Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I was thinking this morning they were getting a little sickeningly cute in their insults. Not that Trump doesn't deserve it, but it was "oh did you see that?" "goodness what happened? 

The internet & twitter is exploding on this Trump tweet stuff.  It's the headline on cnn's website.  I imagine the ratings for MJ will get better for a while after this.  Joe will write an editorial.  

I heard he got upset when they blasted Jared over Tillerson's blow up about staffing State. 

Guess the press briefing today will be no video or audio, again.  

Well you know how she loves her vodka.  What woman in her right mind would go to an event with the President elect if her face was still healing from a lift? Mika is WAY too vain to do that. 

I can just see Joe & Mika banging on the doors at the entrance of Mar A Lago, "let us in Donald!!" 

I could see Mika & Joe demanding a audience with Trump at Mar A Largo during the holidays. Mika & Joe were not as ati Trump in the days before the election. I checked my recaps during the pre election period. Joe said that Trump still had a chance.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jaded said:

Cheetos In Chief's personal Twitter account should have been put on lockdown after he got elected. I don't think anyone could have imagined we'd actually have a president who acted so irresponsible and childish on social media. It was one thing when he was a private citizen. He's not that anymore and the insanity that spews forth from him affects everyone now. This goes way beyond what he tweeted about Mika and Joe. It does feel like it's a diversion to get attention off of serious matters like healthcare. 

I agree. Trump did tell Leslie Stahl after the election that he would tweet less. He continues to tweet personal attacks against media personalities  which is wrong.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I don't like the personal insults by Mika & Joe against President Trump. It's not effective. I don't understand why they would attack him so personally after accepting invitations to Mar A Largo & The White House after the inauguration.

That's what bothers me about Joe & Mika's comments and criticism about Trump. They're not talking about his policies, etc. These are entirely personal attacks from people who used to like him very much but then suddenly were on the outs, so now they despise him and he's the worst, etc.

None of this is journalism, or even useful opinion. It's like listening to eighth graders who are suddenly out of favor with the cool kids they once adored, so now they hate them and want everyone to know it. Sad. ;)

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Jeann said:

It would be much more effective to let Mika B. be the one to speak on this.

I agree. However, Joe has frequently done scripted rants. Mika might chime in with a moan & an eye roll as well as an off the cuff comment about Trump.

18 minutes ago, okerry said:

That's what bothers me about Joe & Mika's comments and criticism about Trump. They're not talking about his policies, etc. These are entirely personal attacks from people who used to like him very much but then suddenly were on the outs, so now they despise him and he's the worst, etc.

None of this is journalism, or even useful opinion. It's like listening to eighth graders who are suddenly out of favor with the cool kids they once adored, so now they hate them and want everyone to know it. Sad. ;)

Exactly! This is not the first time Mika & Joe have done this. They got way too close to Governor Korzine & Christie of NJ. Joe was a personal friend of Mark Sanford, & Gov McDonell of Virginia. They can't have personal relationships with the people they cover. It's unethical.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, oakville said:

They can't have it both ways. They want to be personal friends of the President when they want inside scoops of the incoming administration. In November & December, MSNBC was running clips of how Joe was first to report cabinet picks, Trump news etc.

So it's okay for POTUS to attack Mika because they did positive stories about him?  Let's take the vulgarity of his statement away for a moment, he lied. He lied about something easily verifiable and silly. It's less about the next lie he'll tell and the insult to our collective intelligence that's so offensive.

Whether or not Joe and Mika attacked Obama is not the point; there are responsibilities of conduct that come with being president. That was the basis for the tan suit attack which is why I and others cited it--the attack was ridiculous but a huge example of the hunt for anything to discredit Obama. I really hate when people obfuscate pretty clear examples of the double standard that was employed against Obama. 

• Love 21
On 11/8/2016 at 6:46 AM, oakville said:

Morning Joe election episode. Joe is wearing his navy fleece. Mika is wearing a v neck black top. Ratner is on the set. Mika is happy for Hillary. Joe said if Hillary wins Florida, it's over. Joe is happy that there are many early voters. Mika said her daughters are active on Campus. Lady Gaga endorsed Hillary!. Jon Bon Jovi endorsed Hillary! Joe has a new talking point. He said that Trump may have lost the election on opening day by attacking Mexicans as rapists & being anti hispanic. I am glad that no one ever thought of that before. :)

Joe said he was tough on Trump & Clinton.

