Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

And I really really hope for the first time in my life that Joe is right about Trump being more moderate than he lets on. But then again these Beltway folks said the same thing about Bush 43 and his "compassionate conservative" marketing bullshit before he took office.

That's one of my hopes. I think I actually heard both he and Mika say that Trump's a Democrat! I wondered if a Trump-minion was watching.

And ditto 43. I don't know if misplaced hope is any better than no hope. At least it comes with a side of optimism.

They seemed relatively subdued today. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I have not and will not watch MSNBC during the day ever again.  And I detest Joe, Mika, and the rest of the chuckle-heads on Morning Smug and Entitlement.  For God's sake...quit bellyaching about "the media" need to go talk to regular people, yada yada yada.  HELLO!  Aren't you guys the media?  God help us all.  I heard Hazmat Halperin say the SAME frickin' thing last week on his show-that-would-be-so-much-better-with-Donny Duetsche-and Heileman....how "the media needs to do it's job"..or some such.  That's who YOU guys are supposed to be.  Good Lord, I just can't anymore with these people.  Whether hubby misses his MJ hate-watch every morning or not, we are going to start tuning in to CBS with Nora, Gayle and Charlie.  I keep hoping that venting will make me feel better about what has happened in general and this show in particular....it is not working.  Lower ratings are the only thing that will get rid of this group of smug, entitled, privileged, over-educated, fake intellectual, over-paid media whores.  I would be happy just to start with the departure of the Bloviator and his shallow, bleached, squinty, born-on-third-base-and thinks-she-hit-a-triple beaten down, browbeaten, bitchy sidekick.  I apologize if I have been too harsh; I don't want to get one of those warnings because this is the first time I have ever in my life posted or said such things to anyone other than my fellow retiree friends or my  senior-citizen-women-comprised coffee group.  The the hubby, of course; the man is a saint.  I will, however, keep up with the show through this thread.  You people are Gods.  

Tell us how you really feel!. I am hopeful that Morning Joe will go back to having more interesting guests & different issues. . I am glad the election is over and they can stop focusing on polls. Hopefully, they won't pay as much attention to them in the future.

They discussed why the polls were wrong this time to the extent that they weren't able to find missing Trump votes. T

I would like to see more road trips with Mika & Joe. They used to visit schools in Detroit.

I am very happy that Joe is dressing like a professional cable host. No more fleece for Joe!.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Joe was screaming over Mohand so much that even Mika turned away disgusted.

There was a lot of this going on in print journalism outside the Beltway if they bothered to read something by a reporter outside their cocktail party circuit.

I am in a very crabby mood this am but I was just thinking all throughout this segment, who the fuck cares about this inside baseball bullshit? Ooh, Truman thought Ike stabbed him in the back. Wow, Ike thought JFK was not ready for the job. This is what people without a care in the world talk about. What about the cancer survivors who may lose their coverage when Obamacare is repealed and insurers can go back discriminating against preexisting conditions?

And I know people like her and no slight against you, but if I never hear Doris Kearns Goodwin trot out with her tortured comparisons to FDR wartime White House or the Lincoln Cabinet or whatever, it will be too soon. She is in the same social circle as Barnicle and the late Tim Russert and that's why she gets so much airtime.

And I really really hope for the first time in my life that Joe is right about Trump being more moderate than he lets on. But then again these Beltway folks said the same thing about Bush 43 and his "compassionate conservative" marketing bullshit before he took office.

I like the pagentry. I have on MSNBC in the background today. They are showing Trump's airplane arrive in Washington.

It's true that Doris shows up on these shows whenever there is a transition of power.

It was pretty stunning to hear them discuss a real issue on Morning Joe like will Trump replace Obamacare with what?

• Love 1

I am hopeful that Morning Joe will go back to having more interesting guests & different issues. . I am glad the election is over and they can stop focusing on polls. Hopefully, they won't pay as much attention to them in the future.

Agreed. Without the polls, inside baseball etc they're going to have some serious time to fill. Go back to having more authors, documentarians, long-form journalists, etc. And expand their regular stable of panelists.

we are going to start tuning in to CBS with Nora, Gayle and Charlie.  

An excellent idea. I usually switch over at 7 to watch the first half hour, or whole hour if they have good segments, as well as the 8am when the MJ dopes are repeating their first hour.

