Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: White Knights

• Start Topic

Some Americans live close to the Canadian border.

It looks like Ray and Stein continue to screw up missions, mostly because they can't accept their flaws. Sara was awesome as always in her limited role. Cold and Heatwave were entertaining. Jax and Kendra were, um, there. Not even a bit of Hawkman tonight.

Oh Rip. Could you actually commit to the mission for once? Isn't this the third time they had to decide if they really, really wanted to do this for reals? And now I have to wait 10 days to see the conclusion.

ETA: It took me a while to remember that "White Knights" is also a 1985 movie about escaping from the Soviet Union.

Edited by ketose
  • Love 1

Some Americans live close to the Canadian border.

It looks like Ray and Stein continue to screw up missions, mostly because they can't accept their flaws. Sara was awesome as always in her limited role. Cold and Heatwave were entertaining. Jax and Kendra were, um, there. Not even a bit of Hawkman tonight.

Oh Rip. Could you actually commit to the mission for once? Isn't this the third time they had to decide if they really, really wanted to do this for reals? And now I have to wait 10 days to see the conclusion.

And some Americans fly the Jolly Roger in their hearts:)  Anyway, it's fun that Sara and Cold are the most competent on the missions; with everyone else running  around with their own little issues. This was a good episode, everyone who was capable of being interesting got something interesting to do. I particularly enjoyed Ray and Cold's efforts to get in with Valentina. I wlll never not laugh at the look on Ray's face when Cold waltzed off with her after he struck out.

And you're right, it will be hard to wait 10 days for Cold to run his next prison break.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 5

It was a good episode. It reminded me of Alias at the end <3

The negatives were Ray's way too White Knightness getting himself, stein and Mick Rory arrested and thrown into a Soviet gulag. Rip giving the team another chance to quit might get annoying if it's in every story. He still doesn't think of this as a team. Jax was a spoiled teen tonight and the firestorm family fight was annoying at times. VG shined. Plus his inner spy daddy was on display in both ways <3

Kendra went all winged cray cray and then Sara went all pit ragey I like that they have opposite things going on to a degree but it's manifesting in the same way. Sara has to find her humanity while Kendra as to allow her demi goddess loose. Opposite nature of what they have lived the last few years.

Cold is definitely getting a bit of a hero's journey. We'll see how that goes.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 5

Ray: "I better bone up on Vostok's CV"
Snart: "I better bone up on the ballet. Gideon, bone me."

Sarah -- still not fully clear of the whole blood lust from the Lazarus Pit.

Kendra -- starting to get her uncontrolled warrior princess on, complete with red glowing eyes.  How come her eyes have never glowed before ?

The actress playing Dr. Vostok -- is pretty hot.  But she's committed to Savage's plan to build their own version of Firestorm which makes her evil.  Yet no sign of Savage this episode.

Oh, yeah -- a Time Master shows up to convince Rip to give up on his pursuit of Savage, only the Time Master tries to kill Rip using Chronos but the Team saves Rip only Jax gets injured by a bomb blast during the fight with Chronos -- seriously, is someone going to end up injured and in med bay every week ?  Because that's going to get old quick.  And will Jax get the same length of hospital gown that Kendra got last episode.

And it's a To Be Continued -- with Ray, Rory and Dr. Stein incarcerated.

• Love 1

I caved and watched this episode.

I really liked this one. It did remind me of Alias. Another two-parter. Haven't seen those in awhile. I don't think The Flash or Arrow have done those. 

I got a laugh at Ray striking out with Dr. Vostok. She probably saw the boy scout in him and was like nope. Cold would definitely be more her type since she's working with Savage. Whom I'm glad was absent from this episode. 

I'm getting a little tired of the Firestorm drama. However Jax is a 20 year old. 20 year olds are annoying and think they know everything. So it makes sense for his character it's just not fun to watch.

I suppose I could buy Rip not sending his best team member Sara on the mission or Kendra because having two uncontrollable, unpredictable killers would be dangerous to the mission. But it does seem like Sara and Cold are the only competent members on that team. They know what to do and they do it. Having Sara probably would've helped Cold. Since Ray the boy scout (I'm sorry Eagle Scout) keeps messing everything up.  I know he was trying to save Cold's life, but the mission is the important too. I am looking forward to Prison Break: Russian Gulag Addition. 

