Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Last Chance At Romance

• Start Topic

I don't know where people are seeing the negative traits in Tres. I see a young man that wants to take things slowly.

I think that most of us don't view Tres negatively but we feel that maybe he is not ready for marriage at this time in his life and certainly not in this type of scenario.  Plus I believe that early on we mostly saw Vanessa as a well put together girl completely ready for marriage and a great candidate for this 'experiment' while Tres was while being honest with his past, someone who may have been convinced to do this rather than really wanting to do this.  Over the course of the series, I think we are mostly seeing that Vanessa has a lot of larger issues that therapy would cure a whole lot better than an instant marriage to someone she expects to be her ideal of perfect. Tres may have made some missteps, for the most part he seems as if he can learn from them and grow as a person.

In the end, I think that Tres may be better off in learning about himself and what it takes to be married after this.  And I do believe that one day he does have the ability to make a great husband.  While Vanessa is going to look at this as yet another betrayal and that all men will fail her...and that's sad.

• Love 8

I don't know where people are seeing the negative traits in Tres. I see a young man that wants to take things slowly.

He's on the wrong show then. Married at first sight should only be an option if you are serious about being married and making decisions accordingly. Tres is fine with dating Vanessa. Vanessa wants Tres to act like he is married.

Sam can barely brush her hair and probably doesn't even wash her body. She has been vile to Neil from day one. However, Neil still felt very strongly about the marriage and living together. Tres that hasn't been through half of what David and Neil but complains about his wife being demanding because she's wondering about their future. A legitimate quesiton for a married couple. Again Vanessa never said she wanted them to break their leases but the salesman has convinced everyone that she suggested it. He planted another seed and it's working, yet again. 

• Love 2

I believe that Tres is doing what we have said the other couples should do, asking questions and trying to start a dialog about what he wants and needs in a marriage and her wants and needs too. Unfortunately, Vanessa just can't open up to him. I have found that men need you to be specific with them, they aren't real good at reading between the lines. I have been disappointed with her reaction to his gifts, maybe she doesn't trust his intentions but girl the man gives great gifts. An allergic reaction is nothing to sneeze at (see what I did there). Tres should have gone to an urgent care clinic and been treated.

David has been clear that he is not good at dating. Why would he all of a sudden ask someone out on a date when he is married? I think maybe the girl misinterpreted his invitation for drinks and like the telephone game by the time it got back to Ashley it was a hook up. Whether you like him or not,David is just screwed no matter what he does. Ashley and Sean would have been a good couple, they could sit around and go ummm and okay and just show up for filming (just kidding).

I hope that Sam and Neil did other things in Savannah it is a great romantic place to go. They puzzle me, I'm not sure what I am seeing, the real or the edited. One thing I think is that Sam is breaking either from stress or Stockholm syndrome.

• Love 4

Wow! They sure are dragging this season out. I love how the editing is trying to make us believe there's still a chance of all couples saying "yes" at the end of the 6 weeks. I hope none of them do. The "experts" really did screw the pooch this season. These are all mismatches IMO, and I think they should go to a computer matchmaking program for next season and let the experts make their money out in the real world.

Tres and Vanessa: Tres should be up for sainthood based on what I've seen this season. Maybe he's getting a good edit and maybe things will come out later, but I think Tres has been nothing but a perfect gentleman and has put the most effort into this experiment this season. I just don't see the smarmy player that some others have seen. He's actually been one of the best men I've ever seen on a reality show. So he has friends who are females? Big deal. So he thinks that he and Vanessa should keep their apartments? That's smart. Tres and Vanessa could be great together, but I agree that she will sabotage this relationship somehow. It really does seem like Tres' efforts are wasted on her. If he can do all he's doing and still not meet her expectations as a husband, there's no chance for anyone. Yes, abandonment issues are tough to deal with, but Vanessa seems to have a partner who will communicate and be patient with her. If she lightens up and gets the bug out of her butt, these two could make it. I just don't think she will.