As to whether Trump was a Democrat - Google this on Politifact if you're interested - he has switched around his party affiliation 5 times - he was a Dem from 2001 to 2009. He has also been a Republican twice and in the Independence Party (not to be confused with Independent). So who knows. But remember also that Ronald Reagan had been a New Deal Democrat before his political transformation. 

• Love 2

Chuck Todd, or someone, mentioned Dems forgetting/not paying enough attn. to, flyover states.

This morning Joe and Meeka (Mika?) said that if they got in a car and drove from NYC to the the west cost the entire drive would be in TrumpCountry.

Is she just going to dodge Illinois? And, depending on west coast destination), Arizona? And Colorado? 

god.

Imho, it's bad enough to not need exaggeration. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, NewDigs said:

That's one of my hopes. I think I actually heard both he and Mika say that Trump's a Democrat!

I've heard Mika say that before, but today reminded me why she is like she is.

She has no idea, apparently, what a Democrat is and what we believe in. (i.e. very little that Trump says or does, and nothing about his leadership style).

His family were die-hard Republicans and I think he's leaned that way most of his life, with a few excursions into Democratic ideas that suited him (esp. doing business in NYC), like being pro-choice and against the war in Iraq (after it started).  But every time Mika and Joe say that, it actually infuriates me--it's all because Joe doesn't want the GOP to become the "Party of Trump". But it IS, Joe.  (Also, seriously. Look at the people surrounding him. Do any of them look like Democrats, Mika?)

Also, let's not forget that Trump nearly ran for Pres in 2000 on the Reform Party ticket.  It's stupid for them to keep saying this.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 2

True dat ^^^

Just maybe pinning my hopes, somewhere.

Inventing and pinning?

I don't think he's the R nor D he pretends/ed to be. More of an equal-opportunist. 

They really only paid scant attention to his "bi-partisan" ways.

Next stop? Hard right. "We're in!"

5 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Agreed. Without the polls, inside baseball etc they're going to have some serious time to fill. Go back to having more authors, documentarians, long-form journalists, etc. And expand their regular stable of panelists.

An excellent idea. I usually switch over at 7 to watch the first half hour, or whole hour if they have good segments, as well as the 8am when the MJ dopes are repeating their first hour.

As to whether Trump was a Democrat - Google this on Politifact if you're interested - he has switched around his party affiliation 5 times - he was a Dem from 2001 to 2009. He has also been a Republican twice and in the Independence Party (not to be confused with Independent). So who knows. But remember also that Ronald Reagan had been a New Deal Democrat before his political transformation. 

If CBS started the show at 6 am , I would watch that. I get up early & like to watch the news from 6 am -715 am.

I have to get ready for work after that.

Joe has been saying that Trump has been a Democrat for most of his life, so he shouldn't have trouble getting along with Democrats in Congress.

2 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Chuck Todd, or someone, mentioned Dems forgetting/not paying enough attn. to, flyover states.

This morning Joe and Meeka (Mika?) said that if they got in a car and drove from NYC to the the west cost the entire drive would be in TrumpCountry.

Is she just going to dodge Illinois? And, depending on west coast destination), Arizona? And Colorado? 

god.

Imho, it's bad enough to not need exaggeration. 

Yes. Chuck Todd has been acknowledging that there are states between the East Coast & West Coast. Tom Brokaw reminded him of this. I remember that Joe said earlier this year that he went to a Target store outside NYC & discovered Trump voters. It's a bit weird. Did everyone wear a Trump button at the store?

• Love 1

Friday recap. Joe is wearing a navy blue blazer with a dark blue tie. Mika is wearing a black sweater. Halperin is wearing a black cardigan. Nick Confessore is there.

Mika said they had special assemblies at her daughter, Emilie's University so people could discuss the elections. There re support groups for students who are upset. Mika said her daugher was worried about Trump & wrote a Facebook Post about it.

Joe said everyone should calm down. Joe said he calmed his parents down when Clinton was elected.

Joe said people in Manhattan freaked out when Bush was reelected in 2004.

Joe had a special teleprompter inspired rant in a soft voice about How everything will be OK & America will survive the election. He said there would be checks & balances on Trump.

