Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Eliot said:

The one who made me sick was Cassidy. Even Joe was having a hard time swallowing the whole "Well, when we destroy Medicaid people will get great jobs that give them insurance!" schtick.

They let these Republican senators and congressmen off way too easy.   Toomey wriggled off the hook quite easily yesterday, apparently because he was willing to snark on Trump, although perhaps they would have let him slide whether he played along or not.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have enjoyed this thread since back in the TWOP days and I cannot thank you folks enough for the laughs you have provided through the years but I just read on Chris Licht's Twitter feed that Joe will be announcing on Colbert tonight that he is no longer a Republican but is now an Independent.  Not sure what scarf Mika will wear to commemorate the occasion but I'm sure it will be the talk of the show tomorrow (DTJr, phhhhfffttt!).

eta:  here is a link from the Colbert show (and what is up with his hair, he has entered Lyle Lovette territory):

http://www.mediaite.com/online/joe-scarborough-announces-hes-leaving-republican-party-now-is-an-independent/

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

"Color Coordinating for Seniors"

"How to Pull off A Bathrobe on Live TV"

"The Art of Eye Rolling & Sighing: A Beginner's Guide to Being Pretentious"

"Know Your (Future Husband's Net) Worth" 

????????

• Love 2

A book deal for Mika

I like Mika fine but most "celebrity" books are crap. I'm sure the non-celebrity authors who work for years on their books feel real great about this kind of stuff.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I like Mika fine but most "celebrity" books are crap. I'm sure the non-celebrity authors who work for years on their books feel real great about this kind of stuff.

I long ago came to hate the phrase "book deal."   Just because you become famous or notorious doesn't mean you have anything worth saying, let alone worth reading.   Too often a "book deal" is a reward for bad behavior. 

As for authors who work for years on their books, Mika's not their biggest problem.  Most people don't read anymore, and the portion of the public that still does isn't seeking quality writing.  They want sensationalist celebrity fluff, preferably laced with profanity.   They want books that make them feel like they're reading shit on their phones.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Unfortunately, the celebrity authors often sell well enough to make it possible for the non-celebs to get a publishing deal. Or so my publisher told me when I got my sad little advance. :(

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Eliot said:

Unfortunately, the celebrity authors often sell well enough to make it possible for the non-celebs to get a publishing deal. Or so my publisher told me when I got my sad little advance. :(

Hey, congratulations on your sad little advance!   You got published!   That's great.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Just Here said:

The Late Show's Twitter feed has a 2 minute preview video:

Gotta love Joe's implied I-was-always-against-Trump rhetoric.

This is another attempt by Joe to try & stay in the limelight. George Will tried this as well. Joe should apologize to viewers for being a hack for Trump for over 1 year. Joe should tell viewers that his top priority is gaining ratings for his show. Joe should explain to viewers why he was sucking up to Trump & Jared after the election & accepted invitations to Mar A Largo & the White House after the election.

Joe should warn viewers that he will go back to the GOP if they win in 2018, because he loves winners.

• Love 5
(edited)

After watching Colbert tonight, I see that the kimono on this morning's show = "Always wear loose clothing after a spray tan."

Edited by suomi
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, oakville said:

This is another attempt by Joe to try & stay in the limelight. George Will tried this as well. Joe should apologize to viewers for being a hack for Trump for over 1 year. Joe should tell viewers that his top priority is gaining ratings for his show. Joe should explain to viewers why he was sucking up to Trump & Jared after the election & accepted invitations to Mar A Largo & the White House after the election.

Joe should warn viewers that he will go back to the GOP if they win in 2018, because he loves winners.

Honestly, I've been waiting for Republicans to stop supporting Trump --- so this news makes me happy and realize that Joe has some morals.  I hope more people follow.

• Love 5

Saw some of Joe/Mika's appearance last night, only three (terribly shallow) comments:

1) Not a fan of Joe's music, the band and backup singers are great however.

2) Joe added extra pomp to his Pompadour...looks a lot like my hair in the '80s. I required electric rollers and a ton of gel...we both resembled roosters.

3) Mika's tanned legs look awkward with the platform pumps (also not a fan of platform pumps) especially since they were the same exact color as her legs. Probably looked less odd when she was standing.