Neil and Sam: I loved Neil's deadpan "no" when Sam asked if she missed him. I respected his bluntness there. Why would he miss her? The poor guy probably needed a break and Las Vegas is a fun city. Sam predictably got all butt hurt when she didn't hear what she wanted, and I thought she was going to throw all his stuff out. Neil saved their relationship with all those weird gifts he gave her. If he didn't make that overture and apologize, it would be over. I wish for Neil's sake that he would've stuck to his guns and stood behind his honesty, but he caved in typical Neil fashion. Sam could hit Neil in the face with a frying pan and nothing would happen, but Neil is expected to walk on eggshells for her. If he falls out of line, Sam will react accordingly. That'd be such a shitty way to live for Neil if he decides to proceed with this marriage. They went fishing because Sam enjoys that activity. I see a pattern here with the Jewish cooking, painting, the silk exercising, and fishing. As long as they're doing what Sam wants to do and Neil says what Sam what's him to say, they're cool. When are they going to do what Neil wants to do? Let's see how Sam behaves at Neil's chosen activity. I predict she will make fun of it and ruin it for Neil.

David and Ashley: What can be said that hasn't already been said about these two? David is clearly being prodded by producers to fight for this marriage, but I gotta believe he doesn't actually think it's worth saving at this point. I wish these two could just be real with the cameras and themselves and say we're getting divorced at the end of this experiment, but I'm sure they're contractually obligated to keep the audience in suspense. They were mismatched. I can't blame the experts entirely here since Ashley said she wanted something different. No, she didn't. She wanted a supermodel with dark hair. She got David instead and he never stood a chance. David provided her with an easy out with this whole textgate situation.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 3

Sounds believable. I know when I want to get 'intel' on someone, I Facebook friend someone they tangentially know and then message them if I can call them up and ask them out for drinks without mentioning the purpose of the meet-up or the 'someone's name.  Because an acquaintance would surely have great insight. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. /s

• Love 2

David has been clear that he is not good at dating. Why would he all of a sudden ask someone out on a date when he is married? I think maybe the girl misinterpreted his invitation for drinks and like the telephone game by the time it got back to Ashley it was a hook up. Whether you like him or not,David is just screwed no matter what he does. 

Agree with the first sentence. And I think it answers the first question.  Maybe the acquaintance did misinterpret David's message but she supposedly sent screenshots to Ashley so not sure that qualifies for a game of telephone.  David by now (especially as a salesman) should know how to communicate and send a clear message / signal.  My opinion was that he was feeling this other girl out and was open to see where it would go. 10 to 1, this other girl is attractive.

• Love 2

Lovin' this, Pi! This is also the wildebeast who thinks it's a regular riot to remove parts from the banker's chair. smh

I can see how how Vanessa might dislike a man who got down on one knee at their wedding, and who brought her a corsage and who is always up for hugs and kisses, and who talks calmly when she's hurting and listens intently while she makes mountains out of mole hills and who doesn't lose his mind when she tells him to change, to act more like a married man, and who missed her when she stormed out like a child, and who wanted to be good at painting because painting is something she likes, and who keeps showing up with flowers, and who loves and trains her dog who is either being held by her or going to the bathroom in the house, and who has practically begged her to say how she feels about everything, and who has said in a talking head that he thinks she's "amazing" and has a good heart and who tries to plan things that she might like, and who was sweet when she was sick and who isn't allergic to cleaning and who looks deadly in a tux... It's that fake, phony, schmoozing, immature, not ready for marriage car salesman who was forced by producers to be nice!! Honestly, I sometimes think I'm watching a different show. It was nice reading your post. I agree with you.

When you describe him (accurately) like that, I almost want to marry him, myself.  Vanessa had better get herself together before this man slips through her fingers.

• Love 10

Too late, he is legally MARRIED. This is not a dating show.

He is legally married to a stranger. I surely don't expect him to be professing undying love after 5 weeks, or even 5 months. Tres might just about be the most normal person on this show. IMO, he is reacting the way a regular person would if they somehow ended up (had to be convinced) in this experiment with an attractive partner with positive traits. Vanessa's got a lot going for her, but I don't expect him to summon a deep love because some dubious "experts" matched him to his trauma mate. 

• Love 8

If I were an expert and questioned Ashley about David's text I would have asked her, "how do you know it was a date?"  What constitutes a date anyway?  Does the man have to pay to make it a date?  Once I was supposed to go out with a group, but no one showed except myself and a guy from our group.  We looked at each other and said, "so is this a date?"  

• Love 3

If I were an expert and questioned Ashley about David's text I would have asked her, "how do you know it was a date?"  What constitutes a date anyway?  Does the man have to pay to make it a date?  Once I was supposed to go out with a group, but no one showed except myself and a guy from our group.  We looked at each other and said, "so is this a date?"  

