Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

@oakville,  thank you for your daily recaps.

I flipped back and forth this morning between MJ and CNN.  I really can't bear Joe anymore.  To me, he's a sore winner.

But since I did not watch the show beginning to end, I wanted to ask you if my observation is correct or faulty concerning Joe? Whenever he refers to 44, he calls him Barack Obama.  He never addresses him as President.  As a matter of fact, I believe when he talked about Thurday's Oval Office meeting, Joe actually referred to the men as "the President and Barack Obama"!!   

I also thought he used "President Trump" often,  leaving off the  "-Elect" on purpose?

Am I right in my impression, oakville?  Did Joe do that throughout the entire show?  

I know he mentioned he's been speaking to Trump and giving him advice, but his disrespect of President Obama is really obvious and despicable to me.

As I said,  Joe  (and other Trump people too, like Jason Miller and Jeffrey Lord on CNN) are sore winners.  Still blaming the Democrats for Trump's own words!

@sleekandchic. I am re watching the 7 oclock hour show now to see how Joe refers to President Obama & President Elect Trump. Joe does switch around a lot calling him Obama, President Obama. Mika likes using the term President Elect Trump. I don't think the use of the last name is that bad, although it's probably more polite to use the term. President Obama & President Elect Trump. You are correct that throughout the show's history, Joe has been condescending towards President Obama. Joe was outraged that a first term Senator could win the Presidency. He has always been mad at President Obama not doing deals with the GOP & not having enough cocktail parties & shmoozing for insiders. Joe trashed Marco Rubio for trying to do the same thing as President Obama. I am pretty sure that Joe supported Charlie Crist in 2010 for the GOP Senate Primary.

Mika & Joe are very "thirsty" i.e. desperate for attention. They were among Trump's initial supporters in the media. Mika & Joe turned on him in August but seemed to have repaired the relationship by October. Joe often bragged about staying at Mar A Largo. I can virtually guarantee that Mika & Joe will try to get an exclusive interview with PE Trump by January. They will also be at the inauguration.  Joe & Mika will try to become informal press advisors to PE Trump. I wonder if he will take their advice?

• Love 3

Joe was outraged that a first term Senator could win the Presidency. He has always been mad at President Obama not doing deals with the GOP & not having enough cocktail parties & shmoozing for insiders.

Yeah, but somehow he's okay with an obnoxious blowhard with NO political experience.

btw, Oakville, I will be in Oakville this week! I will think of you while I am there.

• Love 3

Thanks very much, @oakville!  Your observations make me feel a little better. Since I was flipping back and forth between MJ and CNN, I did wonder if I was being fair or if I had just landed on the couple of times Joe called Trump, President, while refusing that honor to our current prez.

I really give you a lot of credit for sticking through the entire show every day, oakville!  I think you have nerves of steel!  :)  I especially go kookooluks when Joe asks a question, then 10 seconds in, jumps on the guest, interrupts and/or attacks the guest for daring to answer!  It's rare that a guest gets to finish his thoughts.   

Joe really should do the show solo, no Mika, no Willie.  Just Joe in a big spotlight every morning.  He can talk about 1992,  the years when he was in Congress, Reagan, the Original Bush, and how smart, prescient and intuitive he himself has always been about politics.  And TrumpTrumpTrump!  Take a breath.  TrumpTrumpTrump!   ;)

• Love 4

Thanks to those of you who watch the show so I don't have to. I'm having to ration my television media diet strictly,

But oh the irony of Mika not liking Kate's SNL opening at the piano because she thinks SNL should be funny First of all Mika has no sense of humor and has no clue to what funny is. Secondly, she is to stupid and oblivious to pop culture and a host of other things to understand most of the shows references, characters and jokes.  And even though she is of the generation that could remember the early days of SNL. I doubt seriously that she knows who John Belushi or Gilda Radner were. And of course she's never heard of Leonard Cohen or heard Hallelujah performed by anyone.