Less shallow, I've been waiting to hear Joe claim that he was leaving the party. He has been so critical, and so eager to call out other, less-critical Republicans. I expect him to be a IINO (Independent in Name Only), because his politics are firmly set in the Republican clay. He really just seems to want to distance himself from the shit storm of the moment. I agree with Oakville, he will come running back as soon as the party regains its dignity...or begins to lose the stain of Trump. I wonder if Joe is so independent as to actually endorse Democrats as well as Republicans. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, suomi said:

After watching Colbert tonight, I see that the kimono on this morning's show = "Always wear loose clothing after a spray tan."

The mystery is solved!. Mika looked very tanned on the show & her legs were shiny. Joe looked tanned as well. Mika was beaming at Joe when he annnounced that he left the GOP. It was hilarious!

Wednesday Recap.

Joe is wearing his traditional  July Green sweater. Mika is wearing a black top & a white cardigan.

The topic is .... Russia! Russia! Russia!. Everyone is in legal jeapordy! Everyone lied! Jared is doomed! Who is leaking info from the White House ?

Joe said it's the summer of 74 & Trump is in a bunker. Can Trump use Joe's bunker?

• Love 4

Joe really, really launched into Bill Clinton today.  Because you know who the real villain is here regarding Trump's collusion with Russia to subvert the American political process?  Bill Clinton.

The snippet from The Today Show with Trump's attorney was demoralizing and scary.  His narrative, which is entirely lies, wasn't hammered flat by Savannah Guthrie or Matt Lauer.  It's the story that 80%+ of Republicans will believe as truth.  And it's the narrative that the right will use to great success to attack Democrats.

• Love 3
(edited)

eta:  here is a link from the Colbert show (and what is up with his hair, he has entered Lyle Lovette territory):

YES!  At first I thought of a Caucasian Don King, but Lyle Lovett is perfect. WTF??

!LOVED! Mike Pence's statement!! So great! Throwing the Trump family under an overly ornate, gold-plated bus.

Yeah Joe is an Independent until a good Republican candidate comes in (ie Paul Ryan or the like).  He basically said he was no longer a Republican and then immediately proceeded to spout all the classic Republican party line beliefs.  Ok then....

I'm here to solve the Mika bathrobe arguement.  Mika was sporting a classic Calvin Klein wrap dress/ coat dress style originally from about 1976.  I had one and they do indeed look like a bathrobe.

PS:  Forgot to say-- Saw on the show the recent survey that 75% of Republicans think there is nothing to the Russian investigation. Aren't about 50-55 % of Americans Republican?  And they don't care???  To quote our country's leader..."Sad."

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 7

Joe really, really launched into Bill Clinton today.  Because you know who the real villain is here regarding Trump's collusion with Russia to subvert the American political process?  Bill Clinton.

It's so interesting that Joe a serial divorcer and adulterer, thinks his berating Bill Clinton isn't the height of hypocrisy. 

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

The snippet from The Today Show with Trump's attorney was demoralizing and scary.  His narrative, which is entirely lies, wasn't hammered flat by Savannah Guthrie or Matt Lauer.  It's the story that 80%+ of Republicans will believe as truth.  And it's the narrative that the right will use to great success to attack Democrats.

Why was Joe mad At Clinton? Was it the speeches he gave in Russia?

I am old enough to remember George Bush  Sr in 1992 complaining about Bill visiting Russia as a student. How times have changed!

• Love 3

Was I the only one who thought of something else when, during their discussion of their Colbert appearance, Mika coyly asked Scarborough if anything else came up last night? I'll show myself back to sixth grade homeroom.

Mark Leibovich is one of my favorite guests on this show. His characterization of Spicer as a former "genial hack" made me laugh out loud.

I can't stand Gavin Newsom and the memorized sound bites he rattled off like the glassy-eyed slick-hair robot that he is. He's a lifelong political hack whose career was jumpstarted by the Getty family. Anyone who was once married to that Fox shrew Kimberly Guilfoyle can't have much substance to him. And while he was rattling off his memorized bits he didn't even bother to respond to the CNBC guy's very valid questions about the crippling inequality in California that has driven people from apartments they lived in for decades to mobile homes. He's clearly angling for a big role in 2020 and exact direction that both parties should avoid. 

