Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, car54 said:

MSNBC had a legal expert on who said that if Trump did demand they call and apologize to kill the NE story, it could break federal law and be considered extortion.   Joe tweeting that he has the receipts--who knows, Joe and Mika save America?    They were talking about it being possible that Mueller could expand his investigation to include extortion as well as obstruction of justice.

Joe and Mika the Woodward and Bernstein of the 21st Century.  Weirder things have happened since the election. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, car54 said:

MSNBC had a legal expert on who said that if Trump did demand they call and apologize to kill the NE story, it could break federal law and be considered extortion.   Joe tweeting that he has the receipts--who knows, Joe and Mika save America?    They were talking about it being possible that Mueller could expand his investigation to include extortion as well as obstruction of justice.

Would MSNBC have this person come on and let them say this if there was nothing there ?If there are no texts or the texts are harmless/ disproving Joe S.'s claim, why not do the opposite, try to make this go away ?

The weird part is MSNBS has said they does not plan to release the texts like 4 hours ago. This is my spec but I suspect it's a mix of those texts making Joe S. look pretty chummy/sycophantic with the WH still despite the threats thing ( way more than he lets on: keyword lack of journalistic integrity) and this obviously being evidence for a possible investigation.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Using a business connections to squeeze people is being an asshole.  "Be nice or I'll gossip" isn't criminal, per se.  They accused him of nothing, by the way. 

Its a bit more than that, they said this was done to make them apologize to Trump for their coverage. Using a business connection to squeeze people in the media whose job it is to report on you and comment on your performance as president by a president is not just being an asshole.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

How do we know that?  Did she say that? 

Look I agree it's not professional and probably they should have not gotten involved until they were both single, but I doubt NBC has a morality clause in their employment agreements or contracts. 

From the Daily Beast article above:

In one such case in November 2013, shortly after Scarborough’s divorce from his second wife was finalized (and three years before Brzezinski’s official split from her own spouse), The New York Post’s Richard Johnson was preparing to declare them an item.

According to sources familiar with the situation, a distraught Brzezinski reached out to then-Fox News CEO Roger Ailes —like Johnson, a vassal in the Murdoch media empire—and tearfully asked Ailes, with whom she was friendly, to intervene with the gossip columnist, arguing that their respective children would be hurt by such publicity.

Ailes made his pitch to Johnson on Brzezinski’s behalf, and the columnist obligingly stood down.

The next day, the sources said, Johnson was rewarded when Scarborough phoned him and gave him the juicy scoop that Alec Baldwin was about to be fired from his short-lived MSNBC program."

I am pretty sure that all cable tv hosts have morality clauses. Mika & Joe would not get fired for having an affair. However, it would be embarrassing for the network & their families.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Jeann said:

Would MSNBC have this person come on and let them say this if there was nothing there ?If there are no texts or the texts are harmless/ disproving Joe S.'s claim, why not do the opposite, try to make this go away ?

The weird part is MSNBS has said they does not plan to release the texts like 4 hours ago. This is my spec but I suspect it's a mix of those texts making Joe S. look pretty chummy/sycophantic with the WH still despite the threats thing ( way more than he lets on: keyword lack of journalistic integrity) and this obviously being evidence for a possible investigation.

NBC news tonight did a good job of covering up the "affair". They just said it was a negative story about them by the Enquirer.

I don't think NBC want to release the texts.

It makes sense that  Joe would try  calling the White House in March or April for help in spiking the story about their affair .

Jared tried to get something in return by cutting out the bad coverage they were getting.

Joe must have been somewhat successful with the White House because the story ran in June after they were engaged.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

According to sources familiar with the situation,

This sounds like straight up like NE reporting to me. Just because someone wrote this article back then, does not prove anything. How often was Jennifer Anniston proclaimed pregnant according to sources close to her ?

Just for the sake of it, lets say it is true after all. I genuinely fail to see how this is relevant to what is going on. 

Or are you saying that you believe Trumps version of it ? Engaged J&M want to make some article disappear even after everything that could be possibly be written about their relationship was already written in the tabloids. Trump refuses. Then suddenly today they bring up this article up themselves (even though they want it to disappear and nobody is talking about it), making it part of public discourse in order to ..?

I don't get it.

• Love 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, oakville said:

NBC news tonight did a good job of covering up the "affair". They just said it was a negative story about them by the Enquirer.

I don't think NBC want to release the texts.

It makes sense that  Joe would try  calling the White House in March or April for help in spiking the story about their affair .

