Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I think Joe & Nate Silver deserve kudos for not being ready to project a 100% guaranteed Hillary Presidency.

I am watching MSNBC now & Chris Matthews is fighting with Rachel Maddow.

1 minute ago, Maire said:

I'll have to read about it here because I can never watch this show again. Couldn't bear it.  

It'll take me a month to even watch the news again.

Come back!. I will be up at 6 am doing live commentary on the show!.  Trump just won Pennylvania!.

• Love 2

Interestingly, Matthews asked the panel, other than Trump, Conway and maybe Giuliani, who gets to say "I told you so" tomorrow? And Nicolle replied, Joe and Mika have been calling this for months, they saw the appeal of Trump. Chris smirked and said, oh really? and then muttered something I couldn't hear and Nicolle looked a bit taken aback. Damn, I wish I knew what he said (close-captioning didn't work.)

• Love 3

Good Morning America!.  I am a bit late to the live recap of the show due to just getting up. WTF? You Maniacs! You just blew it up!. " Charlton Heston 's ending scene in Planet of the Apes.......

NBC News projects Donald Trump... President Elect with at least 278 EV.....

OK...... Joe is wearing a navy blue suit jacket with a burgundy tie. Mika is wearing a black sweater. Joe is saying that Obama & Clinton called Trump to concede defeat.

Mika is breathless with naming states like Wisconsin,Ohio, Florida & Penn going for Trump.

Joe is looking at a teleprompter.... Historic revolution since Reagan in 1980! Joe is calling it a Donald Trump revolution.

Nate Silver projected 71.4% chance for Hillary! Joe was right with tweets!.

Exit polls screwed up like 2004. Joe is mocking the exit polls.

Joe is making fun of an old picture of Hillary hugging a girl at 9 pm.  Kasie Hunt was wearing one of Mika's unitarian scarves & acnowledged a shift. Carville was worried. Iowa , Nevada too close to call.....

• Love 2

Mika said the crowd was silenced. The News anchors were sighing.... Trump wins Ohio!. Trump wins NC!. Trump wins Florida, Utah! Iowa! Georgia! Mika shaking her head. Joe is reading off the teleprompter!

Mike Murphy, the Bush campaign manager said he believed in data for 30 years & was wrong!

The Clinton campaign was in disarray. Penn & Wisconsin leaning Trump! Kornacki said Hillary needs more states!

• Love 1

Kristen Welker had to acknowledge that Hillary conceded to Trump.... She looked so sad.

It's a live crowd. Heileman & Halperin & Barnicle! Joe said it's an earthquake.

Willie said it was impossible for Trump to win 12 hours ago. Willie starts listing ates that Trump would have to win... Wisconsin, Penn....

• Love 1

Joe told Halperin that the media mocked Trump for going to Minnesota.

Halperin wants Kelly Anne to show him proof that they knew they could win those states. Halperin had a meeting with KAC on Friday!

Joe talked to Trump's son in law yesterday night. He told Joe that the would win Michigan.

• Love 1

Heileman, had to admit that Mark & Joe were right.

Joe said it was the reverse Bradley effect. Joe said that people being polled were afraid to admit to voting for Trump.

Heileman said there has to be an autopsy on the polling industry. Heileman said he trusted Hillary's polling numbers.

• Love 1

Joe said people told him privately that Trump would get their vote but publicly were for Hillary. They showed a graph of Trump winning College whites 49-45 vs Romney 56-42.

Barnicle now says people in the US would vote for Trump in spite of the media. They were ignored.

Joe said both parties were caught napping.

Joe said there will be a civil war in the Democratic party!

• Love 1

Joe said Biden would have done better than Hillary in Penn. Halperin said Trump has fewer votes than Romney. Mika said that Hillary's e mail server mattered. He blamed Hillary for not giving people a reason to vote for Hillary.

• Love 1

Joe questioned Posh Katty. Katty said people went to sleep in London assuming Brexit wouldn't happen. Posh Katty said her friends are in shock. Katty said the US polls were wrong.

Ratner said that the exit polls were wrong.

• Love 1

Sad facts.  53% of women, 39% of young people and 29% of Hispanics voted trump.