• Love 3

Why was Joe mad At Clinton? Was it the speeches he gave in Russia?

He was comparing how the Dems badmouthed Clinton behind closed doors but praised him in public, to the Republicans doing the same now with Trump. 

Any chance to bring up Bill Clinton. I'm sure he'll reference him in his marriage vows to Mika

"I promise to love you forever, to cherish you, to care for you, and unlike Bill Clinton, I promise to not get BJs from a woman 30 yrs younger than me - unless you're cool with  it". 

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I can't stand Gavin Newsom and the memorized sound bites he rattled off like the glassy-eyed slick-hair robot that he is. He's a lifelong political hack whose career was jumpstarted by the Getty family. Anyone who was once married to that Fox shrew Kimberly Guilfoyle can't have much substance to him. And while he was rattling off his memorized bits he didn't even bother to respond to the CNBC guy's very valid questions about the crippling inequality in California that has driven people from apartments they lived in for decades to mobile homes. He's clearly angling for a big role in 2020 and exact direction that both parties should avoid. 

I've heard of Gavin Newsom but had never seen him speak, and my first impression of him was slick former surfer dude who won't get a haircut because he still thinks he looks cool.  And then he seemed to be soooo impressed with himself because he could rattle off statistics about California.  I wanted to reach through the tv and punch him in the head.  I was glad the CNBC guy tried to check him on his spewing of statistics.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Seems totally related to the show. He was a guest, he looked like a middle-aged man sadly attempting to pass himself off as youbg, he mindlessly rattled off statistics, he didn't respond to valid questions, and he was smug.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 2

Any chance to bring up Bill Clinton. I'm sure he'll reference him in his marriage vows to Mika

"I promise to love you forever, to cherish you, to care for you, and unlike Bill Clinton, I promise to not get BJs from a woman 30 yrs younger than me - unless you're cool with  it".

"....And I also promise to be more successful in our marriage than Hillary Clinton, who argueably ran the worst campaign of any candidate in history.  In addition, I vow to be a strong husband, stronger than Obama's stance on Syria"

• Love 13
(edited)

I should just mute Jonathon Turley when he comes on this show.  I think you could get away with first degree murder if he has anything to say about it.  I've just about had it with all of these lawyers and their different interpretations of the law. Some think Don Jr. is in legal trouble, others give him a pass. I suppose that the law is not black and white, but this is giving me a headache. (My daughter is a lawyer, but I still love her.)

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I should just mute Jonathon Turley when he comes on this show.

Yeah.  He was derisive of anybody's opinion that colluding with an enemy nation to spy and cheat in an election is somehow bad.  He practically spat out his thoughts. 

One thing that was very interesting was that the Senator who sits on some committee that oversees the Trump investigations said he was already aware of the Trump Jr meeting and a whole lot more.  Looks like the investigators are doing a thorough job.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, roughing it said:

What did Mike Pence say?

Basically, a short statement of (paraphrasing):  "I have no comment on anything that happened in the campaign, especially anything that might have occurred before I joined the campaign.  And I joined the campaign very late, don't think I met any Trumps until Inauguration Day.  Really, this has nothing to do with me.  #46"  Or, as one tweet paraphrased the comment, "VP Pence has a full schedule devoted to laughter and measuring the Oval Office for new drapes." 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, jjj said:

Basically, a short statement of (paraphrasing):  "I have no comment on anything that happened in the campaign, especially anything that might have occurred before I joined the campaign.  And I joined the campaign very late, don't think I met any Trumps until Inauguration Day.  Really, this has nothing to do with me.  #46"  Or, as one tweet paraphrased the comment, "VP Pence has a full schedule devoted to laughter and measuring the Oval Office for new drapes." 

Was the #46 real?  I heard Joe mention it, but didn't see it.  LOL

(edited)
On 7/10/2017 at 9:32 AM, ButterQueen said:

Am I just missing something, or does Mika really add anything to the show?   Her hair needs an update.

I did love when Joe insulted a panelists tie, she said, "well, you have breakfast on your suit".

