited and were missing a lot.

• Love 4

Neil is the same in his talking heads now as he was before he got married.

I think it is a shame that a calm, mature and emotionally stable person gets

labeled as having a psychiatric or personality disorder.

His family history and cultural background may give him a different perspective

on arranged marriages.  I see him as wiling to be patient and give the

marriage a longer chance to work than seems reasonable to the rest of us.

• Love 17

I have a difficult time faulting Tres for not wanting to give up their respective apartments quite yet. After all, while the 6 week mark is their first opportunity to divorce, it's not as though they can't later make that decision...e.g. Jacklyn and Basement Ryan and Jessica and Ryan. Let's face it...6 weeks, with cameras, etc, is not much on which to base a permanent decision about staying married. Thus, I really don't see it as Tres not being all in, but more as Tres being realistic and pragmatic. Plus, we only saw a couple minutes of what was probably a lengthy conversation. Then again, as I've said before, I like Tres, a lot, in spite of myself. (-:

Edited by MommyToMyCats
  • Love 8

I'm hoping that editing can explain David's "I'm falling for her". or that the producers are holding a gun to his head to force him to say this bullshit. Dude, she doesn't even want to be in the same room as you and she's a bitch. What are you falling for?

Exactly! David is losing me with this BS. No, you're not falling for "your wife" .You wouldn't be texting another woman and asking her out if you were (not that I blame him). She won't look at you, touch you, smile at you, or barely even have a conversation with you. You disgust her for no apparent reason that I can see. It's her problem, not yours. 

Neil and Sam- I can't put my finger on it but there is something really off with Neil. He blurts things out without thinking first. I have a brother like that. It's weird. And it's so nice to see Sam put forth a bit of effort by taking those wedding pics and placing them all over the house. WTH that must of taken all of 60 seconds to do. I just can't with either one of them. 

Vanessa and Trey- All of a sudden Vanessa doesn't like that adorable house, it's too close to the street. What a bunch of spoiled bitches this season. Vanessa doesn't seem to get excited about anything Trey does for her. He does the more thoughtful things than any of the other husbands and still she isn't satisfied. I'm not saying Trey is perfect, nobody is, but she needs to understand that everyday married life is not all wine and roses and surprises and ass kissing. Sometimes it sucks but if you genuinely love each other, it's worth working through it. 

• Love 3

It was weird that Neil asked Sam if she missed him, since he was going to say "no" if asked the same. At the same time, I think he was expecting her to make a snarky comment and was genuinely shocked that she seemed to care about his answer. For us viewers, though, it was yet another example of how Sam can dish it out but she can't take it.

Ashley is just gross to me, honestly. Between that moustache and the sourpuss expression and the wildly body-unconscious outfits, I just find myself repulsed. I know that, as a straight woman, I am not her target demographic, but if I were a dude I wouldn't bang that with someone else's D.

Vanessa is really annoying at this point. I couldn't believe it when she let her dog get up in Tres' face when he was laying there on the bed with an allergic reaction. That is almost literally the last thing anyone wants in their grill when they're sick with allergies: a fur-bearing mammal.

• Love 11

V&T - I remember T stating he wanted them to live together.  I agree that they shouldnt get rid of their apartments now.  I also thought that she SEEMS like his efforts are not enough.  the birthday gifts she did not seemed excited ( sould be because she had to replay for cameras) he cleaned the house before she got home for her, that wasnt mentioned even this weeks  trip "Oh that's nice ".  Others say she should stop watching the RCs real people don't get flowers, candy etc everyday. She SEEMS to expect so much from someone that is just beginning to get to know her. 

D&A - I know we are just being shown what the production wants us to see, but good grief. Dr Peppers visit was good, but it seemed to me that she finished with saying something like he needed to do stuff for A.  I cant remember. He has said before that he is afraid of heights, so you go someplace you have to climb up to jump down!!  I have liked him from the start and weekly I like her so much less.  We all know how this will end

S&N - This was the most interesting couple this week.  N asked S if she missed him and she said that was a weird question !!!!  Then she asked him and he said no.   She quickly said that hurt her feelings, he shouldnt have been so blunt, she chastised him and kept on.  He even apologized and she kept going and used that to get off the phone.  Proceeded to have a hissy fit and tantrum.  "For HIm" she places pictures on the table and mantle, no frames, I guess since its a rental they cant hang pictures on the walls. they go fishing because she likes to fish.  we have not seen them do anything he likes to do, cook what he likes, Anything he likes.  He needs to run

• Love 4

Re ClareWalks' post, that is one of the things that mystifies me about Ashley. I mean, what does she care about? She seems to have given no thought to how she would look on screen, in her character, personality, and appearance. I guess all she was thinking about at the time was getting through the six weeks. So weird to me.

• Love 5

For the first time, I just couldn't watch the whole show.  Everything annoyed me.  Especially Ashley.  If she says one more time how something was awkward, or she was uncomfortable, or she feels pressured, or she needs time to think, I'm going to scream.  This girl probably has to plan when she takes a dump, you know...because she needs time to think about it, she doesn't want to feel pressure, it's uncomfortable.......alright, I know I'm being crude.

• Love 7