Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Yeah she was on fire this morning.  "Stop complimenting him just because he didn't make a complete fool of himself AGAIN".

I was surprised to see her on this morning. She did her show at 4 pm, 11th hour at 11 pm and now she's back at 8 for MJ.  She's trying to give Joy a run for her money on how many shows she can be on in one day. 

I have a hard time listening to Trump give a speech. His oratory skills are terrible, without even comparing him to Obama. He pauses in the wrong places, uses the wrong words, it's cringeworthy. He doesn't know what he's talking about and just can't fake it. 

I wonder if the dark colors this week are marking a tone shift in the show, "we're going to stop being The Daily Show and try "Face The Nation". 

Funny how Rachel Maddow can wear, as she puts it "her crappy cheap blazers" and still have the gravitas to cover serious issues, or joke around.  It's not the clothes, JoMika, it's your stunning superficiality. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I have a hard time listening to Trump give a speech. His oratory skills are terrible, without even comparing him to Obama. He pauses in the wrong places, uses the wrong words, it's cringeworthy

I had to turn off the sound, at this point his voice is like Mary Hart's was to Kramer. Then after 3-4 minutes I couldn't take watching his little white hands making that gesture he always makes, and had to turn the whole thing off.  I turned it back on every 5-7 minutes to see if he was done speaking.  

Reminds me of when I was a kid back in the Byzantine age, "The Wizard of Oz" came on TV once a year and I couldn't hack watching the forest where the scary trees came alive and the WWOTW swoops in.  I would first turn off the sound, then after awhile I had to turn it completely off, and kept checking back to see if the scary part was over.  

I'll be checking back 1-20-2021 to see if the scary part is over yet.....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 9

Reminds me of when I was a kid back in the Byzantine age, "The Wizard of Oz" came on TV once a year and I couldn't hack watching the forest where the scary trees came alive and the WWOTW swoops in.  I would first turn off the sound, then after awhile I had to turn it completely off, and kept checking back to see if the scary part was over.  

I would go down in the basement and hang with my Dad til my Mom yelled down that the witch was gone.  

I still cry when Toto escapes from the tower.  Or when they give him to Miss Gulch and he jumps out of the basket. and runs home. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I would go down in the basement and hang with my Dad til my Mom yelled down that the witch was gone.  

I still cry when Toto escapes from the tower.  Or when they give him to Miss Gulch and he jumps out of the basket. and runs home. 

When you think about it, lots of kid movies (and way too many fairy tales) are frightening and/or tragic.  To this day, I cannot watch Dumbo visit his mother in circus jail. Bambi's mother, killed. Etc, etc. Frightening and/or tragic. Like our nation's future. There have been more serious, somber segments on the show lately. This morning someone on the panel said, in reference to the Poland speech, "Well, consider the audience." It's beyond ironic that nearly on the eve of this foreign tour which begins in Poland, T launched a spiteful and unnecessary attack on the daughter of one of Poland's most revered post-WWII personages. Dr Z at one point was floated as a presidential candidate in Poland but declined because by then he had lived for what he considered too many years in the US; T was playing to two different audiences (and attempting two different agendas) today. How many times did he say "God Bless" this and that and them and us at the end? Nauseating. Consider the audience, indeed. The panel was a lot more subdued than usual this morning.

Edited by suomi
tense
  • Love 5

When you think about it, lots of kid movies (and way too many fairy tales) are frightening and/or tragic. To this day, I cannot watch Dumbo visit his mother in circus jail. Bambi's mother, killed. Etc, etc. Frightening and/or tragic. Like our nation's future. 

Suomi, that is the smoothest goddamned transition I have ever seen. From fairy tales to Trump in one seamless segue way.  Awesome!

• Love 6

I've lost track of Trump's speeches in Poland because I just can't watch.  Which was the one Joe said was the worst beginning to a speech that he'd ever heard? I looked at the main address to the Polish people, but it seemed rather ordinary--except for the part about how great the Poles were, esp the Polish Americans because they all voted for Trump.