• Love 10

For all of Joe's wailing about the coastal elites and Saturday Night Live not getting middle America he seems unwilling to understand why people are afraid and upset.  They act like people are only upset because they're ass hurt over Hillary lost, they don't understand that some people are literally afraid for their lives and the lives of loved ones.  Talk about flipping elite.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, miss carousel said:

Thanks to those of you who watch the show so I don't have to. I'm having to ration my television media diet strictly,

But oh the irony of Mika not liking Kate's SNL opening at the piano because she thinks SNL should be funny First of all Mika has no sense of humor and has no clue to what funny is. Secondly, she is to stupid and oblivious to pop culture and a host of other things to understand most of the shows references, characters and jokes.  And even though she is of the generation that could remember the early days of SNL. I doubt seriously that she knows who John Belushi or Gilda Radner were. And of course she's never heard of Leonard Cohen or heard Hallelujah performed by anyone.

I am glad you caught on to my sarcasm. Mika never understands any pop culture references. Joe must have made her watch SNL.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

Thanks very much, @oakville!  Your observations make me feel a little better. Since I was flipping back and forth between MJ and CNN, I did wonder if I was being fair or if I had just landed on the couple of times Joe called Trump, President, while refusing that honor to our current prez.

I really give you a lot of credit for sticking through the entire show every day, oakville!  I think you have nerves of steel!  :)  I especially go kookooluks when Joe asks a question, then 10 seconds in, jumps on the guest, interrupts and/or attacks the guest for daring to answer!  It's rare that a guest gets to finish his thoughts.   

Joe really should do the show solo, no Mika, no Willie.  Just Joe in a big spotlight every morning.  He can talk about 1992,  the years when he was in Congress, Reagan, the Original Bush, and how smart, prescient and intuitive he himself has always been about politics.  And TrumpTrumpTrump!  Take a breath.  TrumpTrumpTrump!   ;)

Thanks. I am so behind. I just finished watching Monday's show. The Thomas Frank & Propica guests were very interesting. Joe said that for the first time since 1928, there is no Nixon or Bush in the GOP Whitehouse. Everyone is excited on the panel that Trump destroyed the Clinton & Bush dynasties!

I think Joe thinks that he will be the brains behind a Trump administration. All Hail King Joe.!

Hopefully, Trump doesn't remember the nasty articles that Joe wrote about him in August. LOL!. Get out the Bleach Bit Joe:)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Eliot said:

Yeah, but somehow he's okay with an obnoxious blowhard with NO political experience.

btw, Oakville, I will be in Oakville this week! I will think of you while I am there.

I know! Welcome to Oakville!. JOe can give him lectures on being a morning blowhard.

Why did Mika & Joe change outfits after 8:30 am? This is a mystery. Mika has leopard pants!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Wonder what they do during the MJ repeat-hour? 

Er, no, maybe I don't.

But it must involve wardrobe changes.

They're really tying themselves in knots attempting to make the DT palatable.

I at least once today heard Joe mention that they talked to Trump. Could be a new drinking game.  Noon seems to be arriving earlier.

Joe was also bragging yesterday that Spicer from the GOP told him on election day that Trump would win Michigan & do well in Wisconsin. Joe knows everybody!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, car54 said:

I'd like to know who the most important woman in the world that Mika talked to was.

Valery Jarret? Tina Brown? Mika called Joe Rain Man.

Tuesday Recap coming later Today! Joe is wearing a suit! Mika is the Lady in the Red Turtleneck.

• Love 3

Oh Tom Cotton, you snivelling blowhard.  Yup, keep on believing that Iran was so afraid of Reagan that they gave back the hostages when he took office. "Afraid", not some sort of Russian type hack or behind the scenes deal to get rid of Carter. And the panel just let him do his talking points for 5 minutes straight with no challenges. 

ETA - did they not mention Gwen Ifill's passing? I didn't catch it.