Jared tried to get something in return by cutting out the bad coverage they were getting.

Joe must have been somewhat successful with the White House because the story ran in June after they were engaged.

if this was the truth, it does make absolutely no sense of either of the hosts to reveal this today in their Washington post article. They would have stayed quiet about it like about all their other shady dealings behind close doors to get excess or favors. Look at how pissed they were then their Maro Lago trip was made public in January.

Edited by Jeann
repetive and basically saying the same thing as my post above
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

We're talking about two different stories. 

The one in 2013 where Mika allegedly called Ailes and Joe gave the gossip reporter at the Post a tip about Alec Baldwin, and the recent one  in the Enquirer, that was just happening in the last couple months. 

We're all talking about the recent one, in which the WH was involved, not the 2013 one. 

Yes!. I was referring to the 2013 NY Post article. Mika offering NBC company secrets about the legendary Alec Baldwin & offering who knows what else to Ailes in exchange for keeping her affair secret is not ethical behavior

10 hours ago, suomi said:

Yes! Be. Journalists. You have 15 hours every week. Use It.

The big news in Toronto is that the Trump Hotel has been sold . The building was owned by shady Russians. It was a scheme & they used Trump's name to sell overpriced condos & hotel suites to naive investors.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2017/06/29/innvest-hotels-acquires-former-trump-tower-in-toronto.html

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Jeann said:

if this was the truth, it does make absolutely no sense of either of the hosts to reveal this today in their Washington post article. They would have stayed quiet about it like about all their other shady dealings behind close doors to get excess or favors. Look at how pissed they were then their Maro Lago trip was made public in January.

I have no clue why Mika & Joe are writing about the Enquirer article in the Washington Post. Perhaps they feel safer now disclosing the article now that they are engaged ?.  It's hilarious how they refuse to discuss the content of the Enquirer article.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Jeann said:

This sounds like straight up like NE reporting to me. Just because someone wrote this article back then, does not prove anything. How often was Jennifer Anniston proclaimed pregnant according to sources close to her ?

Just for the sake of it, lets say it is true after all. I genuinely fail to see how this is relevant to what is going on. 

Or are you saying that you believe Trumps version of it ? Engaged J&M want to make some article disappear even after everything that could be possibly be written about their relationship was already written in the tabloids. Trump refuses. Then suddenly today they bring up this article up themselves (even though they want it to disappear and nobody is talking about it), making it part of public discourse in order to ..?

I don't get it.

The NE article is silly. Joe's divorce details were publicly disclosed in late 2013 a year after it was finalized. Joe had to stay on one side of the house as a co parenting agreement. Joe paid a relatively low amount of alimony/child support and was able to get his ex wife to sign a document that Joe was faithful to her!

Some of the pieces are missing or don't fit very well. Mika and Joe "learned" that the NE planned to reveal the long history of their relationship, which preceded their respective divorces, and re-hash Susan's financial award. The settlement described Joe as a “faithful, devoted and committed father and husband.” I've not read or heard who the source is, but the factoid that M and J "learned" about it is everywhere. After "someone" alerted them, Joe contacted Boy Wonder. Joe knows who owns the NE but he called Jared instead? How come, and why for?

• Love 2

This has been one the busiest days on this forum that I can recall. I will try & figure out what is going on with Mika & Joe after I finish watching today's show.  It is a big holiday in Canada tomorrow! Our country will turn 150 years old!

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, suomi said:

Some of the pieces are missing or don't fit very well. Mika and Joe "learned" that the NE planned to reveal the long history of their relationship, which preceded their respective divorces, and re-hash Susan's financial award. The settlement described Joe as a “faithful, devoted and committed father and husband.” I've not read or heard who the source is, but the factoid that M and J "learned" about it is everywhere. After "someone" alerted them, Joe contacted Boy Wonder. Joe knows who owns the NE but he called Jared instead? How come, and why for?

I agree Suomi. I am confused.

Did Trump ask the NE to write a article on Mika & Joe's affair ?

Then alert Joe through White House aides that the article wwould be published?

During the campaign last year, Trump called Joe. Mika's long time girlfriend, so he knew about the affair.

Joe became anti Jared in the last month.

• Love 2

I wonder how much of all of this (not just the Joe & Mika debacle but also Russia, collusion, etc. etc. etc.) really boils down to Jared's ham-handed attempts to be a big, powerful Washington DC "player."

Trump just seems like such a narcissistic, idiotic blowhard I can't see him having his shit together enough to pull off this kind of complicated extortion with Joe and Mika.