Was the speech Joe hated that one or the "Spirt of ..." that preceded it? I'd like to read it, even though I don't want to watch.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

He pauses in the wrong places, uses the wrong words, it's cringeworthy. He doesn't know what he's talking about and just can't fake it.

I tuned in to Morning Joe this morning and the national disgrace was giving a speech.  He obviously hadn't written it, as the rhetoric was a thousand miles above his reach, and he obviously hadn't read it because he was looking at it for the first time.  Just like Teddysmom wrote, he was pausing at the wrong places, putting emphasis on wrong words, using gestures for emphasis when it's not necessary or wrong, and sprinkling in his fucking moronic hyperbolic syllables that he imagines make what he's saying more convincing.  "Best," "great," "bad," "very,"...

• Love 7
(edited)

FWIW, Cackles' show at 4pm is great.  It's GREAT.  Smart experts speaking to other smart experts about smart things with clarity and a minimum of emotion.  Donnie Deutsch really is an outlier in the show... so so much more than on Morning Joe.  Nichole may have to go by her regular name now.  Her show is great, and the only reason it is, is because she is smart and sharp and funny.  She steers that ship tightly, and does it with a super bright sense of humor.
Savannah Guthrie on Nichole's show was GREAT.  That segment where media members criticized themselves and their complicity and their role in the nation's politics was just great.  Good stuff.  More.
Also, love Katie Tur sitting-in on MTP.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 10

Scarborough talked a lot today about Trump trashing CNN and the American media On. Foreign. Soil. 

It got me thinking.   Perhaps if someone out there has a law background, you can answer this.   But given that CNN is an American company, and given that the President of the United States is using his office to denigrate and devalue that American company with demonstrably false statements, i.e. repeatedly calling CNN "fake news," is it possible that CNN, its owners or shareholders, could sue Trump for libel?   Or is he immune to libel as President and thereby able to attack -- or promote -- American companies of his choosing with impunity?

• Love 2
(edited)

Friday Recap.

Serious panel today. Haass, Clint.Katty in an undisclosed studio. Joe in a suit with red tie & Mika wearing a cardigan & lovely blue pattern dress.

Joe mocked Trump's speech & called it horrid for attacking Obama & the media.

Joe said Bannon wrote the speech with the comments on the USA defending civilization.

Joe said it's like Winston Churchill standing up for Civilization in 1940.

Haass said North Korea & Trump's desire to dismantle institutions & foreign policy elites is worrisome. He isn't as worried about Radical Islamic terrorism.

Joe said most Americans agree with Trump that Islamic extremism is bad .

Are the huns at the gate?

Joe said they should be wary of Trump being nice to Putin & Erdogan & other authoritarian leaders.

Katty was allowed to speak after 19 minutes & was caught off guard. She put down her tea & said that Putin can't lose.

She said expectations are very low for Trump.

They played the song " It's a wonderful world" over Trump's speeches about carnage & rusting factories.

They showed clips of Rocky 4 with Drago vs Rocky. Mika was shocked that there were 7 movies. Mika never liked any of them. Mika said that watching Rocky is a waste of time. Mika looked visibly ill at the discussion of Rocky.

Joe now started talking about movies at black sites to keep the troops motivated. Clint doesn't remember any movies playing at CIA Black sites.

Joe started talking over Mika trying to introduce Ambassador Burns.

There was a quick clip of Keir "tight shirt" Simmons in the middle of Hamburg complaining about arrests to protestors.

Posh Katty must have swooned!

Burns said yesterday's speech was about Poland. It was pro Poland & criticism of the European Union.

Poland won't allow Syrian refugees.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
(edited)

Joe started arguing about how many intelligence agencies support the Russian meddling in the election stories. Was it 17 as reported by NBC? 4? . Joe said the 4 that mattered were all that counted. The NY Times had to issue retractions about 17. Joe said the other 13 did not condemn the 4 so he was right.