Edited by Dagny
forgot something
  • Love 3

Joe pulled a Donald and was literally tweeting all day Sunday. From about 3am. Since he didn't spend the weekend in London - that's fucked up. And of course it was infuriating pro Trump crap. 

I wonder how those two are handling that relationship. He is always home (I'm guessing still with the ex?), and Mika posts a lot of pics with her dog - meaning she's at her home. I do notice that they're coming out of their closet a bit more with lots of mentions of what "WE" are doing together. There was just one about them driving around Connecticut and seeing Trump signs. 

I don't think I dislike anyone more than smug ass Halperin. Of the H&H team, why do we get HIM? At least Joe can be witty funny. Halperin is just infuriatingly smug. And poor Donnie (whom I used to despise) got cut off before even beginning his sentence. He even said that they usually interrupt him while he's talking, not before. 

Interesting to hear that Harold Ford was at a family wedding with Joe. I guess they just sign on for on air flogging but don't pass up a well catered wedding?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

For all of Joe's wailing about the coastal elites and Saturday Night Live not getting middle America he seems unwilling to understand why people are afraid and upset.

This just infuriates me. Last week when Prof. Eddie said that he had to explain to his son how a racist was elected president, Joe had the audacity to equate that to a mother in Iowa trying to explain to her son why Hillary Clinton wasn't in jail. Yeah...those two are totally equal situations.

For the record, there are plenty of people in "middle America" (I'm a Hoosier), who are afraid and upset about the next four years, too. We watch SNL with glee, we understand dog whistles when we hear them, we're liberal. We are often in the minority, but we exist. Joe seems to think that we're all ex-coal miners who only watch Fox News and want to live life like its 1957.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Joe pulled a Donald and was literally tweeting all day Sunday. From about 3am. Since he didn't spend the weekend in London - that's fucked up. And of course it was infuriating pro Trump crap. 

I wonder how those two are handling that relationship. He is always home (I'm guessing still with the ex?), and Mika posts a lot of pics with her dog - meaning she's at her home. I do notice that they're coming out of their closet a bit more with lots of mentions of what "WE" are doing together. There was just one about them driving around Connecticut and seeing Trump signs. 

I don't think I dislike anyone more than smug ass Halperin. Of the H&H team, why do we get HIM? At least Joe can be witty funny. Halperin is just infuriatingly smug. And poor Donnie (whom I used to despise) got cut off before even beginning his sentence. He even said that they usually interrupt him while he's talking, not before. 

Interesting to hear that Harold Ford was at a family wedding with Joe. I guess they just sign on for on air flogging but don't pass up a well catered wedding?

Joe's separation agreement was made public a few years ago. Joe was living in part of his home in Canaan Connecticut. There is a special bunker in the basement where Joe can broadcast his rants from on special occasions. The bunker is soundproofed so his rants won't scare the neighbours. The bunker has a closet which contains a guitar, ties , shirts & blazers. Joe's ex wife cannot access the bunker.

I think Mika still has access to the family home in Bronxville NY. She used to pose for pictures with Joe in the renovated living room. It's a bit strange because the magazine that showed the renovations mentioned she was married to Mr. Jim Hoffer. Why wouldn't she pose for pictures with her husband or kids or her dog? Why did Joe have to be in the picctures?

• Love 2

There is a special bunker in the basement where Joe can broadcast his rants from on special occasions.

I just wanted to say that this made me laugh out loud. Because it's true!

Lol. It helps that Ford is dead behind the eyes. Joe can yell at him like a bitch and he'll keep showing up.

• Love 3

Tuesday mini recap. Joe said there are 4 parties in Washington. Trump GOP. Ryan GOP. Schumer Dem & Sanders Democrats.

Mika & Joe continued to attack SNL saying it wasn't a funeral for the USA that Trump got elected. Willie had to meekly agree.

Kasie Hunt admitted that Hillary didn't campaign as much as Trump.