Joe does not like the cabinet names be floated around. Too many hotheads like Giuliani & Gingrich.

Joe was probably upset that his name isn't be floated around:)

Mika said its time for the reset button & give Trump a chance.

Joe said Obama & Trump behaved well yesterday & that Bush was nice to Obama.

Mika was worried about Trump getting rid of Obama's White House Council  on Women!. Mika was part of this group.

Mika said she will continue to promote her "Know Your Value" tour. LOL!

Joe wants term limits for Congress & ending gerrymandering.

Joe said he predicted the rise of Trump in April 2011 Politico column. Joe was right!. Joe said he doesn't give a damn.

Joe said Trump will be like Teddy Roosevelt.

Trump  sent out 2 tweets about the protests. One was friendly. The other one was not.

Willie said Obama was upset that his legacy will not be followed by Trump.

They discussed Obama telling jokes about Trump at the 2011 WHCDinner. Mika & Joe were hungover after this dinner.

• Love 3

Beshloss the historian said that the Constitution was set up for a President who can make deals with Congress. Trump is a good deal maker.

Mika was excited that Trump told her that her dad, Dr Z was the smartest man who Trump had seen speak. Mika wants Trump to have a meeting her dad.

Mika & Joe bragged about how long they have known Trump. Joe admitted saying nasty things about Trump. Joe said Clinton said a President should have a short memory.

Mika admitted they weren't appropriate when they fought with Trump. Joe said Trump called to tell him when his son Andrew fell down the stairs.

Mika & Joe definitely want to be key advisers to President Trump.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, novhappy said:

It doesn't sound like Donny D has been on?   He must be still choking on his own vomit from what happened on Tuesday and must dread having to publicly face Shout-over rude Joe on this. 

No. It's baffling to me how Donny Deutshe became more "respectable" during the campaign. However, it's strange that he was so friendly with Trump before he went into politics yet he savaged him during the campaign.

• Love 3

Joe is now talking about Trump,Hannity & OReilly being guys from Queens or Staten Island. Trump is not part of the Manahattan Cocktail party cocktail circuit,

Mika & Joe like Bernie.

Halperin said there will be a bight fight to be DNC Chair. Keith Ellison wants the job. Bernie Sanders wants the DNC to stop cozying up to Billionaires. Focus on working families.

Halperin said the DNC has to pick a good successor to Brazile & Debbie Wasserman Shultz.

The Democrats only have 5 states where they have Governors & control the legislatures.

Mika said the key to Hillary's defeat was the speeches & servers.

• Love 1

I know, right Oakville!?! How is Donny the one that came out of this show during this election season With some semblance of principles and honor intact?  He said Trump the candidate is not the same man as Trump the businessman, he hated everything about Trump the candidate and never made excuses for him. I'm going to guess Donny didn't make a back room deal with Trump, didn't privately fawn over him.  We've learned a lot about all these people

• Love 3

Joe is now fighting with Professor Eddie Glau. Joe mocked him for not having a verified twitter account. Glau said he did not vote for Hillary because he lived in a blue state like NJ.

Eddie said Trump would have won more votes of black & brown workers if he had focused on economic despair. Joe disagreed saying Blacks voted for Hillary over Bernie Sanders 9-1.

It sounds like Joe spoke to Trump numerous times during election night. Is that possible? Joe said he called Trump before he won Wisconsin & told him that he would be President.

Mika said expectations are very low for Trump but when Obama was elected it was like Moses parting the Red Sea. Mika said the echo chamber was wrong.

• Love 1

Wow. I heard a more engaged and animated Mika this morning! More so than usual. Shame she was chiming in, inappropriately, when a guest likened some voters to people who watch reality tv. I didn't quite get the point but, finally, a conversation Mika can enjoy. "Remember Ruben Studdard? I loved him! AI !"

And raise your hand if you think the people of NYC are so concerned that they're stopping Joe on the street and asking him if everything was going to be alright.

28 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said expectations are very low for Trump but when Obama was elected it was like Moses parting the Red Sea. Mika said the echo chamber was wrong.

Really, Mika? I think expectations are pretty damn high! Especially among his "constituency".  Me? Not so high.  

Glad they gave him his Twitter back. Surprised MJ reported the bad tweet.