For me, the show is always better when Mika is not on. It's a very sad state of affairs when the show is better without one of its hosts.

It is also better when Joe is not on. Love the format, the guests, the flow of the show. Everything except the two leads. Strange. Or as the jackass in chief would say...sad.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

I think they were talking about this (re Pence), from"Business Insider":

A statement from Pence's press secretary noted that the meeting happened before he was named as then-Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's running mate in July.

"The vice president is working every day to advance the president's agenda," Marc Lotter, Pence's press secretary, said in a statement. "He was not aware of the meeting. He is also not focused on stories about the campaign — especially those pertaining to the time before he joined the campaign."

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

I should just mute Jonathon Turley when he comes on this show.  I think you could get away with first degree murder if he has anything to say about it.  I've just about had it with all of these lawyers and their different interpretations of the law. Some think Don Jr. is in legal trouble, others give him a pass. I suppose that the law is not black and white, but this is giving me a headache. (My daughter is a lawyer, but I still love her.)

re: Turdley.   What makes this whole fiasco so deeply troubling isn't just the misdeeds on the part of Trump and Friends.  It's the galvanizing helplessness we feel watching it, hoping in vain that the forces of righteousness will bust through the door and save us even though we KNOW there's NO ONE who can save us.   Trump is Randall Flagg.   Washington is Las Vegas.  And nobody's good enough or strong enough to make a stand. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6

What makes this whole fiasco so deeply troubling isn't just the misdeeds on the part of Trump and Friends.  It's the galvanizing helplessness we feel watching it, hoping in vain that the forces of righteousness will bust through the door and save us even though we KNOW there's NO ONE who can save us.   Trump is Randall Flagg.   Washington is Las Vegas.  And nobody's good enough or strong enough to make a stand. 

In my earlier post I quoted the poll they showed this AM that SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT of Republicans don't care about this!!! It is hopeless! Trump is winning in his paint all the media, except Fox, as "fake news."  Most of America is just seeing this as Democratic Hysteria. They commented this AM that during Watergate no one cared either, they wanted jobs, etc.  I thought that was interesting.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

In my earlier post I quoted the poll they showed this AM that SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT of Republicans don't care about this!!! It is hopeless! Trump is winning in his paint all the media, except Fox, as "fake news."  Most of America is just seeing this as Democratic Hysteria. They commented this AM that during Watergate no one cared either, they wanted jobs, etc.  I thought that was interesting.

I have heard this too, as well as the comparison to the national mindset in the Watergate era that was made on today's show.   But I have also heard commentators say that in the Watergate era things reached a tipping point.  Suddenly everyone came out of the coma and in the space of a weekend the whole nation was focused on Washington.   I cling to that possibility, but when I remind myself that justice will require noble deeds by lawmakers who would gleefully steal healthcare away from women, children and the elderly to enrich the wealthy, my heart sinks.  All we can really rely on is their venal natures and instinct for self-preservation.   The only reason they may turn on Trump is if he becomes too toxic and endangers their hope of reelection.   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 12

For me, Jonathan Turley has become the Magic Eight Ball of the legal profession.  I have seen him on various cable shows and he seems to adjust his analysis based on what audience he may be speaking to. 

• Love 2
(edited)

The worst dressed couple on television, are hosting a snooze fest.

WSJ reporter Shane Nelson was on Rachel's show last night with his Russian story  last night. 

I love that Senator Chris Murphy has been running around TV for two days now questioning why Jared hasn't been fired.

Defending Sarah Huckabee Sanders (or anyone else working for this stiff) is pathetic. 

Kasie Hunt has the nicest hair on the panel.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

Thursday recap from Washington!. Mika & Joe were invited to the pretigious harvard Club Institute of Politics to discuss Trump. Mika was wearing her black sleeveless dress with tanned legs for that discussion. Joe called Harvard, the Alabama University of the North. Joe needled Halperin who went Harvard.

Today it's Librarians gone Wild for Mika with a black cardigan & white top. Joe is weaing a navy cardigan.

The topic is Russia. Joe was upset that the Russia story was not the #1 topic in Trump country. Joe said people are focused on Jobs & healthcare.