Joe said Obama was right that you have to show up in all towns in Iowa to win. You can't just go to Demographically friendly areas.

Barnicle said Trump showed up in inner cities. Jeremy Peters said Trump got over 10% of the AA vote.

Barnicle said Democrats forgot about working classes & inner cities.

Mika said that Trump' slogan of What do you have to Lose? worked very well with the inner cities.

Mika mocked the Beyonce & Lena Dunham wing of the Democrats party.

Schmidt said there will be a Democratic Tea Party

Wednesday Recap. Mika is wearing a grey sweater. Joe is back to the blue fleece. Mika did not approve. Joe said fleece comforts the viewers.

First topic. Trump transition in chaos. Christie & his allies are out. No more lobbyists on the team.

Joe said he was right about Guiliani & others bragging about saying he would be named Secretary of State.

Ignatious & Halperin are on the set.

Joe said he was on important civil service committees when he was in Congress. Joe said there would be leas if he tried to get too close to the Clinton.

Halperin is worried about someone from the Reagan campaign being involved in the transition.

Joe likes Bob Corker, Tom Cotton & Jeff Sessions for key cabinet posts.

Joe does not like John Bolton.

Joe said Rudy Giuliani sucked when he campaigned for President. Joe said Rudy should keep quiet,

Rudy made a lot of money from security contracts after he started the consulting company.

Mika & Joe seem to know a lot of Trump's transition. Are they secretly working on it? They keep saying Trump would say this & take this person seriously.

Edited by oakville
spelling
  • Love 4

For the record, there are plenty of people in "middle America" (I'm a Hoosier), who are afraid and upset about the next four years, too. We watch SNL with glee, we understand dog whistles when we hear them, we're liberal. We are often in the minority, but we exist. Joe seems to think that we're all ex-coal miners who only watch Fox News and want to live life like its 1957.

Fellow Hoosier here!  

Was today  open mike night at the Improv ?  Joe, for the love of God, leave the comedy to the professionals.  

Anybody else see Hallie cover her face in shame after her live report?  I don't know what's worse, covering Trump or having to deal with Dumb & Dumber.

That 20 minutes was enough to remind me why I quit watching this crap. Back to West Wing reruns. 

• Love 3

The group brings up Reagan and Nixon. Does no one remember what happened during those administrations? How many resignations and indictments.

If everyone knew what a piece of work Rudy was, why didn't they bring it up during the campaign and complain

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Dagny said:

The group brings up Reagan and Nixon. Does no one remember what happened during those administrations? How many resignations and indictments.

If everyone knew what a piece of work Rudy was, why didn't they bring it up during the campaign and complain

Yes, and why did they continually welcome him onto the show with open arms and allow him to spout his bile unchallenged?

• Love 4

wow! Joe is now calling into Kate Snow's show at 3:30pm talking about how Trump is considering Nikki Haley for Sec of State. So what? He's now the liason between Trump and the Media?  He's also talking about what the Trump team was doing today and how they discussed cabinet appointments. He knew specifics. 

I don't think I've ever heard Joe calling in to someone else's show on MSNBC in a veryyy long time.  He's now in all his glory.  I thought I was escaping him when I ditched MJ but no here he is tainting my other shows.

• Love 4

Hear ye!  Hear ye!

Tuned in to MSNBC at around 3:30pET.   Splashed across the screen:

BREAKING NEWS:  

Scarborough:  Trump considering Nikki Haley as Secy of State

BREAKING NEWS:

Scarborough:  Trump considering GOP rivals for cabinet

So I guess Joe is working the phone with Trump, then using him as a source?  I'd assume that's okay with Trump?  Otherwise wouldn't Trump cut Joe off for not keeping their convos confidential?

I think there's a real unsavory element to Joe's yapping on the phone, then running to tell his news division what he's learned.  Just another way to feed Joe's massive ego.  Or is Trump being calculated and using Joe for his own purposes?  Maybe Joe doesn't realize he's being used as a pawn? I just can't understand how two mega narcissists like Joe and DT can maintain a friendship.