Sara's a tough trainer. Lol. That's probably how she was trained. And Kendra, Sara did not spend half her life becoming an assassin for that first half she was the captive of mad scientist, then trying to not die on an island with a super powered psycho, then who knows what else after that since Nyssa found her near death. 

I did like seeing Demi-Goddess Kendra vs Pit Rage Sara. It seems Sara's rage comes out when she feels her life is threatened. Which is kind of like an animal. At the bar those thugs meant nothing to her and at the weapons auction she had her whole team there to help. 

I also have a question for Arrow watchers. Did Oliver say How come Sara doesn't have the bloodlust? and did Malcolm answer "because Constantine made her whole she doesn't have the bloodlust?  Did either of them say bloodlust? Because I'm trying to understand why everyone jumped to that conclusion. I don't watch Arrow anymore but from what I've heard is if Thea doesn't kill it starts to hurt her physically. While it doesn't do that to Sara which is the part that is whole. NOT that she no longer has the bloodlust. Especially since we saw her have the bloodlust after Constantine restored her soul that was the entire reason she left Star City. Sara has also killed 10 people so far (6 on Arrow and 4 in the bank) how many people has Thea killed? 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I forgot this episode was aired early so I won't see it until Thursday here, but to answer the Sara and bloodlust question -

They basically said that because Thea was refusing to kill, the side-effects from the LP were turning on her and trying to kill "the host."  Frankly, we don't even know if Malcolm is right about this.  What's happening to Thea could just as easily be the side-effects of whatever Darhk did to her when he tried to kill her and the magic was reversed back on him.  I mean, they are so totally just making this stuff up as they go.

BUT - what they said in relation to Sara was Oliver commented that "Sara wasn't like this." And Malcolm said "that's because John Constantine made Sara whole."  I think it was the "whole" that made people think that Malcolm was suggesting that Sara didn't have to deal with the bloodlust, but we know that's not true just from what we saw on Arrow.  So it seems that the implication is that if Sara fights her bloodlust - it won't kill her.  But again, we don't really know that either unless they specifically tell us when Sara goes through a period of time without killing anyone.  Because as of right now - I'm pretty sure the chick that took the knife in the chest in LoT episode three is dead.

Of course Malcolm's comment also led people to say "well why doesn't Oliver call Constantine?"  But again, that's not what that episode was about.  Thea was not dead - she was healed by the pit, not resurrected.  Sara was resurrected from the dead and only her body was returned.  John made her "whole" by returning her soul to her body. Malcolm's comment would then suggest that something was wrong with Thea's soul and we have no reason to believe that was true.  So all in all - it was poorly written and unnecessary dialogue on Arrow.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 4

Replying in the Sara thread....

I forgot this episode was aired early so I won't see it until Thursday here, but to answer the Sara and bloodlust question -

They basically said that because Thea was refusing to kill, the side-effects from the LP were turning on her and trying to kill "the host."  Frankly, we don't even know if Malcolm is right about this.  What's happening to Thea could just as easily be the side-effects of whatever Darhk did to her when he tried to kill her and the magic was reversed back on him.  I mean, they are so totally just making this stuff up as they go.

BUT - what they said in relation to Sara was Oliver commented that "Sara wasn't like this." And Malcolm said "that's because John Constantine made Sara whole."  I think it was the "whole" that made people think that Malcolm was suggesting that Sara didn't have to deal with the bloodlust, but we know that's not true just from what we saw on Arrow.  So it seems that the implication is that if Sara fights her bloodlust - it won't kill her.  But again, we don't really know that either unless they specifically tell us when Sara goes through a period of time without killing anyone.  Because as of right now - I'm pretty sure the chick that took the knife in the chest in LoT episode three is dead.

Of course Malcolm's comment also led people to say "well why doesn't Oliver call Constantine?"  But again, that's not what that episode was about.  Thea was not dead - she was healed by the pit, not resurrected.  Sara was resurrected from the dead and only her body was returned.  John made her "whole" by returning her soul to her body. Malcolm's comment would then suggest that something was wrong with Thea's soul and we have no reason to believe that was true.  So all in all - it was poorly written and unnecessary dialogue on Arrow.