Also, 18 million less people voted than did in 2012.

ITA with landsnark.

No MSNBC, CNN, etc for me for a long time.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Sad facts.  53% of women, 39% of young people and 29% of Hispanics voted trump.

Also, 18 million less people voted than did in 2012.

ITA with landsnark.

No MSNBC, CNN, etc for me for a long time.

Me too. I just can't.  Time to dive into Netflix b/c I won't be able to stomach the news for months maybe even four years. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Thanks, @oakville for your continued coverage!  

I need more coffee.

Ditto.

I put it on at 6:30 this morning and just couldn't.

I need more, er, something other than coffee.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

I really commend all of you for watching MJ today.  I just can't even imagine the gloating that occurred. 

I'm still physically sick to my stomach and to see the two of them go on and on about right they were would just literally take me over the edge.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

I really commend all of you for watching MJ today.  I just can't even imagine the gloating that occurred. 

I'm still physically sick to my stomach and to see the two of them go on and on about right they were would just literally take me over the edge.

I only watched the very beginning, but to my eyes Joe looked a little stunned. Mika seemed smirkier.

I'm with the others who say they're going to have to give this mess a rest for a while. I am sad and sickened and need time to heal. Like, four years' worth of time.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Not going to do this for a while.  I won't support this show, and I won't make the mistake of conflating political analysis with entertainment.  I played a role.

I will never turn this show on again. Never. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I only watched the very beginning, but to my eyes Joe looked a little stunned. Mika seemed smirkier.

I'm with the others who say they're going to have to give this mess a rest for a while. I am sad and sickened and need time to heal. Like, four years' worth of time.

Joe bragged about talking to Trump last night. Trump answered the phone & was polite with Joe.

23 minutes ago, cased said:

So Trump TV is off the table for Joe and Mika, but what about a role for Joe in the Trump administration? Imagine Joe as Press Secretary! That would be something else.

I suspect MSNBC will want them to stay. They were more Pro _Trump than anyone else on the network.

• Love 1

So Trump TV is off the table for Joe and Mika, but what about a role for Joe in the Trump administration? Imagine Joe as Press Secretary! That would be something else.

I'm not sure what the WH press secretary makes but I would guess it would be pay cut of approximately $7.8 million a year. And it would be a step down  - in fact most people take the job in hopes of a job like Joe has now. He is not going anywhere.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I'm not sure what the WH press secretary makes but I would guess it would be pay cut of approximately $7.8 million a year. And it would be a step down  - in fact most people take the job in hopes of a job like Joe has now. He is not going anywhere.

But it would add more to Joe's repertoire. "Back when I was in the WH..."

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I could see Mika & Joe getting an exclusive interview with President Elect Trump.  Kelly Ann Conway let it slip on Monday's show that Trump would sometimes call Mika after the show. They are friendlier than they let on.

Oh Joe. Did Trump tell you he considers himself to be the next FDR or did you just make that up your ownself?

And Mika? Channeling Trump making a call to Elizabeth Warren, "Hey Lizziee...", is really disgusting. 

These people can be even more reprehensible than previously thought.

And it doesn't help to keep saying, "We [the media] thought he'd never win!"

We remember your lack of critical thinking skills,

• Love 2

Thursday Recap.

Joe is wearing a blue blazer with a red tie & tan pants.Mika is wearing a light great sweater with a navy dress under neath. Joe is very happy that Hillary conceded the election gracefully. Joe was happy that Obama will meet with Trump.

The big theme today is Trump is really a Democrat & will make deals with Lizzie Warren,Pelosi & Chuck Shumer. Trump has given money to Democrats for years & knws them well. This is the first NY President since FDR ?.

Joe said Trump will have a big infrastructure program & rebuild America. Trump will make deals with everybody.

Walter Isaacson, Barnicle & Woodward agreed that the media should talk to voters. Isaacson said in 1980 , they wre in NH & knocked on voters door and talked to them.

Joe went on a long rant against Andrew Sullivan for attacking him for not 100% supporting Obama winning. Joe said the NY Times should not have been predicting 84% Trump for weeks throughout the election. Joe said he supported Nate Silver saying there was a 30% chance of Trump winning. Joe said the NY Times reporters should stop sending so many angry Twets about Trump.