Sounds like an episode of Big Bang Theory when Leonard asks Penny out and she thinks it's a group outing when it was a date.  Leonard didn't make it clear that it was just the 2 of them and was a date in her mind.  Penny didn't think of a date because she had zero interest in dating any of them and they had always done things as a group.  WRT this show, this acquaintance that David reached out to wasn't in his (or their) immediate social circle and wasn't used to being asked to join in group activities by him. 

• Love 1

I think that most of us don't view Tres negatively but we feel that maybe he is not ready for marriage at this time in his life and certainly not in this type of scenario.  Plus I believe that early on we mostly saw Vanessa as a well put together girl completely ready for marriage and a great candidate for this 'experiment' while Tres was while being honest with his past, someone who may have been convinced to do this rather than really wanting to do this.  Over the course of the series, I think we are mostly seeing that Vanessa has a lot of larger issues that therapy would cure a whole lot better than an instant marriage to someone she expects to be her ideal of perfect. Tres may have made some missteps, for the most part he seems as if he can learn from them and grow as a person.

In the end, I think that Tres may be better off in learning about himself and what it takes to be married after this.  And I do believe that one day he does have the ability to make a great husband.  While Vanessa is going to look at this as yet another betrayal and that all men will fail her...and that's sad.

Because of this show, Tres is most likely a superstar and getting a lot of attention from females all over the world. Heck, I'd be tempted to add him to Facebook if I wasn't already an old married woman. I really like everything about Tres. If he and Vanessa don't stay together, I hope she understand that there's a line waiting outside his door. It may be the missed opportunity of a lifetime just because she couldn't rise above her hormonal slumps.

Sounds like an episode of Big Bang Theory when Leonard asks Penny out and she thinks it's a group outing when it was a date.  Leonard didn't make it clear that it was just the 2 of them and was a date in her mind.  Penny didn't think of a date because she had zero interest in dating any of them and they had always done things as a group.  WRT this show, this acquaintance that David reached out to wasn't in his (or their) immediate social circle and wasn't used to being asked to join in group activities by him. 

From what I understand, this 'acquaintance' is just a woman that he added to his Facebook. I don't think she had any knowledge about Ashley or about any of Ashley's friends. That sort of changed the scenario for me and I feel David just made up a convoluted story of pure bullshit so he wouldn't look like a jerk.

• Love 2

The way I understood it, David said he and the girl were already mutual Facebook friends, as was the girl with Ashley.  He said after hanging with his buddies and explaining how he had gotten not one word out of Ashely in the 4 weeks they were married, they asked if he and Ashley had any friends in common and, if they did, maybe that person could provide some insight into what the deal is with Ashley's personality.  So he looked on FB and found they had a mutual friend, so he messaged her.  How friendly this friend is/was with either of them is unknown.

And based on the part of the text message Ashley read out loud, I think that text convo went something like this:

David - So you do know Ashley?  What can you tell me about her?  I've gotten nowhere in 4 weeks.

FB friend - Ohhhh....Ashley!  I'll need a few hours and some drinks to tell you the whole story.

David - Well, I'll have to give you a call and ask you out for drinks

• Love 6

Because of this show, Tres is most likely a superstar and getting a lot of attention from females all over the world. Heck, I'd be tempted to add him to Facebook if I wasn't already an old married woman. I really like everything about Tres. If he and Vanessa don't stay together, I hope she understand that there's a line waiting outside his door. It may be the missed opportunity of a lifetime just because she couldn't rise above her hormonal slumps.

From what I understand, this 'acquaintance' is just a woman that he added to his Facebook. I don't think she had any knowledge about Ashley or about any of Ashley's friends. That sort of changed the scenario for me and I feel David just made up a convoluted story of pure bullshit so he wouldn't look like a jerk.

Also, he said nothing to Ashley when first confronted that she was a friend of hers and he was trying to get to know Ashley better.  The whole thing blew up in his face because the drink girl in question told Ashley's friend.

The way I understood it, David said he and the girl were already mutual Facebook friends, as was the girl with Ashley.  He said after hanging with his buddies and explaining how he had gotten not one word out of Ashely in the 4 weeks they were married, they asked if he and Ashley had any friends in common and, if they did, maybe that person could provide some insight into what the deal is with Ashley's personality.  So he looked on FB and found they had a mutual friend, so he messaged her.  How friendly this friend is/was with either of them is unknown.