This episode was great as long as I focus only on the banter and not on all the terrible decisions that everyone minus Cold and Sara make. Heatwave is also fairly competent despite his preference for mindless violence. 

Sadly most of the team are still dealing with their own personal issues or letting their egos get in the way of the mission. 

I did find it weird that 22nd? century time ships could be damaged so easily by 1980 missile tech.

I liked that the Russian scientist wasn't a patsy and knew exactly what was going on with Savage and the project.

As for Ray, he's quite amusing with Cold as a companion but he really needs to shut up and do what he's told by more worldly teammates once in a while. He always ignores Cold advice much to the team's detriment.

• Love 4

Does Hunter have same kind of plan with their missions? It seems like he just jumps from one idea to the other without any clarity what to do and how to do that.

I went crazy at the Pentagon scene watching all those wrong uniforms.

Does Vostok leave her coat at the concert only to walk home with Snart? She must have known that it is a cold night and her dressing in revealing dress will not help...

• Love 1

Still loving that four episodes in, we are getting all sorts of interactions. Sadly, not many ensemble shows allow for this. That's why I'm thrilled Hawkman is gone. Now Kendra can interact with other people.

I loved seeing Mick (now I know his name!) without Snart. He had some good moments. I worried about him before the show premiered, but he's been getting a decent role. Plus, he saved Snart! 

I think one of my favourite scenes of the episode was Stein/Ray and Stein talking about why he's so hard on Jax. We definitely have some confident and egotistic people here (Stein, Ray, Jax) but weirdly enough, their interactions work well because they butt heads. Well, now Ray and Stein are becoming friends, which is cool. They interact with each other every episode, but they also have scenes with others so they're not just stuck together. I also liked Jax and Stein's scenes. I like that they still have a troubling relationship. Not every relationship is going to be perfect, but at least they're starting to understand one another.

Kendra and Sara's scenes were also really good, and another one of my favourites was their fight. I did see what Rip's plan was when he asked Sara to train Kendra. I didn't realize how they were both in similar positions until then. I mean, the kind of random snapping from Kendra was weird and felt like it was only written in so she could relate to Sara, but at the same time, we don't know much about her as Hawkgirl, so that gave them room to work with it. Plus, the first time I thought Ciara Renee acted well. She had a good solid moment talking to Sara and pep talking her back up. I guess Sara goes all bloodlust-y when she's threatened. She probably can manage her bloodlust easier with her soul, but it doesn't mean it's still not there. I guess Sara will be learning how to use that to her advantage without losing control over the season. 

So, Ray, Mick and Stein are captured and the team consists of now one half of Firestorm and a very angry teenager, a girl who doesn't have her other half and is still learning about her powers, an assassin who is still having some trouble finding her human side again, one half of Team Rogue who is not very happy with their team leader, and a time traveling guy who keeps messing up and is not doing a good job at uniting them as a team. Great. 

• Love 3

I think Kendra can dispense with "I was just a barista." Did she go to barista school? Was that her chosen profession? Unless she dispatches Savage with hot coffee, it would suffice if to say she was a girl from the Midwest who moved to the big city.

• Love 4

I knew LoT's USSR would be no better than Arrow's Russia...But it was even worse. So, so cheesy. And really, would it kill them to include some actual written Russian? I mean, Google Translate is not  THAT hard to access.

I probably would have forgiven it if Sara had a bigger role, but she was relegated to helping Kendra. I normally am all for female bonding, but I was left cold and wishing she was with Snart and Ray.

Hopefully the next episode will have more of the team together. 

So far the show feels more shallow than I expected (and wanted).

I've only seen the first few minutes and I'm clearly old - but oh my! This show is just so much fun.

And hate me if you will, but Ray really is earning a special place in my heart.  And Ray and Cold together? So much love!

Favorite moments so far...

Heatwave's distraction and....

"Are you quoting Top Gun?"

"Maybe"

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 4

I love this show so much.  Snart really is the run away star for me.  I am looking forward to some Sara conflict next episode though.

I have to say that I ADORE Ray and his little Eagle Scout ass, but they need to have his brains start to work with Snart's guile for this to work really well.