Meacham said a Clinton presidency will be like another act of Shakespeare. The wife of a President has never become President before.

David Ignatieus said the election is process is too long in the USA.

Ignatious can't believe Trump beat 16 other GOP candidates.

Joe did not predict a Trump Presidency but kept his options open. Joe was almost correct that Trump needed Florida to win. Without Florida, he would have 277 electoral votes. However, looking at demographics, losing Florida & wining in the midwest was highly unlikely.

On 11/8/2016 at 7:08 AM, oakville said:

Joe said that Trump connects better in Michigan than previous GOP nominees. Meacham called him a Archie Bunker Billionaire.

Joe said the revolution of 2016 is the rise of Sanders & Trump.

Joe was correct that Trump would do better in Michigan than previous GOP nominees. If Trump could win Michigan, which leans more Democratic than Pennsylvania, then he would probably win Pennsylvania.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

So it's okay for POTUS to attack Mika because they did positive stories about him?  Let's take the vulgarity of his statement away for a moment, he lied. He lied about something easily verifiable and silly. It's less about the next lie he'll tell and the insult to our collective intelligence that's so offensive.

Whether or not Joe and Mika attacked Obama is not the point; there are responsibilities of conduct that come with being president. That was the basis for the tan suit attack which is why I and others cited it--the attack was ridiculous but a huge example of the hunt for anything to discredit Obama. I really hate when people obfuscate pretty clear examples of the double standard that was employed against Obama. 

Mika & Joe have a track record of getting too personally friendly  with the politicians they cover. This has happened with Democrats like Corzine & Macaskaskill & GOP with everyone else. There are reports tonight that Trump feels personally betrayed by Mika & Joe's over the top personal insults at him. They were friends for over 10 years. He decided to retaliate today against Mika & to a lesser extent Joe, who is only considered to be Psycho:).

I agree with you that the POTUS of any party should not be attacking the physical appearance of any media personalities.

Mocking Obama over a "poor choice in tan suits" is not the same as calling Trump mentally ill, thug etc. I do recall people making fun of Obama wearing "mom jeans", but no one attacked him as a thug or mentally ill.

In fact, Joe was the only cable news host to mock Obama for being a bad pitcher when he threw out the opening pitch at a baseball game.

Mika should know better. She is not Trump's Doctor.

(edited)

Not sure what happened but they are lost all objectivity and it seems like they have a personal vendetta to stick it to Trump for 3 hours every day.  Even if you don't like Trump, it gets really old.

Agree agree agree.  I wish they would become bigger people and just cover the news without the hand-wringing sighs and barbs.  Cannot take this for  42 more months!

Also there is a great article on Allure where they interviewed a plastic surgeon who confirms, nobody bleeds from plastic surgery (but they do bruise.)

"She was bleeding from her eyes.  She was bleeding from her....whatever."  (said in Alec Baldwinesque Trump voice)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3

One aspect of this which completely annoys is how so many outlets are describing Mika as a journalist rather than a cable TV co-host, which is what she is. Also, I have seen and heard the word journalist preceded by "veteran" and "influential." Um, no. Trump dunked her in a shit-filled pond and she emerged smelling of lilacs, with an undeserved label that she previously could only dream about.

• Love 2

Mika was a real journalist for many many years before hosting this show. In that sense she deserves that label, as opposed to people who get shows from politics, law, etc. without that background - Joe, Nicolle Wallace, Greta van Sustern, hell even Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Megyn Kelly.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Mocking Obama over a "poor choice in tan suits" is not the same as calling Trump mentally ill, thug etc. I do recall people making fun of Obama wearing "mom jeans", but no one attacked him as a thug or mentally ill.

In fact, Joe was the only cable news host to mock Obama for being a bad pitcher when he threw out the opening pitch at a baseball game.

Mika should know better. She is not Trump's Doctor.