And based on the part of the text message Ashley read out loud, I think that text convo went something like this:

David - So you do know Ashley?  What can you tell me about her?  I've gotten nowhere in 4 weeks.

FB friend - Ohhhh....Ashley!  I'll need a few hours and some drinks to tell you the whole story.

David - Well, I'll have to give you a call and ask you out for drinks

I think the text convo went nothing like that.  David never said he mentioned Ashley in the FB message to the other girl and acknowledged his word choice was bad.  Ashley said she had a screen shot of the message and her name wasn't mentioned.  The other girl supposedly didn't want to meet David and that's why she told Ashley's friend about it.  Your account puts it all on the other girl that it was her idea and neither David or Ashley made that claim. 

I think Ashley (or this girl) should show the screenshots.  All we have are what both David and Ashley said on the show and both said that David asked this girl if he could call her up and ask her out for drinks.  That they agree on.

• Love 2

There were a couple of scenes at Sam and Neil's new shared home, I think? The Skype session with Neil in Vegas and the homecoming with the gift exchanges.

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but at no time did I see Sam's dog, Marley, or her caged sugar gliders.

This is noteworthy to me because Sam's on-screen, stated excuse for insisting on the original relocation to HER condo rather to Neil's was that Neil's place didn't allow pets.

The relocation to a second marital home about 10 days before The End is, I think, a way to get us to believe that the Sam/Neil prospect is good. I don't believe it. Even IF they say yes after six weeks, no way they'll be staying in the newest place. Sam will go back to her animals and roommate, and Neil will return to his own place too. I hope they end it at six weeks though. Move on!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 2

There were a couple of scenes at Sam and Neil's new shared home, I think? The Skype session with Neil in Vegas and the homecoming with the gift exchanges.

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but at no time did I see Sam's dog, Marley, or her caged sugar gliders.

This is noteworthy to me because Sam's on-screen, stated excuse for insisting on the original relocation to HER condo rather to Neil's was that Neil's place didn't allow pets.

The relocation to a second marital home about 10 days before The End is, I think, a way to get us to believe that the Sam/Neil prospect is good. I don't believe it. Even IF they say yes after six weeks, no way they'll be staying in the newest place. Sam will go back to her animals and roommate, and Neil will return to his own place too. I hope they end it at six weeks though. Move on!

I never noticed either the dog or sugar gliders either. I didn't find the whole thing with Neil in the bed like he was "sleeping" to be very real. Plus the excuse that she went back to her place to sleep while he was away in Vegas. I would think if she knew he was coming back during that night and they really shared the place she would have been there. The only reason it seems they "moved" to this place was to act like they were moving in together because no way would she give Neil a key to her place and let him stay there. Then no way she would move to his because "they don't allow pets" but that is another excuse to use. I am one of those that hopes they end up it as well. This is not a good match at all. She literally is the worse person on this show IMO. 

• Love 4

I hope when they ask David if he wants to stay married he says" are you fucking kidding me" and runs screaming out of the room!

Instead, he'll say, "Of course! She's my wife!" Circular reasoning ftw!

in regards to him saying he didn't miss Sam: when he returned he said, "I saw that that hurt her" instead of himself feeling bad for hurting her. He is observing emotions, but not showing or feeling any himself. He is acting like he think he should for the situations, but you can see there is no real emotions in him.

I'd say Aspergers before sociopath, myself.
  • Love 4

I stopped watching the show a few weeks ago. I come here to read and laugh about your snarky comments but I cannot watch Neil letting himself be bullied by a horrible excuse of a woman and the same goes for the other guy David. I have watched all seasons and enjoyed them but this one is just not fun just annoying and once I am only annoyed I have learned it is better for me to call it quits.

• Love 2

If Vanessa doesn't want Tres - I'll take him, no questions asked. The guys is everything I've ever wanted in a guy. Vanessa wanted an Amazon package - the perfect husband delivered by the experts who at the same time will treat this like they have a decade long history. But they don't. I do think he's giving this a real shot - but at the same time he also considers the possibility they might not make it. And that's smart and has nothing to do with 'not being ready for marriage'. Vanessa's constant doubts and her abysmal communication skills are wearing him down and I understand that. It's like he has to be on a never-ending quest to convince her of his commitment and that's tiring, particularly if you don't have history to fall back on.