• Love 3

Loved the Chuck reference with Ray saying that he always wanted to be a spy.

Snart and Ray are a blast.  It's obvious Routh and Wentworth Miller were having fun with those scenes.  Poor Ray, shot down by a hot Russian scientist, and not listening to Snart when he told you not to turn on the core.

• Love 5

Sara calling Kendra big bird was awesome! I did roll my eyes at the magic language translating pills, but other then that I loved this episode! Snart is by far my favorite after Sara and I actually really like Ray. Letting him be a dork really works. Plot may be on the weak side, but I love these characters so much I don't care

• Love 3

It was driving me nuts trying to figure out who the Russian scientist was.  It was Stephanie Corneliussen, who plays Joanna on Mr. Robot…awesome!

I really enjoyed this episode once again.  The strength of the show continues to be in the pairings between the characters and we get some new ones here, including Rip and Rory.

Wentworth Miller is absolutely killing it as Snart and had some great lines tonight, which he sells further with his delivery.  I laughed at Snart constantly stealing everyone’s wallet.

I like that they aren’t afraid to make Stein look like an insufferable ass.  He got pretty bad tonight with that but at least it made sense afterwards when he talked to Ray about what happened to Robbie.

I like the Sara training Kendra storyline.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 6

I need Leonard to tell Ray and Mick they are both pretty, and work as a trio. Not exclusively, but those three as work buds would make me happy.  Also, Leo calming Mick down with a yogurt cup. Just once. (/ ad nod)

At least Sara and Kendra are talking to each other. It might even get better as they have fighting techniques to swap, not just fashion tips. (Something to remember writers.)  Also, why not send Sara to sound out our Soviet physicist? Then the silliness with Ray and Snart would have been subverted? 

Martin jumping down Jefferson's throat is getting tiresome. Ray was correct: Martin needed to tell Jefferson the regretful speech, but he doesn't. It compounds the original kidnapping, imo. I still love VG, and the SpyDaddy vibe tonight, but Martin needs to use his damn words better.

I don't mind the two-parters; it gives the show a more comic-book-y feel. There are two parters all the time, so it feels natural here. At least to me.

While I like underdog stories, I am a bit tired of Our Heroes only running into Savage and foes.  Maybe they could try to talk to someone who would be friendly? The team is out-of-time, so the tension would still be present.

Excited to see if Leonard ever watched Prison Break!

• Love 3

This would've been my favorite episode if there was more Sara. I liked her sharpening her many knifes and I like seeing more of her assassin training. She also seems to be doing more martial arts instead of just hitting things with her bo staff. 

However next week should probably teach to TAKE SARA with them! She can kick the ass of a demi-goddess and then almost strangle her to death. You don't think that sending in a bloodthirsty assassin and angry Big Bird in as back up would've helped, Rip? They probably couldn't taken out that Russian army. But I guess we needed Prison Break: Russian addition for next week. Sara's looking badass as a sniper. 

• Love 3

This show is from the same people who do arrow and flash. So I wasn't expecting something deep (like Jessica Jones). I dont care about the plot or the villian I'm just enjoying the characters interacting.

I'm glad it's not Jessica Jones. That show is too depressing for words. I just wish LoT could get joy out of accomplishing something rather than just playing spy or playing with high tech toys.

• Love 2

Did anyone catch the name of the Russian Colonel?  Super important to me to know this.  I don't know it, so that's why I'm asking.  If it's who I think it is, I'm already grinning like a nerdy maniac.  EDIT:  looked it up.  YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Also, I really love that Kendra and Sara have the opposite problems in some ways.  Fun to watch them interact.

Both Stein and Jax came off really poorly in that fight.  I like that.  They're both right, and they're both wrong, and they're both mad as hell. 

Edited by Rai
  • Love 3

I love just the premise of this episode - that by seeing Firestorm in action, Vandal Savage decides that he wants one of his own.  I can only assume that this means that at some point - the team is going to need to go earlier in time to accomplish their goals but I'm still kind of enjoying the 80's.

Oh and I don't know why this is - but every time Snart calls Ray - Raymond, I fall a little more in love with him.  And of course Ray is an Eagle Scout - I mean of course he is!  Those two have the makings of the best slash ship ever.