• Love 1

The interview with Michael Moore was the most informative thing I have seen on this show all year. Moore is brilliant, Moore is furious at Donna Brazile for leaking the questions about Flint to Hillary. He is mad at Obama for drinking the water in Flint saying everythink is OK, but the pipes haven't been fixed.

• Love 4

What a show. Just before Moore came on, they were spewing their same old bullshit - Halperin actually said, and I quote, "we all know that although (Trump) did things like the birther movement, did things like the Muslim ban, that we all condemned, we all know that his heart is such, that he can show a different side of himself."

In the words of Maya Angelou, when someone shows you who they are - believe them. As Gore Vidal predicted, fascism will come to America with a smiling face.

And then there was Mika applauding Howard Dean announcing he is in the running for the DNC. Howard Dean is now a lobbyist, and his colleague is Newt Gingrich. Dean has switched sides. Doesn't Mika know that? He was on the damn show enough contorting himself to sell Hillary.

Then it was a useless segment with Bush family coatholder Andy Card, the man who with Alberto Gonzales tried to bully John Ashcroft in a hospital bed to sign off on an illegal surveillance program. Pointless jibba jabba on transitions blah blah.

And then Moore came on and burned the show down. Any comment by me wouldn't give it justice. He was emotional - tears at times - but insightful and eloquent. And just remember that HE was one of the only people who called this happening months ago. He has a better political instinct than any shithead who appeared on this show for the past year and a half. This show needs to have him on all the damn time. (He admits he watches the show every day. He's as bad as us.) I'm surprised he can tolerate it since this is a bunch of gasbag phonies he contemns. And he called them out for being in the bubble (snickering about Trump buying Make America Great Again ballcaps rather than polls or "ground game.")

Among the points Moore raised were the number of Michigan votes (90,000 - more than the margin) where the voter left the president's vote blank. That wasn't a groundswell for Trump. That were voters disgusted by BOTH parties. And I will never tire of the point that Bernie Sanders spoke to these issues a year ago, and the Democratic establishment ignored him. Moore pointed out how Clinton was ahead by 20 points the day before the Michigan primary....and lost to Bernie. The pollsters and the media got that wrong and continued to get it wrong.

Anand with the hair raised the puzzling,and upon reflection, outrageous point that elites were more interested in "regular" America than vic versa, as if this was some horrible thing. Uh, why should regular Americans be "curious" about rich people? They got all the stuff! Maybe they're not "curious" because most they're too worried about their water and their jobs or they're too busy driving Ubers to make rent. Unbelievable.

• Love 9

Anand with the hair raised the puzzling,and upon reflection, outrageous point that elites were more interested in "regular" America than vic versa, as if this was some horrible thing. Uh, why should regular Americans be "curious" about rich people? They got all the stuff! Maybe they're not "curious" because most they're too worried about their water and their jobs or they're too busy driving Ubers to make rent. Unbelievable.

I think the point Anand was trying to make is that both sides traffic in stereotypical thinking. Just as not everyone who lives in the Midwest is a country bumpkin or ignorant redneck, not everyone who lives on the coasts is a rich elite condescending academic. There are plenty of people in cities like New York, Philadelphia and Baltimore who work as truck drivers, hotel maids, dishwashers, etc. who have the same economic concerns as people in "flyover country". I think Anand was trying to point out that many white working class people have no curiosity or empathy for the struggles of black and latino people in big cities. If they did, they might realize that they have more in common with them than they thought. Like Michael Moore said, everyone wants good schools and clean air and safe communities. 

I grew up in a working class town in Wisconsin. I still have family members there who are examples of the point Eddie Glau was making. They think all of their problems are because liberals take all of the things they have worked hard for and give them to undeserving black and brown people. Their resentment is palpable and Trump played that resentment to the hilt in order to win this election. 

• Love 6

I haven't watched this show since last week so I don't know if I really should comment.  But I do enjoy reading everyone's comments and commend Oakville for taking the time to recap the show every day.  I wish I had seen the Michael Moore part - very interesting about the number of Michigan voters that left the president blank - I hadn't heard that.

In all this talk from Mika and Joe about how the press got it all wrong did they ever bring up that Hillary actual got more votes that Trump?  It's just that with our crazy system it all depends on where those votes are.