He's laid-back, he's sensitive, has a positive attitutde and is handsome to boot. What more can you wish for? Also, he seems like the only normal person on this show. David is delusional, Ashley is an ice-princess, Neil is a doormat, Sam is a sociopath and Vanessa has the communication skills of a toddler. I loved this pairing at first, but at this point I do no longer want them to make it, because I think Tres deserves better. He's a good guy, and with a good match he could just stay true to himself without matching some larger-than-life idea of what a husband should be.

• Love 5

Yes to all of the above. I hope he doesn't bail, though. I like her. Her problems are self-induced but may be fixable. She sometimes pulls an Ashley, where she says the right things in the THs but her actions don't match. Makes me nuts.

That said, I do believe I agreed to fight you for him, Light!

• Love 1

If Vanessa doesn't want Tres - I'll take him, no questions asked. The guys is everything I've ever wanted in a guy.

I've got first dibs on Neil. Love him! We can geek out into the sunset! Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 2

If Vanessa doesn't want Tres - Vanessa wanted an Amazon package - the perfect husband delivered by the experts who at the same time will treat this like they have a decade long history. But they don't. I do think he's giving this a real shot - but at the same time he also considers the possibility they might not make it. And that's smart and has nothing to do with 'not being ready for marriage'. Vanessa's constant doubts and her abysmal communication skills are wearing him down and I understand that. It's like he has to be on a never-ending quest to convince her of his commitment and that's tiring, particularly if you don't have history to fall back on.

He's laid-back, he's sensitive, has a positive attitutde and is handsome to boot. What more can you wish for? Also, he seems like the only normal person on this show.

I agree that Vanessa had expectations that were unrealistic. I think she expected to have a match that was 100%% serious about marriage. But little incidents piled on top of one another to where she was in a no win situation...and she felt duped. The first incident was finding out Tres was recruited as oppose to him seeking out this situation. The experts talked her down from that and she gives it a shot. Then he gets pass-out drunk which is another red flag. By this time she has slept with him and probably feeling a bit of buyers remorse. Then the experts and Tres talk her down from that disappointment only to have a cute "girlfriend visit at the party where Tres announces that love is a "big word". More feelings of buyers remorse. I think most women in that situation would feel hurt and it would take some time to get over. That's why the horseback riding trip was awkward. Vanessa wasn't over it and probably felt obligated to sleep with Tres on that trip since he went out of his way to plan it. Then the conversation about where to live just cemented the wall she put up. I think she realized then that she married someone who mostly just wanted to be on tv. Vanessa should have expected a better than 50% chance that her mate would be seeking the spotlight and a payday by doing the show. I think that she really regrets not taking it slower and is ultimately disappointed with herself. Tres is just a regular dude getting laid and having fun being on tv...and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by yes2me
  • Love 2

We're watching a different show. He had a friend of his over - a friend he's known for years. And he had once drinks with his father - that hardly equals going to a strip club three times a week. And how is being recruited his fault?

He's a regular guy looking for marriage and having a laid-back attitude - the type of person that is cool with everyone. In my book, a great person. Now Vanessa wants someone who's known her for about a minute to give up his old friends, his home and the person he is. Why? And please no "he's a married man now" stuff. There's nothing wrong with being like Tres and being married. Me personally, I'd love living with someone like that because although I'm different on my own, guys with this 'cool with everyone' vibe bring the best out of me. And even if she has legitimate concerns as to how serious he is - why not communicate them properly? She's always looking away from him, sulking and never communicating what is bothering her, although we've seen how much he's tried.

My prediction is they'll probably make the seeks-weeks-mark but will break up within a year. I like Vanessa and I was rooting for them, but she's so tiring, and I'm not even married to her. Leave the guy be. This is not 'the perfect husband, delivered to you by Amazon', this is an arranged marriaged on television and for that she got pretty lucky.

• Love 5

I think Vanessa brings a lot to the table and could make a good go of the marriage with some adjustments. She's smart, family-oriented, ambitious, likes to cook and entertain, and is good with money. Hell, Tres admitted that he regularly spends 300 a weekend at the bar and doesn't save, but Vanessa stated that she makes it a point to save 1000/month. They are physically attracted to each other and have both shown a willingness to do the necessary homework assignments. I'm sure that seeing herself on tv has highlighted her communication problems and she may also be willing to seek individual therapy to work on her abandonment issues. I find myself rooting for them and hope they gave it go once the cameras went away at 6-weeks and things returned to "normal."