• Love 9

I really like this show, but DAMN do these guys suck at time travel. Bill and Ted messed around with the time stream less. 

Snart and Ray are, pretty unexpectedly, a great combination. They play off each other really well. And yes, Nksarmi, I love every single time Snart calls Ray Raymond. Its just...I dont even know, but its great.  

• Love 4

Ray doesn't work as the Big Damn Hero; nor does he work as the lead. However, he's doing pretty well as part of the ensemble, and particularly, as straight man to Cold. It's a fantastic combination, right up there with Cold and Sara, IMHO. Last week, I didn't enjoy his self-doubt, but this week, his goofball, screw up, boy scout - I mean, eagle scout  - routine really worked.

But, I don't get why he's always up front in the posters. He's not top billed, he doesn't have the special mention at the end of the credits; he's not the breakout star, he doesn't seem to be anybody's favorite. So why is it always him? Do the network suits think the fanboys won't be interested if it's Sara placed first, or Cold (well, WM because we don't really know Cold's sexuality beyond apparently staring at Sara's ass)?

• Love 3

Quite a week for superhero shows. Supergirl got to  channel Alan Moore. The Flash went back to its comic canon roots with a jaunt to Earth-2. And Legends of Tomorrow .. . recycles Firestorm stories from the Eighties. At least we're spared Vandal Savage this week.

Wait . . .since when is Kendra housing a demigoddess? I thought whatsherface was a priestess. It would make sense to have Kendra to go unhinged over time without Carter to help her. Seems like a lazy way to have the two female regulars bond. Speaking of Sara . . . like I said on last night's episode thread for Arrow, Rip should dump half his team and pick up Nyssa, since she has spare time now.

Fun to see Cold get his seduction on. It's a funnier visual if you imagine Ray hiding, tearfully wanking as his dreams of being a suave secret agent go down the drain. Poor Eagle Scout.

Here's hoping the Time Lor- . ..  oops .. . Time Masters drama has a purpose. On the bright side, Mick's heat gun actually causes stuff to catch fire.

• Love 2

I've always found WM sexy but when he had Snart turn on the charm with the Pentagon and Vostok ladies? 

santanafanningherself.gif

Ahem.  I also enjoyed him opposite Raymond the Eagle Scout.  That was pretty funny.  Mick and Rip was equally delightful and I'm so happy that Cold and Heatwave were chosen for this show.  Their strengths have been written really well and they play off the others perfectly. 

Sara wasn't in the episode as much as I would have liked but I LOVED seeing her opposite Kendra.  For this team to work in narrative, they have to understand each other and know how to play off one another and I think that all of the interactions helped move toward that end with Kendra and Sara as my favorite.  I think their sparring was very well choreographed and I like that each had a moment of losing control and fearing the other when she did.  Seeing each of them find a way to balance the human with the not-so-human will be very cool if tonight's scenes were any indication. 

• Love 3

But, I don't get why he's always up front in the posters. He's not top billed, he doesn't have the special mention at the end of the credits; he's not the breakout star, he doesn't seem to be anybody's favorite. So why is it always him? Do the network suits think the fanboys won't be interested if it's Sara placed first, or Cold (well, WM because we don't really know Cold's sexuality beyond apparently staring at Sara's ass)?

He's upfront because he was freaking Superman.  Nobody on the show has had a role as big as that, and for all the problems that Superman Returns had, Brandon Routh wasn't one of them.  He was constantly singled out as a highlight of the movie, and a good Superman.

Hey, the boy scout line would be a reference to him being Superman.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 5

He's upfront because he was freaking Superman.  Nobody on the show has had a role as big as that, and for all the problems that Superman Returns had, Brandon Routh wasn't one of them.  He was constantly singled out as a highlight of the movie, and a good Superman.

Routh was also the star of The Nine Lives of Christmas.

• Love 1

I think the show is getting stronger with each episode. Best part about this one? No Savage. And no Egypt flashbacks. And thankfully they didn't spend too much time on yet another round of "are we all committed to the mission?"