NY Times :

Correction: June 29, 2017

A White House Memo article on Monday about President Trump’s deflections and denials about Russia referred incorrectly to the source of an intelligence assessment that said Russia orchestrated hacking attacks during last year’s presidential election. The assessment was made by four intelligence agencies — the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency. The assessment was not approved by all 17 organizations in the American intelligence community.

Edited by oakville
NY Times
  • Love 1
(edited)

What the hell was Joe on or not on the first hour today? He was all hyped up blabbing incoherently over everyone about nothing. Including nonsense about Rocky.

He came back in the second hour with a different demeanor.

The greatest speech highlights were gag worthy.

And just for the record I love Rocky (one).

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3

LOL they just showed footage of Hillary Clinton, seven years and about 30 pounds ago, giving the Russian foreign minister a button that purportedly said "reset." What the show failed to point out was that the stupid bitch didn't have the button properly translated and it said "recharge" instead of "restart."  

(edited)

What the hell was Joe on or not on the first hour today? He was all hyped up blabbing incoherently over everyone about nothing. Including nonsense about Rocky.I don't know I had MJ on but when they were running the speeches I turned it off. I cannot stand to listen to Trump give speeches.   He either goes off script and starts rambling about CNN, or saying

I saw that. Joe kept interrupting Richard Haas and Haas gave him an eyeroll that rivaled Michelle Obama.

24 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

OL they just showed footage of Hillary Clinton, seven years and about 30 pounds ago, giving the Russian foreign minister a button that purportedly said "reset." What the show failed to point out was that the stupid bitch didn't have the button properly translated and it said "recharge" instead of "restart."  

WOW. 

FWIW, Cackles' show at 4pm is great.  It's GREAT.  Smart experts speaking to other smart experts about smart things with clarity and a minimum of emotion.  Donnie Deutsch really is an outlier in the show... so so much more than on Morning Joe.  Nichole may have to go by her regular name now.  Her show is great, and the only reason it is, is because she is smart and sharp and funny.  She steers that ship tightly, and does it with a super bright sense of humor.
Savannah Guthrie on Nichole's show was GREAT.  That segment where media members criticized themselves and their complicity and their role in the nation's politics was just great.  Good stuff.  More.
Also, love Katie Tur sitting-in on MTP.

I agree. Nicole really is coming in to her own, she doesn't let her political beliefs color her discussions at all, and she is very enjoyable.   I don't get to see it much due to work but I have seen her host 11th Hour and she does a great job. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

Mika wearing a cardigan & lovely blue pattern dress.

Oh how I covet that dress. Beautiful. A white cardigan would have been better, though. Great recap as always.

And I have surprised myself but I'm also in agreement with the Nicolle love here. Almost hoping she gets the now-vacant 6:00 slot since it's a better gig than 4:00.

• Love 3

Almost hoping she gets the now-vacant 6:00 slot since it's a better gig than 4:00.

Ari Melber is getting it. It was in the releases when they fired Greta,and he mentioned it last night on 11th Hour. 

• Love 1

What??  I know I was out of town and without service for a week, but did I miss this?

Last week I think. Maybe end of June? Wednesday or Thursday evening I was watching MTP Daily and dreading 6 pm, I normally change the channel or go out and all of a sudden the NBC News logo appears and Ali Velshi was hosting an MSNBC live news program.  I got online and found that she'd been fired the night before and that Ari was going to get the time slot. 

It was never going to work, she's not that good on air to begin with, and her rep from Fox alienated people watching MSNBC regularly.

• Love 3
(edited)

It was never going to work, she's not that good on air to begin with, and her rep from Fox alienated people watching MSNBC regularly.

Yep, Yep and Yep. I watched her a few times and then proclaimed her to be charm-free. (However, she was better than Al Sharpton, who had that slot 2 years ago.)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

(However, she was better than Al Sharpton, who had that slot 2 years ago.)

Yes at least she can pronounce words.  I accidentally turned on his show last Sunday and he is still just as bad.  I think he has that time slot (8 am Sunday) because MSNBC knows no one is watching.  