• Love 3

I agree that Vanessa had expectations that were unrealistic. I think she expected to have a match that was 100%% serious about marriage. But little incidents piled on top of one another to where she was in a no win situation...and she felt duped. The first incident was finding out Tres was recruited as oppose to him seeking out this situation. The experts talked her down from that and she gives it a shot. Then he gets pass-out drunk which is another red flag. By this time she has slept with him and probably feeling a bit of buyers remorse. Then the experts and Tres talk her down from that disappointment only to have a cute "girlfriend visit at the party where Tres announces that love is a "big word". More feelings of buyers remorse. I think most women in that situation would feel hurt and it would take some time to get over. That's why the horseback riding trip was awkward. Vanessa wasn't over it and probably felt obligated to sleep with Tres on that trip since he went out of his way to plan it. Then the conversation about where to live just cemented the wall she put up. I think she realized then that she married someone who mostly just wanted to be on tv. Vanessa should have expected a better than 50% chance that her mate would be seeking the spotlight and a payday by doing the show. I think that she really regrets not taking it slower and is ultimately disappointed with herself. Tres is just a regular dude getting laid and having fun being on tv...and there's nothing wrong with that.

She is part of a show in which couples get married. Most people take marriage very seriously. How is it unrealistic to expect to be matched with a husband who is 100% about marriage? There is nothing wrong with getting laid and having fun, but again, this is not a light, dating show.

FWIW, I did think she was ridiculous getting upset about Tres having a female friend. I am a woman and most of my friends have always been male.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 4

I think it's unrealistic to think everyone chosen to be matched has honest motives about being married and being 100% because it's a reality show. And it's the 3rd season of this show in particular.

I do agree that Vanessa has really poor communication skills. She needs to grow a pair and tell Tres how she really feels. But in all honesty this is such a pressure cooker kind of situation where she probably doesn't have a lot of time to sort out her feelings to a place where she can communicate them properly. I was rooting for them early on but I see where her expectations are too unrealistic. Along with her poor communication skills and a husband as laid back as Tres...it likely won't work out.

• Love 1

Well, I am going on a blind date tonight. First date in over 40 years. (My husband died 20 years ago and I just never dated- had 2 kids to raise). I will try not to act like Ashley! This could be my "last chance for romance". Lol

• Love 23

Well, I am going on a blind date tonight. First date in over 40 years. (My husband died 20 years ago and I just never dated- had 2 kids to raise). I will try not to act like Ashley! This could be my "last chance for romance". Lol

You go, girl!!!

Don't worry, it would be next to impossible for a decent person to act like Ashley. I'm sure you don't have dead eyes and won't answer every question with ummm, or I don't know.

Have a great time!

You go, girl!!!

Don't worry, it would be next to impossible for a decent person to act like Ashley. I'm sure you don't have dead eyes and won't answer every question with ummm, or I don't know.

Have a great time!

• Love 6

You might not want to act like Sam either. ;)

All the best to you from here!!

• Love 8

Too late, he is legally MARRIED. This is not a dating show.

He is legally married to a stranger. I surely don't expect him to be professing undying love after 5 weeks, or even 5 months. Tres might just about be the most normal person on this show. IMO, he is reacting the way a regular person would if they somehow ended up (had to be convinced) in this experiment with an attractive partner with positive traits. Vanessa's got a lot going for her, but I don't expect him to summon a deep love because some dubious "experts" matched him to his trauma mate. 

IMHO, when you legally marry a stranger you should be "dating" them for 6 months to a year (getting to know them) to see if you can stay married.  The six week split is for Dave and Ashley since Ashley was not willing to have even a first date with Dave.  If it was a blind date she would have gone to the bathroom and walked out the door of the restaurant.  I hope that the other two couples can continue to "date" and learn more about each other an see if they are a longer term match.  The 6 week time should be focused not on having a perfect marriage and being in love but just seeing if the experiment should continue with out the stress of filming and facing an artificial time line.  The experts should be emphasizing for the couples to be considering whether they have potential to get closer and to like each other better.  I'd love it if the experts educated the couples on how arranged marriages work in other countries and what is the mindset of those arranged marriage couples.   Too high expectations will bomb married at first sight couples.  I fear that Tres and Vanessa had potential but unrealistic expectations will lead to their demise as a couple.  Sam and Neil may continue "dating".  Neil had the Mindset from the beginning given his family background and he is OK with a highly narcissistic partner.  