Joe said that Trump will open up the White house to everyone & have lotss of parties & socialize with everyone. I think Mika & Joe want to be invited to those parties.

Doris Godwin? said that the election was like Dewey=Truman. The reporters were all wrong.

Joe said he drove with Mika through Connecticut & saw all the Trump signs. Joe said the Trump rallies showed that he was tapping into energy of the people in rural America.

Mika said she saw handmade Trump signs. Joe said Trump will probably make a deal to replace Obamacare with something better. It will be beautiful!

Mika was upset that Hillary had a wall & wouldn't socialize with them.

Joe bragged that he let all the candidates call in to his show.

Joe said he was right about the election & anything can happen in a week's time in politics.

Joe said Trump will play golf with Bill Clinton.

They let Sam Stein apologize for missing the elction call & not taking Trump seriously for over a year. The Huffingpost had a disclaimer about Trump.

Joe said the media should stop calling Trump a fascist.

Mika impersonated Trump calling Lizzie Warren.

Ratner apologized for saying the stock market would crash. Bank stocks are up & heavy machinery stocks will do well.

I enjoyed today's show. I liked the historical analysis with Doris. She said many President 's didn't like each other but they got along after the transition of power. Joe said it's an exclusive club.

They briefly mentioned the protests in NYC against Trump.

Chris Jansing will be at the White House. She is really there for the Cleveland Cavaliers reception at the White House.

I like Chris Jansing. She should replace Mika when she is on holidays.

Barnicle doesn't like sabermetrics in politics. It's OK for baseball. I do agree that reporters should talk to voters outside NY & Washington.

Mika said the newsbusiness made cutbacks to man on the street interviews. The reportes cannot stay in Iowa for weeks to cover a story.

• Love 2

Obama said Bush Jr allowed a smooth transition of power to him & was very nice. Melania will meet with Michelle.

Jon Podheartz was on the show. He was a good guest. It's nice to see some different guests.

Harold Ford Jr came on & agreed with Joe. It looks like they stopped fighting.

2 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

She should replace Mika.  Period.

I noticed that Posh Katty & Cackles Wallace usually replace Mika when she is on vacation.

Mike Duffy wrote a book called the Presidents Club. It's a 64 year old tradition of having a meeting between the new President Elect & the President.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Oh Joe. Did Trump tell you he considers himself to be the next FDR or did you just make that up your ownself?

And Mika? Channeling Trump making a call to Elizabeth Warren, "Hey Lizziee...", is really disgusting. 

These people can be even more reprehensible than previously thought.

And it doesn't help to keep saying, "We [the media] thought he'd never win!"

We remember your lack of critical thinking skills,

Barnicle said that no one focused on the issues like health care , trade , taxes etc during the election. Everyone was caught up discussing Access Hollywood videos, & minor matters. He said there was too much horse race coverage.

Joe said Trump cannot just take away healthcare from people in Wisconsin.They will get mad & vote him out of power.

49 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Today was the first day in about two years that I deliberately did not watch the show.

I had a remarkably peaceful morning. It felt good.

It was a good show today.

• Love 2

Hillary Clinton often told the story of when Bill was newly elected POTUS in 92, Barbara Bush graciously gave her a tour of the White House.  BB explained that Nancy Reagan basically gave her the keys and said see ya later.  BB then said to HRC 'let's start a new tradition' of First Ladies (or Spouses) helping with their own transition of power.  HRC did it for Laura Bush, who in kind did it for MO.

• Love 2

The last 10 minutes of the show were hilarious. Joe had Mr Hillbilly Elegy & Mohand"Hair raising" on the show. Mohand said he talked to people across the country & wanted to focus on Why? people voted for Trump. He started talking about racist statements that Trump made. Joe started shouting at him. Joe said Trump voters want a better life for their kids. Joe agreed that some of Trump's comments were not constitutional. joe said Crypto Nazis don't call Nancy Pelosi & Chuck Shumer.

Joe said he will take on the GOP for being blind to the suffering of people hurting in Michigan & Wisconsin. Joe said the National Review & traditional conservatives didn't help regular Joes.