Comment on Mika/Joe's comments about the yard signs in Connecticutt and how that should have been informative.  Well Conn went for Hillary didn't it????? In Virginia I drive 45 minutes to my parents house and pass quite a number of Trump signs and about 5 for Hillary yet that county went 60% for Hillary.

Trump and Repubs will either total abolish Obamacare or just basically keep it and rename it TrumpCare or RepublicanCare and then it will be prefect.

• Love 4

The Michael Moore segment started at 7:45, and went until 8:25 without a commercial break. For all it's faults, it's this type of thing that, in my mind, makes Morning Joe unique. In today's world of 10 minute segments, and "hard breaks", what other news show would let a a great discussion run for 40 minutes uninterrupted. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

Among the points Moore raised were the number of Michigan votes (90,000 - more than the margin) where the voter left the president's vote blank. That wasn't a groundswell for Trump. That were voters disgusted by BOTH parties. And I will never tire of the point that Bernie Sanders spoke to these issues a year ago, and the Democratic establishment ignored him. Moore pointed out how Clinton was ahead by 20 points the day before the Michigan primary....and lost to Bernie. The pollsters and the media got that wrong and continued to get it wrong.

After this segment, they had a talking head discuss how blacks in Michigan didn't turn out in numbers and no one bought up what Michael Moore just said.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, cased said:

The Michael Moore segment started at 7:45, and went until 8:25 without a commercial break. For all it's faults, it's this type of thing that, in my mind, makes Morning Joe unique. In today's world of 10 minute segments, and "hard breaks", what other news show would let a a great discussion run for 40 minutes uninterrupted. 

That has been my favorite post-election coverage discussion I've seen so far and the best MJ spot I've seen in a long, long time. They really need to bring Moore on more often.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Abiding Dude said:

That has been my favorite post-election coverage discussion I've seen so far and the best MJ spot I've seen in a long, long time. They really need to bring Moore on more often.

Shame they didn't have him on before the election.

But his message was cross-purposes to their message.

eta we might not have needed all of these election post-mortems had the media done its job in the first place.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

I will never watch this show again but I like to pop in and read the posts to keep up with their idiocy.

Michael Moore was on with Chris Hayes just days before the election talking about a lot of what has been posted here today and discussing his movie Trumpland.

Edited by stormy
1 minute ago, stormy said:

I will never watch this show again but I like to keep up with their idiocy.

Michael Moore was on with Chris Hayes just days before the election talking about a lot of what has been posted here today and discussing his movie Trumpland.

This was the best episode of Morning Joe in at least a year. The interview with Moore was legendaary. He should be a new regular panelist. I also liked Nate from 538.com. He was warning that Hillary  losing was like a field goal kicker missing a 38 yard field goal. 35%

11 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Shame they didn't have him on before the election.

But his message was cross-purposes to their message.

eta we might not have needed all of these election post-mortems had the media done its job in the first place.

He was on Morning Joe last week.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

He was on Morning Joe last week.

Too little too late, imho.

Esp. after days and weeks and months of beating the Trump drum.

And liberal voices were shouted down or marginalized. Now we get to hear them? And, I know, the MJ "team" aren't the only ones.

1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

What a show. Just before Moore came on, they were spewing their same old bullshit - Halperin actually said, and I quote, "we all know that although (Trump) did things like the birther movement, did things like the Muslim ban, that we all condemned, we all know that his heart is such, that he can show a different side of himself."

In the words of Maya Angelou, when someone shows you who they are - believe them. As Gore Vidal predicted, fascism will come to America with a smiling face.

And then there was Mika applauding Howard Dean announcing he is in the running for the DNC. Howard Dean is now a lobbyist, and his colleague is Newt Gingrich. Dean has switched sides. Doesn't Mika know that? He was on the damn show enough contorting himself to sell Hillary.

Then it was a useless segment with Bush family coatholder Andy Card, the man who with Alberto Gonzales tried to bully John Ashcroft in a hospital bed to sign off on an illegal surveillance program. Pointless jibba jabba on transitions blah blah.