Joe said this happened in Watergate. It took years to get the public focused on watergate.

Mclatchy said that the digital operations were successful in flipping 3 tates to Trump with micro targeting on facebook.

The panel wants Cambridge Aalytica investigated for getting info from Russia.

The Russians knew about Trump Miss Universe Pagent in Russia. ( They never mention that they were broadcast on NBC & Thomas Roberts). Was Roberts the liason with the Russians?:)

Murphy wants Jared fired. You have to fill out the forms correctly!

Everyone is mad at the GOP for not fixing health care.

Kasie! looking stunning as ever with her black jump suit, said that they might have to settle for fixing the Obamacare exchanges which are collapsing.

Sam Stein works for the Daily Beast now. Joe made fun of him.

• Love 2

Kudos to the music producer for playing the song from Lego "Everything is Awesome!".

They showed clips of KAC with papers & a marker.

The panel wants tv broadcasts from the White House briefings. They produce good clips for TV & helps ratings.

Glenn Thrush said Sanders will start wearing a paper bag over her head because she is embarrassed to work for Trump.

How did the Russian bots reach voters?. Did Jared order the bots to go after swing voters? Hillary spent much more on her campaign. Her bots were not as successful. Robbie Mook  was smarter to focus on running up the vote in California , Illinois & NY.

Micro targeting is OK for the Obama campaign but not Trump?

Halperin said it was fake news targeting voters who weren't as sophisticated as Morning Joe viewers.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I respectfully demur. Actually its the French Schoolgirl Look

Yes! Joe might be wearing a navy blazer!

Mika might want to start wearing those Darby glasses that Joe wears for the full sexy librarian look. 

I find it interesting that Mika likes to wear her sleeveless dresses for public appearances but now dresses like grandma for the show.

• Love 1

Interesting how Joe now goes along with Hillary's comments at that symposium in May about someone inside the US (ie Trump org)  working with Russia on getting the fake news stories to the right people.    Somebody's gonna get to have a big  "I TOLD YOU SO" tour. 

Also Joe, a rose by any other name... You can call yourself an independent, but you still back the bullshit the Republicans want to do. Lower taxes for the rich, school vouchers, breaking down entitlement programs.  You're as much an asshole as the rest of these fuckers, you and George Will can bite me. 

• Love 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Love to see Bernie on, fighting for the things he's cared about for decades and not every four years. No self-pitying waddles in the woods for him.

I turned off the show when he showed up and started bloviating.

Also Joe, a rose by any other name... You can call yourself an independent, but you still back the bullshit the Republicans want to do. Lower taxes for the rich, school vouchers, breaking down entitlement programs.  You're as much an asshole as the rest of these fuckers, you and George Will can bite me. 

Seriously. Joe keeps saying that "This isn't the party of Ronald Reagan." The thing is, it IS. It's the party of Reagan on steroids, but if you look at all the most egregious transgressions of today's Republican parties - trickle-down economics, demonizing the poor, slashing entitlements, military jingoism, racism, self-righteous religious fanaticism, and appeals to angry white males (aka "Reagan Democrats") - it all had its roots in Reagan's rhetoric. Joe is full of crap.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 13

Interesting how Joe now goes along with Hillary's comments at that symposium in May about someone inside the US (ie Trump org)  working with Russia on getting the fake news stories to the right people.    Somebody's gonna get to have a big  "I TOLD YOU SO" tour. 

There was a "Fresh Air" episode about in December or January, so when the show discussed this this morning I was surprised that they were acting so surprised by it.

As Kristin Soltis pointed  out, Mark Penn spent a career targeting people via zip codes (sending messages about Obama not being a real American when he worked for Clinton in 2008, e.g.). This is just using IP addresses and cookies instead of zip codes.

There was a "Fresh Air" episode about in December or January, so when the show discussed this this morning I was surprised that they were acting so surprised by it.

C'mon. That's NPR! It wasn't on TV! Of course they were surprised!

I forgot to say earlier, but Bob Woodward needs to STFU and go away. He was actually parroting Cheeto Junior's "million miles a minute in the heat of the campaign" excuse! Kushner and Manafort simply showed up at a meeting without reading the email subject line????? Give me a break.

• Love 3