No one attacked him as a thug or mentally ill?????? They, especially at Fox and other right wing media, attacked him with those and many far worse insults, constantly, unendingly. And to say Joe was the only host to mock Obama is simply not true. Joe has mocked and insulted and maligned Obama since he gave his magnificent speech at John Kerry's convention and has continued to this day.

• Love 18
(edited)

I didn't realize Mika's mom had had two heart attacks since Dr. Z died. That's rough.

Anyway, it looks like Mika has a lot of defenders in the media and in the government. I thought Nicolle's reaction was very elegant and heartfelt.

Donnie just called Trump a pig and said he is a hypocrite because he criticizes women for their appearance while being repulsive to look at himself.

I can't believe a president has brought our country to this level of discourse. Sad!

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 11

I am loving MJ so far and all the panelists' responses to this crapstorm.  But then, I'm a tRump disliker (I hesitate to use the stronger word I prefer out of respect for the office, even though the current holder of it has none) so it pleases me.  I can barely wait until 7 a.m. when the lovebirds make their entrance; talk about Must See TV!!  tRump has just elevated this show, which he professes to not watch and as 'low rated',  into the viewing stratosphere, at least for the short term.  ------   And since Joe can be a self-centered bloviating bully himself (albeit not nearly to the same degree as DT), it has crossed my little pea brain that if this debacle raises Meek-a's stature to such a level that her fame/notoriety surpasses his, how well Squinty will take that.  Not well, is my guess, but who knows. Love conquers all.  ?

• Love 2

Their WaPo op-ed appears to say it all, so why the fly-by this morning? Anyway:

"We were heartened to hear a number of Republican lawmakers call out Mr. Trump for his offensive words and can only hope that the women who are closest to him will follow their examples. It would be the height of hypocrisy to claim the mantle of women’s empowerment while allowing a family member to continue such abusive conduct."

- - - - > Ivanka! - - - - > Bam!

• Love 6

Note to panel.  They read several republican tweets and comments from the like of McCain and Graham.  None of these lawmakers will abandon him so don't waste your time.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Agree agree agree.  I wish they would become bigger people and just cover the news without the hand-wringing sighs and barbs.  Cannot take this for  42 more months!

"She was bleeding from her eyes.  She was bleeding from her....whatever."  (said in Alec Baldwinesque Trump voice)

If Mika & Joe keep up their personal vendetta against Trump, then ratings will fall. Harold Ford Jr said you should attack their positions not their personal appearance. Donny calling Trump a disgusting pig is not helpful.

5 hours ago, suomi said:

One aspect of this which completely annoys is how so many outlets are describing Mika as a journalist rather than a cable TV co-host, which is what she is. Also, I have seen and heard the word journalist preceded by "veteran" and "influential." Um, no. Trump dunked her in a shit-filled pond and she emerged smelling of lilacs, with an undeserved label that she previously could only dream about.

Mika is a former journalist. Why don't they play clips of Mika agreeing with Trump not to ask tough questions last year.?

Meacham made me laugh with his comments about Morning Joe being a sovereign power.! Are they on a watch list?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shok said:

No one attacked him as a thug or mentally ill?????? They, especially at Fox and other right wing media, attacked him with those and many far worse insults, constantly, unendingly. And to say Joe was the only host to mock Obama is simply not true. Joe has mocked and insulted and maligned Obama since he gave his magnificent speech at John Kerry's convention and has continued to this day.

Mika & Joe never attacked Obama in the personal terms "thug, mentally ill" that they used for Trump. Furthermore, Mika & Joe were very happy to be beneficiaries of being close personally to Trump from June 2015- Jan 2017. They took a few months from July -Nov 8, 2016 off to bash Trump. Post election, they liked Trump again.

18 minutes ago, suomi said:

Their WaPo op-ed appears to say it all, so why the fly-by this morning? Anyway:

"We were heartened to hear a number of Republican lawmakers call out Mr. Trump for his offensive words and can only hope that the women who are closest to him will follow their examples. It would be the height of hypocrisy to claim the mantle of women’s empowerment while allowing a family member to continue such abusive conduct."

- - - - > Ivanka! - - - - > Bam!