And then Moore came on and burned the show down. Any comment by me wouldn't give it justice. He was emotional - tears at times - but insightful and eloquent. And just remember that HE was one of the only people who called this happening months ago. He has a better political instinct than any shithead who appeared on this show for the past year and a half. This show needs to have him on all the damn time. (He admits he watches the show every day. He's as bad as us.) I'm surprised he can tolerate it since this is a bunch of gasbag phonies he contemns. And he called them out for being in the bubble (snickering about Trump buying Make America Great Again ballcaps rather than polls or "ground game.")

If I get a chance I will try & find a transcript of Moore's interview. It should be on the MSNBC website. The ballcap comment was very smart. Moore brought his Detroit Tiger Cap. People like baseball caps.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

The difference is that Chris Hayes and Michael Moore share the same political world view, whereas Joe and Michael Moore view issues from opposite sides of the political spectrum. I think that for people with very different viewpoints to be able to have an open, honest, but civil discussion for 45 minutes and then shake hands at the end, is important and much needed at this time. 

• Love 5

The way that Michael Moore dismissed LGBTQ and reproductive rights this morning when he was talking about Thanksgiving conversations made me want to throw up. It's like he doesn't see how horrible it will be for women in general and minorities of all kinds.

• Love 1

Moore will be on Chris Hayes tonight. As pointed out by cased they do share the same viewpoint so it won't be as explosive as this morning. But he is on fire.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Here's the link to the Michael Moore interview.

Thanks. Michael Moore tweeted this morning that he was supposed to be on for 7 minutes, but it ended up being 45 minutes, and they blew through 5 commercial breaks.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Moore will be on Chris Hayes tonight. As pointed out by cased they do share the same viewpoint so it won't be as explosive as this morning. But he is on fire.

I watched that. Moore said he plans to get more involved in the Democratic Party . Kudos to him!. It's better than crying over the results.

9 hours ago, cased said:

The difference is that Chris Hayes and Michael Moore share the same political world view, whereas Joe and Michael Moore view issues from opposite sides of the political spectrum. I think that for people with very different viewpoints to be able to have an open, honest, but civil discussion for 45 minutes and then shake hands at the end, is important and much needed at this time. 

I am impressed that Mika & Joe let Moore talk for so long. Today's show made me happy to watch. Perhaps, they will do more long interviews in the future?

• Love 2

Monday Recap. The era of the Navy Blue sweater is back. Mika is wearing a new white half sleeve turtleneck. She is also wearing a multi coloured scarf. Mika said she spent the weekend consoling her distraught friends, & some GOP members.

They discussed Trump's interview on 60 minutes. Joe asked Ratner why the stock market went up despite the predictions of doom. Ratner said that the market expects less regulation, lower corporate taxes, & more infrasture.

Joe said that Trump will be more isolationist.

Harold Ford was back & agreed with Joe more.

Joe didn't like the protests.

They are discussing the decline of the Democrats since 2008 under Obama. They are debating who should be the next DNC chair. Bernie supports Ellison. Howard Dean wants the job. Dean said you can't be in Congress full time & be DNC chair.

They discussed Bannon vs Priebus.

Richard Haas said the Trump foreign policy will be eclectic.

Joe said Bumper Sticker messages are needed.

• Love 3

Joe said he was right all along & that everyone who said Trump couldn't win the nomination or the Presidency were wrong. Joe said the low expectations for Trump helped him.

General Haden said that the #never Trump generals & foreign policy experts should take the phone calls of the Trump team. There is a lot of work to do. Haas said it is OK not to recant your political views

Donnie Deutsh, Ron Fournier & Walter Isaacson are on the show.

Mika did not like Kate Mckinnon piano playing on Saturday Night Live. Mika wants them to be funny.

• Love 2

Joe is interrupting Donny Deutsh. They are fighting over SNL. Joe is ranting against late night comics. Joe loved Johnny Carson. Joe  said people in middle america voted against elites. Donnie said swith the channel.

Edited by oakville
wrong person
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Which is just what I've done with this worthless show.*

* MJ, I mean, not SNL.

Me too.  Aside from that 45 minute Michael Moore segment I haven't watched a second of this show since the election. It's actually like breaking a bad habit.  Every day it gets a little easier. Hopefully in three weeks I won't even think about it while I'm sipping my morning coffee.  This show has the potential to be so much more...like that Michael Moore segment...but it just turns into one big commercial for how wonderful Joe is and how everyone else is stupid.  He doesn't let anyone have real conversations. He talks over everyone. Both he and Mike are smug and condescending almost all of the time. Even when she isn't speaking Mika is smug with her eye rolling and sighing and whatever other stupid things she does.  This has been going on for over a year and finally the election result was the straw that broke this camel's back.  I'm so done.   I still enjoy reading this forum though so I will stick around even if I'm not watching.