Here is an article from Gabe Sherman on Mika & Joe vs Trump.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/06/what-happened-between-trump-morning-joe-and-the-enquirer.html

1 minute ago, suomi said:

Oakville + his recaps = the glue that holds us together

That is one good national anthem, eh? Happy Birthday, sir.

Thanks! We are very happy to celebrate our country's holiday with beer & beating , Mika & Joe's favourite baseball team The Evil Red Sox tomorrow !. We have the best neighbours to the South!

I think I might become a full time recapper of Morning Joe when I retire !.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I will try & figure out what is going on with Mika & Joe after I finish watching today's show.

I think most of us are quite capable of reading and listening and coming to our own conclusions about what is going on with Mika & Joe. They may have jobs in the public eye but the public doesn't have some kind of right to know what's going on in their private lives. The gossip and years old rumours are irrelevant. What IS relevant is the idiot in the White House and his inability to do the job and his harmful war against the media.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, shok said:

I think most of us are quite capable of reading and listening and coming to our own conclusions about what is going on with Mika & Joe. They may have jobs in the public eye but the public doesn't have some kind of right to know what's going on in their private lives. The gossip and years old rumours are irrelevant. What IS relevant is the idiot in the White House and his inability to do the job and his harmful war against the media.

Precisely. All the gossip stuff is irrelevant. The affair is not the important part here, but the possible blackmail attempt.

Btw, Trump has much bigger problems now. Just read this piece ! I keep rereading it....

https://twitter.com/lawfareblog/status/880981860830072832

Edited by Jeann
  • Love 7
(edited)
24 minutes ago, shok said:

Wowzers! That article is really something. I'm worried for the health of this guy and the reporters that are writing the story.

Yeah I had that thought as well. He especially needs to go into hiding. This is all going to get much uglier from now on.

Edited by Jeann
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, shok said:

Well stated.   I'm a bit soured by the strong undertones of blame-the-victim that I'm hearing.

• Love 5
(edited)

As recently as two months ago Joe was able to say with a straight face and self-satisfied attitude that T had "accused us of having an affair." Not all in the nest are vipers but, whatever they are, they nestle comfortably together when it serves their wants/needs. (see "Open Mic - Easy Questions, Right?")

Joe quite often has mentioned knowing T well and considering him a friend for "10, 11, 12 years." He says he and Mika have known T for the same length of time (which coincides with the length of the show thus far). Now think about Joe saying that he considered T a friend. Really? What kind of disordered priorities were/are you packing?

There is opportunism in play, on all sides. This little triad has shared secrets for years. They cultivated T as a candidate and helped him immensely, what with all the free air time. They cultivated Jared (Joe) and Ivanka and Melania (Mika). Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths on those mornings when it was, casually, "Jared this" and "Ivanka that." Out of nowhere, Steven Miller appeared on Joe's radar and he began slamming Miller every morning, citing, ironically, his youth and lack of experience. Ironic because, the following week, it was revealed that it was Jared who wanted Miller gone.

So, not all are vipers but the little nest is always busy. In/out, up/down, ride the seesaw. Deride and disown. Can't stay, can't leave. Then, apparently, the most recent spurning/break-up brought the festering mess to a head and Mika began going on the attack, daily. She was vicious sometimes, however accurate her assessment. She goaded T into responding and while she cannot have anticipated the response (which no one could, because there are no more boundaries) she and Joe, like Jared and Ivanka to a much greater extent, are Complicit. The affair matters because it is one of the bricks in the yuge unsavory facade and it matters because they handed their frenemy a grenade and he fragged them and it happened in public. And the aftermath is playing out, live. This was, as they are fond of saying in other contexts, an unforced error.

Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Eliot said:

This has nothing to do with Roger Ailes and a story he may or may not have wanted to run.

Once again: This is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES engaging in sleazy, petty, blackmail in exchange for favorable coverage.

We could have had a smart, experienced, classy president that cared about important issues, took things in stride, and if nothing else knew what she was doing. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

17 hours ago, holly4755 said:

of all the apologists for Trump, the "religious" women bug me the most. Huckabee is just like her father, the bible is all except for his friends, they can do what ever they want and he won't criticize them. 

Thank you. Huckabee's justification that the "American people knew who they voted for" made me yell at my TV, "Yeah, I know who I voted for, and it wasn't fucking Trump!"

• Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, suomi said:

As recently as two months ago Joe was able to say with a straight face and self-satisfied attitude that T had "accused us of having an affair." Not all in the nest are vipers but, whatever they are, they nestle comfortably together when it serves their wants/needs. (see "Open Mic - Easy Questions, Right?")

Joe quite often has mentioned knowing T well and considering him a friend for "10, 11, 12 years." He says he and Mika have known T for the same length of time (which coincides with the length of the show thus far). Now think about Joe saying that he considered T a friend. Really? What kind of disordered priorities were/are you packing?

There is opportunism in play, on all sides. This little triad has shared secrets for years. They cultivated T as a candidate and helped him immensely, what with all the free air time. They cultivated Jared (Joe) and Ivanka and Melania (Mika). Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths on those mornings when it was, casually, "Jared this" and "Ivanka that." Out of nowhere, Steven Miller appeared on Joe's radar and he began slamming Miller every morning, citing, ironically, his youth and lack of experience. Ironic because, the following week, it was revealed that it was Jared who wanted Miller gone.

So, not all are vipers but the little nest is always busy. In/out, up/down, ride the seesaw. Deride and disown. Can't stay, can't leave. Then, apparently, the most recent spurning/break-up brought the festering mess to a head and Mika began going on the attack, daily. She was vicious sometimes, however accurate her assessment. She goaded T into responding and while she cannot have anticipated the response (which no one could, because there are no more boundaries) she and Joe, like Jared and Ivanka to a much greater extent, are Complicit. The affair matters because it is one of the bricks in the yuge unsavory facade and it matters because they handed their frenemy a grenade and he fragged them and it happened in public. And the aftermath is playing out, live. This was, as they are fond of saying in other contexts, an unforced error.

The thing is, he is the President of the United States.  That very fact makes this a terribly unfair fight.   The parties involved are not equals.   The President has a professional, political attack team at his disposal -- in this case helmed by some very unsavory characters -- backed by millions of rabid supporters.    Whether or not team Morning Joe poked the hornets' nest, the President is supposed to rise above pettiness and instead focus his energies on national and global matters.   Instead he behaves like the Eighth Grader In Chief.    This episode has been a shameful and indelible stain on American history.

This is good.   It doesn't blame Morning Joe for the attack but it doesn't let them off the hook about Trump either:

Joe and Mika Owe America An Apology

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, shok said:

I was referring to trying to piece together what is being said on the show by the co hosts vs all the conflicting media reports.

I was rewatching the show & couldn't figure out if the White House called Joe to tell them about the NE story or did Joe find out through other sources & called up the White House to get help in stopping the story.

It seems strange that Trump would call Mika & Joe several times to convince them to come to Mar a Largo during the holidays?

Trump had enough people wanting to meet with him during the holidays.

Joe said that there was a truck staked out  near Mika's house & someone approached him asking questions. This was before the NE article was published & before he found out before any calls were made to the White House.

Mika said that the NE called her children & ex husband & harassed them. They denied it.

Joe said that the NE article referred to him buying 3 six packs of beer a week. The NE article makes no reference to a specific quantity of beer being bought by Joe.

Joe said he didn't care about having the NE write an article about him & Mika. If that's the case, why bother having any discussions with Jared?

The NE article came out 1 month after the official engagement news.

I do think that Mika would have been upset in 2013 if the news about her affair had been made public at that time.

The problem with Mika is that she has tried to create a career of "Knowing Your Value" & women's empowerment & being tough when dealing with male executives. The reality is that she was willingly seduced by Joe & left her family to be with him. I think her actions are opposite to what she is telling other women to do.

Furthermore, Mika made a big deal about President Clinton's infidelity during the campaign & how Trump neutrlized Hillary on that issue.

18 minutes ago, sleekandchic said:

Well he's showing us who the boss is this morning!  Tweetstorming disses against CNN, NBC/Comcast and, once again, Joe and Mika. 

Yes!. he called Joe Crazy & Mika Dumb as a Rock. He also said they were not "bad people" . He trashed NBC for firing Greta because she wouldn't go Anti Trump!.

He never stops!.

He did wish us Canadians , a Happy Canada day! & called our PM , Dreamy Justin a new found friend !. LOL!

• Love 5
(edited)

No offense Oakville I dig your reviews,but it seems you're being Obtuse,or trying to justify for Trumps stupidity..