One thing I am impressed with is how they are managing to use different team combinations so successfully. This time - Rip and Mick Rory, not a combo I would have thought would work, but it did. We also got more Cold and Ray, which is rapidly becoming one of my favorite team ups (assuming Snart doesn't kill him for the stunt he just pulled). I continue to be impressed by how much better Ray is being written here than on Arrow. He's still overconfident and has a tendency to claim the credit, but he always always gets smacked down for it. That didn't happen on Arrow.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get more Sara/Kendra, but hopefully this will be the beginning of a strong friendship for them. Rip is right, they can help each other.

The Jax and Stein fight was the weak part of the episode for me. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't my favorite thing.

• Love 2

I loved this episode. I love all the different interactions between the different team members.

Sara and Kendra's scenes were good.

I even enjoyed Ray! He and Snart have an interesting dynamic.

I was glad Kronus wasn't killed off so easily.

I'm glad Rory is getting more development.

Stein and Jaxs problems were interesting.

"Are you quoting Top Gun?"

"Maybe"

I loved that. :). And Mick asking if he could use his gun when Rip asked him to go on a mission with him,

Loved the Chuck reference with Ray saying that he always wanted to be a spy.

I didn't even catch that! Lol that's great. :)

• Love 2

Kendra really needs to stop bringing up that barista thing.  Like, it obviously didn't help that it was in the previouslies and then she repeated the line, verbatim, in the episode, but it's kind of a dumb line to begin with.  I'm not even really sure what point she's trying to make.  Also, I'm not a huge fan of her whole "hawk demon goddess taking over her body" thing.  In addition to not really making sense, it feels too similar to what Sara was already dealing with, and not really in a way where the two situations seem to compliment each other. 

I feel like this show would have benefited a lot from a few real successes early on, because, at this point, I'm not sure that history wouldn't be better off if they all just go home before they make anything worse.  The fact that this episode was the third or fourth time they've had a conversation along the lines of "should we keep doing this?" doesn't help.

That being said, I like a lot of the different dynamics that seem to be developing among the team members.  It helps that all the pre-existing pairs have had the chance to split up for a bit.  Hopefully, the team bonding a bit more will lead to them being more effective and making some actual progress towards their super important goal. 

Of course, Joanna from Mr. Robot would totally prefer Snart over Ray.  That wasn't even a contest for her.  Great seeing Stephanie Corneliussen in another role, and I'm already almost wishing Valentina was the big baddie instead of Vandal Savage.  She's already been way more entertaining and intimating then he has.

Fun episode, but man, did almost everyone drop the ball in some way.  You've got Jackson being all bull-headed and almost getting himself killed.  You've got Martin Stein being an asshole and continuing to treat Jefferson like shit ("loved" when he dismissed Jackson's point that he forced him to come along as "old news", because, yes, drugging someone against their will and taking them on a time-traveling adventure is totally, perfectly expectable, professor.)  Kendra going all crazy Big Bird and clawing a guard's eye out.  Sara almost strangling Kendra to death.  Rip almost getting fooled by Martin Donovan's character.  Ray pretty much getting himself, Martin, and Mick all captured, because he was so damn worried about Valentina.  That leaves Snart and Mick as probably the two who screwed up the least, which is something I never would have predicted.

All that said, I still continue to enjoy the show.  Liked how they continue to build on past pairings like Snart/Ray and Ray/Martin, but also introduce new ones that work on different levels like Sara/Kendra and, surprisingly, Rip/Mick.  The story-lines are still pretty silly, but the cast is just so much fun.  Sara is still awesome, Snart and Rip too, Mick continues to be a surprising highlight, Jefferson is getting more interesting, and I continue to love that they are actually making Stein unlikable a lot of times.  And I continue to actually enjoy Ray, since he's is more comic relief with this group and is actually, gasp, striking out and isn't automatically making people worship him like he somehow did in Arrow.  That just leaves Kendra as the only bore.  Maybe that will change.  I can only hope.

Let's see, the second part of the pilot was about Savage trying to reverse engineer the Atom suit.  This episode is about Savage trying to create his own Firestorm.  Is he going to try and make his own version of the hot and cold guns in a few episodes.

They still haven't explained why they need to track down Savage at various points in time when they know EXACTLY where he'll be during the Arrow/Flash crossover episodes.  If you're going to have the Time Masters around at least explain why this isn't a possibility. 