No more trips to Trump Tower for Mika! LOL! Remember how much Mika enjoyed having a meeting with Ivanka during the transition?

Cackles of all people asking the female members of Trump's staff to condemn Trump is absurd. Where was Cackles when Sarah palin was ominated for VP?

Cackles waited till the election results were clear to attack Palin . She never offered to resign during the campaign.

• Love 5

Elise looks awesome today!. I love the sleeveless dress on her.

Mika & Joe cancelled their trip to Fenway Park with their kids last night to be on air today at 7 am.

Will foreign allies turn on the USA for Trump's tweets? I find that silly.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

Mika was a real journalist for many many years before hosting this show. In that sense she deserves that label, as opposed to people who get shows from politics, law, etc. without that background - Joe, Nicolle Wallace, Greta van Sustern, hell even Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Megyn Kelly.

I hear ya, but ... she clearly deserves much credit for 9-11 but that was a fluke (her presence there, not her performance). For many years before that she wo/manned the human interest beat at various stations; for many years after that (until MJ) she bounced around, not a headliner, finally achieving contributor status at CBS and IIRC anchoring morning news there. But, CBS. A fluffy afternoon show didn't last and then a few years of doing live updates on the weekend and overnight shifts. She's a one-hit wonder. Until this happened I think her name rarely came to mind when asking someone to name 10 female journalists. or 20. It boggles that this is an in ter na tion al story involving American Journalist Mika Brzezinski. Will this morph into something yuge? Indeed, the irony perhaps will be rich.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, suomi said:

I hear ya, but ... she clearly deserves much credit for 9-11 but that was a fluke (her presence there, not her performance). For many years before that she wo/manned the human interest beat at various stations; for many years after that (until MJ) she bounced around, not a headliner, finally achieving contributor status at CBS and IIRC anchoring morning news there. But, CBS. A fluffy afternoon show didn't last and then a few years of doing live updates on the weekend and overnight shifts. She's a one-hit wonder. Until this happened I think her name rarely came to mind when asking someone to name 10 female journalists. or 20. It boggles that this is an in ter na tion al story involving American Journalist Mika Brzezinski. Will this morph into something yuge? Indeed, the irony perhaps will be rich.  

Agreed. Furthermore, if Joe was not physically attracted to her, would she still have lasted as co anchor on Morning Joe?

I sincerely doubt it.

Is Mika wearing new makeup? She looks more tan than usual. I do like her blue shirt. Joe is wearing a suit before flying off to Nantucket.

Many important world leaders called Joe to support him.

• Love 1

I think she got a vacation spray tan. And, we have a winner: Mika should wear a blue chambray shirt every day. It fits, it's flattering, it doesn't require adjusting.  She looks relaxed and comfortable in it.

Blackmail. Holy crap. As if this saga needed more spice.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, oakville said:

Agreed. Furthermore, if Joe was not physically attracted to her, would she still have lasted as co anchor on Morning Joe?

I sincerely doubt it.

Is Mika wearing new makeup? She looks more tan than usual. I do like her blue shirt. Joe is wearing a suit before flying off to Nantucket.

Many important world leaders called Joe to support him.

That last bit cracked me up. He had to sneak that in, didn't he?

I am going to Nantucket on Monday! Maybe I'll run into them!

• Love 6
(edited)

Donny calling Trump a disgusting pig is not helpful.

So Donny's going to offer to "meet Trump in the schoolyard."  With his Prada suit and $200 haircut.

Andrea Mitchell reporting from Aspen. Did Joe deliver an edict that now all on the show must also wear fleece??

If that is true about the whole National Enquirer mishegas, that is beyond the pale.  Kudos to them for not mentioning it before this.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeann said:

Jesus Christ, wow.  If that is true, that's blackmail.

Why didn't Mika mention that she called Roger Ailes in 2013 to stop an article about her affair with Joe? They offered the reporter a scoop about something at MSNBC in exchange for keeping quiet about their affair

• Love 3
(edited)

They really really unloaded all the secrets on Trump.
Two doofus chat show hosts are now in the same footing vs the President of the United States as a foreign leader would be.  In negative dialogue, criticizing back and forth. 