Edited by Stoned
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Maggie Haberman, the NYT writer who Joe fought with because she tweeted out a photo of Joe and Mika with Trump at NYE Mar-a-Lago, is pointing out Joe laughed when Trump laughed at her NYT colleague with the tremor.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/nyts-maggie-haberman-chides-scarborough-everybody-finds-this-funny-until-its-aimed-at-them/

Excellent point!. It's great to watch old clips  to see how Joe used to laugh along with Trump!

Joe was very vicious at Maggie & the other NY Times Reporter who challenged Joe about their partying at Mar A Lago.

Maggie lost her " Friend of the Show" status after her battle with Joe. She hasn't been on the show since then. This is a big penalty because everyone knows that Mika & Joe are the coolest hosts

Edited by oakville
Don't mess with Joe!
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Stoned said:

No offense Oakville I dig your reviews,but it seems you're being Obtuse,or trying to justify stupidity..

Obtuse about what? Trump's stupidity in tweeting insults at Mika & Joe? Mika & Joe got too personal with Trump & now they are paying the price. They should realize who they were dealing with if they knew him so well. The increased personal attacks by Joe on Trump since March coincide with the NE story & his discussions with the White House. It's a petty personal fight.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Stoned said:

No offense Oakville I dig your reviews,but it seems you're being Obtuse,or trying to justify for Trumps stupidity..

Yeah I'm not into victim blaming, no matter who this president attacks or why, even the Morning Joe stooges. Or somehow equalizing what TV personalities say or do and what the President of the United states says or does or should say giving his position and dignity of his office.

The recaps are funny though

Anyway, Trump is at it again. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881140479454310401

and also commenting on the Van Susteren firing https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881135264441257984

and complaining he's not getting all the date for his future voter suppression plans from all the states.

What a complete loser this guy is. The President of the United States of America now reduced to this. Sad world we live in.

• Love 10

The Whole point Oak,is the Pres is supposed to be Above the fray..His attention should be on serious issues..Instead worrying about what talk hosts spew about Him..

• Love 8
5 hours ago, suomi said:

I raise my glass of Molson Canadian Beer to you  Suomi !. Mika & Joe made a deal with the proverbial "The Devil" in 2015 & it has backfired in a spectacular way. They should have known what Trump would do to them if the relationship soured.

1000 likes!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Jeann said:

Yeah I'm not into victim blaming, no matter who this president attacks or why, even the Morning Joe stooges. Or somehow equalizing what TV personalities say or do and what the President of the United states says or does or should say giving his position and dignity of his office.

The recaps are funny though

Anyway, Trump is at it again. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881140479454310401

and also commenting on the Van Susteren firing https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881135264441257984

and complaining he's not getting all the date for his future voter suppression plans from all the states.

What a complete loser this guy is. The President of the United States of America now reduced to this. Sad world we live in.

OK I get your point. I do feel very sad about what has happened to the USA. I can't believe that Trump was elected President. Normally, he should realize the job he has is serious & he shouldn't waste time attacking the King & Queen of Nantucket!.

I have been watching and recapping Morning Joe for years even back in the TWOP days!. I have seen this pattern of Mika & Joe getting to close to the politicians they cover. It is comforting to know that from Corzine to Christie to Sanford & McConnell, all their political careers suffered after becoming too friendly with Mika & Joe. I suspect the same will happen to Trump.

• Love 5

In his latest series of rants against the media, he refers to Joe by his full name but only to "dumb as a rock Mika." I bet he doesn't know how to spell her last name and is too lazy to look it up.

I don't know where he's getting that she is dumb. Say what you will about some of her choices, she is an intelligent person.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Stoned said:

The Whole point Oak,is the Pres is supposed to be Above the fray..His attention should be on serious issues..Instead worrying about what talk hosts spew about Him..

I agree with this!

4 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

In his latest series of rants against the media, he refers to Joe by his full name but only to "dumb as a rock Mika." I bet he doesn't know how to spell her last name and is too lazy to look it up.

I don't know where he's getting that she is dumb. Say what you will about some of her choices, she is an intelligent person.

Mika wrote about  her poor grades in College compared to her brothers in her first book .

Dr Z was not happy with Mika's grades.

Mika also created diplomatic chaos by nearly running over Menachem Begin at Camp David & spilling hot soup on Deng Xiaping in the 1970's.

• Love 1

Mika and Joe are tv personalities. This gives them the right to be idiots. 