-----------

ETA:  scoobie1, hi!  You beat me to it!  I share your shock.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 2

There is absolutely no limits to this man's (Joe) ego.  I actually think he is running things at the network; wonder how Kate Snow felt about being usurped?  I am on week 2 of my MSNBC daytime avoidance.  I live for these recaps.

• Love 3

Thursday Recap. Mika is hosting alone today. Mika is wearing her apple picking shirt & a black sweater. Long time watchers know what happens when Mika is on her own. Mika is excited about Joe's scoops. Will we see Joe in the bunker later today?

Mika doesn't like General Flynn holding her dad's old job. Halperin said he is pro Turkey govt, which is bad because they are cracking down on journalists. Halperin said Obama still considers Turkey to be an ally. Flynn used to get contracts from the Turkish government.

Mika is furious about Rudy might get Secretary of State. Joe said that Nikki Haley is a contender for Secretary of State.

Mika & Joe said they know her. Mika likes symbolic reasons for picking Haley.

Nikki has no foreign policy credentials. 

Mika is now an expert Trumpoligist. She knows Trump wouldn't pick a blowhard like Rudy. She is now bragging at how much Joe talks to Trump on a regular basis.

I think I have whiplash. Mika was practically demanding that every GOP guest denounce Trump on the set from July-September. Joe demanded that he be removed from the nomination in the Washington Post.

Now it seems they were BFF's all along??? Did Mika & Joe pretend to be fighting with Trump for ratings?

Does Trump have an incriminating video of Mika & Joe at a Trump hotel together?

Tyle said Jared Kushner has a close relationship with Trump. He is running the show.

Halperin said Trump picks credentially people like Pence over Christie & Gingrich who would have hurt him politically

Is Trump picking the cabinet like a season of the Apprentice? This would be a good SNL skit.

Barnicle is mentioning some names of people who have good credentials but are not on the list for Trump.

Why not bring someone on the show who can compare how Obama picked his cabinet with how Trump is doing it?

• Love 3

Mika said she knew that Bernie was a better candidate than Hillary. Bernie is upset at Bannon in the White House.

Halperin said that Bernie believes that Hillary was to close to Wall Street & went to many fundraisers.

Mika said the 200K speeches hurt on main street.

Mika is now getting   case of " Joe I was right all along ITIS". Mika said no one listened to her for the past year.

Barnicle said the fundraising & speeches didn't hurt. Barnicle forgot to mention that his wife went to the cocktail parties for Hillary.

Tyler said it was a Change election. Change beat the Status Quo.

• Love 3

Barnicle said Hillary lost because she ran on a campaign theme of "It's my turn".

Mika will not accept that. She is on a Mika rant. Hillary servers,emails, speeches etc, Bill & Quatar etc cost her the election.

Willie said the Democrats shouldn't annoint a candidate. What about the super Delegates?

• Love 3

Omg oakville you are killing me!

Here's my theory:  Joe is over at The Tower this morning negotiating to be DT's consigliere.  Remember in The Godfather? Robert Duvall's character (lawyer Tom Hagen).  He did the quiet dirty work.  Like the Hollywood producer who refused Don Corleone's request found the decapitated head of his favorite horse under his bedsheets.  Remember?  That will be Joe.

Then the "rehabilitation" of Steve Bannon can begin. Bannon can give a heartfelt speech, apologizing for any misconceptions, explaining the noble purpose and cause of the Boss.  Straight out of Hitler's playbook. Meanwhile, Joe will be the undercover strongman.  Oh those late night bullshit sessions!  Joe, Steve, Jared and Da Boss!

Meanwhile, Kellyanne Cryptmistress is diverting Mika's attention.  When Conway returns to the Dark Tower this morning, she will entice Joe into the mistress bedroom for sex over, under, and including the chandelier.  All will be filmed for blackmail purposes against Joe and to show Mika so she breaks off her relationship.  Divide and conquer is Trump's SOP.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Fellow Hoosier here!  