• Love 8

The last segment of the show should be required watching for every DNC fatcat or Democratic legislative leader.  The Democrats have forgotten a large swath of the country and the true tragedy, as Mika pointed out, was that they HAD a candidate who recognized that and spoke to those voters and they did everything in their power to thwart him.  Whine about Comey all you want. That's not going to win seats in 2018 or the presidency back in 2020.

• Love 3

@oakville,  thank you for your daily recaps.

I flipped back and forth this morning between MJ and CNN.  I really can't bear Joe anymore.  To me, he's a sore winner.

But since I did not watch the show beginning to end, I wanted to ask you if my observation is correct or faulty concerning Joe? Whenever he refers to 44, he calls him Barack Obama.  He never addresses him as President.  As a matter of fact, I believe when he talked about Thurday's Oval Office meeting, Joe actually referred to the men as "the President and Barack Obama"!!   

I also thought he used "President Trump" often,  leaving off the  "-Elect" on purpose?

Am I right in my impression, oakville?  Did Joe do that throughout the entire show?  

I know he mentioned he's been speaking to Trump and giving him advice, but his disrespect of President Obama is really obvious and despicable to me.

As I said,  Joe  (and other Trump people too, like Jason Miller and Jeffrey Lord on CNN) are sore winners.  Still blaming the Democrats for Trump's own words!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

So, today  they are back to changing clothes for the last half hour of the show. Mika changed from a white shirt to a black one, and even more bizarrely, Joe changed the shirt that he was wearing under his sweater, but did not change the sweater (his original shirt was white, but he changed to a red and white one).

i know that this is a minor thing, but I find it fascinating and extremely odd that they keep doing this. Why was it even worth the effort for Joe to change the shirt under his sweater, when almost no one would notice?  I don't get it. 

Edited by cased
  • Love 4
On 11/10/2016 at 7:38 AM, Mumbles said:

Why was it even worth the effort for Joe to change the shirt under his sweater, when almost no one would notice?  I don't get it. 

A desperate attempt to mask the stench of Collusion Sweat?

I don't know if I'm going to go back to this show. I catch a clip from time to time on Facebook and it makes me physically ill. I think I am much better off without it.

• Love 4

Uh-huh. Donald Trump's a Democrat, Mika and Joe, if by "Democrat" you mean "misogynist, bigot and bully who opposes abortion, environmental regulations and protections, affordable national health care for those uninsured by employers, unions, and Dodd Frank banking regulations."  He's a "Democrat" who thinks global warming is a Chinese hoax and wants to put surveillance on mosques and curtail the first amendment freedoms of the press.

Of the many irritating things these two say, this one may bother me the most. Because not only is it a lie, but it's one I hear repeated--in fact, just this weekend--by people who watch them.  I was told, using MJ as a source, that, "Maybe we'll be okay because Trump's always been a Democrat." No. He hasn't. And, no. He isn't. Do they LOOK at the people around him? Where is there ANY Democrat???

I wonder if Halperin will be there when Megyn Kelly comes on to talk about her book this week. She writes about the journalists that Trump kisses up to as a way of buying influence--the offered rides on his 757, free stays at Mar-a-lago,  Trump Soho, golf games, etc. I know Halperin's often riding on the Trump plane as a "favored reporter". She doesn't name names, but it would be interesting if Halperin is at the table during that interview (and he may well may be, not to answer questions about his own ethics, but to defend Donald as he so often does). 

re: the clothing changes. Since they share a dressing room, I wondered if it was a way to give them an excuse to go talk in private quickly, or for a quick smooch or for him to slap her around for a minute...who knows with these two?

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4

Wonder what they do during the MJ repeat-hour? 

Er, no, maybe I don't.

But it must involve wardrobe changes.

They're really tying themselves in knots attempting to make the DT palatable.

I at least once today heard Joe mention that they talked to Trump. Could be a new drinking game.  Noon seems to be arriving earlier.

• Love 2