Well there are plenty of other cable news hosts who despise Trump  who give him 100% negative coverage but don't do it by making childish faces and name calling and personal attacks.  They keep their reporting professional and focus on his policies and actions.    Mika and Joe have lost all ability to do that because they got too close to Trump and his inner circle and now that they are out, they are in revenge mode.  They played a huge part in making this monster by giving him unlimited positive coverage for a year.   Like the article said, they owe America an apology.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika also created diplomatic chaos by nearly running over Menachem Begin at Camp David & spilling hot soup on Deng Xiaping in the 1970's.

Mika was a child when these things happened, so I don't think they have anything to do with her intelligence (or lack of).

• Love 7

When the first tweets mocking Joe and Mika appeared on Thursday morning, I realized (as several posters have already mentioned) why their love affairs with Jared, Ivanka and Melania seemed to have died in the last few weeks.  As the day went on, and so many lawmakers, as well as news media, reacted to the tweets with shocked condemnation, I knew we were all in for a very bumpy ride.

Joe and Mika were in love with Trump during the campaign and for a time after the election and gave him invaluable air time and stroking. They VALIDATED his "legitimacy."   I think that Joe and Mika believe they made him, and now, they believe they can break him.  Mika's shtick of calling Trump mentally ill,  suffering from dementia, unbalanced, etc, goes too far, in my opinion, and tends to excuse the inexcusable. Trump is a small, little man, but he's crazy like a fox.   So while I detest the guy, I don't like the idea of former Trump-lovers Mika and Joe doing a daily takedown based on his mental health.

And as he already has shown this morning, Trump will continue to tweet against the couple. It's so ugly and beneath his office, but the more he's criticized for it, the more Trump will dig in his heels.  Yesterday, Lewandowski called Trump "the Ernest Hemingway of Twitter."  I'm sure that's all Trump needs to hear to ensure he will never stop his tweeting buffoonery. 

I'm fine with Mika and Joe acting as loyal opposition, but don't sink to the man's puerile level.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, cased said:

Mika was a child when these things happened, so I don't think they have anything to do with her intelligence (or lack of).

I agree !. It's just a funny story of how Mika got into trouble as a child. I have always found it surprising that Mika never developed the intellectual curiousity of her two brothers or her dad. Dr Z's books are very interesting & time consuming to read.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I have been watching and recapping Morning Joe for years even back in the TWOP days!. I have seen this pattern of Mika & Joe getting to close to the politicians they cover. It is comforting to know that from Corzine to Christie to Sanford & McConnell, all their political careers suffered after becoming too friendly with Mika & Joe. I suspect the same will happen to Trump.

Oh believe me I get that part, the Morning Joe crew represent the worse thing about journalism and media, cozying up to power for access and favors even when you know the thing you are cozying up to is morally and ethically bankrupt. They represent and cheerlead a symbiotic relationship of power and media where there should be none.

But nevertheless, they are the Morning Joe stooges and he is the president of the United States and he is acting like he is one of the Fox News stooges instead of a man elected to the highest office in this country.

Edited by Jeann
  • Love 4

I got home last night after being in the Netherlands for a week so I'm a little late to the party but I couldn't believe Trump's horrible tweets toward Mika.  Granted I'm not her biggest fan but she certainly does not deserve to be treated as poorly as she was.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I got home last night after being in the Netherlands for a week so I'm a little late to the party but I couldn't believe Trump's horrible tweets toward Mika.  Granted I'm not her biggest fan but she certainly does not deserve to be treated as poorly as she was.

Welcome Back! It has been a busy week here:))

(edited)
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

He is so pathological in the way he is insulting women. They are always bimbos, ugly and bleeding. If there ever was someone in need of a pricey psychoanalyst....

Just take the Monrining Joe example

Psycho Joe <->low I.Q. Mika, facelift Mika, bleeding

Crazy Joe <-> dumb as rocks Mika

Low rated Joe <-> neurotic, not very bright Mika in 2016

Trump is truly a disturbed, thin skinned misogynist

PS. David Frum had the best reaction to this new tweet https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/881147127509811200

Edited by Jeann
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Welcome Back! It has been a busy week here:))

Yes, and I really owe a debt of gratitude to the mod who graciously agreed to be my backup in this forum while I was gone.

Happy Canada Day!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I agree !. It's just a funny story of how Mika got into trouble as a child. I have always found it surprising that Mika never developed the intellectual curiousity of her two brothers or her dad. Dr Z's books are very interesting & time consuming to read.

Yes, I agree they are funny stories. 

8 minutes ago, cased said:

I have always found it surprising that Mika never developed the intellectual curiousity of her two brothers

Well, she did go to Georgetown and transferred to Williams so she isn't exactly a slouch.