Oh the humanity. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Yes at least she can pronounce words.  I accidentally turned on his show last Sunday and he is still just as bad.  I think he has that time slot (8 am Sunday) because MSNBC knows no one is watching.  

Oh the humanity. 

Well, she can pronounce some words.  She slurs a lot of them.  I agree, however, that Sharpton is even worse.  For me, it wasn't so much his mispronouncing words, but his constant "uh uh uhs" that got on my last nerve.  Surprisingly though, I think he speaks much better as a panelist.  

So, as far as I'm concerned, neither one of them should be hosting anything.  

6 hours ago, ktwo said:

Oh how I covet that dress. Beautiful. A white cardigan would have been better, though. Great recap as always.

And I have surprised myself but I'm also in agreement with the Nicolle love here. Almost hoping she gets the now-vacant 6:00 slot since it's a better gig than 4:00.

I would like my wife to get that dress. It looked like a pattern from India?

5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Oh the humanity. 

Sharpton is rarely on Morning Joe now. I wonder if they had a falling out?

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I was an OJ trial junkie.   I watched the trial every day and all the commentary shows afterward, especially Rivera Live.   I remember Greta as co-host with Roger Cossack on Burden of Proof.   I don't know what happened but many of the folks I enjoyed as commentators during the trial -- and whose opinions I often agreed with --  became card-carrying Fox News kool-aid drinkers in the years after.  Geraldo, Greta, Joe DiGenova ...  John Gibson was the worst of all.   He morphed into something entirely unrecognizable (speaking of unrecognizable, this was back when Greta had her original face).

I highly enjoyed the Rocky interlude on Morning Joe today.   Rocky IV is a big block of American cheese, the perfect snack for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.   My only complaint is that they cut the clip short when Drago says "I must break you" -- Rocky replies "Go fawr it."  (Incidentally, Scarborough or one of the other guys got it wrong -- he called Drago "Strago").   Still the show gets points for heading into the break with "Hearts On Fire" by John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band" (they were just plain old "Beaver Brown" when I used to see them playing local colleges and outdoor festivals in Rhode Island). 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Yep, Yep and Yep. I watched her a few times and then proclaimed her to be charm-free. (However, she was better than Al Sharpton, who had that slot 2 years ago.)

Hah!  "Charm-free".  That is the perfect description of Greta.  She has absolutely none.  No charm, no charisma, no personality.  And her inability to enunciate drives me nuts.  Ari's good but for some reason I'd like them to branch out and find someone outside of the usual suspects.  And I don't mean another refugee from Faux ""News".

Changing subjects:  Has Rachel ever appeared on Morning Joe?  I can't remember that she ever has.  I know he's jealous of her smarts, her following, her ascendancy at the network.  Maddow is the anti-Joe.  One of the many reasons I like her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Hah!  "Charm-free".  That is the perfect description of Greta.  She has absolutely none.  No charm, no charisma, no personality.  And her inability to enunciate drives me nuts.  Ari's good but for some reason I'd like them to branch out and find someone outside of the usual suspects.  And I don't mean another refugee from Faux ""News".

Changing subjects:  Has Rachel ever appeared on Morning Joe?  I can't remember that she ever has.  I know he's jealous of her smarts, her following, her ascendancy at the network.  Maddow is the anti-Joe.  One of the many reasons I like her.

I don't think Rachel has ever appeared on Morning Joe after their heated debate on Meet the Press in April 2008. It was one of the top 10 Angry Joe moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAUPLMcNApE

• Love 3

I cannot recall Rachel ever being on this show (lol she *has* been on The View, however.) Neither has Lawrence O'Donnell to my recollection, but for him to be in the same room as Scarborough would result in some sort of critical mass of self-righteous pomposity from which we would likely not be able to recover from.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I cannot recall Rachel ever being on this show (lol she *has* been on The View, however.) Neither has Lawrence O'Donnell to my recollection, but for him to be in the same room as Scarborough would result in some sort of critical mass of self-righteous pomposity from which we would likely not be able to recover from.