While people grieve in different ways and all that it doesn't look good when Stein shows more lasting grief over Ronnie's death than Caitlin does over on the Flash.

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 1

Let's see, the second part of the pilot was about Savage trying to reverse engineer the Atom suit.  This episode is about Savage trying to create his own Firestorm.  Is he going to try and make his own version of the hot and cold guns in a few episodes.

They still haven't explained why they need to track down Savage at various points in time when they know EXACTLY where he'll be during the Arrow/Flash crossover episodes.  If you're going to have the Time Masters around at least explain why this isn't a possibility. 

While people grieve in different ways and all that it doesn't look good when Stein shows more lasting grief over Ronnie's death than Caitlin does over on the Flash.

They have a time machine -- why not move progressively backwards in time ?  That way Savage won't have time to adapt to any of their weapons or techniques.

Are the writers aware that they can do this ?  

• Love 4

They have a time machine -- why not move progressively backwards in time ?  That way Savage won't have time to adapt to any of their weapons or techniques.

Are the writers aware that they can do this ?

Yeah, that's something I don't understand either. They keep going later, which means Savage is more and more aware of and potentially prepared for them. Since, as far as I know, their time machine can go backwards too, they just need to go to a point before he ever met them and they should be able to catch him completely unawares. Then again, they had him literally dead to rights a couple of episodes back and just let him go, so...

I loved Mick being so petulant. "You said I'd get to use my gun." But when the chips were down he was one of the only ones who understood they needed to stick to the mission. He told Snart to run with the core, knowing full well he was going to get captured.

Rip really needs to rethink his leadership ability. He is aware Sara has bloodlust issues and hopes training with Kendra can help her as much as it does Kendra, but neglects to mention to Kendra "Hey, Sara might go nuts and try to kill you too." If things had gone really bad, Gideon would have to tell the rest of the crew both of them were dead in the cargo hold. Which probably wouldn't do well for morale.

Snart is like magic. He seems to go well with everybody, and he makes Ray almost likable for a lot of people who wouldn't otherwise. I wonder if the Russian lady knew who he was all long and was playing him. Unlike the team, Savage seems to learn from his experiences and I get the feeling he's told his followers to look out for these people, which is why they so easily recognized Stein.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

Good episode but not as good as previous ones.

I enjoyed the scenes with Cold and Ray the most and Valentina is a bit more interesting than Savage is and I did not miss seeing him this week.

Training scenes with Sara and Kendra were great in this episode and it was nice to have the two of them finally interact.

Some good scenes with Stein/Jackson and Rip/Heatwave this week.

Hope the next part is better though, 7/10

Did anyone catch the name of the Russian Colonel?  Super important to me to know this.  I don't know it, so that's why I'm asking.  If it's who I think it is, I'm already grinning like a nerdy maniac.  EDIT:  looked it up.  YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Also, I really love that Kendra and Sara have the opposite problems in some ways.  Fun to watch them interact.

Both Stein and Jax came off really poorly in that fight.  I like that.  They're both right, and they're both wrong, and they're both mad as hell. 

Ok I still haven't found who the Russian Colonel is so go ahead and spoiler tag it for me please????

I DID find that Valentina is apparently a comic book character so I wonder if she's just a shout out or if they might do something with that at some point.

I find it interesting that the three "bad" ones (Heatwave, Cold and Sara) seem to be the most mission focused and want to provide back up to the team.

The good ones are all about their egos and being seen as the saviors instead of caring about the mission.

ETA: LoT held at 0.9. Which is good news since the ABC shows came back and the big bang theory is also back.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

Ohhhhh preach!!! I loved him as Superman! HE wasn't the problem. I'm truly charmed by the Atom too. BR just has that affable, goofy likeability, poor Ray just needs a hug.

• Love 4

As much as I'm enjoying this show, I wish they had gotten the memo that TV shows are allowed to have subtext now, and not have everyone explaining their feelings and motivations.

I like the motivations part but some of the exposition is KILLING me. eg. Stein "Let's hope this security id that Captain Cold stole from the Russian lady, works in this door to the thing I'm going to steal." like c'mon writers! We can follow the plot, thank you.

• Love 6