• Love 5

I don't expect Tres to be ready for love with Vanessa, but he should be ready for marriage and commitment.  I don't think Vanessa's expectations are too high for this show because it attempts to marry people, which means that before you even meet the person you have to be ready for marriage or what the HELL are you doing on this show???  Tres would not have been ready for marriage with any woman, IMHO, and that is what the issue is with him, not whether or not he is in love with Vanessa.  A guy who is not in love with you yet should still have been ready for marriage and a marital commitment before signing up for this show and if a woman expects him to be, she's not being "unrealistic".  That said, I think Tres wants to be ready but IMO I don't sense that he's there yet.  He's giving it all he's got but I don't think he will last very long.  As soon as their problems escalate he won't be able to honor the commitment because the strength of his commitment is just not there because he's not ready for one with any woman, let alone one he has issues with.  That's just my opinion.

• Love 4

I finally caught the episode. Boy that seemed a lot longer than an hour. Tres looked horrible, I felt bad for him. I got a strange kick out of Vanessa talking about how a wife should take care of her husband... cut to her passing him some benedryl (I'm assuming that's what it was) and reading dosage. Oh Vanessa. That's what anyone would do for a friend you were away with who ended up having that kind of reaction, that's not a 'wife thing'. Did anyone else catch her asking if he still wanted to go wine tasting? No, Vanessa, he clearly was in no condition for wine tasting. I know the goal isn't to get drunk but I wouldn't even think it would be entirely safe to go wine tasting if he's downing antihistamines and isn't exactly sure yet how bad of a reaction it could turn into. That said, I still think two are ultimately decent people. I'd like to see them give making it a shot, but I still don't think they can actually pull it off.

Neil asking Sam about missing him was weird. But I still can't passed how insulting she's been over the course of this thing, so, if he wanted to get her back a smidge, it's not the nicest thing to do, but not the worst. If they stay together he'll live a life on eggshells never knowing what extreme reaction he'll get from her. He still needs to run no matter what she may be claiming about liking him; especially once she gets comfortable with 'having' him. The idea that this could be Sam on her best (unstable) behavior even if she won't admit she may be right now because its new and all that, is scary.

David and Ashley... *yawn*

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

I think one of the strangest parts of Sam and Neils conversation was that Neil asked Sam if she missed him.  She then said that that was a weird question.   Why weird.  I was glad he said no when she then asked him.  then her temper tantrum after the comment showed she really hasn't changed that much

So...how was the date? Maybe we need to start a hoosiermom dating thread!

• Love 4

. It was ok. I think he was way too sophisticated and regimented for me but he was nice and so was I. I even hugged him after the date! Gasp!

Gaspppppp... you huggedddd.. But he is a stranger.. Sorry I couldn't help it

• Love 7

I have such a reaction to these people - and that bothers me because they are SO boring.  I couldn't be friends with any of them!

Vanessa - chill out and let the man like you!  Have you ever heard of a self fulfilling prophecy?  If you guard yourself because you do not want to be hurt if he leaves then he will leave because you never opened up! Girl puh-leez! Oh and by the way - he cannot read your mind!

Tres - she is needy as soon as you understand that you will figure out how to deal.  Don't stop being you! You deserve to hang out with friends - just because you are married does not mean you have to lose your identity!

Ashley - WHY!? Please tell me why you did this show!?  You are far to shallow to let someone pick for you - all you seem to be interested in is how someone looks not what they are doing or saying.  He is trying and you should too.

David - I see you putting in effort and although you were wrong for texting another woman you gave her the out she was looking for.

Sam - stop it! Just stop it! You were mean and spiteful and now all of the sudden you want him to be sweet and affectionate? Get over yourself.

Neil - you are a weird duck but if you are going to stay in this you need to move on from her being a butt to you in the beginning.

**stepping down from soapbox**

• Love 2

in regards to him saying he didn't miss Sam: when he returned he said, "I saw that that hurt her" instead of himself feeling bad for hurting her. He is observing emotions, but not showing or feeling any himself. He is acting like he think he should for the situations, but you can see there is no real emotions in him.

That makes someone a sociopath? There must be a lot of sociopaths running around the streets...watch out!

• Love 2