O Donnell was on the show in 2015 when Joe was in Pro Trump mode. I remember O Donell bragging that he knew that Trump didn't make much money from the Apprentice. Joe got furious at O Donell.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-and-odonnell-are-in-bizarre-spat-over-trumps-salary/

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Can't stand Rachel.  Her affected, dramatic delivery regardless of topic grates on me something fierce.   Never watch her if I can help it.   She comes off like a conservative's caricature of what people on the left are like.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, oakville said:

O Donnell was on the show in 2015 when Joe was in Pro Trump mode. I remember O Donell bragging that he knew that Trump didn't make much money from the Apprentice. Joe got furious at O Donell.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-and-odonnell-are-in-bizarre-spat-over-trumps-salary/

Joe was insufferably rude to O'Donnell. I think LOD has only appeared on the show once or twice since then, whereas he used to show up more frequently.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, oakville said:

That was difficult to watch.  Scarborough was exhibiting all the hallmarks of the Trump devotee.   Now he's Leah Remini.   I wasn't watching Morning Joe back then.   In fact, I withdrew from watching all politically-oriented TV years earlier.   The day Obama took office, to be precise.  It was such a relief to feel like I didn't need to be on high alert anymore.

I wonder if part of Scarborough's spirited criticism of Trump today is atonement for his role in elevating the Donald to the highest office in the land.   In the old days, it was easier to move on from the person you were and the things you had said and done.   Now, just when you think your bad old self is safely in the past, out comes the video. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, millennium said:

That was difficult to watch.  Scarborough was exhibiting all the hallmarks of the Trump devotee.   Now he's Leah Remini.   I wasn't watching Morning Joe back then.   In fact, I withdrew from watching all politically-oriented TV years earlier.   The day Obama took office, to be precise.  It was such a relief to feel like I didn't need to be on high alert anymore.

I wonder if part of Scarborough's spirited criticism of Trump today is atonement for his role in elevating the Donald to the highest office in the land.   In the old days, it was easier to move on from the person you were and the things you had said and done.   Now, just when you think your bad old self is safely in the past, out comes the video. 

I do the Morning Joe recaps so I can remember how quickly Mika & Joe shift their opinions on political candidates. It's more pronounced now. I wish I could still access my recaps from the Television Without Pity forum. Joe used to be a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton & Sarah Palin in 2008. I believe that Joe & Mika are highly addicted to Political power players. Joe loves the high ratings that the show is currently having.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I do the Morning Joe recaps so I can remember how quickly Mika & Joe shift their opinions on political candidates. It's more pronounced now. I wish I could still access my recaps from the Television Without Pity forum. Joe used to be a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton & Sarah Palin in 2008. I believe that Joe & Mika are highly addicted to Political power players. Joe loves the high ratings that the show is currently having.

To be fair, many politicians are just reeds bending in whichever direction the wind blows, so it's understandable that pundits' viewpoints might change accordingly.   A whole show could be done on "What Trump Said Then; What Trump is Doing Now."   I don't think it's entirely fair to paint Scarborough and Mika as hypocrites and opportunists if the person they formerly supported has turned out to be something other than what they expected.   From our perspective, yeah, they should have known.   And maybe they did -- but took a gamble anyway.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, millennium said:

To be fair, many politicians are just reeds bending in whichever direction the wind blows, so it's understandable that pundits' viewpoints might change accordingly.   A whole show could be done on "What Trump Said Then; What Trump is Doing Now."   I don't think it's entirely fair to paint Scarborough and Mika as hypocrites and opportunists if the person they formerly supported has turned out to be something other than what they expected.   From our perspective, yeah, they should have known.   And maybe they did -- but took a gamble anyway.  

I agree that politicians change their positions all the time. However, Mika & Joe become overly friendly on a personal basis with the politicians  they cover. They scorn them when they become unpopular. They pretend that no one remembers how friendly they used to be with those politicians. It clouds their judjement.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I agree that politicians change their positions all the time. However, Mika & Joe become overly friendly on a personal basis with the politicians  they cover. They scorn them when they become unpopular. They pretend that no one remembers how friendly they used to be with those politicians. It clouds their judjement.