Was today  open mike night at the Improv ?  Joe, for the love of God, leave the comedy to the professionals.  

Anybody else see Hallie cover her face in shame after her live report?  I don't know what's worse, covering Trump or having to deal with Dumb & Dumber.

That 20 minutes was enough to remind me why I quit watching this crap. Back to West Wing reruns. 

Fellow Hoosier here too -- reddest of red states (at the moment), and yet we relate easily to all Joe says that we do not. I loved with all my heart the "Hallelujah" on SNL. 

• Love 2

I think the show is hilarious. I have to go back & review old recaps.

I find it very suspicious that Joe is getting scoops about Nikki Haley & Rudi Giuliani.

2 weeks ago, KAC was on the show & let it slip thAt Trump called Mika after the show on a regular basis.

I am beginning to think that the September meeting between Trump, Mika & Joe was a deal that they would help him after the election if he won. Trump probably trusts them to give him good advice on media tactics.

Trump must have some incriminating evidence on Mika& Joe.

Joe has stayed at Mar A Lago in the past. I bet Mika& Joe have stayed there before.

• Love 4

CNN @9AM ET

Next hour Trump transition team will give press briefing.  Sources say this will be a daily event moving forward.

Maybe Joe was there this morning to give guidance?  Cause he's so "media savvy"?  I'm sure he'd stay behind the scenes because I doubt NBC as his employer would appreciate Joe doing this officially.  If he wants to actually join the admin, he needs to resign from NBC.  Since the prez himself makes a mere $400K, no way Joe can keep his $8 mill paycheck.  So he will probably need to remain behind the curtain.

32 minutes ago, sleekandchic said:

CNN @9AM ET

Next hour Trump transition team will give press briefing.  Sources say this will be a daily event moving forward.

Maybe Joe was there this morning to give guidance?  Cause he's so "media savvy"?  I'm sure he'd stay behind the scenes because I doubt NBC as his employer would appreciate Joe doing this officially.  If he wants to actually join the admin, he needs to resign from NBC.  Since the prez himself makes a mere $400K, no way Joe can keep his $8 mill paycheck.  So he will probably need to remain behind the curtain.

I don't know where Joe is, but fir the last hour he has been engaged in a Twitter war with someone from Esquire who once called Mika a "meat puppet"

quite amusing

• Love 3

Thank goodness for Willie and even Halperin today.  First, when Mika was strangely enthusiastic about the Haley rumor, Willie was all, uh, her entire career has been based in South Carolina, why is she qualified for State?

Then that Tyler troll said in response to the Bernie clip that Bernie was calling the Trump voters racist and Willie was all, listen to the entire clip, bitch, he only said a small proportion was racist, most just are economically insecure and Trump listened to them.

And then Mika said something about Trump hitting a reset button on the hate and racism since the election and Halperin was all, uh, Steve Bannon?

I swear I saw Willie deadpan stare aside at the camera a la The Office at some point.

The best part of the show was the juxtaposition of the clip of Hillary being all poor me, and the clip of Bernie being all, here's why we lost and here's what we can do.

(Okay in fairness I did read some articles about the Clinton speech and while there was some self-pity she also said some okay, even inspiring, things. It is just interesting they chose the wah-wah stuff.)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

And then Mika said something about Trump hitting a reset button on the hate and racism since the election and Halperin was all, uh, Steve Bannon?

I've been avoiding this show since November 9 (thank you all so very much for keeping me posted, and allowing me to avoid the shit show myself!), but I decided to check it out this morning and I tuned in just in time to hear Mika say this. I had to rewind and listen again because I was sure that she didn't suggest that we just "reset" Trump's past racism, sexism, and misogyny. Nope...apparently since the Prez-elect has managed to avoid saying anything overtly offensive for 8 days, all of his bullshit from the campaign in forgiven. RESET everyone...it was all just a dream like that horrible season of Dallas!