It's totally fair to call that shit stain a thug or mentally ill.  He is a mentally ill thug.  They - second-handedly - claim that his campaign managers and cabinet members and members of Congress believe he's unfit mentally for the rigors of the office. He tried to blackmail them. 

And yes, absolutely his moronic Tweets weaken his position and the United States' stability.  Every foreign leader can manipulate his weak ego and drive his behavior.  They can seed chaos and cause him to make mistakes they'll take advantage of.  They can split US diplomats' loyalties.  They can make all relationships tense and generate leverage.  All you have to do is have a woman insult him in the media in some way, and he becomes unhinged.  It's real.  It happens daily. 

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

So Donny's going to offer to "meet Trump in the schoolyard."  With his Prada suit and $200 haircut.

If that is true about the whole National Enquirer mishegas, that is beyond the pale.  Kudos to them for not mentioning it before this.

The National Enquirer story is weird.

1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

They really really unloaded all the secrets on Trump.
Two doofus chat show hosts are now in the same footing vs the President of the United States as a foreign leader would be.  In negative dialogue, criticizing back and forth. 

It's totally fair to call that shit stain a thug or mentally ill.  He is a mentally ill thug.  They - second-handedly - claim that his campaign managers and cabinet members and members of Congress believe he's unfit mentally for the rigors of the office. He tried to blackmail them. 

It's hilarious that they pretend they didn't want to go to Mar A Lago. Joe was inJupiter Florida for the holidays. 

There wS no reason for him to go meet with Trump. Arranging interviews can be done by lower level staff. 

Mika &Joe wanted to be seen by the media as having insider connections with president Trump

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I am going to Nantucket on Monday! Maybe I'll run into them!

Jealous.  Have fun!  4th of July there must be just incredible.  Be sure to head to 'Sconset and walk around those perfect neighborhoods.  And visit Cisco Brewery and listen to music and eat great food truck seafood.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

I think she got a vacation spray tan. And, we have a winner: Mika should wear a blue chambray shirt every day. It fits, it's flattering, it doesn't require adjusting.  She looks relaxed and comfortable in it.

Blackmail. Holy crap. As if this saga needed more spice.

Yes! She looked fantstic! 

• Love 1

Donny was on fire, wasn't he? So was Elise! Those two would be an efficient team if they decided to prowl alleys and such (or Camp David). I'd LMAO while they were chasing his ass over hill and through dale.

This national nightmare has to end. Joe and Mika sat on some big info for a long time. Wondering if they ever would have shared, without the tweets.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, suomi said:

Donny was on fire, wasn't he? So was Elise! Those two would be an efficient team if they decided to prowl alleys and such (or Camp David). I'd LMAO while they were chasing his ass over hill and through dale.

This national nightmare has to end. Joe and Mika sat on some big info for a long time. Wondering if they ever would have shared, without the tweets.

I guess they wouldn't have because it's obvious it's something about their personal life. If you tell, you'll have to address what they are trying to blackmail you with

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Why didn't Mika mention that she called Roger Ailes in 2013 to stop an article about her affair with Joe? They offered the reporter a scoop about something at MSNBC in exchange for keeping quiet about their affair

At first, I thought that one was the blackmail-story. Then, I finds out there's another story. Which leads me to suspect that there are quite a few more stories, on both sides. How many more will be revealed?

3 minutes ago, Jeann said:

I guess they wouldn't have because it's obvious it's something about their personal life. If you tell, you'll have to address what they are trying to blackmail you with

I'm so confused. (Damn you, Paxil!) We don't know what they didn't roll over for?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, okerry said:

The "insults" I see are usually just iterations of things many people are already saying -- that Trump is petty and vindictive, that Trump has little regard for the office of President, that Trump is becoming increasingly unhinged -- and are always stated in response to Trump's policies or actions.   They are not ad hominems.

Trump's tweets did nothing to allay these impressions.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, suomi said:

At first, I thought that one was the blackmail-story. Then, I finds out there's another story. Which leads me to suspect that there are quite a few more stories, on both sides. How many more will be revealed?

I'm so confused. (Damn you, Paxil!) We don't know what they didn't roll over for?