I saw some of that when Scarborough developed a man-crush on Jared Kushner.   The gushing praise, the digs at Steve Bannon (not because Bannon deserved it -- which he did -- but because he was Kushner's rival), the nudge-nudge-wink-wink-I-have-a-source-in-the-White-House smuggery ... it was unseemly.

Scarborough's like a guy who played pro-ball for a season or two, then washed out but still imagines he rates his own baseball card all these years later.   He thinks he straddles both worlds, the past and the present, and talks as if he could put down the frozen latte tomorrow and pick right up where he left off, and his Beltway buddies would hoist him up on their shoulders and parade him through the halls of Congress singing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow."

baseball.jpg

Poor Mika.  She must have to do a lot of stroking.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

Monday recap. It's navy blue Monday with Joe wearing a Navy Blue Tie & Navy Blue suit. Mika is rewearing her Navy Blue top with black buttons.

Elise is wearing one of Mika's sleeveless dresses. It's the usual boring panel with Halperin, Barnicle, Harold " two points" Ford.

Joe is giddy over the Perry Mason intrigue about Donald Trump Jr meetings with a Russian lady. Was it about Russian adoptions or finding damaging info on Hillary Clinton.

Joe is excited about the changing stories about Trump Jr.

Mika is talking to herself during Joe's rant. She is making " I am confused" faces & is outraged about the secret meetings.

Could this lead to impeachment?

Morning Joe loves these Kremlin connection stories. It's gossipy.

People filled out the security clearance forms made mistakes. You can't forget about writing meetings with Russians.

Jared forgot to disclose the meetings. He also filled out the Security Clearance form without using a Black Pen. He used a Red pen!. His security clearance should be revoked according to Joe.

There are no other important issues going on in the world. Yeah!

Joe called Don Trump Jr Fredo from the Godfather. He bragged that the Russians financed the Trump organization.

• Love 2

Joe is pounding the table about he Russians. Why are they meeting with Russians?

Mika chirped in that they are undermining the media. It's not Fake News according to Mika because this story has people on record.

Natalia is under surveillance! She can't lie about her whereabouts.

Joe is suggesting music for the commercial break. The Carpenters" we have only just begun.."

Joe mocked the tear drops on Schmidt's tie. Mika told Joe he had food on his suit.

Everyone is making fun of Trump's tweets about Cyber Security. Partnering with the Russians.!

The new talking points are that Trump gave a good speech in Poland but had a bad meeting with Putin.

Mika was excited about the Australian reporter who summarized all of Trump's weaknessess.. Mika admitted that she is to emotional to cover Trump objectively. Where was the North Korea deal ? Joe said Putin does't want to talk about North Korea because the missiles would land in the USA.

Joe believes that Putin has something on Trump. This has been going on since Dec 2015. Why won't Trump criticize Putin for killing journalists ?

Sound bite of the day: Joe asks Pat Toomey why the GOP attempts at health care reform focuses on limiting Medicaid and denying coverage for the poorest members of the country.

Toomey: "Well, you gotta start somewhere."

If the Democratic party apparatchiks weren't so incomptent they should be running that ten seconds on infinite loop.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Interesting as a Republican Senator (Lankford, I think) interviewed on NPR this morning stated Jared DID disclose the meetings.

I think Trump Jr forgot to disclose meetings but he does not need a security clearance. 

I wonder if the bothered discussing The liberation of Mosul or the G20? I turned off the show at 715 am

49 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Sound bite of the day: Joe asks Pat Toomey why the GOP attempts at health care reform focuses on limiting Medicaid and denying coverage for the poorest members of the country.

Toomey: "Well, you gotta start somewhere."

If the Democratic party apparatchiks weren't so incomptent they should be running that ten seconds on infinite loop.

Good point. Joe used to be a big believer in entitlement reform. He said that Medicare & Sicial Security was going bankrupt.