Alslo, I'm not so vain to think that I represent every "heartlander" but I seriously don't think that the majority of us gave a damn about the speeches. Not to the extent that Mika is making it an issue. MIKA cared about the server, MIKA cared about the speeches, but the Trump voters that I've encountered were mostly looking for change.

I'm convinced that the Nikki Haley suggestion came because someone suggested that the need a brown Republican with a vagina, and the options were too few.

2 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

"All due respect" got cancelled. Last show is December 2

Is it cancelled on Bloomberg too, or just from MSNBC? I enjoy this show, even with Halperin.

Edited by jazzpno
Oops! Should have read the link first.
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, cased said:

I don't know where Joe is, but fir the last hour he has been engaged in a Twitter war with someone from Esquire who once called Mika a "meat puppet"

quite amusing

Charlie Pierce, love the guy.

I've been sleeping in - up late watching Netflix or anything but the breakdown of America live on teevee.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, NextIteration said:

Charlie Pierce, love the guy.

I've been sleeping in - up late watching Netflix or anything but the breakdown of America live on teevee.

I think calling Mika a meat puppet is rude. I looked up the definition & it does apply to her. Mika is a very different host when Joe is away. She was getting heated with her KAC interview yesterday over Aleppo, Nikki Hayley & Bannon.

Friday Recap. Mika is wearing a sleeveless black dress with a violet scarf. joe is wearing a navy blue blazer with a blue tie from his Bunker Suit collection. Posh Katty is there & long winded Meacham who started rambling about Harry Knox, the VP who was in FDR's cabinet.

Posh Katty said the US empire will go away gracefully.

Joe confirmed that he spoke to Trump yesterday. Joe told the panel that Trump said that he & Romney were tough on each other. Joe said Trump is seriously considering letting Romney be SOS.

Joe said Obama & Clinton fought in 2008, but Obama put her in his cabinet.

Posh Katty would be happy with Romney as SOS.

They showed clips of Romney trashing Trump.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think calling Mika a meat puppet is rude. I looked up the definition & it does apply to her. Mika is a very different host when Joe is away. She was getting heated with her KAC interview yesterday over Aleppo, Nikki Hayley & Bannon.

I find Me-eka much more offensive than you do - to me?  She's a nasty bitter privileged hypocrite.  I'm listening to the show this morning and it's positively Orwellian.  Charlie Pierce has more talent in his pinky than all the sycophants on Morning Joe.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

I find Me-eka much more offensive than you do - to me?  She's a nasty bitter privileged hypocrite.  I'm listening to the show this morning and it's positively Orwellian.  Charlie Pierce has more talent in his pinky than all the sycophants on Morning Joe.

I agree that Mika can be very nasty, bitter & a hypocrite. I think she is freaking out that Flynn is getting the job that her dad had in the Carter administration.

I am watching the show closely & I believe it's becoming Trump TV Morning edition. Joe is going on about Trump's family like he is an Palace insider.

I expect Mika to be wearing clothes & Jewellry from Ivanka's collection.

It's stunning after the attacks on Trump throughout the summer.

Nick Confessore said that Jared Kushner will be like Valery Jarrett.

• Love 2

Tim Ryan democrat is challenging Pelosi for the House Leader. Joe goaded him by making him state the the Democrats lost 68 seats in Congress since 2010. Smallest elected  Democrat officials in all levels of government since 1929. Ryan wants to win seats in Congress for the Democrats in Florida & Indiana. Pelosi said she has the support of 2/3 of the caucus.

There will be a Democrat Tea Party according to Steve Scmidt.?

The Politico guy trashed the 70 year old Democrats running the party.

Edited by oakville
spelling

Ryan said Democrats have to talk to all working class people not just African Americans, Gays etc. There are people who come from various races that are in the working class. I think he means not focusing on the race of the voter, but the socio economic status.

• Love 2