I think they alluded to it being about their supposed affair and JS buying beer ? Lol I don't even know. This world has gone crazy.

• Love 1

At first, I thought that one was the blackmail-story. Then, I finds out there's another story. Which leads me to suspect that there are quite a few more stories, on both sides. How many more will be revealed?

I think they alluded to it being about their supposed affair and JS buying beer ? Lol I don't even know. This world has gone craz

I only heard that it was that Joe buys 3 6 packs a week at the convenience store, which he says he doesn't buy beer. I heard nothing about any affairs

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I only heard that it was that Joe buys 3 6 packs a week at the convenience store, which he says he doesn't buy beer. I heard nothing about any affairs

I think there was something about him being at her house too. I watched it live today and got the impression this was what they are implying the article to be would be implying. Something about their personal relationship not necessarily affair, you're right about that.

• Love 2

I think I saw the National Enquirer story that they referred to. It came out a little while after Joe and Mika announced their engagement. The gist of the story was that Mika and Joe had been having an affair well before they got divorced (hardly breaking news). They offered two supposed pieces of evidence. The first was was that Joe supposedly paid off his ex-wife to keep quiet about the affair. They said that after a months long investigation, they had found out that Joe paid his ex-wife $150,000 and $30,0000 per month (original report also stated that Joe pays for kids education, and pays for house, this was not mentioned by Enquirer). This  is hilarious on two fronts. First, these numbers were widely reported days after Joe's divorce became public, so it would only take a 5 minute Google search to find this out. Second, if these numbers are accurate, Joe actually got off pretty easy given his salary. I would hardly consider this to be paying someone off. 

Second piece of evidence was that someone who worked in a grocery store near Mika's house had seen both Mika and Joe in his store many times, but never together, and that Joe usually bought beer. The story didn't specify when this was, so it very likely could have been after Mika got divorced, but before they went public. 

Overall this article was a 'nothing burger' as they like to say on Morning Joe. 

(Now exiting TMZ mode). 

• Love 2

Well Mika admitted to having a little work done on her chin.

This stuff with Trump trying to blackmail them is disgusting. With what, something everyone at the network and about 95% of their viewers knew?  

If the story they wanted Ailes to quash was similar, about their relationship, it was a few years ago, before it all became  public.  And maybe they got scared and did try to get Ailes to stop the story, but if they tried to trade it for something about MSNBC, that's bullshit.   Biting the hand that feeds you. 

I think the reason Trump is slowly going crazy, as Joe alludes to with his stories of Trump staff calling him concerned about his behavior,  is that he knows the investigations are going to get into his business dealings as much as they are into Flynn et al colluding with the Russians.  Slowly we are going to find out that the Russians do have shit on him, that in exchange for the loans, he has been laundering money thru the casinos and other real estate deals for Russians.  

Here's hoping that when J & M come back they focus more on these types of issues.  

• Love 7
(edited)

OK, thanks. You guys are the best. I did hear the part about the beer. And I guess I did hear the meat in this foot-long, which was Joe leaving Mika's house "after a few minutes" (which she wriggled about, a little, signaling discomfort) and spotting a papp spotting him. I wish the time frame was more obvious but, whenever, it sounds, smells and tastes like blackmail. Was T indirectly having them followed, by sic-ing his publishing buddy on them? Setting them up so he could rescue them and continue to hold it over them? This is wild, and weird, and I have the feeling they're still holding back. Mika would be lousy at poker.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 2

The George W. Bush story about his reaction to Keith Olberman's evisceration of him made me chuckle. His cluelessness has actually turned around to make him more endearing in hindsight. At least in respect to how he handled the press.

Mika and Joe were a lot calmer than I expected, but then they had time to shake the walls of various rooms with strings of expletives before getting composed for this morning's discussion. I may be reading a lot into Joe's body language but there seemed to be an undercurrent of sincere hurt/vulnerability for Mika under his 'I'm okay, this isn't about me, this was an attack on Mika' bluster.

And I did love Mika basically saying ' I just lost my dad, my mom had 2 heart attacks, and my daughter recently lost a close friend. Do you think I'm worried about you? Bitch, please' to Trump.

• Love 11