I think Mika & Joe are happy that Trump was elected. It was a very shrewd move by them to meet with him at trump Tower a few weeks ago.

• Love 1

Lupica from Daily News said that it was a "Mad as Hell- moment" from the movie Network.

A blast from the Past, Tom Coburn showed up & said Trump will make deals with everyone & the plan is to get Government out People's business.

• Love 1

Joe was screaming over Mohand so much that even Mika turned away disgusted.

Walter Isaacson, Barnicle & Woodward agreed that the media should talk to voters. Isaacson said in 1980 , they wre in NH & knocked on voters door and talked to them.

There was a lot of this going on in print journalism outside the Beltway if they bothered to read something by a reporter outside their cocktail party circuit.

Mike Duffy wrote a book called the Presidents Club. It's a 64 year old tradition of having a meeting between the new President Elect & the President.

I am in a very crabby mood this am but I was just thinking all throughout this segment, who the fuck cares about this inside baseball bullshit? Ooh, Truman thought Ike stabbed him in the back. Wow, Ike thought JFK was not ready for the job. This is what people without a care in the world talk about. What about the cancer survivors who may lose their coverage when Obamacare is repealed and insurers can go back discriminating against preexisting conditions?

And I know people like her and no slight against you, but if I never hear Doris Kearns Goodwin trot out with her tortured comparisons to FDR wartime White House or the Lincoln Cabinet or whatever, it will be too soon. She is in the same social circle as Barnicle and the late Tim Russert and that's why she gets so much airtime.

And I really really hope for the first time in my life that Joe is right about Trump being more moderate than he lets on. But then again these Beltway folks said the same thing about Bush 43 and his "compassionate conservative" marketing bullshit before he took office.

• Love 7

This is what people without a care in the world talk about. What about the cancer survivors who may lose their coverage when Obamacare is repealed and insurers can go back discriminating against preexisting conditions?

And I really really hope for the first time in my life that Joe is right about Trump being more moderate than he lets on. But then again these Beltway folks said the same thing about Bush 43 and his "compassionate conservative" marketing bullshit before he took office.

Mumbles you hit the nail on the head. These people are sitting on piles of money and privilege. Must be nice.

Thank you all for your coverage. I have not turned on cable news since Tuesday night. Silver lining: I've lost about 5 pounds because I have had a stomach ache since then. Thanks DJTjr!!!! (maybe this will replace Michelle's "lets'move" campaign.)

Edited by Maire
  • Love 3

I have not and will not watch MSNBC during the day ever again.  And I detest Joe, Mika, and the rest of the chuckle-heads on Morning Smug and Entitlement.  For God's sake...quit bellyaching about "the media" need to go talk to regular people, yada yada yada.  HELLO!  Aren't you guys the media?  God help us all.  I heard Hazmat Halperin say the SAME frickin' thing last week on his show-that-would-be-so-much-better-with-Donny Duetsche-and Heileman....how "the media needs to do it's job"..or some such.  That's who YOU guys are supposed to be.  Good Lord, I just can't anymore with these people.  Whether hubby misses his MJ hate-watch every morning or not, we are going to start tuning in to CBS with Nora, Gayle and Charlie.  I keep hoping that venting will make me feel better about what has happened in general and this show in particular....it is not working.  Lower ratings are the only thing that will get rid of this group of smug, entitled, privileged, over-educated, fake intellectual, over-paid media whores.  I would be happy just to start with the departure of the Bloviator and his shallow, bleached, squinty, born-on-third-base-and thinks-she-hit-a-triple beaten down, browbeaten, bitchy sidekick.  I apologize if I have been too harsh; I don't want to get one of those warnings because this is the first time I have ever in my life posted or said such things to anyone other than my fellow retiree friends or my  senior-citizen-women-comprised coffee group.  The the hubby, of course; the man is a saint.  I will, however, keep up with the show through this thread.  You people are Gods.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

That's one of my hopes. I think I actually heard both he and Mika say that Trump's a Democrat! I wondered if a Trump-minion was watching.

And ditto 43. I don't know if misplaced hope is any better than no hope. At least it comes with a side of optimism.

They seemed relatively subdued today.